(Topic ID: 200141)

JJP Pirates of the Caribbean Official Owners and Fan Club!

By goren1818

2 years ago

Topic Stats

• 15,129 posts
  • 515 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by darkryder
  • Topic is favorited by 247 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 2,596 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

85E9784C-9866-4C82-B8BA-335122530078 (resized).jpeg
4500A1C2-8BB1-4F21-9CC1-E78BEC832172 (resized).jpeg
20200520_002603 (resized).jpg
20200520_002556 (resized).jpg
20200520_002548 (resized).jpg
20200520_002539 (resized).jpg
g (resized).jpg
e (resized).jpg
d (resized).jpg
c (resized).jpg
b (resized).jpg
a (resized).jpg
20200516_160053 (resized).jpg
IMG_20200516_152939 (resized).jpg
59956E58-E6DF-43C7-8196-B9865B0ECE26 (resized).jpeg
5F4B5AD8-7C8D-4B85-9E50-8B77D11E0455 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

20 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 15129 posts in this topic. You are on page 303 of 303.
#15101 13 days ago
Quoted from arzoo:

For me removing the hinge bolts was the most difficult part of the project - they were so tight the plywood veneer chipped on the inside
For my second set I went with PinGraffix blades which have larger holes, so no need to remove the hinge bolts.
Btw, wet method is absolutely the way to go.

Good to know....i.e. PinGraffix

#15102 13 days ago
Quoted from GCS2000:

I already have the protectors. I just have read how super tight this PF is compared to other games making install and use a pain.

I can concur.....its a tight fit...

#15103 13 days ago
Quoted from GCS2000:

I already have the protectors. I just have read how super tight this PF is compared to other games making install and use a pain.

Have a helper. I have to have my kids hold the side protectors in place when I raise it or they will lift up. My cabinet is super tight.

#15104 13 days ago

Tore up my Pinstadium magnetic strips can't imagine what would happen if I also had blades.

#15105 13 days ago

The clearance is so tight on my SE with the stainless steel side rails, every time I raise and lower the playfield I get some powdery shavings from the side of the playfield onto the siderails. And I am being as careful as I can...

#15106 13 days ago

Was finally able to put a good game together after 9 months ...20200520_002539 (resized).jpg20200520_002556 (resized).jpg20200520_002603 (resized).jpg20200520_002548 (resized).jpg

#15107 12 days ago
Quoted from LesManley:

I DID IT, I DID IT, I DID IT!!!
I figured I'd just go down and play a quick game, little did I know I would end up beating Pirates of the Caribbean for the first time ever. The final wizard mode isn't in the game yet but I got to all five movie wizard modes and played them all and then kept going. With 2 balls left and EB lit, I had the last two wizard modes lit. In perfect fashion, next ball, plunge, bricked the shot and quick drain...also tilted trying to save it and lost 486,000 in bonus to boot which was fantastic. Got At World's End started with 1 ball left and played through it, then drained. Had to collect my EB on my last ball and got Dead Men Tell No Tales started to seal it and then kept going! Ended up with over 15 million. Absolutely amazing game! I can't believe there is still more to come!?!? Thank you hogbog and team!
So now I could legitimately complain that the final wizard mode isn't in the game because I would have played it, but you know what? I don't mind, take your time, do it right, make it awesome and I'll be back! I love this game!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

A quick game you say? How long did this game last?

#15108 12 days ago
Quoted from fossmin:

A quick game you say? How long did this game last?

It was close to an hour. My wife had even sent my 8 year old son downstairs to find me and see what was going on because dinner was ready and I had said I was just going to play a quick game. I told him I was close to beating the game and he said he didn't want his coming downstairs to be the reason I didn't make it because he thought he was distracting me. It was cute. I told him that wasn't the case and not to worry about it...then promptly had that plunge, brick, drain ball. Him being there was good though because it forced me to keep my composure and he got a kick out of being there when I did it. If that had happened and he wasn't there I would have been swearing and probably punching bar stools, but with him there I took it rather well.

#15109 12 days ago
Quoted from LesManley:

It was close to an hour. My wife had even sent my 8 year old son downstairs to find me and see what was going on because dinner was ready and I had said I was just going to play a quick game. I told him I was close to beating the game and he said he didn't want his coming downstairs to be the reason I didn't make it because he thought he was distracting me. It was cute. I told him that wasn't the case and not to worry about it...then promptly had that plunge, brick, drain ball. Him being there was good though because it forced me to keep my composure and he got a kick out of being there when I did it. If that had happened and he wasn't there I would have been swearing and probably punching bar stools, but with him there I took it rather well.

Nice. Congrats on that game!

#15110 10 days ago

Hey guys my black pearl is going nuts since I just updated to 0.99. It goes really fast, then slows down, then speeds up again. Is this normal behavior? Am I missing something?

#15111 10 days ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Hey guys my black pearl is going nuts since I just updated to 0.99. It goes really fast, then slows down, then speeds up again. Is this normal behavior? Am I missing something?

Normal behaviour I believe. Mine does the same.

#15112 9 days ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

The longer that you are on it, and the more that you go onto it, the faster it moves. There's one character that has the advantage to reduce the black pearl motion.

