(Topic ID: 200141)

JJP Pirates of the Caribbean Official Owners and Fan Club!

By goren1818

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 18,875 posts
  • 633 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 12 hours ago by Mrsiyufy
  • Topic is favorited by 284 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
20240330_165232 (resized).jpg
POTC_Mods_annotated (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2024-03-29 at 12.02.54 PM (resized).png
17117301082711484468150429261795 (resized).jpg
20240329_160033 (resized).jpg
431321214_1110342276953195_8816628931148154685_n (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223442061 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223435586 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240204_044856660.MP (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240203-170723 (resized).png
PXL_20240128_214506994 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240128_224833483.MP (resized).jpg
IMG_0980 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0982 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0981 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

20 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,875 posts in this topic. You are on page 330 of 378.
#16451 3 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

I wonder if I should file a claim then - I just noticed some SEVERE chipping around the left sling post, and it had already flaked completely off, unfortunately.

Definitely do it sooner rather than later!

Quoted from Happy81724:

It doesn’t hurt. I filed mine about 5 months ago and was approved

That's great! I'm surprised, and glad, they're still honoring that!

#16452 3 years ago
Quoted from Mrsiyufy:

For anyone that needs one. Jersey Jack has spinning disc decals back in stock.

Wow, I didn't see this coming. I have been trying to get a replacement for a while now. Thanks for posting.

#16454 3 years ago

Jjp said still no plans to do a rerun

#16455 3 years ago
B48F112B-A732-46CD-95F0-64A396F83BB9.gifB48F112B-A732-46CD-95F0-64A396F83BB9.gif
#16456 3 years ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

I believe someone recently mentioned that Jack gave it a 20% chance, which is not zero. As owners I'm sure most of us would be happy if things stay the way they are, while the rest of the pin community is hoping for another run, if not just to say "I told you so" LOL!

#16457 3 years ago
Quoted from arzoo:

I believe someone recently mentioned that Jack gave it a 20% chance, which is not zero. As owners I'm sure most of us would be happy if things stay the way they are, while the rest of the pin community is hoping for another run, if not just to say "I told you so" LOL!

I have a new playfield coming. I asked if I’ll get it with the rerun. They said no and no on the rerun so I’ll keep waiting. I guess they could be not telling me but I have to wait longer for my playfield. That was clear

#16458 3 years ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

I have a new playfield coming. I asked if I’ll get it with the rerun. They said no and no on the rerun so I’ll keep waiting. I guess they could be not telling me but I have to wait longer for my playfield. That was clear

They wait for a certain number of claims to send the PF’s, no idea what the threshold is for them to start sending them though.

#16459 3 years ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

Don't ruin the fantasy.

#16460 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

They wait for a certain number of claims to send the PF’s, no idea what the threshold is for them to start sending them though.

Yeah, sounded like they get them from Germany or something

#16461 3 years ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

Yeah, sounded like they get them from Germany or something

Correct, they can’t order them one at a time

#16462 3 years ago

Okay, I've replaced the rubber on the left side of the "start a chapter" 3 times already. It's a pain in the A$$ as you have to take off the upper playfield.

Any ideas of what rubber I should use? Maybe go with a standard black or white?

I'm currently using the Translucent clear from Pinball Life.

Or am I missing something where I can replace that damn rubber without taking off the mini playfield

#16463 3 years ago

JJP should have put a post in front of that sling with a tiny circle rubber and that would have been a lot easier and would keep the ball from hitting the front corner of the sling rubber so that it wouldn't split it.

#16464 3 years ago
Quoted from 3pinballs:

Okay, I've replaced the rubber on the left side of the "start a chapter" 3 times already. It's a pain in the A$$ as you have to take off the upper playfield.
Any ideas of what rubber I should use? Maybe go with a standard black or white?
I'm currently using the Translucent clear from Pinball Life.
Or am I missing something where I can replace that damn rubber without taking off the mini playfield

Just an opinion but I love Every thing at Pinball Life Except the rubbers. That is where JJP gets them..... Titan has never let me down personally.

#16465 3 years ago
Quoted from 3pinballs:

JJP should have put a post in front of that sling with a tiny circle rubber and that would have been a lot easier and would keep the ball from hitting the front corner of the sling rubber so that it wouldn't split it.

Put a post sleeve on the post at the left entrance to the star map area. That will keep the ball from hitting the sling rubber on that post, which causes that rubber to wear out very quickly. The sling rubber on mine wore out quickly because of those direct hits. When I replaced it I put the post sleeve on and so far haven't had to change it since then.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-pirates-of-the-caribbean-official-owners-and-fan-club/page/227#post-5094603

#16466 3 years ago
Quoted from 3pinballs:

double the price compared to Pinball Life, but U get what you pay for!!!!!!

