(Topic ID: 200141)

JJP Pirates of the Caribbean Official Owners and Fan Club!

By goren1818

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 18,810 posts
  • 633 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 16 days ago by insight75
  • Topic is favorited by 284 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

431321214_1110342276953195_8816628931148154685_n (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223442061 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223435586 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240204_044856660.MP (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240203-170723 (resized).png
PXL_20240128_214506994 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240128_224833483.MP (resized).jpg
IMG_0980 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0982 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0981 (resized).jpeg
download (resized).jpg
IMG_6275 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6274 (resized).jpeg
8b9srv (resized).jpg
20231211_131402 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

20 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider gnarlee.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

316 posts in this topic match your search for posts by gnarlee. You are on page 2 of 2.
#14219 4 years ago
Quoted from jrawlinson_2000:

Can someone please explain to me the 'Shot X'.
I get it that you light the pirates lanes with shot x chosen, then you then hit one of the 'times x' standups.
From there can you shot any shot or does it show you 1, 2 or a few shots available? i.e. how do you know which shot to shoot? - what colour does it flash and what is it worth?

Any and all shots on the play field. Light via pirate lanes. Hit stand up to the left of chest. Then hit your 2x-6x target To activate it. You next thing you hit will be multiplied. Best I have ever done is a shot x during a chapter for some not so impressive points. IMO shot x is one of the hardest “tools” to use on potc. Hard to get everything to line up but when you do amazing things can happen. Like a 21 million point shot

1 week later
#14265 4 years ago
Quoted from Soulrider911:

Yes, I modeled it? I'll share it on ThingVerse as soon as I'm done.

1 week later
#14365 4 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I bet JJP is waiting to announce / release the code at TPF at this point. JJP has been pretty quiet in regards to big code releases over the past 6 months. They have incredibly talented staff with Keith, Ted, and Joe on the programming team. Perhaps all or most of them are working on GNR code at the moment?

I wouldn’t hold my breath. I see there being an update but it having nothing to do with what we are waiting for. Update will be something along the lines of we can now wirelessly do updates $50 bucks plz. And Bluetooth audio $50 bucks plz. I would be surprised if anything about the final wizard mode or character changes are there.

2 weeks later
#14526 4 years ago

its been a while but if I remember right the timer on 4 is short. You only have like 20 seconds or something to hit 5 sequential shots. And im probably wrong but I also seem to remember losing a couple seconds for every missed shot. maybe not. Technically you are not supposed to be able to multiball during the wizard modes to start with other than with ragetti special. Tortuga MB during the wiz modes was supposed to be fixed on this patch but wasnt. Long story short tortuga mb is good on 3 of the 5 wizrd modes.the other one that would be a pain during mb is turning the ship upside down. Which makes me think how badly I need to learn to cradle balls better on multiballs.

#14583 4 years ago
Quoted from Maurice:

Choose Norrington today and the progress during modes goes very fast. Got close to the non-existing “break the curse” final mode.
Played 4 mini-wizard modes but didn’t complete any of them. Got about 6 extra balls which I really earned. Not for a score.
Only special rewards an EB.
Who has ever got this far?[quoted image]

Shhh dont tell them they will pull out the pitchforks.

#14618 4 years ago

Bigger question. Will we make it a whole year without an update?

1 month later
#14942 3 years ago

Have you looked to see if there is another part number on the motor itself. The motor looks like a standard brushed dc motor that is used for r/c cars. I bet if you pulled the motor and took it to a hobby shop they could find you a replacement. With that being said as it most likely is a standard brushed dc motor there should be no reason for them not to stock it. Just another reason I have lost faith in jjp for the time being. Also waited a bit for this one. No update for over a year and in what another 9 months or so we will be to the fabled 3 years all the ghostbuster fanboys speak of.

#15018 3 years ago

1/2” sounds about right. I had my ramp off for deep cleaning last week.

#15080 3 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

It's the sling underneath the ramp to the black pearl. You have to hit it clean without hitting any of the pops.

Negatory. The is a switch on the far right under the launch ramp. The arrow that says extra ball literally points nets at it. Hidden user spotlight that is right there. The switch under the boarding ramp is just for the kicker

1 week later
#15115 3 years ago

Been a seed a few times. Even within the past couple weeks. The sway starts at a set speed. Every time you board the black pearl it gets a little faster. Bp spinners also increase the speed. It is possible to go from slow to fast with only a few good bp spinner shots. Speed resets after playing curse of the black pearl multiball. And like everything else the more times through the cycle it will require less and less to reach full speed

3 weeks later
#15189 3 years ago

The small skull signifies that you have hit the chapter shot and that chapter will be in the rotation when it selects what scene to play. So new game there will be no skulls. Hit the chest shot and a skull will pop up on the green saying you can play a green scene. Maelstrom is red. Inner loop blue ect... hitting the depths does a skull hold value. The little skull in front of the 5 main shots will turn white (I think) showing the value of that skull is held for the next ball. Skull values are shown at top right next to where you see the checks x and skulls. Checks are chapter was fully completed. X are chapter was played but did not get every character. And skull shows that chapter is qualified for play but has not been played yet. Every time you play a chapter you have to re qualify.

Hopefully my morning explanation isn’t too confusing

#15195 3 years ago
Quoted from Zora:

Thank you for your explanations. Understood so far. Shooting the depth for skull value holds was new to me, I thought the devils triangle was relevant.
However, what is the sense of the small skulls, see picture below. That is the start of the second ball. All skull values back to minimum 1.000 points, clear so far. The green movie was hit four times during ball 1. The first shot made the green skull appear. Another 3 shots to the green movie (chest) made the skull move to the right. So I can see From the position of the skull, how many times the green movie was already hit. But why do I get this information, I don‘t understand how to use it for the game?
[quoted image]

Quoted from GnarLee:

Skull values are shown at top right next to where you see the checks x and skulls. Checks are chapter was fully completed. X are chapter was played but did not get every character. And skull shows that chapter is qualified for play but has not been played yet.

from the picture you posted I can see that you have 3 chapters qualified. chapter points are all at base value so most likely stated a new ball. and you have not played any chapters our of thos movies yet due to lack of check mark or x

1 week later
#15270 3 years ago

You can save up for tortuga multiball then start a wizard mode. With a simple shot to tortuga you now have multiball during a wizard mode. Was stated to be a bug well over a year ago still not fixed. No presets so that people with less skill can play on easy while better players can play on hard. (not a bug but dam close) almost impossible to get super jackpot for OST. Forks not going up when qualifying a lock (I have seen virtual lock work when this happens but very rarely). Inner loop not registering which if memory serves keith stated they were trying to fix with code that it was not a hardware problem. Im sure there are plenty other little things. I wwould agree characters are technically complete but personally would love to see more things to make them fun. Some fun stuff the beta people are playing with I guess. I maintain my view of noone would be complaining if they opened up beta code to everyone. Maybe not on a new machine but if your making your customers wait on a out of production machine until you feel like doing it because you have better things to do at least let owners have some fun along the way. With what keith said a few weeks ago I would be surprised if we see anything within the next year. Which frankly I dont quite understand because keith said he was already in chicago before the move and everywhere was on lockdown. Not sure what he was doing for those 2-3 months

#15275 3 years ago
Quoted from RTS:

This can also be stated as a feature of the rules or strategy for playing mini wizards. Getting a mini wizard mode is tough. Having Tortuga ready at that time is another fold to the challenge. The amount of Gold required to collect increases each time as you progress toward the mini wizards. It's no gimme.
It's 100% exactly the same as stacking a mode with a multiball, which is THE most common play strategy that you will always see used by good players.
Stuck forks to lock in the chest or problems starting OST have not been my experience.
The ball search may be a bug needing a fix for location games. When I play at home, I always remove stuck balls and try to fix where they get trapped.

It’s not hard to set up tortuga multiball when you expect you will make a wizard mode. 50 gold is 5 loops and a gold target shot. Loops can be fed from chest. Not hard. Not sure how it is a feature when Keith said it is a bug. Only way you are supposed to be able to play 2 balls in a wizard mode is with ragetti using his special.

My forks are fine and not stuck when it happens the coil never fire and the forks just stay down. Seems like it only happens when 2-3 multiball dare going when you qualify chest lock. It’s not that the forks don’t go up. It’s that the software is so fucking stupid it won’t award the lock when you hit the first chest opto followed by loop exit opto. This would mean the ball travelled through the chest shot and made it to loop exit. If I have a lock qualified and that happens with a single ball lock should be awarded and it’s not. Hell there is a switch on the forks why does the coil not try to fire a 2nd time if the switch doesn’t activate?

I never said I had problems starting OST. It is the easiest one to achieve and play. I stated that the super jackpot was almost impossible to get. I think in a over 1000 games I have consciously got 1 maybe 2 super jackpots for that mode. I also feel like trying to drive my ball into a plastic post to make another ball trigger an opto is a recipie for breaking the plastic post.