#15113 9 days ago
Quoted from KingBW:

The longer that you are on it, and the more that you go onto it, the faster it moves. There's one character that has the advantage to reduce the black pearl motion.

It seems completely radome to me other than picking the one character with a stated advantage. Actually seems like it gets easier the more often you're on-board, but I haven't given it that much attention. Curious if JJP has ever really communicated how it's programmed?

#15114 9 days ago
Quoted from luckymoey:

It seems completely radome to me other than picking the one character with a stated advantage. Actually seems like it gets easier the more often you're on-board, but I haven't given it that much attention. Curious if JJP has ever really communicated how it's programmed?

That’s funny. I think it gets much wilder later in the game.

#15115 8 days ago

Been a seed a few times. Even within the past couple weeks. The sway starts at a set speed. Every time you board the black pearl it gets a little faster. Bp spinners also increase the speed. It is possible to go from slow to fast with only a few good bp spinner shots. Speed resets after playing curse of the black pearl multiball. And like everything else the more times through the cycle it will require less and less to reach full speed

#15116 8 days ago

Thanks everyone for all your help. Awesome community. Pirates has sailed away for now. Thanks again!

#15117 7 days ago
Capture (resized).PNG
#15118 7 days ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

Thanks everyone for all your help. Awesome community. Pirates has sailed away for now. Thanks again!

Oh no... You sold your game?

#15119 7 days ago

Yep. Might get it back someday. Enjoyed it while it lasted.

#15120 7 days ago

Hello all, picked up LE this game a few days ago, and am hooked. 2 days in and my high score is in to 200,000’s, and that was on a couple multiplied skilled shots when using Will (all happened in 20 seconds). Not sure I even completed any chapters. I have completed plenty of chapters but just not high score games. Is this game, on top of having massively complex Rules (in a good way) also hard as hell in just the pinball mechanics? I seem to be getting an excessive amount of drains (like out of the Jack / chapter start and Tartuga hole)? Maybe I need to adjust playfield angles (don’t have an inclinometer yet) but front/back is around 6.5 degrees. Or maybe it’s just pinball.

Anyway super excited about the purchase and completely hooked (to the extent we watched the movies tonight), but wondering if I’ll ever get to 7 figures scores.

With 300 pages in the forum topic, I guess I have a lot of reading to do.

#15121 6 days ago

Yeah, check your level but drains from the mode start (star map?) is a very common complaint. We are all expecting a ball save coming out of there in the next software update.

Tortuga you could check the angle of the scoop or change power settings. There’s a whole thread dedicated to troubleshooting this pin. Look for it. Its well indexed so you can usually find references to any problems that come up.

Edit: here it is
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjpirates-of-the-caribbean-troubleshooting-tips-issues

#15122 6 days ago
Quoted from paynemic:

Yeah, check your level but drains from the mode start (star map?) is a very common complaint. We are all expecting a ball save coming out of there in the next software update.
Tortuga you could check the angle of the scoop or change power settings. There’s a whole thread dedicated to troubleshooting this pin. Look for it. Its well indexed so you can usually find references to any problems that come up.

For Tortuga drains, it's most likely the scoop deflector has come loose. That's what happened with mine. I added some blue locktite and tightened the two screws back down and it's been fine ever since.

#15123 6 days ago
Quoted from paynemic:

Edit: here it is
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjpirates-of-the-caribbean-troubleshooting-tips-issues

nice, thanks for the tips guys. Link is amazing info. Found a couple of applicable posts.

#15124 5 days ago
Quoted from LesManley:

For Tortuga drains, it's most likely the scoop deflector has come loose. That's what happened with mine. I added some blue locktite and tightened the two screws back down and it's been fine ever since.

Mine sprays all over the flipper and down the drain occasionally and the screws are tight as heck. So I dunno.

#15125 5 days ago
Quoted from LesManley:

This was the case on mine. Didn’t want to pull the pop bumper off so just tightened the screw I could get to and solved the issue (temporarily until I can get the bumper off).

#15126 5 days ago
Quoted from RobbyIRL5:

This was the case on mine. Didn’t want to pull the pop bumper off so just tightened the screw I could get to and solved the issue (temporarily until I can get the bumper off).

You don't have to take the whole pop bumper off. if you remove the pop bumper cap and loosen the screws underneath you can easily get at both of those deflector screws without removing it completely. I only figured that out after removing it once or twice before that.

#15127 4 days ago

Anyone know if the upper non-spinning pop bumper lights up? It has an LED and lights from the test mode, but I never see it light up during game play?

#15128 2 days ago

So I am going to take JJP teaser of "Innovation is coming" as positive news! I assume they will be announcing the WiFI upgrade to all of their machines which means wireless headphones and wireless upgrades. And that will roll out the red carpet to POTC 1.0!!!!! Well, anyways, a person can dream right?

#15129 2 days ago

Lermods translite surround LEDs installed. Very nice upgrade, should have come this way from the factory!

85E9784C-9866-4C82-B8BA-335122530078 (resized).jpeg4500A1C2-8BB1-4F21-9CC1-E78BEC832172 (resized).jpeg
Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 279.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Escondido, CA
$ 87.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 259.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
$ 29.95
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
Wanted
There are 15129 posts in this topic. You are on page 303 of 303.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside