(Topic ID: 200141)

JJP Pirates of the Caribbean Official Owners and Fan Club!

By goren1818

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 18,885 posts
  • 633 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 47 hours ago by Buzzie
  • Topic is favorited by 284 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pirates2 (resized).jpg
IMG_2296 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2297 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2298 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2299 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2301 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2300 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
20240330_165232 (resized).jpg
POTC_Mods_annotated (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2024-03-29 at 12.02.54 PM (resized).png
17117301082711484468150429261795 (resized).jpg
20240329_160033 (resized).jpg
431321214_1110342276953195_8816628931148154685_n (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223442061 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223435586 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

20 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,885 posts in this topic. You are on page 326 of 378.
#16251 3 years ago

Just got my dauntless railing from the Mod couple. Does this look right? Doesn't seem to line up correctly

20210128_192251 (resized).jpg20210128_192251 (resized).jpg20210128_192258 (resized).jpg20210128_192258 (resized).jpg

#16252 3 years ago
Quoted from Butch2099:

Just got my dauntless railing from the Mod couple. Does this look right? Doesn't seem to line up correctly

It's not a perfect fit. Also, if you think about it, there should not be any railing on the far left side since the ship is kinda angled in the corner. The bow is also pointed a bit wrong. But overall the illusion works!

#16253 3 years ago

Anyone know who to contact at JJP for parts? I've emailed them, submitted on online message, and left a phone message with Barry E, but not a single response.

#16254 3 years ago
Quoted from arzoo:

Anyone know who to contact at JJP for parts? I've emailed them, submitted on online message, and left a phone message with Barry E, but not a single response.

They are understaffed with guys out with covid... Give him a day or two and send another email... They always get back to me eventually.

#16255 3 years ago
Quoted from arzoo:

Anyone know who to contact at JJP for parts?

Nate

LTG : )

#16257 3 years ago

Picking up potc tomorrow! Super excited to join the club. Tomorrow can’t get here fast enough

#16258 3 years ago

Ok I need help! I guess I was in a time warp and did know all the issues with POTC. Until yesterday first issue i knew on opto. I read a lot posts on the 300 plus pages. Seems early fixes did not work. I do have little chipping at the sling post. What is the most current belief and method on fixing or stopping. Where to buy the best post to cover and hide it? Washers underneath post? What other post with washers should I do? What other foxes do I need to do. May game is March 6 2019 manufacture date and is a Stanard Edition. How did JJP decide who got on a replacement playfield list? I guess I now have to go look at hobbit as I have zero issues there also.

#16259 3 years ago
Quoted from Onwallst:

Ok I need help! I guess I was in a time warp and did know all the issues with POTC. Until yesterday first issue i knew on opto. I read a lot posts on the 300 plus pages. Seems early fixes did not work. I do have little chipping at the sling post. What is the most current belief and method on fixing or stopping. Where to buy the best post to cover and hide it? Washers underneath post? What other post with washers should I do? What other foxes do I need to do. May game is March 6 2019 manufacture date and is a Stanard Edition. How did JJP decide who got on a replacement playfield list? I guess I now have to go look at hobbit as I have zero issues there also.

Double star posts hung on the bottom run with soft silicone washers worked for me.

https://www.pinballlife.com/plastic-translucent-double-star-posts-1-116-tall.html
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01DKKR3XI/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title

Which opto is giving you trouble? If it's the right opto on the Pearl, you will need to replace it also fit a plastic guard to keep it from getting bashed again. Both available from JJP.

#16260 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Double star posts hung on the bottom run with soft silicone washers worked for me.
https://www.pinballlife.com/plastic-translucent-double-star-posts-1-116-tall.html
amazon.com link »
Which opto is giving you trouble? If it's the right opto on the Pearl, you will need to replace it also fit a plastic guard to keep it from getting bashed again. Both available from JJP.

I did exactly this and it has worked for me as well. I got my washers here...
https://www.titanpinball.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=33&product_id=154

#16261 3 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

I did exactly this and it has worked for me as well. I got my washers here...
https://www.titanpinball.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=33&product_id=154

Those are good too, and are thinner. If you go with the Titan washers you can probably use regular single star posts, as you won't need the height adjustment afforded by the double stars.

#16262 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Those are good too, and are thinner. If you go with the Titan washers you can probably use regular single star posts, as you won't need the height adjustment afforded by the double stars.

Maybe that's why I get occasional airballs from the slingshots? Possibly my sling rubbers are just a fraction too low?

#16263 3 years ago

I would say to do the Yelobird fix. This will help remove any pooling and keep it from coming back. You can then use mylar rings instead of washers, so regular star posts can be used. If you have cracking - thin, water based super glue can also be used as a spot clear coat to seal it.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/diy-playfield-post-repair-and-chip-proofing-how-to-all-brands

#16264 3 years ago

Every once in a while my screen goes blank for a second then it comes back on. I just moved it from my brothers. Any advice on what I should check?

