(Topic ID: 200141)

JJP Pirates of the Caribbean Official Owners and Fan Club!

By goren1818

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 18,885 posts
  • 633 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by Buzzie
  • Topic is favorited by 284 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pirates2 (resized).jpg
IMG_2296 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2297 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2298 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2299 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2301 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2300 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
20240330_165232 (resized).jpg
POTC_Mods_annotated (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2024-03-29 at 12.02.54 PM (resized).png
17117301082711484468150429261795 (resized).jpg
20240329_160033 (resized).jpg
431321214_1110342276953195_8816628931148154685_n (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223442061 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223435586 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

20 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,885 posts in this topic. You are on page 334 of 378.
#16651 3 years ago

I would like to have a 60 million jackpot on potc lol

#16652 3 years ago
Quoted from Stef95:

I would like to have a 60 million jackpot on potc lol

This

#16653 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Wrong thread

whoops. thought i allready deleted it. it is now. thx

#16654 3 years ago

Hey has anyone else installed the spinning pops mod? The video shows the pop lights already removed but on my game they’re still here and there are 4 wires running up... do I just clip em or are they daisy chained so they’ll need to be re- attached together? I know the lighting situation on this game is complex so I don’t want to just start snipping.... image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg

#16655 3 years ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

Hey has anyone else installed the spinning pops mod? The video shows the pop lights already removed but on my game they’re still here and there are 4 wires running up... do I just clip em or are they daisy chained so they’ll need to be re- attached together? I know the lighting situation on this game is complex so I don’t want to just start snipping....

Yes, the LEDs plug into a pcb under the playfield and can be removed. Just clip the wires and remove the LEDs with the wires attached. Then follow the wires under the playfield to where they plug into the pcb via a molex type connector. Unplug the molex connector from that pcb and remove the connector with the wires attached.

#16656 3 years ago
Quoted from Betelgeuse:

Yes, the LEDs plug into a pcb under the playfield and can be removed. Just clip the wires and remove the LEDs with the wires attached. Then follow the wires under the playfield to where they plug into the pcb via a molex type connector. Unplug the molex connector from that pcb and remove the connector with the wires attached.

Thanks dude.

#16657 3 years ago

Making progress!
0310BB4A-0758-4D50-B763-CD5B114034A9 (resized).jpeg0310BB4A-0758-4D50-B763-CD5B114034A9 (resized).jpeg

#16658 3 years ago

Betelgeuse hey so since you seem to be the guy with the answers... the rear pop is much too tall to spin without hitting the bottom of the ramp. Is there some install trick I’m missing? I’ve tried it every which way, made sure it was all seated down flat and the whole works but no matter what it’s still too tall even with the ramp attached high on the adjuster (which wouldn’t work well for gameplay anyways).

Edit - looking at pictures of an LE it looks like this barrel is just much taller than an original. Anyone with an LE want to be a good matey and grab me a measurement?

#16659 3 years ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

Betelgeuse hey so since you seem to be the guy with the answers... the rear pop is much too tall to spin without hitting the bottom of the ramp. Is there some install trick I’m missing? I’ve tried it every which way, made sure it was all seated down flat and the whole works but no matter what it’s still too tall even with the ramp attached high on the adjuster (which wouldn’t work well for gameplay anyways).
Edit - looking at pictures of an LE it looks like this barrel is just much taller than an original. Anyone with an LE want to be a good matey and grab me a measurement?

I had problems with the stock pop-cap hitting the underside of the metal rails (right where it connects to the plastic ramp). Rubbed some of the paint off, which I had to touch-up. I added a thick rubber piece on the Tortuga kick-out plate to lift the ramp just enough to clear the rear bumper cap. I measure that cap to be one inch tall.
20210321_110939 (resized).jpg20210321_110939 (resized).jpg

#16660 3 years ago

I'll also say that the spinning rear pop cap is totally pointless imo. I'm sure during the design phase it seemed really cool, but with the ramps above and everything else going on, you can barely see it. I literally never notice it spinning. In fact, I didn't even realize it was spinning until months after I owned my pirates and removed the BP for service lol!

#16661 3 years ago
Quoted from arzoo:

I'll also say that the spinning rear pop cap is totally pointless imo. I'm sure during the design phase it seemed really cool, but with the ramps above and everything else going on, you can barely see it. I literally never notice it spinning. In fact, I didn't even realize it was spinning until months after I owned my pirates and removed the BP for service lol!

Agree and if I could go back in time a day I’d probably skip it but I’ve cut the old lighting out and so come hell or high water I’m gonna get the spinner in or die trying.

#16662 3 years ago
Quoted from arzoo:

Most likely they intended it to be more visible, but something changed; the ramp moved or one of the mechs didn't fit. Sort of curious why they didn't just remove it and lower the overall cost, but maybe it was too late.

#16663 3 years ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

I actually had this problem with my front spinning pop, where I couldn't get the character to clear the glass no matter what I did. Scott ended up sending me a different motor mount plastic that had a slightly lower profile. That gave me the wiggle room I needed. I can't say for sure, but if you've got the barrel seated all the way down on the motor shaft and the motor mount is screwed down tight, there's not much more you can do.

#16664 3 years ago
Quoted from Betelgeuse:

I actually had this problem with my front spinning pop, where I couldn't get the character to clear the glass no matter what I did. Scott ended up sending me a different motor mount plastic that had a slightly lower profile. That gave me the wiggle room I needed. I can't say for sure, but if you've got the barrel seated all the way down on the motor shaft and the motor mount is screwed down tight, there's not much more you can do.

I had the same issue, and I ended up modifying the mount just a little bit and using the original pop cap screws and made just a little more space so Jack is officially in and working!!

I don’t know if this will work on the back one but I’m gonna try!DD775890-A794-49CD-BDED-2DA786608CC6 (resized).jpegDD775890-A794-49CD-BDED-2DA786608CC6 (resized).jpeg16FB87F9-4EBD-434A-903C-65FD1C9EFA7E (resized).jpeg16FB87F9-4EBD-434A-903C-65FD1C9EFA7E (resized).jpeg

#16665 3 years ago
Quoted from arzoo:

I had problems with the stock pop-cap hitting the underside of the metal rails (right where it connects to the plastic ramp). Rubbed some of the paint off, which I had to touch-up. I added a thick rubber piece on the Tortuga kick-out plate to lift the ramp just enough to clear the rear bumper cap. I measure that cap to be one inch tall.
[quoted image]

So I think the combination of @rdoyle1978’s spacer solution and the lower profile mount as suggested by Betelgeuse will get me there, I’ll let you guys know how it all comes out. Thanks for the help.

#16666 3 years ago
Quoted from Stef95:

moi je suis juste heureux de l avoir et merci à ses concepteurs d avoir fait un flipper hors du commun.

moi aussi en plus il prend de la valeur ^^

#16667 3 years ago

Just listened to the Final Round Pinball Podcast interview with Eric M. At 27:00 he discusses another run of POTC and although it seems like he would like to do it, he listed multiple reasons/hurdles which would imply it's not going to happen.

#16668 3 years ago
Quoted from arzoo:

Just listened to the Final Round Pinball Podcast interview with Eric M. At 27:00 he discusses another run of POTC and although it seems like he would like to do it, he listed multiple reasons/hurdles which would imply it's not going to happen.

Very hopeful they get that code out though.

#16669 3 years ago
Quoted from arzoo:

Do you have a link to the podcast?

#16671 3 years ago

Well I guess for sure the one thing I got out of this podcast is that JJP will be sticking with standard body for some time to come.

I took down my CE ad, I can't part with my POTC even if I was offered 35 k for it, its too fun and awesome. I would be very very sad if it left.

#16672 3 years ago

Great interview with Eric, cool to hear him talk about POTC. Hopefully going forward with new titles wide body games will still be an option.

#16673 3 years ago
Quoted from arzoo:

Just listened, really seems like it’s not happened. My SE is now 20k lol. Just kidding, I’m not selling it

#16674 3 years ago

Hello everyone, I have a quick question. If I understood correctly when choosing a character the software selects 5 random chapters out of 25 per film? I just wanted to know if this was the case because I played 30 or so games with Katrina and found that the missions were often the same. I then took Barbosa and the missions were different. Am I so lucky to have different missions with one character rather than another? I hope to have been clear. Thanks for your feedback.

#16675 3 years ago

I think there is a slight bias toward chapters that have your character in it. Might be wrong

#16676 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I'd make sure the audio jack is well seated in the motherboard. Also potentially replace the ground loop filter with another one.

Thanks man I tried that and replaced the ground loop filter but was still having issues. Some on here suggested earlier that it could be the headphone jack, so I disconnected the black thick wire that goes into the mother board in the back box at the bottom right hand area, and its better. So now that the headphone jack isnt operating .. anyone have a permanent fix to this?
Thanks

#16677 3 years ago

Is there supposed to be a post or something under the British ship? There is a hole there and looks like something might of been there at one time

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#16678 3 years ago

C-134 of the manual shows playfield posts. couldnt get the picture to copy for some reason

#16679 3 years ago

Anyone know if you can restore high scores and setting from a different machine? Or are they coded to a game? I have an April fools prank in the works.

#16680 3 years ago
Quoted from paynemic:

Anyone know if you can restore high scores and setting from a different machine? Or are they coded to a game? I have an April fools prank in the works.

Yes. Save settings on one game. Factory rest on other game. ( you might want to back their settings up so to that later they don't kill you ) Restore settings on other game.

LTG : )

#16681 3 years ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

Is there supposed to be a post or something under the British ship? There is a hole there and looks like something might of been there at one time
[quoted image]

Here’s a pic of mine.

1B3BDD6E-E788-48BF-9C96-D165E2D78C85 (resized).jpeg1B3BDD6E-E788-48BF-9C96-D165E2D78C85 (resized).jpeg
#16682 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Yes. Save settings on one game. Factory rest on other game. ( you might want to back their settings up so to that later they don't kill you ) Restore settings on other game.

Thanks LTG!! So the factory reset is mandatory? I did back then up first to keep him from killing me for real...

But I tried to just restore the settings and it couldn’t find the file. I was thinking we might be on different versions of the software. Is that possible?

#16683 3 years ago
Quoted from paynemic:

But I tried to just restore the settings and it couldn’t find the file. I was thinking we might be on different versions of the software. Is that possible?

No. You messed something up.

#16684 3 years ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

Here’s a pic of mine.
[quoted image]

Thank you, thank you! I’ll look up the part number and order one

#16685 3 years ago

So he (the victim) is on 0.98. I’m on 0.99. I’ve done backups and restores on my machine many times. I verified the drive and backup are working on my machine. When I take it to his, it doesn’t find the file at all. I’m going to go try again. Thinking about updating his code but it’s taking too long to download.

#16686 3 years ago

Hi all, just wanted to post about something I’m pretty proud to have thought of. I saw the bag end gate mod in hobbit and it made me think about the sdtm from the star map (mode select) shot. So, if you ever get cheap drains when the post drops, check this mod out. It’s been 100% for me and a friend so far. Of course nothing will be, but it’s much improved!!

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1305-trumpanche-mods/04977-gate-at-world-s-end-mod-for-jjp-potc

#16687 3 years ago
Quoted from paynemic:

Hi all, just wanted to post about something I’m pretty proud to have thought of. I saw the bag end gate mod in hobbit and it made me think about the sdtm from the star map (mode select) shot. So, if you ever get cheap drains when the post drops, check this mod out. It’s been 100% for me and a friend so far. Of course nothing will be, but it’s much improved!!
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1305-trumpanche-mods/04977-gate-at-world-s-end-mod-for-jjp-potc

Mike didn’t just have the idea, he also did all of the initial prototyping, play testing, video, photography, and patient patient explaining to make this Gate a reality... so if you like it, don’t forget to thank him!

#16688 3 years ago
Quoted from Travahontas:

Mike didn’t just have the idea, he also did all of the initial prototyping, play testing, video, photography, and patient patient explaining to make this Gate a reality... so if you like it, don’t forget to thank him!

Thanks Mike !

#16689 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:Thanks Mike !

If LTG needs one, it’s on me!

#16690 3 years ago

Hi guys, I just received my second hand pirates LE yesterday and set it up. We were so excited to play it but noticed the black pearl wasn’t rocking aside to side but almost back to back ( 11 o’clock to 5 o’clock) and turned it off. The whole Mech was so loose and I found that the back bracket seems to have snapped in transit! what’s my best options to get this fixed? Call JJP for the part? And would that just be it or something else in the Mech could be damaged? Thanks for any help/guidance.

