(Topic ID: 200141)

JJP Pirates of the Caribbean Official Owners and Fan Club!

By goren1818

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 18,810 posts
  • 633 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 16 days ago by insight75
  • Topic is favorited by 284 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

431321214_1110342276953195_8816628931148154685_n (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223442061 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223435586 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240204_044856660.MP (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240203-170723 (resized).png
PXL_20240128_214506994 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240128_224833483.MP (resized).jpg
IMG_0980 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0982 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0981 (resized).jpeg
download (resized).jpg
IMG_6275 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6274 (resized).jpeg
8b9srv (resized).jpg
20231211_131402 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

20 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,810 posts in this topic. You are on page 319 of 377.
#15901 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballslave:

Ahh, I see... I think... so you can shoot 1 to 5 of the qualifying shots prior to starting a chapter, the more you shoot, the more the chapter is worth... ?

Correct. The more movies (up to all 5) that you qualify (by shooting their respective shot) before you shoot the Star Map/Jack shot to start a chapter, the higher the multiplier. The applicable multiplier info is displayed once you start playing a chapter.

#15902 3 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

There are a total of 125 chapters. At the beginning of the game the software selects 5 from each movie that you will be playing, for a total of 25. So 25 available per game, chosen from a pool of 125.

It's quite genius really. No two games are ever alike. I don't see how the game can get old because of the change of characters selected per chapter. I find myself more looking up two see what characters were chosen then remembering who to go for vs looking for the inserts. Very fun!

#15903 3 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

Rather than bend the hooks, I took a freebie fridge magnet, like one you might find with football schedules on it, and sliced up little slivers to raise it.
I kept adding pieces under the hooks, on top of the assembly, till it raised it, and allowed the shooter rod assembly to breathe a bit! (Adjusting the shooter rod assembly itself only did so much...)

LE #80 just arrived today! And I’m having this same issue. What do you recommend using to bend the hooks?

#15904 3 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

Correct. The more movies (up to all 5) that you qualify (by shooting their respective shot) before you shoot the Star Map/Jack shot to start a chapter, the higher the multiplier. The applicable multiplier info is displayed once you start playing a chapter.

I love all this rules discussion! Each additional chapter qualified adds .5X to the chapter shots, so:

1 qualified = 1X
2 = 1.5X
3 = 2X
4 = 2.5X
5 = 3X

This is before any Super X. So for example, deep into the game you have a Green chapter going with a value of 5,450 @ 1.5x with a 3X playfield going. Each green character shot during that chapter is worth 24,525! Better than most MB jackpots.

Tonight I had this going where each character shot was worth over 40K!

#15905 3 years ago

to get to the nuts your really trying to go for 5x multiplier with a 5x shot squeezed in that 30 seconds. You can set it up by having super ready to cash in then lite 4 of the 5 outlanes. Start super then finish outlanes for 5x shot. now your on a 25x multiplier for 1 shot. Guy on here got somewhere in the neighborhood of 2.5 million points in 1 shot. This was during a wizard mode if I remember correctly that he had set up for some decent base points.

#15906 3 years ago
Quoted from GnarLee:

You can set it up by having super ready to cash in then lite 4 of the 5 outlanes. Start super then finish outlanes for 5x shot. now your on a 25x multiplier for 1 shot.

5 of the 6 outlanes no? This type of strategy reminds me of Whitewater where you have 5x playfield combined with up to 3x jackpots... For those who don't know that game, the challenge was (for me at least!) to set it up so that class 6 river was done, Wet Willy's was reached, MB was just ready to start and all boulders collected except 5x pf, then get that and go straight for MB start for 5x vacation JP followed by up to 15x max JPs (having reached Wet Willy's and assuming you shot all 3 balls into insanity falls) and then have the balls in a loop by keeping them going into the lock (for the JP), then up insanity falls again from the upper pf... I liked to keep my left flipper raised so the the balls rolled to the right flipper to make the lock/JP shot to slow things down a bit such that the timing was that you could have all 3 balls in that loop while racking up multiple 15x JPs (before the 5x pf multiplier ran out)... that's what kept me coming back to that game...

#15907 3 years ago

5 of the 6 outlanes no? This type of strategy reminds me of Whitewater where you have 5x playfield combined with up to 3x jackpots... For those who don't know that game, the challenge was (for me at least!) to set it up so that class 6 river was done, Wet Willy's was reached, MB was just ready to start and all boulders collected except 5x pf, then get that and go straight for MB start for 5x vacation JP followed by up to 15x max JPs (having reached Wet Willy's and assuming you shot all 3 balls into insanity falls) and then have the balls in a loop by keeping them going into the lock (for the JP), then up insanity falls again from the upper pf... I liked to keep my left flipper raised so the the balls rolled to the right flipper to make the lock/JP shot to slow things down a bit such that the timing was that you could have all 3 balls in that loop while racking up multiple 15x JPs (before the 5x pf multiplier ran out)... that's what kept me coming back to that game...

