(Topic ID: 200141)

JJP Pirates of the Caribbean Official Owners and Fan Club!

By goren1818

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 18,875 posts
  • 633 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 28 hours ago by Mrsiyufy
  • Topic is favorited by 284 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
20240330_165232 (resized).jpg
POTC_Mods_annotated (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2024-03-29 at 12.02.54 PM (resized).png
17117301082711484468150429261795 (resized).jpg
20240329_160033 (resized).jpg
431321214_1110342276953195_8816628931148154685_n (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223442061 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223435586 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240204_044856660.MP (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240203-170723 (resized).png
PXL_20240128_214506994 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240128_224833483.MP (resized).jpg
IMG_0980 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0982 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0981 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

20 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,875 posts in this topic. You are on page 339 of 378.
#16901 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballj:

I hate to say it Nick, but if you put a coil in with diodes, I could totally see the diodes themselves shorting out the mosfet again. This could happen if the Cathode of the Diode (stripe) is connected to the drive side of the connector (Tan / Red wire). If it was wired the opposite, where the anode side is to the Tan/Red wire, I would think it would be ok.
What will happen if it was backwards, is that when the mosfet is engaged, it will not have the resistance of the coil to limit the current, and just put all of the current through the diode (0.6v voltage drop though) and the mosfet.
It sounds like you already tested the mosfet by installing a new coil and it stays engaged, or if somehow the driver wire is shorted to ground somewhere.
I hope that helps, and hopefully not too confusing!
-Jeremy
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Just pissed at myself for not noticing the difference on the coil. Same part number so assumed they were identical. Not sure why it worked for 3 weeks then decided to be a problem.

In my perfect world, I will change both the left and right Mosfets again and it will also cover my machine gunning on the right flipper as well.

Appreciate the input, truly.

#16902 2 years ago
Quoted from paulbaptiste:

Just pissed at myself for not noticing the difference on the coil. Same part number so assumed they were identical. Not sure why it worked for 3 weeks then decided to be a problem.
In my perfect world, I will change both the left and right Mosfets again and it will also cover my machine gunning on the right flipper as well.
Appreciate the input, truly.

Just keep at it! I know it sucks, but will be sooooo rewarding when you get it all back in "Ship shape" condition

#16903 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballj:

Just keep at it! I know it sucks, but will be sooooo rewarding when you get it all back in "Ship shape" condition

Just replaced Q405 and Q407 and I'm back in business! Both problems fixed. No more machine gunning on the right black pearl and normal activity on the left. Went ahead and resoldered all loose connections under the playfield as well.

Now hopefully I can go a month without removing anything.

Fingers crossed!

Thanks for both your help!

#16904 2 years ago

Just replaced Q405 and Q407 and I'm back in business! Both problems fixed. No more machine gunning on the right black pearl and normal activity on the left. Went ahead and resoldered all loose connections under the playfield as well.
Now hopefully I can go a month without removing anything.
Fingers crossed!
Thanks for both your help!

Whooowhooo! Congrats, man

#16905 2 years ago
Quoted from Green-Machine:

Whooowhooo! Congrats, man

Yeah awesome job! Such a great feeling getting a game back to 100%. Now it is time for you to plunder some gold!

#16906 2 years ago

Ok, new proud owner of a Jjp potc se, it is great but the malestrom ramp is dented, is there a way to buy a new one? ( previous owner hidden the dent under a mod, not a big deal but I rather have something clean )

#16907 2 years ago

That ramp is no longer supported in the inventory by JJP. No re runs etc. Better try your luck in asking the market space for ones. Or gently try to heat it up and bend it back?

#16908 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballj:

Yeah awesome job! Such a great feeling getting a game back to 100%. Now it is time for you to plunder some gold!

Once I got the flippers working I went after a few more problem areas. Did the subway fix mod, adjusted the load cannon door, installed pinball mod co's topper flame mod. Its good to be playing again.

Hopefully the extra touches I put into the game will buy me some error free play time.

Now I need to understand scoring. I've yet to develop a strategy for the pirate lane rewards or how to effectively take advantage of the bonus ect and getting the most of modes and wizard modes. I have some reading to do. Any good strategy write ups? Looking at Tilt forums right now and learning alot.

