(Topic ID: 200141)

JJP Pirates of the Caribbean Official Owners and Fan Club!

By goren1818

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 18,875 posts
  • 633 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 24 hours ago by Mrsiyufy
  • Topic is favorited by 284 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
20240330_165232 (resized).jpg
POTC_Mods_annotated (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2024-03-29 at 12.02.54 PM (resized).png
17117301082711484468150429261795 (resized).jpg
20240329_160033 (resized).jpg
431321214_1110342276953195_8816628931148154685_n (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223442061 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223435586 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240204_044856660.MP (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240203-170723 (resized).png
PXL_20240128_214506994 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240128_224833483.MP (resized).jpg
IMG_0980 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0982 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0981 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

20 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,875 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 378.
#101 5 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

I like the piece of "wood" from the Black Pearl down to the ramp and did you have to remove the top of the Black Pearl to get to the packaging

I didn't have to remove the ship or loosen anything to pull them out.

#102 5 years ago
Quoted from pinballj:

I didn't have to remove the ship or loosen anything to pull them out.

The photos show the top off the Black Pearl which I hadn't seen before or was that just because the Playfield was pulled out

#103 5 years ago

All good after closer inspection got it figured out

IMG_20180910_211306 (resized).jpgIMG_20180910_211306 (resized).jpgIMG_20180910_211438 (resized).jpgIMG_20180910_211438 (resized).jpg
#104 5 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

All good after closer inspection got it figured out

Yeah I prob had the playfield pulled out a little to take advantage of the full rails

#105 5 years ago
Quoted from pinballj:

Yeah I prob had the playfield pulled out a little to take advantage of the full rails

Love those full rails

#106 5 years ago

Anyone else get their pin? I thought they shipped?

#107 5 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

Anyone else get their pin? I thought they shipped?

dude relax,your pin is on the way

#108 5 years ago

After playing the production model at VFO I never knew the chest acts as a physical ball lock.

Pretty neat as this was disabled in the prototypes.

#109 5 years ago

i don’t think it was disabled it think it was just effed up.

#110 5 years ago

POTC Standard arrived and setup at Marvin's Marvelous Mechanical Museum today.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#111 5 years ago

They're running standards?

#112 5 years ago

I’m waiting on my Collector edition. I hear it could be October

#113 5 years ago
Quoted from pinballj:

Two minor call outs... The packing material wasn't exactly spelled out on the setup sheet. It was called out to "remove packing material", but just remember to take the foam blocks out from around the black pearl. They were a little hard to see as they blended in, but we did catch it before turning on.
As far as the topper goes, the cable is wire tied to the back of the bracket where the topper mounts too (I love strain reliefs!). This actually is in the way of the topper, so I had to slip off the wire tie. I plan to put a large wire tie on so that it just can't slip back through the hole in the top of the cabinet (if that makes sense)
[quoted image][quoted image]

What's the trick to getting the topper installed? Seems like the screws are too short, unless I'm using the wrong ones...

#114 5 years ago
Quoted from KevInBuffalo:

What's the trick to getting the topper installed? Seems like the screws are too short, unless I'm using the wrong ones...

They should go through the hole in the front of the metal channel the topper sits in, through the topper, and into the threaded holes in the channel the topper sits in. Then put the black plastic plugs in the holes in front.

LTG : )

#115 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

They should go through the hole in the front of the metal channel the topper sits in, through the topper, and into the threaded holes in the channel the topper sits in. Then put the black plastic plugs in the holes in front.
LTG : )

Got it. Thanks!

#116 5 years ago

Just sharing a couple minor adjustments I made after playing a few games:

1) Switch for the fork ramp under the treasure test was not 100% registering all of the time correctly. I bent it out a little so that it would make contact sooner/longer when the fork ramp is up. This fixed an intermittent fault reported of the fork ramp not working right. Test fault helped with testing it to make sure it behaved right.

2) The Tortuga saucer was kicking out to the tip of the left flipper and then down the middle. I bent the cover slightly to have it go close to the middle of the left flipper.

3) The switch for the right "chapter rubberband" / sw 57 (in the start chapter stars area at the top) was a little tight and was registering 10 points I think when you hit both flippers. This was cool to figure out as I am a JJP noob. During a game, you can go to diagnostics / switch tests / switch matrix... close the coin door and flip the ball around. You can watch the matrix as switches were firing. I noticed switch 57 going off by itself even though I was no where close to it. So that was obviously it. Since there is a plastic that covers that area, I took the switch out from the bottom of the playfield, adjusted and reinserted.

#117 5 years ago

I just checked pin maps and realized that Sunshine laundromat in Queens has a machine. Even though I did get to play a prototype, I'm excited to play this one. Maybe we could have a pinside get together there for those in the nyc Area?

#118 5 years ago

My weekend just started early.

20180913_151140 (resized).jpg20180913_151140 (resized).jpg20180913_151825 (resized).jpg20180913_151825 (resized).jpg
#119 5 years ago
Quoted from Zavadoza:

Nice... You have all 4 of JJP's games. How do you like Pirates so far?

#120 5 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

Nice... You have all 4 of JJP's games. How do you like Pirates so far?

Even better than I expected, tbh. Gameplay is a lot of fun. There is so much to explore and do. Sound is so rich and immersive in a home environment. Instant favorite for my wife.

#121 5 years ago

That’s the ultimate lineup - very nice!

#122 5 years ago
Quoted from Zavadoza:

I love that we are finally starting to see these hit homes. Great line up, definitely a JJP fan!

#123 5 years ago

I'm excited to see a stream of this and the teams feedback. I think you guys are some of the best out there.

#124 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

I'm excited to see a stream of this and the teams feedback. I think you guys are some of the best out there.

Thanks! I did a quick stream of it the other day after setting it up. Here's the VOD: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/308859115

Much more to come!

#125 5 years ago

Got a chance to play this today! For all the locals...it's now at Pocketeer!

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg
#126 5 years ago

Can’t wait, but my pocket says otherwise!

#127 5 years ago

I'd argue this game out does DI and HOBBIT for sure. WOZ seems simple in front of this guy, but its hard to compete with WOZ from my point of view.

I played the game again today it really is the best use of space while at the same time packign in a ton. I love that loop shot, I don't know how to get the ball to drain down the middle of the left ramp, and the rocking ship is a fun challenge.

#128 5 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

I'd argue this game out does DI and HOBBIT for sure. WOZ seems simple in front of this guy, but its hard to compete with WOZ from my point of view.
I played the game again today it really is the best use of space while at the same time packign in a ton. I love that loop shot, I don't know how to get the ball to drain down the middle of the left ramp, and the rocking ship is a fun challenge.

I agree - I hope I end up liking pirates more than WOZ but as of now I find that hard to believe. We shall see

#129 5 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

I'd argue this game out does DI and HOBBIT for sure.

Not even close when comparing to DI. I would have agreed with Hobbit until I bought one. I actually think pirates is a downgrade in quality after now playing a production version 30 times or so. In fact the presentation especially is off and things like the nice powder for LE seems to be gone. I'm disappointed right now but early impressions can change as the layout is amazing. Don't mean to be Debbie Downer but that's where I am right now with this title. Just came back from playing after thinking about buying one

#130 5 years ago

People have been very happy with the game play. I can certainly attest to what delt is saying with the finish on the metal but overall my goal is to enjoy the game and let the public enjoy the game. I've bought every JJP game and certainly the finish on the 3 previous were stellar. I think pirates is the most packed playfield.

#131 5 years ago

I got to play the production model last night at sunshine here in NYC. Like many I was put off by the changes from the prototype (which I got to play a few times), but after spending some time with the machine, I'm extremely impressed and really want one.

Off topic but what is the latest thinking on what JJP is releasing next? Toy Story or wonka? I only have space for one machine and trying to decide if I want to sell my TAF now and get JJPotc or wait till the next JJP.

#132 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Not even close when comparing to DI. I would have agreed with Hobbit until I bought one. I actually think pirates is a downgrade in quality after now playing a production version 30 times or so. In fact the presentation especially is off and things like the nice powder for LE seems to be gone. I'm disappointed right now but early impressions can change as the layout is amazing. Don't mean to be Debbie Downer but that's where I am right now with this title. Just came back from playing after thinking about buying one

Yeah, The Hobbit has probably the nicest factor powder coat ever created for a pinball machine, followed by WOZ in my opinion. The factory powder coat for Dialed In LE is average and is a downgrade from both WOZECLE and Hobbit LE. The powder coat on Dialed In LE is just a flat color and doesn't have no where near as nice of finish as the powder coat on WOZ ECLE and Hobbit LE. The powder coat on POTC LE is designed to feel like the finish of a canon and I think it does a pretty good of doing that. I wish that the LE model came with some type of metal plate around the lockdown bar button similar to Stern Star Trek and ACDC.

On another note WOZ ECLE has a mirrored backglass, Hobbit artwork is printed on the backglass I believe (but not mirrored) but both Dialed In LE and POTC LE have translites. On Dialed In you have to spend $12.5K for the CE to get a mirrored backglass and the higher quality metallic finish powder coat...ugh. I don't like that JJP stopped putting mirrored backglasses on their LE games yet prices have gone up with each model.

#133 5 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Yeah, The Hobbit has probably the nicest factor powder coat ever created for a pinball machine, followed by WOZ in my opinion. The factory powder coat for Dialed In LE is average and is a downgrade from both WOZECLE and Hobbit LE. The powder coat on Dialed In LE is just a flat color and doesn't have no where near as nice of finish as the powder coat on WOZ ECLE and Hobbit LE. The powder coat on POTC LE is designed to feel like the finish of a canon and I think it does a pretty good of doing that. I wish that the LE model came with some type of metal plate around the lockdown bar button similar to Stern Star Trek and ACDC.
On another note WOZ ECLE has a mirrored backglass, Hobbit artwork is printed on the backglass I believe (but not mirrored) but both Dialed In LE and POTC LE have translites. On Dialed In you have to spend $12.5K for the CE to get a mirrored backglass and the higher quality metallic finish powder coat...ugh. I don't like that JJP stopped putting mirrored backglasses on their LE games yet prices have gone up with each model.

Wow, surprised POTC LE is only a translite.

Proper mirrored backglasses really make games pop.

#134 5 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Agreed with the backglass. By no means am I writing off pirates but I'm just disappointed right now that's all. I think even pirates quality jjp smokes Stern but cost is higher too...

#135 5 years ago

I just had the backglass out of my JJPOTC LE and it's definitely printed glass, not a translite.

Dialed In is the same way. The translites you see around they just make for promotional use and wall hangings and stuff.

#136 5 years ago

I just had the backglass out of my JJPOTC LE and it's definitely printed glass, not a translite.
Dialed In is the same way. The translites you see around they just make for promotional use and wall hangings and stuff.

Well,there you go I hope everybody is happy now.

#137 5 years ago

I may have been mistaken which is bad considering I have WOZ, Hobbit and DI, lol. So it sounds like Hobbit, Dialed In, and Pirates have their backglass artwork printed on the glass but they are just not mirrored.

#138 5 years ago

Next time you open up the machine, could you take some pictures of the boards?

KevInBuffalo

Edit: I watched your stream and saw very early that the ball drained directly from the mode start. I have seen that on the JJP stream as well. Does it happen often?

The ball got stuck on the transition from the ramp to the ship. Strange that they haven’t managed to fix that yet. When I played the prototype it had the same fault.

#139 5 years ago
Quoted from Axl:

Next time you open up the machine, could you take some pictures of the boards?

Sure, easy enough. Should have some for you here shortly.

Quoted from Axl:

Edit: I watched your stream and saw very early that the ball drained directly from the mode start. I have seen that on the JJP stream as well. Does it happen often?

Not often but it is possible based on the design. I usually just give it a quick nudge as it hits the gold targets now and it's good.

I've found that it took me a bit of time to anticipate inlane/outlane nudging based on the unusual configuration but most balls are very savable.

Quoted from Axl:

The ball got stuck on the transition from the ramp to the ship. Strange that they haven’t managed to fix that yet. When I played the prototype it had the same fault.

There's an adjustment for that that I'm going to work on, will report back.

#140 5 years ago

Ok, ramp adjustment was easy. A single hex screw to tighten to lower the part where the ramp meets the ship. 1 minute fix (see circled screw in photo below)

Took some pics of the bottom of the playfield while I was in there too.

057F5244-3AA4-40E2-A08A-108AF8425A1C (resized).jpeg057F5244-3AA4-40E2-A08A-108AF8425A1C (resized).jpeg0ECA08C9-2F32-4432-A7C6-B860413C78B4 (resized).jpeg0ECA08C9-2F32-4432-A7C6-B860413C78B4 (resized).jpegB01F309B-31CA-4178-B6C9-17244C3A25D3 (resized).jpegB01F309B-31CA-4178-B6C9-17244C3A25D3 (resized).jpegBF26B631-0925-4FD5-9E55-325C442D7166 (resized).jpegBF26B631-0925-4FD5-9E55-325C442D7166 (resized).jpegDB37A4C9-C011-417C-94CB-C234A9D7D470 (resized).jpegDB37A4C9-C011-417C-94CB-C234A9D7D470 (resized).jpeg
#141 5 years ago

I've played the production "standard" edition on location about a dozen times. One thing I don't understand. When I hit the mystery awards and it selects a multiball as an award, shouldn't it start the multiball? It didn't do anything the 3 times I got awarded them … I don't get it. Anybody know? Just trying to understand it.

#142 5 years ago

Well, there's "start" and "advance." Yes a mb should start if it says "start," but that will only happen in pity conditions or very high mystery levels.

#143 5 years ago
Quoted from pinball_keefer:

Well, there's "start" and "advance." Yes a mb should start if it says "start," but that will only happen in pity conditions or very high mystery levels.

Hmmm, the one time it was the highest mystery level (white). The other two were at a lower level. What does "advance" do? Just add a qualifying step for it? I got the one that the 50 gold pieces awards - not a "mystery" award and that one worked. Just the ones that were mystery awards didn't seem to do anything. Maybe they all were just the "advances". I'll have to watch the list more closely the next time I play.

#144 5 years ago

Ok, ramp adjustment was easy. A single hex screw to tighten to lower the part where the ramp meets the ship. 1 minute fix

Ah! Awesome! That put me at ease. Thank you for taking your time explaining.

Great stream btw, so cool to hear the direct audio.

#145 5 years ago

Going to stream more pirates tonight with direct audio and video capture! Live at 8 Eastern at http://www.twitch.tv/buffalopinball

#146 5 years ago

Would you look at those rails! Just look atem, sweeeeeeet rails JJP!

#147 5 years ago

Going to stream more pirates tonight with direct audio and video capture! Live at 8 Eastern at http://www.twitch.tv/buffalopinball

Great , Show us some Wizard Modes

#148 5 years ago
Quoted from sirlonzelot:

Great , Show us some Wizard Modes

I got to one so far (off stream) -- On Stranger Tides. Didn't make much progress in it but I can try to get back there again.

#149 5 years ago

I got to one so far (off stream) -- On Stranger Tides. Didn't make much progress in it but I can try to get back there again.

What was the objective and was there any unique video/music content?

#150 5 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

What was the objective and was there any unique video/music content?

There was definitely a custom screen on the display and a unique light show -- from what I remember it basically dimmed all the lights except for the shots you needed to hit. It was timed and I didn't hit enough shots in time to progress to figure out what happened next. Can't remember what happened to the music.

Real helpful I know

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 100.00
Electronics
Led Pinball

$ 99.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 39.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 49.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 41.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 32.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 24.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Vernon, BC
Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
29,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Frisco, TX
$ 20.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

There are 18,875 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 378.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-pirates-of-the-caribbean-official-owners-and-fan-club/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.