I know that one quite well. One of my favorite pins. The randomness of the award tied to the pops was always fun. Get everything set up. Accidentally send a ball to the pops and mess up the setup. The other 2 special things in the game are when you the that super vacation jackpot the game pretends to die. Just a fun little gimmick. Seriously freaked out first time it happened to me. And the cow level

#15908 3 years ago
Quoted from GnarLee:

And the cow level

Errr... not sure I saw this one... remind me! Maybe I was running a different code?

#15909 3 years ago

It’s been a while and I cannot find info atm. I got into playing whitewater on pinball arcade a few years ago and got really good with the rules. All I can remember is you had to do the full trip to wet willies, 6x river bonus...... all the things for super vacation jackpot. Then I believe you had to run though part of the game a second time and once completed you have a Easter egg mode that makes camera sounds and shows pics of Bigfoot when you hit certain shots as well as the occasional mooooooooo.

#15910 3 years ago
Quoted from GnarLee:

Easter egg mode that makes camera sounds and shows pics of Bigfoot when you hit certain shots as well as the occasional mooooooooo.

Ah, I know what you mean now... I'm also not sure how it starts, but I think it's connected with the targets in front of the whirlpool.

Back on topic... if you choose Elizabeth Swann as your character, the benefit is that 3 chapters are always lit... does this mean that with her, start chapter will be lit without needing to hit any of the 5 chapter qualify shots?

#15911 3 years ago

Ah, I know what you mean now... I'm also not sure how it starts, but I think it's connected with the targets in front of the whirlpool.
Back on topic... if you choose Elizabeth Swann as your character, the benefit is that 3 chapters are always lit... does this mean that with her, start chapter will be lit without needing to hit any of the 5 chapter qualify shots?

Yes and I always choose her for that reason

#15912 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinballomatic:

Yes and I always choose her for that reason

Always?!

#15914 3 years ago

I like Elizabeth Swann, but too many other good choices avail as well for me to pick her more than 10% of the time.

I probably play Caryna Smyth more for example.

#15915 3 years ago

I always pick Penelope Cruz, whatever her character’s name is, because she gives a better chance of completing chapters by spotting a dude

#15916 3 years ago

I am hoping you guys can help me once again. My left flipper started staying up all the time. It seems that the cooper connector it getting stuck with the "contact" ... which is metal on the other side but there is a black rubber(?) piece on the left side. Its possible that this black part was a temperary fix by the previous owner (2nd owner .... only had it less than two weeks). Kindly refer to the photos:

It seems that it is just the right size to get stuck underneath. Any suggestions? I tried playing with the nut by the big black spot on the bracket but I fear I may have just made it worse and now the flipper is way too high (refer to the flipper picture).

Please help me. This is my only machine.

4ykt30s (resized).jpg4ykt30s (resized).jpgTJz4UIO (resized).jpgTJz4UIO (resized).jpgXAxEKZM (resized).jpgXAxEKZM (resized).jpg
#15917 3 years ago
Quoted from chaz009:

I am hoping you guys can help me once again. My left flipper started staying up all the time. It seems that the cooper connector it getting stuck with the "contact" ... which is metal on the other side but there is a black rubber(?) piece on the left side. Its possible that this black part was a temperary fix by the previous owner (2nd owner .... only had it less than two weeks). Kindly refer to the photos:
It seems that it is just the right size to get stuck underneath. Any suggestions? I tried playing with the nut by the big black spot on the bracket but I fear I may have just made it worse and now the flipper is way too high (refer to the flipper picture).
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Where is the flipper spring?

#15918 3 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Yup! That looks like the problem

#15919 3 years ago
Quoted from Green-Machine:

Yup! That looks like the problem

Rdoyle1978 beat me, but here is a pic of my under playfield flipper

16044548916067315784129641592984 (resized).jpg16044548916067315784129641592984 (resized).jpg
#15920 3 years ago

So here is a weird one. Had a few multiballs going on and had a ball hit the glass. The ball hit perfectly where the rail on top of the apron joins with the other rail and jumped on top of the apron!

Anyway. If some odd chance this happens to you, use a stool or something to have the ball roll backwards THEN pull the playfield glass off. I did that to avoid the ball wedging against the glass as you slide it out. Just passing that on. May play the lottery while I am at it lol.

20201103_203756 (resized).jpg20201103_203756 (resized).jpg
#15921 3 years ago
Quoted from chaz009:

You need a new plunger. Yours is worn and missing a bolt. Look at your other flippers.

