(Topic ID: 200141)

JJP Pirates of the Caribbean Official Owners and Fan Club!

By goren1818

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 18,885 posts
  • 633 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by Buzzie
  • Topic is favorited by 284 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pirates2 (resized).jpg
IMG_2296 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2297 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2298 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2299 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2301 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2300 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
20240330_165232 (resized).jpg
POTC_Mods_annotated (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2024-03-29 at 12.02.54 PM (resized).png
17117301082711484468150429261795 (resized).jpg
20240329_160033 (resized).jpg
431321214_1110342276953195_8816628931148154685_n (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223442061 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223435586 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

20 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,885 posts in this topic. You are on page 33 of 378.
#1601 5 years ago
Quoted from KevInBuffalo:

Got early access to the new .98 code and will be streaming it tonight! 8 p.m. Eastern at http://www.twitch.tv/buffalopinball

Interested in changes also, how do others get early access? Thanks...

#1602 5 years ago
Quoted from Energyspike:

Interested in changes also, how do others get early access? Thanks...

You have to know the secret pirate hand shake. Or buy Eric some pale ale! lol JK.

#1603 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Update... I love this dam game! End of update. Lol

Agreed, just loving it too. My first pin and I want more....Late 2019, possibly The Hobbit....

#1604 5 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Anyone Mylar the disc yet?
Doesn’t seem like they protected the decal at all.

Noticed on the JJP website you can purchase all the decals and plastics etc. I was thinking my disc decal showed wear but looks to be the normal decal color as others that posted pics on here (better to mylar or just replace with new decal?). Just cleaned the rubbers and rotated some that were showing a lot of wear. Ordered new set for future from Titan Pinball and also purchased exact Gigabyte Motherboard to keep it up and running for years to come as I plan to never sell this game..

#1605 5 years ago
Quoted from KevInBuffalo:

Got early access to the new .98 code and will be streaming it tonight! 8 p.m. Eastern at http://www.twitch.tv/buffalopinball

very interested to see this!

any 'patch notes' come with it?

#1606 5 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

As much as I enjoy putting stickers on a playfield, I don't think it needs it.

#1607 5 years ago

Another rule question:

I noticed in the chapters on the screen, that sometimes it will say something like ".75x" or "2x" above a chapter. How are those values determined?

#1608 5 years ago

The more chapters you have qualified before you enter the chapter start area, the higher the multiplier for the shots in the chapter will be.

#1609 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinballomatic:

The more chapters you have qualified before you enter the chapter start area, the higher the multiplier for the shots in the chapter will be.

Ahhh, thank you!

#1610 5 years ago

Anything qualify multiballs other than playing a chapter?

Last couple games I had at world end multiball qualifies even though I don’t think I played a chapter from said movie.

Mystery awards maybe? Any other possibilities?

#1611 5 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Anything qualify multiballs other than playing a chapter?
Last couple games I had at world end multiball qualifies even though I don’t think I played a chapter from said movie.
Mystery awards maybe? Any other possibilities?

You don’t have to play a chapter to qualify the multiball. Multiball qualifications are as follows - and I don’t own the game so someone chime in to fill in the blanks and/or correct me :

Movie 1: curse of black pearl - sink ship or I believe 2 misses? Black pearl skill shots also advance it.
Jackpot = load cannon
Super jackpot = load cannon and sink ship

Movie 2: dead mans chest - lock 3 balls.
Jackpot = shoot green shots
Super jackpot = shoot chest after collecting all jackpot(s)

Movie 3: At worlds end - collect the 9 pieces of eight which I believe is from making one of the 9 major shots on the pf. Start of Each ball (except ball 1?) spots a piece for you.
Jackpot = maelstrom
Super jackpot = Calypso which is under upper left flipper

Movie 4: on stranger tides - shoot upper flipper inner loops
Jackpot = Shoot inner loop for a Jackpot
Double Jackpot = Shoot through the chest then around the inner loop
Triple Jackpot = Shoot the right orbit and then around the inner loop
Super Jackpot = If you collect all three Jackpots... shoot the inner loop again and the up-post will capture the ball and if you hit the up-post with the other ball and 'newton' the captive ball back around the inner loop you will be awarded a Super Jackpot.

Movie 5: dead men tell no tales - far left spinner
Jackpot = roaving arrow
Super jackpot = dead men tell no tales shot i.e. far left loop

Super jackpots are accumulated towards your end of movie wizard mode. Must play the movie multiball and all 5 chapters associated with that movie.

#1612 5 years ago

At Worlds End is qualified by making all nine big red arrow shots around the playfield once. When you hear the long speech call about “nine pieces of whatever we happen to have” or “the original plan was to use nine pieces” then you’ll know it’s ready to start at the left ramp. In general, qualifying a multiball is not done by playing a chapter. For Black Pearl you have to finish the ship sequence, for On Stranger Tides you have to make upper loop shots and so forth.

#1613 5 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Don't do that. If you put mylar on the disk, it will literally do nothing to the ball. It is a specially designed polymer surface that grips the ball, and if you cover it...no more gripping.

#1614 5 years ago
Quoted from Hogbog:

Don't do that. If you put mylar on the disk, it will literally do nothing to the ball. It is a specially designed polymer surface that grips the ball, and if you cover it...no more gripping.

Good to know, thanks!

#1615 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinballomatic:

At Worlds End is qualified by making all nine big red arrow shots around the playfield once. When you hear the long speech call about “nine pieces of whatever we happen to have” or “the original plan was to use nine pieces” then you’ll know it’s ready to start at the left ramp. In general, qualifying a multiball is not done by playing a chapter. For Black Pearl you have to finish the ship sequence, for On Stranger Tides you have to make upper loop shots and so forth.

I did get that call out, nine pieces of whatever so that is how I must have qualified it.

#1616 5 years ago

Yep, just replace the map decal when it wears out. No big deal

242B3ED2-8C3F-4DB4-99C6-E51399233DD5 (resized).jpeg242B3ED2-8C3F-4DB4-99C6-E51399233DD5 (resized).jpeg
#1617 5 years ago
Quoted from darkryder:

Yep, just replace the map decal when it wears out. No big deal
[quoted image]

How many plays did you have already that it wore out? Pics of old worn out disc?

#1618 5 years ago
Quoted from Hogbog:

So then we should not wax that disk surface either? (Still waiting for my game, but I am taking lots of notes)

#1619 5 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

How many plays did you have already that it wore out? Pics of old worn out disc?

It didn't wear out, mine had pronounced air bubbles in it out of the box, so they shipped me a new decal.

#1620 5 years ago

RE: custom mylar

Does anyone know where we can find a 1 : 1 image of the playfield? It would be awesome to have one of the whole playfield at a respectable resolution but if someone has even a 1 : 1 cropped image(s) of the left orbit where the chest ball drop is, extending up and around (this would help for misses from the cannon towards the Dauntless) and maybe the Starmap area to start that would be awesome!

I'd like to create an outline of those two areas, print them out and cut these out of mylar to drop them in.

Asking too much?

Here are images of the orbit now. You can see where the rectangle mylar is, leading into the orbit but it stops before the post and there is nothing beyond that. I have taken two pics of the chest lock bracket, first closed then open. The Dauntless is also at rest, you can see that when a ball hits it, it will push the ship back but then fall down onto the plastic or orbit.

IMG_20181210_0404402 (resized).jpgIMG_20181210_0404402 (resized).jpgIMG_20181210_0406507 (resized).jpgIMG_20181210_0406507 (resized).jpgIMG_20181210_0408364 (resized).jpgIMG_20181210_0408364 (resized).jpgIMG_20181210_0409539 (resized).jpgIMG_20181210_0409539 (resized).jpgIMG_20181210_0410013 (resized).jpgIMG_20181210_0410013 (resized).jpgIMG_20181210_0412452 (resized).jpgIMG_20181210_0412452 (resized).jpg

#1621 5 years ago

You really think Mylar will protect that post from a ball falling from 4-5 inches from above?
Might be easier to just swap the post when need be.

#1622 5 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

You really think Mylar will protect that post from a ball falling from 4-5 inches from above?
Might be easier to just swap the post when need be.

No, not concerned with the post, just the area around it and up the orbit

#1623 5 years ago

There is one at 79 Pearl Street in Manhattan.

IMG_20181210_143452961 (resized).jpgIMG_20181210_143452961 (resized).jpgIMG_20181210_143512023 (resized).jpgIMG_20181210_143512023 (resized).jpgIMG_20181210_151123056 (resized).jpgIMG_20181210_151123056 (resized).jpgIMG_20181210_151257886 (resized).jpgIMG_20181210_151257886 (resized).jpg
#1624 5 years ago

Just received our JJPOTC today and am having an issue with the right flipper on the lower playfield. Nothing seems to be loose and it worked perfectly for the first 2 games then went into a flat starting position than the left flipper. Any ideas on what the issue might be?

B6A933FF-E7D5-48EE-BBC6-2F002DEC5383 (resized).jpegB6A933FF-E7D5-48EE-BBC6-2F002DEC5383 (resized).jpeg
#1625 5 years ago
Quoted from Nemotheeskie:

Any ideas on what the issue might be?

Nut on pawl not tight enough and the flipper moved.

LTG : )

#1626 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Thanks a million. I am new to the hobby so the little fixes are a bit intimidating at first.

#1627 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

B4FB1D63-C23D-47CE-849D-434FB54FD5CA (resized).jpegB4FB1D63-C23D-47CE-849D-434FB54FD5CA (resized).jpeg
#1628 5 years ago

I am new to the hobby so the little fixes are a bit intimidating at first.

Don't be afraid to reach out for help.

And in time, when you can help others, pass it on.

You'll do fine.

#1629 5 years ago

So I've an LE on its way....yay hooooooo!! My question is what are some of the things that need to be looked at before firing up? Too tight/broken wires etc etc...

#1630 5 years ago
Quoted from misfitdart:

So I've an LE on its way....yay hooooooo!! My question is what are some of the things that need to be looked at before firing up? Too tight/broken wires etc etc...

Welcome and congrats!

There is quite a lot available in the last month or so, of this thread that you can read through. There are also a couple of posts which summarize a short list of the things to look out for and suggestions to make to mitigate known issues. I have added a few of my own and included images where possible. Have a look a the gallery over the same period and you will see some interesting and helpful tips.

I'd say right away, move the Black Pearl to the right (via the menu) and get in there with some small cutters to cut out a few of the small zip ties. Be careful not to cut any wires! The harness (wiring) is way too tight in the there and you will likely (almost guaranteed) have broken wires in no time. Check out the discussions regarding mylar and protectors, if you are interested in keep the game minty fresh.

#1631 5 years ago

Thanks a million. I am new to the hobby so the little fixes are a bit intimidating at first.

Welcome and congrats on your acquisition as well This is going to be quite the pin to cut your teeth on. The beauty here is that there is a wealth of support within the club so you should be fine.

#1632 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

And in time, when you can help others, pass it on.

Quote: From the Legend!

#1633 5 years ago
Quoted from dnaman:

Welcome and congrats!

There is quite a lot available in the last month or so, of this thread that you can read through. There are also a couple of posts which summarize a short list of the things to look out for and suggestions to make to mitigate known issues. I have added a few of my own and included images where possible. Have a look a the gallery over the same period and you will see some interesting and helpful tips.

I'd say right away, move the Black Pearl to the right (via the menu) and get in there with some small cutters to cut out a few of the small zip ties. Be careful not to cut any wires! The harness (wiring) is way too tight in the there and you will likely (almost guaranteed) have broken wires in no time. Check out the discussions regarding mylar and protectors, if you are interested in keep the game minty fresh.

THIS!!!

#1634 5 years ago
Quoted from Charliew65:

Just a heads up im testing out some plastic protectors for mezel mods

How is this going and will there be some that are smoke colored?

#1635 5 years ago
Quoted from heni1977:

How is this going and will there be some that are smoke colored?

I would be buying smoked semi translucent gray as well. Would be badass. Game doesn’t need more bright colors or neons.

#1636 5 years ago

Ahhhh....much better.

Move over Tortuga Tom, Captain Jack Sparrow is coming aboard!

I love this mod!!!

SDTM Zach’s Bad Ass Jack Sparrow Replacement Mod for JJP POTC LE/CE

1BF0CC8D-9B8A-499F-9E1E-B11CE5BECD89 (resized).jpeg1BF0CC8D-9B8A-499F-9E1E-B11CE5BECD89 (resized).jpeg4BE796B5-5DC3-4C21-B335-B2B8A4FAACA5 (resized).jpeg4BE796B5-5DC3-4C21-B335-B2B8A4FAACA5 (resized).jpeg8AAA39FB-FC02-4D2B-9919-C606B633965F (resized).jpeg8AAA39FB-FC02-4D2B-9919-C606B633965F (resized).jpegA3260A40-A217-4DE6-9F85-86B5EF4D0A5E (resized).jpegA3260A40-A217-4DE6-9F85-86B5EF4D0A5E (resized).jpegF535B4C6-8D78-46C6-A206-7838E52EBE1B (resized).jpegF535B4C6-8D78-46C6-A206-7838E52EBE1B (resized).jpeg
#1637 5 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Movie 4: on stranger tides - shoot upper flipper inner loops
Jackpot = no idea - upper loops???
Super jackpot = not sure - map award hole???

I think this one is the toughest to get. Especially with any other MB's going

From the manual:

-Shoot inner loop for a Jackpot

-Shoot through the chest then around the inner loop for a Double Jackpot

-Shoot the right orbit and then around the inner loop for a Triple Jackpot

-If you collect all three Jackpots... shoot the inner loop again and the up-post will capture the ball and if you hit the up-post with the other ball and 'newton' the captive ball back around the inner loop you will be awarded a Super Jackpot.

#1638 5 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

Ahhhh....much better.
I love this mod!!!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Never did understand Tortuga Tom. This is awesome! Does Tortuga Tom come off or is this a new barrel top too?

#1639 5 years ago

That is great! Where can I get one?

#1640 5 years ago

How about this instead! There is enough Depp already!!!!!!!!

#1641 5 years ago
Quoted from VillaThrills:

Never did understand Tortuga Tom. This is awesome! Does Tortuga Tom come off or is this a new barrel top too?

Quoted from arcadem:

That is great! Where can I get one?

Tom is removed easily from pop with two screws.

Basically I purchased a 6 or 7 inch NECA figurine (I think it was Dead Mans Chest Series 1? with rock base). I pulled off bottom half of Jack, cleaned it up, removed pop bumper (2 screws), removed Tom (two screws), marked the holes for bottom of Jack, made small pilot holes, then screwed in Jack to barrel using same Tom screws, then put pop back on.

CAUTION: This may not hold up over time and may void your warranty so do so at your own risk.

#1642 5 years ago
Quoted from heni1977:

Oh cmon gotta have Sparrow In The Barrel!

#1643 5 years ago
Quoted from heni1977:

Looks like they have about all of the characters.

#1644 5 years ago

Any drunken pirate would be better than tortuga Tom!

Hint hint mod people...please make!

#1645 5 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

Sparrow In The Barrel

You already had enough Captain I watched your video!
I like how you opened your box too! Unfortunately I will never get to try it, as this is and will be my only new in box! Per the wife's demands, she said I was allowed one and I am sure I made the right decision on waiting. Was about to get the stern star trek le when it came out but waited. Thankfully, this pin is Fantastic and will stay in my collection for as long as I can keep it!!!

#1646 5 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

Tom is removed easily from pop with two screws.
Basically I purchased a 6 or 7 inch NECA figurine (I think it was Dead Mans Chest Series 1? with rock base). I pulled off bottom half of Jack, cleaned it up, removed pop bumper (2 screws), removed Tom (two screws), marked the holes for bottom of Jack, made small pilot holes, then screwed in Jack to barrel using same Tom screws, then put pop back on.
CAUTION: This may not hold up over time and may void your warranty so do so at your own risk.

Hey Zack. Very clever. Thanks for sharing. I 'm guessing that you used epoxy or glue to set the sword and jug into the figure's hands so they don't fly off. Assuming you have sobered up from your unboxing effort, how are you liking your POTC so far?

#1647 5 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

Ahhhh....much better.
I love this mod!!!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Thanks for the creation and sharing Zach! I ordered one for our game and looks like a simple add on. While yes we can make one for this price, detail, and Not being sued by Disney this is a very simple add on with great detail. Should have it next week and Tom will guard the coin box there after. lol Thanks.

#1648 5 years ago
Quoted from arcadem:

Hey Zack. Very clever. Thanks for sharing. I 'm guessing that you used epoxy or glue to set the sword and jug into the figure's hands so they don't fly off. Assuming you have sobered up from your unboxing effort, how are you liking your POTC so far?

Yes a little superglue worked wonders but like Yelp said May be wise to superglue the joints so that the arms stay in place. I’m loving it so far, but I still need more home-owner time to find a good strategy to tackle the journey, because I’m far from comfortable with it yet

#1649 5 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

Yes a little superglue worked wonders but like Yelp said May be wise to superglue the joints so that the arms stay in place. I’m loving it so far, but I still need more home-owner time to find a good strategy to tackle the journey, because I’m far from comfortable with it yet

What did you cut him in half with to get a clean cut?

#1650 5 years ago
Quoted from anathematize:

I think this one is the toughest to get. Especially with any other MB's going
From the manual:
-Shoot inner loop for a Jackpot
-Shoot through the chest then around the inner loop for a Double Jackpot
-Shoot the right orbit and then around the inner loop for a Triple Jackpot
-If you collect all three Jackpots... shoot the inner loop again and the up-post will capture the ball and if you hit the up-post with the other ball and 'newton' the captive ball back around the inner loop you will be awarded a Super Jackpot.

Nice, those are some cool rules! I updated my post to reflect.

I’d be impressed if someone has intentionally done this. Have any of the JJP guys done this on stream? Paging iepinball Karl, time to try some fun super jackpot goals

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 39.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Vernon, BC
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 32.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Mod Co.

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Wanted
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 19.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

24,999 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Frisco, TX
$ 35.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 28.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 100.00
Electronics
Led Pinball

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

There are 18,885 posts in this topic. You are on page 33 of 378.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-pirates-of-the-caribbean-official-owners-and-fan-club/page/33?hl=wcbu64 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.