New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 200141)

JJP Pirates of the Caribbean Official Owners and Fan Club!

By goren1818

3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 16,093 posts
  • 541 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 day ago by LOTR_breath
  • Topic is favorited by 261 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 2,735 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

irl540 (resized).JPG
IMG_3646 (resized).jpg
IMG_3643 (resized).jpg
OLD (resized).jpg
B30BBD43-C0A4-4ECB-943F-6E383272EA00 (resized).jpeg
pirates4 (resized).jpg
pirates3 (resized).jpg
pirates2 (resized).jpg
pirates1 (resized).jpg
7874F9E2-5840-4E0D-937D-A4C6C641834B (resized).jpeg
20201109_191800 (resized).jpg
20201109_191831 (resized).jpg
CCDB63A1-0862-4D5F-8C73-83644B23EE12 (resized).jpeg
Inked69208baf1a8716558c615e80e6b2e0447b186710_LI (resized).jpg
XN72RwR (resized).jpg
2wsW4VTi (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

20 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 16093 posts in this topic. You are on page 304 of 322.
#15151 5 months ago

liorillusion I had this exact problem. It was the balls I was using. I ordered some from pinballlife, make sure they are NOT polished, and have had Zero problems. Phenomenal work on the Endeavor Mod!! Hope this helps

#15152 5 months ago

How can I join the club?

I heard rumors about JJ starting manufacturing this title again. Do you know?

Alternatively, do you know of a distributor who might still have a machine in their inventory?

#15154 5 months ago
Quoted from Yaron:

do you know of a distributor who might still have a machine in their inventory?

That or keep an eye for a HUO one for sale.

LTG : )

#15155 5 months ago

Well, Folks, I can't believe I am doing this. But financially I have to let one of my games has to go. Pirates is the one. I will post in classifieds soon, it is HUO, lots of mods, all cliffy's, T-nut fix in place, plays phenomenal. If anyone is interested PM me, want to give some Pirate fans dibs before I list it publicly.

#15156 5 months ago
Quoted from Yaron:

How can I join the club?
I heard rumors about JJ starting manufacturing this title again. Do you know?
Alternatively, do you know of a distributor who might still have a machine in their inventory?

Quoted from Soulrider911:

Well, Folks, I can't believe I am doing this. But financially I have to let one of my games has to go. Pirates is the one. I will post in classifieds soon, it is HUO, lots of mods, all cliffy's, T-nut fix in place, plays phenomenal. If anyone is interested PM me, want to give some Pirate fans dibs before I list it publicly.

Seems like a potential match made in heaven...depending where Yaron is at distance wise.

#15157 5 months ago

Hi all, playing a ton, finally getting some good games, but still don’t have that once in a lifetime game yet. For now just working on getting high scores for each Character and about halfway there. Wanted to ask, is there a scoring or strategy guide topic for this game? Also, is there a way to get The ball safely from the left flipper to the right flipper? It works vice versa hitting the flipper twice quickly. Thanks!

#15158 5 months ago
Quoted from RobbyIRL5:

Hi all, playing a ton, finally getting some good games, but still don’t have that once in a lifetime game yet. For now just working on getting high scores for each Character and about halfway there. Wanted to ask, is there a scoring or strategy guide topic for this game? Also, is there a way to get The ball safely from the left flipper to the right flipper? It works vice versa hitting the flipper twice quickly. Thanks!

I personally found this step by step strategy thread very useful when starting out; From there unlike most any other game the POTC build team did Dozens of gameplay strategy videos I believe are on YouTube now. Good luck.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/simple-explanations-of-basic-goals-in-jjp-s-pirates-of-the-caribbean

#15159 5 months ago
Quoted from LesManley:

Seems like a potential match made in heaven...depending where Yaron is at distance wise.

Isn't it?

We just talked yesterday and it might not be the right match for me. I'll keep looking

#15160 5 months ago

A few months ago I installed the Pinball Mod Company's Maelstrom mod. It is a nice mod, easy to install and removing that black switch housing was an improvement to the game's overall appearance. One thing that bothered me though was the 'empty' plastic shelf that the switch housing was seated on. I like to keep my game mods reversible if I decide later to remove them so cutting off that shelf wasn't an option for me. So, here is my solution to the 'empty shelf' conundrum. I think she looks great and the color of the mod meshes well with the overall colors of the game. And, mermaids are featured in one of the movies (can't remember which one. On Stranger Tides?). Some may complain about her size but she is comparable to the "Jack in the spinning barrel" mod and most all of the mods in my game are not 'true to scale'. Anyway, I just wanted to share my solution and I hope you will find it enjoyable.

mermaid3 (resized).jpgmermaid1 (resized).jpgmermaid2 (resized).jpg
#15161 5 months ago

POTC is by far the best game in my collection, but I wish it had more of a "disney" feel to it, like that smell when you enter the ride.. maybe a shot of some mist in the face when you start a multi ball or hit something.

#15163 5 months ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

POTC is by far the best game in my collection, but I wish it had more of a "disney" feel to it, like that smell when you enter the ride.. maybe a shot of some mist in the face when you start a multi ball or hit something.

That would be cool!

All I really need is the ride song for attract mode and I’ll be thrilled.

#15164 5 months ago
Quoted from Psw757:

That would be cool!

Thats why I'm hoping someone can come up with a skull/crossbone topper that would look like the one on the ride that talks right before you go down the first waterfall "Pssst, Avast there. Come seeking adventure with salty old pirates eh? Sure you come to the proper place." And you could put the music on it to that he would sing along to. I know it would cost $$, since the talking skulls run a couple hundred $ by itself, plus servos and most likely an Arduino . But if Stern can put out a $750 R2D2 topper, surely this could be done! Lior? Modcouple? Anyone?

#15165 5 months ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

great idea. i already made 4D system for WOZ and DI. few people here already have it and the feedback's i got is awesome. but its not for sale to the public. kingbw scott9 and few more.... its fit to all jjp games just need some coding. i will make one to POTC when i have some free time.

Quoted from Heater:

Thats why I'm hoping someone can come up with a skull/crossbone topper that would look like the one on the ride that talks right before you go down the first waterfall "Pssst, Avast there. Come seeking adventure with salty old pirates eh? Sure you come to the proper place." And you could put the music on it to that he would sing along to. I know it would cost $$, since the talking skulls run a couple hundred $ by itself, plus servos and most likely an Arduino . But if Stern can put out a $750 R2D2 topper, surely this could be done! Lior? Modcouple? Anyone?

just wait....

#15166 5 months ago

I remember taking our 1 year old down that first decline on the ride

Quoted from liorillusion:

great idea. i already made 4D system for WOZ and few people ere already have it. but its not for sale to the public. kingbw scott9

just wait....

What’s a 4d ?

#15167 5 months ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

I remember taking our 1 year old down that first bump

What’s a 4d ?

smell, smoke, wind, light effect. and its will take you some time to figure from where it comes to you
there is a video in jjp fan group in facebook. i also sent few sets direct to JJP.

#15168 5 months ago
Quoted from Psw757:

That would be cool!

Or even just ANY MUSIC in attract mode. The Hobbit has some amazing music in a/m. Pirates deserves better

#15169 5 months ago
Quoted from liorillusion:

smell, smoke, wind, light effect. and its will take you some time to figure from where it comes to you
there is a video in jjp fan group in facebook. i also sent few sets direct to JJP.

What ??? That’s awesome ! Can U share link so o can see it?

#15170 5 months ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

you can send me pm or you can find it here
https://www.facebook.com/groups/2328680497445392/?ref=bookmarks

#15171 5 months ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

I can post a video of the "wind" effect over the weekend sometime without showing some of his secrets. Don't want the copycats to produce a junk copy.

#15172 5 months ago

I wonder if that is what the big annoucnmenet for innovation is from JJP???

#15173 5 months ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

I wonder if that is what the big annoucnmenet for innovation is from JJP???

no its not hahaha but i wish!

#15174 5 months ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

It would be great if they could put in the recording of "Dead Men Tell No Tales" that plays at the start of the ride.

#15175 5 months ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

https://www.fodors.com/news/travel-tips/travel-secrets-unveiled-why-does-the-pirates-of-the-caribbean-ride-smell-weird

“The smells are just that of the chlorinated water your boat floats on and perhaps from the Blue Bayou restaurant,” they all say. This is absolutely ridiculous for several reasons. First of all, as we have discussed, the ride is not cleaned with chlorine–it's cleaned with bromine, which is the main source of the smell.“

#15176 5 months ago

I saw a couple of things on Amazon thought why not? These look really good on their own.

20200613_172949 (resized).jpg
#15177 5 months ago

I've been playing Pirates still with the low man on the totem pole character selection method. I play primarily for completion, but also try to be aware of point opportunities. I've gotten through all the game chapters twice now, my first time with Marty were I got 15 mil and then with Elizabeth but only got 9 mil that time. I had a goal to get everyone over 3 mil and did that and I'm almost at everyone over 4 mil, but it is getting hard as you need a pretty good game to bust 4 mil and with how unforgiving the game can be, even a good start is easily wasted. Case in point, I was just playing Will got a 75k skill shot on my initial plunge and the shot to MAP hole gave me an EB which never happens, so 10 seconds in I'm at 80k with an EB. I had a good game, was climbing the points ladder fast but that changed quick. Last two balls were vintage Pirates, couldn't hit the Dead Men Tell No Tales shot to start MB and drained out both times in seconds, first drain I missed my bonus and skull hold so everything reset on me. Game ended at 3.8 mil. On my Pintel score of 3.982 I tilted out my ball 3 bonus which would have put me over 4 mil which was disappointing. I think I am going to have to start ignoring completion and focus on scoring opportunities almost exclusively to get everyone over 4 mil and then hopefully even 5 mil because it's just not even worth playing wizard modes if you don't have a high skull value and/or multipliers and SJPs. With the game code like it is, there isn't really a point to try to get through them when there is no value. You have to be so focused on holding skull values and bonus, if you ignore it to get further in the game it really becomes a detriment to your game.

IMG_20200615_203755 (resized).jpg

#15178 5 months ago
Quoted from LesManley:

I've been playing Pirates still with the low man on the totem pole character selection method. I play primarily for completion, but also try to be aware of point opportunities. I've gotten through all the game chapters twice now, my first time with Marty were I got 15 mil and then with Elizabeth but only got 9 mil that time. I had a goal to get everyone over 3 mil and did that and I'm almost at everyone over 4 mil, but it is getting hard as you need a pretty good game to bust 4 mil and with how unforgiving the game can be, even a good start is easily wasted. Case in point, I was just playing Will got a 75k skill shot on my initial plunge and the shot to MAP hole gave me an EB which never happens, so 10 seconds in I'm at 80k with an EB. I had a good game, was climbing the points ladder fast but that changed quick. Last two balls were vintage Pirates, couldn't hit the Dead Men Tell No Tales shot to start MB and drained out both times in seconds, first drain I missed my bonus and skull hold so everything reset on me. Game ended at 3.8 mil. On my Pintel score of 3.982 I tilted out my ball 3 bonus which would have put me over 4 mil which was disappointing. I think I am going to have to start ignoring completion and focus on scoring opportunities almost exclusively to get everyone over 4 mil and then hopefully even 5 mil because it's just not even worth playing wizard modes if you don't have a high skull value and/or multipliers and SJPs. With the game code like it is, there isn't really a point to try to get through them when there is no value. You have to be so focused on holding skull values and bonus, if you ignore it to get further in the game it really becomes a detriment to your game.
[quoted image]

Ugh.... I was pretty excited about my 1.5M score. Clearly I have much to learn!!!

#15179 5 months ago
Quoted from RobbyIRL5:

Ugh.... I was pretty excited about my 1.5M score. Clearly I have much to learn!!!

You should be excited about your 1.5 mil game! You could have progressed really well in the game, but just didn't have things going at the right time to get your score way up there, this game is such a game of timing. Scoring can be so varied in this game even with similar progress. I'm finding more and more how important it is to try to set up scoring opportunities because there just isn't many individual big points to be had like in most other games. For me, it's hard to wrap my head around the fact that playing a wizard mode in certain instances doesn't really make sense since normally in other games they are mainly big point opportunities. JJP Pirates is a very involved game with everything going on. I wouldn't claim to know everything there is by any means as I'm still learning too, but as soon as you start figuring out little things and putting them together, that's when your scores can get big, but it's hard. The game can be very unforgiving when you start shooting very specific shots and/or stand up targets that can send the ball out of control. Your best bet for a high single point value is a super jackpot shot, but some of those are extremely difficult to get even 1 or 2 and even when you do they are only around 45k without a multiplier. Most everything else "big" is around a few thousand un-multiplied, so without multipliers, held 6x bonuses and/or multiplied wizard modes it can take really long games to get your score up really high at that pace. It is so rewarding when you can line things up and manage not to lose the ball or the setup while doing it.

#15180 5 months ago
Quoted from LesManley:

You should be excited about your 1.5 mil game! You could have progressed really well in the game, but just didn't have things going at the right time to get your score way up there, this game is such a game of timing. Scoring can be so varied in this game even with similar progress. I'm finding more and more how important it is to try to set up scoring opportunities because there just isn't many individual big points to be had like in most other games. For me, it's hard to wrap my head around the fact that playing a wizard mode in certain instances doesn't really make sense since normally in other games they are mainly big point opportunities. JJP Pirates is a very involved game with everything going on. I wouldn't claim to know everything there is by any means as I'm still learning too, but as soon as you start figuring out little things and putting them together, that's when your scores can get big, but it's hard. The game can be very unforgiving when you start shooting very specific shots and/or stand up targets that can send the ball out of control. Your best bet for a high single point value is a super jackpot shot, but some of those are extremely difficult to get even 1 or 2 and even when you do they are only around 45k without a multiplier. Most everything else "big" is around a few thousand un-multiplied, so without multipliers, held 6x bonuses and/or multiplied wizard modes it can take really long games to get your score up really high at that pace. It is so rewarding when you can line things up and manage not to lose the ball or the setup while doing it.

Time to change your name to MoreManley!

#15181 5 months ago
Quoted from LesManley:

[quoted image]

Wow! I'm just working on getting all characters over 1M. I've played about 400 games now and my best score is 2.5M. My best wizard mode was around 700-800K. My best single shot was a SJP with 6x playfield for 260K. I can never seem to cash in a shot X for anything valuable. Any suggestions for doing that?

#15182 5 months ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

Wow! I'm just working on getting all characters over 1M. I've played about 400 games now and my best score is 2.5M. My best wizard mode was around 700-800K. My best single shot was a SJP with 6x playfield for 260K. I can never seem to cash in a shot X for anything valuable. Any suggestions for doing that?

Shot X is tough because it's the very next shot and that's it. If you have a MB going it can be almost impossible to shoot something you want and it's so hard to set up. I wouldn't worry about shot X right now and focus on the 6x multiplier first since it runs for 30 seconds so you have more opportunities.

The best shots for the multiplier are the SJPs and the wizard mode shots if you have any value for that wizard mode, but you can get single normal shots up there in value too. One thing I would definitely focus on is the skull value. Each movie shot has a skull value. Base is 1000 and each time you make that shot it increases that skull value until the value maxes out at 10000. Whatever the skull value is for the shot when you shoot it, you get that amount of points for the shot. That means if you have the chest shot maxed out at 10000, whenever you shoot that shot, it's worth 10000 points. On a easily repeatable shot like the chest or the upper loop, this can get very valuable, especially if you have both those shots at a high value and then combo them chest to loop. Add in a multiplier like 6x and you could be getting 60000 for a single standard shot every time. Add in a MB or MBs and you can imagine that scoring can go up really quick in this situation. The thing to remember here is that skull values reset every ball...unless you get them held. Each time you shoot the depths, you'll hold a skull value. Mystery awards can also hold multiple skulls values. This is so key to focus on when you get a high skull value...you can't let it reset, you need to make sure you get it held or you will miss out on so many points.

#15183 5 months ago
Quoted from LesManley:

Shot X is tough because it's the very next shot and that's it. If you have a MB going it can be almost impossible to shoot something you want and it's so hard to set up. I wouldn't worry about shot X right now and focus on the 6x multiplier first since it runs for 30 seconds so you have more opportunities.
The best shots for the multiplier are the SJPs and the wizard mode shots if you have any value for that wizard mode, but you can get single normal shots up there in value too. One thing I would definitely focus on is the skull value. Each movie shot has a skull value. Base is 1000 and each time you make that shot it increases that skull value until the value maxes out at 10000. Whatever the skull value is for the shot when you shoot it, you get that amount of points for the shot. That means if you have the chest shot maxed out at 10000, whenever you shoot that shot, it's worth 10000 points. On a easily repeatable shot like the chest or the upper loop, this can get very valuable, especially if you have both those shots at a high value and then combo them chest to loop. Add in a multiplier like 6x and you could be getting 60000 for a single standard shot every time. Add in a MB or MBs and you can imagine that scoring can go up really quick in this situation. The thing to remember here is that skull values reset every ball...unless you get them held. Each time you shoot the depths, you'll hold a skull value. Mystery awards can also hold multiple skulls values. This is so key to focus on when you get a high skull value...you can't let it reset, you need to make sure you get it held or you will miss out on so many points.

ok, thanks. I was aware of all those rules except for one. I had no idea that you got the skull value just for making that color shot. I thought it was only the lit shots during chapters. Thanks for the info!

#15184 5 months ago

Of course stoked to have the Endeavor mod in now, but also took a page out of harryhoudini 's book and now have the pops styled different.

Where Scott went with clear skirts and black housings, I went with black skirts and kept the stock housings. Somewhat akin to Medieval Madness pop styling, except brown caps instead of purple on the latter.

I think with the known clearcoat issues under the pops, going with clear skirts wasn't a direction I was going to take, and black housings may have been too dark, too tall or both with black skirts too (they are taller than stock in black and I'm guessing would have to be custom trimmed to fit under the pearl pop bumper)

Tortuga Jack style pops now. Black vest/white shirt coordinated.

20200618_210016 (resized).jpgScreenshot_20200619-074527_Photos (resized).jpg

#15185 5 months ago
Quoted from LesManley:

What I haven’t really figured out yet are the skull values / holds. Seem to default to 1000, and I’ve seen much more on some. When do these points apply? Every time I hit that skull lane again anytime? Or only when I hit the character after a chapter is started? How do I increase their value? I saw an increase in the Tartuga prize, can’t imagine that’s the only way. Also, how do I get a hold (I think I also saw in a Tartuga Prize)? And if one of the skulls is high, what’s the best way to take advantage of that high skull value? Thanks all!!!

#15186 5 months ago
Quoted from RobbyIRL5:

What I haven’t really figured out yet are the skull values / holds. Seem to default to 1000, and I’ve seen much more on some. When do these points apply? Every time I hit that skull lane again anytime? Or only when I hit the character after a chapter is started? How do I increase their value? I saw an increase in the Tartuga prize, can’t imagine that’s the only way. Also, how do I get a hold (I think I also saw in a Tartuga Prize)? And if one of the skulls is high, what’s the best way to take advantage of that high skull value? Thanks all!!!

Every time you shoot one of the movie shots it increases the skull value. Random awards can also add points to skull value. And every time you shoot that shot you get the current skull value for that shot. It doesn't have to be in any mode or multi-ball. They all max out at 10,000 points. The best way to take advantage of a high skull value is to set yourself up for an easily repeatable high value shot like the chest loop combo. Try to have a high multiplier running and bring in some multi balls to keep it going. You can hold the skull value by shooting the depths. every time you shoot it it will hold one skull value. You can get rewards that give you multiple skull value holds randomly.

#15187 5 months ago
Quoted from LesManley:

Every time you shoot one of the movie shots it increases the skull value. Random awards can also add points to skull value. And every time you shoot that shot you get the current skull value for that shot. It doesn't have to be in any mode or multi-ball. They all max out at 10,000 points. The best way to take advantage of a high skull value is to set yourself up for an easily repeatable high value shot like the chest loop combo. Try to have a high multiplier running and bring in some multi balls to keep it going. You can hold the skull value by shooting the depths. every time you shoot it it will hold one skull value. You can get rewards that give you multiple skull value holds randomly.

Interesting, thank you. I thought the values are relevant for collecting the characters when a chapter of the relevant movie is running only. But this is correct as well, isn‘t it?

Could somebody explain the function of the small skull, one of the five chapters shown in each movie. It has already been explaines somewhere here, but I cannot remember. Might be new for others as well.

From a playing strategy perspective: I think you have to evaluate the advantage of pushing the skull value higher against the disadvantage of playing less chapters, which might lead to a lower chance of reaching a Wizard mod. How do you play in this regard?

#15188 5 months ago

Just checked the skull value hold when shooting the devil‘s triangle. Noticed that a value hold is not always rewarded even if the ball makes a full turn. Is that normal? I have no problems starting the multiball, which requires the same shot. And no error in the switch test matrix.

#15189 5 months ago

The small skull signifies that you have hit the chapter shot and that chapter will be in the rotation when it selects what scene to play. So new game there will be no skulls. Hit the chest shot and a skull will pop up on the green saying you can play a green scene. Maelstrom is red. Inner loop blue ect... hitting the depths does a skull hold value. The little skull in front of the 5 main shots will turn white (I think) showing the value of that skull is held for the next ball. Skull values are shown at top right next to where you see the checks x and skulls. Checks are chapter was fully completed. X are chapter was played but did not get every character. And skull shows that chapter is qualified for play but has not been played yet. Every time you play a chapter you have to re qualify.

Hopefully my morning explanation isn’t too confusing

#15190 5 months ago
Quoted from Zora:

Just checked the skull value hold when shooting the devil‘s triangle. Noticed that a value hold is not always rewarded even if the ball makes a full turn. Is that normal? I have no problems starting the multiball, which requires the same shot. And no error in the switch test matrix.

You need to shoot The Depths scoop to the left of the Devil's Triangle to hold skull values, not the Devil's Triangle shot itself.

#15191 5 months ago

I recently added some details to chapter scoring and skull values over on tiltforums. If you want to read the entire rulesheet here is the link.

http://tiltforums.com/t/pirates-of-the-caribbean-jjp-rulesheet-wip/4169

Chapters:

There are five colored skulls shown at the top of the backglass display, as well various shots on the playfield: Port Royal (yellow skull), the Chest (green skull), the Maelstrom (red skull), the Fountain of Youth (blue skull), and the Devil’s Triangle (purple skull).

Shooting any of these shots once qualifies a chapter at the Star Map shot. If the Star Map is made with multiple chapters qualified, the ball will bounce around and collect the Skull value for each target hit. The last target hit before time runs out will be the chapter you play.

Skull values and Chapter Scoring:
Skull values begin at 1000pts and can be built to a max of 10,000pts. They are built by the following:
Purple Skull: Left spinner adds 10pts per spin and 5pts for a partial spin. A good spinner rip can add several hundred points to the Purple Skull value.
Red Skull: Each shot to the left ramp(Maelstrom) shot adds 100pts to red skull value.
Green Skull: Each shot to the Chest adds 50pts to the green skull value.
Yellow Skull: Each shot to the left orbit(Port Royal) adds 75pts to the yellow skull value
Blue Skull: Each shot to the Inner loop(Fountain of Youth) adds 25pts to the blue skull value.

Character shot values are multiplied by adding .5X for each additional Skull lit when shooting the Star Map.
Examples: One skull lit = characters are collected at 1X.
Four skulls lit = characters are collected at 2.5X
All five skulls lit = characters are collected at 3X.
Once a chapter is played, all skulls are unlit and must be re-lit to start another chapter at the Star Map.
When a ball ends, all skull values reset to 1000pts unless a Skull Hold has been awarded.
Skull Holds:
Shooting The Depths will apply a Skull Hold to the highest current skull value.
Skull Holds can also be given through mystery awards.
Playing as Angelica also awards 1 skull hold at the end of every ball.

The rules for starting Chapters vary depending on your character. If you’re playing as Elizabeth Swann, a Chapter is always lit, and Tia Dalma allows you to select the Chapter you want with the flippers and action button.

In each Chapter, the goal is to complete all flashing shots, from a minimum of 1 to a maximum of 12. Completing a Chapter awards a Completion Bonus of 2500 and increases by 250 each time, a Timer Bonus worth 25 x the number of characters x the number of seconds left. The shots themselves are worth the Skull value corresponding to the appropriate color. The more characters collected, the higher the level of scoring in a movie’s Wizard Mode will be. Completing Chapters also contributes to this tally.

In order to qualify each movie’s mini-wizard mode, 5 chapters from the movie must be played.

#15192 5 months ago

Thank you for your explanations. Understood so far. Shooting the depth for skull value holds was new to me, I thought the devils triangle was relevant.

However, what is the sense of the small skulls, see picture below. That is the start of the second ball. All skull values back to minimum 1.000 points, clear so far. The green movie was hit four times during ball 1. The first shot made the green skull appear. Another 3 shots to the green movie (chest) made the skull move to the right. So I can see From the position of the skull, how many times the green movie was already hit. But why do I get this information, I don‘t understand how to use it for the game?

304793B4-7FA7-4D05-8183-C84B75F250B4 (resized).jpeg
#15193 5 months ago
Quoted from Zora:

I don‘t understand how to use it for the game?

+1
And so:I don't know why the big arrows often red are sometimes blue?

#15194 5 months ago
Quoted from Zora:

Thank you for your explanations. Understood so far. Shooting the depth for skull value holds was new to me, I thought the devils triangle was relevant.
However, what is the sense of the small skulls, see picture below. That is the start of the second ball. All skull values back to minimum 1.000 points, clear so far. The green movie was hit four times during ball 1. The first shot made the green skull appear. Another 3 shots to the green movie (chest) made the skull move to the right. So I can see From the position of the skull, how many times the green movie was already hit. But why do I get this information, I don‘t understand how to use it for the game?
[quoted image]

There are about 25 chapters for each movie, so about 125 chapters total in the game. For each game, 5 chapters for each movie are loaded as the ones you will have to play to reach that movie's wizard mode.

So to summarize it: 5 chapters are loaded for each movie at the start of every game. Skull shows which of those 5 chapters would be played if you start a chapter now. Skull moves if you hit the chapter shot, meaning that will now be the chapter played if a chapter for that movie is started. So if you've played 4 chapters for a movie, the skull will be in the 5th spot and won't move because it will always be the next chapter played.

#15195 5 months ago
Quoted from Zora:

[quoted image]

Quoted from GnarLee:

Skull values are shown at top right next to where you see the checks x and skulls. Checks are chapter was fully completed. X are chapter was played but did not get every character. And skull shows that chapter is qualified for play but has not been played yet.

from the picture you posted I can see that you have 3 chapters qualified. chapter points are all at base value so most likely stated a new ball. and you have not played any chapters our of thos movies yet due to lack of check mark or x

#15196 5 months ago

Hoping I can get some feedback on what the flipper power should be (or how it is on your all’s in comparison). I think I’m fine but just curious. I have all coil settings to default.

