(Topic ID: 200141)

JJP Pirates of the Caribbean Official Owners and Fan Club!

By goren1818

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 18,810 posts
  • 633 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 15 days ago by insight75
  • Topic is favorited by 284 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

431321214_1110342276953195_8816628931148154685_n (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223442061 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223435586 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240204_044856660.MP (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240203-170723 (resized).png
PXL_20240128_214506994 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240128_224833483.MP (resized).jpg
IMG_0980 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0982 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0981 (resized).jpeg
download (resized).jpg
IMG_6275 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6274 (resized).jpeg
8b9srv (resized).jpg
20231211_131402 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

20 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,810 posts in this topic. You are on page 333 of 377.
#16601 3 years ago
Quoted from Mrsiyufy:

I’m going to get bashed for this one, but I prefer the LE/SE art to the CE art, but the CE topper is pretty cool wish someone made a topper to replace my LE.

I didn't want Davy Jones on my play field. The topper makes it worth it and now that I know better, I'd rather have a CE, but I like the LE aesthetics better (other than the topper).

#16602 3 years ago

Thanks to Robert Stone, I now have a rare POTC LE “Gold Vein” edition What an improvement over the factory plain black hardware, I’m loving this new look!

2F49BFD9-94B0-4076-BA25-AF48426E0EC2 (resized).jpeg2F49BFD9-94B0-4076-BA25-AF48426E0EC2 (resized).jpeg40082477-B5A3-4654-9A33-68CB42393E6A (resized).jpeg40082477-B5A3-4654-9A33-68CB42393E6A (resized).jpegB6F9A98A-8FEB-4691-A632-788741099D85 (resized).jpegB6F9A98A-8FEB-4691-A632-788741099D85 (resized).jpegBCF1BE03-B951-434D-B663-323D8E8BA6AD (resized).jpegBCF1BE03-B951-434D-B663-323D8E8BA6AD (resized).jpeg

0C63E636-76E1-4141-A293-435107AC7083 (resized).jpeg0C63E636-76E1-4141-A293-435107AC7083 (resized).jpeg
#16603 3 years ago

The result is great !!

#16604 3 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

I'm just posting these pictures here for harryhoudini so he could see them and I guess for anyone else if they had any insight. I had this figure and sent it to harry to mount on his spinning pop bumper mod. He made the mod for me and said he tested it in his game and that it had clearance. I tried installing it and the hands hit the playfield glass so it doesn't clear. I would try lowering the hands, but he had epoxied them in position when he made the mod for me. Just wondering if I am doing something wrong? I watched the installation video and I am almost sure the figure is pushed all the way down on the motor spindle. I'm hoping there is something else I am missing. Any help appreciated. Thanks!
[quoted image][quoted image]

Just wanted to follow up on this for the benefit of others for anyone else who might have this figure. I was able to heat up his arms and move them down slightly and re-expoxy. Figure fits great now and works like a charm.

PXL_20210304_003850325 (resized).jpgPXL_20210304_003850325 (resized).jpg
#16605 3 years ago
Quoted from darkryder:

Thanks to Robert Stone, I now have a rare POTC LE “Gold Vein” edition What an improvement over the factory plain black hardware, I’m loving this new look!

Nice! I've been considering this for my POTC.

Did you purchase a separate set of legs, rails etc. or do the orig black ones now go to Robert for his next customer?

Also - not a coin door powder coating fan?

#16606 3 years ago
Quoted from darkryder:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]
[quoted image]

Nice, how much?

#16607 3 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

Nice! I've been considering this for my POTC.
Did you purchase a separate set of legs, rails etc. or do the orig black ones now go to Robert for his next customer?
Also - not a coin door powder coating fan?

Yes, you purchase everything from him up front and then ship him your original parts, less the rails. That reminds me...I have packing to do! The coin door is overkill to me, I’ll leave it black

#16608 3 years ago
Quoted from Betelgeuse:

Has anyone tried using a projector instead of LED strips? A friend of mine has a small projector that creates a moving water effect on the wall. I've often thought about trying to put something like that projecting on the floor under Pirates, but I haven't messed with anything yet.

I did that. Looks cool but keeps falling off of the bottom of the cabinet every couple of weeks. I used super duty Velcro ... I might need to use a more direct attachment. I wanted it easy to remove for my pin lift cart to move it around.

#16609 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Cant find the post only a basic post but someone in the thread used one of those $10 motion Amazon water projectors under their game and I always thought it looked incredible for this title. Much better in my opinion then simple LED lights. They posted a video just can't find it.
[quoted image]

That's me (see above post)

#16610 3 years ago

Has anyone installed the spinning Jack Sparrow on their SE? I’d like to see it in action.

Also is it just pinballmods.co who makes this or does someone else make one?

#16611 3 years ago
Quoted from RobbyIRL5:

I didn't want Davy Jones on my play field. The topper makes it worth it and now that I know better, I'd rather have a CE, but I like the LE aesthetics better (other than the topper).

Keep an eye out for Lior's (The Art of Pinball) Pirates topper in the next year or so. His plans for it are great.

#16612 3 years ago

Man that gold powder coat is nice. Well done.

Now for the coin door!!

#16613 3 years ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

Has anyone installed the spinning Jack Sparrow on their SE? I’d like to see it in action.

Also is it just pinballmods.co who makes this or does someone else make one?

I have him installed on mine. These are only available from pinballmods, AFAIK, but that should be all you'll ever need. You can order the individual pieces from their website, if you don't want the full kit. The working connectors are still there under the playfield from the factory, so they spin the same as on the LE.

pirates2 (resized).jpgpirates2 (resized).jpg

#16614 3 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

I did that. Looks cool but keeps falling off of the bottom of the cabinet every couple of weeks. I used super duty Velcro ... I might need to use a more direct attachment. I wanted it easy to remove for my pin lift cart to move it around.

I’d like to do this. Can you post links or pics?

Also, how’d you power this?

#16615 3 years ago
Quoted from paynemic:

Sure, I will gather the info up this weekend and post it.

#16616 3 years ago

EHOH has now had THREE times the number of updates that POTC has. #WheresTheCode

#16617 3 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

EHOH has now had THREE times the number of updates that POTC has. #WheresTheCode

It’s a Lyman thing. His games start out sparse but he updates them forever. I wouldn’t be surprised if Stern announced an AC/DC or a Metallica update, lol.

#16618 3 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

EHOH is an in production game vs one that didn’t sell well and they moved on from it.

#16619 3 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

I think it's safe to say that every modern day pin has had more updates than POTC!

#16620 3 years ago
Quoted from Mrsiyufy:

EHOH is an in production game vs one that didn’t sell well and they moved on from it.

Modern day WOF

#16621 3 years ago

Sorry to be so late to the party on this issue, but...

What is missing from the code that would make this game a more pleasurable experience for 99% of the owners?

#16622 3 years ago
Quoted from Dan1733:

What is missing from the code that would make this game a more pleasurable experience for 99% of the owners?

There's no final wizard mode in the game right now. You can never Break the Curse. That ensures there's at least one major update coming.

Also, the mini-wizard modes are kind of sparsely done. I would hope there's some better stuff visually and in guiding the player what to do.

But this is no WoF. It has miles more code and polish than that ever had.

#16623 3 years ago
Quoted from Dan1733:

Even aside from the final mode, there are fixes & tweaking to do. They've mentioned in the past they'll have a code adjustment to help recognize loop shots that are sometimes missed by optos, there's a bug that can kill the game in Liar's Dice, there are placeholder animations for some wizard modes, and there are character changes that were listed by JJP in this forum in I think May 2019 that have been in beta code for quite awhile now. And it would be nice to add a good shaker effect when you sink the target ship. There's also a separate thread where people have listed ideas for fixes here:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/potc-code-change-game-play-requests-#post-4999608

So there are definitely changes that could & should be done in addition to the final mode. There have been three code updates since shipping and one of those was an update released the day after the first one to fix a crash bug, so really there have been 2 true code updates. The most recent update was released in April 2019. Last communication I saw by the designer (on one of his gameplay streams last year) he said they won't release any code until the final wizard mode is done, which is just a really crappy way to treat customers who bought this game since it's pretty apparent the final mode is way, Way, WAY down on their list of priorities.

#16624 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

There's no final wizard mode in the game right now. You can never Break the Curse. That ensures there's at least one major update coming.
Also, the mini-wizard modes are kind of sparsely done. I would hope there's some better stuff visually and in guiding the player what to do.
But this is no WoF. It has miles more code and polish than that ever had.

Just not done, is all I meant. Modern day KISS pre-2017?

There are also some bugs - AND ball search is broken

#16625 3 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Just not done, is all I meant. Modern day KISS pre-2017?
There are also some bugs - AND ball search is broken

Yeah, not done, for sure, but nowhere close to the unfinished level of WoF or even the box of lights Batman '66 was for the first 18 months.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#16626 3 years ago

I just want a ball save for the SDTMs from the star map.

#16627 3 years ago

I feel like the right orbit shot you get tons of cheap hits on (like dropping off the pirate ship) could be done better.

#16628 3 years ago

hope this is for a hudge monster update from hell!

#16629 3 years ago
Quoted from paynemic:

Here is a pic of the device. The heavy duty velco holds for a couple of weeks but still falls. I have to come up with another idea to hold it up that I can also remove easily. It plugs directly into an outlet, has a remote, but doesn't hold memory of what light pattern it was previously on. For the most part I only use it when I have a pinball party. I could plug it into a Powertail II that has a relay in it that you can splice or Y into the topper power to turn on automatically. I think Powertail II devices are not being made anymore, but there are other similar devices on Amazon.

Here is the link for the water wave light projector that I bought 2 years ago (not currently available, but Amazon will show you similar products):
https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B06XKJ2YMB/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00

20210312_193539 (resized).jpg20210312_193539 (resized).jpg
#16630 3 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

Here is a pic of the device. The heavy duty velco holds for a couple of weeks but still falls. I have to come up with another idea to hold it up that I can also remove easily. It plugs directly into an outlet, has a remote, but doesn't hold memory of what light pattern it was previously on. For the most part I only use it when I have a pinball party. I could plug it into a Powertail II that has a relay in it that you can splice or Y into the topper power to turn on automatically. I think Powertail II devices are not being made anymore, but there are other similar devices on Amazon.
Here is the link for the water wave light projector that I bought 2 years ago (not currently available, but Amazon will show you similar products):
amazon.com link »[quoted image]

I wish you could get modern devices to just resume the last mode when power is restored (as with pinball, or an external power strip). I would totally do this. But I’d never use it other wise.

#16631 3 years ago

Oh ho, mods!
A2A35EC9-5B06-4634-9694-D15B931B0D86 (resized).jpegA2A35EC9-5B06-4634-9694-D15B931B0D86 (resized).jpeg
Thanks Ramjet !

#16632 3 years ago

Does anyone repair light boards? I had one go out (just always flashed the wrong colors) and got it replaced. I just can’t bring myself to throw the old one away. It’s up for grabs if anyone will pay shipping. It’s the Henry board (left ramp, etc)

#16633 3 years ago

Is anyone else getting discouraged by all the hate being directed at this title lately? Ever since the pricing went crazy, that seems to be all that people focus on when discussing this game. It's like everyone is trying to look cool by chiming in everywhere about how much they dislike Pirates and how some other random game blows it away. It's got to the point where I don't even want to tell people I have one, whereas before I was thrilled about it.

#16634 3 years ago
Quoted from Betelgeuse:Is anyone else getting discouraged by all the hate being directed at this title lately? Ever since the pricing went crazy, that seems to be all that people focus on when discussing this game. It's like everyone is trying to look cool by chiming in everywhere about how much they dislike Pirates and how some other random game blows it away. It's got to the point where I don't even want to tell people I have one, whereas before I was thrilled about it.

It'll pass

#16635 3 years ago
Quoted from Betelgeuse:

Is anyone else getting discouraged by all the hate being directed at this title lately? Ever since the pricing went crazy, that seems to be all that people focus on when discussing this game. It's like everyone is trying to look cool by chiming in everywhere about how much they dislike Pirates and how some other random game blows it away. It's got to the point where I don't even want to tell people I have one, whereas before I was thrilled about it.

Mostly I've seen people pissed about the perceived value. There's only 1000 people in the world happy about that
It doesn't help that Kaneda is stirring the pot, but that's his thing.

#16636 3 years ago
Quoted from arzoo:

Mostly I've seen people pissed about the perceived value. There's only 1000 people in the world happy about that
It doesn't help that Kaneda is stirring the pot, but that's his thing.

shit pot lick spoon (resized).jpgshit pot lick spoon (resized).jpg
#16637 3 years ago
Quoted from Betelgeuse:

Stay thrilled. The only person in the world that needs to like/approve of/be impressed by your collection is you!

#16638 3 years ago
Quoted from Betelgeuse:

Doesn't bother me even a little bit. I'm sure there are games I like that other people don't like, and I'm sure there are games I don't think are as fun that other people think are great. Nobody's right and nobody's wrong, so I think it's really crazy and a waste of time & energy for people to debate personal preferences.

And I think debating the value is just as silly because the value of something is whatever someone is willing to pay. Again, to me it seems like a waste of time to criticize what someone is willing to pay for something because someone's opinion about the value of something is a judgement call based on that person's preferences. For example, I don't understand the perceived increase in value of something just because it's signed. It's the exact same as one that isn't signed, but someone wrote their name on it. Especially when the person who signed it never owned that particular item and only just spent a couple seconds autographing it. So I guess the autograph means that person touched that item. That's not a big deal to me while to a lot of people it's a very big deal, but I have no interest in debating the question with anyone because it's personal preference.

#16639 3 years ago
Quoted from Betelgeuse:

... It's got to the point where I don't even want to tell people I have one, whereas before I was thrilled about it.

Say it loud, say it proud: JJP POTC is the GOAT!!!

They love to hear that.

#16640 3 years ago
Quoted from Betelgeuse:

Not discouraged in the least. A lot of the hate comes from jealously. Many of those same people that bash the game would pick one up in a heartbeat if they could get one without the huge markup they command now. It's easier to bash the game to make yourself feel better than to say you missed out and didn't get one much cheaper when you could have. I'm a proud JJP POTC owner who has always loved the game since I first played it and got in on the ground floor before it blew up. Besides, I buy games for me no one else, so I couldn't care less what others think. Case in point, I've always had a soft spot for Wrestlemania and I have actually bought two of them now. Most others don't like it, doesn't bother me. I have fun with it and it is very challenging so it keeps me interested.

#16641 3 years ago
Quoted from Betelgeuse:Est-ce que quelqu'un d'autre est découragé par toute la haine dirigée contre ce titre ces derniers temps? Depuis que les prix sont devenus fous, cela semble être tout ce sur quoi les gens se concentrent lorsqu'ils discutent de ce jeu. C'est comme si tout le monde essayait d'avoir l'air cool en disant partout à quel point ils n'aiment pas les pirates et comment un autre jeu aléatoire le souffle. C'est arrivé au point où je ne veux même pas dire aux gens que j'en ai un, alors qu'avant j'étais ravi.

How to say .. I bought my Potc 2 months ago now. In France there are hardly any for sale. I paid my money 12,000 euros !! In dollars about 15000. I learned too late that this model was rare and frankly I do not regret my purchase. The pinball machine next to me said to me "don't say how much you paid for it people wouldn't understand" what I don't understand That's why people are judging you? Jealousy, I only see that. As have said: to live happily live hidden !! I told my wife not an hour ago, a car costing 50,000 euros would not make me so happy. This game is phenomenal. For those who can't afford it, I'm sorry. For those who have it, it's great. For those who criticize they have the right. But to say that this pinball machine sucks is incomprehensible. I'm just happy to have it and thanks to its designers for making such a pinball machine

#16642 3 years ago

moi je suis juste heureux de l avoir et merci à ses concepteurs d avoir fait un flipper hors du commun.

#16643 3 years ago
Quoted from Stef95:

moi je suis juste heureux de l avoir et merci à ses concepteurs d avoir fait un flipper hors du commun.

Nice of you to say. I'm sure they are pleased you like the game !
LTG : )

#16644 3 years ago

Appreciate the comments. I have owned plenty of less than popular (but fun to me) titles before. I have even owned titles that I grew to dislike myself. I've never had a problem with that. I guess I'm just trying to comprehending the wave of haters looking to knock this amazing game off of it's pedestal.

#16645 3 years ago
Quoted from Betelgeuse:

Who cares what they think/say. Likely you have one and they don’t.

#16646 3 years ago

I've heard it all too. It's slow, it's too complicated, it's doesn't integrate the theme, the flippers are weak, I don't like wide bodies, it breaks down too much. Yada,yada,yada. It's a near perfect game for me and and can't see ever letting it go.

#16647 3 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

I've heard it all too. It's slow, it's too complicated, it's doesn't integrate the theme, the flippers are weak, I don't like wide bodies, it breaks down too much. Yada,yada,yada. It's a near perfect game for me and and can't see ever letting it go.

Funny how people who actually own the game don't complain!

#16648 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Funny how people who actually own the game don't complain!

If you get it, you get it. No one got into these games “cheap”. And for anyone who takes Kaneda seriously I’ll remind them... that dude bought a Magic Girl. Talk about overpriced and overhyped. Lol.

#16649 3 years ago

For me, having the game a month now and playing the hell out of it.... Damn this game is hard on flipperrubbers, in a week i changed the stock JJP rubbers as the were about to snap. Titans installed on all flipperbats. Today had to change out my bottom flippers again. Chunks of rubber gone at the tips. But thats the same as complaining about how many times you have to fill your car with gas while driving 600 miles a day. Things wear out after constant use. Gonna order some more titans to have some on hand.
Other than that now i start to get the hang of the rules this game is pulling me in more and more. I love it. Even the frustration of losing a 60 million jackpot will have me walk away in disgust but keeps me coming back to take that hurdle some day. I hope it will come soon.
Back to playing now as i hear Melissa shouting for my attention.

#16650 3 years ago
Quoted from cybevenom:

For me, having the game a month now and playing the hell out of it.... Damn this game is hard on flipperrubbers, in a week i changed the stock JJP rubbers as the were about to snap. Titans installed on all flipperbats. Today had to change out my bottom flippers again. Chunks of rubber gone at the tips. But thats the same as complaining about how many times you have to fill your car with gas while driving 600 miles a day. Things wear out after constant use. Gonna order some more titans to have some on hand.
Other than that now i start to get the hang of the rules this game is pulling me in more and more. I love it. Even the frustration of losing a 60 million jackpot will have me walk away in disgust but keeps me coming back to take that hurdle some day. I hope it will come soon.
Back to playing now as i hear Melissa shouting for my attention.

Wrong thread

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
The MOD Couple
Protection
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Mod Co.
Plastics
There are 18,810 posts in this topic. You are on page 333 of 377.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-pirates-of-the-caribbean-official-owners-and-fan-club/page/333?hl=thot and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.