#15279 3 years ago

Im just pointing out there are plenty of things to fix other than a completely missing super wizard mode. And to be quite honest it is bullshit that we have not gotten an update in over a year. Keith said he would not put out another update until the final wizard mode was done. This would be fine if he was actually working on the update, but what in the podcast made you think he was working on it or even had any interest in it anymore. To say I had other things I wanted to work on tells me PoTC is at the very bottom of his list. There will always be something new and exciting. Im half tempted to listen to the podcast again. The guy has had 2+ years to figure something out and get it done yet we are still waiting for just the basic QOL adjustments that are needed. I think I'm going to start calling keith George R.R. Martin. Both know how to ruin a good thing

1 week later
#15328 3 years ago

The main theme. I Believe they said was too expensive to get the asset (I don’t think Disney owns the rights). But seriously there needs to be some attract music put in

2 weeks later
#15370 3 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

It will still hold your 10K value over to the next ball whether you have a skull hold or not.

sounds like another bug. how long until we are at that fabled 3 years everyone speaks of. Update would be nice or at least let us play with the beta code that has been out for months now

#15385 3 years ago

Yes but that harbor freight junk when it breaks you will have to buy another wrench. Snap on a premium brand but you only purchase once. I personally go mid range for hand tools so something like tekton or craftsman. Good tools lifetime warranty not really Any more cost over the HFreight. For stuff that is more likely to break I’ll spend the little extra and go snap on or a primium I’m brand. IE stuff that ratchets specialty tools like safety wire pliers and anything that is visually built better

#15390 3 years ago

Snap on craftsman tekton and many others all still have lifetime warranty. And in instances like my ratchets I can keep an extra set of internals ($12) and if my tool breaks I can fix it in under 10 min. Problem with cheap wrenches is their tolerances are so high. This is fine if you like stripping you fasteners or busting knuckles I however do not. Point being is you don’t have to buy bottom of the barrel to get reasonably priced good tools. Tekton is a great brand cheap tools lifetime warranty. My whole tool bag for aircraft maintenance school is snap-on tekton and craftsman. Craftsman full wrench set up to 1.5”. Full tekton 1/4 and 3/8 socket sets that included ratchets. Set of stubby ratchets. Set of snap on flex head ratchets. A multitude of snips channel locks pliers etc.. all new for around $600 bucks. Considering it is enough tools to work on whatever I want I consider that a steal and everything has a lifetime warranty. Think I paid 50 bucks for the full set of craftsman wrenches something like 22-24 pieces with lifetime warranty. Just sayin

And yes you are correct on the whole American tool thing. A lot of stuff is outsourced now. Same die is prolly a stretch. Same manufacturing line probably. And if it is indeed the same die would you not want to support the original designer instead of the knockoff?

#15392 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Craftsman is just chinese junk with an American brand name now. It's not the same as old-school Sears Craftsman. They are more often knuckle-busters now as well, but you can get another knuckle-buster for free.

They have a few sets with varying quality. The 50 bucks for the set i have is chinese junk wont deny that. I bought these knowing that with airplanes there is a good chance i will have to make my own tools occasionally. much rather cut up a cheap wrench. In about a year when I graduate I plan on picking up a few nicer sets (box end, ratched and regular set)

#15400 3 years ago

Sounds like it is binding somewhere or even was not seated properly (ie only 1 of the 2 pegs holding it in.). I would pull the pearl and reinstall it. While it’s out check wire it to see if you can find anything there where it might be rubbing. On reinstall make sure both pegs are aligned properly.

#15417 3 years ago

Gotcha. So your free 10k holds are a bug

#15423 3 years ago

My theory on this is plunger is steel. Sleeve is plastic. After several months of play the inner part of sleeve becomes “not smooth” anymore. This causes a little bit of friction. This coupled with the possibility of heat ( like yelo mentioned) causing the sleeve and plunger to expand at different rates Making the friction of an older sleeve more noticeable. I would clean mech and replace sleeves and everything should go back to nice and smooth

#15424 3 years ago

Also a little hack I learned while shopping my f-14. You can buy a bulk pack of the longer sleeves and then use a old plunger and a pipe cutter to cut down to size.

#15434 3 years ago
Quoted from Axl:

Abandoned it? Where do you get that from? Keefer said in an interview with bro that the code is coming.

