(Topic ID: 200141)

JJP Pirates of the Caribbean Official Owners and Fan Club!

By goren1818

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 18,885 posts
  • 633 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 days ago by Buzzie
  • Topic is favorited by 284 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pirates2 (resized).jpg
IMG_2296 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2297 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2298 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2299 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2301 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2300 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
20240330_165232 (resized).jpg
POTC_Mods_annotated (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2024-03-29 at 12.02.54 PM (resized).png
17117301082711484468150429261795 (resized).jpg
20240329_160033 (resized).jpg
431321214_1110342276953195_8816628931148154685_n (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223442061 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223435586 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

20 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,885 posts in this topic. You are on page 303 of 378.
#15101 3 years ago
Quoted from arzoo:

For me removing the hinge bolts was the most difficult part of the project - they were so tight the plywood veneer chipped on the inside
For my second set I went with PinGraffix blades which have larger holes, so no need to remove the hinge bolts.
Btw, wet method is absolutely the way to go.

Good to know....i.e. PinGraffix

#15102 3 years ago
Quoted from GCS2000:

I already have the protectors. I just have read how super tight this PF is compared to other games making install and use a pain.

I can concur.....its a tight fit...

#15103 3 years ago
Quoted from GCS2000:

I already have the protectors. I just have read how super tight this PF is compared to other games making install and use a pain.

Have a helper. I have to have my kids hold the side protectors in place when I raise it or they will lift up. My cabinet is super tight.

#15104 3 years ago

Tore up my Pinstadium magnetic strips can't imagine what would happen if I also had blades.

#15105 3 years ago

The clearance is so tight on my SE with the stainless steel side rails, every time I raise and lower the playfield I get some powdery shavings from the side of the playfield onto the siderails. And I am being as careful as I can...

#15106 3 years ago

Was finally able to put a good game together after 9 months ...20200520_002539 (resized).jpg20200520_002539 (resized).jpg20200520_002556 (resized).jpg20200520_002556 (resized).jpg20200520_002603 (resized).jpg20200520_002603 (resized).jpg20200520_002548 (resized).jpg20200520_002548 (resized).jpg

#15107 3 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

I DID IT, I DID IT, I DID IT!!!
I figured I'd just go down and play a quick game, little did I know I would end up beating Pirates of the Caribbean for the first time ever. The final wizard mode isn't in the game yet but I got to all five movie wizard modes and played them all and then kept going. With 2 balls left and EB lit, I had the last two wizard modes lit. In perfect fashion, next ball, plunge, bricked the shot and quick drain...also tilted trying to save it and lost 486,000 in bonus to boot which was fantastic. Got At World's End started with 1 ball left and played through it, then drained. Had to collect my EB on my last ball and got Dead Men Tell No Tales started to seal it and then kept going! Ended up with over 15 million. Absolutely amazing game! I can't believe there is still more to come!?!? Thank you hogbog and team!
So now I could legitimately complain that the final wizard mode isn't in the game because I would have played it, but you know what? I don't mind, take your time, do it right, make it awesome and I'll be back! I love this game!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

A quick game you say? How long did this game last?

#15108 3 years ago
Quoted from fossmin:

A quick game you say? How long did this game last?

It was close to an hour. My wife had even sent my 8 year old son downstairs to find me and see what was going on because dinner was ready and I had said I was just going to play a quick game. I told him I was close to beating the game and he said he didn't want his coming downstairs to be the reason I didn't make it because he thought he was distracting me. It was cute. I told him that wasn't the case and not to worry about it...then promptly had that plunge, brick, drain ball. Him being there was good though because it forced me to keep my composure and he got a kick out of being there when I did it. If that had happened and he wasn't there I would have been swearing and probably punching bar stools, but with him there I took it rather well.

#15109 3 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

It was close to an hour. My wife had even sent my 8 year old son downstairs to find me and see what was going on because dinner was ready and I had said I was just going to play a quick game. I told him I was close to beating the game and he said he didn't want his coming downstairs to be the reason I didn't make it because he thought he was distracting me. It was cute. I told him that wasn't the case and not to worry about it...then promptly had that plunge, brick, drain ball. Him being there was good though because it forced me to keep my composure and he got a kick out of being there when I did it. If that had happened and he wasn't there I would have been swearing and probably punching bar stools, but with him there I took it rather well.

