(Topic ID: 200141)

JJP Pirates of the Caribbean Official Owners and Fan Club!

By goren1818

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 18,810 posts
  • 633 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 16 days ago by insight75
  • Topic is favorited by 284 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

431321214_1110342276953195_8816628931148154685_n (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223442061 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223435586 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240204_044856660.MP (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240203-170723 (resized).png
PXL_20240128_214506994 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240128_224833483.MP (resized).jpg
IMG_0980 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0982 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0981 (resized).jpeg
download (resized).jpg
IMG_6275 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6274 (resized).jpeg
8b9srv (resized).jpg
20231211_131402 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

20 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,810 posts in this topic. You are on page 325 of 377.
#16201 3 years ago

I'm speechless...

#16202 3 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

It's probably going to cost you if you can find one. It is a fantastic mod, but I still can't believe this one sold for $1800 plus $50 shipping!?!?!
ebay.com link » Jersey Jack Pinball Pirates Of The Caribbean Hms Dauntless Mod By Art Of Pinball

Crap, that’s it, I’m putting my LE up for $25K!

#16203 3 years ago
Quoted from Jecco74:

Its worth every penny... Best mod there is for POTC. I paid about $1200 for mine second hand.
It will only increase the value of your POTC.

Not worth it to me.

I think the opening and closing chest mod is better, and it doesn't cost stupid money.

#16204 3 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Crap, that’s it, I’m putting my LE up for $25K!

You were saying...

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/108460

#16205 3 years ago

#16206 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinballomatic:

Just to give some help, the motherboard that is in our GnR for example will run Pirates, the power supply is fairly standard ATX, hard drive is any 2.5" 60gb+ and you would make a full install USB stick and use the game to program the drive.

This is some great info. Thanks for that. It's good to hear that the mb is still being used for GnR. Are you able to provide any insight on the DVI monitor, as well?

(...and I am not panicking. lol. I just like working on my own games and I think this information will be useful to the community. If this is common knowledge to other pinsiders, I wasn't able to find it documented anywhere.)

#16208 3 years ago

Never installed LMK if you are interested. I will post in market later today

pirate 1 (resized).jpgpirate 1 (resized).jpgpirate 2 (resized).jpgpirate 2 (resized).jpg
#16209 3 years ago

someone is going to get a really nice mod!!

#16210 3 years ago
Quoted from heni1977:

someone is going to get a really nice mod!!

It's kinda funny to me that mods are now numbered with certifications to create collectibilty hype.

#16211 3 years ago
Quoted from RTS:

It's kinda funny to me that mods are now numbered with certifications to create collectibilty hype.

Have you seen in person one of Lior's mods? It is amazing and is art that well deserves to be numbered along with a certificate. Plus Lior doesn't need to do anything to generate hype. The mods do that all on their own

#16212 3 years ago
Quoted from RTS:

Not worth it to me.
I think the opening and closing chest mod is better, and it doesn't cost stupid money.

I completely agree.

#16213 3 years ago
Quoted from Jecco74:

Its worth every penny... Best mod there is for POTC. I paid about $1200 for mine second hand.
It will only increase the value of your POTC.

No way it increases the value for at least what you paid...seriously, no way.

#16214 3 years ago
Quoted from RTS:

Not worth it to me.

I think they are both equally nice, but The HMS is $500 cool not $1200 cool.

How much was the HMS from lior?

#16215 3 years ago
Quoted from Heater:

Have you seen in person one of Lior's mods? It is amazing and is art that well deserves to be numbered along with a certificate. Plus Lior doesn't need to do anything to generate hype. The mods do that all on their own

Oh yes, the mod looks very nice, but at these resale prices, that’s just silly money being thrown around. If you’ve got to have it, knock yourself out of course.

#16216 3 years ago
Quoted from JoinTheCirqus:

Oh yes, the mod looks very nice, but at these resale prices, that’s just silly money being thrown around. If you’ve got to have it, knock yourself out of course.

True it is crazy money, but my response was about the numbering of the piece The pieces are well made with incredible attention to detail.

#16217 3 years ago

Yeah, he numbers the ones that are legitimate limited runs vs the ones he makes until no more orders come in. He could easily sell more HMS mods, but he chose to move onto new projects instead. I don't think it adds any extra value, but it is still kinda cool.

#16218 3 years ago

Where is the code update?

Its been ages since it was in beta!

Yeah I know Covid got in the way, but really.

#16219 3 years ago
Quoted from jrawlinson_2000:

$$$$$ = GnR

Discontinued game that brings in no more $$$$ = POTC

I'll be happy to get anything at this point. That being said, it's pretty stacked but I too hope to get something soon!

#16220 3 years ago
Quoted from jrawlinson_2000:

Getting to almost be 2 years. Supposedly it was delayed more because of the Bluetooth/wifi update than Covid, but at this point... I'd really like to see some of the bugs fixed (like ball search!)

#16221 3 years ago

I'm watchmaker. I observed an anachronism with the watch. It's an early watch 20th. And not manufactured during 18th century. It's doesn't matter! I like the fact that when the tilt is active, the watch with its chain moves fast. It's funny!
P1050752 (resized).JPGP1050752 (resized).JPG

#16222 3 years ago
Quoted from TICTAC:

I'm watchmaker. I observed an anachronism with the watch. It's an early watch 20th. And not manufactured during 18th century. It's doesn't matter! I like the fact that when the tilt is active, the watch with its chain moves fast. It's funny!
[quoted image]

Always amazed by the little details they added. Find something new every time.

#16223 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Me too! I'm going straight home to just tilt it so I can see it!

#16224 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Another detail: When a ball is on the black pearl. The leds on the playfield are all bleue and white. Like the sea!

#16225 3 years ago

Is Jersey Jack still selling the backglass? I’m not seeing a replacement backglass on their website.

#16226 3 years ago
Quoted from Green-Machine:

Is Jersey Jack still selling the backglass? I’m not seeing a replacement backglass on their website.

I'd open a ticket or call them!

#16227 3 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

I'd open a ticket or call them!

Thanks! I’m waiting to hear back now.

#16228 3 years ago
Quoted from Heater:

True it is crazy money, but my response was about the numbering of the piece The pieces are well made with incredible attention to detail.

The costs may become more reasonable. Matt at Backalley Creations made an HMS topper for the original game that didn't make it into production. He told me that he needs to get it ready for production to get out there. Now his GnR sculpts are being copied. Glad to see Matt is planning to do his original version for the owners. If you guys are familiar with his work, you know the quality.

#16229 3 years ago
Quoted from dts:

The costs may become more reasonable. Matt at Backalley Creations made an HMS topper for the original game that didn't make it into production. He told me that he needs to get it ready for production to get out there. Now his GnR sculpts are being copied. Glad to see Matt is planning to do his original version for the owners. If you guys are familiar with his work, you know the quality.

Count me in for an “HMS topper”

#16230 3 years ago
Quoted from Mrsiyufy:

Count me in for an “HMS topper”

Me too! Do you know if he posted any pics of the original?

#16231 3 years ago
Quoted from Heater:

Me too! Do you know if he posted any pics of the original?

I can’t find any, I emailed them this morning- I’ll post if I receive an update

#16232 3 years ago

Anyone know where I think it was "Ship Target Switch" #48 is on the playfield? I got a stuck switch message today from that one. Game seemed to play fine though, so I may have cleared it.

#16233 3 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

Anyone know where I think it was "Ship Target Switch" #48 is on the playfield? I got a stuck switch message today from that one. Game seemed to play fine though, so I may have cleared it.

Has it been a while since you sank the Dauntless?

#16234 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Has it been a while since you sank the Dauntless?

I didn't think that long, but I guess it could have been. My kids had been playing some games with their friends and I don't think I have seen them ever do it, so that could have been. I know I sunk it a few times in the game I played today, so hopefully all good.

#16235 3 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

Very common on mine if you don’t hit the dauntless for a few games. in switch test mode just give the ship a good shake or toss a ball in the hole.

#16236 3 years ago

Would anyone be interested in this if we produced it? Was playing around with something other than just flickering white for my topper. Right now I have the whole lower strip acting as "flames" and the left printed flame is backlit with flames as well. Hard to get good lighting holding it like this but I can take some more video and write some decent code if this were of interest. I'm just gonna tinker with it on my own time if no one else cares.

#16237 3 years ago
Quoted from harryhoudini:

Would anyone be interested in this if we produced it? Was playing around with something other than just flickering white for my topper. Right now I have the whole lower strip acting as "flames" and the left printed flame is backlit with flames as well. Hard to get good lighting holding it like this but I can take some more video and write some decent code if this were of interest. I'm just gonna tinker with it on my own time if no one else cares.

Left flame is looking really good there. Depending on price I would like that topper to be a bit more “animated”

#16238 3 years ago
Quoted from paynemic:

Left flame is looking really good there. Depending on price I would like that topper to be a bit more “animated”

Seems like it does a decent enough job even without the flame backlighting (right flame looks good). Wouldn't be too much, just a lighting strip and microcontroller and some connectors. I'm going to mess with doing it in the backbox too. Maybe even under cabinet.

#16239 3 years ago
Quoted from harryhoudini:

Seems like it does a decent enough job even without the flame backlighting (right flame looks good). Wouldn't be too much, just a lighting strip and microcontroller and some connectors. I'm going to mess with doing it in the backbox too. Maybe even under cabinet.

I’d buy one.

#16240 3 years ago

Now that I got an HMS mod, I also want to get a opening/closing treasure chest, can someone point me out to the best and easiest to install mod for this? Also I want to add some color flipper buttons and under cab lighting for my CE, what colors you guys suggest matches the best?
Thanks

#16241 3 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Now that I got an HMS mod, I also want to get a opening/closing treasure chest, can someone point me out to the best and easiest to install mod for this? Also I want to add some color flipper buttons and under cab lighting for my CE, what colors you guys suggest matches the best?
Thanks

https://pinballmods.co/

#16242 3 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

I also want to get a opening/closing treasure chest, can someone point me out to the best and easiest to install mod for this?

There's really only one treasure chest mod. It's just had some revisions along the way. There is a lighted and un-lit version.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1202-pinball-mod-co/02711-pinballj-s-actuated-chest-mod-jjp-potc

(same as above)

#16243 3 years ago

Just noticed that a group of LEDs are not lighting; AWE Wizard Mode, AWE Multiball, Shoot Again, Tilt Warn 1, Tilt Warn 2, and the Action Button. Looking through the manual, these are all controlled on the Multiball RGB LED Bd, P2 15-000058-02. Other LEDs on that board are fine. The group that is out is specifically controlled by the U201 chip. So, since the other two PCU chips on the board (and LEDs controlled by them) are working, it would seem like just the one chip is bad, or maybe the one capacitor for the 5v to the chip? I'm guessing I need to contact JJP and just order an entire new board? Anyone else ever have any experience with something like this?

Btw, the POTC manual is fantastic!

Edit: I pulled the board and other than the two caps, there's nothing that can be replaced by any human lol. Looks like I'll just have to purchase a new board.

#16244 3 years ago
Quoted from arzoo:

Just noticed that a group of LEDs are not lighting; AWE Wizard Mode, AWE Multiball, Shoot Again, Tilt Warn 1, Tilt Warn 2, and the Action Button. Looking through the manual, these are all controlled on the Multiball RGB LED Bd, P2 15-000058-02. Other LEDs on that board are fine. The group that is out is specifically controlled by the U201 chip. So, since the other two PCU chips on the board (and LEDs controlled by them) are working, it would seem like just the one chip is bad, or maybe the one capacitor for the 5v to the chip? I'm guessing I need to contact JJP and just order an entire new board? Anyone else ever have any experience with something like this?
Btw, the POTC manual is fantastic!
Edit: I pulled the board and other than the two caps, there's nothing that can be replaced by any human lol. Looks like I'll just have to purchase a new board.

Just curious how much that PCB costs?

#16245 3 years ago

#WherestheCode

#16246 3 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

Just curious how much that PCB costs?

I'll let you know when I find out from JJP.

#16247 3 years ago

I finally started 3 Wizard modes in a single game! 5.2 million. The only reason I didn't beat my GC was one of the wizard modes I scored 5000 points. LOL

#16248 3 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

I finally started 3 Wizard modes in a single game! 5.2 million. The only reason I didn't beat my GC was one of the wizard modes I scored 5000 points. LOL

Nice! Which character did you play ?

#16249 3 years ago
Quoted from ellips6:

Nice! Which character did you play ?

Henry Turner!

#16250 3 years ago

awesome !

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 38.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.
Other
$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC
Decorations
There are 18,810 posts in this topic. You are on page 325 of 377.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-pirates-of-the-caribbean-official-owners-and-fan-club/page/325 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.