(Topic ID: 200141)

JJP Pirates of the Caribbean Official Owners and Fan Club!

By goren1818

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 18,885 posts
  • 633 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 33 hours ago by Buzzie
  • Topic is favorited by 284 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pirates2 (resized).jpg
IMG_2296 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2297 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2298 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2299 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2301 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2300 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
20240330_165232 (resized).jpg
POTC_Mods_annotated (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2024-03-29 at 12.02.54 PM (resized).png
17117301082711484468150429261795 (resized).jpg
20240329_160033 (resized).jpg
431321214_1110342276953195_8816628931148154685_n (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223442061 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223435586 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

20 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,885 posts in this topic. You are on page 337 of 378.
#16801 2 years ago
Quoted from paulbaptiste:

I know everyone in the group was losing sleep wondering If I'd be successful or not. Happy to report we are up and running. Soldered and removed more than necessary but 4 transistors later we are playing again
Truly, thanks for everyone's help. I've had a restless and disgruntled couple days. Look forward to sleeping well tonight.
Appreciate the support!

ABBFF060-8DEA-4874-936D-8408194AC738.gifABBFF060-8DEA-4874-936D-8408194AC738.gif
That’s fabulous!!

#16802 2 years ago

I know everyone in the group was losing sleep wondering If I'd be successful or not. Happy to report we are up and running. Soldered and removed more than necessary but 4 transistors later we are playing again
Truly, thanks for everyone's help. I've had a restless and disgruntled couple days. Look forward to sleeping well tonight.
Appreciate the support!

Great job on the fix, well solved!

#16803 2 years ago

Awesomeness!

#16804 2 years ago

Spoke too soon. Flippers are working fine but not a single chapter select switch or load chest target. That whole line is down.

57-63

Need some guidance again!

16203531082544246658150587514756 (resized).jpg16203531082544246658150587514756 (resized).jpg

Edit: the connector on J201 is incredibly tight and the wife noticed all of those switches were on that bottom wire/pin. I think that pin has been bent which caused the problem. We reseated the connector a few times and its currently working. Im thinking that bottom pin is the culprit.

#16805 2 years ago

Spoke too soon. Flippers are working fine but not a single chapter select switch or load chest target. That whole line is down.
57-63
[quoted image]
Edit: the connector on J201 is incredibly tight and the wife noticed all of those switches were on that bottom wire/pin. I think that pin has been bent which caused the problem. We reseated the connector a few times and its currently working. Im thinking that bottom pin is the culprit.

Plus one for fixing it again, plus 5 for your WIFE figuring that out. Well done team effort!!

#16806 2 years ago

57-63
[quoted image]

You have a wife that fixes pins? You are the luckiest man in the world!

#16807 2 years ago
Quoted from fossmin:

You have a wife that fixes pins? You are the luckiest man in the world!

I know right!!

#16808 2 years ago

Putting my Backup playfield to good use. Arduino, addressable leds and some cardboard. Gonna light this thing up!

FAC652F1-096D-4BBE-85AC-CE131181004E (resized).jpegFAC652F1-096D-4BBE-85AC-CE131181004E (resized).jpeg
#16809 2 years ago

This thing came out amazing!! So fun to just stare at.

It goes through about 8 different modes

18BD6692-6A66-4CF8-89FC-F485B580D387 (resized).jpeg18BD6692-6A66-4CF8-89FC-F485B580D387 (resized).jpegC533A578-343F-47C5-A76D-DDA556D6B5C8 (resized).jpegC533A578-343F-47C5-A76D-DDA556D6B5C8 (resized).jpegFA7E1FB1-2A8C-4ADC-B7C0-61C9EE3CBAB9.gifFA7E1FB1-2A8C-4ADC-B7C0-61C9EE3CBAB9.gifFB177A07-67BC-47AF-B434-0CA37A471004.jpegFB177A07-67BC-47AF-B434-0CA37A471004.jpeg
#16810 2 years ago
Quoted from Soulrider911:

It goes through about 8 different modes[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Thats awesome! Would love to do the same at some point. Wll done!

#16811 2 years ago

It goes through about 8 different modes[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Looks pretty cool. How did you accomplish covering the massive spinning disk hole?

