(Topic ID: 200141)

JJP Pirates of the Caribbean Official Owners and Fan Club!

By goren1818

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 18,885 posts
  • 633 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 43 hours ago by Buzzie
  • Topic is favorited by 284 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pirates2 (resized).jpg
IMG_2296 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2297 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2298 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2299 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2301 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2300 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
20240330_165232 (resized).jpg
POTC_Mods_annotated (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2024-03-29 at 12.02.54 PM (resized).png
17117301082711484468150429261795 (resized).jpg
20240329_160033 (resized).jpg
431321214_1110342276953195_8816628931148154685_n (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223442061 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223435586 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

20 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,885 posts in this topic. You are on page 335 of 378.
#16701 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballslave:

When I get a high score recently the photo displayed is one the game took a while ago... the same dozy photo of me when I wasn't pulling the most stupid pirate face I could muster... is this a known issue?

If you pull too crazy a face, like turn your head sideways or anything that doesn't recognize a face, it will post a picture that it took earlier in the game when you have that blank look on your face.

#16702 3 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

If you pull too crazy a face, like turn your head sideways or anything that doesn't recognize a face, it will post a picture that it took earlier in the game when you have that blank look on your face.

Ok, but to be honest, I'm no gurning expert, and I was certainly facing the camera... Next time I'll try to be more neutral and see it helps.

#16703 3 years ago

Ok, but to be honest, I'm no gurning expert, and I was certainly facing the camera... Next time I'll try to be more neutral and see it helps.

have you been in test mode of camera sensor?

#16704 3 years ago
Quoted from Thot:

have you been in test mode of camera sensor?

No. Are you recommending I do that, or suggesting that if I had, then it could explain the problem?

#16705 3 years ago

I didn’t share here with pinside down but I got my replacement playfield last week!

56C94ED5-D831-4921-88CE-B4868B921424 (resized).jpeg56C94ED5-D831-4921-88CE-B4868B921424 (resized).jpeg
#16706 3 years ago
Quoted from Happy81724:I didn’t share here with pinside down but I got my replacement playfield last week!
[quoted image]

Let us all with new playfields see a step by step playfield swap.

#16707 3 years ago
Quoted from Green-Machine:

Let us all with new playfields see a step by step playfield swap.

Already did it. Took about 20 min but I didn’t take a video, sorry

#16708 3 years ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

Lol!!

#16709 3 years ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

This was a bare playfield?

#16710 3 years ago

This was a bare playfield?

Yes, but I was joking about swapping. Like most, it will go with the pin if we ever sell or it’s nice to have a back up just in case. My buddy would swap it for me if I wanted but my other is covered with cliffys on the chips so I’ll leave it.

#16711 3 years ago

It's really good to see JJP standing behind their product. I think POTC would actually be a fairly easy playfield swap. I've had a good portion of the playfield stripped down just from installing mods and doing repairs under the Black Pearl. The light boards under the playfield have thier disadvantages, but would sure be a lot easier to swap than individual lamp sockets like on older games.

#16712 3 years ago

Hello everyone, I found this screw and looked but I don't know where it goes !! Can someone help me ?

IMG_20210413_192659.jpgIMG_20210413_192659.jpgIMG_20210413_192704.jpgIMG_20210413_192704.jpg
#16713 3 years ago
Quoted from Stef95:

Hello everyone, I found this screw and looked but I don't know where it goes !! Can someone help me ?
[quoted image][quoted image]

Check the flipper coil stops.

#16714 3 years ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

Yes, but I was joking about swapping. Like most, it will go with the pin if we ever sell or it’s nice to have a back up just in case.

I thought you were joking, just checking So how come you got a replacement playfield by the way? It sounds like the one in the game isn't too bad...

#16715 3 years ago

I thought you were joking, just checking So how come you got a replacement playfield by the way? It sounds like the one in the game isn't too bad...

Had chipping around the posts and mystery shot. Cliffys covered it all but if a cliffy didn’t exist it would look bad

#16716 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Vérifiez les butées de la bobine de batteur.

Thank you it was that of the top beater spool

#16717 3 years ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

Had chipping around the posts and mystery shot. Cliffys covered it all but if a cliffy didn’t exist it would look bad

Sorry to drag this out, I'm guessing it's been discussed before... but the chipping around the mystery shot, was that seen as a flaw in your particular playfield, or is this a generic issue which we'd all expect to see after 'x' games? And was the playfield you got given under warranty?

#16718 3 years ago

Sorry to drag this out, I'm guessing it's been discussed before... but the chipping around the mystery shot, was that seen as a flaw in your particular playfield, or is this a generic issue which we'd all expect to see after 'x' games? And was the playfield you got given under warranty?

Most of the chipping and bubbling is in areas where a posts or lane guides are attached to the playfield. It’s seems there is a large group with this issue, me included. Mine actually was not very bad but I took precautions as soon as I noticed it. I put silicone rings under everything.

I sent pictures of the the issues to jjp and I received an unpopulated playfield under warranty.

#16719 3 years ago

When is the knocker used for this game? Only when grand champ?

#16720 3 years ago

Hey PotC owners! I had a long-standing request to make my 3D Coin Reject Buttons for PotC but hadn't gotten to it until now ... so here they are!

PotC_1_RCP (resized).jpgPotC_1_RCP (resized).jpg

While I initially planned to only do the bones in white, someone asked me to make them in black too -- so I have both here to show. Technically I could make the bones any color you want (red might look cool?), so I guess that's up to you. The button itself can be your choice of translucent color (red, orange, yellow, green, blue, clear/white). I print these buttons with a programmed filament change so the bones are permanently fused to the button.

PotC_2_RCP (resized).jpgPotC_2_RCP (resized).jpg

Contact me through my website, https://rocketcitypinball.com, or visit my shop here on Pinside:
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1282-rocket-city-pinball/05010-3d-coin-reject-buttons-pirates-of-the-caribbean-stern-jjp

Added over 3 years ago:

Sorry about the link! Try this one:
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1282-rocket-city-pinball/05045-3d-coin-reject-buttons-pirates-of-the-caribbean-stern-jjp

#16721 2 years ago

I guys, I’ve finally (after 7 weeks) got to play my pirates LE. It was delivered damaged. I’ve made a few adjustments to the game, chest and other things. got it running pretty good but just wanna ask a couple of maintenance issue questions.
- first one, while playing multi ball if two balls are sunk down into the subway at the same time or similar time the second ball won’t kick up from the depths and stays in the plastic subway. anyone had this issue? how to fix? Whiteout having to tilt the game.
- also that The lock door on the Canon shot lifts once when ready to load but goes back down after being knocked and stays down for the rest the time, unable to load the Canon? I can’t work it out?
- final one is the Tortuga shot always returns the ball straight down the middle (80%). I think that’s a simple adjust but... thanks for your advice and help guys.
I look forward to playing a error free game
Many thanks.

#16722 2 years ago
Quoted from Nato01:

I guys, I’ve finally (after 7 weeks) got to play my pirates LE. It was delivered damaged. I’ve made a few adjustments to the game, chest and other things. got it running pretty good but just wanna ask a couple of maintenance issue questions.
- first one, while playing multi ball if two balls are sunk down into the subway at the same time or similar time the second ball won’t kick up from the depths and stays in the plastic subway. anyone had this issue? how to fix? Whiteout having to tilt the game.
- also that The lock door on the Canon shot lifts once when ready to load but goes back down after being knocked and stays down for the rest the time, unable to load the Canon? I can’t work it out?
- final one is the Tortuga shot always returns the ball straight down the middle (80%). I think that’s a simple adjust but... thanks for your advice and help guys.
Many thanks.

1) The depths kickout can have trouble with multiple balls in it. I don't think there's any great way to adjust it other than playing with changing the power of it in settings to see if it helps.

2) When a switch somewhere on the lower playfield is activated then the canon door closes because the machine thinks the ball is back down on the lower playfield. Check to see if a switch on the lower playfield is being activate by vibration.

3) Here's a link to a good post describing how to get at the deflector to adjust it:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjpirates-of-the-caribbean-troubleshooting-tips-issues#post-4934930

#16723 2 years ago
Quoted from Nato01:

Many thanks.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-pirates-of-the-caribbean-official-owners-and-fan-club/page/57#post-4779525

#16724 2 years ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

1) The depths kickout can have trouble with multiple balls in it. I don't think there's any great way to adjust it other than playing with changing the power of it in settings to see if it helps.
2) When a switch somewhere on the lower playfield is activated then the canon door closes because the machine thinks the ball is back down on the lower playfield. Check to see if a switch on the lower playfield is being activate by vibration.
3) Here's a link to a good post describing how to get at the deflector to adjust it:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjpirates-of-the-caribbean-troubleshooting-tips-issues#post-4934930

Thanks heaps for your reply mate! Much appreciated.

#16726 2 years ago

Here's a fairly cheap/easy way to make the topper a little more fun. I was tired of the bright light pollution from the factory light on the ceiling/walls, so I just got a cheap 6ft led RGB strip online, cut it down to fit under the topper & tied it into an open 12v spot in backbox.