#16467 3 years ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

Put a post sleeve on the post at the left entrance to the star map area. That will keep the ball from hitting the sling rubber on that post, which causes that rubber to wear out very quickly. The sling rubber on mine wore out quickly because of those direct hits. When I replaced it I put the post sleeve on and so far haven't had to change it since then.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-pirates-of-the-caribbean-official-owners-and-fan-club/page/227#post-5094603

so it looks like from that photo that its a black rubber post that was cut down? Great Idea, I would have never thought of that, but then again I'm Polish!

#16468 3 years ago
Quoted from 3pinballs:

double the price compared to Pinball Life, but U get what you pay for!!!!!!

I think any rubber taking a direct hit on an attachment point like that will wear out quickly, whether it's from Titan or Pinball Life. When I replaced the star map left sling rubber I used one from Pinball Life and it hasn't worn out. The difference was adding the post sleeve to protect it from direct hits. Now that the ball doesn't make contact with the sling rubber that rubber isn't wearing out.

On my Avengers Infinity Quest I put a Titan on the unprotected upper left flipper. Direct hits to the tip of that flipper wore out that Titan rubber in less than 2 weeks. It's essentially the same issue as on the Pirates star map sling. Rubbers taking direct hits on attachment points wore out quickly for both the stock POTC rubber and the Titan I put on my AIQ.

#16469 3 years ago
Quoted from 3pinballs:

so it looks like from that photo that its a black rubber post that was cut down? Great Idea, I would have never thought of that, but then again I'm Polish!

No, it's a post sleeve. No cut down required. It's a part you can buy and put on as is. Here's a post I made that has a link to the one I bought from Marco and put on my machine:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-pirates-of-the-caribbean-official-owners-and-fan-club/page/259#post-5299935

#16470 3 years ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

No, it's a post sleeve. No cut down required. It's a part you can buy and put on as is.

so the standard length will fit underneath? Picture looks like it's smaller, but I'll believe you. thanks for your help....this will be a blessing

#16471 3 years ago
Quoted from 3pinballs:

so the standard length will fit underneath? Picture looks like it's smaller, but I'll believe you. thanks for your help....this will be a blessing

Yep, I just edited my post above to add a link to the one I bought and put on.

#16472 3 years ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

Yep, I just edited my post above to add a link to the one I bought and put on.

thx, got it....I don't have any 1/2 inch so I'll just cut down a post from one of these https://www.pinballlife.com/perfectplay-1-116-willamsbally-compatible-rubber-post-sleeve.html

#16473 3 years ago

Might depend on the post sleeve. I remember having to cut mine down by maybe a 1/8 of an inch. It is worth noting that putting a rubber on the post saves the PITA (pain in the ass) rubber, but it also makes the chapter shot a little tighter. For me was not that big of an issue. For others in the house it is more difficult to start chapters

#16474 3 years ago

Finally added some undercab lighting. Went w/ blue for now... ocean.

b09ff623-d639-4a3f-b317-e9e5cb4b6197 (resized).jpgb09ff623-d639-4a3f-b317-e9e5cb4b6197 (resized).jpg

I need green for Alien, but that one is more complicated I think .

#16475 3 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Finally added some undercab lighting. Went w/ blue for now... ocean.
[quoted image]
I need green for Alien, but that one is more complicated I think .

You could hook it to an ardiuno and program it to shift from sea blue to green and change brightness/intensity to simulate the ocean. That would look pretty great.

#16476 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

You could hook it to an ardiuno and program it to shift from sea blue to green and change intensity to simulate the ocean. That would look pretty great.

I like that idea, might have to steal it. WW CE came with red under glow, and I bought my Hobbit from someone that added yellow underglow. I wanted to add something to POTC at some point and I really like that idea.

#16477 3 years ago
Quoted from BozoTheClown:

I like that idea, might have to steal it. WW CE came with red under glow, and I bought my Hobbit from someone that added yellow underglow. I wanted to add something to POTC at some point and I really like that idea.

I tried to do it as a mod for under the chest, but the clear was too reflective and you could see the LEDs reflection in the playfield instead of just the color changing and fading of the blues and greens. But for undercab it should look boss unless you are a weirdo with super-shiny reflective floors. Really would up the theme intensity.

#16478 3 years ago

Hello everyone, I just bought a standard potc and I want to install some cliffy protection. Where can I find some? Thanks for your feedback

#16480 3 years ago

Thank you

#16481 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

You could hook it to an ardiuno and program it to shift from sea blue to green and change brightness/intensity to simulate the ocean. That would look pretty great.

Yesterday I was just hooking up a color changer strip down the back of the game and wrapping one foot under the bottom, set on Cyan color and slow fade to try and replicate ocean/water, but I need this ardiuno idea now PinMonk !

#16482 3 years ago

Has anyone tried using a projector instead of LED strips? A friend of mine has a small projector that creates a moving water effect on the wall. I've often thought about trying to put something like that projecting on the floor under Pirates, but I haven't messed with anything yet.

#16483 3 years ago
Quoted from Betelgeuse:

Has anyone tried using a projector instead of LED strips? A friend of mine has a small projector that creates a moving water effect on the wall. I've often thought about trying to put something like that projecting on the floor under Pirates, but I haven't messed with anything yet.

NOw that is a great idea. Bravo.

#16484 3 years ago
Quoted from ArcadeBar:

Yesterday I was just hooking up a color changer strip down the back of the game and wrapping one foot under the bottom, set on Cyan color and slow fade to try and replicate ocean/water, but I need this ardiuno idea now vireland !

There are tons of code samples for color-shifting and fading LED matrixes. You'd just have to adapt it for linear strips and set the color range to blues and greens. Get one of the arduino nano knockoffs for like $5 and make a cable to pull 5v from the ATX power supply inside the backbox and you're in business for like $10 and some time.

#16485 3 years ago
Quoted from Betelgeuse:

Cant find the post only a basic post but someone in the thread used one of those $10 motion Amazon water projectors under their game and I always thought it looked incredible for this title. Much better in my opinion then simple LED lights. They posted a video just can't find it.

pppppop (resized).jpgpppppop (resized).jpg
#16486 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Cant find the post only a basic post but someone in the thread used one of those $10 motion Amazon water projectors under their game and I always thought it looked incredible for this title. Much better in my opinion then simple LED lights. They posted a video just can't find it.
[quoted image]

Oh, yeah, THIS would be way better than just the lighting color changes because you have the water motion effect.

#16487 3 years ago

Hey Guys new owner here Just a quick question for you:

Is it normal that i struggle making the right ramps even with flipper power at Max?

#16488 3 years ago
Quoted from jurulz:

Is it normal that i struggle making the right ramps even with flipper power at Max?

Yes.

Problem with the mechanics of the flipper ? Plunger binding, worn parts ?

LTG : )

#16489 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Oh, yeah, THIS would be way better than just the lighting color changes because you have the water motion effect.

You could also have it stream the Pirates song that is missing from the pin. Anybody have a link to a clean copy of that song?

#16490 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Yes.
Problem with the mechanics of the flipper ? Plunger binding, worn parts ?

So hitting the right ramp should be kinda easy right? Not 1 shot out of 8?

Previous owner tell me that the left flipper was stuck previously, I'll take a look at the mechs itself.

Also does JJP picky with the warranty even if i'm not the orginal NIB owner?

#16491 3 years ago
Quoted from jurulz:

Previous owner tell me that the left flipper was stuck previously, I'll take a look at the mechs itself.

If the flipper was stuck, check the coil stop first. A broken/loose coil stop will cause a sticky flipper with less power. $5 fix.

Very unlikely to be a warranty issue, and given the age of the game, extremely unlikely to still be under a warranty anyway.

#16492 3 years ago
Quoted from jurulz:

Hey Guys new owner here Just a quick question for you:

Absolutely not. The left flipper should make it with ease.

#16493 3 years ago
Quoted from jurulz:

Should be easy, I can even back hand it pretty easily.

#16494 3 years ago
Quoted from jurulz:

A clue that the game is due for a flipper rebuild.

Quoted from jurulz:

You aren't covered. Common wear items wouldn't be covered anyway.

#16495 3 years ago
Screenshot_20210302-154717_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20210302-154717_Chrome (resized).jpg
#16496 3 years ago

A friendly reminder. I just replaced the coin battery on the mother board. May want to consider it, I can't believe its been almost 3 years since the release!

#16497 3 years ago

https://www.instagram.com/p/CL7mLUMn4XH/?igshid=1v1pt4tl1coc9

BD8C5676-2E5E-4DBC-AFA4-356CD55346F9 (resized).jpegBD8C5676-2E5E-4DBC-AFA4-356CD55346F9 (resized).jpeg
#16498 3 years ago

This better mean there's an update coming!! They've kind of ignored the game for so long. Come on, guys.

#16499 3 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

This better mean there's an update coming!! They've kind of ignored the game for so long. Come on, guys.

I’m with you at this point. Pretty please give us the happy ending. Or wizard mode.

#16500 3 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

[quoted image]

Oops. Meant to post the other one!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 24.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

$ 19.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks

$ 26.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 49.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Wanted
$ 35.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

Playfield - Protection
Pin Monk

$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

29,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Frisco, TX
There are 18,875 posts in this topic. You are on page 330 of 378.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-pirates-of-the-caribbean-official-owners-and-fan-club/page/330?hl=wesman and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.