(Topic ID: 200141)

JJP Pirates of the Caribbean Official Owners and Fan Club!

By goren1818

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 18,885 posts
  • 633 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 44 hours ago by Buzzie
  • Topic is favorited by 284 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pirates2 (resized).jpg
IMG_2296 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2297 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2298 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2299 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2301 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2300 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
20240330_165232 (resized).jpg
POTC_Mods_annotated (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2024-03-29 at 12.02.54 PM (resized).png
17117301082711484468150429261795 (resized).jpg
20240329_160033 (resized).jpg
431321214_1110342276953195_8816628931148154685_n (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223442061 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223435586 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

20 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,885 posts in this topic. You are on page 320 of 378.
#15951 3 years ago
Quoted from thirdedition:

If you flipper is up that high at rest, then loosen this nut and align it back down, then retighten this nut. Don't back it out all of the way, just enough so you can move the flipper bat without having to wrench too hard. [quoted image]

Yes!!!! That’s the missing piece of the puzzle. I was able to move the flipper back, put the bolt back in, and it’s working perfectly.

Thank you so much!

#15952 3 years ago
Quoted from chaz009:

Yes!!!! That’s the missing piece of the puzzle. I was able to move the flipper back, put the bolt back in, and it’s working perfectly.
Thank you so much!

Ha! Wow. Did we just get punked?

#15953 3 years ago
Quoted from Green-Machine:

Did we just get punked?

No. He figured out a fix. And can enjoy his game. That is the goal.

The way that hole on the pawl is worn, I would get a rebuild kit for at least the lower two.

LTG : )

#15954 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

No. He figured out a fix. And can enjoy his game. That is the goal.
The way that hole on the pawl is worn, I would get a rebuild kit for at least the lower two.

Lol it’s a joke!

#15955 3 years ago

Lol it’s a joke!

Please remember. If you want to be funny. Type slower for us old guys.

#15956 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Please remember. If you want to be funny. Type slower for us old guys.

You’re not old yet Lloyd. Just too serious. Unless your getting paid for your presence on Pinside

#15957 3 years ago

No. Tough year catching up to me.

Unless your getting paid for your presence on Pinside

My reward is helping people enjoy their games more.

#15958 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

No. Tough year catching up to me.

We appreciate your help, that is for sure! Thank you!

#15959 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

You really are a treasure, Lloyd!

#15960 3 years ago

Anyone know where I can pick up the silent spinner parts? Seems sold out everywhere I look. Is this something I could just DIY?

#15961 3 years ago
Quoted from thirdedition:

If you flipper is up that high at rest, then loosen this nut and align it back down, then retighten this nut. Don't back it out all of the way, just enough so you can move the flipper bat without having to wrench too hard. [quoted image]

This^^^^

#15962 3 years ago
Quoted from attyrhodes:

Anyone know where I can pick up the silent spinner parts? Seems sold out everywhere I look. Is this something I could just DIY?

I emailed the Mod couple about this a few days ago - they are hoping to have them in stock soon. Keep checking their site.

#15963 3 years ago
Quoted from Mrsiyufy:

I emailed the Mod couple about this a few days ago - they are hoping to have them in stock soon. Keep checking their site.

Sweet, thanks bud.

#15964 3 years ago

Question about my POTC LE. The "chest" and "load" lights are never lit in front of the chest. Any shot into the chest holds the ball for Dead man's Chest multi-ball. Its too easy as nothing is needed to qualify it.

Any idea how I can fix this? Any suggestions appreciated. Thank you.

#15965 3 years ago

Your forks are stuck up then?

#15966 3 years ago
Quoted from Dan1733:

Question about my POTC LE. The "chest" and "load" lights are never lit in front of the chest. Any shot into the chest holds the ball for Dead man's Chest multi-ball. Its too easy as nothing is needed to qualify it.
Any idea how I can fix this? Any suggestions appreciated. Thank you.

If you go into the menu does it show any switch test errors? Wondering if your lock switches are stuck closed somehow? You’re supposed to have to hit each lock switch (on either side of the chest) to lock a ball.

#15967 3 years ago

Ugh when you realize you can’t remember how it works. Guess I’m firing up the potc this weekend for some rules refreshers. The lights if I remember correct are just showing that the lock switch to either side of the chest is active. First time around they will both be lit. Hit them in any order and chest will activate a lock. Once 3 balls are locked you get the multi ball. The second time around only 1 of the switches are active at a time. I think it was left one then right one, but all you have to do is follow the light. Hit the lit one and then the other side will lite. Once both are hit in order slock is active again. Same process for all 3 balls again. The third time though I believe you have to run though both switches in order 2 times to get the locks, but not too sure have not payed close enough attn to the third time through

#15968 3 years ago
Quoted from Dan1733:

Question about my POTC LE. The "chest" and "load" lights are never lit in front of the chest.

Go into Tests - LEDs - All LEDs - see if they light there.

#15969 3 years ago

Another rules question... when you have gone through one if the mini-wizard modes, on subsequent visits to the star-map, I'm guessing that the chapters relating to the wizard you have done will not be selectable (because they will all be done)... is that right? Not played well enough to find out

#15970 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballslave:

Another rules question... when you have gone through one if the mini-wizard modes, on subsequent visits to the star-map, I'm guessing that the chapters relating to the wizard you have done will not be selectable (because they will all be done)... is that right? Not played well enough to find out

Correct. At the moment once you complete 5 chapters in 1 movie that movie is done for the entire game. This is even true if you manage to complete all 25 chapter in the game ( all 5 movies done). I feel if you complete 25 chapters you should be able to go through them again, but that’s not what we have atm

#15971 3 years ago

Received my Cliffy’s today and there are two “extra” ones. Can someone please tell me where the two with the ? Go. And does anyone of have pictures of the various Cliffy’s installed or being installed for reference. Do most of you install the full set or are some more important that others?

Thanks so much

CCDB63A1-0862-4D5F-8C73-83644B23EE12 (resized).jpegCCDB63A1-0862-4D5F-8C73-83644B23EE12 (resized).jpeg
#15972 3 years ago
Quoted from Mrsiyufy:

Received my Cliffy’s today and there are two “extra” ones. Can someone please tell me where the two with the ? Go. And does anyone of have pictures of the various Cliffy’s installed or being installed for reference. Do most of you install the full set or are some more important that others?
Thanks so much
[quoted image]

Those both go in the shooter lane. The larger one with the rounded cutout goes around where the ball pops out of the trough, and the other one goes on the black wood rail on the opposite side, where the ball hits when it is ejected

#15973 3 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Those both go in the shooter lane. The larger one with the rounded cutout goes around where the ball pops out of the trough, and the other one goes on the black wood rail on the opposite side, where the ball hits when it is ejected

Thanks so much !

#15974 3 years ago

Anyone have a good method for avoiding SDTM after the ball releases from the star map? Such a frustrating way to drain.

#15975 3 years ago
Quoted from attyrhodes:

Anyone have a good method for avoiding SDTM after the ball releases from the star map? Such a frustrating way to drain.

Right after the chapter is selected I double flip to lower the post. That way the ball hasn't had a chance to come to rest against the post. Seems like that gives it less of a chance to come out of there at an angle that takes it SDTM.

#15976 3 years ago
Quoted from attyrhodes:

Check the rubber ring on the left of the starmap shot for wear at the front post. Every machine is probably a little different, but I haven't had many drains since spinning this ring around.

#15977 3 years ago
Quoted from attyrhodes:

Yes, but not as aggravating as when the ball drains out of the lower "I" lane, rather than returning all the way to the left flipper, after being ejected from the Depths VUK. Happens to me more (and too) often.

#15978 3 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

Yes, but not as aggravating as when the ball drains out of the lower "I" lane, rather than returning all the way to the left flipper, after being ejected from the Depths VUK. Happens to me more (and too) often.

This was happening to me a lot too - I addressed it by releveling the machine and put a tiny bit of silicone lube on that gate

#15979 3 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

I addressed this issue by lowering the kick out power from The Depths. I still get the drain, but rarely.

#15980 3 years ago
Quoted from attyrhodes:

The one that kills me the most is drops down, hits the gold targets, then goes straight down the left outline (the one that drains). Don’t have much SDTM.

#15981 3 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

This was happening to me a lot too - I addressed it by releveling the machine and put a tiny bit of silicone lube on that gate

Quoted from LOTR_breath:

I addressed this issue by lowering the kick out power from The Depths. I still get the drain, but rarely.

Thanks! I've actually tried these solutions as well as @zaphX's gate trim, but unfortunately, I still get these drains occasionally. Very sporadic, but very frustrating when it happens. Need to experiment more.

#15982 3 years ago
Quoted from Mrsiyufy:

Thanks so much
[quoted image]

IMHO Don't put the map hole ones on as you will get rejects. I am having to take mine out as half my hits to the scoop get rejected.

#15983 3 years ago
Quoted from jrawlinson_2000:

IMHO Don't put the map hole ones on as you will get rejects. I am having to take mine out as half my hits to the scoop get rejected.

thanks for this!

#15984 3 years ago

For anyone having issues of the Kraken mod causing the Malestrom ramp divertor to hang down (due to the weight of the mod out-weighing the return spring force and pulling the diverter down), I modified mine according to the below pics...
20201109_191800 (resized).jpg20201109_191800 (resized).jpg20201109_191831 (resized).jpg20201109_191831 (resized).jpg

As you can see, it's pulling the diverter up nicely now!! And the magnet still pulls it down.

#15985 3 years ago

For anyone having issues of the Kraken mod causing the Malestrom ramp divertor to hang down (due to the weight of the mod out-weighing the return spring force and pulling the diverter down), I modified mine according to the below pics...
[quoted image][quoted image]
As you can see, it's pulling the diverter up nicely now!! And the magnet still pulls it down.

Ummm. It’s not suppose to be mounted on the moving diverter? It’s a fixed mount

#15986 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

It’s not suppose to be mounted on the moving diverter? It’s a fixed mount

That's how it was installed on the game... so it was designed to be on the plastic behind the divertor mech so it doesn't move?

#15987 3 years ago

Correct - it's not supposed to be on the moving parts. The sticky pads will line up perfectly with the plastic ramp if it's installed right.

#15988 3 years ago
Quoted from bbulkley:

Correct - it's not supposed to be on the moving parts. The sticky pads will line up perfectly with the plastic ramp if it's installed right.

In that case, I have a suggestion for anyone wanting their Kraken to move with the divertor, which does look cool by the way!! Given the choice, I'd definitely go for the moving version myself...

Looks like it's the Kraken thats grabbing the ball and pulling in into the whirlpool...

#15989 3 years ago

In that case, I have a suggestion for anyone wanting their Kraken to move with the divertor, which does look cool by the way!! Given the choice, I'd definitely go for the moving version myself...
Looks like it's the Kraken thats grabbing the ball and pulling in into the whirlpool...

Very interesting!

#15990 3 years ago

Will look great until the feet slamming down snap off. Just sayin. Was designed to go over and attached at 2 points but you can install as you wish always.

#15991 3 years ago

That sounds like a bad ass enough idea that some enterprising mod makers should look into it...

#15992 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Will look great until the feet slamming down snap off

I very much doubt that that would happen... the feet don't hit anything when the divertor is in the down position... they are close to the ramp plastic, but don't slam against it. It really does look good, so much so that I was convinced it was supposed to be like that... just needed a slight adjustment to the spring mount to counter-balance the weight.

Quoted from gunstarhero:

That sounds like a bad ass enough idea that some enterprising mod makers should look into it...

It's already out there. It's one of the coolest parts of the game.

#15993 3 years ago

I very much doubt that that would happen... the feet don't hit anything when the divertor is in the down position... they are close to the ramp plastic, but don't slam against it. It really does look good, so much so that I was convinced it was supposed to be like that... just needed a slight adjustment to the spring mount to counter-balance the weight.

It's already out there. It's one of the coolest parts of the game.

As I said you can absolutely install it as you like. That’s why it’s called modding. Just saying when I Made these the end feet are rather thin so I wanted to say they could possibly break if not mounted. No worries.

#15994 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Just saying when I Made these the end feet are rather thin so I wanted to say they could possibly break if not mounted.

Wow, you're up early! Fully appreciate your concern... just pointing out that this mod does seem perfectly designed to be fitted to the moving plate, even if it wasn't... the flexibility of the foam filled mounting pad takes out any shock so the arms don't see stress. Will take some pics of it in the down position for anyone interested in re-positioning it and animating their Kraken.

P.S. Thanks for making this mod, it really is very cool, with or without animation.

Quoted from bbulkley:

The sticky pads will line up perfectly with the plastic ramp if it's installed right.

I now understand why the tentacles have flat areas on the ends... so the design was to have foam pads here also that would stick it to the ramp... I was wondering why they were flat...

#15995 3 years ago

That's funny. When I first bought the mod, I thought it attached to the diverter as well. But then I read the instructions and realized it was a fixed mount. Sounds like it would look pretty cool.

#15996 3 years ago
Quoted from Palmer:

But then I read the instructions and realized it was a fixed mount. Sounds like it would look pretty cool.

I guess the guy who I bought the game off didn't read the instructions It does look very cool! I was convinced that's how it was designed to be!

#15997 3 years ago

Is anyone having an issue with a sticky action button?

Mine is ridiculous! Sometimes it sticks in and I find myself having to try and fiddle with the outer housing, twisting it to try and relieve whatever's making the button catch... mostly I can relieve it by pressing at different points on it, but it's very annoying when I try and collect gold and it sticks down of course... I might look at strengthening the spring in there... Just wondering if anyone else has encountered this, and how they fixed it?

I have the CE, so those barnacles on there could be causing some mis-alignment...

#15998 3 years ago

I believe you are talking about the lockdown bar button. Lots of folks have had this issue and did different things to correct it. I just bought a replacement button for the stern lock down bar from pinball life and that works.

#15999 3 years ago
Quoted from heni1977:

I believe you are talking about the lockdown bar button. Lots of folks have had this issue and did different things to correct it. I just bought a replacement button for the stern lock down bar from pinball life and that works.

Yep, that's what I'm on about... what you've said has given me an idea, if the Stern lock-bar buttons are the same, I can swap it for the button on Stranger Things, which has zero meaningful functionality on that game!! Thanks for the tip!!

#16000 3 years ago

I fixed mine simply by stretching the tension spring out to add a bit more tension. I know this might not fix it for some, but it worked here and it was cheap / easy.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios

Machine - For Sale
Smithtown, NY
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 45.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Wanted
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Vernon, BC
$ 28.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 35.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 41.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 24.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
There are 18,885 posts in this topic. You are on page 320 of 378.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-pirates-of-the-caribbean-official-owners-and-fan-club/page/320?hl=mrsiyufy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.