(Topic ID: 200141)

JJP Pirates of the Caribbean Official Owners and Fan Club!

By goren1818

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 18,885 posts
  • 633 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 34 hours ago by Buzzie
  • Topic is favorited by 284 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pirates2 (resized).jpg
IMG_2296 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2297 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2298 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2299 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2301 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2300 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
20240330_165232 (resized).jpg
POTC_Mods_annotated (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2024-03-29 at 12.02.54 PM (resized).png
17117301082711484468150429261795 (resized).jpg
20240329_160033 (resized).jpg
431321214_1110342276953195_8816628931148154685_n (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223442061 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223435586 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

20 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,885 posts in this topic. You are on page 315 of 378.
#15701 3 years ago
Quoted from Betelgeuse:

Joined the club today! It was between this or GnR, and I think I made the right move for me. This game really shines more in a home setting.

Congrats! Can't say yet whether I agree with your contention, but I look forward to making my own comparison!

#15702 3 years ago
Quoted from Jecco74:

Sometimes when the ball drains the machine doesn’t recognize that it drained and I have to manually start a new ball. Has anyone had this happen? Ideas on what to look for? Thank you.

Test your trough sensors first thing

#15703 3 years ago

Now that GnR is out, any news on Pirates code?

#15704 3 years ago
Quoted from Heater:

On some of the chapters, if all the characters that are needed are on the lower half of the playfield, the post will come up to keep the ball down below. It is suppose to help but I've found it more of a pain, especially when I hit it and the ball comes back SDTM. There has been requests to JJP for the new update (whenever that is) to be able to disable that feature. I hope this helps if this is the issue you are discussing!

It's my understanding that the post above the upper flipper will come up to block the orbit shot when the map hole or inner orbit is lit for a character, the thinking being that the ball will bounce back and give you a shot at the hole or orbit. Personally, since I never expect the post to be up, and the ball bounces back so fast, I've never successfully made that shot.

#15705 3 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

Congrats! Can't say yet whether I agree with your contention, but I look forward to making my own comparison!

Thanks! I'll say it was certainly not an easy decision to make, but I tend to favor more mech loaded games. Four straight sleepless nights of internal conflict and talking to friends that played GNR was enough. I also figured swapping out Pirates for GNR later would likely be easier than the other way around.

#15706 3 years ago
Quoted from Betelgeuse:

Thanks! I'll say it was certainly not an easy decision to make, but I tend to favor more mech loaded games. Four straight sleepless nights of internal conflict and talking to friends that played GNR was enough. I also figured swapping out Pirates for GNR later would likely be easier than the other way around.

GnR will be plentiful for much, much longer. Unless new games are produced. So if you really wanted POTC, you made the ONLY choice!

#15707 3 years ago
Quoted from arzoo:

It's my understanding that the post above the upper flipper will come up to block the orbit shot when the map hole or inner orbit is lit for a character, the thinking being that the ball will bounce back and give you a shot at the hole or orbit. Personally, since I never expect the post to be up, and the ball bounces back so fast, I've never successfully made that shot.

Lol, yep they call it post assist but it only seems to assist in bouncing the ball back down the middle on me. I don’t usually get the upper flipper on it because I’m thinking I’ve hit a clean orbit shot so I’m turning my attention to the pops. Out of the left orbit on mine the ball goes off the upper flipper to the lower right flipper, but off the post on mine it’s usually SDTM.

#15708 3 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

I have it installed on my Pirates and highly recommend it. Works great and a must mod IMHO!

Not only is it a great visual indicator for when the chest is ready to lock a ball, it's REALLY cool to see the chest actually open and close while hearing the accompanying creaking sound effect that's already in the game!

Where can I get this? If it's a must mod, then I must have it!! Sounds great!

#15710 3 years ago
Quoted from Betelgeuse:

POTC is the funnest game to play....ever!!

#15711 3 years ago

Quick question....Had my Pirates for a while. I’ve been wanting to ask about the spinning disk. Is it supposed to be spinning all the time or is it more random? I can’t seem to understand when it should or shouldn’t be spinning. There are some instances when I’m in a multi ball and would expect it to be going wild.

#15712 3 years ago
Quoted from TomN:

Quick question....Had my Pirates for a while. I’ve been wanting to ask about the spinning disk. Is it supposed to be spinning all the time or is it more random? I can’t seem to understand when it should or shouldn’t be spinning. There are some instances when I’m in a multi ball and would expect it to be going wild.

The map targets get it spinning, I believe. It ends up spinning most of the time.

#15713 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

The map targets get it spinning, I believe. It ends up spinning most of the time.

You are correct. No setting to increase duration or intensity?

#15714 3 years ago
Quoted from TomN:

You are correct. No setting to increase duration or intensity?

Unfortunately no. Every time any of the map standups are hit, its spins for a set period of time

#15715 3 years ago

I just disabled my spinning disk a long time ago and don't miss it at all. Noisy(even with the kit) and causes some nasty drains at times.

#15716 3 years ago

Have we heard anything about 1.00?

#15717 3 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

Have we heard anything about 1.00?

ROFL

#15718 3 years ago

I check back from time to time hoping for some news. I guess nothing so far. I am patient but am starting to get bummer. I want the improved characters! Will make this game even better.

#15719 3 years ago
Quoted from BC_Gambit:

I check back from time to time hoping for some news. I guess nothing so far. I am patient but am starting to get bummer. I want the improved characters! Will make this game even better.

Totally agree. It is frustrating that we KNOW there is a beta that’s been out for months and still... nothing. I don’t know if it’s good or not that GnR is out, since now all resources are going to that. It will obviously be a big seller. Maybe I need to get back to cracking that USB dongle

#15720 3 years ago

About what I expected.

#15721 3 years ago

Since it includes the WIFI and BT update they may have wanted to wait until after GnR so it could be first. I don’t think it will be long now.

#15722 3 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Maybe I need to get back to cracking that USB dongle

Wait, you think you might be able to tap into the code and change it yourself?

#15723 3 years ago
Quoted from jarozi:

Since it includes the WIFI and BT update they may have wanted to wait until after GnR so it could be first. I don’t think it will be long now.

Sincerely hope you're correct!

#15724 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballslave:

Wait, you think you might be able to tap into the code and change it yourself?

Yes. The dongle they use is not proprietary for JJP; it's been in use for a number of years and there's a crack tool for it. However, it's still kind of obscure so not that easy to use. And if you screw up, you brick the game, requiring another dongle. So I've not really wanted to try too hard

#15725 3 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Yes. The dongle they use is not proprietary for JJP; it's been in use for a number of years and there's a crack tool for it. However, it's still kind of obscure so not that easy to use. And if you screw up, you brick the game, requiring another dongle. So I've not really wanted to try too hard

As there is currently no actual software update I see no risk/reward in hacking the dongle and possibly brick you game? When the update is ready from what I understand the first update will enable the WiFi feature followed by an update so it actually does something.

#15726 3 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

It is frustrating that we KNOW there is a beta that’s been out for months and still... nothing.

Beta code that isn't done yet or tested.

I know it's hard. Give it time.

LTG : )

#15727 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

As there is currently no actual software update I see no risk/reward in hacking the dongle and possibly brick you game? When the update is ready from what I understand the first update will enable the WiFi feature followed by an update so it actually does something.

The specific dongle ID is referenced on the hard drive. So if you brick the game, you have to be able to bypass the boot process to reinstall the O/S, OR clone the hard drive and swap it then immediately clone the HD again. If you Brick it again, rinse/repeat. Both are a PITA I don’t have time yet for -

#15728 3 years ago

I wasn't necessarily trying for 999,999 but I was disappointed when I came up six points short.

20201013_075346 (resized).jpg20201013_075346 (resized).jpg
#15729 3 years ago

Hi guys. I need to replace a fuse on the I/O board in the backbox of my POTC. I’m looking online and I can’t find out for sure if it’s a slow blow or a fast blow fuse, the Jersey Jack manual doesn’t seem to mention it either. It’s a 250 V 7 amp fuse one of multiple that go in the backbox. Does anyone know what they use - it looks like slow blow according to Marco specialties but I’m not sure. Thanks.

#15730 3 years ago
Quoted from GamerRick:

Does anyone know what they use

Slow blow.

#15731 3 years ago
Quoted from GamerRick:

slow blow or a fast blow fuse, the Jersey Jack manual

Page D-90 in the manual. Time Delayed. That's slow blow.

#15732 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Slow blow.

Quoted from LTG:

Page D-90 in the manual. Time Delayed. That's slow blow.

Thanks Lloyd. You truly are great!

#15733 3 years ago

Awesome game tonght. 2 wizard modes started, hit the third one but the light went out before I hit it.. apparently they are timed?

I don't usually choose Norrington but rather Tia Dalma thinking that would help me achieve wizard modes cause I can pick chapters... I guess that was wrong.

This game is a work of art! Cannot wait to get GnR.

