(Topic ID: 200141)

JJP Pirates of the Caribbean Official Owners and Fan Club!

By goren1818

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 18,868 posts
  • 633 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 24 hours ago by gunstarhero
  • Topic is favorited by 284 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240330_165232 (resized).jpg
POTC_Mods_annotated (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2024-03-29 at 12.02.54 PM (resized).png
17117301082711484468150429261795 (resized).jpg
20240329_160033 (resized).jpg
431321214_1110342276953195_8816628931148154685_n (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223442061 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223435586 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240204_044856660.MP (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240203-170723 (resized).png
PXL_20240128_214506994 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240128_224833483.MP (resized).jpg
IMG_0980 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0982 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0981 (resized).jpeg
download (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

20 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,868 posts in this topic. You are on page 324 of 378.
#16151 3 years ago
Quoted from FryDaddy:

Ok played the game again and I see why I bought what I did. If you want this game you will have to pray it from my dead hands.

We knew where you were going with this! What you did is pretty common

#16152 3 years ago
Quoted from Dan1733:

Who here bet on primus and can crusher to get code updates before potc?
Can crusher!! So awesome....

Crappy games need love to. I think the current code on POTC plays better then those games without even turning it on.

#16153 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Crappy games need love to. I think the current code on POTC plays better then those games without even turning it on.

As a former Can Crusher owner, I can attest to this. No contest between it and JJP POTC code-wise!

That said, as opposed to POTC, Can Crusher is intended to be a simpler throwback game. It's a fun game in its own right and I'm curious as to what code improvements have now been made.

#16154 3 years ago

I expect Cosmic Carnival to also get a code update before xmas

#16155 3 years ago
Quoted from Dan1733:

Odd you say that I did get the complete code for CC! lol

#16156 3 years ago
Quoted from Dan1733:

Feels like it will get an update before POTC!

#16157 3 years ago

Quoted from Yelobird:Crappy games need love to. I think the current code on POTC plays better then those games without even turning it on.

#16158 3 years ago

Bad news: I've taken the ship off this game more times than I can count.
Good news: I've had it off so many times I can have it completely removed in 5 minutes.

Wire came off the EOS for left flipper again. I rerouted those two wires so they hopefully will last longer this time. The rocking motion of the ship bends them back and forth and they eventually break off.

Still loving this game!

#16159 3 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

Bad news: I've taken the ship off this game more times than I can count.
Good news: I've had it off so many times I can have it completely removed in 5 minutes.
Wire came off the EOS for left flipper again. I rerouted those two wires so they hopefully will last longer this time. The rocking motion of the ship bends them back and forth and they eventually break off.
Still loving this game!

Taking off is "easy". Putting back on still gives me issues.

It's just so damn loaded under that ship. Rotten overly complex, brilliant game you!!!

#16160 3 years ago

Having a little trouble fighting out a fault opto switch #70...." black pearl motor inner opto stuck open "
Anyone run into this with their game ?

#16161 3 years ago

Try cleaning the opto. Could just be a little dirty

#16162 3 years ago

My poor pirates has been down for almost a month now because I can't get a flipper transistor. Ordered from two different shops, one has yet to ship and the other shipped but it's lost in the mail, grrrr.

#16163 3 years ago
Quoted from arzoo:

My poor pirates has been down for almost a month now because I can't get a flipper transistor. Ordered from two different shops, one has yet to ship and the other shipped but it's lost in the mail, grrrr.

Wow! That is messed up!

#16164 3 years ago

Are these particular transistors hard to find now? I would have guessed GNR is still using the same parts.

#16165 3 years ago

Got the open and close Chest mod for Christmas. How easy is that to install?

#16166 3 years ago
Quoted from Butch2099:

Install? Easy. Getting it to work correctly? Damn near impossible for me. Had mine for almost a year now and I still can't get it to work correctly. I think I bought right at the tail end of the original version that was being upgraded so maybe newer versions are easier? My rod seems too big (a common problem for me ) so there is too much slack it seems no matter where I line it up. The mod is amazing and one of these days I am just going to have to start on in it again and not stop until it works because I am sick of playing the game with the chest closed.

#16167 3 years ago

I got my chest mod working on the first shot with the latest design. Though I did spend quite a bit of time trying to feed the rod through, adjust the length, and align the chest lid before I even turned it on. The biggest issue is that the instructions are all over the place because of the numerous upgrades to the parts throughout production. The newest rod design gives you more wiggle room to adjust the rod length with threads at both ends. Most people struggle with attaching the rod to the servo at the correct length and servo position, or with getting the mod switch to open/close correctly from the mechanical action of the fork diverter.

#16168 3 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

Install? Easy. Getting it to work correctly? Damn near impossible for me. Had mine for almost a year now and I still can't get it to work correctly. I think I bought right at the tail end of the original version that was being upgraded so maybe newer versions are easier? My rod seems too big (a common problem for me ) so there is too much slack it seems no matter where I line it up. The mod is amazing and one of these days I am just going to have to start on in it again and not stop until it works because I am sick of playing the game with the chest closed.

Even the original design, as sold by the PinballMod guy worked pretty well. Mine is from the version prior, which is all DIY. What's not working?

#16169 3 years ago
Quoted from GnarLee:

Try cleaning the opto. Could just be a little dirty

What are you using to clean an opto that does not leave any residue ??

#16170 3 years ago
Quoted from Butch2099:

Dive in - you'll be glad you did! Mine took a bit of time to hook up and adjust (had to trim the shaft) just right, but works perfectly and is VERY cool! The installation videos on YouTube were a bit confusing as they each only covered a portion and the product evolved since the original ones were made, but Scott at Pinball Mod Co. is very helpful if needed.

#16171 3 years ago

5000+ hou games and it's time for a bath. 2 hrs in and don't even have the Black Pearl off yet. Ooo so fun! Twitch is distracting!

20201230_143155 (resized).jpg20201230_143155 (resized).jpg20201230_143357 (resized).jpg20201230_143357 (resized).jpg20201230_145428 (resized).jpg20201230_145428 (resized).jpg
#16172 3 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

Dive in - you'll be glad you did! Mine took a bit of time to hook up and adjust (had to trim the shaft) just right, but works perfectly and is VERY cool! The installation videos on YouTube were a bit confusing as they each only covered a portion and the product evolved since the original ones were made, but Scott at Pinball Mod Co. is very helpful if needed.

How long should it take and is there a "Best" video or instructions to follow? I should have the latest version as it was just bought.

#16173 3 years ago
Quoted from Butch2099:

How long should it take and is there a "Best" video or instructions to follow? I should have the latest version as it was just bought.

It probably will take you a few hours. I bought mine over a year ago and then didn't get around to installing it for quite a while - as a result I don't recall what directions came with it. I did end up going to YouTube and consulting the available videos at The Pinball Mod Co's channel. There wasn't a single "best" one that covered everything. This one from about 10 months ago appears to be the most recent. Just work backwards to find older applicable ones. Or even better - PM Scott (@harrryhoudini) and check with him. Good luck and enjoy!

#16174 3 years ago
Quoted from Betelgeuse:

Are these particular transistors hard to find now? I would have guessed GNR is still using the same parts.

Not hard to find, just hard to get this time of year. Just got a notification today that my package arrived in Philly, so 2 weeks to get from NE to PA via USPS. I've heard the Philly distribution center is a mess, so who knows when I'll get it, but at least it's not lost.

#16175 3 years ago
Quoted from mtp78:

What are you using to clean an opto that does not leave any residue ??

99% isopropyl alcohol with a q-tip works pretty well

#16176 3 years ago
Quoted from Butch2099:

Clear your schedule for a day (no really). Takes time to get it right. There's a lot of information in this thread:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjpotc-treasure-chest-open-and-close

You tube videos are helpful but the above thread also helped me to get mine right. It's totally worth it!

#16177 3 years ago
Quoted from swampy:

Clear your schedule for a day (no really). Takes time to get it right. There's a lot of information in this thread:
You tube videos are helpful but the above thread also helped me to get mine right. It's totally worth it!

Thank you! I don't want to start it and not be able to finish & play it..

#16178 3 years ago

B1ECD902-8371-49E3-BCCB-2F9AE6D99E98 (resized).jpegB1ECD902-8371-49E3-BCCB-2F9AE6D99E98 (resized).jpeg

Finally installed my Black Friday mods from The Mod Couple. Look great and really fills in a part of the pf that looked a little bare (on the SE anyways) although now I kinda want the fancy pop caps to balance out the other side...

#16179 3 years ago
Quoted from swampy:

I think I took two hours to install both times (installed one for a friend). They were both the original kind. It took a couple times lifting and lowering the pf (watch it if you have art blades). But it was pretty straightforward for me. Watch out for missing parts on the fork lifter mech while you’re there. Mine was missing a couple of the little slider bushings, so that was hindering the fork and lid...

#16180 3 years ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

Finally installed my Black Friday mods from The Mod Couple. Look great and really fills in a part of the pf that looked a little bare (on the SE anyways) although now I kinda want the fancy pop caps to balance out the other side...

I did the same mods on my SE. You can actually add the LE spinning pop bumper too, as well as the full width starmap. The connectors are still there on the SE, so it's all plug and play.

20201112_193034 (resized).jpg20201112_193034 (resized).jpg
#16181 3 years ago

2020 Twipy voting is live everyone! Make sure to vote for your favorite HMS mod from Lior/Art Of Pinball

https://twipys.com/2020-twipys-ballot/

#16182 3 years ago

I didn't get to go to the open and close Chest mod yet. Got distracted and ended shopping the whole machine.

I did get to put this guy on though

20210101_182143 (resized).jpg20210101_182143 (resized).jpg
#16183 3 years ago

Hello! My POTC HMS Mod has been nominated for TWIPY mod of the year! If you are a fan of my work, your vote would be greatly appreciated

https://twipys.com/2020-twipys-ballot/

art of pinball banner 1080 (resized).jpgart of pinball banner 1080 (resized).jpg
#16184 3 years ago

That chest mod is so worth it though. It's my top three mods of all time. Really adds to the game to see that chest close.

As if we needed more.

I look at my potc jjp next to my WoZ and then I look at my GnR jjp and realize these older jjp games are so special how loaded they were. Old school jjp is amazing.

#16185 3 years ago

Hoping someone with experience replacing coil transistors can help me out; As I posted earlier, my BP left flipper coil toasted the coil sleeve, so I replaced the coil and the fuse, but the flipper still immediately locks in the up position when the pin is powered on. So I ordered some new transistors (IRL540N TO-220AB 100V) which took about a month to get. I proceeded to solder on the new transistor, but the readings I'm getting between the new transistor and the inline diode on the pcb is open (should be .5 like the other transistors). Is it possible I fried the transistor when soldering it in? The inline diode on the board seems to read correctly (same as the other diodes), so I'm thinking that's ok. Not sure what to try next.

#16186 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

That chest mod is so worth it though. It's my top three mods of all time. Really adds to the game to see that chest close.
As if we needed more.
I look at my potc jjp next to my WoZ and then I look at my GnR jjp and realize these older jjp games are so special how loaded they were. Old school jjp is amazing.

I definitely feel like post POTC, took an inevitable turn for JJP. Cost consciousness will always be at hand, after those amazing and loaded first four games.

#16187 3 years ago

Crickets here for past 4 days lol! Any chance someone can chime in on my flipper transistor issue (couple posts back)?

#16188 3 years ago
Quoted from arzoo:

Hoping someone with experience replacing coil transistors can help me out; As I posted earlier, my BP left flipper coil toasted the coil sleeve, so I replaced the coil and the fuse, but the flipper still immediately locks in the up position when the pin is powered on. So I ordered some new transistors (IRL540N TO-220AB 100V) which took about a month to get. I proceeded to solder on the new transistor, but the readings I'm getting between the new transistor and the inline diode on the pcb is open (should be .5 like the other transistors). Is it possible I fried the transistor when soldering it in? The inline diode on the board seems to read correctly (same as the other diodes), so I'm thinking that's ok. Not sure what to try next.

You could have fried the transistor and/or be a new defective one. Did you try turning on the machine after the transistor was replaced? I have had some issues with new transistors in the past and had to replace a new one that I just installed. Also some new ones act different and won't give you the .5 reading and shows open as you stated, but did work once installed in the machine. I had this same issue in my POTC and readings with the new transistor, but again did work fine once installed.
Hope this helps.....Mike

#16189 3 years ago
Quoted from Mikespinball:

You could have fried the transistor and/or be a new defective one. Did you try turning on the machine after the transistor was replaced? I have had some issues with new transistors in the past and had to replace a new one that I just installed. Also some new ones act different and won't give you the .5 reading and shows open as you stated, but did work once installed in the machine. I had this same issue in my POTC and readings with the new transistor, but again did work fine once installed.
Hope this helps.....Mike

I did install the board and the flipper immediately locked up on power on. I guess I'll try replacing the transistor again. Thanks.

#16190 3 years ago

These transistor issues, along with motherboard and power supply issues on a DI in another thread, have me wondering what spare parts would be good to have on hand for Pirates. If all of these parts are supposed to be off-the-shelf, where is the shelf and what am I looking for? If I needed a new motherboard/video card, what would I buy and would it be plug and play? What about the power supply? The hard drive? The monitor?? Is this all documented somewhere?

#16191 3 years ago
Quoted from Betelgeuse:

These transistor issues, along with motherboard and power supply issues on a DI in another thread, have me wondering what spare parts would be good to have on hand for Pirates. If all of these parts are supposed to be off-the-shelf, where is the shelf and what am I looking for? If I needed a new motherboard/video card, what would I buy and would it be plug and play? What about the power supply? The hard drive? The monitor?? Is this all documented somewhere?

You almost sound like you’re freaking out!!! Breath.....Breath!

#16192 3 years ago
Quoted from Betelgeuse:

Just to give some help, the motherboard that is in our GnR for example will run Pirates, the power supply is fairly standard ATX, hard drive is any 2.5" 60gb+ and you would make a full install USB stick and use the game to program the drive.

#16193 3 years ago

Does anyone have the DHS Dauntless Art of Pinball Mod they are willing to sell, please pm me.

#16194 3 years ago

Decided I wanted to adjust the weights on my shaker today by turning the weights to be 180 degrees of each other, so that the shaking would not be so hard/intense. However when I removed the weights I found that the shaft only had one spot routed for the set screws so that you can't turn them. Anyone else run into this on JJP machines? I'm guessing I'm going to have to remove the shaft and dremel it out to create another spot for the set screw.

#16195 3 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

Decided I wanted to adjust the weights on my shaker today by turning the weights to be 180 degrees of each other, so that the shaking would not be so hard/intense. However when I removed the weights I found that the shaft only had one spot routed for the set screws so that you can't turn them. Anyone else run into this on JJP machines? I'm guessing I'm going to have to remove the shaft and dremel it out to create another spot for the set screw.

Is it possible to replace the weights for lighter ones at the same location instead of performing dremel surgery on the shaft?

#16196 3 years ago
Quoted from RTS:

Is it possible to replace the weights for lighter ones at the same location instead of performing dremel surgery on the shaft?

Maybe? I did the dremel surgery and it worked fine. I just hadn’t seen them before where they didn’t have other flat spots to adjust.

#16197 3 years ago

Hi,

I'm looking for replacement plastics for my JJP POTC. I see it available here - https://pu-parts.com/pirates-of-the-caribbean-plastic-set, but it doesn't appear that they are shipping to the US at present.

Is there anywhere else to buy these plastics that anyone knows of?

Any help is greatly appreciated!

#16198 3 years ago
Quoted from bbble:

Does anyone have the DHS Dauntless Art of Pinball Mod they are willing to sell, please pm me.

It's probably going to cost you if you can find one. It is a fantastic mod, but I still can't believe this one sold for $1800 plus $50 shipping!?!?!

ebay.com link: Jersey Jack Pinball Pirates of the Caribbean HMS Dauntless Mod by Art Of Pinball

#16199 3 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

It's probably going to cost you if you can find one. It is a fantastic mod, but I still can't believe this one sold for $1800 plus $50 shipping!?!?!
ebay.com link » Jersey Jack Pinball Pirates Of The Caribbean Hms Dauntless Mod By Art Of Pinball

That's redonkulous!

#16200 3 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

ebay.com link » Jersey Jack Pinball Pirates Of The Caribbean Hms Dauntless Mod By Art Of Pinball

Its worth every penny... Best mod there is for POTC. I paid about $1200 for mine second hand.

It will only increase the value of your POTC.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Mod Co.

29,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Frisco, TX
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Vernon, BC
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 39.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 38.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 49.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 38.00
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Wanted
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 18,868 posts in this topic. You are on page 324 of 378.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-pirates-of-the-caribbean-official-owners-and-fan-club/page/324?hl=soulrider911 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.