(Topic ID: 200141)

JJP Pirates of the Caribbean Official Owners and Fan Club!

By goren1818

2 years ago

Topic Stats

• 15,436 posts
  • 525 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 13 minutes ago by wesman
  • Topic is favorited by 252 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 2,657 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20200805_121234 (resized).jpg
20200730_183311 (resized).jpg
ProductShot-Lantern (resized).jpg
ProductShot-Lantern2 (resized).jpg
ProductShot-Lantern3 (resized).jpg
ProductShot-LanternBarrel (resized).jpg
ProductShot-LanternBarrel3 (resized).jpg
ProductShot-LanternBarrel2 (resized).jpg
DSC00296 (resized).JPG
Screenshot_20200725-200558_Photos (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20200725-200622_Photos (resized).jpg
DSC05419 (resized).JPG
IMG_20200723_170950 (resized).jpg
IMG_20200516_152939 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_20200723_133228 (resized).jpg
IMG_20200723_133215 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

20 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 15436 posts in this topic. You are on page 309 of 309.
#15401 10 days ago

OK. I pulled the playfield out to it’s last service position and disconnected the bottom pin from the vertical bar behind the backboard so that the motor would run unencumbered by the ship. I moved the ship by hand and it moves freely and smoothly with no problems.
When running the recalibration the motor labors and doesn’t complete the recalibration. Slowest success is around 3 or 4 when unencumbered.
So I’m guessing that it’s somehow not getting enough power. (The motor and controller board are brand new as of yesterday). Unfortunately I’m no good with electronics. I’m good with a solder gun and have a meter, but have no clue how to use the meter other than to check continuity. I don’t really understand voltage, amperage etc. I guess I can try to trace the wires and re-flow the solder. Any suggestions?

#15402 10 days ago

While diagnosing with Jim at JJP support, we came up with the hypothesis that it’s a bad opto. I’ve ordered one - stay tuned!

#15403 9 days ago

Went through the settings and saw one of them that caught my eye: “first multiball with spyglass” under black pearl multiball. Default is 2, but I’ve never noticed the spyglass feature when qualifying that multiball...

Any ideas on what this is?

#15404 8 days ago

I was cleaning under the Dauntless today and found this cool artwork. You'll never see it unless the Dauntless is removed. Cool Easter Egg!

20200730_183311 (resized).jpg
#15405 8 days ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

I was cleaning under the Dauntless today and found this cool artwork. You'll never see it unless the Dauntless is removed. Cool Easter Egg!
[quoted image]

Wow! That's pretty cool. I haven't taken the Dauntless off so I hadn't seen that before. Definitely a bummer that it's covered up. Might have looked good on the plastic in front of the Dauntless along the orbit.

#15406 8 days ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

Aye matey - 'tis cool to be sure!

But it be under the Endeavor on my game.

#15407 8 days ago

Oh, my bad. I just know it as the "other ship" LOL

#15408 8 days ago

Just wondering if any in this club ever picked up a proto game with the original disk design? Did any of those ever get out to the general public? I’m guessing no, but I’m often wrong.

#15409 8 days ago
Quoted from TomN:

Just wondering if any in this club ever picked up a proto game with the original disk design? Did any of those ever get out to the general public? I’m guessing no, but I’m often wrong.

I know the Seattle Pinball Museum has one.

#15410 8 days ago
Quoted from TomN:

Just wondering if any in this club ever picked up a proto game with the original disk design?

yelobird mentioned it in this thread I believe. Those games have earlier versions of software. Later versions of software won't support the original discs.

LTG : )

#15411 8 days ago
Quoted from TomN:

There Might be one of those in my basement arcade....lol. I thought everyone had 2 of this awesome game?

#15412 7 days ago

Need to replace my ball set, what should I put in this machine (fairly new to the hobby) Any care/maintenance I should do on the balls prior to putting them in there and/or regularly?

#15413 7 days ago
Quoted from palmab03:

Need to replace my ball set, what should I put in this machine (fairly new to the hobby) Any care/maintenance I should do on the balls prior to putting them in there and/or regularly?

