(Topic ID: 200141)

JJP Pirates of the Caribbean Official Owners and Fan Club!

By goren1818

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 18,875 posts
  • 633 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 18 hours ago by Mrsiyufy
  • Topic is favorited by 284 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
20240330_165232 (resized).jpg
POTC_Mods_annotated (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2024-03-29 at 12.02.54 PM (resized).png
17117301082711484468150429261795 (resized).jpg
20240329_160033 (resized).jpg
431321214_1110342276953195_8816628931148154685_n (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223442061 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223435586 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240204_044856660.MP (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240203-170723 (resized).png
PXL_20240128_214506994 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240128_224833483.MP (resized).jpg
IMG_0980 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0982 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0981 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

20 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,875 posts in this topic. You are on page 302 of 378.
#15051 3 years ago

Too bad it's over $20 to shipping alone for the ones on Ebay. Haven't found other ones yet.

#15052 3 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

Too bad it's over $20 to shipping alone for the ones on Ebay. Haven't found other ones yet.

We have a hobby store local that sells them. Best $10 I ever spent. Once your hobby stores open up, maybe you could try those?

#15053 3 years ago

I’d like to add that anchor and star wheel as well if someone finds a source stateside. Looks great!

#15056 3 years ago

The #4 5/8" flathead wood screw worked great for the ramp flap. A bit shorter than the JJP screw, but definitely not as long as the 3/4".

The washers I got worked well in raising the ramp, ala the crusher washer. I used 2, did the trick.

Now to work on getting my shooter rod functional again. I'll try PinMonk suggestion of shimming the shooter rod plate.

20200514_233115 (resized).jpg20200514_233115 (resized).jpg

#15057 3 years ago

Question.

Where would I place a shim to lower the plunger?

(Thanks Butch for making such a great schematic!!)

Screenshot_20200515-152324_Drive (resized).jpgScreenshot_20200515-152324_Drive (resized).jpg
#15059 3 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

You loosen the screws to move the plunger body up or down, then retighten them.

If you want the plunger to point down a little, shim along the bottom edge.

Think on it a little. Plunger tip up you'd shim the top of the bracket, plunger tip pointed down, you'd shim the bottom a bit. Or remove the plunger and hold level and then point the plunger up or down. Then you'll see which edge of the bracket holding the plunger needs to be farther away from the cabinet to get the desired effect.

LTG : )

08551f524bd30e88fa916d5f3c13b3205071c44d (resized).jpg08551f524bd30e88fa916d5f3c13b3205071c44d (resized).jpg
#15060 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

You loosen the screws to move the plunger body up or down, then retighten them.
If you want the plunger to point down a little, shim along the bottom edge.
Think on it a little. Plunger tip up you'd shim the top of the bracket, plunger tip pointed down, you'd shim the bottom a bit. Or remove the plunger and hold level and then point the plunger up or down. Then you'll see which edge of the bracket holding the plunger needs to be farther away from the cabinet to get the desired effect.
[quoted image]

Excellent!

I've adjusted the entire assembly twice, to no avail.

So I place something underneath that inner bracket, like a metal washer?.

Thanks as always Lloyd!

#15061 3 years ago
Quoted from arzoo:

Thanks! So the wheel is made out of wood?

Yes it is made from wood. I just put a light stain on it.

#15062 3 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

So I place something underneath that inner bracket, like a metal washer?.

No, my arrow is pointing to the bracket the plunger rides in on the outside of the cabinet.

It should go bracket plunger rides in - metal washer or something - wood cabinet - inside cabinet metal plate.

#15063 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

No, my arrow is pointing to the bracket the plunger rides in on the outside of the cabinet.

It should go bracket plunger rides in - metal washer or something - wood cabinet - inside cabinet metal plate.

Along the black line - red circle is washer.

bracket (resized).jpgbracket (resized).jpg
#15064 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Along the black line - red circle is washer.
LTG : )[quoted image]

Aaaaaaah. So between the bracket and the wood. Got it!

#15065 3 years ago

You guys just think you're so freaking cool. What, with your awesome game and how hard it is to get one without tapping into your savings and pissing off your wife. Just because it is JJP's best game. Ooooh look at me, I have an awesome pinball machine that is coveted by.... well... thousands of people.

You guys make me SICK.

May I join you?

#15066 3 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

You guys just think you're so freaking cool. What, with your awesome game and how hard it is to get one without tapping into your savings and pissing off your wife. Just because it is JJP's best game. Ooooh look at me, I have an awesome pinball machine that is coveted by.... well... thousands of people.
You guys make me SICK.
May I join you?

Not if your sickness includes a fever or cough. Have you been out of the country in the last 2 weeks?

#15067 3 years ago

I’m having an opto switch problem I was hoping to get some help on. My depths shot does not work, unless I unplug the Bayou, J2 connection from the IO board. Also, my chest enter shot does not work, unless I unplug chest lock 2, J2 Connection on the other IO optic board. Therefore it’s not an opto problem but a connection somewhere? It’s odd why this is happening on 2 boards and involving the same connection points, as the depths and chest lane are both J4, orange insertions. It’s driving me nuts, lol

#15068 3 years ago

And to add I just noticed happening on the other IO board, right spinner at J4 doesn’t work unless unplugging J2, cannon load switcg

#15069 3 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

Question.
(Thanks Butch for making such a great schematic!!)[quoted image]

May be easier to take the opposite approach and just put something under the playfield brackets to raise the playfield a 1/16” or so. Did the trick for me. Like this:

59956E58-E6DF-43C7-8196-B9865B0ECE26 (resized).jpeg59956E58-E6DF-43C7-8196-B9865B0ECE26 (resized).jpeg5F4B5AD8-7C8D-4B85-9E50-8B77D11E0455 (resized).jpeg5F4B5AD8-7C8D-4B85-9E50-8B77D11E0455 (resized).jpeg
#15070 3 years ago
Quoted from luckymoey:

May be easier to take the opposite approach and just put something under the playfield brackets to raise the playfield a 1/16” or so. Did the trick for me. Like this:
[quoted image][quoted image]

I did that with a bit of sticky velcro. Still didn't raise it enough. I had a pretty fucked up situation with my game upon opening it initially, my playfield wouldn't seat at all....

What did you use there to raise yours? Thanks for the suggestion, by the way!

#15071 3 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

I did that with a bit of sticky velcro. Still didn't raise it enough. I had a pretty fucked up situation with my game upon opening it initially, my playfield wouldn't seat at all....
What did you use there to raise yours? Thanks for the suggestion, by the way!

Just some adhesive backed magnetic tape that I bought to repair some on a set of pinstadiums. Good luck. It is screwed up if the shooter has more than 1/8” interference.

#15072 3 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

You guys make me SICK.
May I join you?

Hope you find one without having to totally break the bank. Definitely one of the best pins ever. I am so glad I jumped in right towards the end of the NIB stock drying up.

#15073 3 years ago

A box of fun showed up today. I don't need it but I got a great deal on it locally so I figured what the heck. My Pirates is going to be around for a long long time so it can't hurt to have this around too.

IMG_20200516_152939 (resized).jpgIMG_20200516_152939 (resized).jpg

#15074 3 years ago

What switch triggers the extra ball? I was doing some maintenance and was looking around that are.

For some reason I assumed there was an opto or something that triggered but there isn’t anything in that area.

Is it just one of the pops?

#15075 3 years ago
Quoted from koops:

What switch triggers the extra ball? I was doing some maintenance and was looking around that are.
For some reason I assumed there was an opto or something that triggered but there isn’t anything in that area.
Is it just one of the pops?

It's the sling underneath the ramp to the black pearl. You have to hit it clean without hitting any of the pops.

#15076 3 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

It's the sling underneath the ramp to the black pearl. You have to hit it clean without hitting any of the pops.

Thanks! That is not remotely close to what I was expecting!

So you’d need a clean shot into the sling near the word tortuga to bounce it to that sling?

#15077 3 years ago
Quoted from koops:

Thanks! That is not remotely close to what I was expecting!
So you’d need a clean shot into the sling near the word tortuga to bounce it to that sling?

Exactly. It's a thing of beauty when you nail it, even more so if you hit it on the fly.

#15078 3 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

I think there is some confusion here. The sling is the one next to the Tortuga scoop that has to be hit with a clean shot. The sling is above the arrow and word extra ball. no other sling needs to be hit near the black pearl or anywhere else. That will register the extra ball

#15079 3 years ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

Yes it would be nice.
Funny thing talking about setting the game up easy. In trying to figure out the discrepancies in the rolling flipper pass from the depths I dropped my games pitch from 6.7 to just under 6.5. Then broke my GC score by a margin. Then broke a million on my first ball. And then again. Suddenly the game became easy. And a bit boring. But what I did notice is I could no longer do the upper loop. I sucked at it when I could usually pull off 7 or 8 quite easily. Put the game back up to 6.7. Scores dropped but suddenly I could get my loops going again.

Oooooh. Interesting.

#15080 3 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

Negatory. The is a switch on the far right under the launch ramp. The arrow that says extra ball literally points nets at it. Hidden user spotlight that is right there. The switch under the boarding ramp is just for the kicker

#15081 3 years ago

Is there a reward when we get 666 666??? And, if, yes, can someone explain it? Thanks.

#15082 3 years ago
Quoted from TICTAC:

Is there a reward when we get 666 666??? And, if, yes, can someone explain it? Thanks.

There is a special chime and 6 multicolored sixes dance on the screen.
Additionally while this is active, landing the "Big Points" inlane award pays off a secret jackpot, I think.

#15083 3 years ago

I have seen a codex message who said: "Use the lanes pirates to reward when we have the six multiballs".
But never seen anything when I have the 666 666.
Effectively, perhaps with the "Big points" during the multiballs?

#15084 3 years ago
Quoted from TICTAC:

I have seen a codex message who said: "Use the lanes pirates to reward when we have the six multiballs".
But never seen anything when I have the 666 666.
Effectively, perhaps with the "Big points" during the multiballs?

Big points when all 6 multiballs are running will award 66,666

#15085 3 years ago

Just joined the club with an SE! I've already got a bunch of small issues fixed. I do have a couple questions. My tilt weight never got installed and is missing. I tried to borrow one from a Stern and it will not fit on the shaft. The hole is too small. Anyone know where to get the correct one?

My spinning disk is super noisy. So noisy I just disabled it. Is the silencer kit from Mod Couple the only fix and does it work well to quiet the noise?

Loving the game!

Thanks in advance.

20200516_160053 (resized).jpg20200516_160053 (resized).jpg
#15086 3 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

Just joined the club with an SE! I've already got a bunch of small issues fixed. I do have a couple questions. My tilt weight never got installed and is missing. I tried to borrow one from a Stern and it will not fit on the shaft. The hole is too small. Anyone know where to get the correct one?
My spinning disk is super noisy. So noisy I just disabled it. Is the silencer kit from Mod Couple the only fix and does it work well to quiet the noise?
Loving the game!
Thanks in advance.
[quoted image]

Welcome to the crew! Congrats on getting it.
I think your best bet will be to try to order the tilt weight from JJP. I've been dealing with Jim over there for some parts and he has been responsive

The disk silencer from Mod Couple is a must. Will it eliminate the noise? No, but it will significantly reduce it to where you won't notice it over the sound from the machine. I found that adding the white lithium grease per their instructions is a must and really does help.

Good luck and enjoy

#15087 3 years ago
Quoted from Skipnatty:

Thanks to your answer.
666,666 points would have been better!

#15088 3 years ago
Quoted from Skipnatty:

I still haven't gotten that yet. May have to refocus my efforts.

#15089 3 years ago

I had Matt R with Back Alley powder coat my coin door and glass channel to match my LE armor... Looks amazing, Matt does great work!!!

a (resized).jpga (resized).jpgb (resized).jpgb (resized).jpgc (resized).jpgc (resized).jpgd (resized).jpgd (resized).jpge (resized).jpge (resized).jpgg (resized).jpgg (resized).jpg
#15090 3 years ago
Quoted from Scott9:

I had Matt R with Back Alley powder coat my coin door and glass channel to match my LE armor... Looks amazing, Matt does great work!!!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Holy crap my pictures look like garbage...

#15091 3 years ago

How many here have been able to install side art blades in this game and have them survive? I have had some sitting on my shelf for probably a year and I just haven't done it yet because one its a pain to put them and two things are so tight I figure they will just be destroyed (and yes I have the side art plastic protector pieces too.

#15092 3 years ago
Quoted from GCS2000:

How many here have been able to install side art blades in this game and have them survive? I have had some sitting on my shelf for probably a year and I just haven't done it yet because one its a pain to put them and two things are so tight I figure they will just be destroyed (and yes I have the side art plastic protector pieces too.

I have, but its a really tight fit....u definitely need those decal protectors when u lift the play field

#15093 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

I have, but its a really tight fit....u definitely need those decal protectors when u lift the play field

X2! - The fit is super tight. I ruined my first set without the protectors. I had no issues after I got the protectors.

#15094 3 years ago
Quoted from GCS2000:

Ruined my first set but I've been super careful with second set and so far no damage. Just have to make sure when you lower or raise the playfield you use both support rails and go slow and even. That being said, some playfields are tighter fit than others.

#15095 3 years ago

Is there any ahem "easy way" the get these on other than complete removal of the PF which is not a possibility for me.

#15096 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Wow nice work! curious....how many games have u put on your POTC?

Quoted from LesManley:

That's a good question. I am the second owner, so I don't know if I can check for sure, but I'll look and see. I think the previous owner reset the settings when he sold it to me so maybe it does have my lifetime plays.

I looked and it was 188.

#15097 3 years ago
Quoted from GCS2000:

Is there any ahem "easy way" the get these on other than complete removal of the PF which is not a possibility for me.

I did the wet method with the pf up and went in like butter

#15098 3 years ago
Quoted from GCS2000:

Dude no need to remove the play field....I did the wet method (some prefer dry)....your just lifting the play field up and down a few times. Removing the back box bolts (one at a time) helps quite a bit in the alignment in the back of the game....u need to buy the side blade protectors before going down this path.

#15099 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Dude no need to remove the play field....I did the wet method (some prefer dry)....your just lifting the play field up and down a few times. Removing the back box bolts (one at a time) helps quite a bit in the alignment in the back of the game....u need to buy the side blade protectors before going down this path.

I already have the protectors. I just have read how super tight this PF is compared to other games making install and use a pain.

#15100 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Removing the back box bolts (one at a time) helps quite a bit in the alignment in the back of the game

For me removing the hinge bolts was the most difficult part of the project - they were so tight the plywood veneer chipped on the inside
For my second set I went with PinGraffix blades which have larger holes, so no need to remove the hinge bolts.

Btw, wet method is absolutely the way to go.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 49.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 32.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 38.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Wanted
$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

29,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Frisco, TX
$ 19.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Flipper Parts
FlipMods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Mod Co.

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 18,875 posts in this topic. You are on page 302 of 378.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-pirates-of-the-caribbean-official-owners-and-fan-club/page/302 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.