#16909 2 years ago

Une fois que j'ai fait fonctionner les palmes, je me suis attaqué à quelques autres problèmes. Le métro a-t-il réparé le mod, ajusté la porte du canon de charge, installé le mod de flamme topper de Pinball mod co. C'est bon de rejouer.
Espérons que les touches supplémentaires que j'ai apportées au jeu me permettront de gagner du temps de jeu sans erreur.
Maintenant, je dois comprendre la notation. Je n'ai pas encore développé de stratégie pour les récompenses de la voie des pirates ou comment tirer parti efficacement des bonus et tirer le meilleur parti des modes et des modes assistants. J'ai un peu de lecture à faire. De bonnes rédactions de stratégie ? En regardant les forums Tilt en ce moment et en apprenant beaucoup.

Hi, here is the strategy I favored. I concentrate on the "super X" at the very beginning of the game and I make it evolve as much as possible during the game until I reach the "super X" x6. The goal during the missions is to validate a maximum of characters (soul) who play the role of multiplier with the super jackpots. You have the value of the multiplier displayed on the super jackpot accumulation page to the right of this one. The higher the value, the higher the shots of the wisard mode will be. What I try to do just before starting wisard mode is to put a "super X" x6 on hold, validate it and immediately engage wisard mode. If you have succeeded in building your "soul / super jackpot" mix well and you activate your "super X" and that in the process you chain good shots during the wisard mode the points are enormous !!! In general It is at this moment that the pressure rises and that I lose the ball !!! But that's what is good in this game. So to build your "soul / super jackpot" mix, it's up to you to choose the character who will give you the most multiplier point according to your shooting skills: Barbosa with the super jackpots, Norrington for souls .. Hope I helped you. This game is just huge

#16910 2 years ago

Une fois que j'ai fait fonctionner les palmes, je me suis attaqué à quelques autres problèmes. Le métro a-t-il réparé le mod, ajusté la porte du canon de charge, installé le mod de flamme topper de Pinball mod co. C'est bon de rejouer.
Espérons que les touches supplémentaires que j'ai apportées au jeu me permettront de gagner du temps de jeu sans erreur.
Maintenant, je dois comprendre la notation. Je n'ai pas encore développé de stratégie pour les récompenses de la voie des pirates ou comment tirer parti efficacement des bonus et tirer le meilleur parti des modes et des modes assistants. J'ai un peu de lecture à faire. De bonnes rédactions de stratégie ? En regardant les forums Tilt en ce moment et en apprenant beaucoup.

Hi, here is the strategy I favored. I concentrate on the "super X" at the very beginning of the game and I make it evolve as much as possible during the game until I reach the "super X" x6. The goal during the missions is to validate a maximum of characters (soul) who play the role of multiplier with the super jackpots. You have the value of the multiplier displayed on the super jackpot accumulation page to the right of this one. The higher the value, the higher the shots of the wisard mode will be. What I try to do just before starting wisard mode is to put a "super X" x6 on hold, validate it and immediately engage wisard mode. If you have succeeded in building your "soul / super jackpot" mix well and you activate your "super X" and that in the process you chain good shots during the wisard mode the points are enormous !!! In general It is at this moment that the pressure rises and that I lose the ball !!! But that's what is good in this game. So to build your "soul / super jackpot" mix, it's up to you to choose the character who will give you the most multiplier point according to your shooting skills: Barbosa with the super jackpots, Norrington for souls ....Hope I helped you. This game is just huge

#16911 2 years ago

Now I need to understand scoring. I've yet to develop a strategy for the pirate lane rewards or how to effectively take advantage of the bonus ect and getting the most of modes and wizard modes. ...

Watch Karl DeAngelo's POTC gameplay videos. He is a master at strategy and scoring.

And his flipper skills are pretty good too!

#16912 2 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

Watch Karl DeAngelo's POTC gameplay videos. He is a master at strategy and scoring.
And his flipper skills are pretty good too!

The only problem with these is Karl makes it look too easy. Most mere mortals can't execute what he does. But it does give some great ideas and imparts knowledge!

#16913 2 years ago

Which character do you choose and why?

I typically go random.

#16914 2 years ago
Quoted from Mrsiyufy:

I typically go random.

I've started playing with Tia Dalma in the beginning. I use her to get to wizard modes as you can pick which movie to play chapters from.
Also use Bootstrap Bill as he makes the Deadmans chest multiball much easier.
Was using James Norrington as he makes finishing chapters much easier
As of last night I played with Weatherby Swann and had the greatest score yet. He allows you to keep the multiballs going even if you drop down to one ball.

Check out tiltforums.com write up on the characters. There may be something more up to date, but that is what I've been reading lately

#16915 2 years ago
Quoted from Mrsiyufy:

I typically go random.

I like a lot of them, but I like trying to advance through chapters so the ones I tend to play most often are:
- Norrington - easier chapter shots
- Jack - chapter shots for the character you're playing as are automatically spotted, and he's in just about every chapter. Plus he gives better Mystery award chances.
- Angelica - Spots one male character per chapter and a skull hold for each ball.

#16916 2 years ago

As of last night I played with Weatherby Swann and had the greatest score yet. He allows you to keep the multiballs going even if you drop down to one ball.

I think this trait is only in the Beta code?

#16917 2 years ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

I think this trait is only in the Beta code?

Yep. Unless you're playing multiplayer and don't want to be plundered, Weatherby Swann is pretty much worthless under the current game code.

#16918 2 years ago
Quoted from AMSNL:

That ramp is no longer supported in the inventory by JJP. No re runs etc. Better try your luck in asking the market space for ones.

I was affraid so.

#16919 2 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:Yep. Unless you're playing multiplayer and don't want to be plundered, Weatherby Swann is pretty much worthless under the current game code.

So when the hell is this code going to be released ? Clearly there are some significant differences

#16920 2 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

So when the hell is this code going to be released ?

Good question. I'd at least like to have the beta version that various streamers have been playing with for some time now.

#16921 2 years ago

Having an issue with my spinning character pop bumper mod that has me stumped. I installed this in my SE about 6 months ago and it's been working perfectly until now. In gameplay, it seems like the motor is very weak, causing the character to just twitch instead of spinning most of the time. Enough hits will eventually get him spinning, but even then he seems to be spinning slower than normal.

I've run him in the coil test a few times and he seems to be functioning normally there. I can't replicate the issue in test mode. I've taken the assembly apart and checked the motor. Everything seems fine there. The motor isn't heating up and it spins hard in test mode. The barrel seems to be firmly tightened onto the motor shaft. I reseated the connectors under the playfield too. Still, when I go back into gameplay, he barely moves. Has anyone encountered this? I'm hoping it's not a pcb issue.

#16922 2 years ago
Quoted from Betelgeuse:

Avoir un problème avec mon pare-chocs pop de personnage en rotation qui me laisse perplexe. Je l'ai installé dans mon SE il y a environ 6 mois et il fonctionne parfaitement jusqu'à présent. Dans le jeu, il semble que le moteur soit très faible, ce qui fait que le personnage se contracte au lieu de tourner la plupart du temps. Assez de coups finiront par le faire tourner, mais même alors, il semble tourner plus lentement que la normale.
Je l'ai testé plusieurs fois dans le test de la bobine et il semble y fonctionner normalement. Je ne peux pas reproduire le problème en mode test. J'ai démonté l'ensemble et vérifié le moteur. Tout semble bien là-bas. Le moteur ne chauffe pas et tourne fort en mode test. Le canon semble être fermement serré sur l'arbre du moteur. J'ai également réinstallé les connecteurs sous le plateau. Pourtant, quand je retourne dans le gameplay, il bouge à peine. Quelqu'un a-t-il rencontré cela ? J'espère que ce n'est pas un problème de PCB.

Did you try to reverse the feeds? Plug in the barrel one under the ramp to see if it works?

#16923 2 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

Good question. I'd at least like to have the beta version that various streamers have been playing with for some time now.

Exactly. I’ve asked numerous times and since the Beta program has strict guidelines, I’ve not wanted to get anybody in trouble. The Google groups where previous code used to be released seems all but shut down

#16924 2 years ago
Quoted from Stef95:

Did you try to reverse the feeds? Plug in the barrel one under the ramp to see if it works?

Good thinking. That may help narrow it down. Will give it a try and report back.

#16925 2 years ago
Quoted from Stef95:

Ok, so confirmed the motor is still gimped in gameplay when connected to the hookup for the upper spinning barrel. That seems to rule out any issues up stream. Even though it seems to be working fine in test, I am going to try to replace the motor and see if that fixes it. Unless anyone else has any other suggestions?

#16926 2 years ago
Quoted from Betelgeuse:

Ok, donc confirmé que le moteur est toujours guipé dans le gameplay lorsqu'il est connecté au branchement pour le baril de rotation supérieur. Cela semble exclure tout problème en amont. Même si cela semble bien fonctionner dans le test, je vais essayer de remplacer le moteur et voir si cela le résout. A moins que quelqu'un d'autre n'ait d'autres suggestions ?

