(Topic ID: 200141)

JJP Pirates of the Caribbean Official Owners and Fan Club!

By goren1818

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 18,885 posts
  • 633 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 31 hours ago by Buzzie
  • Topic is favorited by 284 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pirates2 (resized).jpg
IMG_2296 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2297 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2298 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2299 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2301 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2300 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
20240330_165232 (resized).jpg
POTC_Mods_annotated (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2024-03-29 at 12.02.54 PM (resized).png
17117301082711484468150429261795 (resized).jpg
20240329_160033 (resized).jpg
431321214_1110342276953195_8816628931148154685_n (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223442061 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223435586 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

20 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider joseph5185.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

436 posts in this topic match your search for posts by joseph5185. You are on page 2 of 2.
#7997 5 years ago

Different clear coat on CE? Wouldn’t that be lucky, but it doesn’t seem likely...does it?

#8000 5 years ago
Quoted from Av8:

I scored an LE! Im thinking the SE will sell out soon also. Debating buying both and sitting on SE NIB. Top 5 pin IMO. 120 plus modes 20 plus characters and plunder opponents score. Loop shot. This will be my first JJP LE.
Wonka not my style but look forward to playing it.

Top 5...
Top 3...
Top 2?

Hell...simply the “best” pin.

Incomparably good as someone elegantly mentioned.

#8001 5 years ago
Quoted from Av8:

I scored an LE! Im thinking the SE will sell out soon also. Debating buying both and sitting on SE NIB. Top 5 pin IMO. 120 plus modes 20 plus characters and plunder opponents score. Loop shot. This will be my first JJP LE.
Wonka not my style but look forward to playing it.

And you failed to mention the number of multiballs, the “board game” within the game with Liar’s dice. The 17...17 diverters.

The number of wizard modes...

And the list goes on and on...

#8004 5 years ago
Quoted from harryhoudini:

Ack. I haven't even figured out most of this stuff. 800k is my best so far, so much to learn!

I only have like 114k so far, but haven’t played in about 2 weeks due to needing to address things and time contention.

#8006 5 years ago

Case in point...you really can’t argue this game not being simply the best.

#8009 5 years ago

The amount of knowledge I have learned and continue to learn is almost as mesmerizing as playing the game itself.

#8023 5 years ago

People commented that it doesn't feel like a wide body and I agree...

It feels very different from say TH.

#8024 5 years ago
Quoted from Av8:

Ever major shot has a diverter. The compass! The Gold Button. But to me it is the best shooting widebody ever. The shots are the foundation of a great pin. And POTC delivers huge. The shot to the hole/subway under the flipper ala TZ. Loop shot similar to ...Steve Ritchie pin?) This thing makes LOTR rules look simple.

THE CE has a different playfield with Davy Jones. I was tempted to go CE.

The mini-playfield ... how could we forget to mention that??

What doesn't it have ...

#8025 5 years ago

Anyone think code 1.0 will allow you to fire the ball with the gold button as an alternative to always using the plunger.

That would be kinda cool.
Though I'm pretty sure anyone who is serious is going to go for those skill shots.

#8026 5 years ago

I see why they call it PayPal now.

It really is your pal.

I have ordered so much stuff for this game from like 5 different companies and it's so seamless with PayPal. Every. Single. Time.

#8030 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Isn't there a setting for that on the system menu?
It's also nice to see that jjPotC has continued the stacked skill shots that Dialed In had, but they need to make more of a fuss about it when you make each new stack.
Also, the camera can shoot video, so it would be funny to have short clips of people watching when they manage to blow up the Dauntless. I bet some of the ones are great the first time they see it.

I don’t know! But will check for sure! That’s pretty cool if that’s true.

Speaking of the camera, I don’t always get the best mug shots. Does it snap a pic IMMEDIATELY after hitting end or ? I feel like I’m looking down a lot of times...

#8032 5 years ago
Quoted from Breger1:

Joining the club, purchased SE! Didn’t want to miss out due to LE unavailability, I’m sure I will enjoy it

Welcome aboard!

#8034 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

It does a hotdog/not hotdog pass on the photo, and if it thinks you're showing your dick, flashing tits, or flipping it off etc , OR it's super blurry or bad quality, it will just use a generic shot maybe from earlier in the game or (on Dialed In it did this) a placeholder nothing photo. I try to pose a bit before hitting the action button on the last letter to snap the pic and that works pretty well.

Haha

#8057 5 years ago

Let me ask here.

Do "most" of you install those sling mylars (ya know, the half moon thingys) ...

I particular don't want to as that's like my favorite action on a pin and I think it would be affected by this -- even if only marginally.

#8058 5 years ago
Quoted from Breger1:

I purchased an SE last night, and I'll be happy with it. I'll order a shaker motor and consider changing white GIs to color SMDs, maybe a few of them and see if I like it. Happy with my decision.

Of course!

You're going to OWN Pirates...

Sure, it's not LE/CE ... but these are really first world problems at the end of the day.

Let us know what your initial experience is when it arrives.

#8061 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Do what makes You comfortable. Are they needed? No. In my opinion these stopped being needed back in the day when diamond plate and clear coats were added which is why you can see the industry stopped using them. Again, some like to protect the game as if they were going to play 24/7 with gravel balls but others just enjoy what was presented as is.

Haha!

I love your responses.

Noted!!

#8063 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I do not. I just wax frequently. Never had a wear problem.

Beautiful!

And I might add -- it doesn't look very aesthetically pleasing (says the guy who has steel washers under the sling posts -- but "I" didnt' do it and am working on customizing).

I know they are clear, but IMO, it doesn't even look like they belong there. In other places like holes or w/e, it is "okay."

#8065 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Not stupid if you don't know.
Lift playfield up and pull out and rest on front of cabinet.
See the ball trough ? See the open end where balls drop in from the playfield ? See the end with the coil that kicks balls into play ?
Stick the pointy ends into the open end of the ball trough. Shove in. Lays on bottom, ears on the end of the shim kind of lock into the open end of the ball trough.
Simple 5 second procedure once you sort it out.
LTG : )

I'm sure damn near everything is "simple" for you, Lloyd. =)

#8067 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Not always.
I do try and explain so the person can figure it out and get it done as easy as possible.
Always a learning experience. Every day a new adventure.

Couldn't agree more!

#8077 5 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

I've started working at least 12 hours of overtime each week, to make these games a viable option.

LOVE!

And much respect.

The ones that REALLY want it always seem to find a way. I'm not rich either, by no means - just very fortunate, blessed, and lucky for the time being and extremely humble.

It's just so damn cool to say you own one of these things...or more. I told someone at Best Buy earlier today and he just lit up with awe. How did this conversation possibly take place? Well, you see, I'm desiring to turn one of my spare bed rooms into a "mini" theatre. (I had an actual large size room all planned for it, but my love for pocket billiards is great). Well anyways, I was chatting about different tvs and ya know how they always have those pictures and videos playing that just look surreal? Well one of them was a pinball machine...like the ball rolling around and what not and I took note of it and the rest is history.

