(Topic ID: 200141)

JJP Pirates of the Caribbean Official Owners and Fan Club!

By goren1818

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 18,810 posts
  • 633 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 16 days ago by insight75
  • Topic is favorited by 284 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

431321214_1110342276953195_8816628931148154685_n (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223442061 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223435586 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240204_044856660.MP (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240203-170723 (resized).png
PXL_20240128_214506994 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240128_224833483.MP (resized).jpg
IMG_0980 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0982 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0981 (resized).jpeg
download (resized).jpg
IMG_6275 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6274 (resized).jpeg
8b9srv (resized).jpg
20231211_131402 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

20 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,810 posts in this topic. You are on page 307 of 377.
#15301 3 years ago

Please,I don't know what the big flashing blue arrows correspond to?

#15302 3 years ago

Why this arrow blue?
P1050025 (resized).JPGP1050025 (resized).JPG

#15303 3 years ago
Quoted from swampy:

100% my factory gear didn't have any grub screws. Surprisingly the factory gear simply prised off. Seems there's been a few 'factory anomalies' on my game. Upper left flipper had the wrong coil sleeve in it too.
Yes the rubber gear is included in the kit but the instructions suggest that it used to perhaps be an add-on? Was just curious as to how much this new gear quietens things down.

Without set screws your disk must be slipping a lot, which is part of the noise. I recently moved POTC from one room to another. My disk immediately started slipping again. It has two set screws. Time for some blue locktite.

#15304 3 years ago
Quoted from RobbyIRL5:

Hoping I can get some feedback on what the flipper power should be (or how it is on your all’s in comparison). I think I’m fine but just curious. I have all coil settings to default.
Maelstrom - can make it up the ramp no issue from a hold on the right flipper.
Right ramp (leading to black pearl) - can not make it up the ramp from a left flipper hold. Makes it about halfway. Ball needs a pretty good run down one of the lanes.
Chest (when ready to lock) - can’t do it from the left flipper (can run it through when not in lock mode no issue). From the right flipper (even when just holding) it has to be a perfect shot (and I find myself pushing the flipper button harder lol). Get some rejects when it’s off just a hair or maybe the shot isn’t powerful enough.
Those are the only shots that really require power. Is this how it should be or do I need to up the flipper coil values and/or consider rebuilding (assuming not the case, machine was very well maintained before I got it).
Thanks!

Your left flipper sounds weak. You should definitely be able to hit up the ramp to the black pearl from a left trap.

#15305 3 years ago
Quoted from TICTAC:

Why this arrow blue?
[quoted image]

Are you in On Stranger Tides multiball when it's flashing blue? I know one of the times that arrow flashes blue is during that multiball because the chest/inner loop combo is one of the three jackpot shots for that multiball.

#15306 3 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

Without set screws your disk must be slipping a lot, which is part of the noise. I recently moved POTC from one room to another. My disk immediately started slipping again. It has two set screws. Time for some blue locktite.

I've added the silencing kit to my disk and it's still so loud I can hear it spinning when someone is playing and I'm in another room. It's by far the most annoying issue with my pirates.

#15307 3 years ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

Are you in On Stranger Tides multiball when it's flashing blue? I know one of the times that arrow flashes blue is during that multiball because the chest/inner loop combo is one of the three jackpot shots for that multiball.

I would be interested in the blue arrow indication as well. Yes, it flashes during MB to indicate double and triple jackpots. But it is flashing blue in one ball play as well, sometimes The inner loop and sometimes the chest shot. I have no idea what the pin wants me to tell.

#15308 3 years ago

I’m having a little garage sale and I have a potc cabinet decal set. I used the right head decal to cover some shipping damage but the other four are brand new. Anyone have any need for those?

#15309 3 years ago
Quoted from paynemic:

I’m having a little garage sale and I have a potc cabinet decal set. I used the right head decal to cover some shipping damage but the other four are brand new. Anyone have any need for those?

I could. I'll shoot you a message.

#15310 3 years ago
Quoted from Zora:

I would be interested in the blue arrow indication as well. Yes, it flashes during MB to indicate double and triple jackpots. But it is flashing blue in one ball play as well, sometimes The inner loop and sometimes the chest shot. I have no idea what the pin wants me to tell.

When the game begin, the inner loop is flashing blue & red. After many multiball, I have seen there are two blue arrows without flash (Chest & right loop). But I don't know why?

#15311 3 years ago

How light an extra ball?
-With map awards- With Mystery awards- With constellation (10)- with liar's dice- But others???

#15312 3 years ago
Quoted from TICTAC:

How light an extra ball?
-With map awards- With Mystery awards- With constellation (10)- with liar's dice- But others???

...and with pirates lane award, I red here comes up after 5 finished pirates lanes.

#15313 3 years ago
Quoted from Zora:

...and with pirates lane award, I red here comes up after 5 finished pirates lanes.

Yes I forgot. Is there any other?

#15314 3 years ago
Quoted from TICTAC:

Yes I forgot. Is there any other?

Special and/or Replay can be configured to award an extra ball if you like.

#15315 3 years ago

Woo hoo! I finally cashed in a good Shot X shot. So I had 6X playfield running from a Mystery award. Got Shot X lit and hit the 5x target. So my next shot will be 30X, but I'm not in a mode or multiball! I'm trapped on the right flipper so I just shoot the Devils Triangle spinner and BOOM! 1,800 points per spin. I didn't exactly see the total but it felt like a couple hundred thousand points. Great feeling!

#15316 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Special and/or Replay can be configured to award an extra ball if you like.

OK, but I prefer original setting.
I think there is something extra ball when you progress. But I don't where it is?

Quoted from LOTR_breath:

Woo hoo! I finally cashed in a good Shot X shot. So I had 6X playfield running from a Mystery award. Got Shot X lit and hit the 5x target. So my next shot will be 30X, but I'm not in a mode or multiball! I'm trapped on the right flipper so I just shoot the Devils Triangle spinner and BOOM! 1,800 points per spin. I didn't exactly see the total but it felt like a couple hundred thousand points. Great feeling!

To bad!!!You haven't mission at this time! Devil's triangle spinner was a good idea!

#15317 3 years ago
Quoted from arzoo:

For me removing the hinge bolts was the most difficult part of the project - they were so tight the plywood veneer chipped on the inside
For my second set I went with PinGraffix blades which have larger holes, so no need to remove the hinge bolts.
Btw, wet method is absolutely the way to go.

I just got pingraffix potc blades and they don’t have holes for the knobs maybe I ordered the wrong ones ? Can u tell us which one u got ?

#15318 3 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

I just got pingraffix potc blades and they don’t have holes for the knobs maybe I ordered the wrong ones ? Can u tell us which one u got ?

These are the one I purchased and they had large holes for the hinge bolts. As I recall the holes were cut but it wasn't obvious until I peeled the graphic from the backing.

Capture (resized).PNGCapture (resized).PNG

#15319 3 years ago
Quoted from arzoo:

These are the one I purchased and they had large holes for the hinge bolts. As I recall the holes were cut but it wasn't obvious until I peeled the graphic from the backing.
[quoted image]

Hmm.. I see no holes at all, I guess Ill try peeling it and see what happens. I hope they are there because putting this thing on without those holes is going to be a pain, the Woz blades fit like a glove, it was quick and easy.

Thanks for the info.

Update, mine dont have holes, I will contact pingraffix see if they can do something.

Added over 4 years ago:

Update update.. Pingraffix sending me new set. Awesome customer service, responded in like 1 day.

#15320 3 years ago

Anyone hear of any code updates?

#15321 3 years ago
Quoted from 3pinballs:

I hear it will come when he is ready to finish it. Pretty much up in the air it seems!

#15322 3 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

I initially misread BOOM as you scored 800M from the spinner. I need better glasses.

#15324 3 years ago

#15325 3 years ago
Quoted from 3pinballs:

No news on when, but I did hear Eric on a recent Twitch stream mention that the new code will address the inner loop opto not registering some shots when the ball is moving too quickly. I had not heard that specific fix before.

I know several of us experience that so it’s great to hear that it’s something they can address with software.

#15326 3 years ago
Quoted from Galooch:

No news on when, but I did hear Eric on a recent Twitch stream mention that the new code will address the inner loop opto not registering some shots when the ball is moving too quickly. I had not heard that specific fix before.
I know several of us experience that so it’s great to hear that it’s something they can address with software.

Hopefully additional callouts and other surprises would be Great plus the Wizard Mode

#15327 3 years ago
Quoted from 3pinballs:

Hopefully additional callouts and other surprises would be Great plus the Wizard Mode

My son is learning the "He's a pirate" (the POTC main theme) on piano, and he plays it (pretty damn well, I must say) ALL the time. It occurred to me the other day that that song is not in the game! Or at least not in any noticeable place. Maybe it's time to get back to working out how to add assets to the game. I love this game quite a lot but I certainly would like to customize it like with Sterns and WPCs via PinBrowser/Pinsound

#15328 3 years ago

The main theme. I Believe they said was too expensive to get the asset (I don’t think Disney owns the rights). But seriously there needs to be some attract music put in

#15329 3 years ago

You can watch Eric play JJPOTC tonight and see some explanations of the game - it's a good format to learn from.

Twitch (resized).jpgTwitch (resized).jpg
#15330 3 years ago

Arrr me buckos!

POTC (resized).jpgPOTC (resized).jpg

#15331 3 years ago

Had an LE and sold/traded it for a reasonable price a few months ago. I miss it already.
Anyone have a SE or LE for sale or trade near St. Louis?
I would put BSD, MET, or WONKA on the chopping block for trades and add cash.

#15332 3 years ago

What makes the Super X timer go and what pauses it? I notice lots of times I have the Super X going and it's not counting down

#15333 3 years ago
Quoted from palmab03:

What makes the Super X timer go and what pauses it? I notice lots of times I have the Super X going and it's not counting down

Well, it won't count down if it's in any scoop of course. But today I noticed it paused even while in the slingshots for a while. I wouldn't have expected that.

#15334 3 years ago
Quoted from Zora:

On the standard, the blue arrow represents the next constellation shot since it doesn't have a star map. I'm not sure if it does the same on the LE/CE.

#15335 3 years ago
Quoted from Vertzilla:

On the standard, the blue arrow represents the next constellation shot since it doesn't have a star map. I'm not sure if it does the same on the LE/CE.

On the LE/CE, shooting the star map when no chapters are enabled will briefly flash the constellation shot white. I would have assumed this is the same on the standard.

#15336 3 years ago
Quoted from arzoo:

On the LE/CE, shooting the star map when no chapters are enabled will briefly flash the constellation shot white. I would have assumed this is the same on the standard.

ya thats whats happening on the SE as well.

#15337 3 years ago

Interesting, seems to be that nowbody knows the sense of the blue arrows.

#15338 3 years ago
Quoted from Zora:

Interesting, seems to be that nowbody knows the sense of the blue arrows.

Maybe it's in the next code update?? oh... yeah... that's right...

#15339 3 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Maybe it's in the next code update?? oh... yeah... that's right...

Then we will know in the next 1 or 2 years.

#15340 3 years ago

OMG! I had the problem where the ball hops over the rail and onto the apron last night. What a PITA! If you try to slide the glass down the ball just gets tighter and tighter. I finally got it pushed back into the shooter lane with a large piece of thin cardboard. I since have raised the rail on the apron as high as it will go. I hope that prevents this from happening again. I hope you never have this happen. It's a real stress inducer.

#15341 3 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

OMG! I had the problem where the ball hops over the rail and onto the apron last night. What a PITA! If you try to slide the glass down the ball just gets tighter and tighter. I finally got it pushed back into the shooter lane with a large piece of thin cardboard. I since have raised the rail on the apron as high as it will go. I hope that prevents this from happening again. I hope you never have this happen. It's a real stress inducer.

That sucks! But that's generally what you have to do. LTG told me

#15342 3 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

I finally got it pushed back into the shooter lane with a large piece of thin cardboard.

Flat plastic ruler, or paint stick works good for this.

LTG : )

#15343 3 years ago
Quoted from arzoo:

Oops you're right. I think I may have gotten a constellation shot when the arrow was flashing and thought that's what it meant. Just checked now and it was flashing blue on the inner loop with nothing on. I started and drained Stranger Tides and then it stayed on the chest. Making the chest lit the loop blue for a few seconds. Maybe it's a broken combo shot indicator.

#15344 3 years ago
Quoted from arzoo:

Thanks, I didn't know.

For the blue arrows???? It's a mystery!

#15345 3 years ago

We will be streaming JJPOTC LE tonight at 6PM EDT - https://twitch.tv/owlnonymous

Ec_az7UWsAYML6W (resized).jpgEc_az7UWsAYML6W (resized).jpg
#15346 3 years ago

I took pinball mod company’s spinning pop bumper barrel and motor. Added my own cursed pirate figure to it.

43EF7817-8ED9-439F-88AF-4D251EA96811 (resized).jpeg43EF7817-8ED9-439F-88AF-4D251EA96811 (resized).jpeg
#15347 3 years ago

This will be my last night in the club. It has been a blast. I was lucky to have a game with no real issues. I've played the heck out of it and time to move on. Good luck!

#15348 3 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

This will be my last night in the club. It has been a blast. I was lucky to have a game with no real issues. I've played the heck out of it and time to move on. Good luck!

Can't wait to see your next post saying "I've made a huge mistake!"

#15349 3 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Can't wait to see your next post saying "I've made a huge mistake!"

When the profit runs out he will

#15350 3 years ago

So I wanted to see if I could add a mermaid somewhere on the playfield. This is all I could come up with. Haven't decided if I will keep as is or remove. Wish I could see the tail more. I might try to touch up the skin so it blends in more.

20200722_052752 (resized).jpg20200722_052752 (resized).jpg20200721_184836 (resized).jpg20200721_184836 (resized).jpg
Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
20,950 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
La Cañada Flintridge, CA
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Playfield - Protection
Pin Monk
Protection
$ 100.00
Boards
Led Pinball
Boards
There are 18,810 posts in this topic. You are on page 307 of 377.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-pirates-of-the-caribbean-official-owners-and-fan-club/page/307?hl=thot and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.