Nice. Congrats on that game!

#15110 3 years ago

Hey guys my black pearl is going nuts since I just updated to 0.99. It goes really fast, then slows down, then speeds up again. Is this normal behavior? Am I missing something?

#15111 3 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Hey guys my black pearl is going nuts since I just updated to 0.99. It goes really fast, then slows down, then speeds up again. Is this normal behavior? Am I missing something?

Normal behaviour I believe. Mine does the same.

#15112 3 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

The longer that you are on it, and the more that you go onto it, the faster it moves. There's one character that has the advantage to reduce the black pearl motion.

#15113 3 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

The longer that you are on it, and the more that you go onto it, the faster it moves. There's one character that has the advantage to reduce the black pearl motion.

It seems completely radome to me other than picking the one character with a stated advantage. Actually seems like it gets easier the more often you're on-board, but I haven't given it that much attention. Curious if JJP has ever really communicated how it's programmed?

#15114 3 years ago
Quoted from luckymoey:

It seems completely radome to me other than picking the one character with a stated advantage. Actually seems like it gets easier the more often you're on-board, but I haven't given it that much attention. Curious if JJP has ever really communicated how it's programmed?

That’s funny. I think it gets much wilder later in the game.

#15115 3 years ago

Been a seed a few times. Even within the past couple weeks. The sway starts at a set speed. Every time you board the black pearl it gets a little faster. Bp spinners also increase the speed. It is possible to go from slow to fast with only a few good bp spinner shots. Speed resets after playing curse of the black pearl multiball. And like everything else the more times through the cycle it will require less and less to reach full speed

#15116 3 years ago

Thanks everyone for all your help. Awesome community. Pirates has sailed away for now. Thanks again!

#15117 3 years ago
Capture (resized).PNGCapture (resized).PNG
#15118 3 years ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

Thanks everyone for all your help. Awesome community. Pirates has sailed away for now. Thanks again!

Oh no... You sold your game?

#15119 3 years ago

Yep. Might get it back someday. Enjoyed it while it lasted.

#15120 3 years ago

Hello all, picked up LE this game a few days ago, and am hooked. 2 days in and my high score is in to 200,000’s, and that was on a couple multiplied skilled shots when using Will (all happened in 20 seconds). Not sure I even completed any chapters. I have completed plenty of chapters but just not high score games. Is this game, on top of having massively complex Rules (in a good way) also hard as hell in just the pinball mechanics? I seem to be getting an excessive amount of drains (like out of the Jack / chapter start and Tartuga hole)? Maybe I need to adjust playfield angles (don’t have an inclinometer yet) but front/back is around 6.5 degrees. Or maybe it’s just pinball.

Anyway super excited about the purchase and completely hooked (to the extent we watched the movies tonight), but wondering if I’ll ever get to 7 figures scores.

With 300 pages in the forum topic, I guess I have a lot of reading to do.

#15121 3 years ago

Yeah, check your level but drains from the mode start (star map?) is a very common complaint. We are all expecting a ball save coming out of there in the next software update.

Tortuga you could check the angle of the scoop or change power settings. There’s a whole thread dedicated to troubleshooting this pin. Look for it. Its well indexed so you can usually find references to any problems that come up.

Edit: here it is
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjpirates-of-the-caribbean-troubleshooting-tips-issues

#15122 3 years ago
Quoted from paynemic:

Yeah, check your level but drains from the mode start (star map?) is a very common complaint. We are all expecting a ball save coming out of there in the next software update.
Tortuga you could check the angle of the scoop or change power settings. There’s a whole thread dedicated to troubleshooting this pin. Look for it. Its well indexed so you can usually find references to any problems that come up.

For Tortuga drains, it's most likely the scoop deflector has come loose. That's what happened with mine. I added some blue locktite and tightened the two screws back down and it's been fine ever since.

#15123 3 years ago
Quoted from paynemic:

Edit: here it is
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjpirates-of-the-caribbean-troubleshooting-tips-issues

nice, thanks for the tips guys. Link is amazing info. Found a couple of applicable posts.

#15124 3 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

For Tortuga drains, it's most likely the scoop deflector has come loose. That's what happened with mine. I added some blue locktite and tightened the two screws back down and it's been fine ever since.

Mine sprays all over the flipper and down the drain occasionally and the screws are tight as heck. So I dunno.

#15125 3 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

This was the case on mine. Didn’t want to pull the pop bumper off so just tightened the screw I could get to and solved the issue (temporarily until I can get the bumper off).

#15126 3 years ago
Quoted from RobbyIRL5:

This was the case on mine. Didn’t want to pull the pop bumper off so just tightened the screw I could get to and solved the issue (temporarily until I can get the bumper off).

You don't have to take the whole pop bumper off. if you remove the pop bumper cap and loosen the screws underneath you can easily get at both of those deflector screws without removing it completely. I only figured that out after removing it once or twice before that.

#15127 3 years ago

Anyone know if the upper non-spinning pop bumper lights up? It has an LED and lights from the test mode, but I never see it light up during game play?

#15128 3 years ago

So I am going to take JJP teaser of "Innovation is coming" as positive news! I assume they will be announcing the WiFI upgrade to all of their machines which means wireless headphones and wireless upgrades. And that will roll out the red carpet to POTC 1.0!!!!! Well, anyways, a person can dream right?

#15129 3 years ago

Lermods translite surround LEDs installed. Very nice upgrade, should have come this way from the factory!

85E9784C-9866-4C82-B8BA-335122530078 (resized).jpeg85E9784C-9866-4C82-B8BA-335122530078 (resized).jpeg4500A1C2-8BB1-4F21-9CC1-E78BEC832172 (resized).jpeg4500A1C2-8BB1-4F21-9CC1-E78BEC832172 (resized).jpeg
#15130 3 years ago

I just got this amazing HMS Endevour MOD from the Art of Pinball today. It was like Christmas opening up this box of goodies and getting this friggin thing installed on my machine. The details on this mod are incredible, and the lighting effects are next level cool. Well worth the extra $$$ I spent to get this expedited shipping to me quicker. Lior hit another one out of the park and I could not be happier with what I received. First class all the way...

1 (resized).jpg1 (resized).jpg

3 (resized).jpg3 (resized).jpg4 (resized).jpg4 (resized).jpg
#15131 3 years ago
Quoted from Scott9:

I just got this amazing HMS Endevour MOD from the Art of Pinball today. It was like Christmas opening up this box of goodies and getting this friggin thing installed on my machine. The details on this mod are incredible, and the lighting effects are next level cool. Well worth the extra $$$ I spent to get this expedited shipping to me quicker. Lior hit another one out of the park and I could not be happier with what I received. First class all the way...
[quoted image]
[quoted image][quoted image]

thank you very much for the feedback and photos. im so happy to see it in the first machine. more people should get it this month i wish....

#15132 3 years ago

I cannot wait to get it. Such a cool mod!

#15133 3 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

So initially the deflector was loose, and I thought I fixed it. Then noticed I did for most, the ball was now mostly going to the left flipper vs the right and down the drain. Just had a drain in my high score game from the tartuga vuk on the last ball, thought I was going to put my fist through the glass.

Screws are tight with as much left angle On the deflector as possible. Interestingly, there is hardly (If any) a difference when I adjust the coil strength. Possible the assembly beneath the playfield could be loose, or maybe a coil (or sleeve) issue?

What should the expected behavior be? The same (Or close) every time? Left flipper? Or is it supposed to be dangerous and drain one out of three?

Thank you!

#15134 3 years ago
Quoted from RobbyIRL5:

So initially the deflector was loose, and I thought I fixed it. Then noticed I did for most, the ball was now mostly going to the left flipper vs the right and down the drain. Just had a drain in my high score game from the tartuga vuk on the last ball, thought I was going to put my fist through the glass.
Screws are tight with as much left angle On the deflector as possible. Interestingly, there is hardly (If any) a difference when I adjust the coil strength. Possible the assembly beneath the playfield could be loose, or maybe a coil (or sleeve) issue?
What should the expected behavior be? The same (Or close) every time? Left flipper? Or is it supposed to be dangerous and drain one out of three?
Thank you!

I've had similar issues. I found the deflector loose, so I tightened it up. Since then I get drains straight down the middle. How much play is there with this deflector? When it was loose it would send the ball (albeit at high speed) to the left flipper. Now it won't.

#15135 3 years ago

Better late than never ...Thank you Yelobird for the support.

08237CB1-06CA-4DDF-BCB2-D95EEF627869 (resized).jpeg08237CB1-06CA-4DDF-BCB2-D95EEF627869 (resized).jpeg2E4F442A-3770-4496-B444-1A5D89B140EE (resized).jpeg2E4F442A-3770-4496-B444-1A5D89B140EE (resized).jpegF5AA58ED-1F7D-4053-A287-7739F969D63F (resized).jpegF5AA58ED-1F7D-4053-A287-7739F969D63F (resized).jpeg76416662-8DC8-419C-A98E-6F4DC87C76EE (resized).jpeg76416662-8DC8-419C-A98E-6F4DC87C76EE (resized).jpeg9C7A633D-7F58-432F-9E6F-E01F732F940D (resized).jpeg9C7A633D-7F58-432F-9E6F-E01F732F940D (resized).jpegA9DDD947-E7C7-4512-A1FB-7558EE496A65 (resized).jpegA9DDD947-E7C7-4512-A1FB-7558EE496A65 (resized).jpeg
#15136 3 years ago
Quoted from RobbyIRL5:

Thank you!

It should go to the left flipper but is not suppose to be totally consistent. Any Kickout that is that close to a flipper will occasionally result in drains. It’s frustrating but is a risk-reward decision and just another way designed to get the ball to drain. One out of 3 straight to the middle is high though - especially if you can’t influence with a timely nudge. May want to check/tweak level or pitch.

#15137 3 years ago

Does your tortuga VUK have the updated "plate" that the ball hits when it kicks out? It should never go SDTM. It should always feed the left flipper every time. My first POTC had this problem, and after I got the updated version of the plate, I never had a single SDTM in 1000 games. My current POTC has the updated VUK and never has a drain from the tortuga VUK.

Quoted from RobbyIRL5:

Thank you!

#15138 3 years ago

Last night, I noticed the bottom part of my treasure chest (the molded plastic part) was a bit wobbly. Not sure if it has always been like this or not. As far as I can tell, it is held in by a bolt on the underside of the chest (very hard to see and had to use my phone camera). It feels tight. Should I mess with it, or just let it be. Does not affect gameplay as this is just the soft plastic mold, not the metal working parts.

#15139 3 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

Does your tortuga VUK have the updated "plate" that the ball hits when it kicks out? It should never go SDTM. It should always feed the left flipper every time. My first POTC had this problem, and after I got the updated version of the plate, I never had a single SDTM in 1000 games. My current POTC has the updated VUK and never has a drain from the tortuga VUK.

Great question. How would I know if it’s the updated plate, and is there a part number or where would I get it? Ended my attempt to get the high character score with Cotton tonight .

Thank you!

#15140 3 years ago
Quoted from RobbyIRL5:

How would I know if it’s the updated plate,

Look at the pictures of the updated one. It's bigger and reaches over the up kicker.

Quoted from RobbyIRL5:

where would I get it?

Open a ticket on the support desk.

LTG : )

DSC00280 (resized).JPGDSC00280 (resized).JPGDSC00281 (resized).JPGDSC00281 (resized).JPGDSC00282 (resized).JPGDSC00282 (resized).JPG
#15141 3 years ago

This game is a ton of fun. Actually made me laugh last night at my misfortune. Had a new GC kind of game. Played 4 multiballs and had the 5th one lit. Played Liar's Dice for first time. Had no idea what I was doing and chose the points as my option. Well, I lost the game of dice and it cost me 176,000 points! It was half my score at the time. I didn't even realize it at first until I looked up and saw my score at about 200k and was thinking, "what the heck, I had about 350k a minute ago". Then I realized I LOST points playing a minigame! I literally laughed out loud! How awesome is it that there is a true risk v. reward!

Anyhow, ended up with 392k points and a big smile on my face. Can't wait to keep getting better with this game. Another awesome thing about that was I had just played maybe 10 really crappy games before I pulled that one out. Gotta love pinball!

#15142 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Look at the pictures of the updated one. It's bigger and reaches over the up kicker.

Open a ticket on the support desk.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Yes thank you and done. I have the small one. Big one is free, on the way!

#15143 3 years ago

Well, I go in for knee surgery next Wednesday. I will be off work for two to four weeks. I guess that gives me plenty of time to do a tear down and install all the mods I have been waiting for some time to do and a good cleaning!
Chest mod
Cliffy's
Galaxy star map backboard
couple target stickers
tortuga plate
And a really good clean and wax.

#15144 3 years ago

jjp didnt help so im trying here. i have POTC LE and from day 1 the balls are getting stuck in through.
i replace the balls to new one. i got also full through replacement from jjp and it didn't help. machine level is all the way up from back legs (its also act same when legs leveler was all the way down) its super annoying problem and its happen 90% of the time.

eca3d924-54e3-45b3-9ab9-5364075299db (resized).jpgeca3d924-54e3-45b3-9ab9-5364075299db (resized).jpg

#15145 3 years ago
Quoted from liorillusion:

balls are getting stuck in through.

Stuck in the ball trough ?

What's the thing circled in red ? It don't belong there.

cd99af784a88f7e7707bea14c58020bf3c87cd8c (resized).jpgcd99af784a88f7e7707bea14c58020bf3c87cd8c (resized).jpg
#15146 3 years ago

balls are getting stuck in through.

Balls getting stuck in trough part 2.

https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/03-16809 this helps for divots or magnetized balls.

And - the plunger at the end of the ball trough, if it's sticking up a tiny bit too high, it won't let the balls roll into place right. The plunger/coil is fastened to a bracket. This assembly is held to the end of the ball trough by four screws in elongated holes. You can loosen the screws and raise and lower the plunger/coil bracket as needed. Not too high and not too low.

#15147 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Stuck in the ball trough ?
What's the thing circled in red ? It don't belong there.
[quoted image]

There is nothing stuck there. Its the wood from the playfield.... the balls doesn't roll all the way. Also its not the plunger what you mark in red is the gap between the balls

#15148 3 years ago

There is nothing stuck there. Its the wood from the playfield.... the balls doesn't roll all the way. Also its not the plunger what you mark in red is the gap between the balls

I'd try adding some washer to the high side to make it a steeper roll down the eject.

#15149 3 years ago
Quoted from RobbyIRL5:

Interestingly, there is hardly (If any) a difference when I adjust the coil strength. Possible the assembly beneath the playfield could be loose, or maybe a coil (or sleeve) issue?
Thank you!

Mine was loose. After tightening up the screws, I have found changing the kicker strength causes major changes in the way the ball exits. Like from a soft lob to a rocket on a string difference. In fact, after aiming the bracket as far left as possible and tightening the screws, my first few ejects the ball has hitting the metal inlane guide to the left of the left flipper. I had to back the eject power down a bit and now it's nicely ejecting the the fat part of the left flipper.

#15150 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Balls getting stuck in trough part 2.
https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/03-16809 this helps for divots or magnetized balls.

i just made one like this with my laser cutter. problem solved! thanks LTG!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Flipper Parts
FlipMods

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 24.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

Machine - For Sale
Smithtown, NY
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Vernon, BC
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 49.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 41.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Wanted
$ 28.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 32.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 18,885 posts in this topic. You are on page 303 of 378.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-pirates-of-the-caribbean-official-owners-and-fan-club/page/303?hl=evh347 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.