(Topic ID: 200141)

JJP Pirates of the Caribbean Official Owners and Fan Club!

By goren1818

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 18,810 posts
  • 633 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 15 days ago by insight75
  • Topic is favorited by 284 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

431321214_1110342276953195_8816628931148154685_n (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223442061 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223435586 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240204_044856660.MP (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240203-170723 (resized).png
PXL_20240128_214506994 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240128_224833483.MP (resized).jpg
IMG_0980 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0982 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0981 (resized).jpeg
download (resized).jpg
IMG_6275 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6274 (resized).jpeg
8b9srv (resized).jpg
20231211_131402 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

20 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,810 posts in this topic. You are on page 314 of 377.
#15651 3 years ago

Also make sure the underside cup is clean and the pop point pivots smoothly and is correctly touching.

#15652 3 years ago
Quoted from Green-Machine:

While I’m under the hood can you tell me why this happens? It sticks like this often
[quoted image]

Butch was working with me on this very same issue. He felt it was the same, but we ended up diagnosing that I just needed to unscrew and reorient the mount for the leaf switch underneath.

Having taken it apart, and found the spring tucked inside, doing the adjustment would have saved me a decent bit of frustration, as I needed to remove the shooter rail to get access to the top of that pop bumper.

#15653 3 years ago

While I’m under the hood can you tell me why this happens? It sticks like this often
[quoted image]

could also just need to be adjusted. that pieces pushes on a spoon underneath which closes a switch. If the spoon is too close to the skirt (underneath) it can cause skirt to get stuck like that

*edit- didnt see new page started

#15654 3 years ago
Quoted from GnarLee:

could also just need to be adjusted. that pieces pushes on a spoon underneath which closes a switch. If the spoon is too close to the skirt (underneath) it can cause skirt to get stuck like that
*edit- didnt see new page started

Quoted from wesman:

Butch was working with me on this very same issue. He felt it was the same, but we ended up diagnosing that I just needed to unscrew and reorient the mount for the leaf switch underneath.
Having taken it apart, and found the spring tucked inside, doing the adjustment would have saved me a decent bit of frustration, as I needed to remove the shooter rail to get access to the top of that pop bumper.

Quoted from Yelobird:

Also make sure the underside cup is clean and the pop point pivots smoothly and is correctly touching.

Thank you all.... I tinkered with it for a bit today but had other obligations and didn’t get much time to figure it out. I’ll try again tomorrow.

#15655 3 years ago

A grateful longtime member, I have now left the club. I have a really scarce Pirates of the Caribbean: Salazar's Revenge 27x40 theatrical poster in like new shape, rolled for sale for $50. Looked perfect next to my game framed, will next to yours. If interested, shoot me a PM. Thank you for the wonderful times and many blessings.

20200928_160137 (resized).jpg20200928_160137 (resized).jpg
#15656 3 years ago

Has anyone documented a playfield swap for JJP PotC yet?

#15657 3 years ago

Has anyone documented a playfield swap for JJP PotC yet?

Not documented that I know of. I would even go so far as to say no one has even done it.

#15658 3 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

Not documented that I know of. I would even go so far as to say no one has even done it.

I’m not sure if I’ll ever have the free time to do it. I know a guy that will do it for price. But still looking like months of waiting for it to be done.

#15659 3 years ago
Quoted from cheshirefilms:

A grateful longtime member, I have now left the club. I have a really scarce Pirates of the Caribbean: Salazar's Revenge 27x40 theatrical poster in like new shape, rolled for sale for $50. Looked perfect next to my game framed, will next to yours. If interested, shoot me a PM. Thank you for the wonderful times and many blessings.[quoted image]

One last thing. I have a tremendous noise cancelling audio solution for LE and CE owners from Parrot Zik, with case, extra battery and super long aux cable. Really makes the immersion of the game go to new heights, and your family/friends will thank you too, for the additional quiet. $100 shipped. Please PM me if interested

20201004_150937 (resized).jpg20201004_150937 (resized).jpg
#15660 3 years ago

Hopefully joining the club this week with an LE! Is there only one version of the chest mod? And what are the other must have mods ?

