(Topic ID: 200141)

JJP Pirates of the Caribbean Official Owners and Fan Club!

By goren1818

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 18,885 posts
  • 633 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 days ago by Buzzie
  • Topic is favorited by 284 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pirates2 (resized).jpg
IMG_2296 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2297 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2298 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2299 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2301 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2300 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
20240330_165232 (resized).jpg
POTC_Mods_annotated (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2024-03-29 at 12.02.54 PM (resized).png
17117301082711484468150429261795 (resized).jpg
20240329_160033 (resized).jpg
431321214_1110342276953195_8816628931148154685_n (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223442061 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223435586 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

20 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,885 posts in this topic. You are on page 323 of 378.
#16101 3 years ago

EHOH is very fun but its playfield design is average and can arguably be somewhat clunky. It excels at theme integration, video assets and code, but personally I have a hard time viewing any game as an all time great unless it’s also an excellent and/or special shooter - like POTC. You could certainly argue that AFM and MM are also basic shooters that rely on theme integration but they have great flow and were “leaders” not “followers.” The EHOH castle is cool but is a distant follower to the MM castle. As far as playfield design and standing the test of time POTC is just in a different league IMO.

#16102 3 years ago
Quoted from Sonic:

Thanks for the testimonial Keith. I'm so happy you are satisfied - it was a fun project to do. If anyone is interested in the POTC maelstrom MRS - simply PM me!
Matt & Dan
M&M Creations

The M&M creations Maelstrom switch is the real deal! In the switch test menu as soon as the ball comes in contact with any part of the switch it registers immediately.

Now if someone could make a small mod to cover up the mounting for the stock switch...

#16103 3 years ago

I am going to have a pingolf stream with a friend. Any good suggestions for fun things to go for?

We are going to have one plunder game, the player with the most plunder wins.

Maybe the player with most gold? could be boring to watch?

Start one multiball, maybe the curse of the black pearl?

any suggestions?

#16104 3 years ago
Quoted from Axl:

I am going to have a pingolf stream with a friend. Any good suggestions for fun things to go for?
any suggestions?

You could update your pin with the new PotC code.

#16105 3 years ago
Quoted from Green-Machine:

that could work! 1 hour of waiting?

Jokes aside, pinball_keefer will eventually be done with the code. I have full confidence in him.
Give him some slack, JJP have just launched their biggest selling game ever. This game is a boutique game if you look at the sales numbers.
And do you miss break the curse? have you qualified for it? Bugs, yeah sure, i would love to see that fixed, but none of them is game breaking.

#16106 3 years ago
Quoted from Green-Machine:

Ha.

#16107 3 years ago

So I've replace the flipper coil on the BP left flipper with a coil from Marco. The Marco coil has resistors but the original JJP coil does not. Do I need to remove those resistors? Also, now that I've replaced the coil, both BP flippers and the cannon are dead. I'm guessing I've got a bad connection on the 70v return, or maybe a fuse, does one fuse control all three coils? Thanks for any suggestions.

#16108 3 years ago
Quoted from arzoo:

So I've replace the flipper coil on the BP left flipper with a coil from Marco. The Marco coil has resistors but the original JJP coil does not. Do I need to remove those resistors? Also, now that I've replaced the coil, both BP flippers and the cannon are dead. I'm guessing I've got a bad connection on the 70v return, or maybe a fuse, does one fuse control all three coils? Thanks for any suggestions.

Resistors - you mean diodes ?

Yes get them off the coil. And replace the fuse and hope that is all you did.

LTG : )

#16109 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

And replace the fuse and hope that is all you did.

Page D-91 in the manual. Check F708 then F702.

#16110 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Resistors - you mean diodes ?
Yes get them off the coil. And replace the fuse and hope that is all you did.

Yes, diodes. Ugh, that doesn't sound good. Guess I'll find out.

#16111 3 years ago
Quoted from arzoo:

Yes, diodes. Ugh, that doesn't sound good. Guess I'll find out.

Replace fuse. Turn game on, if flipper locks on turn game off immediately and check drive transistor on I/O board.

#16112 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Replace fuse. Turn game on, if flipper locks on turn game off immediately and check drive transistor on I/O board.

F708 was fried. Thanks for the help!

#16113 3 years ago
Quoted from Axl:

any suggestions?

So you need 9 goals? Is the game gonna be set to 5 balls? Here are a few suggestions.

Start BP MB
Start At Worlds End MB
Start Dead Mans Chest MB
Start On Stranger Tides MB
Start Dead Men Tell No Tales MB
Start Tortuga MB
Get 2 MB's stacked
Get 3 or more MB's stacked
Get 200 or more Gold Coins
Get 2X playfield started
Get 3X playfield started
Score 200K points
Score 500K points
Score 1 million points.
Start a Liar's Dice Round
Start any Wizard Mode

#16114 3 years ago

Wow! Someone just listed their CE Playfield on Ebay for $4950.00.........WOW!

ebay.com link: New JerseyJack Pirates of the Caribbean Playfield Pinball CE Collectors Edition

#16115 3 years ago
Quoted from Heater:

Wow! Someone just listed their CE Playfield on Ebay for $4950.00.........WOW!
ebay.com link » New Jerseyjack Pirates Of The Caribbean Playfield Pinball Ce Collectors Edition

sfbay.craigslist.org link

$30,000 for a POTC CE

#16116 3 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

So you need 9 goals? Is the game gonna be set to 5 balls? Here are a few suggestions.

Thank you for the suggestions!

#16117 3 years ago
Quoted from Jecco74:

sfbay.craigslist.org link
$30,000 for a POTC CE

Pot is legal in California. . .

#16118 3 years ago
Quoted from crwjumper:

Pot is legal in California. . .

Sounds like crack is too!

#16119 3 years ago
Quoted from Axl:

Thank you for the suggestions!

So I decided to give this a try. I set my game up on 5 balls. Scoring is 1 to 6. Score is which ball you're on when reaching the goal, with a 6 being a failed attempt after all 5 balls played. This really makes you think about which character will help you with the task. So here is my pingolf course:

1. Start At World's End MB
2. Get 2X playfield started
3. Start Tortuga MB
4. Score 200K points
5. Stack 2 or more MB's
6. Score 500K points
7. Start Liar's Dice
8. Score 1 million points
9. Start any Wizard Mode

So perfect would obviously be a 9, reaching all the goals in a single ball. I have run this course three times. My scores have been 19, 18, 17. Give it a try and see how you can do!

If it is not apparent, as soon as you reach a goal, hold in the start button and begin a new game.

#16120 3 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

So I decided to give this a try. I set my game up on 5 balls. Scoring is 1 to 6. Score is which ball you're on when reaching the goal, with a 6 being a failed attempt after all 5 balls played. This really makes you think about which character will help you with the task. So here is my pingolf course:
3. Start Tortuga MB
4. Score 200K points
5. Stack 2 or more MB's
6. Score 500K points
7. Start Liar's Dice
9. Start any Wizard Mode
So perfect would obviously be a 9, reaching all the goals in a single ball. I have run this course three times. My scores have been 19, 18, 17. Give it a try and see how you can do!
If it is not apparent, as soon as you reach a goal, hold in the start button and begin a new game.

Are you supposed to only go after that one goal in a given game? In other words, if I’m trying to get goal number one, but i stumble into number three along the way, that doesn’t count, right?

How long did it take to play a “round”? I’m imagining an hour or so?

#16121 3 years ago

Yes, you play them in order. So accidentally getting a later goal doesn't count. It goes quickly. Definitely less than an hour.

#16122 3 years ago

Arrrrgh! Thought I was going to get through all chapters on a game just now. Only needed to run 5 more and had extra ball lit when I started my last ball. Got through three chapters and then post “assist” turned a nice clean left orbit shot into an unexpected rocket SDTM. I really don’t like that “feature”.

I had just hit the cannon hole shot so I thought I had BP multiball qualified, and I hit the orbit shot only to have it come right back at me. I must have been at a point where I either needed to hit the cannon hole shot twice or was out of BP multiballs though because the MB didn’t start and it usually does if BP multiball is qualified and you hit the post assist. Time to try again!!!

1CB0C36B-7CAD-4DD4-9F02-804C39F6EFFE (resized).jpeg1CB0C36B-7CAD-4DD4-9F02-804C39F6EFFE (resized).jpeg
#16123 3 years ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

Arrrrgh! Thought I was going to get through all chapters on a game just now. Only needed to run 5 more and had extra ball lit when I started my last ball. Got through three chapters and then post “assist” turned a nice clean left orbit shot into an unexpected rocket SDTM. I really don’t like that “feature”.
I had just hit the cannon hole shot so I thought I had BP multiball qualified, and I hit the orbit shot only to have it come right back at me. I must have been at a point where I either needed to hit the cannon hole shot twice or was out of BP multiballs though because the MB didn’t start and it usually does if BP multiball is qualified and you hit the post assist. Time to try again!!!
[quoted image]

That is impressive. But what's the deal with the really low score?

#16124 3 years ago
Quoted from RTS:

That is impressive. But what's the deal with the really low score?

I don't really play to maximize score in this game. The journey is the fun for me on this one. My GC is only 3.1 and then my next high after that is 2.2. I try to just make progress through the game so I don't go out of my way to qualify multiple chapters before starting one, I don't target trying to get supers in multiball, I start Tortuga MB with minimum gold, etc. I stack multiballs & select Super X for the inlanes to get that running whenever I can but that's about all I go out of my way for in terms of trying to boost scoring.

#16125 3 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

3. Start Tortuga MB
4. Score 200K points
5. Stack 2 or more MB's
6. Score 500K points
7. Start Liar's Dice
9. Start any Wizard Mode

I did two more runs at this. Scored 22 and 18. I'm gonna have a hard time beating my 17. I would've done it on my last attempt but it took me 5 balls to get 1 million points. BTW, any extra balls should be played as the ball # in play. So if you earn an EB on ball #3, your gonna get another ball #3. In all these attempts I have not earned an EB at all. But it's bound to happen.

#16126 3 years ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

I don't really play to maximize score in this game. The journey is the fun for me on this one. My GC is only 3.1 and then my next high after that is 2.2. I try to just make progress through the game so I don't go out of my way to qualify multiple chapters before starting one, I don't target trying to get supers in multiball, I start Tortuga MB with minimum gold, etc. I stack multiballs & select Super X for the inlanes to get that running whenever I can but that's about all I go out of my way for in terms of trying to boost scoring.

I was really just thinking that playing all chapters would automatically create a huge score by virtue of just having played so many.

I've never come close to doing that. It really is impressive.

#16127 3 years ago
Quoted from RTS:

I was really just thinking that playing all chapters would automatically create a huge score by virtue of just having played so many.
I've never come close to doing that. It really is impressive.

Chapters by themselves aren’t worth a lot of points on their own. I did some testing at one time and running through all 25 chapters and complete it them was only worth 2-2.5 million points. Where there score really starts stacking up is from multipliers and multiball super jackpots.

#16128 3 years ago
Quoted from GnarLee:

Chapters by themselves aren’t worth a lot of points on their own. I did some testing at one time and running through all 25 chapters and complete it them was only worth 2-2.5 million points. Where there score really starts stacking up is from multipliers and multiball super jackpots.

This is true in POTC, but also kind of counterintuitive as compared with most games. When you learn how the multiplier works (which is also kind of unique), it really starts stacking up.

#16129 3 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

This is true in POTC, but also kind of counterintuitive as compared with most games. When you learn how the multiplier works (which is also kind of unique), it really starts stacking up.

Is there a link to the most comprehensive rules?

I need to learn the intricacies to max my scores.

#16130 3 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

So I decided to give this a try. I set my game up on 5 balls. Scoring is 1 to 6. Score is which ball you're on when reaching the goal, with a 6 being a failed attempt after all 5 balls played. This really makes you think about which character will help you with the task.