#16265 3 years ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

Every once in a while my screen goes blank for a second then it comes back on. I just moved it from my brothers. Any advice on what I should check?

Power cable to monitor and where it comes from. Turn the game off. Reseat it both ends and shove in tight. Be sure data to monitor is in tight too.

#16266 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Power cable to monitor and where it comes from. Turn the game off. Reseat it both ends and shove in tight. Be sure data to monitor is in tight too.

Thanks, it was a loose pin into he connector. Pushed in as hard as I can and seems to be working now

#16267 3 years ago

What type of leds go in the spot lights? I put comet 6.3v which I do for all my sterns and they basically melted

#16268 3 years ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

What type of leds go in the spot lights? I put comet 6.3v which I do for all my sterns and they basically melted

They are 12v. Comet sells them.

#16269 3 years ago
Quoted from Betelgeuse:

They are 12v. Comet sells them.

Ok, I’ll look, thanks!

#16270 3 years ago

Has anyone changed the cabinet hardware and legs put on their POTC SE or LE? I’m not digging the plain black armor and legs on my LE. I thought about buying the hammered bronze armor from JJP for Hobbit, but the legs are different between Hobbit and POTC so that’s a no go. I guess removing all of the cabinet hardware and having it powder coated would be the best option. If anyone has done this or has pics to share, please post, I also ordered radcals for my LE last week, so would tackle this whole project all at once.

#16271 3 years ago
Quoted from darkryder:

Has anyone changed the cabinet hardware and legs put on their POTC SE or LE? I’m not digging the plain black armor and legs on my LE. I thought about buying the hammered bronze armor from JJP for Hobbit, but the legs are different between Hobbit and POTC so that’s a no go. I guess removing all of the cabinet hardware and having it powder coated would be the best option. If anyone has done this or has pics to share, please post, I also ordered radcals for my LE last week, so would tackle this whole project all at once.

Why would the legs be different on those JJP games? Not saying they are not just wouldn't assume they are?

#16272 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Why would the legs be different on those JJP games? Not saying they are not just wouldn't assume they are?

Someone else tried installing the gold armor from The Hobbit earlier in this thread. They said that the legs on The Hobbit were shorter.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-pirates-of-the-caribbean-official-owners-and-fan-club/page/229#post-5107677

#16273 3 years ago
Quoted from darkryder:

Check my pics the powdered thread as I powdered it gold. Looks so much better IMO and is now worthy of its awesomeness

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/powder-coating-services-offered/page/50#post-5990299

#16274 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Check my pics the powdered thread as I powdered it gold. Looks so much better IMO and is now worthy of its awesomeness
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/powder-coating-services-offered/page/50#post-5990299

That looks amazing, very nice job! Did you have Robert Stone powder coat all factory hardware or just buy JJP hobbit gold vein hardware and have him powder coat your original POTC legs? I sent Robert a message, thanks for the guidance.

#16275 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

I guess JJP changed the legs, the Hobbit and WOZ legs are shorter and sit lower on the cabinet than POTC and WONKA. Strange, I know. I had to get out the measuring tape to verify myself.

#16276 3 years ago
Quoted from darkryder:

I guess JJP changed the legs, the Hobbit and WOZ legs are shorter and sit lower on the cabinet than POTC and WONKA. Strange, I know. I had to get out the measuring tape to verify myself.

Interesting didn’t know that. Might be a wide body thing.

#16277 3 years ago
Quoted from darkryder:

That looks amazing, very nice job! Did you have Robert Stone powder coat all factory hardware or just buy JJP hobbit gold vein hardware and have him powder coat your original POTC legs? I sent Robert a message, thanks for the guidance.

Thanks! He powdered the original equipment (at least I believe that was the case).

#16278 3 years ago
Quoted from Betelgeuse:

I would say to do the Yelobird fix. This will help remove any pooling and keep it from coming back. You can then use mylar rings instead of washers, so regular star posts can be used. If you have cracking - thin, water based super glue can also be used as a spot clear coat to seal it.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/diy-playfield-post-repair-and-chip-proofing-how-to-all-brands

Thanks everyone. Very helpful.

#16279 3 years ago

Should ye be ready we're getting ready to light up yer toppers. Pre-order is open for our Topper Lighting Enhancement mod. We expect to ship the first batch in 2-3 weeks.

https://pinballmods.co/pirates-of-the-caribbean-jjp/topper-flames-lighting-potc

Topper (resized).jpgTopper (resized).jpg
#16280 3 years ago
Quoted from harryhoudini:

Should ye be ready we're getting ready to light up yer toppers. Pre-order is open for our Topper Lighting Enhancement mod. We expect to ship the first batch in 2-3 weeks.
https://pinballmods.co/pirates-of-the-caribbean-jjp/topper-flames-lighting-potc

Looks great! Love how video is POTC but audio is R&M

#16281 3 years ago

Had a friend put up a GC on my game. His goal was to just reach a mini wizard mode but almost played them all.