#15661 3 years ago
Quoted from Mrsiyufy:

Hopefully joining the club this week with an LE! Is there only one version of the chest mod? And what are the other must have mods ?

Check out all of the JJPOTC mods that Lior has at his pinside shop or Instagram for lots of photos. (Website is still under construction)

Great looking mods.

#15662 3 years ago

Finally!

I have been playing Cotton exclusively to try to get him above 5 million since he was the only character left to reach that benchmark. I was so sick and tired of playing with him because he sucks so badly and honestly isn't much fun to use. I came close before, I had a game awhile back where I was destroying it, but the game decided to teach me a lesson with a couple of basically plunge - instadrains, so I ended up short at around 3.7 mil. Finally tonight, I doubled down and said I've got to knock this one out. Took several games, but finally, Cotton is in the 5 mil club. I had to basically beat On Stranger Tides wizard mode to do it. I was on level 5 of it and had filled the cup, then apparently you still need to shoot the orbit again after that to drink it...ugh. Cool graphics and effects when you get the cup filled though. Even with 5x running for several of those shots and almost completing that wizard mode, I still only got 527k on the mode...but I used that to squeak it out. I am not going to try for 6 mil across the board and I am NOT going to be playing Cotton again anytime soon. Now I'm set too just in case we all get lucky and the JJPPOTC code update is announced tomorrow along with GNR.

PXL_20201005_011120411 (resized).jpgPXL_20201005_011120411 (resized).jpg
#15663 3 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

Finally!
I have been playing Cotton exclusively to try to get him above 5 million since he was the only character left to reach that benchmark. I was so sick and tired of playing with him because he sucks so badly and honestly isn't much fun to use. I came close before, I had a game awhile back where I was destroying it, but the game decided to teach me a lesson with a couple of basically plunge - instadrains, so I ended up short at around 3.7 mil. Finally tonight, I doubled down and said I've got to knock this one out. Took several games, but finally, Cotton is in the 5 mil club. I had to basically beat On Stranger Tides wizard mode to do it. I was on level 5 of it and had filled the cup, then apparently you still need to shoot the orbit again after that to drink it...ugh. Cool graphics and effects when you get the cup filled though. Even with 5x running for several of those shots and almost completing that wizard mode, I still only got 527k on the mode...but I used that to squeak it out. I am not going to try for 6 mil across the board and I am NOT going to be playing Cotton again anytime soon. Now I'm set too just in case we all get lucky and the JJPPOTC code update is announced tomorrow along with GNR.
[quoted image]

Wow is all I can say. I spent an hour with Pirates today, such an Amazing game still never gets old but my scores aren't Half what your pulling down. Looks like I need a Lot more practice lol.

#15666 3 years ago

I posted this in the GNR countdown thread but does anyone else think we might see additional smaller announcements or updates from JJP, since they have been so quiet for so long?

I wonder if they use the new table announcement to also spotlight the wireless update feature (along with code updates for each table to get it...including the POTC update) and the Bluetooth headphone feature (makes perfect sense alongside a music pin reveal)?

#15667 3 years ago

Can someone please check for me the ball trough transmitter board and see if the part number is 15-0004-01 rev. 04?

I'm not near my game and won't be for a while and I want to order a replacement.

Thanks!

#15668 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballslave:

Can someone please check for me the ball trough transmitter board and see if the part number is 15-0004-01 rev. 04?
I'm not near my game and won't be for a while and I want to order a replacement.
Thanks!

The manual is online - transmitter board is 15-000004-01. Receiver is 15-000004-00.

#15669 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

The manual is online - transmitter board is 15-000004-01. Receiver is 15-000004-00.

Ok, thanks... strange that there are 2 more zeros in the "correct" part... now I'm wondering what the difference is between 15-0004-01 and 15-000004-01... apart from the two extra zeros! More importantly, will the 15-0004-01 work in PotC?? If anyone knows that it would be excellent!!! I can get the '0004' version from a local supplier... and that would get my game working again!!

#15670 3 years ago

Taking a shot and posting here. If anyone wants to sell an SE or LE that has a playfield without pooling or chipping. I’ll pay more than the Pinside estimated value. Please PM if you have one you would consider selling.

#15671 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Wow is all I can say. I spent an hour with Pirates today, such an Amazing game still never gets old but my scores aren't Half what your pulling down. Looks like I need a Lot more practice lol.

You can get there. I love the game and I play it a lot, it's definitely my go to game at home. I watched a lot of videos on it and try to do certain things with the different characters to get high scores while playing for completion too. Once you get into certain habits, avoid sucker shots and find strategies and characters that work for you, you'll get there. Honestly to get the really big scores 8 mil+, you have to have a big wizard mode involved, there just isn't any way around that really. So if you lose that big skull value or fail on the wizard mode, no matter how well you play, you aren't going to get monster scores. I'd love to say I can do that all the time, but I can't. Even if you know how to set it up and can set it up, luck still plays a big part.

#15673 3 years ago

I have a low play mint LE , No pooling or scratches on the game, Cliffy's and star post kits installed 1st week..No other mods...Anyone have an idea on a real street value of the game ? I am thinking about selling and getting a gnr Thanks

#15674 3 years ago

Would probably start at 15K. Can always go down. If you want to sell it quickly, list it at 13.5K

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#15676 3 years ago

Breaking news: pinball machine spotted at pinball factory.

#15677 3 years ago
Quoted from bbulkley:

Looks brand new ready to ship.

#15678 3 years ago

Hard to say if it's brand new? I would expect the head to be wrapped in plastic if it were ready to box up. Also, seems like if JJP were to make another run they would change up the side art or the powder coating colors? And what's up with all those microwave ovens?
Screenshot 2020-10-06 204808 (resized).pngScreenshot 2020-10-06 204808 (resized).png

#15679 3 years ago
Quoted from arzoo:

Hard to say if it's brand new? I would expect the head to be wrapped in plastic if it were ready to box up. Also, seems like if JJP were to make another run they would change up the side art or the powder coating colors? And what's up with all those microwave ovens?
[quoted image]

Microwaves are for the workers. Stern has a giant wall of them too and they actually have to stagger lunch times and start pre-heating workers lunches so everyone can eat. It's crazy. Looks like a single pin and that POTC is probably a break area test game they haven't set up in the new location yet. That's what those playable GNR pins are. They wouldn't be keeping pins ready to ship out by the lunch tables and microwaves.

#15680 3 years ago

Looks like a brand new POTC to me...

#15681 3 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

Looks like a brand new POTC to me...

That's Slash's personal road POTC. Takes it with him EVERYWHERE.

#15682 3 years ago
Quoted from arzoo:

And what's up with all those microwave ovens?
[quoted image]

probably CE microwaves. Take my money right meow.

#15683 3 years ago
Quoted from bbulkley:

Ok that was pretty dam funny thanks.

#15684 3 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

That's Slash's personal road POTC. Takes it with him EVERYWHERE.

Guitar check, mic stand check, POTC pinball machine check! lol Bet his road crew would Love that!

#15685 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Guitar check, mic stand check, POTC pinball machine check! lol Bet his road crew would Love that!

Well, it’s pretty light and easy to move...

#15686 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Well, it’s pretty light and easy to move...

lol, try telling my wife that. Every time I buy a game she never asks what the title is only Who the manufacturer is! Hobbit almost killed her helping me.

#15687 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Hobbit almost killed her helping me.

My wife has PTSD from being under Hobbit as I was moving it downstairs. Not like crushed under it, but below it moving the step extender as I made my way down with the powermate.

#15688 3 years ago

I'm pretty sure I can write off one friend helping me pick up any more pinball machines because of Pirates.....
Threw out my back too.

#15689 3 years ago

For the first time in my life I hired someone to move a machine when Pirates landed. Felt like such a wuss but would do it again in a heartbeat.

#15690 3 years ago

Thinking of moving my Hobbit still makes groin hurt.

#15691 3 years ago

Since I was kicked out of the VIP section at the recent GnR concert I'm planning on keeping the POTC a while longer. Has anyone ordered the opening chest mod recently? Have all the kinks been worked out? I was holding out for a mod that used the forks like on the proto, but I guess that one isn't happening so may jump on @harryhoudini's mod.

#15692 3 years ago

Works well. My trunk never closed perfectly but it was the sculpt and not the mod. It was pretty close to perfect, I just tend to notice little details like that. Pretty easy to install too. I think it is the best bang for your buck mod for POTC.

#15693 3 years ago
Quoted from mtp78:

I have a low play mint LE , No pooling or scratches on the game, Cliffy's and star post kits installed 1st week..No other mods...Anyone have an idea on a real street value of the game ? I am thinking about selling and getting a gnr Thanks

If it helps I just bought a near Mint LE #80 the topper and goodie box have never been opened no playfield issues and under 100 plays. I paid $13,500.
Before I bought this one another Pinsider was going to sell me an LE with no issues and an extra playfield for 14k but he decided to keep it last minute.

#15694 3 years ago
Quoted from Palmer:

Works well. My trunk never closed perfectly but it was the sculpt and not the mod. It was pretty close to perfect, I just tend to notice little details like that. Pretty easy to install too. I think it is the best bang for your buck mod for POTC.

Right on, order placed.

#15695 3 years ago
Quoted from jarozi:

... Has anyone ordered the opening chest mod recently? Have all the kinks been worked out? I was holding out for a mod that used the forks like on the proto, but I guess that one isn't happening so may jump on harryhoudini's mod.

I have it installed on my Pirates and highly recommend it. Works great and a must mod IMHO!

Not only is it a great visual indicator for when the chest is ready to lock a ball, it's REALLY cool to see the chest actually open and close while hearing the accompanying creaking sound effect that's already in the game!

#15696 3 years ago

Joined the club today! It was between this or GnR, and I think I made the right move for me. This game really shines more in a home setting.

20201009_193401 (resized).jpg20201009_193401 (resized).jpg
#15697 3 years ago

Seems to have self corrected, but what sort of switch causes the most start post to come up, assuming an opto up there? For some reason tonight, and the beginning of my game it would start a mode (post would come up) as soon as I qualified one. Anybody had this happen?

#15698 3 years ago
Quoted from RobbyIRL5:

Seems to have self corrected, but what sort of switch causes the most start post to come up, assuming an opto up there? For some reason tonight, and the beginning of my game it would start a mode (post would come up) as soon as I qualified one. Anybody had this happen?

I don't think there is an opto there. The ball must strike one of the stand-ups at the back of that area. Look for one of those stand-ups to be stuck closed or gapped too tight.

#15699 3 years ago
Quoted from RobbyIRL5:

On some of the chapters, if all the characters that are needed are on the lower half of the playfield, the post will come up to keep the ball down below. It is suppose to help but I've found it more of a pain, especially when I hit it and the ball comes back SDTM. There has been requests to JJP for the new update (whenever that is) to be able to disable that feature. I hope this helps if this is the issue you are discussing!

#15700 3 years ago

Sometimes when the ball drains the machine doesn’t recognize that it drained and I have to manually start a new ball. Has anyone had this happen? Ideas on what to look for? Thank you.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.
Toys/Add-ons
There are 18,810 posts in this topic. You are on page 314 of 377.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-pirates-of-the-caribbean-official-owners-and-fan-club/page/314?hl=wesman and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.