My "biggest" thing was just a rare flipper issue which I have the replacement parts for. I have just been lazy, reluctant, and frankly...busy. I just moved into my new home last October and there's always 2038438 things that need to get done it seems.

I'm REALLY LOOKING FORWARD to spending some quality time with this thing and knock out the "issues" that I have. BP flippers. Tighten loose flippers. Level. Install mods including disc silencer kit. Clean and Wax. Work on the plunger assembly. Work on the audio.

And THEN (I think), I can PLAY. I'll very happily keep you all very informed on my progress and probably even share some photos when it's all said and done.

GOOD times ahead!

#8078 5 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

YES! Just play and enjoy. It's not gonna stay perfect forever, but that's not why you bought it. (If it is, just leave it in the box and it will stay perfect forever.)

I agree and so I'm definitely going to have fun while playing it. And again, home collection, so it should be good for a "very" long time with proper maintenance and care.

#8083 5 years ago

IMO, it’s hard to not like and appreciate this game if you like pinball like that.

Like, I’m not a Pirates fan. Not in the slightest... Okay?

This game is just special...

#8084 5 years ago

How do you guys feel about the company that produced TNA?

#8190 4 years ago

I just wanted to take a second to echo my sentiments regarding Automated Services.

They are life savers - to me!

I was able to secure a JJP POTC CE when no one else had them (or if they did - EXTREMELY limited quantities)

And then - my second machine (pending arrival) CGC - AFMr - LE - Black
Again, PRETTY MUCH the only ones I could find who even had AFM LE in the first place.

Both times I have worked with Kayla.

---------------------------------------------

Regarding my "diary" on POTC - I plan on sharing some very exciting and constructive updates after this weekend. Frankly, I'm still waiting on some stuff to come in.

I'm a technical person but not so much mechanical, but I would say my mechanical skills are growing by the day - thanks to this machine.

I think it goes without saying, but I have immensely appreciated every. single. post. directed at helping me with the "issues" I have ran into either on this thread or the newly created maintenance one.

To list a few - shout outs to - zaphX pinballinreno Yelobird Psw757 PinMonk LTG wesman and I apologize if I absently left anyone else out.

Thank you again!

=)

#8209 4 years ago

I have these reusable velcro ties I have never really found a good use for.

I think when it comes time to remove the BP, I'll just cut all the zip ties (as I get some are too tight in the first place) and replace with these.

#8235 4 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

4 hours no post bump.

Now that's funny.

I guess we won't let this thread not be on fire.

Haha

#8238 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Try Barbossa who lets you brick your jackpot/super jackpot shots. You can get At World’s End multiball going, then bang the 2X target over and over.

Brick?

#8248 4 years ago

If the "goal" is to just "play it" and not look for problems, then I would almost advise NOT looking at the other maintenance thread.

Yea, they are legitimate issues, but if not affecting you then it goes without saying that you are looking for problems vs enjoying the game.

Just my 2 cents...

#8249 4 years ago

So nay on star posts?

Is that the verdict or did I miss something?

#8251 4 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Best bet to just use the clear washers from Pinball Life right now under the stock posts as a preventative measure?

Are you referring to PETG washers?
I'm asking because I happen to know they are working very well without any signs of wear to the playfield underneath them after weeks of testing.

#8264 4 years ago

As others have stated, 3/4” for the washers around the sling posts.

#8265 4 years ago
Quoted from tatapolus:

I just had a crazy game and need to share. On ball one I started a couple multiballs, had x3 Playfield on and started Arrr Frenzy. Then a mystery award gave me 6x playfield. I shot the spinners nicely and got some jackpots from the different multiball. And suddenly I had 6 Millions. Arrr Frenzy alone was over 2 Millions. So much fun. But because I was laughing so much I screwed up the other two balls what a great fun game. But it is quite rare to get 6x playfield right? Normally it takes quite some Pirates award and then you still have to hit the 6x target.
[quoted image][quoted image]

That’s the highest I have seen by far.

Damn...

Any mods physically or gameplay wise to achieve this?

#8266 4 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

My concern regarding washers...The slingshot rubbers are now at a higher elevation. Wouldn't this cause more downward force on the ball? This might cause premature wear in locations where the ball meets rubber.

I had this same concern.

I was one of the “lucky” ones who had metal washers already installed.

When my PETG washers come in, I can compare the difference in thickness and report back.

For sure, the metal washers will be thinner, but by how much?

#8269 4 years ago

Probably by about half, the PETG are pretty thick. The nylon washers I ordered from Marco were the thinnest and closest to the diameter they had, might be another option. I think the thinnest was .03".

I hate that something this “simple” is even a concern in the first place, but here we are.

#8272 4 years ago

I find it sort of interesting that at this point in their existence it is an issue, but yes, here we are. From what I think I understand it's not JJP making the playfields, so might not be their cause, could be Mirco. Mine has probably been played quite a bit more than the others here but 8 months of play should not have chipping on the playfield, not even the gouging should really be acceptable at this price point IMHO.

Not sure about gouging in this context, but agree.

ESPECIALLY if your machine is HUO.

#8290 4 years ago

Titan also has a correct kit already made up (through community submission) with all the components properly chosen.

That’s pretty awesome...

#8322 4 years ago

The game is already crazy loud. An amp!?

Now if you’re saying it’s just a cleaner sound then I’m onboard. (See what I did there..)

Also, the sub goes INTO the cab?

Wouldn’t that create too much vibration?

I like this idea..

#8324 4 years ago
Quoted from PinWoofer:

The amp will cause vibrations if the power is increased excessively (which this little amp can certainly do) but its surprising how much bass you can get before crossing this threshold. The goal is to provide an integrated install and high tonal quality. Experiment and find the the right balance. It's impossible to describe the sound, but the feedback has been very good. Our kits provide deep, clean bass that you can hear loudly and clearly and feel in your hands. You can read through the "New Amplified Subwoofer Kits by PinWoofer" thread where there is a lot of customer feedback and related discussion. Thanks

I appreciate the response.

In other words, the amp can definitely reduce or eliminate the “muddiness” of the mids/highs which I have certainly heard.

And bass is a thing, too.

Awesome!

#8327 4 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

This game benefits greatly from a nice sub and amp kit. I test installed the PinWoofer kit on mine and it was great. I removed it though as I’m using it for a stern spike install on my Star Wars as that game DESPERATELY needs a sound upgrade. But I plan to order two more PinWoofer kits, one for my POTC and one for AFMr. I bet POTC with a full upgraded sound system including backbox would be amazing!!

Aye! I’ll have AFMr this Wednesday!

#8331 4 years ago
Quoted from arzoo:

I know! The consensus seems to be that it's not difficult to put up mil+ games. Yet I can't seem to do it. Maybe it's the way mine is tuned or maybe I just suck lol!

Just physically mod the left lane like others have already done.

You’ll diminish the challenge AND score higher! =P

#8334 4 years ago
Quoted from arzoo:

See, that's the thing, I don't want to diminish the challenge. I'd rather just complain about it

Agreed!

Well... I don’t really want to conplain about it. =P

If it makes you feel any better, my high score is only currently like 113k.

Granted, I only have around 30 plays on it maybe.

#8345 4 years ago
Quoted from arzoo:

Hmmmm, I've never seen that happen.

Maybe cause you can only get into the 100k range ... =D

Haha

Kidding...

#8359 4 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

I added an external sub (as I typically do), but otherwise I'm good too.

Is the external sub located inside the pin, under the pin, beside the pin?

#8368 4 years ago

I like how some chapters have like 3 characters and others have 10.

It's DEF surprising when characters fill up across the entire screen when hitting a chapter.

"Woah..."

#8371 4 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

That sound effect is deadly magic. Definitely one of the reasons I wanted to own it. Literally Pavlovian.

Haha. It's pretty great!

#8373 4 years ago

"Collect the gold!!!"
How many times have I taken my hand off a flipper to watch the ball drain. Talk about pavlovian.

It's one thing to hit the button with one hand and a completely different thing to try and hit it with the other hand - ya know, the hand that you wouldn't naturally hit it with all the while trying to make a split-second decision on which hand to choose as the ball is zinging towards the flippers.

Good times!

#8374 4 years ago

I mean, damn, there's enough skill in being cognizant of which letters in P-I-R-A-T-E you have lit up and watching how your flipping which of course is changing what is highlighted...

I mean...if you "care" about the P-I-R-A-T-E rewards.. =)

#8378 4 years ago

I'm apparently bad at those split second decisions, lol. I have been mainly waiting to trap the ball to hit the button now... I'm ok with getting less gold over a drain on my 200k point games, lol.

I’m not even at 200k...yet!

#8401 4 years ago
Quoted from lexi:

Hi All, POTC CE is now enabled on Pinside at https://pinside.com/pinball/machine/pirates-of-the-caribbean-ce (standard and LE were the only options before today).
"Those who engage in acts of piracy are called pirates"

Thanks. Updated!

#8402 4 years ago

Pirates is creeping up in that Top 100! ...

Almost 5th, 4th, etc..
I think it's fun to track this.

We already know this is the "best" game on depth alone...but yea.

#8407 4 years ago
Quoted from lexi:

Review your CE

I did!

Weeks ago! lol

#8416 4 years ago

You don't realize how HEAVY this playfield is until you get something like AFMr.

Wow! ...

#8431 4 years ago

Let me ask once —

For anyone who installed the tilt bob, did you use any material to slow it down so unnecessary additional 2nd, 3rd tilts don’t follow immediately and cause almost an auto-tilt/foul.

I know using an ear bud is one trick, but I was just curious. My AFMr came with an interesting piece of metal that apparently was common on all newer Bally’s at the time.

I was wondering if using this same item on POTC could work nicely.

Suppose I can just try it and report back.

Thanks!

https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/20-10289

#8438 4 years ago

I know it’s covered. I know you used an earplug. I know it worked.

That wasn’t the point. =\

#8440 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

So, what was?

To learn if anyone tried anything else. And, more specifically, I was curious about the piece that I linked that came with the other game.

Like i said, I’ll just try it and see how it goes.

#8445 4 years ago
Quoted from lexi:

The UK dealer for POTC has stated that they are taking orders for LE's this year as "another batch was being manufactured".
Can anyone tell me what the original batch run was for POTC LE?
Looking at WW the LE numbers are at 5000, that sounds like a lot!

Woah!

#8448 4 years ago

My flipper power is lower than stock (I'm out of town, can't look but I know I turned them down due to Malestrom flyouts) and I constantly can't make the Tortuga hole. The ball is perfectly hit, goes "over" the hole and kicks right back out (not the coil). Emailed Steve at JJP and he immediately got back to me, sending out the updated part. Woo! That will be a much welcome fix.

Fascinating. My flipper power is at default and I do not have shots flying out of the Malestrom. I know that setting the flipper power too high can cause this, of course.

Curious if you have any device which will let you measure the exact current/voltage coming from the outlet supplying power to your game. "Should be" 120v right but maybe it's a little more...or a little less and that provides explanation/reasoning as to why some make adjustments to some things and some do not.

#8455 4 years ago

Happy to report no issues with Tortuga hole either — without Cliffy’s atm.

#8460 4 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

I got fed up when I had 779 gold built up and was rejected 3 times in a row then drain. All after 15 loops, game over.

779 gold...

OMG!

I need to play this game more! Haha I have yet to see 100 gold.

#8463 4 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

It was by far the most I’ve had and was furious with the rejected tortuga shots!

Just out of random curiosity -- can I assume you were at least focused on collecting gold on this particular run?

#8466 4 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Think I hit the loop 15 times in a row then a hit to the gold targets and there was 600+ from that alone. Followed by me bricking the tortuga shot 3 times in a row and draining! Lol
Sure was fun while it lasted.

15 loops in a row.. oh my goodness.

I think my record is 4! Haha

#8467 4 years ago

Generally, after a few loops, that next “loop” somehow lands me on the BP.

It’s my assumption that I’m just not quick enough when attempting that next loop and that’s what lands me on the BP instead.

#8471 4 years ago
Quoted from Schabs81:

I've also had this even after first plung I'll loop it once and almost seems like magnet grabs it on second loop

It's either accuracy or you just have to be fast ... or both.

You know when you hit that loop because that ball feeds that flipper again almost instantly...

#8497 4 years ago

So... if I turn on ball saves I can score 10M?

Holy F that's a HIGH score!

And you didn't know the rules...that doesn't even make sense..

Is this real!??

#8498 4 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

I’ve been told by several sources that not all 200 were made so who really knows.

What!?

That seems crazy... I'm guessing a "majority" of them were.

#8501 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I guess we need a recent CE owner to see what the blue marker number is under their PF.

Hmm.. I MAY be one of the more recent CE owners... 12/27/18.

#8505 4 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

What’s the number under PF?

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#8539 4 years ago

Pretty fascinating conversation.

You guys REALLY want to know how many are out there or going to be out there, yea?

#8567 4 years ago
Quoted from lexi:

yes it does as you generally pay more for exclusivity, so yes it does count.

Yep. Pretty evident with CEs. Haha

#8582 4 years ago

You think if I can't be bothered to read the manual I'm going to go to the exhausting trouble to find a video on youtube?
I honestly had no idea it was some sort of game outside of POTC. Thanks!

Ditto!

Wow!

My gf said some version of Liar’s Dice has probably existed as long as dice has which dates back to ancient Egypt - possibly as early as 6,000 BC.

Fascinating.

#8584 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Wait a minute. You have a girl friend ????
What forum are you posting on about that relationship ? I've got to read that.

Ha! 0.

#8586 4 years ago

Funny guy... =P

#8613 4 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Anyone do anything with the spare mylar? Where does it go?
[quoted image]

Most people put the square Mylar under the lock bar. I did.

The sling Mylar (half-moons) are for the slings. I did not.

Some used it for the BP. I did not.

Hope it helps!

#8626 4 years ago

I thought there was an issue with Elizabeth...

#8629 4 years ago

Sorry. What exactly is "HSTD"?

#8634 4 years ago

Or selecting character doesn't trigger flippers.

#8734 4 years ago

Not trying to throw anyone under the bus, but like I said I've never once gotten a reply from that form. No notice that I had a ticket open (with a ticket id or the like) and no response. Maybe I'm an anomaly. I can say my direct emailing with JJP staff has been relatively responsive.

I'm sure you have checked your Spam folder and if so, that's odd...

#8736 4 years ago

Sounds like others are, so maybe it's limited to me. I run my own hosting company and manage our spam cloud engine so somewhat unlikely that it got caught but not out of question.

It's entirely plausible that there was an actual server issue when you went to submit your ticket. Unlikely, but possible and I don't think that's something they would have advertised.

Try it now and see what happens?

#8742 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Dimpling is just noise that people complain about on all pins and ignored.

HAHA

#8744 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Top of the bubble at the second line from the bottom.

On the subject of leveling?

Any "tips" to help level? This is a very heavy pin and I may just need more people. I'm at about 6.2, but been working to get it to 6.5. I think 6.5 is pretty much the universal accepted standard.

#8748 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I just use a crowbar (with cloth over the tip, otherwise it will dig into the powdercoating on the underside of the leg) to raise the legs one at a time so I can raise/lower the feet. I'm usually solo, so this works reliably and with a minimum of effort.
You can also test side to side level with a pinball. Put it on the top edge of the lockdown bar in the middle. If it doesn't roll, you're level. If it does, raise the side it's rolling toward until it doesn't roll.

Very good! I was thinking maybe a jack or something, but didn't know if that was a bit extreme.

#8749 4 years ago
Quoted from JustLikeMe:

Isn’t the game designed so that if all the levellers are all the way in, it’s naturally at 6.5?

I have heard this, but I'm not sure. I heard Jack specifically state this on DI. On hardfloor maybe, but I'm on carpet so that changes things.

#8753 4 years ago
Quoted from cheshirefilms:

This goes to the correct pitch question not the levelers. It depends on the game. For example anything less than 7 on Monster Bash Remake pretty much plays like garbage, as in, ball goes STDM from right bumpers and sometimes gets stuck going up the left ramp
My POTC LE is at 6.75 and plays nice.

How does "that work"?

Like, do you play a handful of games and if it doesn't "feel" right change the ptich? Rinse and repeat until it feels right.

I sort of want the "widely" accepted pitch which I understand is top of bubble at the second line from top (6.5 I do believe), but just trying to gauge how much anyone actually cares...

#8760 4 years ago

Useful.

"Although six-and-a-half to seven degrees are recommended for the front-to-back tilt of a pinball machine, you may use a range of six to nine degrees slant. The reason for the relatively wide range is that game play is solely dependent upon personal preference. In general, the greater the slant, the faster the game will play."

Looks like some like to go in-between 6.5 and 7 for something like 6.75.

Edit: Hmm... 7 is my favorite number after all. =D

#8762 4 years ago
Quoted from arzoo:

That's good news. Just a note, you can always double-flip to release the ball from the star map. If only one chapter is available the release will work anytime (immediately). If there's more than one chapter available you have to wait until the random selection is complete. Either way, when you double-flip to release, the magnet always seems to pull the ball up and prevent SDTM from happening, at least that's the way it works on my setup.

For fun, since we want to continue discussing SDTM for the Chapter Select (and yes, I'll take note of how often this happens to me as well once I'm playing).

What is your level/pitch at?

I'm trying to understand if it's more susceptible at a shallow or steeper incline? Though I would think it would just matter left to right what your level is as far as SDTM.

Are you "positive" your game is 100% level?

The games I did play ... I cannot remember one instance of SDTM from Chapter Select ... and my game is NOT level yet.

Anyway...

#8764 4 years ago
Quoted from Maide:

Finally got the game unboxed and in the house late last night. I haven't adjusted anything yet, but I've already figured out som things that need fixing. I need to adjust some switches (I get 30 points everytime I use the left flipper ), figure out how to adjust the monitor (it's sagging a bit on the right side), and adjust the ship ramp (balls are sometimes getting stuck here). Overall it plays pretty well out of the box!
If anyone has any tips for adjusting the backboard monitor, I didn't see that one in the troubleshooting/tech tips thread. The right side is slightly lower than the left, and looks funny when the backglass is on.

The ship one is "easy." Simply, tighten down the upper right ramp screw near the ship. It's sitting on a pressure washer and once tightened enough, it will create the angle so that the ball cannot get stuck.

#8769 4 years ago
Quoted from moTiv8:

Update installed and after 4 weeks i did not played this Pin i am thrilled now to press the Start Button

You got me beat by a week or so. =P

#8772 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

It looks like I'm going to have to remove the Pearl and a bunch of plastic guardwork soon; this rubber is about to die from love and heavy home use.
I don't guess there is a shortcut I am missing other than tearing it all down?[quoted image]

Have you taken her off yet?

I don't guess there's a workaround...

#8773 4 years ago

zaphX

How many games have you logged thus far?

#8775 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I lost the count because I failed to dump them before upgrading to 0.99 but it was around 2000 games and 6500 balls.

You could of just said "more than you..."

=P

Fair enough...

#8777 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

You don't play your game, you just break it.

Sighs. I couldn’t help the BP flipper issue. =(

#8780 4 years ago
Quoted from PsychoPsonic:

No shortcut I know of. The Titan I put in to replace the original left chapter rubber is starting to chew up at that spot too. Looks like this is going to be a regular swap for all of us...

I’m pretty sure the original rubbers are Titan. (Not the flippers...)

#8782 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I kid. But if you played a few games in between posts on Pinside you might put up an impressive score.

I plan on it!

#8789 4 years ago

I don't think it's ridiculous...

I want a WOZ!

#8796 4 years ago

White wood?

#8798 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

That is what the people building the game call the first one, or first models. Bare wood, limited art work if any, limited inserts if any, home made ramps, etc. etc. As they start seeing how it looks, shot layouts, potential problem areas.
A white wood is usually playable too, though may have limited software.
And a white wood often is in a different cabinet. The Cirqus Voltaire white wood was in a Scared Stiff cabinet. Red Line Fever was in a Big Bang Bar cabinet.

Thanks for all that.

#8801 4 years ago

Wow! That’s pretty cool.

Gotta start somewhere, right?

#8808 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinballomatic:

Try Rufus instead of unetbootin for making the stick.

Hard to say honestly.

Probably a corrupt partition on the file system itself.
Maybe easier to simply get another stick. They practically give them away these days...

#8809 4 years ago
Quoted from SuperMas77:

Can you post a picture of the screw you are referencing?

Sure. Sorry. I tried to be specific, but it's definitely kinda hidden.

#8813 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

I'd listen to him. He's a JJP tech.

I am a computer engineer...FWIW.

I do know some things in that space...

Edit: No pun intended.
I also previously worked at NetApp...so yea. =)

#8815 4 years ago

I guarantee you hard drive recovery software will be far more expensive than another thumb drive.

Anyways, moving on...

#8838 4 years ago
Quoted from GnarLee:

Oh and while were on coils this is what I changed. Flippers stock at 22 and 25. bump down the left and right slings a couple notches (gets rid of most of the airballs from slings) and chest release timer from 3 to 2. Have considered bumping the pop bumpers down, but kinda like it when ball goes crazy up there. I also put on extra ball for points (at first its a little ridiculous getting a extra ball at 75k but it goes up quickly was up to 700k on .98 ) and a 3 second ball save off plunge.

I kinda like that idea with the extra ball. Give yourself a chance and it’s pro/con. You’ll get your extra ball, but you’ll have to work harder each time.

Pretty cool.

#8840 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Yeah, I'm getting ready to turn the slings down. Since the update I've had balls hitting the GLASS coming off slings and ending up on top of plastics. Something changed.

Damn!!

Possibly better to stay on 0.98 for the time being?

#9145 4 years ago

How do you get the full character screen again with all pros/cons (if any)

I thought it was holding the left flipper down but that doesn't do very well because it just selects the previous character (naturally).

Also, I hope 1.0 doesn't trigger the flippers when selecting your character. Completely unnecessary.

#9153 4 years ago

Metallica surpassed Pirates!

What is this MADNESS!!!

#9157 4 years ago

I played it ... on site.

Was freaking amazing!

Sparky is just awesome! haha

Rumor has it .. JJPs next title announced will be Guns N' Roses and from the same designer who did Pirates so brace yourself for that...

#9158 4 years ago
Quoted from Extraballz:

Great info. Thanks for this. Makes sense. I wonder if anyone in
a different industry who needed a rock hard clearcoat figured a way
to do it even with the new restrictions. Is the clear on PFs
similar to auto clear I wonder.

Honestly...I think it is. Feel like it was mentioned somewhere in either TNA thread or vid's famous waxing thread...or both!

#9163 4 years ago

A “2” !???

Smh..

#9176 4 years ago
Quoted from Breger1:

What level is common for shaker motor? I set mine to high, didn't feel like I was getting much out of medium due to the heft of this machine. Also, any concern with loosening parts at a high setting?

Hmm...this would explain why AFMr feels quite a bit more intense - lighter machine.

TURN IT UP!

It'll be alright...

=)

#9181 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Except that the software warns you that turning it up too high is at your own risk. Not advised. Mine is at default.

Fair point.

Mine is too.

I didn't realize it was a big deal so much so that the game has to warn you about it. =/

#9183 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

The software has lots of helpful warnings. For example, turning the gain too high can cause clipping.

I didn't touch it!! =D

#9185 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Yeah but not everything leaves the factory set perfectly.
Case in point, a friend’s machine was having Pearl VUK problems. Checked the power and it was substantially below default. Setting it to default fixed them.
Every machine is slightly different which is why the coil/gain/etc settings exist.

And I didn't know that machines could leave the factory at not default settings. That seems odd to me.
Nonetheless...

I promise to check this. I don't want to turn the machine on just yet because the BP is still disconnected.

#9335 4 years ago

Sale pending for POTC CE - $11,900!

#9336 4 years ago

And NO...it's NOT mine!

=D

#9344 4 years ago

Hey, not sure if you know but you can edit your last post. Sort of a nice thing to do when slapping multiple posts down in a row.

I’m this instance...it was done on purpose.

I was trying to be deceptive. =P

#9349 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

My wife and I still play this game dozens of times every single day. I have to schedule maintenance events around her work so I don’t incur any downtime when she wants to play it.

What does the GC score look like?

#9353 4 years ago
Quoted from rs812:

4. Left flipper roll pin was barely in and left flipper quit working after about 5 games.

So I WASN'T the only one!

Look at that!

#9360 4 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

And image that, he figured it out and fixed it in Less than 300 posts!! lol sorry had to say it.

=P

Probably wasn’t his 1st rodeo.

Either way, I’m grateful for the community and all the knowledge I have acquired up to this point.

#9362 4 years ago

Okay...

I get it!

HOLY SENSORY OVERLOAD!!!

I stacked a couple multi-balls. Like two chapter multi-balls and then started rolling Tortuga multi-ball and there was so much going on ... I couldn't even.

WOW! THAT WAS FUN!

Curious how you guys are doing the Extra Ball exactly? Like, there are 4 settings and then you can choose the rewards. The first reward by default is 30k and then 75k ..

EDIT: I see now. It's the Replay Award. I just did the defaults so like 10 percent and 68k starting and all that. Pretty cool.

#9365 4 years ago
Quoted from GnarLee:

Ya that’s how I have mine set up. Replay award set to auto with extra ball as reward. Have to watch out for big scoring games though. Starts at 40k to get the extra ball. Put up a million point game and it will jump to 5-6-700k. Mine was up to 1.5 million last weekend. Didn’t play today and it’s still at like 760k

Ah.. so it goes up and down. I thought it just kept going up or stayed the same.

That’s really cool.

#9375 4 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

In my opinion only buying 1 playfield protector (and the last) they are Way overkill and honestly Will find ways to effect play long and short term. Truly not worth the effort. Raising the balls roll of motion even Slightly changes Everything as designed in my view. Where the ball hits sling rubbers, posts, targets, pop bumper rings you name it. Add a spinning disk to the equation and I say not needed on this game. Heck, many added a simple plastic washer to their slings and now they are having issues. The contact of the ball to playfield was believe it or not Very specific. Don't change what was designed and you'll play happily ever after. And in home use you'll not have to worry about taking that scratched up crap plastic off in 6 months of play. Wax, play, repeat.

Yep. Completely agree and I’m a rookie.

The logic and physics say that you are drastically altering the playfield and I would simply never install one.

“No way” it plays the same...

#9436 4 years ago

And no.

The playfield should be perfectly fine if it isn’t being touched.

#9450 4 years ago

“Best” character for focusing on inner loops and hopefully collecting a lot of gold?

Would it just be the character that picks up all the gold with a single press?

Opinions?

#9451 4 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

Number 3 is finally home! Now I have to wait till I get home this evening to work through all the problems.[quoted image][quoted image]

What problems!?!?

#9452 4 years ago

Confused on one thing..

Girlfriend managed to hit 68k last night and got extra ball.
I played today and got an extra ball at 68k as well.

I thought? it was supposed to automatically increase the score on subsequent runs?

#9469 4 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

I was being pessimistic, based on historical data. In fact, the only the that ended up being wrong with mine is the sagging screen and damaged back glass. Looks like some of the art on the backglass rubbed off due to the screen sagging and the buffer piece rubbing it.
I did also notice that sometimes the chest lock will allow a ball to fall through the release flap. Is there an adjustment for this?

I know... but we were all hoping you would be REALLY lucky! =)

#9537 4 years ago

Anyone in here interested in BKSOR?

It’s fun to venture around the community and hear others input on Pirates...

#9546 4 years ago

So don’t ask about other games in an owner’s thread to see if others have similar interests...

Noted.

Thanks guys!

#9548 4 years ago

I've posted this request a few places. I suggested a piece of plastic just like the star map but for the entire backboard (at least as much as can be covered). It could replace the starmap cover so the back looks finished and still functions with the star map. The map looks like it was literally a last second or cheapest mounting option. Just slap it on the backboard, done. If someone knows about printing on plastic I bet this isn't a terribly complex, maybe just need a CNC to cut out around any impediments. When I get done with some projects I may look in to it to see what it might cost to get these printed. I can easily design it.

I agree. I was on-site in Greensboro yesterday. First time being to this city (about an hour from where I reside). Went to Boxcar Arcade and it seemed like damn near every. single. pin had backboard art.

Side note — Sone operators “really don’t care” about their games do they?

The plunger was so strong on Batman 66 that the ball slammed against the backboard. I was damn near stunned...

And flipper power — Jesus!

#9561 4 years ago

ALMOST got my FIRST million!!

Edit: Everyone seems to do well with this character and I'm guessing this is part of the reason why:
"Awarded 1 free Skull Value Hold at end of ball."

I honestly don't know fully what that means, but when I looked up pretty much my skull value on every movie was in the 3,000 range which completely blew me away!

#9574 4 years ago

You guys notice that based on the character you select, the game tries to intelligently select the default P-I-R-A-T-E award that would be most beneficial?

#9578 4 years ago

Still trying to understand these skulls ...

So it looks like a skull can appear in any movie and take up any chapter slot. Can you have more than one skull per movie? Also, since the skull takes the place of one of the chapters does that just mean one less chapter to qualify for that movie?

Oh .. and trying to figure out the Constellations is a game within a game .. haha .. I still virtually have NO clue what's going on there...but I am paying attention to it more so that's something I guess.

This game is RIDICULOUS!!

#9583 4 years ago
Quoted from GnarLee:

The skull that is color of chapter means you are qualified for that movie and if you hit chapter select that is one of the possibilities you will get. If you hit a ball into the depths you will get a skull hold. A skull hold is slightly different as it is just holding the point score for you if you drain. A skull hold looks like a silver border around where you get the check marks x and skulls with a silver skull. You can have more than 1 skull hold going just like you can have multiple chapter qualified. Game seems to hold your highest point chapter but not sure.

I think I’m even more confused, but I appreciate the explanation.

#9585 4 years ago
Quoted from GnarLee:

Ok lets try again then.. You have the 5 cannon doors at the top of your screen ....when they open you have that specific chapter qualified. The skull that is below the cannon is also showing you you have that chapter qualified. X's and check marks in that same area signify chapters that you have already played checks for completed the chapter x's for uncompleted chapters. Im assuming you know about thed 5 main shots to qualify chapters. Like inner loop is stranger tides. the more you hit the loop the more points will show up under the stranger tides cannon door. Sometimes you will hit tortuga and get add ???? to blue skull. This is just making it so if you play the chapter you get more points for each correct shot hit. If you hit the far left shot (the depths) you will get a skull hold. This holds one of your chapter point values if you drain. Lets say you hit the inner loop 100 times and you get your OST shots up to 50k (prolly not realistic) if you play the chapter or drain your ball the value will reset to something like 1k. If you get a skull hold on it before that happens the value carries over. To see if you have a skull hold on a chapter there will be a silver border around the point value on screen with a little silver skull. hope that makes a bit more sense. Might also help ya if you pop the glass of for a game and just do a little test game. Manually trigger one of the chapters a few times and watch your point value go up. then drop a ball in the depths and watch the skull hold come up and drain/play chapter see what happens.

That's pretty cool. I always assumed that the value under each movie/chapter was always "held" and could only increase and not decrease. It definitely makes more sense. It's confusing that the colored skull icon can show up under any particular chapter slot and I'm not sure if that's just random or has any additional significance at all. I assume it doesn't.

I think this helps make Angelica really good...
"Awarded 1 free Skull Value Hold at end of ball."

Thanks for the explanation!

Now if I could just figure out those constellations .. haha

#9613 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Definitely rent the stair climber. I rented a "Power Mate" from Sunbelt Rentals for around $120. Worth every penny.
Bought myself an Escalera so I can do this myself next time.

Nice!

What did that run you?

I paid a local moving company a few hundred to get AFMr upstairs after the agony of enlisting my friends with Pirates.

NO ONE wanted to go through that again. Though AFMr would have been a little easier given the body and weight.

Hey, best advice for moving a pin to another room? Remove the legs, fold the backbox down?

#9615 4 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

Yes, set a big furniture blanket on the floor. Fold the head and secure it with shrink wrap. Remove the rear legs and drop the machine on the blanket and set it upright. Remove the front legs if necessary. Then just pull on the blanket and move your pin to the other room. Then simply reverse the process. ****Don't forget to remove the balls******

True!

Thanks!

#9629 4 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

Got mine from Zach as well. Highly recommend.

Does he offer multiple models or which model did you get?

#9635 4 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

RLA-HC 66” with big wheel attachment and pinball lift plate. Call Zach to discuss though. In case you hadn’t seen it here is a video I made using it to set up a pin completely solo.

That's AMAZING!

Thanks for sharing... I could also use this to move pins to a new room or anywhere really...

#9653 4 years ago

Picked this up tonight...

9A5DA15E-4DE5-4F65-A756-71DA2BD037A8 (resized).jpeg9A5DA15E-4DE5-4F65-A756-71DA2BD037A8 (resized).jpeg
1 week later
#10171 4 years ago

Most noticeable differences in terms of game play with 0.99 code?

#10174 4 years ago
Quoted from GnarLee:

Not really much that was changed that I really noticed a big difference on. I did notice carina now always has 3 chapters like she is supposed to. The occasional pirate hat or eyepatch on pictures. Some "assets" were moved around IE they changed the points values on some things. My scores overall have went down but i almost always play a couple of characters (trying to change that). There is a changelog on the jjp website right next to the update

Nice. Yea I'm familiar with the laundry list of changes, but i was just curious what was felt real world. I had a feeling not a ton with probably the most noticeable difference being the picture add ons.

Appreciate the feedback!

#10280 4 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

I have this on mine. HIGHLY recommend.

Seconded!

#10511 4 years ago
Quoted from iepinball:

Until v1.0 ... Barbossa is king [quoted image]

WOW!

With all due respect, that score looks fake...

#10514 4 years ago

Yea. I guess not.

I mean...that's cool.

I have never seen a score even close to that high. I thought 6M was pretty much breaking the game.