Thank you for taking your time! I tried it out. 500 and 1 million takes a long time. So I will skip those. The other ones where great! I think we will go for 200 gold and start tortuga. Possibly also the wizard mode. I tried the challenges with Elizabeth on all, so I don’t have any character bonus. It worked out great. And very fun to do.

1. Start At World's End MB. 2
2. Get 2X playfield started 3
3. Start Tortuga MB 2
4. Score 200K points 6
5. Stack 2 or more MB's 5
7. Start Liar's Dice 3
9. Start any Wizard Mode 6

#16131 3 years ago
Quoted from RTS:

Is there a link to the most comprehensive rules?
I need to learn the intricacies to max my scores.

this is a good rule sheet: http://tiltforums.com/t/pirates-of-the-caribbean-jjp-rulesheet-wip/4169

This is a good start: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/simple-explanations-of-basic-goals-in-jjp-s-pirates-of-the-caribbean#post-4556937

don't forget the shot map that is in the manual.

#16132 3 years ago

Trying to clean my machine up a bit by getting to 7 figures with all the characters, especially the ones I don't play much.... and had an unexpectedly good Will Turner game. Ended with 3.5 million even though the game didn't seem terribly good. (No Wizard modes played, maybe 8 chapters total). Just had one 3 movie multiball run with tortuga going, but I looked up and my scores were just crazy higher than I usually get on similar length multiball runs.

Do combos score really highly and therefore more time for combos Will Turner bonus and multiball results in some good scores via combos? Can't say I've paid too much attention to combo scoring on this game before. But even then, I think I only ended up with 8 combos total as I didn't even have Extra Ball lit yet.

#16133 3 years ago

Granted I am an admitted Crappy player I was curious what types of scores some of you are achieving? Don't recall seeing any crazy 100 million numbers but I suspect some of you that mastered the rules must be getting some great score adventures. Think I capped out around 10 million but again, I suck....lol

#16134 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Granted I am an admitted Crappy player I was curious what types of scores some of you are achieving? Don't recall seeing any crazy 100 million numbers but I suspect some of you that mastered the rules must be getting some great score adventures. Think I capped out around 10 million but again, I suck....lol

If 10 million on POTC leaves you still thinking you suck, there's no hope for me in your pinball world!

#16135 3 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

If 10 million on POTC leaves you still thinking you suck, there's no hope for me in your pinball world!

I should clarify. I have (1) game I was able to hit that. On average 2-3 million to confess. Code wishes aside... for me this is still the one game that gives me a thrill every time I play it. Simply a perfect journey based on what I personally enjoy in pinball. I can honestly say this is the one game I wouldn't sell. Everything else has a price so to speak. Happy holidays to all you scurvy pirates hope you stay safe and happy.

#16136 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

10 mil is a really good score, my GC is 5.6M with Norrington. Hit 24 chapters and 4 wizard modes, sooooo close to getting the main wizard mode. (Regretting wagering a tilt when I had none in liar's dice). But I'm starting to really improve, mainly focusing on making sure I get through the pirate lanes and get the super X's up ASAP (When I first started I tried to "save" my first super X to stack with multiple multi-balls. Now I don't care about the first super X cause I'm wanting to get to the 6x's ASAP. Now starting to try and get a bit better at multiball super jackpots, I have a 1.7M mini At world's end wizard mode, but don't have any high scores in any of the others.. Just had a 5M score with Tia Dalma earlier today. In both my top 2 games I'm finding myself getting screwed once I run out of tilts, as this game is no fun when you can't nudge an outlane, so just added me some tilt warnings in the settings ;p

#16137 3 years ago
Quoted from palmab03:

10 mil is a really good score, my GC is 5.6M with Norrington. Hit 24 chapters and 4 wizard modes, sooooo close to getting the main wizard mode. (Regretting wagering a tilt when I had none in liar's dice). But I'm starting to really improve, mainly focusing on making sure I get through the pirate lanes and get the super X's up ASAP (When I first started I tried to "save" my first super X to stack with multiple multi-balls. Now I don't care about the first super X cause I'm wanting to get to the 6x's ASAP. Now starting to try and get a bit better at multiball super jackpots, I have a 1.7M mini At world's end wizard mode, but don't have any high scores in any of the others.. Just had a 5M score with Tia Dalma earlier today. In both my top 2 games I'm finding myself getting screwed once I run out of tilts, as this game is no fun when you can't nudge an outlane, so just added me some tilt warnings in the settings ;p

Appreciate the tips will give that a try thanks.