PXL_20201016_003700811 (resized).jpgPXL_20201016_003700811 (resized).jpgPXL_20201016_003727339 (resized).jpgPXL_20201016_003727339 (resized).jpg
#15734 3 years ago
Quoted from kcZ:

Awesome game tonght. 2 wizard modes started, hit the third one but the light went out before I hit it.. apparently they are timed?

Once you light a wizard mode, it stays lit. If you start a chapter though or another MB while it is lit, it turns off until that mode/MB is over. You can only start a wizard mode when nothing else is running.

#15735 3 years ago

So has anybody .. like EVER ... gotten a pirate hat/patch? It has not happened even ONE time on my game. Just checked. Literally not once. Is this not a real feature?

#15736 3 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

So has anybody .. like EVER ... gotten a pirate hat/patch? It has not happened even ONE time on my game. Just checked. Literally not once. Is this not a real feature?

I've gotten a few. I don't know how or why I got them, but I have.

#15737 3 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Only maybe a handful of times in many, many, many hundreds of games for me.

#15738 3 years ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

Only maybe a handful of times in many, many, many hundreds of games for me.

Ok that is disappointing. Another thing to fix...

#15739 3 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

I got a patch last past night on an unspectacular game

#15740 3 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

I wish there was an adjustment for this but apparently it’s a combination of camera/ face angle and distance. I’ve stood closer recently while entering initials and tilted head down slightly and all of a sudden I’m getting hats and eye patches. Thought someone said there is a parrot too but haven’t seen that yet.

On another note, we ever going to get this long awaited code update? Makes me hesitant to pull trigger on GNR.

#15741 3 years ago

I have only had my game for a week and have seen the eye patch and pirate hats a handful of times. Would love to see it more often!

#15742 3 years ago

I hear the new updated Code has added to the photos not only a beard but multiple mug shots of pinsiders who have complained about not getting the code update.

#15743 3 years ago
Quoted from Green-Machine:

I hear the new updated Code has added to the photos not only a beard but multiple mug shots of pinsiders who have complained about not getting the code update.

It’s long over due, spend this much money you want it finished sooner than later.

Will GNR get the same treatment with code?

#15744 3 years ago
Quoted from Green-Machine:I hear the new updated Code has added to the photos not only a beard but multiple mug shots of pinsiders who have complained about not getting the code update.

FINALLY somebody thinks I'm #1 !

#15745 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

It’s long over due, spend this much money you want it finished sooner than later.
Will GNR get the same treatment with code?

My mug shot will be there too!!

#15746 3 years ago

Ha!!! I'd volunteer my picture for that if it meant getting code soon, although I'm pretty sure nobody would want to see my mug shot popping up on their machine

#15747 3 years ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

Ha!!! I'd volunteer my picture for that if it meant getting code soon, although I'm pretty sure nobody would want to see my mug shot popping up on their machine

Look, sometimes you just gotta take one for the team...

#15748 3 years ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

Ok maybe don't want Your picture on my game but since we have no new code to talk about a CRAZY idea..... I think it would be kind of cool (ish) if a blank character was added with a generic or customizable ruleset that you could add Your own picture. Kind of a custom personal owner character. The EaglePin Tortuga slayer or something. Personalized would be fun.

#15749 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Ok maybe don't want Your picture on my game but since we have no new code to talk about a CRAZY idea..... I think it would be kind of cool (ish) if a blank character was added with a generic or customizable ruleset that you could add Your own picture. Kind of a custom personal owner character. The EaglePin Tortuga slayer or something. Personalized would be fun.

That would be cool; I would pay for DLC like that; custom character(s) where you can pick and choose perks and penalties from a given list. Might be a bitch to playtest if somehow some combo's were unstable, but if you wanted to through play balance out the window you could have a character for your mom or whatever that has 5 balls, gives easy multiballs, etc... , you could also maybe have a character that has a 3 minute ball saver or something, and only gets a single ball (one shot is all I need, arrrr... ).

That would be crazy. JJP level crazy.

#15750 3 years ago

Well fuck where do I submit my picture. Or do we have to wait 3 years and give ghostbusters a run for the money. Wonder what title JJP will concentrate on now once again leaving PoTC behind.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 39.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Smithtown, NY
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 41.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Vernon, BC
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Wanted
$ 20.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 24.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 35.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Mod Co.

There are 18,885 posts in this topic. You are on page 315 of 378.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-pirates-of-the-caribbean-official-owners-and-fan-club/page/315?hl=gnarlee and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.