Maelstrom - can make it up the ramp no issue from a hold on the right flipper.

Right ramp (leading to black pearl) - can not make it up the ramp from a left flipper hold. Makes it about halfway. Ball needs a pretty good run down one of the lanes.

Chest (when ready to lock) - can’t do it from the left flipper (can run it through when not in lock mode no issue). From the right flipper (even when just holding) it has to be a perfect shot (and I find myself pushing the flipper button harder lol). Get some rejects when it’s off just a hair or maybe the shot isn’t powerful enough.

Those are the only shots that really require power. Is this how it should be or do I need to up the flipper coil values and/or consider rebuilding (assuming not the case, machine was very well maintained before I got it).

Thanks!

#15197 5 months ago
Quoted from RobbyIRL5:

Hoping I can get some feedback on what the flipper power should be (or how it is on your all’s in comparison). I think I’m fine but just curious. I have all coil settings to default.
Maelstrom - can make it up the ramp no issue from a hold on the right flipper.
Right ramp (leading to black pearl) - can not make it up the ramp from a left flipper hold. Makes it about halfway. Ball needs a pretty good run down one of the lanes.
Chest (when ready to lock) - can’t do it from the left flipper (can run it through when not in lock mode no issue). From the right flipper (even when just holding) it has to be a perfect shot (and I find myself pushing the flipper button harder lol). Get some rejects when it’s off just a hair or maybe the shot isn’t powerful enough.
Those are the only shots that really require power. Is this how it should be or do I need to up the flipper coil values and/or consider rebuilding (assuming not the case, machine was very well maintained before I got it).
Thanks!

Maybe also check playfield pitch and lower it a bit if it's high. Should be able to make both right ramp and chest from the left flipper cradle. Also check that the chest forks are tight (no screws loose in the mech under the playfield).

#15198 5 months ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

Maybe also check playfield pitch and lower it a bit if it's high. Should be able to make both right ramp and chest from the left flipper cradle. Also check that the chest forks are tight (no screws loose in the mech under the playfield).

I’ve got about a half a degree difference in the front and back, and I took the 6.5 in the middle so maybe a hair steep at the back. I did bump up the left flipper coil a few and it felt great.

Thanks for the advice.

#15199 5 months ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

There are about 25 chapters for each movie, so about 125 chapters total in the game. For each game, 5 chapters for each movie are loaded as the ones you will have to play to reach that movie's wizard mode.
So to summarize it: 5 chapters are loaded for each movie at the start of every game. Skull shows which of those 5 chapters would be played if you start a chapter now. Skull moves if you hit the chapter shot, meaning that will now be the chapter played if a chapter for that movie is started. So if you've played 4 chapters for a movie, the skull will be in the 5th spot and won't move because it will always be the next chapter played.

Thank you for the explanation. That means that I can select the chapter that will be started next by shooting that chapter shot. That would make sense if I would know the 5 chapters that have been chosen for that movie (and would know how interesting the concrete chapter is). Can I see somewhere which 5 chapters are chosen?

#15200 5 months ago

....so anyway, the information from the skull position In the respective chapter would be restricted, even if the 5 chosen chapters are known. I could select a green chapter by shooting the chest X times until the green skull is one the position for the chapter I want to select (which may be a chapter with many characters to hit before MB start). But the game makes a random select between the qualified colors or I open the green chapter only, but then I get a small multiplier only, which is a disadvantage against the advantage of choosing a special chapter in the green color.

For me the skull information therefore seems to be of minor practical importance.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 29.95
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC
$ 279.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Machine - For Sale
Canyon Lake, CA
14,000 (Firm)
Sale Pending!
Louisville, KY
$ 239.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Tilttopper
There are 16093 posts in this topic. You are on page 304 of 322.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside