(Topic ID: 200141)

JJP Pirates of the Caribbean Official Owners and Fan Club!

By goren1818

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 18,885 posts
  • 633 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 40 hours ago by Buzzie
  • Topic is favorited by 284 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pirates2 (resized).jpg
IMG_2296 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2297 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2298 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2299 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2301 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2300 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
20240330_165232 (resized).jpg
POTC_Mods_annotated (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2024-03-29 at 12.02.54 PM (resized).png
17117301082711484468150429261795 (resized).jpg
20240329_160033 (resized).jpg
431321214_1110342276953195_8816628931148154685_n (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223442061 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223435586 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

20 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,885 posts in this topic. You are on page 301 of 378.
#15001 3 years ago

Had to unplug my headphone control from the board also... it fixed the clipping issue which is fine bc I dont ever use headphones

#15002 3 years ago

Sorry if this is mentioned somewhere. My depths kick out all of a sudden stopped working. It is not the multiball, I have already fixed that with the post next to the subway. It occurs during single, multi, anytime. It eventually kicks out, very slowly after ball search. Optos are aligned well. Any thoughts?

#15003 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Swap isn’t an option. Don’t have any other JJp machines.

I used this for my hobbit to correct the issue: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B019393MV2

(My hobbit didn't come with one)

#15004 3 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

I used this for my hobbit to correct the issue: amazon.com link »
(My hobbit didn't come with one)

May get one of these. Does it matter if it goes at the coin door or other end?

#15005 3 years ago

Other end into the motherboard.

LTG : )

#15006 3 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

One thing I would like to see is some kind of base value for the wizard modes or something along those lines. The wizard modes are not easy to get to and you can definitely maximize their value by planning ahead, but there should be some minimum reward for getting there, maybe 250,000 points for achieving and then whatever you get in the mode. Today I got to the Curse of the Black Pearl wizard mode, played it and didn't even lose my ball in it, it just timed out and all I got was 12,000 points. There is no reason a wizard mode that is achieved and played played until it timed out should only award less than a standard MB start shot.

Yep very good point. Should definitely be worth a lot more.

#15007 3 years ago
Quoted from Breger1:

Sorry if this is mentioned somewhere. My depths kick out all of a sudden stopped working. It is not the multiball, I have already fixed that with the post next to the subway. It occurs during single, multi, anytime. It eventually kicks out, very slowly after ball search. Optos are aligned well. Any thoughts?

It’s not detecting the ball is there. I had that happen because I put extra packers on the rubber which the solenoid plunger rests on. Basically your opto down the bottom of the depths in front of the solenoid is not detecting a ball. Have you tested the opto?

#15008 3 years ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

It’s not detecting the ball is there. I had that happen because I put extra packers on the rubber which the solenoid plunger rests on. Basically your opto down the bottom of the depths in front of the solenoid is not detecting a ball. Have you tested the opto?

Excuse my ignorance, still learning a lot. I tested the coil, I assume testing the opto means a switch test?

#15009 3 years ago
Quoted from Breger1:

I assume testing the opto means a switch test?

Yes. Tests - Switches - Matrixed. An opto is a kind of switch.

Toss a ball in.

More info here - https://www.pinwiki.com/wiki/index.php?title=Williams_WPC#Opto_Switches

#15010 3 years ago

Question about the upper PF spinners.

My right spinner is physically damaged. The spinner it'self is fine but the opto is broken. In the manual they only list the spinner assembly as a part number. Has anyone just changed the opto? It looks like a standard part.

I'll be pulling it apart today to get a closer look. Just figured I'd get a head start if anyone knows the part number

#15011 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Yes. Tests - Switches - Matrixed. An opto is a kind of switch.
Toss a ball in.
More info here - https://www.pinwiki.com/wiki/index.php?title=Williams_WPC#Opto_Switches

Thanks, yes it's definitely the opto, switch test not registering.

#15012 3 years ago
Quoted from Monster_Bash:

My right spinner is physically damaged. The spinner it'self is fine but the opto is broken. In the manual they only list the spinner assembly as a part number. Has anyone just changed the opto? It looks like a standard part.
I'll be pulling it apart today to get a closer look. Just figured I'd get a head start if anyone knows the part number

the spinner opto is listed - part number is 18-005003-00

#15013 3 years ago
Quoted from Breger1:

Thanks, yes it's definitely the opto, switch test not registering.