For all Practical purposes yes I would say abandoned. It been what 15-16 months since an update. Meanwhile basic things like preset difficulties are still missing. COVID downtime would have been the perfect time to polish and finish up some things. Correct me if I’m wrong but the game that came out after pirates is more complete at this time. The next game they release will probably be more complete than pirates. And Keith will have something new to work on and push us back again. It’s a never ending cycle.

#15437 3 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

I think this always just comes down to sales... No Pirates left to sell, so the fuel to push code forward dries up.

Or Keith is lazy

#15439 3 years ago

Bluetooth should not be hard to program. It is not a new technology. Why is bluetooth even being programmed? It would be easier to do a hardware wetup directly off of the headphone port on the front. a momentary switch to activate search for bluetooth device. a led that blinks when searching and solid when paired. You could prolly hop on amazon and find a bluetooth device for under 30 bucks strip it down and wire in a switch.

I would care about coding on future titles when JJP can at leaast put forth an effort to complete Potc. When Stern releases a new machine I find myself looking up as much as I can about it and whether I think it will be fun. I still have no idea how Wonka works and could care less about future titles. I still maintain what I said a year ago that any company can go bankrupt at any time and the longer we have to wait the more chance it will never come. Nothing JJP has done in the past 6 months has told me they are doing good as a company. They cant even do a successful teaser "innovation is coming." When next year?

#15442 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

As a developer, I love it when non-developers make ignorant statements like this.

And I would say its ignorant to assume I have no experience. I have stated before I went to college for a year for..wait for it... computer programming. I have also done some small projects with raspberry pi's and 3d printers. In fact with a quick google search

http://people.csail.mit.edu/rudolph/Teaching/Articles/BTBook.pdf

This book targets the computer programmer looking for an introduction to Bluetooth and how to
program with it in Linux. It assumes no previous knowledge of Bluetooth (you may have never even
heard of it before picking up this book), but does assume that you have experience with either C or
Python

77 pages to explain how to program bluetooth into linux. Please explain to me what is hard about programming a protocol that is almost 20 years old? I bet you could do a mark zuckerburg a college student for 500 bucks and have bluetooth done in a couple weeks. Just make sure he doesnt have family at stern or cgc.

#15448 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Now find a book “Pinball Wizard Modes for Dummies” and your problems are solved!

A chance to explain why im wrong but revert to an "insult". Not sure if I can trust a guy whom scammed a free playfield after telling everyone there was nothing to complain about then proceeded to sell his machine

Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

We dont know what JJP is doing with BT, is it for audio? For data updates? They are likely building on the implementation started with DI, which as a previous owner, I can tell you was super fun, but not really Playable - more a curiosity than anything. And it probably was just an exercise for the team they just decided to release for kicks.
That said, the biggest hurdle the team likely faces is that they are integrating into a huge pile of existing code which was never intended to integrate this way. Plus as Lloyd said, if Keith is working on 5 (really?!) games at the moment, it's damn hard to get stuff done,

Thanks for attempting to explain. I still have a hard time believing that integrating bluetooth is that difficult. From what we know bluetooth is just for audio and wifi is for updates. maybe they are doing other things with the bluetooth that we do not know. I could see integrating other stuff into the bluetooth possibly being difficult but audio alone is a hard sell.

Quoted from HornerSyndrome:

You wouldn’t even know it was “incomplete” if it wasn’t labeled version .99 and weren’t told there would be a final wizard mode.

No the huge led in between the flippers thats says break the curse and the manual for the machine did that for me.
*edit its not a led it just says break the curse by flippers

#15451 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

And by the way gnarlee I think it's impressive as hell you've been able to reach the Break the Curse mode.
Putting myself in your position, having a once-in-a-lifetime game and meeting all the required goals only to have the reward missing would be a bit of a disappointment for sure.
I wish I were a good enough player to have this problem.

I have never made it and have never claimed to have. I have had exactly 2 games in well over 1000 where I got close. 22 chapters done once and 23 chapters fully completed (all characters collected) once. 3 wizard modes played each time with 4th qualified on the 23 chapter game. Now that im not playing 10-20 games a day my standard game might be in the 700-900k range (not enough for extra ball) with the occasional wizard mode. plenty of games where i wont break 100k. I have always been very good at skill games with enough time to properly figure out the quirks.

#15454 3 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

I built a lightsaber for My son last year, and integrated Bluetooth so it could connect to my phone so I could load sounds, different light shows, etc. The software was already there, but you had to connect with a micro USB cable, it didn’t yet support Bluetooth. WELL, that took me 2 months to figure out. Major PITA. But it does work now..