There will be varying opinions, but I buy these in bulk from Titan

https://www.titanpinball.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=57&product_id=69

#15414 7 days ago
Quoted from LTG:

yelobird mentioned it in this thread I believe. Those games have earlier versions of software. Later versions of software won't support the original discs.
LTG : )

True. Forgot about the earlier software. Just surprised I don’t see them more often. Usually people love the proto stuff.....other then just Yelobird.

#15415 7 days ago

There was one at Level 257 for a while. It was always off. Lol

#15416 7 days ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

After several hundred games I had finally crept up to 2.7M. Now I've discovered the power of Henry Turner! Two games over 5 million and another over 3 million. Henry Freakin' Turner!
Scrolling through the characters it only tells you "Spot Character Target Always Lit". But his secondary power is shots build skull values twice as fast. When you couple that in with some skull holds it gets crazy good. I also learned doing this that if you get a color maxed out at 10K, you don't even need a Skull Hold. It will still hold your 10K value over to the next ball whether you have a skull hold or not.

I got some clarification on this from the man himself, Keith Johnson. Apparently, even at 10K you still need a Skull hold or the value reverts back to 1K on the next ball. Also some more info on how Henry Turner actually works.

keefer

"Yes, Henry Turner.

BTW the skull value increases that happen DURING a chapter are based on the shot hit, not on a color. Generally speaking, the “harder” a shot is to make the bigger the skull value increase. It behooves you to try and shoot the outside shots first so the inner shots are way more valuable.

Skull values only hold when they say they are held. (Except one character, I think Angelica, always gives 1 free hold if you drain as her.) It’s very possible to lose your maxed-out Skull. By default, though, the game does its best to try and hold your most valuable skull first (unless you’re in a chapter, then it prefers the chapter you’re in).

A Tia Dalma shot adds the most during a chapter, 750, so if you’re Henry, she’ll add 1500."

#15417 7 days ago

Gotcha. So your free 10k holds are a bug

#15418 7 days ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

I got some clarification on this from the man himself, Keith Johnson. Apparently, even at 10K you still need a Skull hold or the value reverts back to 1K on the next ball. Also some more info on how Henry Turner actually works.
keefer
"Yes, Henry Turner.
BTW the skull value increases that happen DURING a chapter are based on the shot hit, not on a color. Generally speaking, the “harder” a shot is to make the bigger the skull value increase. It behooves you to try and shoot the outside shots first so the inner shots are way more valuable.
Skull values only hold when they say they are held. (Except one character, I think Angelica, always gives 1 free hold if you drain as her.) It’s very possible to lose your maxed-out Skull. By default, though, the game does its best to try and hold your most valuable skull first (unless you’re in a chapter, then it prefers the chapter you’re in).
A Tia Dalma shot adds the most during a chapter, 750, so if you’re Henry, she’ll add 1500."

I thought that was the case. I knew I remembered draining without a skull hold and losing my built up 10k before. It's especially awesome when you have it at 10k, the wizard mode lit and then drain without a skull hold.

#15419 7 days ago

Im looking for the HMS mod for my pirates. If a anyone is selling their game and/or willing to give up their spot, PM me and let me know your price.

#15420 6 days ago
Quoted from GnarLee:

Gotcha. So your free 10k holds are a bug

No, you're wrong. I was just mistaken about having no Skull hold.... geez...

#15421 4 days ago

Does anyone have issues with flipper weakness after playing for awhile? I’ve always noticed it but I don’t think anyone’s mentioned it here before. After playing for over an hour (and after running a lot of multiballs) my flippers start to weaken, especially the lower right. Just curious if anyone else notices it on their machine.

#15422 4 days ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

Does anyone have issues with flipper weakness after playing for awhile? I’ve always noticed it but I don’t think anyone’s mentioned it here before. After playing for over an hour (and after running a lot of multiballs) my flippers start to weaken, especially the lower right. Just curious if anyone else notices it on their machine.

Won't say its common for all but I had a similar issue after Many games played. For me I replace both coil sleeves and haven't had an issue since? My guess is they started to heat up and grab or warp grabbing the plunger. Just a guess but that worked for me and a new set of sleeves from PinballLife and I have been good so far. Good luck.