LTG : )

bb5be1a2acbeaf220ef5ed3a6bb9ca55383b3375 (resized).jpgbb5be1a2acbeaf220ef5ed3a6bb9ca55383b3375 (resized).jpg
#15922 3 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

I took it off to try to play around. Even I, would have seen that.

There is a spring that I put back on.

#15923 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballj:

So here is a weird one. Had a few multiballs going on and had a ball hit the glass. The ball hit perfectly where the rail on top of the apron joins with the other rail and jumped on top of the apron!
Anyway. If some odd chance this happens to you, use a stool or something to have the ball roll backwards THEN pull the playfield glass off. I did that to avoid the ball wedging against the glass as you slide it out. Just passing that on. May play the lottery while I am at it lol.
[quoted image]

This happened to me once, I think on my STTNG - I used a stick to push the ball up off the apron before removing the glass

#15924 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballj:

[quoted image]

I had this too. I think a lot of us have. One thing you can do is loosen the screws that attach the silver rail to the apron, pull the rail up as high as it will go and re-tighten the screws.

#15925 3 years ago
Quoted from chaz009:

I took it off to try to play around. Even I, would have seen that.
There is a spring that I put back on.

Then I think LTG might have something with your flipper needing a bolt and some other attention. How did it get this worn already?

#15926 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

You need a new plunger. Yours is worn and missing a bolt. Look at your other flippers.

That hole is worn. Coil stop will be worn and end of plunger worn. The flipper plunger is traveling too far. I'd rebuild at least the lower two. New plunger assembly, new coil stop, new coil sleeve.

DSC00378 (resized).JPGDSC00378 (resized).JPG
#15927 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

That hole is worn. Coil stop will be worn and end of plunger worn. The flipper plunger is traveling too far. I'd rebuild at least the lower two. New plunger assembly, new coil stop, new coil sleeve.
LTG : )[quoted image]

Okay, I see what you are saying. I seem to be missing that part. How could I suddenly be missing that part? It was working fine until now.

Why does your picture (and mine) have that black part on top? I could be wrong but is it not rubberized? I feel like the rubber part is getting caught on the copper contact.

#15928 3 years ago
Quoted from chaz009:

I took it off to try to play around.

This video will help you.

#15929 3 years ago
Quoted from chaz009:

I feel like the rubber part is getting caught on the copper contact.

Yes. Because the pawl is worn along with the plunger and coil stop and traveling TOO FAR and hooking the end of the end of stroke leaf blade.

Quoted from chaz009:

I could be wrong but is it not rubberized?

Just a piece of heat shrink tubing.

#15930 3 years ago
Quoted from chaz009:

How could I suddenly be missing that part?

Broke, fell out, came unscrewed after a lot of play.

Quoted from chaz009:

It was working fine until now.

Everything works fine until it breaks.

#15931 3 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

I had this too. I think a lot of us have. One thing you can do is loosen the screws that attach the silver rail to the apron, pull the rail up as high as it will go and re-tighten the screws.

Good call, will check that!

#15932 3 years ago

When you see 16 new posts and hope the excitement has to do with an update.

On the brite side at least the flipper pic showed pretty easily what the problem was

#15933 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Broke, fell out, came unscrewed after a lot of play.

Everything works fine until it breaks.

I found the bolt and the two washers inside the cabinet. So, yep, it fell out. Is it possible I have been playing without it since I got it? Maybe it came out when it was moved?

I attempted to reinsert it and the flipper moves very slowly and not in the correct position now. Ugh! It would help if I knew what I was doing. I will check out the video you posted tomorrow.

Thank you very much for your help.

#15934 3 years ago
Quoted from chaz009:

Is it possible I have been playing without it since I got it? Maybe it came out when it was moved?

They usually come out during game play.

Quoted from chaz009:

It would help if I knew what I was doing. I will check out the video you posted tomorrow.

Compare to the other flipper too.

#15935 3 years ago
Quoted from chaz009:

Thank you very much for your help.

My pleasure. We want you enjoying your game.

Here you go - https://www.pinballlife.com/flipper-rebuild-kit-williamsbally-081993-101998-spooky-2014-present-jjp-2012-present.html

Rebuild one at a time so you can compare to the other one.

#15936 3 years ago

Does this foam serve a purpose or is it for shipping ?

147F4514-531D-4C3A-A837-A45945093566 (resized).jpeg147F4514-531D-4C3A-A837-A45945093566 (resized).jpeg
#15937 3 years ago
Quoted from Mrsiyufy:

Does this foam serve a purpose or is it for shipping ?
[quoted image]

Must be removed per instruction to slide Playfield in. Only used for transport

#15938 3 years ago

I'm trying this again because this is not making sense to me. If my under playfield flipper mech looks like pic #1, then why does my flipper stand up so much (pic #2)? I've been looking at this for a while and it doesn't make any sense.

Yes, I'm aware that it does not have the bolt through it to hold it (I had it in but took it out for the purpose of trying to figure this out) .... but to me my mech looks the exact same as the pic that pinballj kindly provided. In order for the flipper to go back down the plunger would have to go WAY down (past the bracket/rubber stopper).

It just doesn't make any sense to a novice like me. I've watched the video that LTG provided (which otherwise was very informative) but I don't see what's wrong.

2wsW4VTi (resized).jpg2wsW4VTi (resized).jpgXN72RwR (resized).jpgXN72RwR (resized).jpg
#15939 3 years ago
Quoted from chaz009:

I'm trying this again because this is not making sense to me. If my under playfield flipper mech looks like pic #1, then why does my flipper stand up so much (pic #2)? I've been looking at this for a while and it doesn't make any sense.
Yes, I'm aware that it does not have the bolt through it to hold it (I had it in but took it out for the purpose of trying to figure this out) .... but to me my mech looks the exact same as the pic that pinballj kindly provided. In order for the flipper to go back down the plunger would have to go WAY down (past the bracket/rubber stopper).
It just doesn't make any sense to a novice like me. I've watched the video that LTG provided (which otherwise was very informative) but I don't see what's wrong.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Is your flipper bat touching the playfield? Is the flipper moving easily when moving it with your hands?

#15940 3 years ago
Quoted from chaz009:

[quoted image][quoted image]

This also looks like a problem to me. It seems your flipper shaft may be pulled down too far causing your flipper to bind up

#15941 3 years ago

Is your flipper bat touching the playfield? Is the flipper moving easily when moving it with your hands?

The bat is not touching the playfield. The flipper bat has some wiggle room vertically but not as a flipper (because it’s stuck up ... can’t force it down but can force it up further with some force).

#15942 3 years ago
Quoted from chaz009:

The bat is not touching the playfield. The flipper bat has some wiggle room vertically but not as a flipper (because it’s stuck up ... can’t force it down but can force it up further with some force).

With the missing bolt back in, it isn’t working still?

#15943 3 years ago

With the missing bolt back in, it isn’t working still?

Unfortunately no. The flipper continues to be just stuck up.

#15944 3 years ago
Quoted from chaz009:

Unfortunately no. The flipper continues to be just stuck up.

If it’s not moving by hand and it isn’t bound up in the pivot then your coil and flipper shaft is bound up. Fix = new coil and new flipper assembly

#15945 3 years ago

You're sure the flipper isn't rotating within the linkage from the force of the flip? The link has to be clamped down on the shaft way tighter than some people think.

#15946 3 years ago
Quoted from chaz009:

why does my flipper stand up so much

Because with a broken plunger it don't work right.

#15947 3 years ago

If you flipper is up that high at rest, then loosen this nut and align it back down, then retighten this nut. Don't back it out all of the way, just enough so you can move the flipper bat without having to wrench too hard.

Inked69208baf1a8716558c615e80e6b2e0447b186710_LI (resized).jpgInked69208baf1a8716558c615e80e6b2e0447b186710_LI (resized).jpg
#15948 3 years ago

Do yourself a favor... before you screw up your 10k game get yourself a tech (or a pin savvy friend) to come out and help you rebuild your flippers. We all have to start somewhere but this isn’t a $900 beater game.

Rebuilding a flipper isn’t hard but it does take a little finesse and if you don’t line it up right you can gouge up your PF real good.

#15949 3 years ago

It’s obvious your plunger is shot. It’s flipper rebuilding kit time. The plunger looks bound crooked and it even looks overheated with the coloring of it

#15950 3 years ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

Do yourself a favor... before you screw up your 10k game get yourself a tech (or a pin savvy friend) to come out and help you rebuild your flippers. We all have to start somewhere but this isn’t a $900 beater game.
Rebuilding a flipper isn’t hard but it does take a little finesse and if you don’t line it up right you can gouge up your PF real good.

I kinda have to agree with this. I don't think I would want to attempt to rebuild my very first set of flippers on a JJPOTC. I mean, to many of us who have done this countless times it seems like no big deal. But I would rather learn on a $1000 Bally and not a 10k-12k JJPOTC. Find a local pinhead to help you out.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
20,950 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
La Cañada Flintridge, CA
$ 41.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
There are 18,810 posts in this topic. You are on page 319 of 377.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-pirates-of-the-caribbean-official-owners-and-fan-club/page/319 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.