(Topic ID: 200141)

JJP Pirates of the Caribbean Official Owners and Fan Club!

By goren1818

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 18,875 posts
  • 633 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 hours ago by Mrsiyufy
  • Topic is favorited by 284 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
20240330_165232 (resized).jpg
POTC_Mods_annotated (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2024-03-29 at 12.02.54 PM (resized).png
17117301082711484468150429261795 (resized).jpg
20240329_160033 (resized).jpg
431321214_1110342276953195_8816628931148154685_n (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223442061 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223435586 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240204_044856660.MP (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240203-170723 (resized).png
PXL_20240128_214506994 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240128_224833483.MP (resized).jpg
IMG_0980 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0982 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0981 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

20 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,875 posts in this topic. You are on page 332 of 378.
#16551 3 years ago

I have an LE in the marketplace with some good mods. Listed at 20 but would do 17.5 firm

SOLD!
Machine - For Sale
HUO - Undocumented (Home Used Only) - “Up for sale is a jersey Jack Pirates of the Caribbean limited edition pinball machine. Asking price is in line with recent sales of this title. Game has been in my collection for...”
2021-03-12
Lehigh Valley, PA
18,500 (OBO)
Archived after: 6 days
Viewed: 1654 times
Contributed to Pinside

#16552 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Stick it in the market for what you think is crazy money and see. With LEs going for the neighborhood of $20k now, a CE could easily be well over $25k. Would you be happy with $30k for it? Is it attractive to trade your one used jjPotC CE for 3 brand new Stern LEs or a couple new Stern LEs and a new jjGnR LE? Put your CE in the market for that price and see.
Do *I* think it's worth that? Uh, no. But there are plenty of people with the money to pay those prices that do, and it IS a fantastic pin.

You planted an ugly seed!

Quoted from ulmpharmd:

I think I might have to..30 is actually that number. I love the game that much, but I’d have to let it go for that. I’ve heard of a few already going for those numbers. Thanks for the insight

You are getting blasted for this LOL
I guess you probably know this.

#16553 3 years ago
Quoted from ulmpharmd:

I think I might have to..30 is actually that number. I love the game that much, but I’d have to let it go for that. I’ve heard of a few already going for those numbers. Thanks for the insight

If you love it, why list it?

#16554 3 years ago
Quoted from Butch2099:

I have an LE in the marketplace with some good mods. Listed at 20 but would do 17.5 firm

One just sold around that price. If you changed your price I bet you get some folks interested. There is a lot of competition at 20k

#16555 3 years ago
Quoted from Green-Machine:

Meh, just pointed out the market realities of the jjPotC market. I didn't invent the jjPotC economy, I just comment on it occasionally. I thought it was crazy money when I sold a used LE for $12,500 more than a year ago. Now it's a lot crazier.

#16556 3 years ago
1CE0A4DD-4682-4DEB-8C7D-7C2E5343AABF.gif1CE0A4DD-4682-4DEB-8C7D-7C2E5343AABF.gif
#16557 3 years ago
Quoted from Green-Machine:

You are getting blasted for this LOL
I guess you probably know this.

I posted my LE for sale for $20k a few weeks before everybody else did the same thing and got blasted by a couple of seemingly unhappy people who apparently missed economics class. You’re not losing if you can double or triple your money on anything, I wouldn’t feel bad about listing it for $30k. Needless to say, I took it down and decided to keep mine (even after $20k seems to be the target price for an LE).

#16558 3 years ago
Quoted from RobbyIRL5:

I posted my LE for sale for $20k a few weeks before everybody else did the same thing and got blasted by a couple of seemingly unhappy people who apparently missed economics class. You’re not losing if you can double or triple your money on anything, I wouldn’t feel bad about listing it for $30k. Needless to say, I took it down and decided to keep mine (even after $20k seems to be the target price for an LE).

The money continues to get crazy on them, but I try not to think about that.

I think about: How much did I pay? How would I feel NOT having POTC? And how hard would it be to get back into one?

#16559 3 years ago
Quoted from RobbyIRL5:

Stating a fact. If seller can get paid that’s great

#16560 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I think about: How much did I pay? How would I feel NOT having POTC? And how hard would it be to get back into one?

Hear Hear!

#16561 3 years ago
Quoted from RobbyIRL5:

I really enjoyed having it, and I think it's a great pin, but I can always play it at a show or a friend's place (once the Pandemic is under control) if I want to . When you're literally talking getting 3 Stern NIB LEs or 2 Stern NIB LEs and a jjGnR LE OR keeping one jjPotC CE, it's a pretty strong case for letting the CE go if someone is willing to pay $30k.

#16562 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Did you share that thought with your wife? That’s a Lot of shoes lol.

#16563 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Did you share that thought with your wife? That’s a Lot of shoes lol.

SHHHHHHHH

#16564 3 years ago

Back in the club, for the final round. Great to be back, what was I thinking?! My wife has banned me from selling Pirates this time. Question: the topper motor runs basically all the time, even in attract mode, and isn’t communicating with the game. So I unplugged the motor. Any ideas?

07B7DA4B-DB78-4738-B756-03159E883E11 (resized).jpeg07B7DA4B-DB78-4738-B756-03159E883E11 (resized).jpegC540024D-8BD2-4969-AE83-57188D9C5E64 (resized).jpegC540024D-8BD2-4969-AE83-57188D9C5E64 (resized).jpeg

609B647C-5946-4940-BDB3-FB3247FD4C8D (resized).jpeg609B647C-5946-4940-BDB3-FB3247FD4C8D (resized).jpeg
#16565 3 years ago
Quoted from dts:

Back in the club, for the final round. Great to be back, what was I thinking?! My wife has banned me from selling Pirates this time. Question: the topper motor runs basically all the time, even in attract mode, and isn’t communicating with the game. So I unplugged the motor. Any ideas?
[quoted image][quoted image]
[quoted image]

I never had a CE. Are there any data lines to the topper, or just the one 12v power connection?

Depending on where they're getting the 12v, maybe pinball_keefer has added some basic on-off interactivity and an on/off setting to the system settings in the long-overdue next release of the jjPotC software.

#16566 3 years ago
Quoted from dts:

[quoted image]

Welcome back, email Steve Z. He is very responsive and helpful

#16567 3 years ago

I've got a standard, and the only thing that I seem to regret not having is the 72 light starfield, is there any way to add that to my standard?

#16568 3 years ago
Quoted from palmab03:

is there any way to add that to my standard?

No. And your games dongle won't run it in standard software.

LTG : )

#16569 3 years ago
Quoted from palmab03:

I've got a standard, and the only thing that I seem to regret not having is the 72 light starfield, is there any way to add that to my standard?

You can get the full starmap backboard mod. That's what I did. It's not interactive with the game, but it looks great. The SE version shows you the shot to compensate for not having it and very few people understand the starfield rules anyway so it isn't a big loss IMHO.

https://pinballmods.co/full-width-galaxy-starmap-backboard-plastic-jjp-potc

#16570 3 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

You can get the full starmap backboard mod. That's what I did. It's not interactive with the game, but it looks great. The SE version shows you the shot to compensate for not having it and very few people understand the starfield rules anyway so it isn't a big loss IMHO.
https://pinballmods.co/full-width-galaxy-starmap-backboard-plastic-jjp-potc

The LE and CE also flash the active shot (for a few seconds), so the star field is totally pointless unless you find it fun trying to decipher a vague bunch of dots

#16571 3 years ago
Quoted from arzoo:

The LE and CE also flash the active shot (for a few seconds), so the star field is totally pointless unless you find it fun trying to decipher a vague bunch of dots

I’ve never even looked at the star map once. The lcd screen on the apron points to the most valuable shot so if the star map shot was worth shooting for the compass would point to it.

#16572 3 years ago
Quoted from Mrsiyufy:

I’ve never even looked at the star map once.

Ditto.

#16573 3 years ago

So then what are the features people like so much on the LE and CE other than not staring at Johnny Depp? Aren't there only like 200 standards?

#16574 3 years ago
Quoted from palmab03:

So then what are the features people like so much on the LE and CE other than not staring at Johnny Depp? Aren't there only like 200 standards?

150 standards, 650 les and 200 CEs I believe

#16575 3 years ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

150 standards, 650 les and 200 CEs I believe

What would people estimate the current market prices are for Standards?

#16576 3 years ago
Quoted from palmab03:

I believe there are less than 200 SEs, close to 150. The only things you can't replicate on the SE that the LE has are the color changing GI and the interactive starfield. The color changing GI isn't a big loss to me at all since all the inserts and Black Pearl lights etc. are color changing already and like others have said, the interactive starfield is overkill and you can get a full length one for $95 for any version. I have the Devil's Triangle rock mod and the spinning pop bumper mod (with a more relevant figure) and starfield in my SE and they look great. Back when the games were NIB and you got a shaker motor, HD glass, color changing GI, head phone jack, Devil's Triangle, cheap topper and spinning pop bumper in a limited edition version for only $1,000 more...the case could certainly be made that it was well worth it. At current rates, if you are looking for a POTC and can save $5k by "only" spending $14k on an SE instead of $19k on an LE, it's a no brainer to me.

#16577 3 years ago

That's pretty much what I'm getting at, why on earth would an LE be $5k more than a standard? Or are Standards now probably going for $16-17k?

#16578 3 years ago
Quoted from palmab03:

That's pretty much what I'm getting at, why on earth would an LE be $5k more than a standard? Or are Standards now probably going for $16-17k?

People are attached to the "Limited Edition" naming of the game. Normally limited edition means something really unique and special, in this case as others have said, it's not even as limited as the standard version. Some people just hang on that LE title typical meaning and if you haven't played the game or researched the differences much, they don't even realize they aren't missing anything gameplay wise like you would be with a SE to LE on Wonka or GNR that have bigger/major game play differences between those versions.

I don't think SEs are at the 16-17k mark. I think they are probably pushing $15k, but they trade hands so infrequently since they are the rarest version by volume, that it is hard to get a really good grasp on the market for that specific version.

#16579 3 years ago
Quoted from palmab03:

Standards are around 13-14k right now it seems. My buddy is looking for one and can get one at 14k but looking to pay closer to 13k. If someone was willing to pay 16k for my standard Id have a really hard time turning that down. When jjp ships me all my back up decals I think I’ll have around 10k Into it. I added the invisiglass and shaker. Waiting on the playfield decals and cab art decals plus my spare playfield which was under warranty

#16580 3 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

I believe there are less than 200 SEs, close to 150. The only things you can't replicate on the SE that the LE has are the color changing GI and the interactive starfield. The color changing GI isn't a big loss to me at all since all the inserts and Black Pearl lights etc. are color changing already and like others have said, the interactive starfield is overkill and you can get a full length one for $95 for any version. I have the Devil's Triangle rock mod and the spinning pop bumper mod (with a more relevant figure) and starfield in my SE and they look great. Back when the games were NIB and you got a shaker motor, HD glass, color changing GI, head phone jack, Devil's Triangle, cheap topper and spinning pop bumper in a limited edition version for only $1,000 more...the case could certainly be made that it was well worth it. At current rates, if you are looking for a POTC and can save $5k by "only" spending $14k on an SE instead of $19k on an LE, it's a no brainer to me.

Not that it’s a big deal at all, but the LE also has black trim vs stainless on the SE. I prefer the black but easy and inexpensive to change.

#16581 3 years ago
Quoted from Mrsiyufy:

I’ve never even looked at the star map once. The lcd screen on the apron points to the most valuable shot so if the star map shot was worth shooting for the compass would point to it.

10 constellations light an extra ball so they are worth something in the end, including some points as you go, but agreed in that you don't have to use the star map to figure out which shot you need.

#16582 3 years ago

Whats funny is like someone said everyone is attached to that Limited title...I have a SE...and its modded out and MORE rare to own than an LE...Only thing I am missing is the spinning pop bumpers and the silly star map..I added a star map mod that goes across the entire back and it looks 10000x better than the factory one. If the right price came along, I would def. sell it. I guess my 100k joke for sale post pissed off some people as I was muted from the for sale group for 48 hours lol

#16583 3 years ago
Quoted from Trooper11040:

Whats funny is like someone said everyone is attached to that Limited title...I have a SE...and its modded out and MORE rare to own than an LE...Only thing I am missing is the spinning pop bumpers and the silly star map..I added a star map mod that goes across the entire back and it looks 10000x better than the factory one. If the right price came along, I would def. sell it. I guess my 100k joke for sale post pissed off some people as I was muted from the for sale group for 48 hours lol

Silly people get upset but they are good with people trying to sell a car or dvds for a pinball on here. At least yours was a pinball for sale just at a really high price.

Where did you get the star map and do you have a pic of it?

#16584 3 years ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

Silly people get upset but they are good with people trying to sell a car or dvds for a pinball on here. At least yours was a pinball for sale just at a really high price.

Quoted from Happy81724:

Scott on this group makes them...here is the link to his website:
https://pinballmods.co/pirates-of-the-caribbean-jjp/full-width-galaxy-starmap-backboard-plastic-jjp-potc

It's awesome...If i get down there today ill take a video and put it on here...the mod has different settings you can play with to include different fades, timing, etc.

#16585 3 years ago

The fact that there are fewer SEs will never make them more desirable than LEs. Doesn't matter that they can be modded out to be "close" to LEs, buyers will never see them as equal. Just like LEs can never be CEs. Just the nature of the hobby I guess.

#16586 3 years ago
Quoted from dts:

[quoted image]

Is there a "Topper Attract mode Animation" in Game Settings? *from the manual page B-29

#16587 3 years ago
Quoted from arzoo:

The fact that there are fewer SEs will never make them more desirable than LEs. Doesn't matter that they can be modded out to be "close" to LEs, buyers will never see them as equal. Just like LEs can never be CEs. Just the nature of the hobby I guess.

It’s just a title. The game is identical minus a few toys

#16588 3 years ago

A stock SE vs LE has several differences that make the LE a lot more valuable depending on personal preference.

#16589 3 years ago

I also added the full length star map to my LE I agree it looks much better than what was there before

#16590 3 years ago

The only real difference between the SE and the LE is the color changing GI, and arguably the computer controlled star map... Though, I much prefer the modded star map to the factory star map, and I think most people would. Anything else missing on the standard can easily be upgraded to LE level or better... Devil's Triangle, Spinning Pops, Shaker, Headphone Jack, Invisiglass?? Just buy them and plug them in. I think people are paying $5,000+ more for an LE for the bragging rights of saying they have a 'Limited Edition', even though they are actually 5x less limited. Another part of it is that a lot of people don't even seem to realize how little difference there is between the models.

#16591 3 years ago

I’m going to get bashed for this one, but I prefer the LE/SE art to the CE art, but the CE topper is pretty cool wish someone made a topper to replace my LE.

#16592 3 years ago
Quoted from Mrsiyufy:

I’m going to get bashed for this one, but I prefer the LE/SE art to the CE art, but the CE topper is pretty cool wish someone made a topper to replace my LE.

I 100% agree and I no longer have a horse in this race to bias my opinion.

#16593 3 years ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

Put a post sleeve on the post at the left entrance to the star map area. That will keep the ball from hitting the sling rubber on that post, which causes that rubber to wear out very quickly. The sling rubber on mine wore out quickly because of those direct hits. When I replaced it I put the post sleeve on and so far haven't had to change it since then.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-pirates-of-the-caribbean-official-owners-and-fan-club/page/227#post-5094603

Okay, so I didn't have the 1/2 ID inch post rubber available, so I did this. I know it shortens the entrance a bit, but it will work for now and I'll order the post sleeve you recommended for the future.

Boy I'm getting really good at taking that upper playfield off.....it's not that bad, plus a lot easier to clean and wax with Ship off.

IMG-7103 (resized).jpgIMG-7103 (resized).jpgIMG-7104 (resized).jpgIMG-7104 (resized).jpgIMG-7105 (resized).jpgIMG-7105 (resized).jpgIMG-7106 (resized).jpgIMG-7106 (resized).jpg
#16594 3 years ago

It’s just a title. The game is identical minus a few toys

The RGB lighting the SE is missing is a BIG difference. HUGE. It's used to full effect in the modes of the LE and CE.

#16595 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

The RGB lighting the SE is missing is a BIG difference. HUGE. It's used to full effect in the modes of the LE and CE.

I was just going to say the same.

Even though there are more differences than that, the lack of RGB alone results in people never saying SE=LE even with mods.

#16596 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Even though there are more differences than that, the lack of RGB alone results in people never saying SE=LE even with mods.

Totally Agree, I didn't think it was that big of a deal, but man is it cool when the RGB colors change....it really adds to the game!

#16597 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Quoted from delt31:

Yep this is huge to me and many/most other's ...that along with everything else that the le allready comes with over the se is why many went with it and continue to go with it. I also like the topper and the effects too. There is also more lighting on the le with few more spotlights and does the se have the rgb strip on the left side of the right ramp? The se was a great buy but for 1k more at the time the le was a no brainer for most people. Again cant go wrong with any version of potc as all are great.

#16598 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

the lack of RGB alone results in people never saying SE=LE even with mods.

I would NEVER argue that they are completely equal, but $5,000-$7,000 more for a dozen additional color changing lamps on the playfield? It sure made a lot more sense when there was only a $1k difference between the models, but my point was that this is more about prestige and collectability (which is more abstract) driving the market than it is about the tangible differences. Not that I have a problem with that.

#16599 3 years ago
Quoted from 3pinballs:

Okay, so I didn't have the 1/2 ID inch post rubber available, so I did this. I know it shortens the entrance a bit, but it will work for now and I'll order the post sleeve you recommended for the future.
Boy I'm getting really good at taking that upper playfield off.....it's not that bad, plus a lot easier to clean and wax with Ship off.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Great idea..that area gets torn up pretty quickly

#16600 3 years ago

The owners post goes through this debate on pretty much every thread I’ve been on. I’m going to bet if you bought a model for a specific reason no one is going to change your mind.

With that being said, the se is by far and it’s not even close, the best bang for your buck. No question about that

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

Wanted
$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 20.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 19.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

29,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Frisco, TX
$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 100.00
Electronics
Led Pinball

$ 41.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Mod Co.

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 18,875 posts in this topic. You are on page 332 of 378.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-pirates-of-the-caribbean-official-owners-and-fan-club/page/332 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.