He picked Tia Dalma and methodically went through each of the colored chapters in order from left to right. He successfully manually selected, even during multiballs.

He played 4 mini wizard modes in all, one by one, and was half way through his final (5th) when he tilted the game.

He won every blue chapter of On Strangers Tide along the way. His score wasn't all that high in the end.

The mini wizard modes were semi disappointing. Not coded with much excitement.

20210201_004918 (resized).jpg20210201_004918 (resized).jpg
#16282 3 years ago

wow, he almost made it to the Grand Finale!
Nice to see such great scorecard; ... so close.

#16283 3 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

Just curious how much that PCB costs?

POTC Mode & Multiball RGB LED Bd 15-000058-02
$71.90

#16284 3 years ago

Such a pitty to hear ‘the mini wizard modes were semi disappointing. Not coded with much excitement.’

I once understood that Keith hates a buy-in because you can reach the end with just some extra coins and afterwards you never want to play the game again.
Knowing this feels a bit the same to me. I’m flippin every day to reach all that excitement just to hear now that it’s not really worth it.

Looking forward to that code update!!
I have pre ordered all JJP’s except Wonka and GNR just because I was tired of waiting. And yet, feels I am still waiting.
Cheers

#16285 3 years ago
Quoted from PinPeet:

Such a pitty to hear ‘the mini wizard modes were semi disappointing. Not coded with much excitement.’

I disagree with that statement.

The green one with the Kraken tentacles and the loops to raise the gunpowder net is exciting!
The yellow one where you're traveling around and collecting gold (with amazing sound rewards) is exciting!

I haven't played the others yet.

#16286 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I disagree with that statement.
The green one with the Kraken tentacles and the loops to raise the gunpowder net is exciting!
The yellow one where you're traveling around and collecting gold (with amazing sound rewards) is exciting!
I haven't played the others yet.

I would disagree with that statement too. I've played them all before and I've played them all in one game. If I had any complaints about the mini wizard modes it would be that there should be more fanfare / information on what to do when you get there. They all should have a default point award for just reaching them because it's a big deal and not easy. They are exciting. The least exciting to me is Dead Men Tell No Tales and that is mainly because it is hard to figure out what to do. Honestly, if that was his first time playing them, I don't even know how he understood what to do and in that case, they would be less exciting. Trying to beat that Kraken with the tentacles slowly climbing the ship and tearing it apart...awesome. Collecting gold at all the shots and hearing the gold pour all over the table, especially with a big spinner rip...sweet. Hitting blue shots and avoiding red to rock the boat and make it tip over...very cool. Going 5 levels deep to find the mermaid and drink from the chalices...super difficult. The timer and the chapter points are what adds a lot of excitement to it too, because just doing what you need to do is hard enough. Putting a clock behind it makes it extremely difficult and even more of an adrenaline rush. And having a skull value for big points adds even more. It's not a big deal to be getting 1,000 points a shot, but 10,000 with potential multipliers and combos...that's a rush. All 1 ball modes, all done and your ball is over if you drain so you have to do it fast because of the timer and hit the right shots, but you can't make a mistake. So much risk vs. reward.

#16287 3 years ago

I agree with both those assessments of the POTC wizard modes. They are exciting and difficult to get to. I also agree there should be some sort of base award for achieving the modes (like 50-100K). It can be very disappointing to finally get to a wizard mode and come out on the other side with 5,000 points! And to be fair, I've had wizard modes score over 1 million and typically get 200k-600k.

#16288 3 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

I agree with both those assessments of the POTC wizard modes. They are exciting and difficult to get to. I also agree there should be some sort of base award for achieving the modes (like 50-100K). It can be very disappointing to finally get to a wizard mode and come out on the other side with 5,000 points! And to be fair, I've had wizard modes score over 1 million and typically get 200k-600k.

I believe there's a multiplier based on the number of successfully completed modes - though I can't remember the exact mechanics.

I understand the sentiment about the mini modes - they are definitely hard as HELL to get through, and they are well-designed as far as the gameplay goes - hit some specific shots, move to the next, sometimes there's a timer, sometimes there's the Kraken tentacles ( I seem to get that one a lot). But I definitely understand why someone would find them underwhelming too. From an assets standpoint, there's basically nothing from the movies at all, and the other criticisms of the game's limited asset use stand up here as well - not much music, no actual film videos, no characters used. But the modes are not "from" the movie per se, so there just *isn't* anything to use. For what they are, they're fine. I've never been able to complete one, so I don't know if there's a spectacular moment like when you kill Smaug in TH. That one is tough to beat.