I bet that was a fun project

4 weeks later
#15545 3 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

No, just one production line for now per someone from JJP contacting me to correct me. I was mistaken from what I heard before. Maybe that was a goal that I heard. Anyway, the correct FACT is currently one production line.

Wait jjp contacts people?

#15558 3 years ago
Quoted from paynemic:

I just heard that something simple like a selectable ball save after the chapter start is not in the most recent beta. Word is, that code change is off the table. Won’t happen. That just seems bull-headed and wrong to me. I’m gonna be frustrated when the update FINALLY comes out and I still routinely have my ball flushed by the game through no fault of my own...

Well I hate to be that guy but I asked Keith about the subject over a year ago and he said he had no plans to add a ball save.

#15571 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Thought he clarified that in a past interview. The ultimate loss is ones sole IE game over? Gamble big loose big.

Only supposed to lose ball I thought. If last ball game ends. If multiple balls left must choose new character and lose one of your balls.

Quoted from wesman:

I know your attitude has been persistent, and optimistic, but it's most likely not really Keith's choice, is it? Wonka still needs sold. Dialed In is readily available everywhere, and at least 2 new I unannounced games need coding. So....where do you think he's being told to utilize his time?

Over a year old. 3 years old. Why are "2" unnannounced games getting priority over an unfinished 2 year old game. There will always be a new game in the pipeline so when exactly would he have time to do such a task *sarcasm*. Covid was the perfect excuse to get some things polished up especially considering the lack of a new game.

With no new games in over a year its a little ridiculous to think there was not time somewhere to get an update out to everyone. Even with the move and all the other circumstances we know of. Im sure the beta testers are having a good time with some of the new stuff, but for the majority of us ( I would assume anyways ) we are on code that is 16 months old with basic features still missing and a few bugs like Eaglepin mentioned.

Meanwhile they could release the beta code (with the wifi and bluetooth stripped out for now) and most of us would be happy. Problem is Keith's apparent ego (My opinion of the podcast) and the attitude of why spend my time on an update when 1% will reach the final mode. What happens when "innovation comes" and Keith is still on his kick of no update until wizard mode is complete?

#15592 3 years ago
Quoted from HornerSyndrome:

I agree. I’ve played all 5 of them a few times but only ever finished dead man’s chest. After you finish your loops you need to make one more loop and it traps your ball with the loop peg and plays a video and then you hear a call out “wizard mode completed” and your ball is released to continue playing. The video is cool but it’s short clip and no light show and I dont even think the shaker motor is triggered. Still super fun but agree that more fanfare should occur after such a difficult accomplishment. Les - I also don’t get DMTNT wizard mode. It is basically “obey the compass” and you need to hit very specific shots per the compass and I also had the mode end in 5 seconds when I bricked my first shot and must have hit the exact wrong shot.

The “problem” with that wizard mode is everything is timed. If I remember right you only have something like 20 seconds to complete the shots, I believer per round. The problem is if you hit a wrong shot it takes like 5 seconds from that clock. It is very possible you bricked the shot triggered another switch or 2 on the way back down to flippers and mode was over.

1 week later
#15638 3 years ago

Aztec gold is not the same gold you collect during game. Stat at end of game i think is how much total gold you collect in a game (via action button). It also may be how much gold you spend starting tortuga multiball. It’s one or the other but I believe it’s the first one

#15653 3 years ago
Quoted from Green-Machine:

While I’m under the hood can you tell me why this happens? It sticks like this often
[quoted image]

could also just need to be adjusted. that pieces pushes on a spoon underneath which closes a switch. If the spoon is too close to the skirt (underneath) it can cause skirt to get stuck like that

*edit- didnt see new page started

2 weeks later
#15750 3 years ago
Quoted from Green-Machine:

I hear the new updated Code has added to the photos not only a beard but multiple mug shots of pinsiders who have complained about not getting the code update.

Well fuck where do I submit my picture. Or do we have to wait 3 years and give ghostbusters a run for the money. Wonder what title JJP will concentrate on now once again leaving PoTC behind.

1 week later
#15840 3 years ago

Asked and answered many many months ago. Keith has no plans to tweak the colors so they match better or are more easily distinguishable

#15849 3 years ago

The rocking of the ship is mechanical. You will not get the ship to change its range of motion, it is set. You can change the starting and stopping points but not the range of motion. By default the ship lists more to the left than the right. On my machine you cannot make the ship go as far right as it can go left. I believe this is by default. You can get it pretty close but always lists more left than right. The farther right you get the ship to list the harder you are effectively making it harder to keep the ball up on the ship. Like LOTR_breath said the only adjustment is piece 4 with screws 13.