I don't tend to watch pinball streams outside of SDTM. I'd prefer to play instead and I think every high score set on an individual machine is unique in it's own right given no two machines will necessarily play exactly the same.

But if you understand the code and can aim, then high scores seem inevitable on ANY pin.

#10572 4 years ago

Yea, the disc silencer kit definitely isn't louder...it's silent.

If you play your game at 20 or above volume, you really shouldn't really be able to hear it at all.

#10694 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I'm on Titan rubbers too. They get black very quickly after cleaning, and the ball trails show up quickly as well.
Basically I clean the machine any time I remove the glass for whatever reason. At least weekly.

With the amount of plays accumulating on your machine, what is the most abrasive cleaning you have had to do so far? Any Novus 2 yet?

#10696 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

No Novus 2 and likely will never use it. I clean with Novus 1 applied to a microfiber and wax with P21S applied directly with my fingers.

I pretty much do the same thing. Just replace Novus 1 with Mist-N-Shine.

Good to know.

#10703 4 years ago
Quoted from Soulrider911:

Got the shine back after some deep cleaning[quoted image]

Wow!

What did this entail?

#10705 4 years ago
Quoted from Soulrider911:

Basically degreaser, and then wax, buff, is some areas I used very light novus 2 - ya I know... - but after I cut with a finer compound and it got out some serious ball scuffing. Then wax

Degreaser...wait what?

3 months later
#12563 4 years ago

Hey guys,

Long time...

I'm pretty SHOCKED by this...

And this was with a buddy staying with me for like a week playing the hell of it.

Wow!

2019-10-14 (resized).jpg2019-10-14 (resized).jpg
#12609 4 years ago

I still need to update to 0.99...

I'll see my way out...

#12630 4 years ago

So I was playing and I hit a level I reward ... "Special" for the first time.

Kinda threw me off guard and other than the game kinda freaking out a little bit, I have NO IDEA what it actually did.

#12632 4 years ago
Quoted from skyrex:

Very cool! Pirates was my first JJP too......it has been joined by Dialed In recently!

I'm REALLY hoping WOZ will be my 2nd.

Unless JJP does something insane like Star Wars or MTG or something...

#12633 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Special is an operator-defined award. You can choose what it awards in the settings - I like Extra Ball. Other options are usually a credit, or points.

Oh wow... good to know.

I can ensure you Extra Ball is NOT the "default", but let's go with that!! Must be a pretty rare feat!

#12706 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I recently discovered what a huge difference fresh coil sleeves can make in a game.
I did them at around 4200 plays on Wonka and the flippers became as snappy as new. I did it on POTC (around 3400 plays) and I'm also happy with the result, I can make the chest shot consistently from the left flipper now!
I did all 3 flippers, the Depths VUK and the Tortuga VUK. However, Depths is still somewhat inconsistent. Around 5-10% of the time, it seems to shoot out with too little force, and drain in the I lane.
This is really disappointing when it happens, because it's not a skill thing...you just plain got screwed out of a ball.
I keep the game clean and waxed and the one way gate is not binding in any way.
Has anyone found a cause/fix for these occasional I lane dribble drains?

I'm a long way from this, but can you please share exactly what you ordered so if/when that time does come?

#12708 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Coil sleeves.

Haha. Sorta wanted a link, but it's okay!!
Actually, good to have these on hand or ?

#12723 4 years ago

How long does it take for coil dust to become visible?

It’s on the playfield right?
My game only has around 350 or so plays and I just don’t see it.

How noticeable is it?

#12725 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

On the underside of playfield or on things below it. Where the coils are.

Makes sense! =)

#12745 4 years ago

FWIW - This happens on my game as well. I have always felt like if I don't hit the inner loop "perfectly", it can wind up on the BP.

#12760 4 years ago
Quoted from luckymoey:

If you're able to hit 4 loops in a row that's pretty good. I spent a lot of time trying to improve the left loop on my BM66 (which is a LOT clunkier than anything on POTC), and ultimately determined that the design is just unforgiving and needs to be hit within a very narrow angle band. Eric probably designed the loop on POTC so that it wasn't too easy to repeat. Maybe if you asked about it on the JJP Google or Facebook group he would respond.

Right. As I said once, if I hit it “perfectly”, it tends to always come around and often faster every time... which makes sense because you are consistently increasing momentum.

#12779 4 years ago

Yep. Left flipper chest ball lock is the best when you don't let the upper flipper block you.

And that's really too bad about Cliffy. Hope he is okay!

2 months later
#13535 4 years ago

I wish the plunger had a bit more punch and the ball card around faster.

I did the fix so I’m pretty sure blinding isn’t occurring, but I have seen other videos where the ball seems to launch much faster.

Has anyone upgraded to the next level of spring for the plunger or are there any other tips/tricks out there?

Thanks!

#13539 4 years ago
Quoted from KingPinGames:

Are you sure that the washer from.you plunger tip isn't hitting the auto launch bracket? Mine was doing this and I really lost a lot of momentum. I loosened the 3 screws that held the shooter rod assembly in place, lowered the entire assembly and the retightened the screws. Now it works great

I’ll check this.

Thanks!

EDIT: I didn’t stop to consider if it happens on the auto launch balls. I feel like it doesn’t?
I’ll play a few games and look for this specifically.

#13541 4 years ago
Quoted from GnarLee:

If you have played enough the plunger tip starts to get squished. If it gets squished enough you will get that effect. Might be fixed with a tiny piece of rubber. Id say every 750 plays or so I replace mine.

Good to know. I’m not sure I even have 400 games on it yet.

I’m considering taking a couple slow motion videos and uploading here for feedback. One with the plunger and forks and I guess just another one with the ball traveling upward.

I hope it’s something simple... I agree. It sorta has to be.

#13542 4 years ago
Quoted from joseph5185:

I’ll check this.
Thanks!

EDIT: I didn’t stop to consider if it happens on the auto launch balls. I feel like it doesn’t?

I’ll play a few games and look for this specifically.

#13545 4 years ago

Well guys .. zaphX GnarLee

Looks pretty evident.

No where near centered...

#13548 4 years ago

I tried to take a video of a manual plunge followed by an auto plunge by the video quality is terrible for some reason.

Ever so slightly it looks like the waster is still touching the fork mech so may need to raise the playfield a little bit more.
Does anyone have a video handy of what a normal plunge looks like for them? Guess I could YouTube it as well.

zaphX How exactly would I apply the washer? Did you do this?

#13549 4 years ago

Well FWIW ..

My plunging is no slower than this beginning of the video:

But I suspect 1) he doesn't care and 2) it's still an issue.

#13560 4 years ago

Thanks for sharing this. I think mine has the same side to side play. I would assume they all do given the way the mech is. Maybe not...

Here's sort of my frustrating thing... when I try to move the plunger rod to be more centered within the auto forks (so moving the plunger tip/assembly to the right), it tends to collide horribly with the auto forks where basically every manual plunge is crashing into the auto forks.