#15423 4 days ago

My theory on this is plunger is steel. Sleeve is plastic. After several months of play the inner part of sleeve becomes “not smooth” anymore. This causes a little bit of friction. This coupled with the possibility of heat ( like yelo mentioned) causing the sleeve and plunger to expand at different rates Making the friction of an older sleeve more noticeable. I would clean mech and replace sleeves and everything should go back to nice and smooth

#15424 4 days ago

Also a little hack I learned while shopping my f-14. You can buy a bulk pack of the longer sleeves and then use a old plunger and a pipe cutter to cut down to size.

#15425 4 days ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

I had this problem on my game after about 50 plays. Upper left flipper got really sluggish. Upon inspection I found the coil sleeve was too short and it was also cracked at the top. I replaced it with the correct one from the manual, plus a new plunger. It's been solid ever since.

#15426 4 days ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Won't say its common for all but I had a similar issue after Many games played. For me I replace both coil sleeves and haven't had an issue since? My guess is they started to heat up and grab or warp grabbing the plunger. Just a guess but that worked for me and a new set of sleeves from PinballLife and I have been good so far. Good luck.

Oooh, I had forgotten about changing the coil sleeves. I changed them once before but it I'm sure I'm overdue to change them again. Thanks!!!

#15427 3 days ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

The flippers on my Hobbit seem to get weaker during some consecutive intense multiballs. I bought these mini RC motor fans to see if I can adapt them to the flipper coils. I thought that it was worth a try. TBD when I get some time to tinker with it.
20200805_121234 (resized).jpg

#15428 3 days ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

Oooh, I had forgotten about changing the coil sleeves. I changed them once before but it I'm sure I'm overdue to change them again. Thanks!!!

I had the same problem with the upper left flipper on the main playfield. I couple times, I changed out the coil sleeve, coil stop, and even the coil itself ...still had issues. I then got I a rebuild kit and changed everything out. I've had no problems since then, it always seems strong now. It was weird, but cured me.

#15429 3 days ago
Quoted from KingBW:

The flippers on my Hobbit seem to get weaker during some consecutive intense multiballs. I bought these mini RC motor fans to see if I can adapt them to the flipper coils. I thought that it was worth a try. TBD when I get some time to tinker with it.
[quoted image]

Kinda weird, since LOTR had the same issue

#15430 7 hours ago

Any news on code updates? Starting to think about moving this game out. It's so fun, but I am having a hard time getting over how they've just abandoned it.

#15431 5 hours ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

I am having a hard time getting over how they've just abandoned it.

Abandoned it? Where do you get that from? Keefer said in an interview with bro that the code is coming.

#15432 4 hours ago
Quoted from Axl:

Abandoned it? Where do you get that from? Keefer said in an interview with bro that the code is coming.

How recently did he say that?

#15433 3 hours ago

I listened to a podcast just within the last several weeks where Keefer was saying the new code would only be released when the final wizard mode was complete. He went on to say that won't be soon because he is very busy with JJPs current projects.

#15434 1 hour ago
Quoted from Axl:

For all Practical purposes yes I would say abandoned. It been what 15-16 months since an update. Meanwhile basic things like preset difficulties are still missing. COVID downtime would have been the perfect time to polish and finish up some things. Correct me if I’m wrong but the game that came out after pirates is more complete at this time. The next game they release will probably be more complete than pirates. And Keith will have something new to work on and push us back again. It’s a never ending cycle.

#15435 36 minutes ago

We are being punished for not being more understanding and empathetic

#15436 13 minutes ago
Quoted from GnarLee:

For all Practical purposes yes I would say abandoned. It been what 15-16 months since an update. Meanwhile basic things like preset difficulties are still missing. COVID downtime would have been the perfect time to polish and finish up some things. Correct me if I’m wrong but the game that came out after pirates is more complete at this time. The next game they release will probably be more complete than pirates. And Keith will have something new to work on and push us back again. It’s a never ending cycle.

I think this always just comes down to sales... No Pirates left to sell, so the fuel to push code forward dries up.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.
$ 239.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Tilttopper
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods
There are 15436 posts in this topic. You are on page 309 of 309.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside