(Topic ID: 200141)

JJP Pirates of the Caribbean Official Owners and Fan Club!

By goren1818

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 18,810 posts
  • 633 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 15 days ago by insight75
  • Topic is favorited by 284 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

431321214_1110342276953195_8816628931148154685_n (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223442061 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223435586 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240204_044856660.MP (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240203-170723 (resized).png
PXL_20240128_214506994 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240128_224833483.MP (resized).jpg
IMG_0980 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0982 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0981 (resized).jpeg
download (resized).jpg
IMG_6275 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6274 (resized).jpeg
8b9srv (resized).jpg
20231211_131402 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

20 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,810 posts in this topic. You are on page 30 of 377.
#1451 5 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

It will work perfectly in the factory problems will only show up once you have it at home and are in the middle of your best game that's usually how it goes.

Many issues are showing up after play. The broken wires etc need some games on it before it happens.

Things you can check for:

Check the leaf switch for the sling under the Black Pearl ramp. When the ramp is adjust appropriately so the ball doesnt get stuck in the wireform, the switch rubs the ramp.

Check the action button for easy movement with no sticking.

Check that the load door to the Black Pearl cannon stays up.

Check that the British ship registers hits properly.

Check that the chest forks and locks work properly.

Hope that helps some. It really is a great game.

#1452 5 years ago

Is there a repeatable (describable) way to get the ball into the cannon once it’s lit that you’ve all figured out?

I’ve been working on a backhand from a left flip trap but that rarely works. Lucky shots from the tip of the right work, but getting it there is hard. What have you all discovered?

#1453 5 years ago
Quoted from DANGERTERROR:

Is there a repeatable (describable) way to get the ball into the cannon once it’s lit that you’ve all figured out?
I’ve been working on a backhand from a left flip trap but that rarely works. Lucky shots from the tip of the right work, but getting it there is hard. What have you all discovered?

Not easy...but backhand flip from left flipper just as the ship starts rocking back to the left. Never can do it consistently from the right flipper.

#1454 5 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

#356 is in the house! Unboxing coming soon!

Ah grasshopper,your patience has been rewarded

#1455 5 years ago
Quoted from DANGERTERROR:

Quoted from VillaThrills:

Not easy...but backhand flip from left flipper just as the ship starts rocking back to the left. Never can do it consistently from the right flipper.

im glad it isn't easy or it would get old!

#1456 5 years ago

Does anyone sell shooter lane and scoop protectors for this game or are they even necessary? After 25 or so plays, I'm already seeing dimples all over the playfield, but that's expected. Also, that mystery/tortuga scoop above the upper right flipper is ejecting the ball SDTM at least 50% of the time. I assume it's just a matter of loosening and adjusting the metal scoop?

#1457 5 years ago
Quoted from darkryder:

Does anyone sell shooter lane and scoop protectors for this game or are they even necessary? After 25 or so plays, I'm already seeing dimples all over the playfield, but that's expected. Also, that mystery/tortuga scoop above the upper right flipper is ejecting the ball SDTM at least 50% of the time. I assume it's just a matter of loosening and adjusting the metal scoop?

What do you want to protect in the shooter lane?? Erics clever design to run the rails all the way to the bottom mean the ball never even touches wood? As for the right VUK, I think this was already covered in this thread. I believe you simply adjust that coils kick out power to your liking and all fixed.

#1458 5 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

#356 is in the house! Unboxing coming soon!

Great News! Hoping for an updated review. After you get some plays on it, I would like to know how you compare it to LOTR.

#1459 5 years ago
Quoted from darkryder:

Does anyone sell shooter lane and scoop protectors for this game or are they even necessary?

The metal rails on the shooter lane is inspired. Great addition, Eric!

I'm waiting on availability for rollover switch lane protectors for where the ball drops off the wireforms, but that's about all I can think of for protectors. This is my first NIB machine, and I don't plan to put it on location, so even the rollover lane protectors are probably overkill.

#1460 5 years ago
Quoted from JordanB:

The metal rails on the shooter lane is inspired. Great addition, Eric!
I'm waiting on availability for rollover switch lane protectors for where the ball drops off the wireforms, but that's about all I can think of for protectors. This is my first NIB machine, and I don't plan to put it on location, so even the rollover lane protectors are probably overkill.

I added some mylar on the upper playfield where the ball up kicks.

#1461 5 years ago
Quoted from tonycip:

I added some mylar on the upper playfield where the ball up kicks.

Is this a high wear area? Didn’t really think about it.
Only place I’m considering Mylar is the chapter select area.

#1462 5 years ago

Came home to find this, can’t see where it came off of. They thought maybe somewhere from the upper right corner. Anyone happen to know?

B6B203AA-C5CA-49BF-B773-2AAC2A9D4611 (resized).jpegB6B203AA-C5CA-49BF-B773-2AAC2A9D4611 (resized).jpeg
#1463 5 years ago
Quoted from JordanB:

Anyone happen to know?

Switch protector by the whirlpool ramp.

LTG : )

DSC00698 (resized).JPGDSC00698 (resized).JPG
#1464 5 years ago

Thanks @LTG! Living up to your name!!

#1465 5 years ago
Quoted from darkryder:

I've installed the small 1" square mylar stickers directly below the habitrail drops on the middle lanes (cutting out the top of the switch slot right in place, a sharp blade cuts it very easily). My right drop started to chip the edge of the slot, the mylar has stopped this for now. I am now just waiting on a pair of the universal switch slot protectors from Cliffy.

Cliff is waiting on having access to a POTC so that he can see if there are any custom pieces necessary. JJP has done a good job so far with mylar and the mantis style in-hole protectors, I am very pleased so far.

#1466 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Switch protector by the whirlpool ramp.
[quoted image]

Great spotting !

#1467 5 years ago

I just went through my coil settings, and for the life of me can’t spot a tortuga hole coil. Anyone able to give me a sanity check on this one?

#1468 5 years ago
Quoted from JordanB:

Anyone able to give me a sanity check on this one?

Page B-37 in the manual ( download from jerseyjackpinball.com under Support - Downloads ) - Bumpers VUK Strength specify the firing strength for the tortuga VUK coil.

In Settings - Coils.

#1469 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Page B-37 in the manual

RTFM! Thanks once again, Leo!

#1470 5 years ago
Quoted from dnaman:

I've installed the small 1" square mylar stickers directly below the habitrail drops on the middle lanes (cutting out the top of the switch slot right in place, a sharp blade cuts it very easily). My right drop started to chip the edge of the slot, the mylar has stopped this for now. I am now just waiting on a pair of the universal switch slot protectors from Cliffy.
Cliff is waiting on having access to a POTC so that he can see if there are any custom pieces necessary. JJP has done a good job so far with mylar and the mantis style in-hole protectors, I am very pleased so far.

Thanks for the pointers. As a precaution, I installed one of those plastic inserts in the trough and will also install the square Mylar pieces at the ball drops as suggested. This game is getting heavy play, so I’ll keep an eye on potential wear areas. Had My best game tonight with four multiballs stacked and reached Dead Man’s Chest Wizard mode. Of course, right after the intro movie with the Kraken, I drained (ugh), but ended up with a 2.4M GC score. Firing the cannon ball from the Black Pearl at the Dauntless is so darn fun! Got a bunch of mods on the way for this beauty, it’s a keeper for sure.

#1471 5 years ago

darkryder Great score!

I haven't hit a wizard mode yet but have been very close. The rules in the manual are a great read, details in there that I don't think many would just learn by playing.

I have some mods on the way as well, a few local owners ordering in quantity to save a bit on shipping.

On an unrelated topic; The manual claims that switches will show as bad/failed if not activated in 60 games. I would have guessed this to be much shorter as the 2 in my Dauntless show on startup now but they register in test and have worked within the game.

#1472 5 years ago
Quoted from dnaman:

darkryder Great score!
I haven't hit a wizard mode yet but have been very close. The rules in the manual are a great read, details in there that I don't think many would just learn by playing.
I have some mods on the way as well, a few local owners ordering in quantity to save a bit on shipping.
On an unrelated topic; The manual claims that switches will show as bad/failed if not activated in 60 games. I would have guessed this to be much shorter as the 2 in my Dauntless show on startup now but they register in test and have worked within the game.

I posted something about the dauntless yesterday. Make sure the target ship moves freely to activate switch and returns fully to normal position.

Mine was occasionally rubbing causing the stuck closed msg however when hit with the ball it would register.

#1473 5 years ago

Question for those that mylared the chapter start area. Did you Mylar inside the post where ball is held or just few inches outside?

#1474 5 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Question for those that mylared the chapter start area. Did you Mylar inside the post where ball is held or just few inches outside?

I mylared inside that that entire area (not outside of it at all). Highly recommended.

#1475 5 years ago

Skull value rules question:

-Is the skull value collected when you hit the skull shot, and if so, can you do so repeatedly?
-Does the skull value effect how much each shot in a mode is worth?
-Other than mystery, is there a way to increase skull value?

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#1476 5 years ago

I have been having a problem where my small LCD screen only shows partially on boot up. I have to turn the game off and on again and then it shows the screen fully. Anyone else having this issue or know of a fix? This problem happens almost every time.

IMG_1261 (resized).JPGIMG_1261 (resized).JPG
#1477 5 years ago
Quoted from NickBuffaloPinball:

Skull value rules question:
-Is the skull value collected when you hit the skull shot, and if so, can you do so repeatedly?

I only know the answer to your second question. The skull value affects the scores for chapters within that movie.

Also, if you shoot the scoop at the far left you get a lock that holds the skull value to the next ball

#1478 5 years ago

- No, the value is not collected when you hit a skull shot.
- Yes, the skull value directly relates to the value of each shot in chapters. Skull Value x Chapter Multiplier = Shot Value
- Hitting a skull shot will increase that skull's value.

#1479 5 years ago
Quoted from Outlanes:

Also, if you shoot the scoop at the far left you get a lock that holds the skull value to the next door.

Yep. It will hold the highest current skull value, and it also stacks! If you have all 5 skulls already held, the 6th hold will carry over to the next ball on your highest skull value, and so on.

#1480 5 years ago

Today is a good day!

IMG_2426 (resized).jpgIMG_2426 (resized).jpg
#1481 5 years ago
Quoted from kingkong16:

LCD screen only shows partially

Check your connections make sure they are seated fully and tight. I had a loose connector on the lcd in the head and had to tighten it.

#1482 5 years ago
Quoted from iepinball:

- No, the value is not collected when you hit a skull shot.
- Yes, the skull value directly relates to the value of each shot in chapters. Skull Value x Chapter Multiplier = Shot Value
- Hitting a skull shot will increase that skull's value.

"Ackthually,"

Yes, you absolutely collect the skull value on each shot when you're not in a chapter. This is a completely valid and important strategy to build up a value pretty high then milk it during main (non-chapter) play. If you loop the upper loop at the start of the game, for example, you'll see 1000, 1025, 1050, etc. You collect the skull value for that movie and increase it. If you find yourself with a 36x shot and nowhere to use it, shoot for the highest valued skull.

The other main way you increase skull scoring is during chapters. Each SHOT has a skull increase value associated with it, and it increases more the harder the shot. Some examples: center shot +100, left orbit +200, left ramp +300, Tia Dalma +750. It behooves you to shoot harder shots first to get the benefit of the increase for the rest of the chapter.

You also get the increase associated with a character's shot if they're spotted, whether the spot is via Spot Character, because it's your chosen character, or a male/female spot from Angelica/Scrum. In some ways, this makes picking Tia Dalma even more attractive for her instant +750 any chapter she's in. Except of course your chapter multiplier increase is halved.

Finally, one of Henry's deals is he double-increases Skull values during chapters, so look out for that as well (so if you shoot Elizabeth during a chapter, the skull value is +600 after the shot).

Edit to add: Max skull score is 10K.

#1483 5 years ago

I don't care for PotC as a theme much so I haven't paid much attention to the pin. But then I checked out a video overview last night and BOIYOIYOIYOIYOIYOIYOING

#1484 5 years ago
Quoted from pinball_keefer:

"Ackthually,"
Yes, you absolutely collect the skull value on each shot when you're not in a chapter. This is a completely valid and important strategy to build up a value pretty high then milk it during main (non-chapter) play. If you loop the upper loop at the start of the game, for example, you'll see 1000, 1025, 1050, etc. You collect the skull value for that movie and increase it. If you find yourself with a 36x shot and nowhere to use it, shoot for the highest valued skull.
The other main way you increase skull scoring is during chapters. Each SHOT has a skull increase value associated with it, and it increases more the harder the shot. Some examples: center shot +100, left orbit +200, left ramp +300, Tia Dalma +750. It behooves you to shoot harder shots first to get the benefit of the increase for the rest of the chapter.
You also get the increase associated with a character's shot if they're spotted, whether the spot is via Spot Character, because it's your chosen character, or a male/female spot from Angelica/Scrum. In some ways, this makes picking Tia Dalma even more attractive for her instant +750 any chapter she's in. Except of course your chapter multiplier increase is halved.
Finally, one of Henry's deals is he double-increases Skull values during chapters, so look out for that as well (so if you shoot Elizabeth during a chapter, the skull value is +600 after the shot).
Edit to add: Max skull score is 10K.

Good lord Keith, how do you come up with this stuff? How many points do I get for trying to retain this incredible ruleset in my own skull? Maybe that’s how I achieve the ultimate ultimate wizard mode? Haha j/k

#1485 5 years ago

D'OH! I need to pay more attention hahaha

I had wondered how my skull values sometimes rocketed up during chapters. Thanks for that info!

Also have been wondering how difficult a (10,000x3)x36 setup would be. 1,080,000 point max chapter shot, if I'm not mistaken.

#1486 5 years ago
Quoted from evh347:

Good lord Keith, how do you come up with this stuff? How many points do I get for trying to retain this incredible ruleset in my own skull?

Well it's all there for you if you want to learn it, but you should be able to have fun with it without knowing the minutiae, too.

Quoted from iepinball:

Also have been wondering how difficult a (10,000x3)x36 setup would be. 1,080,000 point max chapter shot, if I'm not mistaken.

Not easy. Not even sure offhand who I'd use to do it.

You need a lot of PIRATE lanes, which would imply Pintel. Or more time to ensure you have both shot and super x going which would imply Carina. Or to ensure a high skull value, use Henry. Obviously Norrington and Tia Dalma are out due to lower chapter Xs.

You could make the collect even more horrific, however. You'd have to use Scrum, have a chapter with >1 female (not many, usually Tia Dalma + Elizabeth), then get the second female at 2x because of Scrum. If I fix shot x to include chapter start, you could hit 5.4M, lol (Scrum spots first female at 5x).

#1487 5 years ago

Anyone able to help me decode the extra ball rules? I get it has something to do with checking the starfield to get a hint in the starfield as to what shot to make. (And on SE, you hit the starmap for an onscreen message, I presume, due to no starfield?)

I certainly have never been able to make sense of the starfield during a game, and all my extra balls have been either mystery/map/pirate lane awards, or just dumb luck.

#1488 5 years ago
Quoted from JordanB:

(And on SE, you hit the starmap for an onscreen message, I presume, due to no starfield?)

It's not on-screen, it'll dim the lamps and flash the required shot/target white (all versions).

#1489 5 years ago

I mylared inside that that entire area (not outside of it at all). Highly recommended.

Did you remove everything to get in there?

You Mylar all the way to targets or stop just short of the insert lights?

#1490 5 years ago

It's not on-screen, it'll dim the lamps and flash the required shot/target white (all versions).

Ah, fair enough. Though I'm still not sure how you get to the point where you have a change to light extra ball. You collect (X) many "constellation bonus shots" which flash white? If so... how does a constellation bonus shot light up?

#1491 5 years ago

SDTM Unboxing/Rum Run: JJP Pirates of the Caribbean

SDTM Zach does a Rum Run on JJP’s newest pinball machine. Yarrr!!

#1492 5 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

SDTM Unboxing/Rum Run: JJP Pirates of the Caribbean
SDTM Zach does a Rum Run on JJP’s newest pinball machine. Yarrr!!

Good video. Early thoughts??

#1493 5 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

Good video. Early thoughts??

This top shelf game deserves a little better than captain morgan! Lol☠️

#1494 5 years ago

Good grief pretty much eight shots while putting together a game!!!! For a guy who hates drinking I'm amazed you could stand! You sure you weren't pulling the old Super Troopers iced tea gag? Hahaha

#1495 5 years ago

That was food coloring

#1496 5 years ago

The tortuga VUK is very inconsistent as it sometimes it shoots it the right flipper and next time a strong shot to the left flipper. I cranked up the coil setting to 30 with those results and had it down to 8 which gave a better consistent weak shot to the right flipper. Anyone having the same issue. Also, looks like a protector is needed for the Tortuga hole.....

20181206_151222 (resized).jpg20181206_151222 (resized).jpg
#1497 5 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

This top shelf game deserves a little better than captain morgan! Lol☠️

It all tastes like shit to me haha

Quoted from drewski28:

Good grief pretty much eight shots while putting together a game!!!! For a guy who hates drinking I'm amazed you could stand! You sure you weren't pulling the old Super Troopers iced tea gag? Hahaha

Game Exchange JJ trained me well

Quoted from mountaingamer:

That was food coloring

The next day I wished it was food coloring

#1498 5 years ago

Energyspike how many plays on your machine? I see cliff is in order for that vuk

#1499 5 years ago
Quoted from Energyspike:

The tortuga VUK is very inconsistent as it sometimes it shoots it the right flipper and next time a strong shot to the left flipper. I cranked up the coil setting to 30 with those results and had it down to 8 which gave a better consistent weak shot to the right flipper. Anyone having the same issue. Also, looks like a protector is needed for the Tortuga hole.....
[quoted image]

Wow...not happy to see that already.

Hopefully cliffy makes something for this!

#1500 5 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Wow...not happy to see that already.
Hopefully cliffy makes something for this!

Yeah that chipping is terrible

GL putting a Cliffy around that hole. I would use thin self adhesive felt that you can cut to protect. The mylar they put down is doing nothing.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 3.75
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.
Protection
Electronics
Skillshot Combo
Electronics
There are 18,810 posts in this topic. You are on page 30 of 377.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-pirates-of-the-caribbean-official-owners-and-fan-club/page/30 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.