When this happened to me. One of the optos would fall out when I lowered the playfield. I would put it in place thinking I fixed it then it wouldn’t work. Maybe double check how they are sitting in place. One might be moving enough to cause the issue.

#15014 3 years ago

Thanks!

Now where to buy it from...

Quoted from Dexje:

the spinner opto is listed - part number is 18-005003-00

#15015 3 years ago
Quoted from Breger1:

Excuse my ignorance, still learning a lot. I tested the coil, I assume testing the opto means a switch test?

You and me both!

Sorry didn’t reply sooner different times zones. Yes as someone else said you need to test the switch and check the opto alignment and that it’s plugged in properly. Sometimes it’s a bracket problem.

Your ship VUK is smashing the ball into the opto as it kicks it up onto the pearl. Turn the power down to about 20 and request a new opto and opto shield from JJP. there should be stuff about this in the troubleshooting forum.

#15016 3 years ago

Anyone have any idea about the screw size for the bottom of the ramp flaps?

LTG said #4 1/2". Does that sound correct? I need to check my game still, see if they match up. Thought they were a bit longer.

#15017 3 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

LTG said #4 1/2". Does that sound correct? I need to check my game still, see if they match up. Thought they were a bit longer.

That is what is usually used. You'd have to measure the length of the ones in your game. #4 flat head phillips for sure.

Or if you find anything at a hardware store, grab some of each length.

#15018 3 years ago

1/2” sounds about right. I had my ramp off for deep cleaning last week.

#15019 3 years ago

Anyone have a photo of where I may find the ground loop isolator to unplug to eliminate the hissing sound? Removed the backglass but not seeing anything like that.

#15020 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Anyone have a photo of where I may find the ground loop isolator to unplug to eliminate the hissing sound? Removed the backglass but not seeing anything like that.

Black square along the right edge of the backbox. If you bypass it noise -will- go up. Ideally try replacing it with another.

#15021 3 years ago

You and me both!
Sorry didn’t reply sooner different times zones. Yes as someone else said you need to test the switch and check the opto alignment and that it’s plugged in properly. Sometimes it’s a bracket problem.

The opto is shot. I switched the bayou opto to it and works perfect. order placed with JJP already. I actually found my Maelstrom ramp entrance opto cord was cut on one of them..The wires run so close to the metal guides I must of worn it down over time when I cleaned? I resoldered (which is a bitch, those optos are so small and soldering a 22-gauge wire sucks) and works great.

#15022 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Black square along the right edge of the backbox. If you bypass it noise -will- go up. Ideally try replacing it with another.

Ok I see it on top right hand side. Looks like it goes in behind the metal cover, I’m guessing that will need to come off?

It’s not worth trying without having the isolator, I didn’t receive my replacement yet. Could have sworn someone said they unplugged and it worked.

#15023 3 years ago

Thanks man.

Don't have the best luck with JJP support. I have a ticket in (1699 or 6483) for a month on getting the BIOS settings for my hobbit that needed the battery replaced at 170ish games. Been 3 weeks and exactly 10 messages sent as still can't get a reply

Quoted from gumnut01:

You and me both!

Your ship VUK is smashing the ball into the opto as it kicks it up onto the pearl. Turn the power down to about 20 and request a new opto and opto shield from JJP. there should be stuff about this in the troubleshooting forum.

#15024 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Ok I see it on top right hand side. Looks like it goes in behind the metal cover, I’m guessing that will need to come off?
It’s not worth trying without having the isolator, I didn’t receive my replacement yet. Could have sworn someone said they unplugged and it worked.

I think the unplug statement was to unplug the other end that goes to the coin door headphone jack. Many have had good result simply unplugging that end. My personal Guess.... as a few pointed out simply moving around the playfield made it better or worse. As this is a low end audio cable I suspect the routing of said cable from the back box to the front of the game is part of the issue. To close to the power supply, routed along high voltage wires, to close to the large speaker magnet etc may be creating unique interference issues with the signal. Seems like (assumed!) a better shielded audio cable or moving it around away from power sources might be helpful as some don't have an issue other do. Again, I am Not an audio guy so these are simply observations/suggestions.