You can't theoretically have the plunger assembly (that is the 3 screws) any lower than the lowest screw on the bottom so I'll continue to mess with this. Oh... I also noticed .. as I was tightening that bottom screw it was sorta raising the elevation of the other two screws (the plunger assembly) which is no good so maybe I can only tighten so much, test, add the other top screws and then finish tightening the bottom.I thought I raised the playfield enough, but it looks like that plunger washer still just wants to rub against that auto plunger mech...sometimes.

--------------------------------------------------------

On a completely separate thought - I wouldn't be surprised if my wireworms aren't perfect.
Has anyone ever manually rode a ball all the way up the shooter lane - like with their hand? It's not smooth..

In this photo, that horizontal bar underneath the wireform right above where I have the ball positioned, there is a very noticeable bump. I have highlighted the suspect area:
Screen Shot 2020-01-06 at 1.36.44 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2020-01-06 at 1.36.44 AM (resized).png

#13563 4 years ago
Quoted from KingPinGames:

You could loosen all 3 screws in the shooter housing, then place a washer between the housing and the front of the cabinet (at the bottom of the housing) and tighten accordingly. This will cause the top of the housing (and therefore the tip of the plunger) to point down slightly.

I may just do this. I just don't really want to raise the playfield anymore. Ever since doing so, that yellow lockdown bar goes nowhere near back where it used to. In fact, it basically just hangs down and won't budge.

Also, I feel silly for this... but I just realized that I can adjust the shooter assembly while actually having the playfield down and a ball in place going through the coin door. I definitely think this would help as I wouldn't be completely blind if you will when adjusting.

#13564 4 years ago

I'll move this conversation over to the Tech Thread... but I think this is part of the issue.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjpirates-of-the-caribbean-troubleshooting-tips-issues/page/3#post-4941271

"Third, see if the ball moves freely through the metal ball guide that goes up and over onto the playfield. It may be making contact with a weld instead of riding only on the rail guides, robbing the ball of power.

#13565 4 years ago
Quoted from BC_Gambit:

I was sent a new wireform as mine was not formed properly. There was a flat spot that the ball collided with and caused a loss of a lot of momentum.

I MAY have this exact issue.

Did it sound anything like this?
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1WMXja4uYKU3QZ8EuAcn7-_4pquc_-cA9

#13570 4 years ago

So there it is...

A faulty shooter lane from day 1 that I didn't notice and I guess? quality control didn't check. The list grows with issues. I just feel like it's not "okay" after spending near $13,000 on a... game.

Surely, I can't be the only one that feels this way, but I'll take my disappointment and thoughts elsewhere.

#13573 4 years ago
Quoted from Munsters:

Got same problem wich i had two months ago. The right flipper on the boat is not aligned well. Looks like an easy fix but not if i must do this every two months [quoted image][quoted image]

Yea. Had this issue from the beginning. I think many did and assumed it was "supposed" to be that way. Not symmetrical flippers? Not in my world...

Anyways, perhaps you can tighten the flipper more than last time and/or use loctite to better ensure it doesn't happen again.

Sorry to hear...

#13576 4 years ago

I appreciate it.

Without this community, many would be lost...

I personally feel like my experience has been 50/50 as far as being better done by the manufacturer. Some things are blatantly obvious and some things are not. You just don't want to think that the company knew about some of these issues and were like "F it, ship it anyways!" We'll never know I guess and I'm trying to not sound like I am insinuating this, but I really hope that simply isn't the truth.

Anyways, the shooter lanes aren't currently available for replacement so it just stings that much more now because I don't know how long I will have to deal with the lackluster plunger issues. Perhaps forever?

I sincerely hope not...

EDIT:
I have put in a tremendous amount of work on this machine as so many others have and I can confidently and proudly say that it's probably around 98/99% as far as playability and functionality. Once I get over this current disappointment I'm in, I do look forward to continue playing and hopefully putting many games on this awesome game.

I don't mean to sound unappreciative in the slightest if it feels like it comes off that way. My girlfriend is over it considerably more than I am understandably for the issues that we have had and fixed. I still think it's great, but the taste becomes a bit bitter as the issues elongate.

#13590 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

[quoted image]

There's the bottle!

In your... theatre room no less?

If you have audio popping, I know EXACTLY how to fix it!

1 month later
#14370 4 years ago

I'm quickly losing faith in JJP as so many others have.

I reached out to Shannan for another update on my replacement rail since I had not heard anything since January. I'm so impatient right? I get a returned e-mail that she is no longer with the company and another member will reach out to me. Yea, I'm sure.

I spent $13k for a toy and I can't get a simple replacement part. Absolutely ridiculous! My next $13k will be going to improve my already impressive media room... not another JJP machine.

That is all...

#14378 4 years ago

I did actually hear back from Marcy:

"Hi, unfortunately we still do not have any update on this item."

It is unfortunate...

1 year later
#17327 2 years ago

I missed like 100 pages worth of comments, but how is everyone doing in November 2021?

#17330 2 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Pretty great. Code is in beta testing, quite a few changes, and the team seems open to addressing more bug issues

That's... crazy and amazing. I'm not even sure what code version I'm on, but I think it's 0.98?

1 month later
#17385 2 years ago

Just out of curiosity, but did anyone ever come up with another solution for the plunger issue hitting?
It was always either lift the playfield by bending the hooks slightly (I never did this) or put something between the playfield to raise it. I chose to this method, but unfortunately after doing so you can no longer latch the yellow lever properly.

Also, I can still see very clearly where the plunger is hitting the auto return so I definitely need to take it apart and see if I can't adjust it some.

Thanks all!

#17387 2 years ago
Quoted from Butch2099:

I just delivered a GNR that had the plunger hitting the auto launch. JJP told guy to bend the auto launch
Now they are supposedly sending him a new auto launch

Haha.. well .. Nice!

#17389 2 years ago
Quoted from Betelgeuse:

The most likely solution is to loosen or remove the manual plunger housing/plate, slide it to the position you need it, and tighten it back down. There is usually a little room for adjustment with how it's mounted in the cabinet.

Yea, I have done this before so will definitely need to do again.

I moved just around 2 months ago today actually so maybe it just got a little loose.

#17390 2 years ago

Bending the playfield hooks has always seemed like the “definitive” answer, but I have always been against doing…

#17393 2 years ago
Quoted from Betelgeuse:

Personally, I would only bend the hooks if it seems like the playfield isn't sitting close to level in the cabinet. I would bend the auto launcher before I would do that. It may take some real trial and error to get it right.

For purposes of troubleshooting the plunger, I would be okay with not having an auto launcher at all... temporarily.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 100.00
Boards
Led Pinball

Wanted
Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Mod Co.

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 45.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

24,999 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Frisco, TX
$ 24.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 38.00
$ 26.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Smithtown, NY
$ 39.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
436 posts in this topic match your search for posts by joseph5185. You are on page 2 of 2.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider joseph5185.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-pirates-of-the-caribbean-official-owners-and-fan-club/page/2?tu=joseph5185 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.