(Topic ID: 200141)

JJP Pirates of the Caribbean Official Owners and Fan Club!

By goren1818

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 18,885 posts
  • 633 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 38 hours ago by Buzzie
  • Topic is favorited by 284 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pirates2 (resized).jpg
IMG_2296 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2297 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2298 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2299 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2301 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2300 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
20240330_165232 (resized).jpg
POTC_Mods_annotated (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2024-03-29 at 12.02.54 PM (resized).png
17117301082711484468150429261795 (resized).jpg
20240329_160033 (resized).jpg
431321214_1110342276953195_8816628931148154685_n (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223442061 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223435586 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

20 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider psw757.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

432 posts in this topic match your search for posts by psw757. You are on page 2 of 2.
#8317 4 years ago
Quoted from RPZ:

These updates should be integrated with the code, not a different screen.

Unfortunately don’t think that is going to happen. I think if executed well it could be a really popular mod for the game.

#8319 4 years ago
Quoted from Schabs81:

If it's not interactive I dont understand why play shoot again and ball locks

Not sure how he can integrate those but for those looking for general theatrical fanfare, this will fit the bill.

#8423 4 years ago

Did someone mention there being a new tortuga scoop that rejects less frequently?

#8425 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I heard there was a scoop change very early on, but I expect most games have it already. If yours looks like this, I understand it to be the latest/greatest.
If you're getting SDTMs, adjust it to point more to the left and potentially bump power slightly to the VUK. Mine is ejecting consistently into the left flipper with those adjustments.
[quoted image]

That is what mine looks like. Early build 10/8/18.
No eject issues, just issues getting the ball to consistently stay in. Bricks out way too frequently!

#8456 4 years ago

Just called JJP, my game was in one of the first batches, 10/8/18 build. According to Frank there has been an update to the snubber bracket since last October when I got the game. Not sure what the change was but it was due to rejected shots.

New bracket on the way!

#8457 4 years ago

I got fed up when I had 779 gold built up and was rejected 3 times in a row then drain. All after 15 loops, game over.

#8461 4 years ago
Quoted from joseph5185:

779 gold...
OMG!
I need to play this game more! Haha I have yet to see 100 gold.

It was by far the most I’ve had and was furious with the rejected tortuga shots!

#8465 4 years ago
Quoted from anathematize:

once you get that upper orbit dialed in you'll start to see 100 gold on the table from a single hit to the GOLD targets. probably one of the most satisfying shots in the game. good stuff!

Think I hit the loop 15 times in a row then a hit to the gold targets and there was 600+ from that alone. Followed by me bricking the tortuga shot 3 times in a row and draining! Lol

Sure was fun while it lasted.

#8496 4 years ago

I’ve been told by several sources that not all 200 were made so who really knows.

#8500 4 years ago
Quoted from joseph5185:

What!?
That seems crazy... I'm guessing a "majority" of them were.

I honestly have no idea, I heard this about a month ago.

#8502 4 years ago

I know the pinside owner list only represents a small percentage of the overall community but I was surprised to see a total of 302 LE/CE owners. That seems low to me.

#8503 4 years ago
Quoted from joseph5185:

Hmm.. I MAY be one of the more recent CE owners... 12/27/18.

What’s the number under PF?

#8507 4 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

I bought a le, but haven't added it to my collection list.

Exactly why I said the pinside numbers are naturally low. Many that don’t show what they have.

#8509 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

So CEs aren't broken out from LEs if your CE is 566. The LE here is almost 800, in mid-feb, so 6 weeks to make ~200 from the one you have in late Dec. So, maybe 1000 total then.

Interesting mine is a 10/8/18 build with a PF of 187.

#8519 4 years ago

Has anyone with production in mar/apr posted a PF number?

Not that it matters just interesting data points.

#8729 4 years ago

Don’t get a ton of drains from the chapter shot but it does happen occasionally at what seems to be the worst time...lol

Rather than a timed save, what about a save if no switches have been it since the start of chapter?

#8758 4 years ago

Anyone else wish the depths shot and Bayou had some kind of additional fanfare at times other than some obscure scoring stuff that most aren’t even aware of?
Both could be used for some kind of video mode or anything for that matter.

#8857 4 years ago

Question for those who installed disc silenced kit.

What’s the trick to getting jamb nut off to remove disk?

Edit - disregard! Over thinking this..lol

#8863 4 years ago

Well I’m normally a bit skeptical but wow does the disc silenced kit quiet things down!

Nice job Modcouple, wish I installed from the beginning!

#8864 4 years ago

Found these in bottom rear of my game when installing some art blades.

Everything appears normal from what I can see, could be debris from factory.

Any idea where this hardware would be used?

#8911 4 years ago

You all really find these machines that fragile that you need a replacement of everything?

My super nice Williams Indy has had the shit played out of it and in a huo environment the original PF is pretty much perfect and that is on something 26 years old.

I expect these JJp machines to last with the same sensible care and preventive upkeep.

#8959 4 years ago

Well since we were all talking about things we would like to see evolve with the code, in addition to something more fun being added to the depths and/or bayou shot this game needs some sort of pirate themed attract mode..way too quiet!

#8960 4 years ago

Mod request for you mod makers, how about a small ships wheel or something for the pearl maybe can even design it to fit above the two targets between the spinners to help hide the ugly visible wires?

#8965 4 years ago
Quoted from harryhoudini:

Nice one! I was hoping for some decoration on the BP boarding ladder. A real "rope" ladder on top of it would be cool.

I think somebody did a plastic rope, maybe Mezel or modfather?

#8970 4 years ago

Excellent mod, highly recommend. I was hoping for a ships wheel somewhere else around there.

That helps but I was referring to the visibility of the wires from the front right behind and between the two targets.

That mod only blocks the view from the top. Was thinking a small ships wheel or something to hide that little space.

#9027 4 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

Yes, these seem fairly doomed to ripple or crack regardless of any type of protection....

So now we are saying nothing will work?

Mylar, star posts, washers etc...not worth the effort?

#9029 4 years ago

I'm going to take my slings off to see how the washers are doing and report back. With the amount of tension I put on the posts I can't imagine it's dimpling.
On a side note, while Frank has responded letting me know he will get back to me, I have no substantive update from JJP.

I’ll be contacting my distributor and JJP tomorrow.

To be honest as long as one of these fixes stops what’s happening further then I’m ok with it. But if this continues, that is not acceptable.

#9034 4 years ago

I see the ripple and if I had to guess the appearance of a Mylar ring might be the impression from a star post with no washer under it.

#9036 4 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

I'm guessing it's clearcoat that is flowing a bit in a wave, I'd assume from movement during gameplay.
[quoted image]

It’s pretty much what mine looked like and then the ripple literally flaked right off!

#9039 4 years ago

Yeah....that’s what I said followed by some blistering profanity.

We all need to find a good solution.

#9043 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Well, the washers+star posts are a bust...they are causing the slingshot hammer to escape.
They also apparently cause a chemical breakdown of the star posts.
I’m trying the mylars and a fresh set of star posts next.
I do not think there is any way to prevent this. It appears to be inherent to the playfields since TNA is getting the same issue.

What washers have a reaction?

How about a piece of Mylar between the washer and post?

#9044 4 years ago
Quoted from 3pinballs:

All I see is a little indentation , don't see what the fuss is about

That is now. Mine looked like that a few days ago. Took a close look and touched it and the ripple flaked right off including the blue art under the ripple of clear.

#9046 4 years ago
Quoted from 3pinballs:

Has that happened on everyone's as we'll?

I’ve seen several members here with worse chips than mine but even more with this rippling so it will be a matter of time until they break free.

#9054 4 years ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

So with the posts, I’m really confused. Support is sending me the small washers used on some of the machines (the newer ones?). I have had no cracking but I may have a slight ripple, need to check. I have to remove the slings to put new plastics on (one sling plastic was cracked), and I was going to insert the washer supplied by JJ underneath the posts. Now I’m not sure if that’s the right thing to do. Are there people out there who have put thousands of games on without chipping around the sling posts? Have people got the small washers supplied by JJ and had no problems?

Not sure but be very careful removing the posts because that ripple was apparently stuck to my post a bit and when removed some clear and art came with it. I have rippling on 4 of 6 posts with one of them having the chip damage.

Ticket submitted to JJP this morning and had a very blunt discussion with them about my concerns going forward, hopefully they make this right.

#9061 4 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

I have the tiny clear washers they're possibly, possibly sending you, and I have two ripples starting. Going to try mylar circles today.

Did you talk with Frank or someone else? What did their take seem to be?

Spoke with Frank and we did have a discussion about the small discs they are using in production now but I told him at this point that ship has sailed....maybe would have been good from day 1 but won’t even cover the damage at this point on one of the posts.

Game can’t be played as is without further damaging PF so I’m waiting to hear from them, sent many pictures and he didn’t like what was happening and seemed concerned with what he saw. Hopefully this gets addressed ASAP!

Broken toys, plastics, mechs etc.... are normal wear and tear and to be expected but a playfield literally disintegrating right before my eyes is absolute bullshit. 4 of 6 posts rippling and cracking the clear..f’ing ridiculous!

#9062 4 years ago

After tearing the slings apart and looking at the components there are multiple things causing this in my opinion.

First the skinny footprint of the post does not provide a stable base and probably moves much more than we realize under force causing it to dig into the pf which brings up issue two.
The base of the skinny post is not even sanded and flush on the bottom. It has sharp edges in various spots which only increases the digging and it appears it literally will form a crack or small fracture in the clearcoat just on the inside edge of the ripple or bubbling appearance of clear. Get a flashlight and magnifying glass if you need to, I have a bubble and crack that hasn’t chipped yet.
In addition to all of this, these post were likely installed too soon for the pf clearcoat to fully cure and were also likely over torqued from day one at the factory.

Not real happy at the moment as you can tell, lol! Not the end of the world but certainly disappointing to see.

#9066 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I'm really not super worried about the chipping. I mean, it's not great obviously, but I'm not freaking out over it either.
The star posts do a nice job of hiding it. It's unrealistic to expect the playfield, rubbers etc to remain perfect with the heavy use ours is seeing. We love playing it dozens of times daily.

Well if it was a single chip with no other risk of delamination or peeling I would agree but that is not the case. I have a piece of art/clear beyond the chip that is like a large hangnail waiting to be cutoff. Not good and will only continue to further peel like an onion over time. Nothing is perfect in life but you have to draw a line somewhere on what is acceptable and what isn’t.

#9069 4 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Regarding sling posts. I installed mylar squares over each post hole on my 2/4 built LE. Game had probably less then 100 plays when I did it with no wear. I would recommend every owner to do this to eliminate the chance of wear / chipping at the sling post area.
Posts did have factory plastic washers applied but I don't think that's enough. Mylar squares are barely visible after installation. Apply over post hole and then very carefully use a hobby knife to cut an X in the middle to allow the bolt to pass through.
I hope 1 square of mylar is enough, have debated on applying a second over each one.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

I think Mylar and discs from the factory on day 1 would have really eliminated this issue.

#9081 4 years ago
Quoted from Extraballz:

Sorry. Not trying to bash anyone here. Just trying to help figure out issue. Clear can be a fickle beast to get right at times. A little moisture left in wood underneath or high humidity in air while shooting clear can cause issues. Hopefully the issue is only on small number of PFs

The fact that the issues are over a wide range of build dates from 10/18 to relatively recent doesn’t make me think this is an isolated batch type of thing.

#9082 4 years ago

Anyone think that some sort of rubber or foam isolation ring may work better than hard washers that can dig in?

If it is something softer that can absorb the energy of impact and torque a bit it should prevent digging into the clearcoat. I’m thinking like a thin rubber gasket type material.

Obviously doesn’t help those that have chips already but it would stop washers and posts from leaving impressions.

#9086 4 years ago

My wife reported this last night with the PETG washers. I had not seen it before, but yeah, that seems like an issue now. Another thought is to cut the star posts down (grind them down) enough that the PETG height is accounted for. Don't really want to do this. Seems like the washers JJP used are a LOT thinner than the PETG I have. Crazy how much difference a few mm can make.

I have to say, we shouldn’t have to be the ones engineering and figuring all this shit out.

Good example, i got one of the first Beatles golds and a couple of us reported to Stern a pretty wild airball issue right out of the gate and within a month or so Stern fabricated a nice kit that totally eliminated the issue.

JJP needs to find a reasonable solution here and f’ing stickers isn’t the fix!

#9098 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

While I totally get your frustration, put yourself in JJP's shoes on this. They obviously can't go shipping out new playfields.
In my view a sticker solution would be an acceptable one, especially if coupled with star posts that hide the damage in the first place.

The frustration is due to loving the game.

It’s a masterpiece both from a pinball perspective and art.

I could live with a colored sticker since it’s in a obscure area and not in the middle of PF but some sort of sealer to fill and level the void is warranted and some new posts with flat bottoms would be nice so the stickers don’t get cut.

#9112 4 years ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

This post seems to have just cut through the clear coat
[quoted image]

When you remove that post be very careful, mine looked just like that and some material came off with the post.

Hard to tell what is going on with that star post but it almost looks like it sunk into the clear a bit. I will have to take a look at mine.

#9132 4 years ago
Quoted from solarvalue:

At the risk of wading into something that I shouldn't, I would
just like to a add a few data points to the clearcoat
concerns:
- In the course of various restorations, I have had to remove
posts and, no matter the era of the game, I have often found
that
the post has dug into the original clearcoat and artwork.
- I have also had playfields clearcoated and, after doing a
playfield swap, if I had to later remove a post I had
installed for
whatever reason, I sometimes found that the post had dug into
the
new clearcoat.
I'm not saying that what some of you have experienced with
this
game is not out of the ordinary, I'm just saying that when a
is screwed into a clearcoated playfield, it will often dig
into the
clearcoat and artwork. The first time I saw this, I was
surprised,
because I had been told that clearcoat was indestructible and
impervious to wear when, in actual fact, it's a lot softer
than we
think. In the battle between a post, with a relatively small
footprint and a clearcoated playfield, which the post is
tightened
securely against, the post often wins. Remember, the posts
have to
be tight, or they get loose and move around and then the
screw hole
gets damaged.
Now, if you have large areas of artwork falling off your
playfield without having been subjected to the pressure from
a
playfield post that may be another matter.

Your seriously going to take the position that within 6 months
of home use and less then 1000 games played for most of us.
Chipped and missing art and damage to the point where the
original posts won’t sit level on the PF is Normal?

These aren’t restorations, these games are exhibiting damage right out of
the box with the posts being over tightened. If after 25 years of
heavy use this type of thing started to show up during a resto it
wouldn’t be an issue.

My experience feels the opposite, scoop wear is normal, shooter
lane wear normal, pop bumper wear over time normal, areas
where the ball drops and hits pf repeatedly the wear is the
normal over
time.

This is not normal for a new machine.

Overtightned and shitty posts with sharp edges and burrs are the
culprit hear not casual pinball play.

#9143 4 years ago

I like the pardoning for Weatherby Swann.

Was that added in the .99 code or is that to come?

#9188 4 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

My POTC LE is scheduled to arrive tomorrow.
With all of these recent postings of playfield damage, I'm almost afraid to open the box.

You’ll likely have the washers installed from the factory. I wouldn’t worry much.

You may eventually end up with some rippling but doubtful with the washers in place from day 1 that it cracks and chips.

Enjoy the game!

#9198 4 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

I didnt, got my LE last week. Use the spacers under your plastics. The post with the screw did has a washer, the other two with nuts on them didn't.
I'm in the camp where this doesn't bother me much. If I had paint chipping, I would feel different, but waves in clear or some cracking doesnt bother me. My DI sim card hole had clear chipping, put on a cliffy and it's fine.

Mine doesn’t have spacers under the plastics.

These guys just put whatever they have laying around on the machine it seems.

Edit - they must have added spacers because the art was getting rubbed off the plastic from the screw head that doesn’t go through.

#9306 4 years ago

Attract mode pirate music
Depths and Bayou more fanfare, really anything besides obscure scoring. Those two shots are not integrated to the game much.
Ball save out of chapter select, drain with no switches hit should be saved from Davey Jones Locker!

My wishlist!

Edit - one more addition

How about some Davey Jones ship action featuring the triple cannon being fired!

1 week later
#9545 4 years ago

That dauntless mod is friggin awesome and I figured the picture on their site didn’t do it justice do to lighting or flash etc... I’m ordering, very detailed!

The best mod I’ve added from an overall improvement perspective has to be the disc silence kit.

Put it this way, the game doesn’t sound like an absolute POS when the spinner starts ripping. It was never really an issue for me but whenever a non pinhead would play the game they would ask what is wrong with the machine. This isn’t happening anymore!

That is a success in my opinion.

#9550 4 years ago

Since we are kicking summer off let’s discuss pirate drinks.

Only one drink other than straight rum neat should be had while playing this fine game and that is a Dark N’ Stormy!

What’s all your go to Pirate beverages, arghhhh!

#9556 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Ginger beer (and a lime wedge).

Ah....close but no.

2 parts goslings black seal Bermuda rum
4 parts Barrett’s ginger beer or goslings ginger beer
On the rocks
Wedge of lime

Yes the brand of ginger beer makes a difference and so does the rum. some ginger beeris more for vodkas(Moscow mule). Other dark rums don’t taste the same.

Goslings rum is like motor oil but good.

I’ve introduced many to this drink and they are hooked. Smooth but dangerous and when mixed properly is like a dark n stormy night on the seas visually.

It’s also happens to be the national drink of Bermuda.

#9558 4 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

I prefer beer, bourbon, or both when I play pinball.
Just like the real pirates drank.

Pirates drank rum, used rum for wounds and many other things.

Rum and more rum please!

#9560 4 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

Club threads are dedicated to just that machine. Just an FYI. They also more heavily moderate them for anti-machine trolls, off topic, etc.
Now pirate related drinks. Those are super on topic. Can’t go wrong with any kind of rum.
But... why is the rum gone?

Not sure...but just brought back a very nice bottle from the Cayman’s, seven fathoms rum and it is aged at 42 feet beneath the sea hence the seven fathoms. All about the motion of the ocean in the barrel! Lol

Good sipper, smooth and no burn!

Happy summer fellow pirates!

#9563 4 years ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

Speak for yourselves!!!
Different down here.....[quoted image]

Lol..didn’t think about that!

#9670 4 years ago
Quoted from Zora:

A interactive chest lightning mod would be great. Interactive in the meaning that it lights when the chest will lock a ball and flashes when the lock is not yet ready (or the other way round). The current mod is lightning without any relation to the lock status.

Doesn’t the chest already have interactive lighting? I swear mine flashes red inside when it’s ready for a ball to be locked. I’m assuming this is what your referring to.

#9700 4 years ago
Quoted from arzoo:

I've never seen this happen, maybe I have an LED that's out? Always annoys me that there's no obvious indication that the chest is primed to lock.

Could very well be but I just checked and it definitely flashes red inside the chest almost to the best of the heart when ready to load ball. Once loaded the red flasher goes out.

#9702 4 years ago
Quoted from Zora:

Yes, that is what I meant. But my chest is not flashing at all, neither in the pre lock nor in the lock status.

Check your bulb, small red light in front right side of chest.

I’ll try to photo it but looks like it’s in the front right corner when viewed from playing position.

It isn’t super bright but it is there and noticeable.

#9721 4 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Nothing cheeky but I will teach you how to fish instead. At the Top of this POTC thread simply type "Mirror Blades" and you will see ALL of the people that installed them, How they installed them, and if they worked along with what they look like! I even did a write up on this as did several others! Good Luck![quoted image]

Is Yelobird making another railing mod like the Mezel version or was that wishful thinking?

#9724 4 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

We all really need to gang up for a request to pinball_keefer to turn up the intensity on that light. I never noticed it either and was going to get the mod to light up the chest. It's there already ... just a little too dim. I'm sure it's likely just a simple code adjustment to make that brighter.

Yep, there already and works great. If I’m playing in dim light it’s pretty noticeable but with lights on normal doesn’t quite jump out at you.

Pretty slick though that they incorporated this though!

#9725 4 years ago
Quoted from heni1977:

I think he is working on it! I am expecting a great mod, that's why it's taking so long! But my wife says nothing will beat the dog barrel light cover.

I’m still wanting to do the tortuga Tom replacement...wish someone would sell these so it’s work free!

#9727 4 years ago
Quoted from heni1977:

I am still waiting on Tortuga Tina!!!

Aka - Mrs Swann?

#9728 4 years ago
Quoted from heni1977:

I think he is working on it! I am expecting a great mod, that's why it's taking so long! But my wife says nothing will beat the dog barrel light cover.

I was about to order the one from Mezel, hopefully he confirms!

#9740 4 years ago
Quoted from Zora:

I have not noticed it before you indicated that there is a red light flashing when ready to lock. It seems far to small. But if the flashing is akready installed, the modding industry should hook a better lightning to this LED easily. A green flashing would better suit to the general chest colour.

I like the red, it is intended to represent Davey Jones Heart and seems to flicker to the Heart Beat. Not sure green would give same effect.

#9778 4 years ago

Finally scored a Jack Sparrow figure for $29 shipped!

Can’t wait to give Tom the boot.

Am I going to need to drill the factory bumper cap or are there existing holes to use where Tom was mounted?

#9784 4 years ago
Quoted from mountaingamer:

Did you get the Neca series 1? I’m hunting for a nice Elizabeth Swan but they are all meh looking. The nicest female is Hot Toys Angelica but she is around $200[quoted image]

I went with the Neca series 3 Jack Sparrow. Same size.

#9798 4 years ago

It's not a red LED. It's a tiny LED board like many of the other mini RGB light boards JJP uses in modern games. It's wired (not a plug) at the board and is screwed to the inside of the chest. You could probably re-mount the board and glue a transparent heart to it with some custom modding.

Don’t think I’ve ever noticed the light any color other than when it is red indicating to load the chest.

#9822 4 years ago
Quoted from wvpinball:

Neca Pirates of the Caribbean (Series 1). These can be found on EBay or a few other sites. There are instructions somewhere on Pinside. Let me know if you have trouble finding them...

Any Neca series will work. The later series seem to look a little better and have more characters to choose from. They are all 7” figures.

#9919 4 years ago

Such a better look! Sent Tom to Davey Jones locker!

C665F074-D615-47BD-919C-B898990EC06B (resized).jpegC665F074-D615-47BD-919C-B898990EC06B (resized).jpeg
#9922 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballslave:

Do you find any of the shots are so difficult that it's annoying? My eyes are getting worse with age, and incredibly tight shots are starting to become a case of luck more than skill

Only two shots that I find to be a real bitch are the tortuga shot and the extra ball shot through the pops. You just need to have control of the ball and not flip like a wild man on the fly.

#9929 4 years ago

Where'd you get that?! HUGE improvement!

eBay, neca series 3.

Back of the box shows some other interesting characters as well, cursed skeleton Jack Sparrow might look good.

Have to be honest that I procrastinated doing this for a while as Tom was fine but wow, once installed it totally gels with the art and theming. Really can’t go wrong with any of the characters.
Sparrow is the only goofy drunkard one that would be popping out of a barrel though so it’s perfect!

#9932 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballslave:

Apart from giving an extra ball, do those shots have a lot of importance in the gameplay? I appreciate the question sounds a bit dumb, but sometimes certain shots aren't needed too much to progress the game... stupid example: the secret passage in WH2O...

The extra ball shot is really only for that as far as I know. If it isn’t lit, I don’t try.

The tortuga shot however is pretty important as mystery awards, tortuga mb etc... all tied to that shot.

#9936 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

I'm in the same boat. Been procrastinating. Is it hard to do?

It took 10 minutes max. Very simple.

Buy it!

#9938 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Damn it I might have to. How do you know where to cut? After that I know how to take off but how do you attach the new figure if they don't have holes in them?

Hacksaw at the jointed waist for a clean cut held the figure over the pop bumper cap and drilled pilot holes using the cap as the template, use the two screws from Tom and install the pop cap and done.

Drop of hot glue for the gun, rum bottle and hat.

I think a Barbosa figure would look good as well.

#9982 4 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

Which series is that version of Jack Sparrow?

Series 1, 2 or 3 will all work. They are all 7” figures.

All the same size but seem to have slightly different facial expressions etc...

I went with a series 3, got a good price.

#9994 4 years ago

Mezel mods Dauntless is back in stock

Yep...ordered today!

#10019 4 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Ok not that I want to learn bad habits but how do you start so many games and not play as many? Is there a way to restart on a bad ball. I know you can do that with Stern games never tried with JJP titles. Great, a new way for me to cheat lol.

I think that is the quick restart setting in the menu. If that is enabled you can hold start button in middle of game to restart.

#10023 4 years ago
Quoted from Breger1:

After drain ball. Open coin door, push menu the back button to main menu and it resets game. Yes it is a bad habit

I guess that is another way but isn’t the quick restart setting the more common method?

#10024 4 years ago

SLOW means you have to hold the button down but it has to be on a single screen for the entire time. If you are on the bonus screen and you hold the button down and the screen changes, it won't work.
FAST is an option on some games and it means you don't have to hold the button down, doesn't look like JJP has that.[quoted image]

You sure there is not a fast restart on POTC? I thought I saw it there but maybe it was the slow I saw.

#10074 4 years ago

Ok, no one wanted to step up so I am going to work on this. Who's in?
Cardboard mock up of the shape
[quoted image]
Oh snap, VUK bash protection?!
[quoted image]
Upper railing installed
[quoted image]
Working on a prototype 3D printed part.

Thoughts on art or wheel decal or something?

#10077 4 years ago
Quoted from Heater:

I love it. How about cabin doors of a ship?

Dimly flickering lit frosted windows would look cool

#10080 4 years ago

The guy I'm talking with on the 3D has done several other mods for other games with cool lighting and transparent pieces. I'll suggest both of these. I just did flickering flame lights on my WOZ (in the state fair balloon) and it looks fantastic. I think that would work well here.

Flickering lighting behind windows would be pretty cool, wouldn’t want it bright though.

Count me in as well, something needs to go there to hide that bundle of wires.

#10084 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

That's a dumb place for a wheel unless the first mate's blind and doesn't need to see where he's going. Maybe doors to below deck would make more sense?

Yeah - windows or doors. Is there room up on the Mezel deck for a small helm and wheel?

#10087 4 years ago

After looking at the layout it won't even work, the upper railing gets in the way too much to make it look decent. I think the window or door is the likely option. There isn't a ton of visibility there.
How about some port holes with lights behind them to match the side of the stand ups? Brass colored around the edges or maybe a "ships wheel" look to them. Translucent with lights behind them.[quoted image]

Not sure about round windows. Take a look at a picture of the back side of the pearl or any pirate ship to get some styling ideas.

#10089 4 years ago
Quoted from Heater:

How about something like this?
[quoted image]
But smaller

Wow would that be sweet if it fits

I like the horizontal planking and even that door with the top panels as windows would work if there wasn’t room to flank the door with windows.

#10146 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I can confirm that Norrington blows up your scores and drops you in wizard modes faster. Just did a "quick" test on the route machine and got almost 2 million and two wizard modes without even really playing.
Having seen 4 of the 5 wizard modes now, I wish there was more of an audible guidance about what the heck you're supposed to be doing instead of just shooting at the lit shots and hoping it progresses the mode.

The wizard modes in general could use a little more fanfare. They are fun and I think what they did is great but need just a little polish.

I agree on the Norrington assessment, has allowed me to get deeper into the game. Calypso is good to focus on one particular wizard mode.

Did I mention we really need some Pirate attract music! Lol

#10181 4 years ago

Why would sails be below the upper railing?

I think hitting them is supposed to be the mechanism that raises the invisible sails, like the crank they use on the deck or whatever. As you continue to rip the spinners the ship does pick up speed in its rocking motion.

#10189 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I don't think sails are still a thing.
I think that was in pre-production, where the released game uses the spinners to catch up to the ship. You can see the animation where the two ships close in on each other.

Didn’t really think about that but I do recall seeing that.

#10190 4 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Y'all are wrong.
Hitting the spinners represents grabbing as much of One-Eyed Willy's treasure before the Fratelli's arrive.

Goonies would be the ultimate theme for JJP to tackle in my opinion.

Come on JJP do it!

#10202 4 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

How do you gauge large unmet demand? You think they could sell 200 units @$11500?
As you note there is an unsold LE +$1500 over retail and standards still available.
I’m voting they won’t remake it, and if they do, prices will be a lot higher.

The stoppage had nothing to do with demand.

#10208 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

They'll sell many more LEs than 200 at $9500 on a new run. Talk to distributors. They get calls about it all day long with cash in hand orders they can't fill. That's unmet demand.

I agree with the unmet demand aspect of what your saying however, production stopped very abrubtly and running low on parts doesn’t cause that.

They either weren’t hitting margins due to delays and/or issues with game

Or the Disney firing Johnny may be part of it. We visit Disney frequently and last time we were down there they were talking about taking the ride back to pre 2006 status without sparrow. They are also really pulling back on the licensing of jack sparrow toys.

Not sure how this impacts a deal like they had with JJP but there maybe something to that.

My advice to those wanting the game, take what is available with the assumption it won’t be made again, it’s a great game!

#10209 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

That is a question for Jack. I'm sure it's a better margin at 2000 than 1000. I just know that walking away from hundreds of unmade sales that are not going to translate to Wonka is bad business. Jack will circle back.

Jack said it was a 3 year deal which we are well into. Not sure if the delay cut into that or if the timing starts when the first one leaves the factory.
Jack seemed pretty sure at tpf that it wouldn’t happen and folks who spoke with Eric seemed to get the same feeling.

#10227 4 years ago
Quoted from RTS:

But now the demand is because of the stoppage.

Very true!

#10262 4 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

I love stats like this

Just confirms what we already knew based of the numbers stamped on the PF.

Only unknown if I recall was home many SE’s were built. The 1000 total number was spot on.

#10264 4 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

Not sure why my LE was labeled 1111 though

If forget the exact workings of how the numbers worked, I think maybe PinMonk maybe figured it out. I want to say the last 3 digits had meaning and the first didn’t? Again not sure.

#10267 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

On the badge on the head? That number is meaningless. People can request numbers for it.

It’s the one on actual PF. I wasn’t sure what number he was referring to.

#10325 4 years ago
Quoted from 3pinballs:

ball stuck on upper playfield 1st ball played, bummer. the upper ramp is about 1/4 to 1/2 inch lower than the ramp....any ideas.
Also, no washers on either side... they look good, but need to get kit from JJP[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Lower right sling post looks like it dug in.

#10335 4 years ago
Quoted from dts:

The holes are a kinda big on these Lowe’s rubber washers, so I’m placing them a little off center until I get the JJP fix, not too tight.[quoted image]

They fit the star posts well. I think you will be happy.

Anyone measure the JJP supplies star posts from kit compared to a post bought elsewhere?
Just curious if they got creative and had a custom size made.

#10359 4 years ago
Quoted from Demwyn:

Here we go...[quoted image][quoted image]

I used a thin foam weather strip

#10443 4 years ago
Quoted from statsdoc:

This is what I used. It is a firm rubber piece that is kind of a protective footer. It has self-adhesive on the back. Seems to be doing the trick for now as it at least covers up in the initial contact with the t-nut.
[quoted image][quoted image]

So the t-nut issue is only in the back left corner?

#10445 4 years ago
Quoted from Trooper11040:

Damn that really sticks out lol[quoted image]

Wow, I must have missed this in previous photos.

#10450 4 years ago

I’d love to see it! I’m getting tired of the other pirates topic so I’ve been searching online for other mod ideas also. I ordered this 2” pendant for $12 - hoping to dremel off the hasp and fit it under the shooter rod.[quoted image]

Hey no offense but nobody is forcing you to read the other thread.

#10455 4 years ago

Let it go - I never said that anyways.

Sorry for the sarcasm.

#10456 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

You don't have to advertise your day drinking.

It’s always 5’o clock somewhere

2 weeks later
#10951 4 years ago
Quoted from 3pinballs:

Good to know....just thought 10 plays was to early to see dirt.

What kind of balls you using?

I thought the same thing out of the box with the original balls but since I switched to the ball baron brand it isn’t as bad.

#10955 4 years ago
Quoted from 3pinballs:

the ones that came with the game and they were pretty shiny.

The quality of ball matters. The originals seem to oxidize or something causing them to get a little grimy.

I noticed this when I did my first cleaning, the balls were pretty dirty when I wiped them with a cloth.

1 week later
#11197 4 years ago

2:04:45
"Don't infringe on my intellectual property"
"Back off, back off"
I don't see why Jack has any responsibility to mods 3rd party people are making. The licensor would be responsible, Jack isn't in the middle of this. Seems like he has an issue.

I’m sure he isn’t happy that the fine folks of pinside are able to get the chest working for a crummy $110.

They never should have taken that out of the game...period!

2 weeks later
#11497 4 years ago
Quoted from heni1977:

I am just hoping for a little, yo ho yo ho and a bottle of rum attract music!

Yep...this is a must add!

If JJP can’t add it someone needs to figure out a hack to the code so we can add it.

As far as warranty concerns who gives. Shit at this point, our playfields are chipped and JJP doesn’t help anyhow.

#11500 4 years ago
Quoted from heni1977:

There is when the JJP logo comes on. It is just the JJP song though, it does not really go with the concept. It plays I think once every 4 rotations like the Wanted posters! I do think they need to bring this back to life, as attract songs are pretty flipp'n awesome! If you have heard some of the older ones, like 80's era and 90's. I think this is a key part of pinball in my opinion.
First 30 seconds of this

I agree, Indy and Star Wars have to be two of the best.

How can you not go hit the start button when that music goes off?

#11506 4 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Exactly... and TH has TONS of attract more music, as does DI. I’m going to look at the update and see if we can inject some files in there. I did this on DI and it worked but it gets erased as soon as you update

If we got some legit Pirate attract music I would never update...lol

3 weeks later
#11902 4 years ago
Quoted from Reznnate:

Actually, the current POTC game software is version 1.39. The older revision number was simply a typo.

What? you sure about that? Says .99 everywhere.

2 weeks later
#12050 4 years ago

Just got my cliffys as well. Are you removing Mylar even if it is still perfect and laying flat?

#12075 4 years ago
Quoted from javagrind888:

Got my trunk mod working this Saturday! Breaths new life into this machine and gives it something that I didn't know was missing.

Does the chest stay open slightly?

#12120 4 years ago

any reason why a cliffy wasn’t made for the bayou hole?

#12125 4 years ago
Quoted from MurphyPeoples:

There is! Cliff has a "new extended set" for the PTOC. A protector over the raw wood on the BP at the ramp, and a Carbon Fiber protector that looks like snake skin for the Bayou.

Is this new since early May? That was when I ordered the set but wasn’t included.

#12129 4 years ago

One on pearl looks good the bayou not sure I like. It’s the same as mode scoop on IJ but at least it’s hidden there.

#12131 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Same thoughts here. I'd like a bayou that's like Tortuga.

Perhaps even a slightly thinner profile would work so it doesn’t stick out as much.

#12132 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I did my cliffy's tonight at last. Pretty happy with the results, both scoops had some wear which is now hidden away.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Looks like the washer sticks out a bit into the tortuga hole on yours as well.

My ball impacts the washer occasionally, you have any concerns of the ball getting finger up?

#12134 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Nah. I bought a big box of pinballs and replace them every 500-800 plays.

I guess i didn’t ask the question properly.

It isn’t so much that I worry about the ball being scratched up but one burr in a ball can tear the living shit out of a PF.

Any concerns with that?

I replace mine every 500 plays as well but you just don’t when a burr will show up?
I think it’s equally as bad as the t-nut to be honest and at peast on mine the washer has a sharper edge than the t-nut at map hole.

#12198 4 years ago

JJP should include a printed manual for all of us getting a new playfield, may come in handy at some point!

#12263 4 years ago

Found a little tiny small brown Phillips head screw sitting on my
Coinbox.
I’ve searched and can’t identify where it may have come from.

Any ideas?

#12265 4 years ago
Quoted from pingod:

Coin mechs maybe.

I’ll check those tomorrow, didn’t think of that.

#12267 4 years ago

Really strange occurance happened last night, first time in probably close to 1000 games played.

In a multiball and a ball got lost somewhere. Ball search didn’t find it, tilting didn’t find it and lifting PF didn’t reveal anything.

Wasn’t in the subway as I ran the other 4 balls through all the holes, don’t see it under the pearl and the BP vuk coil fires but don’t see a ball there either.

Any other odd spots it could get stuck?

#12269 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

See if a slingshot ate it. That's happened to me a couple times.

Thanks! Slingshot ate it somehow, never seen that before, lol.

#12270 4 years ago

Here is the small screw I found laying on my coinbox.

Doesn’t appear to be from the coin mech but can’t seem to locate where this type of hardware was used.

7E2FAA96-E978-43B8-AC0F-BC136B07A7EF (resized).jpeg7E2FAA96-E978-43B8-AC0F-BC136B07A7EF (resized).jpeg
2 months later
#13177 4 years ago

Any new rumors on final code update?

Would be nice for the holidays!

#13182 4 years ago
Quoted from heni1977:

Two things I am hoping for, Final wizard mode which I will most likely never achieve and a yo ho yo ho attract song!
How many folks on this thread would like to see a yo ho yo ho attract song?
You can simply vote with a up vote or down vote.

If Disney is as involved as much as many say they are in licensing and actually do care they should be begging JJP to put that in as an attract song.
Why on earth wouldn’t they, shit they even went as far as putting a hidden Mickey or two in the damn game.

#13185 4 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Would be nice but doesn't look like it. The game was announced over 2 years ago and the code remains on version .99...sigh. I know JJP said it will happen eventually but Stern also said the same thing about Ghostbusters code for nearly 3 years...

I’m amazed none of the computer wizards here haven’t found a way to add such a simple thing.

#13200 4 years ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

Okay, now I’m disappointed in myself for never thinking to look for hidden Mickeys in the game. Where are they?

Quoted from MurphyPeoples:

Where? I'd love to know. ; )

Start searching the PF. If you don’t find by later tonight I’ll give it up!

Let’s have a little fun with it, it’s hidden! Lol

#13201 4 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

I need to get back to work decrypting the hard drive. This is a great idea.

Whoever has success doing this will become mod maker of year.

The ability to add yo ho or a Pirates life for attract would put this over the top for good!

Like the WIlliams IJ and SW do.

#13215 4 years ago
Quoted from heni1977:

Ok now I am looking too!

Find them?

#13238 4 years ago
Quoted from Charliew65:

where are the hidden mickeys now?

The one that is 100% officially a hidden Mickey is on the spinning disk.

I’m now heading there may be 2 more but I’m not sure if they are real.

FYI..there are two on the Stern POTC as well!

#13240 4 years ago

If you find it post back!

#13253 4 years ago
Quoted from pcprogrammer:

Yep, makes no sense. This is the only pin I want to purchase right now. Nothing upcoming interests me from any company. My fear though is that they will give it the yellow woz treatment and mark them up to $11,500.
I wish they would announce another LE run of 500 games and keep them at $9,500.

License was for 3 years so unless this happens real soon it ain’t gonna happen.

1 week later
#13463 4 years ago
Quoted from cheshirefilms:

Don't miss the point. And it's not just Jack anymore With the black eye history of this product, If I were the JJP lawyer I'd counsel their board from making it again- at any price. Why go back into the lion's den when the company is doing just fine with Wonka and other future product? And I'm sure he has a good lawyer on retainer who probably already counseled the same.

I have to laugh with everyone saying money being left on the table.The game likely had a razor thin margin to begin with and now with all the replacements pf’s that they will be eating and should be shipping in next couple weeks of new year I don’t see how they can run more and potentially open up another can or worms. They wouldn’t budge on populated pf’s and this would piss many off.

They are also running out of time on the license as well and doubt they will pay more to extend assuming Disney would even allow it since all of the Johnny Depp BS popped up in the last year.

#13468 4 years ago
Quoted from dts:

Replacement playfields are on Mirco, not JJP, from what I was told. I haven't owned WOZ, but that seems pretty complicated as well and apparently makes money. Anyhow, it isn't happening currently.

This isn’t what I had heard but what do I know.

#13481 4 years ago
Quoted from GnarLee:

Didn’t Disney drop Depp all together. I seem to remember hearing that if another potc came out he would not be in it or any Disney movies hence forth.

He has been removed from the POTC franchise going forward and disney has scaled back on his merchandising at the parks etc...

Really a shame in my opinion, kind of an important character for this to happen.

1 week later
#13594 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Media room and pin room. It doesn't hold many pins, 3 currently.

Remove that sofa and you can likely fit 3-4 more, lol!

1 week later
#13747 4 years ago
Quoted from GnarLee:

Well there is issues with getting rewards before they are called out. For example light extra ball but it lights up before the fallout is made.
Bp gate has horrible logic and will close with ball on pearl and should open with boardings and does not
Pirate hat and parrot are almost non existent. Should have better trigger.
3 off top of head that I would consider bugs. Don’t get me started on ost super jackpots that are impossible. 2500 games and I’ve seen ost super like 3 times including games where that was my only goal to get super.

I agree on the pirate hat and parrot for sure, I’ve seen the hat just one time and never the parrot over hundreds of games played.

#13781 4 years ago

So attract mode callouts but no pirate jingle?

#13895 4 years ago

Someone needs to design some armor for the LE, it’s the one thing I can’t stand .

#13918 4 years ago
Quoted from dnaman:

What did you do to request or get on a list for a replacement playfield and what are the issues with your playfield?

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/potc-who-has-playfield-dimples-cracking-wear-around-star-posts-

#13920 4 years ago
Quoted from dnaman:

I have the rippling in mine and have added the posts just wasn't sure if I can get on a wait list for a PF. I ordered a backup for my WOZ as a just in case (lots of dimpling) but at least it isn't a clear coat issue.

You need to put a ticket in on the JJP site and likely submit the photos they ask for.

2 weeks later
#14183 4 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

harryhoudini and other pinball modders, I think this could be one hell of an amazing Pirates mod but I don't have the programming knowledge to pull it off. If someone can pull this maybe just sell me one of the mods at cost for the idea lol
I think that most of us Pirates owners would like to hear audio clips of the actors from the movies in the game. From what I've read there's no way to add this to existing code or add it using something like Pinball Browser for Stern games. However, maybe there is a way. What if a device running on Raspberry Pie could recognize specific sounds in the game and when heard play back a piece of audio? For example one of the chapters in the game is called "Wedding Day". When that sound is played the mod would detect it and play back a piece of audio from the film for that scene. A timer in the programming could then trigger for say 60 seconds (or time given to complete chapter mode) that recognizes additional sounds such as the individual character collect sounds and then plays back audio for that character from the scene. When the timer ends the mod knows that a specific chapter has ended or is completed.
This concept could even be taken further by using it for multiballs and wizard modes as there are specific callouts for those modes in the game. Really any audio could be played back based on what the mod detects. There's Gibbs callouts for each character when they are selected at game start. The mod could hear the character selected callout and then playback a piece of audio of the character from the films.
One time consuming part of this mod would be recording all the chapter start and character collect sounds. Then audio from the movies would need to be ripped out. There may be a gray area with licensing at that point but worse case individuals could always add the sounds themselves.
Something like this would probably be needed to tie inputs from the game and mod together so that both sources could play on the games factory speakers. Outputting the mod to its own mini speaker or something probably wouldn't sound as well.
amazon.com link »

Wasn’t someone working on a hack into the software?

#14205 4 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

I get that a lot too - still using the original sling rubber though. Does it only happen during the Tortuga multiball? It seems to only happen during that for me. I'm wondering if the slings get too extreme as a bug somehow.

I was wondering the same as my slings are set as low as the go and very randomly they will go haywire and fire one off the glass and up over to the drain or shooter lane.

#14208 4 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

I mentioned it to the beta testers because I thought it might just be in the new beta code, but no one spoke up. Must only be some people's pins and not others, but so far 3 people see that.

Will be interesting to see if anyone else experiences this. Doesn’t happen often but when it does, gets your attention for sure!

#14210 4 years ago

As someone who SHOULD REALLY own a Houdini but can't convince myself to give up a slot to put it in my room I can say the two reasons I don't are because the shots are rediculously hard which makes it less than fun and the animation/graphics are a slap in the face to the great Erich Weiss and Jean-Eugène Robert-Houdin. No but really, they suck horribly. A "chiller" font fluorescent turd.

There is definitely a momentum that gets going when they bounce off each other. I am going to bend my switches back and see if that helps. I would assume they aren't increasing in power through software but maybe it's just a mechanical frequency type thing of a ball getting shot back and forth between the two.

Report back after adjusting

1 week later
#14275 4 years ago

If the sum of all optional additional parts for the SE that are standard on the LE/CE are equal or greater than just buying an LE why not? An a la cart type entry level pin could be an interesting idea.

#14277 4 years ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

You’d likely be reducing profit while increasing costs. Increased costs would come from additional inventory management and labor on custom assembly for each machine, as well as increased risk of return/warranty issues from that custom/non-standardized assembly work.
Profit reduces because instead of making X% on the full LE/CE package you’re making X minus some percentage on every machine that doesn’t order all the options.
It would be customer friendly, but not as profitable so there’s a choice to be made there on how the business wants/needs to operate.

Ehhh, I think you over complicating it. People install all kind of crazy shit on their machines anyhow and as we’ve found out there really isn’t much of a warranty anyhow.

They wouldn’t need to change the way they do things on the line at all would be all after delivery but if a SE customer wants the spinning pirate jack up the price and sell it, doesn’t require extra inventory.

2 months later
#14916 3 years ago

What ground loop isolator seems to work best at eliminating the hiss/whine/buzz sound that is non stop during game play?

Easy install?

#14918 3 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

I believe POTC already includes one. Try *removing* it - it's usually at the back of the cabinet.

It does have one but it’s been reported they are poor quality and create this faint steady hissing/buzz sound.

I thought someone installed some sort of replacement that corrected this issue? Is it even necessary to have one installed?

#14921 3 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

My new gl came in today. I will install it after work. Fingers crossed.

What one did you order? Let me know if it works.

#14924 3 years ago
Quoted from arcadem:

I bought the one recommended by Lloyd (ltg), post 14920. The guru was spot on and it works great.

Perfect, will be ordering. The hissing noise is really irritating after a while.

#14931 3 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Installed it tonight and it didn't help. My audio still keeps going out.

My audio doesn’t go out or clip. Just a high pitch hum/hiss in background.

#14991 3 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

Lots of recent posts here. Going back to this one. I had (what sounds like) the same problem out of the box. If the audio randomly drops out, does it drop out with just using the headphones? If no, try to unplug the main headphone/volume control cable from the main board. Bottom right corner of the board. If then the audio drop outs go away, then it is the same as mine. Steve at JJP sent me a new harness for that and told me to run it down the right side of the pin away from the transformer. I did that, same results. I then put that harness into a cooper plated sheathing that is supposed to reduce EMF issues. That didn't work either. However moving it near or further from the speaker effected it I noticed. I gave up after messing with it for a few hours after that. I just have that harness disconnected on the main board. No headphones or volume control.
If you eventually find a solution, please PM me. Just sharing info if it is the same issue.

Are there two separate unrelated audio issues? I hear people talk about drops and clipping but I don’t think I’ve experienced that one. On mine I’m hearing this faint high pitch hiss/buzz sound. These don’t sound like the same issues, correct?

#14995 3 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

Nope. Unplugging it from the main board in the back box makes the sound clipping/drop out issue go away. Unplugging it from the front controls didn't affect it.

I don’t use the headphones ever...what is the easiest way to tackle this hissing sound? New ground loop isolator isn’t necessarily the fix ? Unplugging something is the more likely correct fix?

#15000 3 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

This hissing and hum is usually the ground loop isolator. If you have another JJP pin, try swapping that gizmo and see if the problem follows it.

Swap isn’t an option. Don’t have any other JJp machines.

#15019 3 years ago

Anyone have a photo of where I may find the ground loop isolator to unplug to eliminate the hissing sound? Removed the backglass but not seeing anything like that.

#15022 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Black square along the right edge of the backbox. If you bypass it noise -will- go up. Ideally try replacing it with another.

Ok I see it on top right hand side. Looks like it goes in behind the metal cover, I’m guessing that will need to come off?

It’s not worth trying without having the isolator, I didn’t receive my replacement yet. Could have sworn someone said they unplugged and it worked.

#15025 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

I think the unplug statement was to unplug the other end that goes to the coin door headphone jack. Many have had good result simply unplugging that end. My personal Guess.... as a few pointed out simply moving around the playfield made it better or worse. As this is a low end audio cable I suspect the routing of said cable from the back box to the front of the game is part of the issue. To close to the power supply, to close to the large speaker magnet etc may be creating unique interference issues with the signal. Seems like (assumed!) a better shielded audio cable or moving it around away from power sources might be helpful as some don't have an issue other do. Again, I am Not an audio guy so these are simply observations/suggestions.

I will take a look at the cable routing for sure. Didn’t think of the speaker magnet potentially, with everything opened up it seems more of the distortion or hum/hiss is from the large speaker.

I guess in addition to checking out the cable routing to see if it’s near power supply or speaker. The headphone jack is the easiest to get at. Am I unplugging this at the jack end on front of cab or other end somewhere?

#15027 3 years ago

Doesn’t appear to be the headphone jack, unplugged the connector on back side of jack and don’t make a difference.

Sounds like the lower pitched hum might actually be coming from the power supply and not the lower speaker. I know power supplies make some humming but this is louder than any of my other machines.

The higher pitch hiss I hear is coming through the upper speakers and ever so slightly from the lower.

Any additional thoughts?

#15029 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Sorry I don't have any advice on that one. #Zaphx did have some kind of similar issue with the power supply so he may advise or its in this thread.

It’s a tough sound to isolate since it’s two distinct sounds I’m hearing at the same time.

The hum could be behind the metal cover in backbox as well, you can hear it when you stick your head in there behind the display but it could be coming up from below as well.

The hiss is definitely in the speakers, I will replace the isolator and see if I can at least get rid of that. More annoying type of sound.

4 weeks later
#15163 3 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

POTC is by far the best game in my collection, but I wish it had more of a "disney" feel to it, like that smell when you enter the ride.. maybe a shot of some mist in the face when you start a multi ball or hit something.

That would be cool!

All I really need is the ride song for attract mode and I’ll be thrilled.

2 months later
#15484 3 years ago
Quoted from arzoo:

I find that Norrington is a great for rushing the wizard modes; he makes it much easier and faster to complete each chapter (although at a lower value).

Tia Dalma has been my go to for getting a wizard mode since you could select chapters from specific movies but I could potentially see Norrington being a decent option as well since you don’t need to hit the shots to complete chapters. Little more random though.

1 month later
#15740 3 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

So has anybody .. like EVER ... gotten a pirate hat/patch? It has not happened even ONE time on my game. Just checked. Literally not once. Is this not a real feature?

I wish there was an adjustment for this but apparently it’s a combination of camera/ face angle and distance. I’ve stood closer recently while entering initials and tilted head down slightly and all of a sudden I’m getting hats and eye patches. Thought someone said there is a parrot too but haven’t seen that yet.

On another note, we ever going to get this long awaited code update? Makes me hesitant to pull trigger on GNR.

#15743 3 years ago
Quoted from Green-Machine:

I hear the new updated Code has added to the photos not only a beard but multiple mug shots of pinsiders who have complained about not getting the code update.

It’s long over due, spend this much money you want it finished sooner than later.

Will GNR get the same treatment with code?

#15755 3 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

GNR is shipping with complete code (1.0+), Wonka shipped with complete code too.

So the final wizard is in GNR?

Any word on Pirates? I sure hope they revisit that.

#15757 3 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

I believe so. There are a few posts of people making it there. The word I heard for Joe and Keith directly is that it wasn't abandoned and will get finished. I think that they just need the time and they want to do it right and not just "check the box" as completed. Since new games ship with completed code (per Pat), those are higher priority. I'm waiting with every Pirates owner. I may never get to the final wizard mode, but I can wait for their good work. It may take a while for GNR to die down a bit. Keith, Joe, and the team will come through.

Well at least if it’s coded in and after years of ownership we don’t get close, we can always pop the glass off to give it a go! Lol

#15760 3 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

So there are 2-3 different hats you can get, a eye patch.

Anyone have a photo of the parrot on the shoulder? I haven’t seen that one yet.

1 month later
#16034 3 years ago

Does GNR have the final wizard mode coded in?

If yes, that’s total f’ing horse shit!

#16037 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Do you think Pinside brigading and tanking the sales had anything to do with it?

No

2 months later
#16292 3 years ago
Quoted from RTS:

Look, it's a great achievement to reach the mini wizard modes, but they still felt lackluster. They lack an introductory fanfare to create the excitement.
The music and lightshow didn't stand out at all. The animations reminded me of Houdini. They're fine, but they're far from amazing. Even B/W games fake shut-off and rapidly replay animations.
I love the game, but don't overstate these modes. I think the sound and video from scoring an extra ball is better than the Kraken tentacles.
Compare to music and lighting for "There and Back Again" or "Destroy the Ring" from LOTR. I can remember those. POTC mini wizard modes are not on the same level.

I think it’s a combination of the lack of any POTC assets and the animations for those modes are a bit basic compared to the video clips you see through the game.

I thought there was some polish planned for these in the rumored update along with the grand finale among other things.

Hopefully it happens.

#16311 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

POTC looks empty compared to GnR? whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat?
Oh kids said that.....ok. I'll pass on making any comments haha
I own GnR- the lights trick you into thinking there is a lot. There sadly isn't.

POTC is a much much better shooting game, empty? That made me laugh too.

They put so much shit in that game that it’s likely part of the reason they stopped making them.

#16336 3 years ago

I’m always open to an offer, you just never know!

#16347 3 years ago
Quoted from woody76:

Everybody trying to cash in, they flying out of game rooms. "Mine is bolted to the floor, well unless I get fucking retarded money". this hobby is so ridiculous.

You can get 3-4 really good games for that kind of money and variety is the spice of life.

The more of these I see the more tempted I get.

#16370 3 years ago

I think only way I’d get rid of mine would be for a 2 for 1 or 3 for 1 trade.

#16397 3 years ago
Quoted from attack7777:

I'd have a pretty hard time saying no if someone offered me 20k for my LE. I love the game, but that's a LOT of money.

That’s kind of my dilemma, don’t really want to get rid of and don’t really want the cash but if I was able to find the right trade for a couple games where it was a one stop trade deal id probably do it.

#16399 3 years ago
Quoted from Time:

Looks like 14 for sale right now. Who is actually paying that money? There can't be enough buyers to sustain this price.

Sure there is, some would rather have a POTC than 3-4 other pins scattered over a couple a months. Shit, there’s people on here that buy every single game released.

1 week later
#16424 3 years ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

Bummer, I watched it a bit and didn’t see anything major but I didn’t watch long

Yep..nothing jumped out at me either.

1 week later
#16458 3 years ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

I have a new playfield coming. I asked if I’ll get it with the rerun. They said no and no on the rerun so I’ll keep waiting. I guess they could be not telling me but I have to wait longer for my playfield. That was clear

They wait for a certain number of claims to send the PF’s, no idea what the threshold is for them to start sending them though.

#16461 3 years ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

Yeah, sounded like they get them from Germany or something

Correct, they can’t order them one at a time

#16493 3 years ago
Quoted from jurulz:

So hitting the right ramp should be kinda easy right? Not 1 shot out of 8?
Previous owner tell me that the left flipper was stuck previously, I'll take a look at the mechs itself.
Also does JJP picky with the warranty even if i'm not the orginal NIB owner?

Should be easy, I can even back hand it pretty easily.

11 months later
#17470 2 years ago
Quoted from moat-pin:

Have had POTC for 6 months and got first ever hat and eye patch on a picture. I honestly thought this was like a “9th green at 9” prank that you guys started. Can’t believe it’s real lol

When I had my game I noticed if I tilted my head down slightly during photo capture it happened more frequently.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Smithtown, NY
24,999 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Frisco, TX
$ 26.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

Wanted
$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 41.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 38.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Electronics
Skillshot Combo

Playfield - Protection
Pin Monk

$ 49.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 35.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 39.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

432 posts in this topic match your search for posts by psw757. You are on page 2 of 2.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider psw757.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-pirates-of-the-caribbean-official-owners-and-fan-club/page/2?tu=psw757 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.