(Topic ID: 200141)

JJP Pirates of the Caribbean Official Owners and Fan Club!

By goren1818

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 18,875 posts
  • 633 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 17 hours ago by Mrsiyufy
  • Topic is favorited by 284 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
20240330_165232 (resized).jpg
POTC_Mods_annotated (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2024-03-29 at 12.02.54 PM (resized).png
17117301082711484468150429261795 (resized).jpg
20240329_160033 (resized).jpg
431321214_1110342276953195_8816628931148154685_n (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223442061 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223435586 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240204_044856660.MP (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240203-170723 (resized).png
PXL_20240128_214506994 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240128_224833483.MP (resized).jpg
IMG_0980 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0982 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0981 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

20 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,875 posts in this topic. You are on page 308 of 378.
#15351 3 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

This will be my last night in the club. It has been a blast. I was lucky to have a game with no real issues. I've played the heck out of it and time to move on. Good luck!

Nooooooooo....!

(How much did you sell for???)

#15352 3 years ago
Quoted from Moomert1:

So I wanted to see if I could add a mermaid somewhere on the playfield. This is all I could come up with. Haven't decided if I will keep as is or remove. Wish I could see the tail more. I might try to touch up the skin so it blends in more.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Not a bad idea. Do you have the link to buy it?
Thanks

#15353 3 years ago
Quoted from Moomert1:

So I wanted to see if I could add a mermaid somewhere on the playfield. This is all I could come up with. Haven't decided if I will keep as is or remove. Wish I could see the tail more. I might try to touch up the skin so it blends in more.
[quoted image][quoted image]

I like it. I haven't seen the movies so I have no idea if there are any mermaids, but then the game is so loosely tied to POTC, who cares!?

#15354 3 years ago
Quoted from Reznnate:

I like it. I haven't seen the movies so I have no idea if there are any mermaids, but then the game is so loosely tied to POTC, who cares!?

One of them had a mermaid as part of the plot, if I recall correctly. Not sure which movie

#15356 3 years ago
Quoted from Moomert1:

Here you go
amazon.com link »

Half mermaid.....half Medusa!

Her neck is pretty beastly!

The tail detail is really nice though!

#15357 3 years ago
Quoted from Reznnate:

Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

One of them had a mermaid as part of the plot, if I recall correctly. Not sure which movie

Movie #4 - On Stranger Tides. Mermaids were featured thoughout; the one below in particular. The OST chapter "Do Not Waste My Tear" has special significance within the movie's plot (what there was of it) too.

Pirates-Caribbean-4-Mermaid (resized).jpgPirates-Caribbean-4-Mermaid (resized).jpg

#15358 3 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

Half mermaid.....half Medusa!
Her neck is pretty beastly!
The tail detail is really nice though!

It totally looks like the mold could have been for medusa......and then they just added on for a mermaid.

#15359 3 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

Movie #4 - On Stranger Tides. Mermaids were featured thoughout; the one below in particular. The OST chapter "Do Not Waste My Tear" has special significance within the movie's plot (what there was of it) too.
[quoted image]

They really dropped the ball with that one IMHO. No one cares about Syrena or Philip, especially Philip. A total throwaway character. They had a great villain in Blackbeard and wasted him and set up a cliffhanger with Angelica and then wasted that too. I know they gimped the budget for it, but there was way too much on land action and much of the good stuff with Barbossa, his leg and the Pearl in the Bottle happens off screen. I love the films, but this one was weak.

#15360 3 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

They really dropped the ball with that one IMHO. No one cares about Syrena or Philip, especially Philip. A total throwaway character. They had a great villain in Blackbeard and wasted him and set up a cliffhanger with Angelica and then wasted that too. I know they gimped the budget for it, but there was way too much on land action and much of the good stuff with Barbossa, his leg and the Pearl in the Bottle happens off screen. I love the films, but this one was weak.

Gimped budget? Where. On Stranger Tides is THE most expensive movie ever made. No lie.

#15361 3 years ago
Quoted from cheshirefilms:

Gimped budget? Where. On Stranger Tides is THE most expensive movie ever made. No lie.

My mistake, they gimped the next movie's budget after this one did not live up to financial expectations. Sad. Even less excuse to not have a better movie.

#15362 3 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

Yep - I watched all 5 movies because of JJP POTC and this one was my least favorite.

#15363 3 years ago

Yep - I watched all 5 movies because of JJP POTC and this one was my least favorite.

I watched 2 of them because of this pin.

I sold it after 1600 plays because we just never played it anymore, and the way my back and knees are going I need to rest more and work less now.

I will always still read every post here, because it was a awesome game and I love to see the new owner posting features he has found that I never knew about.

(in the agreement I have first dibs to get it back). (depends on my health if I could even enjoy it again if he ever tired of it).

#15364 3 years ago

I just realized I am ready for the JJP Pirates apocalypse. I've acquired an NOS playfield, mini playfield, plastics set, assembly decal set, playfield decal set, boat motor, cabinet decals and even a prototype translite. I've never bothered to pick up parts for a game I own like this before, but I don't have any intention of this game going anywhere soon so I've been picking stuff up as I can.

00000IMG_00000_BURST20200723133722916_COVER (resized).jpg00000IMG_00000_BURST20200723133722916_COVER (resized).jpg00100lrPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20200723133501042_COVER (resized).jpg00100lrPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20200723133501042_COVER (resized).jpg00100lrPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20200723133517867_COVER (resized).jpg00100lrPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20200723133517867_COVER (resized).jpg00100lrPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20200723133559310_COVER (resized).jpg00100lrPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20200723133559310_COVER (resized).jpgIMG_20200516_152939 (1) (resized).jpgIMG_20200516_152939 (1) (resized).jpgIMG_20200723_133215 (resized).jpgIMG_20200723_133215 (resized).jpgIMG_20200723_133228 (resized).jpgIMG_20200723_133228 (resized).jpgIMG_20200723_133327 (resized).jpgIMG_20200723_133327 (resized).jpgIMG_20200723_133438 (resized).jpgIMG_20200723_133438 (resized).jpg
#15365 3 years ago

From a game play stand point I am creeping closer to my goal of getting all the characters over 5 million. Only 4 left, including Cotton who sucks...but if I can get 10 mil+ with Weatherby Swan in a single player game, I can break 5 mil with Cotton.

IMG_20200723_170950 (resized).jpgIMG_20200723_170950 (resized).jpg
#15366 3 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

From a game play stand point I am creeping closer to my goal of getting all the characters over 5 million. Only 4 left, including Cotton who sucks...but if I can get 10 mil+ with Weatherby Swan in a single player game, I can break 5 mil with Cotton. [quoted image]

Wow! "I don't know if I've ever seen better piratin'!"

Except for The Pirates King - Karl DeAngelo, of course.

Nicely done nonetheless! I have "scabby seabass" scores in comparison.

#15367 3 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

Crazy the budget was highest on this turd. It feels like a made for TV B Side kinda deal.

Even thinking about the start of the film with the trial, the hijinks with the pastry, get me irked. Then Angelica and her muffstache enter the fray with that awful duel in some hobo's wine cellar.

#15368 3 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

From a game play stand point I am creeping closer to my goal of getting all the characters over 5 million. Only 4 left, including Cotton who sucks...but if I can get 10 mil+ with Weatherby Swan in a single player game, I can break 5 mil with Cotton. [quoted image]

Damn, I can't break 1 Million...I'm close...my wife has 6 Mil....5 balls....that's why I downvoted you!!!!!!

#15369 3 years ago

After several hundred games I had finally crept up to 2.7M. Now I've discovered the power of Henry Turner! Two games over 5 million and another over 3 million. Henry Freakin' Turner!

Scrolling through the characters it only tells you "Spot Character Target Always Lit". But his secondary power is shots build skull values twice as fast. When you couple that in with some skull holds it gets crazy good. I also learned doing this that if you get a color maxed out at 10K, you don't even need a Skull Hold. It will still hold your 10K value over to the next ball whether you have a skull hold or not.

#15370 3 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

It will still hold your 10K value over to the next ball whether you have a skull hold or not.

sounds like another bug. how long until we are at that fabled 3 years everyone speaks of. Update would be nice or at least let us play with the beta code that has been out for months now

#15371 3 years ago

Hi Everybody,

I bought a PoTC CE and am ready to add some mods. Excited to explore this game.
Anyone that has mods for sale can PM me. I will dig through the 300 pages of posts now

#15372 3 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

I just realized I am ready for the JJP Pirates apocalypse. I've acquired an NOS playfield, mini playfield, plastics set, assembly decal set, playfield decal set, boat motor, cabinet decals and even a prototype translite. I've never bothered to pick up parts for a game I own like this before, but I don't have any intention of this game going anywhere soon so I've been picking stuff up as I can.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Don't forget the crate to pick up a crate of toilet paper

#15373 3 years ago

New CE owner here. Like Faust, I’m going to read through the thread. Lior’s pop caps and LCD cover are on order. Any “must have” mods for machine longevity or to fix annoyances?

#15374 3 years ago

Hats off to mountaingamer for his cannons mod! I decided to frame the center of my POTC's playfield with them rather than install them both on the Black Pearl ramp.

Huzzah!

DSC05419 (resized).JPGDSC05419 (resized).JPG

#15375 3 years ago
Quoted from GnarLee:

sounds like another bug. how long until we are at that fabled 3 years everyone speaks of. Update would be nice or at least let us play with the beta code that has been out for months now

To me it felt less like a bug and more like an award for building a shot all the way to 10k.

#15376 3 years ago

Anyone know a good tool to remove the nuts on the Black Pearl cannon door hinge?

Trying to adjust my door, as it keeps scraping against the left wall of the ship....

(This photo isn't my game, by the way.)

Screenshot_20200725-200622_Photos (resized).jpgScreenshot_20200725-200622_Photos (resized).jpg
#15377 3 years ago

This is mine.

Just trying to move the door flap, or the connecting rail on the right, over to shift the door flap from scraping the wall. Otherwise it's not lifting enough to open the door.

Last option is scraping a bit of the ship wall away, for clearance.

Screenshot_20200725-200558_Photos (resized).jpgScreenshot_20200725-200558_Photos (resized).jpg
#15378 3 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

Anyone know a good tool to remove the nuts on the Black Pearl cannon door hinge?

Open end wrench. Not much room to work there. Small vice grips to hold the other end.

LTG : )

#15379 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Open end wrench. Not much room to work there. Small vice grips to hold the other end.

Oh damn. I think I returned a pair of vice grips months ago. I have some small pliers I might be able to grap onto the other ends with.

I tried the smallest open ended wrench I had last night. It was a size or two too large.

I really need more tools, a tool bench, a work space......and an LTG apprenticeship too!

#15380 3 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

I really need more tools,

If we are going tool shopping. Grab yourself a set of Snap On aircraft wrenches. Light weight and slim. No longer made, but it will give you something to scrounge for. When you need a wrench for small spaces. Careful, you could get enough torque to snap the bolt.

DSC00296 (resized).JPGDSC00296 (resized).JPG
#15381 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

If we are going tool shopping. Grab yourself a set of Snap On aircraft wrenches. Light weight and slim. No longer made, but it will give you something to scrounge for. When you need a wrench for small spaces. Careful, you could get enough torque to snap the bolt.
[quoted image]

Will these work..?

ebay.com link: itm

Gonna start saving..!!!

#15382 3 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

Will these work..?

ebay.com link

Gonna start saving..!!!

A little over kill. This will help and save you a little.

http://www.pinballnews.com/learn/toolkit/index.html

#15383 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

[quoted image]

Come on #LTG he doesn’t have basic tools no need to go industrial high end. $10 at Harbor Freight and you have more then enough for your pinball life. Snap On when you decide to build an airplane or make it your livelihood. Lol

https://www.harborfreight.com/22-pc-raised-panel-sae-metric-combination-wrench-set-68729.html

#15384 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Come on #LTG he doesn’t have basic tools no need to go industrial high end. $10 at Harbor Freight and you have more then enough for your pinball life. Snap On when you decide to build an airplane or make it your livelihood. Lol
https://www.harborfreight.com/22-pc-raised-panel-sae-metric-combination-wrench-set-68729.html

I've got a few tinier ones from Gearwrench that I bought for specific hard to reach nuts, but not s full set.

I do have a Gearwrench snubby set....but again, snubby.....

I did manage to notice the tiny screw end on the other side of the locknuts holding the door hinge. So I was able to work a thin screwdriver in, and hold the other end for leverage with an open end wrench as Lloyd suggested!

That tiny spring was a pain to remove, and I hope I can hook it on okay.

Tomorrow on my layoff day, I'll head to my local hardware store, and ask them to file/sand part of the metal door down at an angle. Then hopefully I'll be up and running soon, pop bumper adjusted at the base of the leaf switch, and Pearl door finally rising again!

Thanks again everyone for the help!

#15385 3 years ago

Yes but that harbor freight junk when it breaks you will have to buy another wrench. Snap on a premium brand but you only purchase once. I personally go mid range for hand tools so something like tekton or craftsman. Good tools lifetime warranty not really Any more cost over the HFreight. For stuff that is more likely to break I’ll spend the little extra and go snap on or a primium I’m brand. IE stuff that ratchets specialty tools like safety wire pliers and anything that is visually built better

#15386 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Come on #LTG he doesn’t have basic tools no need to go industrial high end. $10 at Harbor Freight and you have more then enough for your pinball life.

But the wrench I pictured would fit his situation. Anything at Harbor Freight will be too big.

I was lucky I stocked up when times were good.

#15387 3 years ago
Quoted from GnarLee:

Yes but that harbor freight junk when it breaks you will have to buy another wrench. Snap on a premium brand but you only purchase once. I personally go mid range for hand tools so something like tekton or craftsman. Good tools lifetime warranty not really Any more cost over the HFreight. For stuff that is more likely to break I’ll spend the little extra and go snap on or a primium I’m brand. IE stuff that ratchets specialty tools like safety wire pliers and anything that is visually built better

I will only say as Snap On, Craftsmen, and several others are my clients and I assist with manufacturing systems you would be surprised to find out many of these are made on the same stamp line in China and Mexico granted some have high end marketing to help with the wow of price. For DIY (use a wrench once per 6 months people) a cheap set is likely all they will ever need. If your a daily mechanic the cost of branding and longevity maybe important. Just my view.

#15388 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

I will only say as Snap On, Craftsmen, and several others are my clients and I assist with manufacturing systems you would be surprised to find out many of these are made on the same stamp line in China and Mexico

I agree. I picked up mine about 1991, when that wasn't likely.

Today many have dropped their break it replace it policy.

#15389 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

I agree. I picked up mine about 1991, when that wasn't likely.
Today many have dropped their break it replace it policy.

Yeah, sadly much of this type of simple hand tool has left the country for cheap manufacturing. Can’t even remember the last time I seen a Sears store or Snap on truck? Not saying any tool or brand is bad but some confuse the USA quality of the past with what is actually sold today. You’d hate to tour Harley Davidson manufacturing to see the USA reality. Sucks but America is Slowly coming back and showing its pride.

#15390 3 years ago

Snap on craftsman tekton and many others all still have lifetime warranty. And in instances like my ratchets I can keep an extra set of internals ($12) and if my tool breaks I can fix it in under 10 min. Problem with cheap wrenches is their tolerances are so high. This is fine if you like stripping you fasteners or busting knuckles I however do not. Point being is you don’t have to buy bottom of the barrel to get reasonably priced good tools. Tekton is a great brand cheap tools lifetime warranty. My whole tool bag for aircraft maintenance school is snap-on tekton and craftsman. Craftsman full wrench set up to 1.5”. Full tekton 1/4 and 3/8 socket sets that included ratchets. Set of stubby ratchets. Set of snap on flex head ratchets. A multitude of snips channel locks pliers etc.. all new for around $600 bucks. Considering it is enough tools to work on whatever I want I consider that a steal and everything has a lifetime warranty. Think I paid 50 bucks for the full set of craftsman wrenches something like 22-24 pieces with lifetime warranty. Just sayin

And yes you are correct on the whole American tool thing. A lot of stuff is outsourced now. Same die is prolly a stretch. Same manufacturing line probably. And if it is indeed the same die would you not want to support the original designer instead of the knockoff?

#15391 3 years ago
Quoted from GnarLee:

Snap on craftsman tekton and many others all still have lifetime warranty. And in instances like my ratchets I can keep an extra set of internals ($12) and if my tool breaks I can fix it in under 10 min. Problem with cheap wrenches is their tolerances are so high. This is fine if you like stripping you fasteners or busting knuckles I however do not. Point being is you don’t have to buy bottom of the barrel to get reasonably priced good tools. Tekton is a great brand cheap tools lifetime warranty. My whole tool bag for aircraft maintenance school is snap-on tekton and craftsman. Craftsman full wrench set up to 1.5”. Full tekton 1/4 and 3/8 socket sets that included ratchets. Set of stubby ratchets. Set of snap on flex head ratchets. A multitude of snips channel locks pliers etc.. all new for around $600 bucks. Considering it is enough tools to work on whatever I want I consider that a steal and everything has a lifetime warranty. Think I paid 50 bucks for the full set of craftsman wrenches something like 22-24 pieces with lifetime warranty. Just sayin
And yes you are correct on the whole American tool thing. A lot of stuff is outsourced now. Same die is prolly a stretch. Same manufacturing line probably. And if it is indeed the same die would you not want to support the original designer instead of the knockoff?

Craftsman is just chinese junk with an American brand name now. It's not the same as old-school Sears Craftsman. They are more often knuckle-busters now as well, but you can get another knuckle-buster for free.

#15392 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Craftsman is just chinese junk with an American brand name now. It's not the same as old-school Sears Craftsman. They are more often knuckle-busters now as well, but you can get another knuckle-buster for free.

They have a few sets with varying quality. The 50 bucks for the set i have is chinese junk wont deny that. I bought these knowing that with airplanes there is a good chance i will have to make my own tools occasionally. much rather cut up a cheap wrench. In about a year when I graduate I plan on picking up a few nicer sets (box end, ratched and regular set)

#15393 3 years ago

Hey ye land lubbers! Update that plain old flasher cover with something fun and unique. Flashers bright in your eyes? Diffuse the light but still keep the colors and luminosity of the fantastic RGB lighting. Can work in either flasher location however, designed to go by the Maelstrom Ramp. Other options are coming out for the other location soon.

https://pinballmods.co/pinball-lighting/piratey-flasher-cover

Two different options, with or without barrel. Barrel has a mirror coating inside which reflects a ton of the light upward in to the glass. Limited quantity in stock and ready to ship.

https://pinballmods.co/pinball-lighting/piratey-flasher-cover

ProductShot-LanternBarrel3 (resized).jpgProductShot-LanternBarrel3 (resized).jpgProductShot-LanternBarrel (resized).jpgProductShot-LanternBarrel (resized).jpgProductShot-Lantern (resized).jpgProductShot-Lantern (resized).jpgProductShot-Lantern2 (resized).jpgProductShot-Lantern2 (resized).jpgProductShot-Lantern3 (resized).jpgProductShot-Lantern3 (resized).jpgProductShot-LanternBarrel2 (resized).jpgProductShot-LanternBarrel2 (resized).jpg
#15394 3 years ago
Quoted from harryhoudini:

Hey ye land lubbers! Update that plain old flasher cover with something fun and unique. Flashers bright in your eyes? ...

Arrr! This landlubber's in - order placed! Gonna have to move my Mod Couple pooch/barrel flasher cover, but I've found a great spot to put the little guy.

Thanks Scott!

#15395 3 years ago

Arrr! This landlubber's in - order placed! Gonna have to move my Mod Couple pooch/barrel flasher cover, but I've found a great spot to put the little guy.
Thanks Scott!

Thanks!!

#15396 3 years ago

Is the Black Pearl rocking issue actually a code problem?
I recently bought a POTC LE from a buddy. It had ~75 plays on it and is in excellent condition. But the Black Perl has issues with rocking:
1: In play, it will stop rocking in the full right or full left position.
2: When loading the cannon, if it was rocking before loading it usually stops rocking and will usually start to creep a little before timing out and shooting.
3: When loading the cannon, if the ship has NOT been rocking, it starts rocking.
4: In testing modes, it does weird things. Sometimes all of the tests work well except for the recalibration, which starts to labor part way through the process and never completes. Sometimes it will make it all of the way down to speed 2, sometimes it only makes it down to speed 9 or 10.
5: in testing, sometimes it does nothing.
6: In testing, sometimes one or two of the “Left”, “Right” or “Home” tests will work and then nothing will work after.
7: Here is one that makes me think that it could be a code issue: In testing sometimes when doing “Full Run”, it starts rocking back and forth but will not stop no matter which test you try after choosing “Full Run”. Even leaving the test mode and starting the game doesn’t stop the “Full Run” test until it receives a signal to rock differently during the game.
8: When it gets stuck it’s almost always in the full left or the full right position.

I have done the following in attempts to resolve:
1: checked the clearance of the pin through the Backboard - plenty of clearance on the top and bottom.
2: checked the optos. Blown with air and cleaned with q-tip and alcohol. Both register in testing.
3: checked the cables for binding when passing through the plastic below the ship etc.
4: replaced both the controller board and rocker motor with new parts from JJP.
5: lubed the upper and lower pins that connect the long bar behind the backboard. I used a small amount of “Super lube”.

Am I missing anything? I have tried searching the thread but can’t find anything else to try. Any help will be appreciated.
Thanks!

#15397 3 years ago
Quoted from crwjumper:

Is the Black Pearl rocking issue actually a code problem?
I recently bought a POTC LE from a buddy. It had ~75 plays on it and is in excellent condition. But the Black Perl has issues with rocking:
1: In play, it will stop rocking in the full right or full left position.
2: When loading the cannon, if it was rocking before loading it usually stops rocking and will usually start to creep a little before timing out and shooting.
3: When loading the cannon, if the ship has NOT been rocking, it starts rocking.
4: In testing modes, it does weird things. Sometimes all of the tests work well except for the recalibration, which starts to labor part way through the process and never completes. Sometimes it will make it all of the way down to speed 2, sometimes it only makes it down to speed 9 or 10.
5: in testing, sometimes it does nothing.
6: In testing, sometimes one or two of the “Left”, “Right” or “Home” tests will work and then nothing will work after.
7: Here is one that makes me think that it could be a code issue: In testing sometimes when doing “Full Run”, it starts rocking back and forth but will not stop no matter which test you try after choosing “Full Run”. Even leaving the test mode and starting the game doesn’t stop the “Full Run” test until it receives a signal to rock differently during the game.
8: When it gets stuck it’s almost always in the full left or the full right position.
I have done the following in attempts to resolve:
1: checked the clearance of the pin through the Backboard - plenty of clearance on the top and bottom.
2: checked the optos. Blown with air and cleaned with q-tip and alcohol. Both register in testing.
3: checked the cables for binding when passing through the plastic below the ship etc.
4: replaced both the controller board and rocker motor with new parts from JJP.
5: lubed the upper and lower pins that connect the long bar behind the backboard. I used a small amount of “Super lube”.
Am I missing anything? I have tried searching the thread but can’t find anything else to try. Any help will be appreciated.
Thanks!

What version are you running? Have you tried reloading the firmware?

A while back mine quit rocking. I did a bunch of troubleshooting and couldn't find anything. Then after running the calibration more than once, it just started working. That was several hundred games ago and it hasn't messed up since.

#15398 3 years ago

I’m running the most current code. I’ll try reloading, but everything else works correctly throughout the game.

#15399 3 years ago

I had similar inconsistent issues and it ended up being the black tube behind the Playfield that goes into the backbox being wedged against the back of the Playfield where the ship lynch pin is. By moving that a little and making sure it wasn’t pressing against the ship parts I fixed my issues.
Hope this helps.

#15400 3 years ago

Sounds like it is binding somewhere or even was not seated properly (ie only 1 of the 2 pegs holding it in.). I would pull the pearl and reinstall it. While it’s out check wire it to see if you can find anything there where it might be rubbing. On reinstall make sure both pegs are aligned properly.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Vernon, BC
$ 24.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 99.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

29,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Frisco, TX
$ 24.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 38.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 20.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Mod Co.

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 18,875 posts in this topic. You are on page 308 of 378.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-pirates-of-the-caribbean-official-owners-and-fan-club/page/308?hl=moomert1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.