F7DFF63E-6181-4139-AC42-A7A6DD514227 (resized).jpegF7DFF63E-6181-4139-AC42-A7A6DD514227 (resized).jpeg
#16691 3 years ago
Quoted from Nato01:

Hi guys, I just received my second hand pirates LE yesterday and set it up. We were so excited to play it but noticed the black pearl wasn’t rocking aside to side but almost back to back ( 11 o’clock to 5 o’clock) and turned it off. The whole Mech was so loose and I found that the back bracket seems to have snapped in transit! what’s my best options to get this fixed? Call JJP for the part? And would that just be it or something else in the Mech could be damaged? Thanks for any help/guidance.
[quoted image]

It might not be broken at all, it may just need to be reseated. Consult the manual so you understand how the mounts work, then remove that hex nut and see if you can reseat it.

#16692 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

It might not be broken at all, it may just need to be reseated. Consult the manual so you understand how the mounts work, then remove that hex nut and see if you can reseat it.

it’s definitely snapped in half. It was just late and didn’t have time to disassemble it. Thanks for the reply mate.

#16693 3 years ago
Quoted from Nato01:

it’s definitely snapped in half. It was just late and didn’t have time to disassemble it. Thanks for the reply mate.

Ah sorry man. Hopefully you can order a part and get the Pearl out of drydock soon!

#16694 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Ah sorry man. Hopefully you can order a part and get the Pearl out of drydock soon!

Yeah!!! Thanks here’s hoping! We were so pumped to rip into it! That’s pinball.

1 week later
#16695 3 years ago

When I get a high score recently the photo displayed is one the game took a while ago... the same dozy photo of me when I wasn't pulling the most stupid pirate face I could muster... is this a known issue?

#16696 3 years ago

If for some reason the game doesnt think it has a good picture of you it will pull a picture from a previous game I think

#16697 3 years ago
Quoted from GnarLee:

If for some reason the game doesnt think it has a good picture of you it will pull a picture from a previous game I think

Hmmmm, not sure that's the case here, but could be I guess... the reason I think that's not what's happening is that I saw plenty of pics of my pulling stupid faces, and for the last 3 or 4 times I set a new score it would show the same dozy photo from before I knew what was going on... so if it IS doing what you suggest, then it's gigging way back in it's memory to pull this particular photo up... if it was doing what you suggest, then surely it would pull up the last good photo, and not one from ages ago, no? Is it possible to see the photo's associated with the high scores?

#16698 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballslave:

Hmmmm, not sure that's the case here, but could be I guess... the reason I think that's not what's happening is that I saw plenty of pics of my pulling stupid faces, and for the last 3 or 4 times I set a new score it would show the same dozy photo from before I knew what was going on... so if it IS doing what you suggest, then it's gigging way back in it's memory to pull this particular photo up... if it was doing what you suggest, then surely it would pull up the last good photo, and not one from ages ago, no? Is it possible to see the photo's associated with the high scores?

I'm just making sure here ... are the high scores that you are receiving recently the "High score of the day"? If so, then it might not the highest scores since the last high score reset, which could have been years ago.

#16699 3 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

are the high scores that you are receiving recently the "High score of the day"? If so, then it might not the highest scores since the last high score reset, which could have been years ago.

I'm not sure I fully follow, I also didn't know there was a 'high score of the day'... I actually don't play the game very often, maybe once a week, and then maybe 3 or 4 games... every time I play I only notice being able to put my initials in when I beat the high score of the character I'm playing... which normally means I don't get my initials in at all... if there was a 'high score of the day', then wouldn't this mean that I'd get to put my initials in on at least every 1st game I have on that day? How does the high score of the day work?

#16700 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballslave:

I'm not sure I fully follow, I also didn't know there was a 'high score of the day'... I actually don't play the game very often, maybe once a week, and then maybe 3 or 4 games... every time I play I only notice being able to put my initials in when I beat the high score of the character I'm playing... which normally means I don't get my initials in at all... if there was a 'high score of the day', then wouldn't this mean that I'd get to put my initials in on at least every 1st game I have on that day? How does the high score of the day work?

High score for the day has 8 (or 4?) levels that get reset daily - I think at whatever time that you activate them. There is a threshold that you can set to not record it as a high score if below some value in settings. Note that you can turn off the high score of the day also. If it is for home use, it can be annoying but is kinda cool for parties with friends to turn it on.

Each character has a high score that may or may not be in the top 8 highest scores on the pin.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
$ 24.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Mod Co.

24,999 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Frisco, TX
$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Machine - For Sale
Smithtown, NY
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 45.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 24.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 38.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 35.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 26.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Vernon, BC
There are 18,885 posts in this topic. You are on page 334 of 378.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-pirates-of-the-caribbean-official-owners-and-fan-club/page/334?hl=eaglepin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.