#15025 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

I think the unplug statement was to unplug the other end that goes to the coin door headphone jack. Many have had good result simply unplugging that end. My personal Guess.... as a few pointed out simply moving around the playfield made it better or worse. As this is a low end audio cable I suspect the routing of said cable from the back box to the front of the game is part of the issue. To close to the power supply, to close to the large speaker magnet etc may be creating unique interference issues with the signal. Seems like (assumed!) a better shielded audio cable or moving it around away from power sources might be helpful as some don't have an issue other do. Again, I am Not an audio guy so these are simply observations/suggestions.

I will take a look at the cable routing for sure. Didn’t think of the speaker magnet potentially, with everything opened up it seems more of the distortion or hum/hiss is from the large speaker.

I guess in addition to checking out the cable routing to see if it’s near power supply or speaker. The headphone jack is the easiest to get at. Am I unplugging this at the jack end on front of cab or other end somewhere?

#15026 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

I will take a look at the cable routing for sure. Didn’t think of the speaker magnet potentially, with everything opened up it seems more of the distortion or hum/hiss is from the large speaker.
I guess in addition to checking out the cable routing to see if it’s near power supply or speaker. The headphone jack is the easiest to get at. Am I unplugging this at the jack end on front of cab or other end somewhere?

From what I have read in this thread and #LTG you unplug the headphone jack 3.5 plug at the coin door. That eliminates that connection as well as the cable itself from the equation. I personally never use the headphone jack. At least thats the way I understand everyone is doing it.

#15027 3 years ago

Doesn’t appear to be the headphone jack, unplugged the connector on back side of jack and don’t make a difference.

Sounds like the lower pitched hum might actually be coming from the power supply and not the lower speaker. I know power supplies make some humming but this is louder than any of my other machines.

The higher pitch hiss I hear is coming through the upper speakers and ever so slightly from the lower.

Any additional thoughts?

#15028 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Doesn’t appear to be the headphone jack, unplugged the connector on back side of jack and don’t make a difference.
Sounds like the lower pitched hum might actually be coming from the power supply and not the lower speaker. I know power supplies make some humming but this is louder than any of my other machines.
The higher pitch hiss I hear is coming through the upper speakers and ever so slightly from the lower.
Any additional thoughts?

Sorry I don't have any advice on that one. #Zaphx did have some kind of similar issue with the power supply so he may advise or its in this thread.

#15029 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Sorry I don't have any advice on that one. #Zaphx did have some kind of similar issue with the power supply so he may advise or its in this thread.

It’s a tough sound to isolate since it’s two distinct sounds I’m hearing at the same time.

The hum could be behind the metal cover in backbox as well, you can hear it when you stick your head in there behind the display but it could be coming up from below as well.

The hiss is definitely in the speakers, I will replace the isolator and see if I can at least get rid of that. More annoying type of sound.

#15030 3 years ago

Thanks man.
Don't have the best luck with JJP support. I have a ticket in (1699 or 6483) for a month on getting the BIOS settings for my hobbit that needed the battery replaced at 170ish games. Been 3 weeks and exactly 10 messages sent as still can't get a reply

harryhoudini sells the black pearl cabin mod. It protects that area. Highly recommended.

7F35D0BF-6C0E-42D4-BDF3-FEF6D7E3F3AD (resized).jpeg7F35D0BF-6C0E-42D4-BDF3-FEF6D7E3F3AD (resized).jpeg
#15031 3 years ago

I DID IT, I DID IT, I DID IT!!!

I figured I'd just go down and play a quick game, little did I know I would end up beating Pirates of the Caribbean for the first time ever. The final wizard mode isn't in the game yet but I got to all five movie wizard modes and played them all and then kept going. With 2 balls left and EB lit, I had the last two wizard modes lit. In perfect fashion, next ball, plunge, bricked the shot and quick drain...also tilted trying to save it and lost 486,000 in bonus to boot which was fantastic. Got At World's End started with 1 ball left and played through it, then drained. Had to collect my EB on my last ball and got Dead Men Tell No Tales started to seal it and then kept going! Ended up with over 15 million. Absolutely amazing game! I can't believe there is still more to come!?!? Thank you Hogbog and team!

So now I could legitimately complain that the final wizard mode isn't in the game because I would have played it, but you know what? I don't mind, take your time, do it right, make it awesome and I'll be back! I love this game!

97154971_10219642270200274_7832845313571291136_n (resized).jpg97154971_10219642270200274_7832845313571291136_n (resized).jpg97997167_10219642269720262_8160650738159058944_n (resized).jpg97997167_10219642269720262_8160650738159058944_n (resized).jpg98358963_10219642270880291_6901387698729123840_n (resized).jpg98358963_10219642270880291_6901387698729123840_n (resized).jpg97406815_10219642269360253_5588891159595319296_n (resized).jpg97406815_10219642269360253_5588891159595319296_n (resized).jpg

#15032 3 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

I figured I'd just go down and play a quick game, little did I know I would end up beating Pirates of the Caribbean for the first time ever. I got to all five movie wizard modes and played them all and then kept going. With 2 balls left and EB lit, I had the last two wizard modes lit. In perfect fashion, next ball, plunge, bricked the shot and quick drain. Got At World's End started with 1 ball left and played through it, then drained. Had to collect my EB on my last ball and got Dead Men Tell No Tales started to seal it. Ended up with over 15 million. All on factory settings and no other player to plunder to get more rewards either.
Absolutely amazing game! I can't believe there is still more to come!?!?
So now I could legitimately complain that the final wizard mode isn't in the game because I would have played it, but you know what? I don't mind, take your time, do it right, make it awesome and I'll be back! I love this game!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Well done!

#15033 3 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

I figured I'd just go down and play a quick game, little did I know I would end up beating Pirates of the Caribbean for the first time ever. I got to all five movie wizard modes and played them all and then kept going. With 2 balls left and EB lit, I had the last two wizard modes lit. In perfect fashion, next ball, plunge, bricked the shot and quick drain. Got At World's End started with 1 ball left and played through it, then drained. Had to collect my EB on my last ball and got Dead Men Tell No Tales started to seal it. Ended up with over 15 million. All on factory settings and no other player to plunder to get more rewards either.
Absolutely amazing game! I can't believe there is still more to come!?!?

Wow nice work! curious....how many games have u put on your POTC?

#15034 3 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

Absolutely amazing game! I can't believe there is still more to come!?!? Thank you hogbog and team!

Holy shit, and on factory settings!!!!

I've never even seen ONE of those wizard modes lit!

#15035 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Wow nice work! curious....how many games have u put on your POTC?

That's a good question. I am the second owner, so I don't know if I can check for sure, but I'll look and see. I think the previous owner reset the settings when he sold it to me so maybe it does have my lifetime plays.

#15036 3 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

That's a good question. I am the second owner, so I don't know if I can check for sure, but I'll look and see. I think the previous owner reset the settings when he sold it to me so maybe it does have my lifetime plays.

Just wondering how many games it took u to get there

#15037 3 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

I figured I'd just go down and play a quick game, little did I know I would end up beating Pirates of the Caribbean for the first time ever. The final wizard mode isn't in the game yet but I got to all five movie wizard modes and played them all and then kept going. With 2 balls left and EB lit, I had the last two wizard modes lit. In perfect fashion, next ball, plunge, bricked the shot and quick drain...also tilted trying to save it and lost 486,000 in bonus to boot which was fantastic. Got At World's End started with 1 ball left and played through it, then drained. Had to collect my EB on my last ball and got Dead Men Tell No Tales started to seal it and then kept going! Ended up with over 15 million. Absolutely amazing game! I can't believe there is still more to come!?!? Thank you hogbog and team!

Outstanding! That had to be fun!!!

#15038 3 years ago

Which character did you use?

#15039 3 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Which character did you use?

It was Marty. There wasn't any strategy to that, he was just a character that had a low high score, so I chose him to try to up it. His advantages are all gold related, so I did set a new gold collector champion too with 759 or something like that.

#15040 3 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

It was Marty. There wasn't any strategy to that, he was just a character that had a low high score, so I chose him to try to up it. His advantages are all gold related, so I did set a new gold collector champion too with 759 or something like that.

I do that often. Play which characters I have the lowest scores on. For some reason, Davy Jones is my lowest. Probably because I've neglected to learn the rules of liars dice.

#15041 3 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

I figured I'd just go down and play a quick game, little did I know I would end up beating Pirates of the Caribbean for the first time ever. The final wizard mode isn't in the game yet but I got to all five movie wizard modes and played them all and then kept going. With 2 balls left and EB lit, I had the last two wizard modes lit. In perfect fashion, next ball, plunge, bricked the shot and quick drain...also tilted trying to save it and lost 486,000 in bonus to boot which was fantastic. Got At World's End started with 1 ball left and played through it, then drained. Had to collect my EB on my last ball and got Dead Men Tell No Tales started to seal it and then kept going! Ended up with over 15 million. Absolutely amazing game! I can't believe there is still more to come!?!? Thank you hogbog and team!

Congratulations John! Thanks for the kind words as well! Looking forward to getting the code out for everyone to enjoy!

#15042 3 years ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

harryhoudini sells the black pearl cabin mod. It protects that area. Highly recommended.

I agree, great mod! Btw, where did you get the wheel/helm mod (on the top deck) from?

#15043 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

That is what is usually used. You'd have to measure the length of the ones in your game. #4 flat head phillips for sure.
Or if you find anything at a hardware store, grab some of each length.

Aw poopy.

Yeah, I'm guessing this is a 3/4" #4 Wood screw. Would a 1" be too too long? The flaps seem like they really want to lift up by nature.

I'd imagine it's a longer screw due to the ramp inclination.

20200513_233705 (resized).jpg20200513_233705 (resized).jpg
#15044 3 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

Aw poopy.
Yeah, I'm guessing this is a 3/4" #4 Wood screw. Would a 1" be too too long? The flaps seem like they really want to lift up by nature.
I'd imagine it's a longer screw due to the ramp inclination.
[quoted image]

Looks like 5/8" to me. I personally wouldn't go longer as it will push through. Have you Tried the 1/2" screw? Technically it only holds the ramp in position and assists with leveling. Not a major component.

#15045 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Looks like 5/8" to me. I personally wouldn't go longer as it will push through. Have you Tried the 1/2" screw? Technically it only holds the ramp in position and assists with leveling. Not a major component.

That makes sense! It seemed shorter than 3/4", but I really have no idea the variability in screw sizes.

I'd try the 1/2", but that flap seems really resistant already towards getting screwed down. This is my only experience with working on a ramp flap in any of my games, so I really don't have much familiarity for the feel of how hard they can be safely pressed down without placing too much pressure on the plastic ramp.

I need to really get this leveled too, as I was still having issues with it catching on the diverter.

Maybe I'll rush over to Home Depot on my 30 minute lunch today to nab some screws.

Thanks for the input Dave!

#15046 3 years ago

Side note. There's no chance a hardware shop would have those wee crushers for the ramp post on the right, would they?

I can't find mine, last place it might be is my coin box.

#15047 3 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

There's no chance a hardware shop would have those wee crushers for the ramp post on the right,

Not rocket science. Pinball rubber ring grommet, plumbing supplies rubber washer, hardware supplies rubber washer, stack of washers or anything to make the height right. Cut a piece of rubber and make one.

#15048 3 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

Side note. There's no chance a hardware shop would have those wee crushers for the ramp post on the right, would they?
I can't find mine, last place it might be is my coin box.

If it’s an emergency the game came with a spare rubber ring for the right outlane (hangman) exit. Use that one for now or take it off your outlane and use that one temporarily till you get one. Don’t really need them in the outlane for the most part.
On the screws, ANY Ace hardware will sell those flat head wood screws for a few pennies each. Good luck.

#15050 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Not rocket science. Pinball rubber ring grommet, plumbing supplies rubber washer, hardware supplies rubber washer, stack of washers or anything to make the height right. Cut a piece of rubber and make one.

Grabbed these during my lunch. Got a larger size just in case.

Thanks again guys, and LTG I'm looking to apprentice at your hall when you open back up!

20200514_182434 (resized).jpg20200514_182434 (resized).jpg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
24,999 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Frisco, TX
$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

Machine - For Sale
Smithtown, NY
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 28.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 39.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 3.75
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks

$ 26.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Wanted
$ 24.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 24.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

There are 18,885 posts in this topic. You are on page 301 of 378.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-pirates-of-the-caribbean-official-owners-and-fan-club/page/301?hl=heater and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.