It's already that !! I unplugged my power supply on the barrel because the ramp rubs against it. I tried everything but impossible !! I don't know if this works for you?

#16927 2 years ago

I'm trying to access the rubber that is around the post behind the chapter select standups and just to the right of the chest. I cannot for the life of me work out how to easily get at this without completely removing the Chest and the ship in their entirety (which doesn't seem right to change a perishable component like a rubber). Can someone let me know what's the easiest way to get at this rubber and change it. Perhaps I'm missing something.

#16928 2 years ago
Quoted from Stef95:

It's already that !! I unplugged my power supply on the barrel because the ramp rubs against it. I tried everything but impossible !! I don't know if this works for you?

Sorry, I don't have an issue with anything rubbing or obstructing the spinning barrel. It worked fine for many months and then just recently the motor started getting weak. I did originally have trouble with the character being too tall to clear the playfield glass, but Scott sent me a revised motor mount bracket that had a slightly lower profile which resolved that issue on my game.

#16929 2 years ago
Quoted from DarthSinex:

I'm trying to access the rubber that is around the post behind the chapter select standups and just to the right of the chest. I cannot for the life of me work out how to easily get at this without completely removing the Chest and the ship in their entirety (which doesn't seem right to change a perishable component like a rubber). Can someone let me know what's the easiest way to get at this rubber and change it. Perhaps I'm missing something.

I was only able to change this rubber ring when I had the Black Pearl removed to install the cliffy protectors. I haven't personally heard of an easier way. When it first started wearing at the post on the left of the starmap entrance, I was able to reach in there well enough to spin the rubber ring around and prolong it's life, but that's about it.

#16930 2 years ago
Quoted from Betelgeuse:

Ok, so confirmed the motor is still gimped in gameplay when connected to the hookup for the upper spinning barrel. That seems to rule out any issues up stream. Even though it seems to be working fine in test, I am going to try to replace the motor and see if that fixes it. Unless anyone else has any other suggestions?

Ok completely reaching here but a few suggestions from memory. The spinning barrel is activated by the pop ring contact which in game play is momentary vs in switch test. Have you cleaned the contacts on the pop or tried moving them closer together slightly to hold the power longer? Also, as thats a rather large spinning weight (figure) is it fairly balance towards the center. If it is front heavy the motor may have trouble (like a tilt-a-whirl) to spin it 360. Just a few things to possibly try. Good luck.

#16931 2 years ago

The ULTIMATE Pirates of the Caribbean mod showed up today and it's even more limited than Lior's mods! Probably not quite as desired though.

They gave me a ton of these so everybody's going to be getting these for Christmas, birthdays...probably even strangers on the street that I run into.

PXL_20210625_024348858 (resized).jpgPXL_20210625_024348858 (resized).jpg
#16932 2 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

The ULTIMATE Pirates of the Caribbean mod showed up today and it's even more limited than Lior's mods! Probably not quite as desired though.
They gave me a ton of these so everybody's going to be getting these for Christmas, birthdays...probably even strangers on the street that I run into.[quoted image]

I’m in for a CE

#16933 2 years ago
Quoted from Mrsiyufy:

I’m in for a CE

$10k before Christmas...and I'll even sign it for you.

#16934 2 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

$10k before Christmas...and I'll even sign it for you.

For 10k there better not be any chipping or pooling

#16935 2 years ago
Quoted from DarthSinex:

I had to take the ship off, but not the chest.

#16936 2 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Ok completely reaching here but a few suggestions from memory. The spinning barrel is activated by the pop ring contact which in game play is momentary vs in switch test. Have you cleaned the contacts on the pop or tried moving them closer together slightly to hold the power longer? Also, as thats a rather large spinning weight (figure) is it fairly balance towards the center. If it is front heavy the motor may have trouble (like a tilt-a-whirl) to spin it 360. Just a few things to possibly try. Good luck.

Thanks, but the pop worked great for 6 months before this. I tried moving the connector to the hookup for the other spinning pop and was still getting the same issue. It also was sluggish in Tortuga multiball where it *should* spin no matter what. I replaced the motor and now it's working again! I could tell as soon as I tried it in test that it was spinning harder than the old motor. It could be that these heavier NECA figures wear these motors out faster than normal, or maybe mine was just defective and finally kicked the bucket.

Thanks to all who offered suggestions!

#16937 2 years ago
Quoted from Betelgeuse:

Thanks, but the pop worked great for 6 months before this. I tried moving the connector to the hookup for the other spinning pop and was still getting the same issue. It also was sluggish in Tortuga multiball where it *should* spin no matter what. I replaced the motor and now it's working again! I could tell as soon as I tried it in test that it was spinning harder than the old motor. It could be that these heavier NECA figures wear these motors out faster than normal, or maybe mine was just defective and finally kicked the bucket.
Thanks to all who offered suggestions!

Can you please tell me where you found the replacement motor ?

#16938 2 years ago
Quoted from Mrsiyufy:

Can you please tell me where you found the replacement motor ?

I just looked up the model number printed on the side of the motor and found one on eBay. I'm not sure if there may be a better source.

#16939 2 years ago

went to fire up the ol' POTC and getting this message and it is not booting up. Haven't had any issues or indicators prior to this. Any thoughts? Thanks in advance.

IMG_4240 (resized).jpgIMG_4240 (resized).jpg
#16940 2 years ago
Quoted from Jamwin:

went to fire up the ol' POTC and getting this message and it is not booting up. Haven't had any issues or indicators prior to this. Any thoughts? Thanks in advance.
[quoted image]

Aah that’s a bummer. You should be able to fix it by downloading the .99 full install code from the JJP site and re-imaging the machine

Download it quick before JJP takes the code down!

#16941 2 years ago
Quoted from Jamwin:

Any thoughts?

I'd try a Full Install of .99. If that doesn't do it, maybe your hard drive is the issue. Then I'd replace it and do the Full Install again.

LTG : )

#16942 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

I'd try a Full Install of .99. If that doesn't do it, maybe your hard drive is the issue. Then I'd replace it and do the Full Install again.
LTG : )

That worked! Thanks Lloyd! You da man!

#16943 2 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Aah that’s a bummer. You should be able to fix it by downloading the .99 full install code from the JJP site and re-imaging the machine
Download it quick before JJP takes the code down!

Thanks! .99 install worked! fist bump.

1 week later
#16944 2 years ago

Hey guys, just got an SE. It came with a spare pf. PF in the game is good and debating selling the spare separately. What are they going for now? Does JJP still have them in stock?

#16945 2 years ago
Quoted from dung:

Hey guys, just got an SE. It came with a spare pf. PF in the game is good and debating selling the spare separately. What are they going for now? Does JJP still have them in stock?

Not sure the cost, and I don't believe they are in stock. If you are planning on hanging on to the game I'd hold on to it, pooling issues seem to pop up on these playfields. I'll be buying a new one shortly just to have for mine since it won't be leaving.

#16946 2 years ago
Quoted from dung:

They aren't available to buy and they were $1000 when you could. I bought a spare playfield for my SE and I'm holding on to it, but if you wanted to sell yours, I would imagine you could get well over that currently.

#16947 2 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

They aren't available to buy and they were $1000 when you could. I bought a spare playfield for my SE and I'm holding on to it, but if you wanted to sell yours, I would imagine you could get well over that currently.

There was a playfield on the market for $1500 for six months it never sold

#16948 2 years ago
Quoted from Green-Machine:

There was a playfield on the market for $1500 for six months it never sold

Right, I also know jjp did a good job giving a new playfield due to chipping/pooling. They sent me a new one within the last year and covered it under warranty. I’m not sure how much demand there is for one with the limited made and the fact they covered any issues

#16949 2 years ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

Right, I also know jjp did a good job giving a new playfield due to chipping/pooling. They sent me a new one within the last year and covered it under warranty. I’m not sure how much demand there is for one with the limited made and the fact they covered any issues

I wonder if I could get in on one. I've had my game folded up while we renovated our house, and just noticed some chipping around the left sling. really sucks! I'm going to reach out to JJP

#16950 2 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

I wonder if I could get in on one. I've had my game folded up while we renovated our house, and just noticed some chipping around the left sling. really sucks! I'm going to reach out to JJP

Might as well ask. I didn’t think I would get one being the second owner but they did it

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 8.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Vernon, BC
$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 38.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 38.00
$ 19.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

29,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Frisco, TX
$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 41.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Wanted
$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 32.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Mod Co.

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 18,875 posts in this topic. You are on page 339 of 378.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-pirates-of-the-caribbean-official-owners-and-fan-club/page/339 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.