#16812 2 years ago

LOTR_breath good eye! I printed on some photo paper and trimmed it to fit

#16813 2 years ago

I've been having problem with the cannon load gate on the black pearl. It doesn't open completely to let a ball through. When I hit the gate with a ball it rises up temporarily, but then comes right back down. I've looked through the trouble shooting guide and tried some of the fixes mentioned but no luck so far. I do know that the bar that lifts the gate swings left to right (not centered) and could be easily getting caught up on something but see not way to lock that in place. I tightened the screw underneath the coil but the metal plate will still swivel left and right. I've also bent that "tongue" that connects to the spring both up and down. It'll work for a few games and then the problem comes right back.

Appreciate any help you can provide.

#16814 2 years ago

I've been having problem with the cannon load gate on the black pearl. It doesn't open completely to let a ball through. When I hit the gate with a ball it rises up temporarily, but then comes right back down. I've looked through the trouble shooting guide and tried some of the fixes mentioned but no luck so far. I do know that the bar that lifts the gate swings left to right (not centered) and could be easily getting caught up on something but see not way to lock that in place. I tightened the screw underneath the coil but the metal plate will still swivel left and right. I've also bent that "tongue" that connects to the spring both up and down. It'll work for a few games and then the problem comes right back.

Appreciate any help you can provide.

Don't know if you tried this, but usually this is a problem with the targets in the starmap magnet area on the main playfield. You can go into switch test and bang on the playfield near the starmap to see if you are getting any phantom switch closures. If any of the switches on the main playfield close while you are on the pearl with the cannon gate open, that gate will close.

#16815 2 years ago
Quoted from Betelgeuse:

Don't know if you tried this, but usually this is a problem with the targets in the starmap magnet area on the main playfield. You can go into switch test and bang on the playfield near the starmap to see if you are getting any phantom switch closures. If any of the switches on the main playfield close while you are on the pearl with the cannon gate open, that gate will close.

You my sir, may be a genius! The right sling switch in the chapter select needs adjusted (keeps adding 10 points) as it registers from the flipper vibration. Hadn't fixed it yet as I didn't want to remove the black pearl for the 7th time in 3 days, but I will have to. Is there a better way or easier way to get to those slings in the chapter select area? It looks like I need to remove the ship again to get to it.

Thanks for pointing that out! Should have thought of that myself!

#16816 2 years ago

You my sir, may be a genius! The right sling switch in the chapter select needs adjusted (keeps adding 10 points) as it registers from the flipper vibration. Hadn't fixed it yet as I didn't want to remove the black pearl for the 7th time in 3 days, but I will have to. Is there a better way or easier way to get to those slings in the chapter select area? It looks like I need to remove the ship again to get to it.
Thanks for pointing that out! Should have thought of that myself!

You should be able to adjust that from the bottom of the playfield. I swear I have. A leaf switch adjustment tool really helps.

#16817 2 years ago
Quoted from BC_Gambit:

You should be able to adjust that from the bottom of the playfield. I swear I have. A leaf switch adjustment tool really helps.

I didnt think that was possible how busy it is down there, but I will give it a shot. Thanks!!

#16818 2 years ago

I didnt think that was possible how busy it is down there, but I will give it a shot. Thanks!!

Congrats on tracking down the problem! Can confirm I have adjusted those slings and targets from underneath the playfield, but yes, it is a bit like a game of Operation(tm) with some finger crossing.

#16819 2 years ago

well full nerd fest over here decided to add a disk into my wall art to pay homage to the prototype.

3D printed a custom disk and clear inserts
64244458140__0846C5B7-E538-4414-A0E1-F04C2783CC3D.HEIC (resized).jpeg64244458140__0846C5B7-E538-4414-A0E1-F04C2783CC3D.HEIC (resized).jpeg

Then made a decal and cut holes for the inserts
IMG_4749.HEIC (resized).jpegIMG_4749.HEIC (resized).jpeg

Bingo!
64245802740__559F0806-8B43-4143-BFF1-A5B4A635C78E.HEIC (resized).jpeg64245802740__559F0806-8B43-4143-BFF1-A5B4A635C78E.HEIC (resized).jpeg

Looks mo betta!
disk (resized).pngdisk (resized).png

#16820 2 years ago

well full nerd fest over here decided to add a disk into my wall art to pay homage to the prototype.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
Bingo!
[quoted image]
Looks mo betta!
[quoted image]

Selling a led kit? I’d buy. Great work!

#16821 2 years ago

Hi, going to collect a Potc standard edition I just put down a deposit for, what are the specific item should I check before agreeing the pick up? ( I own a lot of pinball including a woz, so what am looking for is the specificities for a Potc?

#16822 2 years ago
Quoted from etien:

Hi, going to collect a Potc standard edition I just put down a deposit for, what are the specific item should I check before agreeing the pick up? ( I own a lot of pinball including a woz, so what am looking for is the specificities for a Potc?

Pooling or chipping around sling posts. Ship rocking, disc spinning. Can’t think of much else.

#16823 2 years ago
Quoted from etien:

Take the glass off, go into the switch test menu and check by hand that each switch in the game registers. Make sure all targets and switches register on the Black Pearl mini playfield. Check that there are no issues with any flippers that they don't stick and they flip the way they should. Check also that the chest ball lock mechanism is working correctly with the fork coming up and balls locking in the chest.

Read through the common issues in the maintenance forum here and see if any of these issues are happening in the machine you're picking up. Here's a link:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjpirates-of-the-caribbean-troubleshooting-tips-issues#post-4933792

#16824 2 years ago
Quoted from etien:

It's POTC. You take it and run! I wouldn't reject it unless it's just completely trashed.

If things need fixing, the game is well documented and the community support is strong.

#16825 2 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

It's POTC. You take it and run! I wouldn't reject it unless it's just completely trashed.
If things need fixing, the game is well documented and the community support is strong.

Essentially this, unless the playfield is just completely wrecked with chipping.

#16826 2 years ago

[quoted image]
[quoted image]
Bingo!
[quoted image]
Looks mo betta!
[quoted image]

Wow...that's cool. This would be a highlight besides the chest opener i installed yesterday. Would you provide the STL file?
Greetings
Roland

#16827 2 years ago

So, wasted way too much yesterday looking at Mandalorian. Looks like a Stern and probably fun to play.

That said, I have concluded, in my extremely humble opinion, that PotC may be the high water mark for pinball. At least for the foreseeable future.

If it had a few movie clips with the actors, I don't see how it could even be debated.

#16828 2 years ago
Quoted from Dan1733:

So, wasted way too much yesterday looking at Mandalorian. Looks like a Stern and probably fun to play.
That said, I have concluded, in my extremely humble opinion, that PotC may be the high water mark for pinball. At least for the foreseeable future.
If it had a few movie clips with the actors, I don't see how it could even be debated.

I concur. I looked at the videos last night and I'm just not interested. Whatever JJP does next though, I'm all in.
I'm new to POTC ownership so haven't owned it long enough to really know the code yet or notice it's incomplete, but aesthetically this game is simply on another level. I'm still working out the bugs in mine but feel incredibly grateful to own one.

#16829 2 years ago

I concur. I looked at the videos last night and I'm just not interested. Whatever JJP does next though, I'm all in.
I'm new to POTC ownership so haven't owned it long enough to really know the code yet or notice it's incomplete, but aesthetically this game is simply on another level. I'm still working out the bugs in mine but feel incredibly grateful to own one.

Not sure how much more code PocT really needs.

Listen to the Dwight interview, for example, and try to get excited about Mando. When asked about code, he gushed about Mando's three multipliers, and when you get all three you get 5x playfield. Cause that's what we want the most. Is to stack playfield multipliers. Other thing he mentioned was "impossible mode." Because that what most home buyers want. A setting that takes an inherently difficult game and shortens your ball time to 15 seconds.

Pirates, with its 5 multiballs, chapters, etc., is fantastically coded even if it never gets an update or a final wizard mode.

#16830 2 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

C'est POTC . Prenez-le et courez! Je ne le rejetterais pas à moins qu'il ne soit complètement détruit.
Si les choses doivent être réparées, le jeu est bien documenté et le soutien de la communauté est fort.

I confirm .. I have had the pinball machine for almost 4 months and the more I play the more I am amazed. Take it you won't regret it.

#16831 2 years ago
Quoted from Rocanich:

Wow...that's cool. This would be a highlight besides the chest opener I installed yesterday. Would you provide the STL file?
Greetings
Roland

Her ya go its up on Thingiverse
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4857037

#16832 2 years ago

Hobbit code update just dropped; enables internet connectivity (wired and wireless with wi-fi adapter), bluetooth, and Scorbit. I want to believe this means Pirates might get updated eventually, but I'm not holding my breath.

