(Topic ID: 200141)

JJP Pirates of the Caribbean Official Owners and Fan Club!

By goren1818

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 18,875 posts
  • 633 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 hour ago by Mrsiyufy
  • Topic is favorited by 284 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
20240330_165232 (resized).jpg
POTC_Mods_annotated (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2024-03-29 at 12.02.54 PM (resized).png
17117301082711484468150429261795 (resized).jpg
20240329_160033 (resized).jpg
431321214_1110342276953195_8816628931148154685_n (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223442061 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223435586 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240204_044856660.MP (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240203-170723 (resized).png
PXL_20240128_214506994 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240128_224833483.MP (resized).jpg
IMG_0980 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0982 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0981 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

20 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,875 posts in this topic. You are on page 31 of 378.
#1501 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Yeah that chipping is terrible
GL putting a Cliffy around that hole. I would use thin self adhesive felt that you can cut to protect. The mylar they put down is doing nothing.

Yeah. Cliffy sells a similar protector for the WOZ wizard kickout, hopefully he comes out with one for the POTC kickout. Still, a metal protector should have been installed from the factory at this point.

#1502 5 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Cliffy sells a similar protector for the WOZ wizard kickout, hopefully he comes out for one for the POTC kickout. Still, a protector should have been installed from the factory at this point.

I use the same felt to protect on my Woz, easy to put down, easy to pull up.

PF shouldn't be chipping like that with so few plays

#1503 5 years ago
Quoted from Energyspike:

The tortuga VUK is very inconsistent as it sometimes it shoots it the right flipper and next time a strong shot to the left flipper. I cranked up the coil setting to 30 with those results and had it down to 8 which gave a better consistent weak shot to the right flipper. Anyone having the same issue. Also, looks like a protector is needed for the Tortuga hole.....
[quoted image]

If you bend the metal tab down towards the pf the eject will be a lot smoother.
I have my power set at 22.

I would love to see a Cliffy here.

#1504 5 years ago

Thinking about buying the game. Already have a woz and DI. My woz was a mess with little issues out of the box. How is this measuring up . Has JJP Done a good job testing and tweaking before shipped ?

#1505 5 years ago
Quoted from Schabs81:

Energyspike how many plays on your machine? I see cliff is in order for that vuk

A total of 438 games played.....

#1506 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I use the same felt to protect on my Woz, easy to put down, easy to pull up.
PF shouldn't be chipping like that with so few plays

Do you have a link for the felt (where to purchase)? Thanks

#1507 5 years ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

Ill give that a shot, thanks.

#1508 5 years ago
Quoted from Energyspike:

Mylar will work well also if u cut it to fit closely around the hole edge. I cut my own mylar and put it around any place that cld possibly chip or wear.

#1509 5 years ago

I have the same VUK chipping. Was hoping it would last until Cliffy came through. Not sure how there are games from the 90s with no chipping in similar scoops. Bummer.

Aiming issue: My ball was hitting the wireform on the way out, had to bend the deflector down a bit. It was hard to tell that’s what was happening.

#1510 5 years ago
Quoted from Energyspike:

Hobby Lobby or Michaels. $1 per 8 1/2 x 11 sheet. I use it in the shooter lane as well.

#1511 5 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Mylar will work well also if u cut it to fit closely around the hole edge. I cut my own mylar and put it around any place that cld possibly chip or wear.

Thanks.

#1512 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Hobby Lobby or Michaels. $1 per 8 1/2 x 11 sheet. I use it in the shooter lane as well.

Noted...A little bummed about the chipping.

#1513 5 years ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

I actually bent the metal tab up for more clearance and the ball is consistent to the left flipper at power of 22. The bracket was bent down too much originally but you helped regardless as you got me to mess with it....thanks

#1514 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Iceman, when are you joining the JJPOTC club?

#1515 5 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Wow...not happy to see that already.
Hopefully cliffy makes something for this!

Emailed Cliff last night. He is waiting to get his hands on a game or playfield.

#1516 5 years ago
Quoted from pickleric:

Emailed Cliff last night. He is waiting to get his hands on a game or playfield.

That and hes so backed up it cld b a long time before that happens unfortunately

#1517 5 years ago

A collector I know taught me to use clear finger nail polish hardener around those edges to keep from chipping. My games haven't had any issues since, and it's invisible. It will help prevent any further damage until you can get cliffys. I owe my wife a bottle of polish, but haven't told her.

#1518 5 years ago
Quoted from Energyspike:

The tortuga VUK is very inconsistent as it sometimes it shoots it the right flipper and next time a strong shot to the left flipper. I cranked up the coil setting to 30 with those results and had it down to 8 which gave a better consistent weak shot to the right flipper. Anyone having the same issue. Also, looks like a protector is needed for the Tortuga hole.....
[quoted image]

That’s a fair amount of wear how many games?

#1519 5 years ago
Quoted from Audioenslaved:

That’s a fair amount of wear how many games?

Quoted from Energyspike:

A total of 438 games played.....

#1520 5 years ago

To they guys that own machine think this is a good game for only one machine game room? Played a little at expo sold my games a couple months ago

#1521 5 years ago
Quoted from pickleric:

I have been asking for months about mylar and cliffies. Radio silence.

I too have been in touch twice with Cliff, he is waiting for someone to get one close by but, truth be told he has also been trying to communicate with our Grand Wizard on POTC... Radio silence. No idea why that would be the case but very disappointing to hear.

What is this 'felt' that is being mentioned, do you apply it on the underside of the metal deflector, which is above the hole?

#1522 5 years ago

If that happened after only 438 games played, I would love to see some pics of location machines. They probably get a couple hundred plays a day.

I guess we should assume the VUK on the Black Pearl might be another problem spot.

#1523 5 years ago
Quoted from Schabs81:

To they guys that own machine think this is a good game for only one machine game room? Played a little at expo sold my games a couple months ago

If I were to get rid of all of my other pins, at this point, this would be the one I kept so far.

#1524 5 years ago
Quoted from Energyspike:

[quoted image]

Just looked at my machine and my Mylar is right up to the edge of the black border. Not even sure I can cut a piece small enough to fit in that space.

Your Mylar seems to be installed a little further away which is the culprit.

Hopefully we get some real protectors soon!

#1525 5 years ago
Quoted from VillaThrills:

If I were to get rid of all of my other pins, at this point, this would be the one I kept so far.

Machine is fantastic! A year from now there is a good chance there will be something else shiny and new you want. Such is the circle of pinball!

#1526 5 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Did you remove everything to get in there?
You Mylar all the way to targets or stop just short of the insert lights?

I had to take the ship off. I mylared right up to the targets.

#1527 5 years ago
Quoted from NickBuffaloPinball:

I had to take the ship off. I mylared right up to the targets.

Did you take the ship completely off, or tip it on its left side when facing the game?

#1528 5 years ago
Quoted from pickleric:

Did you take the ship completely off, or tip it on its left side when facing the game?

First of all, I had to call an adult to help me, aka Kevin

He removed the screw that holds the ship in place, but didn't disconnect any wires. We then set the ship on it's side on the playfield (under a microfiber cloth of course for protection).

#1529 5 years ago

Have they changed their process or products ,had a woz with over 1300 games and a Hobbit with a few hundred and no chipping

#1530 5 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Have they changed their process or products ,had a woz with over 1300 games and a Hobbit with a few hundred and no chipping

I doubt anything has changed. My woz had shown slight wear on the wizard kickout and that's when I put the polish hardener on it. No more wear. There is no scenario where a steel ball constantly hitting wood/clear coat that the play field wins that battle. Cliffy it and never worry about it again. Until cliffys are available though, I would put a thin layer of hardener over the edge.

#1531 5 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Just looked at my machine and my Mylar is right up to the edge of the black border. Not even sure I can cut a piece small enough to fit in that space.
Your Mylar seems to be installed a little further away which is the culprit.
Hopefully we get some real protectors soon!

Yup, I'll try one of the suggestions until a protector is made..

#1532 5 years ago

Anyone know where you get the art blades in this picture?
jjppotc (resized).jpgjjppotc (resized).jpg

#1533 5 years ago
Quoted from pickleric:

[quoted image]

I believe that is from Tilt...
https://www.tiltgraphicsinc.com/product-page/pirates-of-the-caribbean-gameblades

#1534 5 years ago
Quoted from pickleric:

[quoted image]

Tilt?

#1535 5 years ago

My only complaint on that art blade is that they don’t seem to match the color palette of the table art. Much more muted and brown than the jewel tone reds of the playfield or apron. Would have preferred an ocean wave scene to make the black pearl look like it is on the water at night.

#1536 5 years ago

My only complaint on that art blade is that they don’t seem to match the color palette of the table art. Much more muted and brown than the jewel tone reds of the playfield or apron. Would have preferred an ocean wave scene to make the black pearl look like it is on the water at night.

I had that one on my stern POTC and it looked good. Someone needs to make a new one for this machine!

#1537 5 years ago

That would be legit.

#1538 5 years ago
Quoted from sirlonzelot:

You are Right . It was screwing too tight.
Thank you
When playing the white thing on the picture was flowing over the playfield. Any idea where it comes to ?
Is it possible to change the brightness of the Monitor i cant find a Setting.
Thanks
Greetings [quoted image]

Sorry to be so delayed in getting back to you on this... Here are the locations that I could see for the rubber bumper locations

1EB9E768-62A9-4ED5-8B9A-C2500424330D (resized).jpeg1EB9E768-62A9-4ED5-8B9A-C2500424330D (resized).jpeg932DAFA4-9362-4041-B969-BFB9368E6E71 (resized).jpeg932DAFA4-9362-4041-B969-BFB9368E6E71 (resized).jpegCC5003C3-437D-41CC-9D2F-E4B6E9C8910F (resized).jpegCC5003C3-437D-41CC-9D2F-E4B6E9C8910F (resized).jpegD0861163-B1DB-44C7-A0B3-7F5BDCDCE009 (resized).jpegD0861163-B1DB-44C7-A0B3-7F5BDCDCE009 (resized).jpeg
#1539 5 years ago

As far as I know you can order a full playfield protector to be installed on the production line. However, I habe not yet seen any comments in this regard. Does anybody order such protectors? And if so what is the experience? Different play feeling? Which quality?

#1540 5 years ago

Does anyone know what the odd shaped mylar in the goodie bag is for? I don't have a pic at the moment.

#1541 5 years ago
Quoted from Zora:

As far as I know you can order a full playfield protector to be installed on the production line. However, I habe not yet seen any comments in this regard. Does anybody order such protectors? And if so what is the experience? Different play feeling? Which quality?

JJP did not make a protector this time. However, PF Protectors did. Mine has arrived. Extra thin new product. Installing this weekend and will report back!

#1542 5 years ago

Oy...hate to report this one...found it when trouble shooting a chattering sling. Chipping by the slings and slings wearing thin. Thoughts on what to do about this one??? New rubber, fine. But playfield chipping significantly on both sides? I only have 457 games on it. Just lost a ton of value on this one. Guess I will call JJP on Monday.
AFCC22D0-DC02-4F58-A7D7-C1EA1C65C1C4 (resized).jpegAFCC22D0-DC02-4F58-A7D7-C1EA1C65C1C4 (resized).jpegC96AA808-3D70-43B7-BE43-41516619E42B (resized).jpegC96AA808-3D70-43B7-BE43-41516619E42B (resized).jpeg

E600D36F-6824-41C8-A648-FDA30B5B10DA (resized).jpegE600D36F-6824-41C8-A648-FDA30B5B10DA (resized).jpeg62E509EE-2176-4D5A-86E9-2075189B523E (resized).jpeg62E509EE-2176-4D5A-86E9-2075189B523E (resized).jpeg
#1543 5 years ago

Oy...hate to report this one...found it when trouble shooting a chattering sling. Chipping by the slings and slings wearing thin. Thoughts on what to do about this one??? New rubber, fine. But playfield chipping significantly on both sides? I only have 457 games on it.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I’d call JJP, that’s absolute horseshit.

Make them fix it, I get the sense that these machines are going to have some serious issues.

Very concerning to say the least.

#1544 5 years ago

Thanks Mod Couple, just tweaked my weak light. Better. Enough so that I wouldn’t have noticed. A bit of a scary tweak as the hole isn’t straight which is why it was having so many problems out there. You are drilling at an angle to try to hit the light just right. The sculpt doesn’t really help the wiring and bulb placement out any.
Still not sure why that side piece stops so short along the hull.
Added in the gold coin shooter rod that I modified a bit. The coin was just too bright for the game so added in some black too.
[quoted image]

That looks fantastic! I just received the same shooter rod and would like to add some black as well to bring out the details in the coin. What was your technique to paint that and what sort of paint did you use? Also, where did you get the spare Aztec coin for the keychain on the coin door?

#1545 5 years ago

Oy...hate to report this one...found it when trouble shooting a chattering sling. Chipping by the slings and slings wearing thin. Thoughts on what to do about this one??? New rubber, fine. But playfield chipping significantly on both sides? I only have 457 games on it. Just lost a ton of value on this one. Guess I will call JJP on Monday.
[quoted image][quoted image]
[quoted image][quoted image]

Wow never seen that area on a jjp pin chip... wonder if it was overtightened at the factory or not tightened enough and was moving when sling activated ?Hopefully its a one off and not a common issue. Seen this on a few stern pins also over the years

#1546 5 years ago

Agree with darkryder that shooter rod looks a ton better!
Sucks about the chipping on the pf! I will check mine for loose screws or a sign of over tightening. Crazy on the rings too but deff forgivable. Maybe titan rubbers there?

#1547 5 years ago
Quoted from heni1977:

Agree with darkryder that shooter rod looks a ton better!
Sucks about the chipping on the pf! I will check mine for loose screws or a sign of over tightening. Crazy on the rings too but deff forgivable. Maybe titan rubbers there?

Report back on the odd piece of Mylar, I’m curious.

#1548 5 years ago

225 games played here.
Leaf switches at kickers look good and screws seem tight. No sign of over tightening. No chipping either.
I have not installed any Mylar as of yet.
I deff agree with a cliffy set once it is produced!
And the rail all the way to the shooter was genius. Will save that lane for a lifetime!
A cliffy between the rail and the ball trough vuk would be good imo.
Is it possible that one of the other JJP pins would work for that?

#1549 5 years ago
Quoted from darkryder:

That looks fantastic! I just received the same shooter rod and would like to add some black as well to bring out the details in the coin. What was your technique to paint that and what sort of paint did you use? Also, where did you get the spare Aztec coin for the keychain on the coin door?

https://www.amazon.com/BladesUSA-Other-Skull-Coin-Necklace/dp/B006BJFPWM/ref=sr_1_fkmr0_1

Right now $2.28. That is all the shooter rod is as well, you can see the loop on the top of the coin on the rod. Since you are painting the depressed areas, you can actually use just about any paint as long as you seal it. I just used craft paint. Wiped off the top to get the gold to show. Let that dry and then seal it with an acrylic spray with several coats.

#1550 5 years ago

Cool little coin idea

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 24.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

Wanted
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

29,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Frisco, TX
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios

$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 35.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 28.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 41.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 20.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Vernon, BC
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

There are 18,875 posts in this topic. You are on page 31 of 378.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-pirates-of-the-caribbean-official-owners-and-fan-club/page/31 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.