(Topic ID: 200141)

JJP Pirates of the Caribbean Official Owners and Fan Club!

By goren1818

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 18,875 posts
  • 633 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 19 hours ago by Mrsiyufy
  • Topic is favorited by 284 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
20240330_165232 (resized).jpg
POTC_Mods_annotated (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2024-03-29 at 12.02.54 PM (resized).png
17117301082711484468150429261795 (resized).jpg
20240329_160033 (resized).jpg
431321214_1110342276953195_8816628931148154685_n (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223442061 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223435586 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240204_044856660.MP (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240203-170723 (resized).png
PXL_20240128_214506994 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240128_224833483.MP (resized).jpg
IMG_0980 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0982 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0981 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

20 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,875 posts in this topic. You are on page 327 of 378.
#16301 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I must have been, because I didn't realize this was the POTC thread not the Guns thread. I have no idea what my CE number is.

Bahahahaha!!

#16302 3 years ago

Chuuhh, CE

#16303 3 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

For instance, getting multiple successful canon shots during Curse of the Black Pearl MB is really tough.

That's an understatement. It's damn near impossible IMO. I've accomplished it once, and I had to sacrifice all my other balls in play to do it. Getting multiple successful shots? How the heck did you pull that off?

#16304 3 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

That's an understatement. It's damn near impossible IMO. I've accomplished it once, and I had to sacrifice all my other balls in play to do it. Getting multiple successful shots? How the heck did you pull that off?

I've only done it a handful of times ever. Most of those were luck as it just happened to fire the canon at the right time to score the SJP.

#16305 3 years ago

If someone is interested in a HMS mod from the art of pinball pm me.
Still in box, never used/installed.

#16306 3 years ago

I just lost in Liar's Dice by calling the computer a liar with his bid of EIGHT 2's?!?!

I was playing Davy Jones for fun so I was trying harder for Liar's Dice. I played it 4 times with a 5th lit. Won twice, lost twice. Both times I lost in Liar's Dice I was playing for an EB too, so not only did I lose and not get an EB, I lost my current ball there on the spot. In one hand I had FIVE 2's in my hand. Computer bid one 2. Bidding gets up to EIGHT 2's with a bid by the computer. I figure, I have 5, no way he has 3 more so I call him a liar. I lose, he had 3 more...couldn't believe it. I've never had the bidding get up that high ever. Crazy.

#16307 3 years ago

Liars dice algorithm has always felt weird to me. Almost like it’s in a set pattern

#16308 3 years ago

So POTC has been wrapped up for a few months while we finished our basement. We opened her back up last night. After playing GNR, my god how different of an experience it felt. I thought the plunger was stuck because I have been playing the hell out of GNR where the plunge is far less powerful. One of my kids literally said that POTC looks "empty" compared to GNR. While not true, I can see why...going from widebody>standard, much faster pace, lights/artwork etc.

It didn't take too long to get back into it but its crazy going from GNR and POTC. I think they complement each other so well because they are just totally different experiences. Kudos again to Eric and JJP for building two fantastic and utterly different pinball experiences!

#16309 3 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

I was playing for an EB too, so not only did I lose and not get an EB, I lost my current ball there on the spot.

Happened to me too. And if it's your last ball, it's Game Over. They need to make Liar's Dice favor the player a bit more.

At least for EB, it'd be better to have it that if you win, you win. And if you lose, you don't win but nothing is lost.

The computer is never fooled with a deliberately misleading call. There is no bluffing. The algorithm does not match real life Liar's Dice.

#16310 3 years ago
Quoted from Galooch:

So POTC has been wrapped up for a few months while we finished our basement. We opened her back up last night. After playing GNR, my god how different of an experience it felt. I thought the plunger was stuck because I have been playing the hell out of GNR where the plunge is far less powerful. One of my kids literally said that POTC looks "empty" compared to GNR. While not true, I can see why...going from widebody>standard, much faster pace, lights/artwork etc.
It didn't take too long to get back into it but its crazy going from GNR and POTC. I think they complement each other so well because they are just totally different experiences. Kudos again to Eric and JJP for building two fantastic and utterly different pinball experiences!

POTC looks empty compared to GnR? whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat?

Oh kids said that.....ok. I'll pass on making any comments haha

I own GnR- the lights trick you into thinking there is a lot. There sadly isn't.

#16311 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

I own GnR- the lights trick you into thinking there is a lot. There sadly isn't.

POTC is a much much better shooting game, empty? That made me laugh too.

They put so much shit in that game that it’s likely part of the reason they stopped making them.

#16312 3 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

I just lost in Liar's Dice by calling the computer a liar with his bid of EIGHT 2's?!?!
I was playing Davy Jones for fun so I was trying harder for Liar's Dice. I played it 4 times with a 5th lit. Won twice, lost twice. Both times I lost in Liar's Dice I was playing for an EB too, so not only did I lose and not get an EB, I lost my current ball there on the spot. In one hand I had FIVE 2's in my hand. Computer bid one 2. Bidding gets up to EIGHT 2's with a bid by the computer. I figure, I have 5, no way he has 3 more so I call him a liar. I lose, he had 3 more...couldn't believe it. I've never had the bidding get up that high ever. Crazy.

Liar Dice is unpredictable, I have seen the computer with 5 2's .... I also have seen the computer bidding on 2 3's where in reality he has no 3's in hands!

#16313 3 years ago

I was just checking the JJP site to confirm the GnR price increase and noticed that all three versions of Pirates are still listed and tagged as "Out of Stock", while GnR SE and CE, and Wonka SE and LE are listed as "Sold Out". So I guess JJP is just waiting to restock Pirates

Also and unrelated, does anyone else find the smiley face icon on this site looks a bit creepy?

#16314 3 years ago
Quoted from arzoo:

I was just checking the JJP site to confirm the GnR price increase and noticed that all three versions of Pirates are still listed and tagged as "Out of Stock", while GnR SE and CE, and Wonka SE and LE are listed as "Sold Out". So I guess JJP is just waiting to restock Pirates

Yes, but directly under 'Price: Out of Stock' it says 'Stock Availability: Sold Out – Contact Local Distributors'.

#16315 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Quoted from Psw757:

They put so much shit in that game that it’s likely part of the reason they stopped making them.

Totally agree but they obviously meant the frantic nature of GNR and how fast it is in comparison. Pinheads like us appreciate the difference and have our own definitions and “regular” folks see the pace and “in your face” nature of GNR and just love the experience. I wouldn’t say there are any “tricks” involved with GNR when the fun factor for casuals are clearly off the charts!

With that said, both are getting plenty of love and neither will be leaving any time soon. I feel pretty fortunate to have made two great pinball decisions to date. Already counting the days for Eric’s next one.

#16317 3 years ago

Walter Day is doing another set of video game / pinball nostalgia trading cards and I was lucky enough to get the honor of representing all us Pirates fans on the card for JJP POTC. It was fun and I'm sure it's the only time I'll ever find myself on a trading card for anything so I'm glad I did it.
jtjpirates (resized).jpgjtjpirates (resized).jpg

#16318 3 years ago
Quoted from Betelgeuse:

Yes, but directly under 'Price: Out of Stock' it says 'Stock Availability: Sold Out – Contact Local Distributors'.

Curious if you believe they will make more Pirates given all the demand? They have had so many various WOZ editions it is hard to keep track. I personally think they will release a 'special' new version and charge at a couple thousand more than last time. Similar to the Yellow Brick Road WOZ. What do you think?

#16319 3 years ago
Quoted from brickbuilder14:

Curious if you believe they will make more Pirates given all the demand? They have had so many various WOZ editions it is hard to keep track. I personally think they will release a 'special' new version and charge at a couple thousand more than last time. Similar to the Yellow Brick Road WOZ. What do you think?

woz they could get the license. They only had potc for a year so would have to get it back again. Not likely

#16320 3 years ago

EDIT 2 - Unbelievable, I found the SOB
Stuck behind the rubber on the right slingshot

EDIT - still can't find ball, but not under apron

I am absolutely bewildered. Having a great game, and after all the balls drain on a multi ball, I am 1 ball short. I have SEARCHED EVERYWHERE (bottom of cab, under and on the playfield), with a high powered flashlight. When I lift the playfield, I think I can hear the ball, making a slight sound when the play field is vertical being moved back and forth..

I want to look under the apron, where I can't see with the flashlight.

I have removed 6 screws, but it is still attached somehow over by the shooter rod.

So, two questions.

1. How do I remove the apron? I just need to push it forward with a little muscle to remove, ball is not there.

2. Any ideas on where the ball could be hidden out of sight?

Thanks

IMG_0161 (resized).jpgIMG_0161 (resized).jpg
#16321 3 years ago
Quoted from tourney9000:

How do I remove the apron?

Turn game off. Lift playfield up and pull forward and lean on front of the cabinet. Two screws on front of apron. Remove them. Push apron forward, two clips secure the playfield side.

Quoted from tourney9000:

Any ideas on where the ball could be hidden out of sight?

Under apron ? Under a plastic some where ? On top rear of rocking playfield ? Bottom of the cabinet ?

LTG : )

#16322 3 years ago
Quoted from brickbuilder14:

I used to think there would be another run, but these days i'm not so sure. It may be a little too far in the rear-view mirror. I think that getting all of the parts needed for a smaller run would be difficult. Renewing the licensing could also be more tricky than with WOZ. Disney and Depp have been on the outs for a while now. They aren't currently promoting the brand. I saw an old interview with Jack where he talked about how they coudn't get Chow Yun Fat to agree to be in the game. If any of the 22 actors doesn't want to sign over rights to their image again, that complicates things even further.

There's probably still more money to be made off of new titles and a long term schedule to keep. There's about the same demand for GnR CEs right now. I can't say I'd exactly be surprised to wake up one day and find out Pirates is getting another run, but I'm not expecting it.

#16323 3 years ago

I think liars dice is all the dice. yours and theirs so entirely possible to have 8. IIRC from the film.

#16324 3 years ago
Quoted from tourney9000:

2. Any ideas on where the ball could be hidden out of sight?

Thanks

Upkicker subway under the ship? maybe something is blocking it from reaching the switch to kick it to the upper playfield?

#16325 3 years ago

Ha ha. I've seen other games on location with 2 or more balls stuck in the slingshots.

#16326 3 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

Walter Day is doing another set of video game / pinball nostalgia trading cards and I was lucky enough to get the honor of representing all us Pirates fans on the card for JJP POTC. It was fun and I'm sure it's the only time I'll ever find myself on a trading card for anything so I'm glad I did it.
[quoted image]

John, that is awesome! And with Marty, no less. Walter Day is a legend and to be associated with that is an honor.

#16327 3 years ago
Quoted from epotech:

I think liars dice is all the dice. yours and theirs so entirely possible to have 8. IIRC from the film.

It is so it's definitely possible. Just highly improbable. What are the odds of someone rolling a 5 of a kind and someone else rolling another 3 of the same kind of the same number in their hand at the same time? Not to mention then betting on the fact that I have a full five of their exact same number in my hand. I would have had to bid 9 to even have a chance at winning. The most anyone could possibly bid is 10 and the odds of rolling two 5 of a kinds of the same number at the same time are staggering.

#16328 3 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

John, that is awesome! And with Marty, no less. Walter Day is a legend and to be associated with that is an honor.

You mean the same Walter Day that is being sued for manipulating high scores for profit. True story he suppressed high scores many times over the years so that he could profit from it. For example Billy Mitchell was not the first to get a perfect pac man high score.

Video explains everything fairly well. Once upon a time Walter Day was a legend, but that time has long passed.

#16329 3 years ago

With POTC Sales now hitting north of 20k what would it take for you to part with yours? I think even if I got 25k for mine I’d regret it.

#16330 3 years ago
Quoted from Mrsiyufy:

With POTC Sales now hitting north of 20k what would it take for you to part with yours? I think even if I got 25k for mine I’d regret it.

The numbers need to get a lot bigger before I'd even consider it.

#16331 3 years ago
Quoted from Mrsiyufy:

Crazy... At this point I can sell my LE in a few years for $30K+ LOL. I would have to get a divorce to do it, its my wife's machine.

There will always be some rich guy who really wants the machine and will pay these crazy prices. I really don't see these high prices lasting forever.

#16332 3 years ago

Mine isn't going anywhere. I like it too much. There are plenty of other games that would go before this one if I needed the money/space.

#16333 3 years ago
Quoted from Mrsiyufy:

Well if someone has 20k and wants a nicely modded SE I’m their guy, lol.

#16334 3 years ago
Quoted from Jecco74:

Crazy... At this point I can sell my LE in a few years for $30K+ LOL. I would have to get a divorce to do it, its my wife's machine.
There will always be some rich guy who really wants the machine and will pay these crazy prices. I really don't see these high prices lasting forever.

When I paid $13k for my LE a few months ago the wife thought I was nuts. After playing her first game she said “this is worth $50,000” starting to look like she’s not that far off!

#16335 3 years ago

Even with these prices something drastic would have to happen for me to part with mine! POTC is by far my favorite

#16336 3 years ago

I’m always open to an offer, you just never know!

#16337 3 years ago

Had a reboot in the middle of a game, haven't had that happen in a long time. Symptom I noticed was that during a chapter lights in the lower left side of the playfield (notably the purple and red skulls) had no lights. They came back but then I think I hit DMTNT MB and the game froze and rebooted.

That brought me to my question. Sometimes DMTNT is ready but the large purple arrow doesn't light up. The lower chapter lights indicates it is ready and I can hit it and start the MB. Is this an issue that's known? Am I missing something with the gameplay?

#16338 3 years ago
Quoted from harryhoudini:

Had a reboot in the middle of a game, haven't had that happen in a long time. Symptom I noticed was that during a chapter lights in the lower left side of the playfield (notably the purple and red skulls) had no lights. They came back but then I think I hit DMTNT MB and the game froze and rebooted.
That brought me to my question. Sometimes DMTNT is ready but the large purple arrow doesn't light up. The lower chapter lights indicates it is ready and I can hit it and start the MB. Is this an issue that's known? Am I missing something with the gameplay?

No I think you're correct. I've noticed that as well. Often that multi-ball will be ready but the only way I know is because of the indicator for all of the different movies across the bottom and not that specific shot that should be flashing.

#16339 3 years ago
Quoted from Mrsiyufy:

Maybe 17k-19k for my SE but I don’t know if I could even put myself to do it.
I know I’ll never get to own one again and it’s awesome

#16340 3 years ago

Everybody trying to cash in, they flying out of game rooms. "Mine is bolted to the floor, well unless I get fucking retarded money". this hobby is so ridiculous.

#16341 3 years ago

If you like your game and think you might want it again after you sell it.... it just doesn’t seem to make sense to sell IMO

#16342 3 years ago

Wow pirates coming out of the woodwork today for sale. Crazy stuff!

#16343 3 years ago
Quoted from Vitty:Wow pirates coming out of the woodwork today for sale. Crazy stuff!

People are bored watching Tom Brady in the Super Bowl.

#16344 3 years ago
Quoted from zermeno68:

People are bored watching Tom Brady in the Super Bowl.

I’m bored with Tom

#16345 3 years ago
Quoted from harryhoudini:

Keep an eye on those reboots, in case they increase in frequency.

For me the root cause was a failing power supply.
I found that spamming the knocker in coil test was able to reproduce the reboot reliably (and confirm the fix after replacing the supply.)

#16346 3 years ago

I had a reset in the middle of a game yesterday. First or second time ever in about 2300 games.

#16347 3 years ago
Quoted from woody76:

Everybody trying to cash in, they flying out of game rooms. "Mine is bolted to the floor, well unless I get fucking retarded money". this hobby is so ridiculous.

You can get 3-4 really good games for that kind of money and variety is the spice of life.

The more of these I see the more tempted I get.

#16348 3 years ago

My LE is my favorite game in the man cave. Chest mod and Liors Dauntless mods are about all I have done, but geez. If these prices hit 25-30K, I may bless a new home with this.

#16349 3 years ago

EDIT: jjPotC Tibetan Breeze cooling kit tester position filled. Thanks!

#16350 3 years ago

Seems that my auto-launcher has started playing tricks. I search the forum and apparently it is suggested to move the auto-launcher, pinch the auto-launcher forks, tie the coil firmly in its place and also to use these tiny rubber dots that one puts in e.g. cupboard doors. But was there ever a generally accepted "best solution" for the auto-launcher occasionally not being able to shoot the ball up the ramp?

Thanks for any info!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Vernon, BC
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 19.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Wanted
$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 41.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 18,875 posts in this topic. You are on page 327 of 378.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-pirates-of-the-caribbean-official-owners-and-fan-club/page/327?hl=evh347 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.