(Topic ID: 200141)

JJP Pirates of the Caribbean Official Owners and Fan Club!

By goren1818

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 18,810 posts
  • 633 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 16 days ago by insight75
  • Topic is favorited by 284 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

431321214_1110342276953195_8816628931148154685_n (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223442061 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223435586 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240204_044856660.MP (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240203-170723 (resized).png
PXL_20240128_214506994 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240128_224833483.MP (resized).jpg
IMG_0980 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0982 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0981 (resized).jpeg
download (resized).jpg
IMG_6275 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6274 (resized).jpeg
8b9srv (resized).jpg
20231211_131402 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

20 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,810 posts in this topic. You are on page 328 of 377.
#16351 3 years ago
Quoted from Nepi23:

Seems that my auto-launcher has started playing tricks. I search the forum and apparently it is suggested to move the auto-launcher, pinch the auto-launcher forks, tie the coil firmly in its place and also to use these tiny rubber dots that one puts in e.g. cupboard doors. But was there ever a generally accepted "best solution" for the auto-launcher occasionally not being able to shoot the ball up the ramp?
Thanks for any info!

There are a number of reasons this may have happened. You need to figure out which problem you have. For example, if your playfield forks have bent from the PF weight, the autolaunch may be dragging. Have you slo-mo recorded the launch with your phone camera?

#16352 3 years ago
Quoted from Nepi23:

Seems that my auto-launcher has started playing tricks. I search the forum and apparently it is suggested to move the auto-launcher, pinch the auto-launcher forks, tie the coil firmly in its place and also to use these tiny rubber dots that one puts in e.g. cupboard doors. But was there ever a generally accepted "best solution" for the auto-launcher occasionally not being able to shoot the ball up the ramp?
Thanks for any info!

You need a slow mo video of the ball launch to find out what is going on. The fix depends on the problem. For me I had a couple things going on. First the ball was hitting the bottom part of the wireform where it attaches to play field. I grinder that down a tad. My second issue was a little extra play in the mech. Maybe 2-3mm but it was enough that if the ball was not perfectly in the center of shooter lane weak auto launches would occur. A nylon washer on the shooter mech fixed the second issue. The last “problem” I know of is sometimes the play field sits a bit too low for some reason. A piece of foam tape under the hangers fixes this for most people that I know of.

#16353 3 years ago

Thanks for your replies. I created two slow-mo videos, links below. To me it looks like the ball is hitting the wireform - do you notice something different? Have people tried to bend the wireform or how to proceed? Perhaps turn the power for the auto-launcher down?

#16354 3 years ago

Shooter troubleshooter:

- Is the tip intact? Replace if needed.
- Plus plunging empty make the autolaunch forks jump? Pad under the playfield hooks to raise the playfield a bit. Relevel the game.
- Does it lose power up the hill when plunged? Run a ball along the track and if it clicks when it hits crossbars, file them down.
- Does the autoplunger line up with the all? If not, add washers to the mech.
- Does the ball strike the post on plunge? The rails may not be flat and flush. Remove wireform, bend the rails so they are down and spread apart. The rails must fit flat in flush in the channel for the plunges to be true.

There is really nothing else that can go wrong with the shooter.

Most people need to do one or none of these steps. I had to do ALL of them!

#16355 3 years ago

That looks like auto plunger is not hitting the ball square. See if you can move the auto plunger to the left or right with the glass off. Almost willing to bet if the auto plunger is to one side it will plunge fine and other the momentum will be off. If this works you need to shim the mech to which ever side plunges fine. The ball hitting the wire form occurs a little farther up on the cross rail that attaches to the play field. Ball will roll fine until it hits the crossbar. Easy to tell as the part it hits will not have chrome

#16356 3 years ago
Quoted from Nepi23:

Thanks for your replies. I created two slow-mo videos, links below. To me it looks like the ball is hitting the wireform - do you notice something different? Have people tried to bend the wireform or how to proceed? Perhaps turn the power for the auto-launcher down?

The video shows the ball is not going straight down both rails right as it leaves the auto launch. Immediately after launch it wobbles toward the left (as the ball is traveling, or to the right from the viewpoint of the video). It's more noticeable on the 2nd launch in your video where the ball is riding high on the left rail right at about the point where the tip of the orange arrow is on the playfield.

When the ball is at rest in the shooter lane is it resting on the tip of the plunger a bit or is it only resting on the two prongs of the auto launcher?. Can't tell for sure from the video but it seemed like the ball might be resting a bit on the tip of the plunger, and it needs to rest only on the prongs so they give an equal push at the same time. If the tip is touching the ball, then back the tip off by adding a washer or two so the tip is slightly behind the ball and it's resting on the prongs. This brake hose washer works perfect:

https://www.autozone.com/brakes-and-traction-control/banjo-bolt-crush-washer/dorman-brake-hose-to-caliper-bolt-washer-66272/519225_0_0?cmpid=PLA:US:EN:AD:NL:1000000:HRD:71700000043780883&gclid=Cj0KCQiA34OBBhCcARIsAG32uvPG7pU_Z5Kyr8AMJg5mD5lhNVHGYTFt-mMfJypv3Q78bNlDICfI1c8aAnxsEALw_wcB

Once the tip is off the ball, then adjust the prongs slightly so they push the ball straight down the middle of the rails when it launches.

#16357 3 years ago

Deleted - format fail

#16358 3 years ago
Quoted from Nepi23:

It's being launched into the apron. You need to bend the autolaunch forks a little so they're centered on the ball when at rest. The right fork (left in the video) is too far over.

#16359 3 years ago

What pitch do you have your table at?

#16360 3 years ago

I’d say the market has officially been flooded with jjp potc lol. 11 in the last couple days

2689E645-1E4D-4895-8698-F396F33C68F6 (resized).png2689E645-1E4D-4895-8698-F396F33C68F6 (resized).pngAF3334DA-B2E2-42C6-AC5B-40B4EF187CB3 (resized).pngAF3334DA-B2E2-42C6-AC5B-40B4EF187CB3 (resized).png
#16361 3 years ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

I’d say the market has officially been flooded with jjp potc lol. 11 in the last couple days
[quoted image][quoted image]

Well since there are plenty to go around I guess we can finally squash the persistent rumor of JJP making more.

#16362 3 years ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

Can only mean one thing. Code's about to drop!

#16363 3 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

Hhahahaahahahahahahahah

#16364 3 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

That would be awesome!

#16365 3 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

Or these folks got tired of waiting for the code to drop...

You would think that with so many for sale the price would drop and it's doing the opposite.

My LE is bolted to the floor.

#16366 3 years ago

Are people really paying $20k for an LE?! Like mine?

#16367 3 years ago
Quoted from paynemic:

Are people really paying $20k for an LE?! Like mine?

Looks like another one might hit the market.

#16368 3 years ago

Not mine. It's like some others have said. If I got the big money for it I would just want to buy more games and I am already over capacity. Plus I would just want another JJP POTC and I know I would probably never be able to get one again for a reasonable price, so there's no point for me. I don't blame anyone for wanting to cash out as that's a lot of money, but mine's staying and I will continue to enjoy it. Then I'll enjoy it all over again when the code update finally does drop.

#16369 3 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

Not mine. It's like some others have said. If I got the big money for it I would just want to buy more games and I am already over capacity. Plus I would just want another JJP POTC and I know I would probably never be able to get one again for a reasonable price, so there's no point for me. I don't blame anyone for wanting to cash out as that's a lot of money, but mine's staying and I will continue to enjoy it. Then I'll enjoy it all over again when the code update finally does drop.

Same here... It's not going anywhere anytime soon. I am a below average player. Took up pinball in 2020. By time I get good enough to beat it, the code will be out...

#16370 3 years ago

I think only way I’d get rid of mine would be for a 2 for 1 or 3 for 1 trade.

#16371 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

I think only way I’d get rid of mine would be for a 2 for 1 or 3 for 1 trade.

If there really selling at 20k you likely have 2 plus NIB LE's for 1.

#16372 3 years ago
Quoted from Mrsiyufy:

Looks like another one might hit the market.

Actually considering it. I thought they were typos.

Edit:
I actually called Jack today! He answered right away (we had spoken before) and I asked him if he’d seen these prices. He said he had heard, and asked me if I could believe it. I basically offered to order enough new LEs to make it worthwhile to remake (we reminisced about him doing the same thing on lotr le). He told me they have 3000 back ordered gnr. He said they probably won’t ever run potc again. He estimated the chance at 20%. He did say he has the license for another year so there’s always a chance, but he doesn’t think so!! It was a crazy call!

So, I’m keeping potc. Don’t want to risk not having one.

#16373 3 years ago
Quoted from Jecco74:

Same here... It's not going anywhere anytime soon. I am a below average player. Took up pinball in 2020. By time I get good enough to beat it, the code will be out...

Took up pinball super amazingly so, you mean! Like, daaaaaaaaamn!

#16374 3 years ago
Quoted from paynemic:

Yes, I'd regret it deeply unless it was life-changing money. Buy me a Tesla Roadster money. And I'd still be sad afterward.

#16375 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Yes, I'd regret it deeply unless it was life-changing money. Buy me a Tesla Roadster money. And I'd still be sad afterward.

You already sold a POTC right? So you get to have your cake and have eaten it too!

I want to never say never, it’s a damn nice game but I do like that new GNR a lot...

#16376 3 years ago
Quoted from paynemic:

Edit:
I actually called Jack today! He answered right away (we had spoken before) and I asked him if he’d seen these prices. He said he had heard, and asked me if I could believe it. I basically offered to order enough new LEs to make it worthwhile to remake (we reminisced about him doing the same thing on lotr le). He told me they have 3000 back ordered gnr. He said they probably won’t ever run potc again. He estimated the chance at 20%. He did say he has the license for another year so there’s always a chance, but he doesn’t think so!! It was a crazy call!

Oh that’s pretty interesting! Great information.

#16377 3 years ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

You already sold a POTC right? So you get to have your cake and have eaten it too!
I want to never say never, it’s a damn nice game but I do like that new GNR a lot...

I sold two LEs. I broke even between the two of them, no profit overall.

I wish I would have kept them folded up and stored, would be a nice quick 50k!

#16378 3 years ago

Added another mermaid to my POTC today. Cause one just wasn't enough!

20210211_084507_resized (resized).jpg20210211_084507_resized (resized).jpg

20210211_084551_resized (resized).jpg20210211_084551_resized (resized).jpg

#16379 3 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

[quoted image]
[quoted image]

That one look good, where did you get it?

#16380 3 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Where did you get the piece covering the maelstrom switch holes?

#16381 3 years ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

Oh that’s pretty interesting! Great information.

I thought so too! He was giving tons of info. I was tempted to ask about new potc code, but I felt like that was too sensitive.

#16382 3 years ago
Quoted from paynemic:

Edit:

Did Jack really talk to you? He just picked up the phone? haha

Seriously, that's the most conclusive no pirates I have heard from him ever. That basically means no chance in hell although I am surprised they still have the license.

If that's truly it, POTC will go to 30k and higher. I'm calling it right now.

How many made - 1k? Top 5 of all time prob (per pinside), last of the true JJP games with amazing code, layout, toys, etc.

I was almost going to list mine b/c 20k is 20k BUT I realized what am I going to do with it? Buy more pinball and then I would just miss the damn game haha.

btw - 3k backordered GnR is HUGE. Wow. congrats JJP. They really might run out of LEs or come very close.

#16384 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

How many made - 1k?

Yup, 200 CE, 650 LE and 150 SE.

#16385 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Did Jack really talk to you? He just picked up the phone? haha
Seriously, that's the most conclusive no pirates I have heard from him ever. That basically means no chance in hell although I am surprised they still have the license.
If that's truly it, POTC will go to 30k and higher. I'm calling it right now.
How many made - 1k? Top 5 of all time prob (per pinside), last of the true JJP games with amazing code, layout, toys, etc.
I was almost going to list mine b/c 20k is 20k BUT I realized what am I going to do with it? Buy more pinball and then I would just miss the damn game haha.
btw - 3k backordered GnR is HUGE. Wow. congrats JJP. They really might run out of LEs or come very close.

Yep! Just picked up his phone and chatted with me for 5 minutes or so. Very informative. Nice guy.

#16386 3 years ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

Yup, 200 CE, 650 LE and 150 SE.

Yeah.....People paying close to 20 for GnR ce and that's a game where you can always get the LE

Pirates you can't even get and people are surprised at the pricing.....30k by 22 Christmas

#16387 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Yeah.....People paying close to 20 for GnR ce and that's a game where you can always get the LE
Pirates you can't even get and people are surprised at the pricing.....30k by 22 Christmas

That’s just hype. Hype dies off.

I’m sure the new JJP hype plus the furor over the GNR price hike (which I am sure is just to curb demand a little and help JJP catch up) is what’s driving the price jumps. I would be very surprised if they endure.

That said if anyone has 20K dying to be spent and wants the RAREST version of POTC HMU, huh??

#16388 3 years ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

That’s just hype. Hype dies off.
I’m sure the new JJP hype plus the furor over the GNR price hike (which I am sure is just to curb demand a little and help JJP catch up) is what’s driving the price jumps. I would be very surprised if they endure.
That said if anyone has 20K dying to be spent and wants the RAREST version of POTC HMU, huh??

Jesus, wtf has this hobby become?

I grew up being contented to hang with buds and toss quarters in. I don't think I'm much of a fan of the home market, frankly. It's pretty grotesque and takes away from what felt like an incredible escape as a teen. Owning shit at stupid prices isn't really an interest to me.

Each day, a $5500 JP2 becomes far, far more sane. Sadly. And I really don't care for Stern stuff often.

#16389 3 years ago

Taking you to pound town! Or I got your money punk! Cheap ass downed just like stren just a dumb ass machinrvforvthebaheep

#16390 3 years ago
Quoted from Gunnut40:

Taking you to pound town! Or I got your money punk! Cheap ass downed just like stren just a dumb ass machinrvforvthebaheep

What he said!!!!

#16391 3 years ago

Ha ha! Terry would of loved that drunken post! I’m back boys and girls. Nonsense incoming.

#16392 3 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

I grew up being contented to hang with buds and toss quarters in. I don't think I'm much of a fan of the home market, frankly. It's pretty grotesque and takes away from what felt like an incredible escape as a teen. Owning shit at stupid prices isn't really an interest to me.

You are lucky enough to own a Pirates and were able to spend $10k+ for a large toy for your home. Enjoy it and don't get so worked up. Nothing earth shattering has really changed with pinball prices. You need to put things in perspective. 10 years ago people were bitching about $6k machines and 'oh the sky is falling, the bubble will burst!'. There's been a variety of titles that trade for over $20k for a looooong time, but you don't need to own even a single one of those games (most people don't!) to enjoy the hobby. You also don't need to be rich so much as patient and dedicated. Get some games you like that you can afford and eventually you'll run out of space. Keep trading up a little bit at a time or trade 2 for 1 to get there. The fact that pins don't lose much value, or even gain value, is what makes collecting affordable for us peons.

#16393 3 years ago

Just wait till $15 minimum wage ( I hope not ) machines will double in price over night. I’m not saying I’m not open to raising the minimum wage but doubling it would do no good. Pinball machines as far as i know have always been expensive. Weren’t data east of the 90’s like 3k or something. Gas was well under a buck a gallon. Now gas is 2-3 bucks a gallon and pins are well 9k. It’s called inflation

#16394 3 years ago
Quoted from Betelgeuse:

You are lucky enough to own a Pirates and were able to spend $10k+ for a large toy for your home. Enjoy it and don't get so worked up. Nothing earth shattering has really changed with pinball prices. You need to put things in perspective. 10 years ago people were bitching about $6k machines and 'oh the sky is falling, the bubble will burst!'. There's been a variety of titles that trade for over $20k for a looooong time, but you don't need to own even a single one of those games (most people don't!) to enjoy the hobby. You also don't need to be rich so much as patient and dedicated. Get some games you like that you can afford and eventually you'll run out of space. Keep trading up a little bit at a time or trade 2 for 1 to get there. The fact that pins don't lose much value, or even gain value, is what makes collecting affordable for us peons.

This is exactly how I did it. Let me tell details. A long time ago I bought STTNG for 1900. I put a little time and parts into it but it was pretty much working 100% when I bought it. Several years later I bought a B/W Corvette 100% working for $2500. Mostly all I did to it was rebuild flippers, new rubbers, etc. Fast forward another year and I traded both those games for a NIB Tron pro. Fast forward many more years and I sold the Tron pro for $6500. I sold it specifically to raise money for POTC. Took that 6500, added 3k and got POTC SE for 9500. I don't think even stupid money could get me to part with it.

#16395 3 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

I don't think even stupid money could get me to part with it.

I'd have a pretty hard time saying no if someone offered me 20k for my LE. I love the game, but that's a LOT of money.

#16396 3 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

Each day, a $5500 JP2 becomes far, far more sane. Sadly. And I really don't care for Stern stuff often.

Hey Wesman, I hear you. I grew up in the arcade scene of the 80s and 90s, and bought my first pinball machine (a $900 Judge Dredd) around 15 years back when it was looking like pinball was on the way out and all my local pin haunts got rid of their games... through that purchase I discovered RGP and pinball shows and the fact that pinball was still very much alive... at home!

As far as what happened? I think it’s simple. We grew up. Got hitched. Bought $400k+ houses, $80k trucks. Maybe raised kids and sent them off. Built businesses or climbed the ladder at work. You made it. You had disposable income to drop on games (or you’re an op, lol) and decided you know what?? PINBALL!

But after doing all that dropping 6k - $10k on something you like (and even better will hold some value) is actually pretty kinda nice. I just bought $6000 worth of appliances I promise won’t be worth shit in 10 years, lol.

And if you haven’t hit that point in your life or you’re on your way there still, there are still games you can get into sub 2k, maybe even less... as well as other ways to be a part of pinball like shows, leagues and even Pinside.

Worse comes to worse in pinball, if you cannot afford that dream game or just don’t feel like spending the cash hey, maybe you find it in a bar for a buck a play, or one of your pin bros picks it up and you play it at his place, right?

#16397 3 years ago
Quoted from attack7777:

I'd have a pretty hard time saying no if someone offered me 20k for my LE. I love the game, but that's a LOT of money.

That’s kind of my dilemma, don’t really want to get rid of and don’t really want the cash but if I was able to find the right trade for a couple games where it was a one stop trade deal id probably do it.

#16398 3 years ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

Looks like 14 for sale right now. Who is actually paying that money? There can't be enough buyers to sustain this price.

#16399 3 years ago
Quoted from Time:

Looks like 14 for sale right now. Who is actually paying that money? There can't be enough buyers to sustain this price.

Sure there is, some would rather have a POTC than 3-4 other pins scattered over a couple a months. Shit, there’s people on here that buy every single game released.

#16400 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

there’s people on here that buy every single game released.

But they aren't in the market because they already own one.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
There are 18,810 posts in this topic. You are on page 328 of 377.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-pirates-of-the-caribbean-official-owners-and-fan-club/page/328?hl=wesman and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.