#16138 3 years ago

Just put up 5 million with Cotton just now (my 2nd high score). Have had the game for 9 months or so but now really starting to improve. Focusing on PIRATE lanes you can keep a super X up during most of the game. Getting a 4x+ going with the At World's End Super Jackpot and Tortuga tends to blow it up a bit. There are so many times the ball get shot up through the left eject, it's quick to cycle through the letters, mainly just a focus on actually hitting the stand up so you can get back to Super X sooner.

Trying to figure out who my ideal character would be in league and it might well just be Pintel, to speed up the pirate lanes.

#16139 3 years ago
Quoted from palmab03:

Trying to figure out who my ideal character would be in league and it might well just be Pintel, to speed up the pirate lanes.

My two ideal characters are pintel for the reason mentioned above. I have my g.c. score at home with Scrum since he has automatic hold bonus x. I really like getting a 6x bonus when I can on my first ball with him. This helps boost my score a ton.

#16140 3 years ago
Quoted from JRBBRJ:

My two ideal characters are pintel for the reason mentioned above. I have my g.c. score at home with Scrum since he has automatic hold bonus x. I really like getting a 6x bonus when I can on my first ball with him. This helps boost my score a ton.

His additional bonus also seems broken. Spot 1 female character at 5x the value, all others at 2x the value. Get a high skull value close to 10k, get a 6x playfield and a 2.5-3x skull multiplier, with 5x on top of that and it can be close to million dollar character spots. Won't happen often, but when it does it's a GC type thing.

#16141 3 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

3. Start Tortuga MB
4. Score 200K points
5. Stack 2 or more MB's
6. Score 500K points
7. Start Liar's Dice
9. Start any Wizard Mode

First try 23. Gotta work harder in strategy. Very fun though.

#16142 3 years ago

Anyone know where to get aqua star posts for the slingshots? The LE I purchased recently has some bad pooling and chipping. Titan did not have them.

#16143 3 years ago
Quoted from attyrhodes:

Anyone know where to get aqua star posts for the slingshots? The LE I purchased recently has some bad pooling and chipping. Titan did not have them.

Pinball life has them in teal and also light blue.

#16144 3 years ago
Quoted from attyrhodes:

Pinball mod co will sell you a color matched kit
That includes the washers

#16145 3 years ago

Any hits where I can buy the Spinner Opto and cover from?

#16146 3 years ago
Quoted from Monster_Bash:

Any hits where I can buy the Spinner Opto and cover from?

Call Nate at JJP.

#16147 3 years ago

Any tips on maximizing scoring from the chapters? I still don’t understand the skulls assigned to each one. I know which shots start the option to choose a chapter but within each chapter I see skulls too.....any tips there?

I feel like I hit chapters, score MB jackpots and still the score isn’t too high. I must be missing something.

#16148 3 years ago

Who here bet on primus and can crusher to get code updates before potc?

Can crusher!! So awesome....

#16149 3 years ago

I would just like to ask if anyone in the KC area would be interested in a ce. Not for sure if I would be able to sell because I love to play it. Have plastics for CE and LE and same with stickers but also have playfield CE in box. This is a trying to see if anyone is in this area.

#16150 3 years ago

Ok played the game again and I see why I bought what I did. If you want this game you will have to pray it from my dead hands.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 20.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Wanted
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Electronics
Skillshot Combo

$ 28.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 24.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

24,999 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Frisco, TX
$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Machine - For Sale
Smithtown, NY
$ 19.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

There are 18,885 posts in this topic. You are on page 323 of 378.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-pirates-of-the-caribbean-official-owners-and-fan-club/page/323?hl=gnarlee and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.