#16727 2 years ago

Can anyone explain the BP cannon shot to me? I'm trying to understand if the BP is always in the same position when shooting, or if it's actively moving back and forth during the shooting. I'm currently working on some possible alterations that I am detailing on FB and need to better understand how/when the ball will get launched. When testing it manually I need to set the BP in one of its 3 default positions and I only seem to be able to make the shot in 1 of those 3 positions. I need to understand what happens during actual gameplay. Thanks!

#16728 2 years ago
Quoted from BozoTheClown:

Can anyone explain the BP cannon shot to me? I'm trying to understand if the BP is always in the same position when shooting, or if it's actively moving back and forth during the shooting. I'm currently working on some possible alterations that I am detailing on FB and need to better understand how/when the ball will get launched. When testing it manually I need to set the BP in one of its 3 default positions and I only seem to be able to make the shot in 1 of those 3 positions. I need to understand what happens during actual gameplay. Thanks!

Mine moves, and I need to time the shot to be in the middle of it's range to successfully hit the shot.

#16729 2 years ago
Quoted from ArcadeBar:

Here's a fairly cheap/easy way to make the topper a little more fun. I was tired of the bright light pollution from the factory light on the ceiling/walls, so I just got a cheap 6ft led RGB strip online, cut it down to fit under the topper & tied it into an open 12v spot in backbox.

Looks great!

#16730 2 years ago

As soon as the ship tilts down to the left fire.. I hit the hole everytime. Not fully sure what your are referring to

#16731 2 years ago
Quoted from palmab03:

Mine moves, and I need to time the shot to be in the middle of it's range to successfully hit the shot.

Quoted from Green-Machine:

As soon as the ship tilts down to the left fire.. I hit the hole everytime. Not fully sure what your are referring to

Thank you both for confirming that the ship is moving during the cannon shot. That's exactly what I needed to make sure of. Appreciate it!

#16732 2 years ago

Thank you both for confirming that the ship is moving during the cannon shot. That's exactly what I needed to make sure of. Appreciate it!

The ship should always be moving when playing a game. If it is not, there is an issue.

#16733 2 years ago

Hello, can you tell me if I need to remove the original wires to install the Electric Motor from the Rotary Jack please? (attached photo)

IMG_20210429_092727 (resized).jpgIMG_20210429_092727 (resized).jpg
#16734 2 years ago
Quoted from Stef95:

Hello, can you tell me if I need to remove the original wires to install the Electric Motor from the Rotary Jack please? (attached photo)
[quoted image]

Yes. I would clip them lower down by the plug under the PF tho, in case you want to restore the light someday.

#16735 2 years ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

Oui. Je les couperais plus bas par la prise sous le PF tho, au cas où vous voudriez restaurer la lumière un jour.

Merci

#16736 2 years ago

Hello, I received my cliffy kit. I have dismantled a good part of the board but I really do not see where the number 1,2,3 and especially 4 parts go !! If anyone could help me that would be cool

IMG_20210501_125540 (resized).jpgIMG_20210501_125540 (resized).jpg
#16737 2 years ago
Quoted from Stef95:

Hello, I received my cliffy kit. I have dismantled a good part of the board but I really do not see where the number 1,2,3 and especially 4 parts go !! If anyone could help me that would be cool
[quoted image]

Search for the pirates' pictures on Cliffy's website here: http://www.passionforpinball.com/wip.htm

#16738 2 years ago

I could have thought about it .. Thank you

#16739 2 years ago
Quoted from Stef95:

[quoted image]

1 - The Depths. I had to remove this one though, due to balls misfiring into the I drain.
2 - Back of the Map Hole on top of the map hole Cliffy.
3 - Front edge of the Black Pearl
4 - Under the apron (shooter trough)

#16740 2 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

1 - Les profondeurs. J'ai dû enlever celui-ci cependant, en raison de balles ratées dans le drain.
2 - Arrière du trou de la carte au-dessus du trou de la carte Cliffy.
3 - Bord avant du Black Pearl
4 - Sous le tablier (auge du tireur)

The depths This is the only one that I will not have installed (I go there very rarely so it's great) it's cool to take everything apart and equip it as much as playing it. I love this flipp. I think that in a little while I will fall for a gun's

#16741 2 years ago

We just joined the club. Can't wait to get home and play it.

20210501_121245 (resized).jpg20210501_121245 (resized).jpg
#16742 2 years ago
Quoted from paulbaptiste:

We just joined the club. Can't wait to get home and play it.
[quoted image]

Congrats!! Hope you found a good deal. These prices are ridiculous

#16743 2 years ago

Hello, I bought the lighted window for the pearl but I do not know where to connect the power !! The similar plugs that I have nearby are in 1 the power plug of the pearl motor (I tried that does not work) in 2 the supply of the coils of the chest fork (I imagine that not) in 3 the power supply of the coil which returns the ball in the pearl (I imagine that it is not there either) then there are the power supplies in 4 and 5 of the rotary motors (which I will connect) and around the identical plugs with yellow wire. Do you have an idea ?

IMG_20210502_192847 (resized).jpgIMG_20210502_192847 (resized).jpgIMG_20210502_192950_edit_15917330965799 (resized).jpgIMG_20210502_192950_edit_15917330965799 (resized).jpgIMG_20210502_193413 (resized).jpgIMG_20210502_193413 (resized).jpgIMG_20210502_193539 (resized).jpgIMG_20210502_193539 (resized).jpg
#16744 2 years ago
Quoted from Stef95:

Hello, I bought the lighted window for the pearl but I do not know where to connect the power !! The similar plugs that I have nearby are in 1 the power plug of the pearl motor (I tried that does not work) in 2 the supply of the coils of the chest fork (I imagine that not) in 3 the power supply of the coil which returns the ball in the pearl (I imagine that it is not there either) then there are the power supplies in 4 and 5 of the rotary motors (which I will connect) and around the identical plugs with yellow wire. Do you have an idea ?
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

The one that goes to the spot lights on the ship.

#16745 2 years ago
Quoted from Mrsiyufy:

Celui qui va aux projecteurs sur le navire.

#16746 2 years ago
Quoted from Mrsiyufy:

Celui qui va aux projecteurs sur le navire.

Thank you

#16747 2 years ago

Hello, I am installing the rotary jack kit and I have a problem with the barrel under the pearl ramp. This one touches the barrel. Has anyone had this problem because I would like to run it with the rotary motor. Thank you

Screenshot_20210503_140608 (resized).jpgScreenshot_20210503_140608 (resized).jpg
#16748 2 years ago
Quoted from Stef95:

Hello, I am installing the rotary jack kit and I have a problem with the barrel under the pearl ramp. This one touches the barrel. Has anyone had this problem because I would like to run it with the rotary motor. Thank you
[quoted image]

I’m having the same issue. Even having modified the motor mount so the barrel doesn’t rest on the screws I just didn’t get enough (although it did make it so my Jack clears the glass) clearance so mine is still unplugged too.

If you look at the last page I posted a couple pix of the mod I did on the mount and Rdoyle1978 posted a pic of a rubber he put on the tortuga scoop and I think the combination of those would work but I’m not in love with the stress the rubber puts on the ramp...

#16749 2 years ago
Quoted from Stef95:

I have a problem

Looking at your picture. Your whole ramp is too low. The left side should be level or a tiny bit above the ship playfield. The right side a little lower so balls roll off and down.

Most likely the screw on the right corner that squishes the rubber grommet down for adjustment needs to be unscrewed/raised.

LTG : )

#16750 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Regarde ta photo. Toute votre rampe est trop basse. Le côté gauche doit être de niveau ou un tout petit peu au-dessus du terrain de jeu du navire. Le côté droit un peu plus bas pour que les balles roulent et descendent.
Très probablement, la vis dans le coin droit qui écrase le passe-fil en caoutchouc pour le réglage doit être dévissée / soulevée.
LTG

Well, I have to look for history not to disturb you for nothing but the I do not see. There are only three screws that hold the handrail. In 1 and 2 and in 3 at the top right. The only solution I could find C is that maybe there is a shim or a rubber between the screw holder 4 and the rod 5? Is this the adjustment screw you are telling me about? Otherwise screws 1 and 2 must be tightened normally I imagine. Is unscrewing rod 5 part of the adjustment to raise the ramp a little? When I tighten 1 and 2 and hold the ramp manually to be in the right position, I have 5mm of margin between 4 and 5.

IMG_20210503_210438 (resized).jpgIMG_20210503_210438 (resized).jpgScreenshot_20210503_210115 (resized).jpgScreenshot_20210503_210115 (resized).jpg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 41.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Mod Co.

Machine - For Sale
Smithtown, NY
$ 45.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Wanted
$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 19.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 49.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Vernon, BC
$ 32.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Mod Co.

There are 18,885 posts in this topic. You are on page 335 of 378.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-pirates-of-the-caribbean-official-owners-and-fan-club/page/335 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.