(Topic ID: 200141)

JJP Pirates of the Caribbean Official Owners and Fan Club!

By goren1818

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 18,885 posts
  • 633 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 45 hours ago by Buzzie
  • Topic is favorited by 284 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pirates2 (resized).jpg
IMG_2296 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2297 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2298 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2299 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2301 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2300 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
20240330_165232 (resized).jpg
POTC_Mods_annotated (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2024-03-29 at 12.02.54 PM (resized).png
17117301082711484468150429261795 (resized).jpg
20240329_160033 (resized).jpg
431321214_1110342276953195_8816628931148154685_n (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223442061 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223435586 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

20 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,885 posts in this topic. You are on page 316 of 378.
#15751 3 years ago

#15752 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Ok maybe don't want Your picture on my game but since we have no new code to talk about a CRAZY idea..... I think it would be kind of cool (ish) if a blank character was added with a generic or customizable ruleset that you could add Your own picture. Kind of a custom personal owner character. The EaglePin Tortuga slayer or something. Personalized would be fun.

That would be awesome!!!

#15753 3 years ago

The actuated chest mod arrived today and got it installed. What an amazing upgrade! I asked earlier, and for anyone else wondering the latest version is quite a bit better engineered than the version in the how to videos. Nice work @harryhoudini.

#15754 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Will GNR get the same treatment with code?

GNR is shipping with complete code (1.0+), Wonka shipped with complete code too.

#15755 3 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

GNR is shipping with complete code (1.0+), Wonka shipped with complete code too.

So the final wizard is in GNR?

Any word on Pirates? I sure hope they revisit that.

#15756 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

So the final wizard is in GNR?
Any word on Pirates? I sure hope they revisit that.

I believe so. There are a few posts of people making it there. The word I heard for Joe and Keith directly is that it wasn't abandoned and will get finished. I think that they just need the time and they want to do it right and not just "check the box" as completed. Since new games ship with completed code (per Pat), those are higher priority. I'm waiting with every Pirates owner. I may never get to the final wizard mode, but I can wait for their good work. It may take a while for GNR to die down a bit. Keith, Joe, and the team will come through.

#15757 3 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

I believe so. There are a few posts of people making it there. The word I heard for Joe and Keith directly is that it wasn't abandoned and will get finished. I think that they just need the time and they want to do it right and not just "check the box" as completed. Since new games ship with completed code (per Pat), those are higher priority. I'm waiting with every Pirates owner. I may never get to the final wizard mode, but I can wait for their good work. It may take a while for GNR to die down a bit. Keith, Joe, and the team will come through.

Well at least if it’s coded in and after years of ownership we don’t get close, we can always pop the glass off to give it a go! Lol

#15758 3 years ago
Quoted from jarozi:

The actuated chest mod arrived today and got it installed. What an amazing upgrade! I asked earlier, and for anyone else wondering the latest version is quite a bit better engineered than the version in the how to videos.

Crazy. I just got mine today too and I just finished installing it! After seeing it in action, I'd say it's a must have add-on. It's like a whole new major toy on the playfield. It took me a while to sort through the various videos to match the most up-to-date parts, but it ultimately worked on the first go.

#15759 3 years ago
20201016_201903 (resized).jpg20201016_201903 (resized).jpg20201016_201924 (resized).jpg20201016_201924 (resized).jpg20201016_201927 (resized).jpg20201016_201927 (resized).jpg20201016_201948 (resized).jpg20201016_201948 (resized).jpg20201016_202007 (resized).jpg20201016_202007 (resized).jpg20201016_202024 (resized).jpg20201016_202024 (resized).jpg
#15760 3 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

So there are 2-3 different hats you can get, a eye patch.

Anyone have a photo of the parrot on the shoulder? I haven’t seen that one yet.

#15761 3 years ago

If you disable the camera before starting game and get a high score it shows a parrot instead of a picture of you.

#15762 3 years ago

That’s just trollling!! Wonder what I’m doing wrong. Maybe lighting?

#15763 3 years ago

Where are people getting posters of the rules flowchart? Is there a high res image that one could have a poster made? What is the correct size? The image that I have does not seem to be high enough resolution to make a proper poster.

JJP-POTC-rulesflow (resized).jpgJJP-POTC-rulesflow (resized).jpg
#15764 3 years ago
Quoted from kcZ:

Where are people getting posters of the rules flowchart? Is there a high res image that one could have a poster made? What is the correct size? The image that I have does not seem to be high enough resolution to make a proper poster.
[quoted image]

I got one from Eric at MGC last year. I think JJP could possibly send one?

#15765 3 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

I believe Eric's brother Chris ( Kingpin Games ) had them made and gave out at MGC last year. Not JJP.

LTG : )

#15766 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

I believe Eric's brother Chris ( Kingpin Games ) had them made and gave out at MGC last year. Not JJP.
LTG : )

Ahhh so Chris is the one who actually made them. Did not know that.

#15767 3 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Great shots! Glad to see someone making goofy faces via the camera!

#15768 3 years ago

Yar, permission to come aboard, you salty sea scabs! 8D0C6CF6-DE1A-41EE-B3DD-C012D6425FA4 (resized).jpeg8D0C6CF6-DE1A-41EE-B3DD-C012D6425FA4 (resized).jpeg

#15769 3 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

Can you please take a high res picture of it and post it or upload to Dropbox? I would make a donation for this.

#15770 3 years ago
Quoted from Jecco74:

Can you please take a high res picture of it and post it or upload to Dropbox? I would make a donation for this.

There's a high res version of this in the PDF manual, page A-24. It doesn't have the pirate themed background though if that's important to you.

Otherwise, the best online version I was able to find is attached. Good luck with it.

POTC-Rules-Flow.jpgPOTC-Rules-Flow.jpg
#15771 3 years ago

looking for help with a broken opto wire. It's the right spinner on the Black Pearl. Picture attached but low quality. The green wire broke flush with the opto. There is very little slack in the harness. Is there a way to remove the broken wire from the opto? then re-insert green wire after stripping it a little bit. I assume it is a simple interference fit push in connection. Or do I buy a new opto because I can't get the broken wire out?

Appreciate your ideas.

IMG_0085 (resized).jpgIMG_0085 (resized).jpg
#15772 3 years ago
Quoted from tourney9000:

looking for help with a broken opto wire. It's the right spinner on the Black Pearl. Picture attached but low quality. The green wire broke flush with the opto. There is very little slack in the harness. Is there a way to remove the broken wire from the opto? then re-insert green wire after stripping it a little bit. I assume it is a simple interference fit push in connection. Or do I buy a new opto because I can't get the broken wire out?
Appreciate your ideas.
[quoted image]

Do you have access to a solder sucker? That would be the easiest way to get it out.

#15773 3 years ago
Quoted from jarozi:

the best online version I was able to find is attached

JP posted a high res version of it here. http://tiltforums.com/t/pinball-code-mind-map-flowchart/2678/11?u=axl

maybe someone from JJP can post the PDF?

#15774 3 years ago
Quoted from kcZ:

Awesome game tonght. 2 wizard modes started, hit the third one but the light went out before I hit it.. apparently they are timed?
I don't usually choose Norrington but rather Tia Dalma thinking that would help me achieve wizard modes cause I can pick chapters... I guess that was wrong.
This game is a work of art! Cannot wait to get GnR.[quoted image][quoted image]

Can you either post a photo of how your topper is installed or PM me directly? I have the topper but have absolutely no understanding of how to install it. I think I must be missing part(s).

Thanks,

Darin (and great game!)

#15775 3 years ago

I'm not from JJP but here is a pdf from the high res version.

Quoted from Axl:

JP posted a high res version of it here. http://tiltforums.com/t/pinball-code-mind-map-flowchart/2678/11?u=axl
maybe someone from JJP can post the PDF?

9c5e4c8560f69fae9245c1016410630.pdf9c5e4c8560f69fae9245c1016410630.pdf

#15776 3 years ago
Quoted from tourney9000:

Appreciate your ideas.
[quoted image]

Replace the opto. There is a kit that JJP provides that includes an opto and a protector for the opto. Create a ticket online http://store.jerseyjackpinball.com/Support-Form/ . They might provide the kit and opto protector free of charge.

#15777 3 years ago

My plunger has suddenly become to weak to launch the ball, any tips on a replacement spring?

#15778 3 years ago
Quoted from adamross:

My plunger has suddenly become to weak to launch the ball, any tips on a replacement spring?

Before you replace the spring, check if the plunger is hitting the auto launch. When you release the plunger it shouldn't cause the launcher to move. Mine does, so I put a small rubber foot (the kind you might stick on the bottom of a small device) under the playfield to keep the launcher from rotating into the path of the plunger.

#15779 3 years ago

Also check the shooter tip - if it's broken you'll lose a lot of power. That's happened twice on mine because of the way it hit the auto launch.

#15780 3 years ago
Quoted from bbulkley:

Before you replace the spring, check if the plunger is hitting the auto launch. When you release the plunger it shouldn't cause the launcher to move. Mine does, so I put a small rubber foot (the kind you might stick on the bottom of a small device) under the playfield to keep the launcher from rotating into the path of the plunger.

Took a slo-mo vid and from what I can make it appears to be hitting the auto launcher. Where exactly did you put the rubber foot?

#15781 3 years ago

Here you go!

936C07B0-57EE-4BD2-A7AC-4DFF1FB96091 (resized).jpeg936C07B0-57EE-4BD2-A7AC-4DFF1FB96091 (resized).jpegD41A4083-3335-47D0-BC58-392E36747138 (resized).jpegD41A4083-3335-47D0-BC58-392E36747138 (resized).jpeg
#15782 3 years ago

The foot I had on hand was much thicker than necessary, so I cut the top off. Mine didn't need more than a couple mm to clear the shooter.

#15783 3 years ago

Any info on how to "read" the star map for next lit shot on the LE? I don't understand that part of the game at all.

#15784 3 years ago
Quoted from bbulkley:

Here you go!
[quoted image][quoted image]

Super helpful, thanks!

#15785 3 years ago
Quoted from VolunteerPin:

Any info on how to "read" the star map for next lit shot on the LE? I don't understand that part of the game at all.

That has been talked abouy before. As far as I know, no one has "mapped out" the constellation shapes and the corresponding shot. The new code (whenever that comes out) will have Carina Smyth with the constellation shot always lite

#15786 3 years ago
Quoted from Heater:

That has been talked abouy before. As far as I know, no one has "mapped out" the constellation shapes and the corresponding shot. The new code (whenever that comes out) will have Carina Smyth with the constellation shot always lite

AArrrr Smyth the code!!

#15787 3 years ago
Quoted from VolunteerPin:

I can make out the chest and count the X's. I think one may be the Maelstrom ramp? I haven't paid attention to it lately.

#15788 3 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

I can make out the chest and count the X's. I think one may be the Maelstrom ramp? I haven't paid attention to it lately.

There's also the ship for the right ramp shot, some letters for the PIRATE lanes, and I think maybe the ship's door for the map hole. Also I think maybe ones for the Devil's triangle & the Star Map shots, and probably a few others that I'm not remembering too. Maybe also a letter for a GOLD target, but I'm not positive on that.

#15789 3 years ago
Quoted from Heater:

As far as I know, no one has "mapped out" the constellation shapes and the corresponding shot.

It is the most disappointing feature of the game for me. I wish somebody would map at least some of them out and maybe I could learn to read the map myself. Right now, I only see a bunch of flashing lights.

#15790 3 years ago

Shoot the "Start Chapter" shot while Start Chapter is not lit. The Constellation Shot will be flash white on the playfield for 1-2 seconds. Try doing it at the very beginning of the game a couple times to get a better understanding of what to look for without the distraction of additional shots lit up on the playfield. Once you are able to do this, you have a method to start recognizing what shot corresponds to each constellation pattern on the Start Map. Use the status screen to see how many constellations are needed to light extra ball.

IMO I kinda appreciate the challenge of earning the extra ball.

#15791 3 years ago
Quoted from Burley9043:

It is the most disappointing feature of the game for me. I wish somebody would map at least some of them out and maybe I could learn to read the map myself. Right now, I only see a bunch of flashing lights.

I think there are some good options available if you want:
A) Change the settings in the menu so the Star Map light pattern is easier to read

B) Hit the Star Map shot while you're playing and look for the flash to see what to hit

C) Make a guide for yourself by doing the following:
1) take the glass off, look at the pattern of lights flashing in the Star Map
2) trigger a target in the Star Map area, and see which switch flashes in the playfield.
3) trigger that switch to collect it, and look at the screen to see what the Star Map was drawing.
4) take notes and repeat

Because even if someone made a guide on what the different symbols are that the Star Map draws, you'd still have to learn how to read & recognize all those symbols' light patterns as they flash to recognize them.

#15792 3 years ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

I think there are some good options available if you want:

Thanks for the tips. I will give them a try.

#15793 3 years ago

Anyone have the Radcals option ? Do you install them over the stock art - or do you have to remove what’s already on there first ?

#15794 3 years ago
Quoted from Mrsiyufy:

Anyone have the Radcals option ? Do you install them over the stock art - or do you have to remove what’s already on there first ?

What’s this?

#15795 3 years ago

I assume he means does anyone have radcals on their game?

#15796 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinballomatic:

I assume he means does anyone have radcals on their game?

I don’t know what radicals are

#15797 3 years ago
Quoted from Green-Machine:

I don’t know what radicals are

Oh they are high-end glossy photo looking cabinet decals. They come on the GnR CE for example. POTC had regular decals on the LE but you could buy Radcals if you wanted back then instead.

#15798 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinballomatic:

Oh they are high-end glossy photo looking cabinet decals. They come on the GnR CE for example. POTC had regular decals on the LE but you could buy Radcals if you wanted back then instead.

Oh gotcha! I was thinking it was different artwork

#15799 3 years ago
Quoted from Green-Machine:

Oh gotcha! I was thinking it was different artwork

Best of the JJP rad cals in my opinion slightly biased but still my opinion is on Hobbit. I saw a Hobbit LE next to a Radcal LE and I must say I was impressed

#15800 3 years ago
Quoted from Mrsiyufy:

I installed radcals on top of existing art. I was very very happy with them!

https://www.icloud.com/sharedalbum/#B11GrhkPxG8hK2N

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 38.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Machine - For Sale
Smithtown, NY
24,999 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Frisco, TX
$ 45.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Vernon, BC
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 49.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks

$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 35.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

Wanted
$ 38.00
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 18,885 posts in this topic. You are on page 316 of 378.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-pirates-of-the-caribbean-official-owners-and-fan-club/page/316?hl=mrsiyufy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.