#16289 3 years ago

Look, it's a great achievement to reach the mini wizard modes, but they still felt lackluster. They lack an introductory fanfare to create the excitement.

The music and lightshow didn't stand out at all. The animations reminded me of Houdini. They're fine, but they're far from amazing. Even B/W games fake shut-off and rapidly replay animations.

I love the game, but don't overstate these modes. I think the sound and video from scoring an extra ball is better than the Kraken tentacles.

Compare to music and lighting for "There and Back Again" or "Destroy the Ring" from LOTR. I can remember those. POTC mini wizard modes are not on the same level.

#16290 3 years ago
Quoted from RTS:

Look, it's a great achievement to reach the mini wizard modes, but they still felt lackluster. They lack an introductory fanfare to create the excitement.
The music and lightshow didn't stand out at all. The animations reminded me of Houdini. They're fine, but they're far from amazing. Even B/W games fake shut-off and rapidly replay animations.
I love the game, but don't overstate these modes. I think the sound and video from scoring an extra ball is better than the Kraken tentacles.
Compare to music and lighting for "There and Back Again" or "Destroy the Ring" from LOTR. I can remember those. POTC mini wizard modes are not on the same level.

Seems like nothing will ever beat "Showtime!" from TAF

#16291 3 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Seems like nothing will ever beat "Showtime!" from TAF

Yeah, exactly. JJP games need to improve the introductory fanfare.

I've started Melt The Witch more than a few times without immediately knowing it happened. They could do a better job with the visual introductions. It's better if a scoop starts the event so the ball can stop during the introduction.

#16292 3 years ago
Quoted from RTS:

I think it’s a combination of the lack of any POTC assets and the animations for those modes are a bit basic compared to the video clips you see through the game.

I thought there was some polish planned for these in the rumored update along with the grand finale among other things.

Hopefully it happens.

#16293 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

I think it’s a combination of the lack of any POTC assets and the animations for those modes are a bit basic compared to the video clips you see through the game.
I thought there was some polish planned for these in the rumored update along with the grand finale among other things.
Hopefully it happens.

It would be great to see. Last update was in very early 2019... so you know, it’s been a minute.

#16294 3 years ago

Points for wizard modes are increases 2 ways. First is by getting characters in the movies for that wizard mode. Completing the chapter gives no extra bonus that I know of. The second way is super jackpots for the associated multiball. Multiply your characters collected by your supers collected and this gives the game the baseline for how much shots score in the wizard mode. For me bad scores come from not having super jackpots for the multiplier.

#16295 3 years ago
Quoted from GnarLee:

Points for wizard modes are increases 2 ways. First is by getting characters in the movies for that wizard mode. Completing the chapter gives no extra bonus that I know of. The second way is super jackpots for the associated multiball. Multiply your characters collected by your supers collected and this gives the game the baseline for how much shots score in the wizard mode. For me bad scores come from not having super jackpots for the multiplier.

Think you hit the keys. The way I understand it (all a guess as I suck at PB and thus far only achieved 2 wizard modes in a game) is to actually Complete the individual movie modes not just achieve them. Like the 3 million score posted above yes they achieved the objective but my guess is the wizard mode scoring was minimal at best.

#16296 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Think you hit the keys. The way I understand it (all a guess as I suck at PB and thus far only achieved 2 wizard modes in a game) is to actually Complete the individual movie modes not just achieve them. Like the 3 million score posted above yes they achieved the objective but my guess is the wizard mode scoring was minimal at best.

Even with high value wizard modes, it's so easy to crap out almost instantly and score basically nothing. There has been plenty of times where I am locked and loaded, ready to play a wizard mode for good value and it's brick, brick, drain for 10,000 total points. Some of the MBs are so difficult to get SJPs in too that raising the value is even more difficult. For instance, getting multiple successful canon shots during Curse of the Black Pearl MB is really tough.

#16297 3 years ago

Anyone have CE #50 by chance?

#16298 3 years ago
Quoted from Vitty:

Anyone have CE #50 by chance?

I ended up with (Studio) 54.

#16299 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I ended up with (Studio) 54.

Don’t be doing coke off the invisiglass man.

#16300 3 years ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

Don’t be doing coke off the invisiglass man.

I must have been, because I didn't realize this was the POTC thread not the Guns thread. I have no idea what my CE number is.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Smithtown, NY
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 19.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 38.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Wanted
$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 20.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 32.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Mod Co.

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Mod Co.

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 26.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

24,999 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Frisco, TX
Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 18,885 posts in this topic. You are on page 326 of 378.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-pirates-of-the-caribbean-official-owners-and-fan-club/page/326?hl=pinballomatic and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.