#16833 2 years ago
Quoted from arzoo:

Hobbit code update just dropped; enables internet connectivity (wired and wireless with wi-fi adapter), bluetooth, and Scorbit. I want to believe this means Pirates might get updated eventually, but I'm not holding my breath!

It's coming. I take it as a promising sign that day is getting near us....

#16834 2 years ago

I am an original Pirates owner. Was in from the beginning and love the game now more than ever! This Hobbit code update is the largest and loudest middle finger yet to all of us who bought this machine from Jersey Jack. I have accepted that there may never be an update and I wish it didn’t annoy me but it still does. Honestly I could do without break the curse mode but at least put in a fix that allows you to replay chapters once you complete all the wizard modes. I do have games that good from time to time but once there are no more chapters/wizard modes left I lose interest just playing for score. Rant over....back to being my usual positive self

#16835 2 years ago
Quoted from arzoo:

Hobbit code update just dropped; enables internet connectivity (wired and wireless with wi-fi adapter), bluetooth, and Scorbit. I want to believe this means Pirates might get updated eventually, but I'm not holding my breath!

Someone is paying for this (Scorebit?) so I expect the entire JJP catalog will support WiFi/Scorebit in the near future.

#16836 2 years ago

Thx everyone for your answers

#16837 2 years ago
Quoted from fnosm:

Someone is paying for this (Scorebit?) so I expect the entire JJP catalog will support WiFi/Scorebit in the near future.

Yes, that's their plans. Pirates will probably be the last one with the wifi, Scorbit,and Bluetooth updates. Beta testers were already testing the wifi. It is coming ... eventually.

#16838 2 years ago

All JJP games will get the update, don't worry!

#16839 2 years ago

I just hope it’s a good update along with the wifi/scorbit

It would stink if it just add the wifi, Scorbit,and Bluetooth updates

#16840 2 years ago

WiFi is pointless for POTC if the next update is the last.

#16841 2 years ago
Quoted from skyrex:

Honestly I could do without break the curse mode but at least put in a fix that allows you to replay chapters once you complete all the wizard modes. I do have games that good from time to time but once there are no more chapters/wizard modes left I lose interest just playing for score.

No more chapters or wizard modes to complete? what do you mean?

#16842 2 years ago
Quoted from MarZ_78:

No more chapters or wizard modes to complete? what do you mean?

Once you finish the chapters for the wizard mode for each of the 5, then the wizard mode itself, there is nothing to shoot for those particular chapter/wizard mode. That leaves shooting for points

#16843 2 years ago

Once you do all the chapters and the wizard modes unlike a normal pin where everything starts over at the beginning with the current code you just play for score. You don’t get to start over until the game ends which means no more cut scenes/missions to work on. You can still activate multi-balls but the chapters/wizard modes are over. Nothing left to activate.

#16844 2 years ago

I start again when I want

IMG_20210516_222906 (resized).jpgIMG_20210516_222906 (resized).jpg
#16845 2 years ago
Quoted from Stef95:

I start again when I want
[quoted image]

You have a whole bunch of nice mods! Would love to have some of those

#16846 2 years ago
Quoted from Green-Machine:

Vous avez tout un tas de mods sympas! J'adorerais en avoir

Thank you, this pinball deserves it.

#16847 2 years ago
Quoted from Green-Machine:

You have a whole bunch of nice mods! Would love to have some of those

Can't they still b ordered from lior?

#16848 2 years ago

Anyone put pinstadiums on their potc? I have neo and trying to decide what to put them on. This is my first set of Neo’s so not sure what to put it on

#16849 2 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Can't they still b ordered from lior?

Pretty sure all but the HMS mod are still avail. Check LittleShopOfGames.

#16850 2 years ago

Hi everyone,
I will be getting a Pirates LE. Does anyone have recommended items to purchase to have on hand? Where can I find the cliffy protector set? Any other advice?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Wanted
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

24,999 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Frisco, TX
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Vernon, BC
Machine - For Sale
Smithtown, NY
$ 45.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 19.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 18,885 posts in this topic. You are on page 337 of 378.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-pirates-of-the-caribbean-official-owners-and-fan-club/page/337 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.