#15861 3 years ago
Quoted from bbulkley:

Sure, but he’s saying he has to turn the flipper up to make the ramps. In which case I figure why not turn them up instead of rebuilding them? That’s what the adjustment is for.

More power equals more heat. Sounds like a good way to burn up your coils over the long run. Turning them up is a temporary solution to me until I got an an or 2 to change some sleeves. I feel like if you have rebuilt a flipper assembly, changing out a coil stop and sleeve should only be a 10-15 minute job. And to be honest the mech might just need a good cleaning due to coil dust finding it’s way into the sleeve. I have a couple thousand plays on my machine and all I have had to clean the sleeves a couple times. Q-tip and alcohol

#15872 3 years ago
Quoted from attyrhodes:

POTC LE #20 is officially at its new home.
Game plays great, only issue is the chest mech fails to eject balls some times. We turned the speed down to 5 and it seems like some balls still fail to get out in time.

Check to see if balls are magnetized. Would cause problem your describing

#15905 3 years ago

to get to the nuts your really trying to go for 5x multiplier with a 5x shot squeezed in that 30 seconds. You can set it up by having super ready to cash in then lite 4 of the 5 outlanes. Start super then finish outlanes for 5x shot. now your on a 25x multiplier for 1 shot. Guy on here got somewhere in the neighborhood of 2.5 million points in 1 shot. This was during a wizard mode if I remember correctly that he had set up for some decent base points.

#15907 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballslave:

5 of the 6 outlanes no? This type of strategy reminds me of Whitewater where you have 5x playfield combined with up to 3x jackpots... For those who don't know that game, the challenge was (for me at least!) to set it up so that class 6 river was done, Wet Willy's was reached, MB was just ready to start and all boulders collected except 5x pf, then get that and go straight for MB start for 5x vacation JP followed by up to 15x max JPs (having reached Wet Willy's and assuming you shot all 3 balls into insanity falls) and then have the balls in a loop by keeping them going into the lock (for the JP), then up insanity falls again from the upper pf... I liked to keep my left flipper raised so the the balls rolled to the right flipper to make the lock/JP shot to slow things down a bit such that the timing was that you could have all 3 balls in that loop while racking up multiple 15x JPs (before the 5x pf multiplier ran out)... that's what kept me coming back to that game...

I know that one quite well. One of my favorite pins. The randomness of the award tied to the pops was always fun. Get everything set up. Accidentally send a ball to the pops and mess up the setup. The other 2 special things in the game are when you the that super vacation jackpot the game pretends to die. Just a fun little gimmick. Seriously freaked out first time it happened to me. And the cow level

#15909 3 years ago

It’s been a while and I cannot find info atm. I got into playing whitewater on pinball arcade a few years ago and got really good with the rules. All I can remember is you had to do the full trip to wet willies, 6x river bonus...... all the things for super vacation jackpot. Then I believe you had to run though part of the game a second time and once completed you have a Easter egg mode that makes camera sounds and shows pics of Bigfoot when you hit certain shots as well as the occasional mooooooooo.

#15932 3 years ago

When you see 16 new posts and hope the excitement has to do with an update.

On the brite side at least the flipper pic showed pretty easily what the problem was

#15967 3 years ago

Ugh when you realize you can’t remember how it works. Guess I’m firing up the potc this weekend for some rules refreshers. The lights if I remember correct are just showing that the lock switch to either side of the chest is active. First time around they will both be lit. Hit them in any order and chest will activate a lock. Once 3 balls are locked you get the multi ball. The second time around only 1 of the switches are active at a time. I think it was left one then right one, but all you have to do is follow the light. Hit the lit one and then the other side will lite. Once both are hit in order slock is active again. Same process for all 3 balls again. The third time though I believe you have to run though both switches in order 2 times to get the locks, but not too sure have not payed close enough attn to the third time through

#15970 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballslave:

Another rules question... when you have gone through one if the mini-wizard modes, on subsequent visits to the star-map, I'm guessing that the chapters relating to the wizard you have done will not be selectable (because they will all be done)... is that right? Not played well enough to find out

Correct. At the moment once you complete 5 chapters in 1 movie that movie is done for the entire game. This is even true if you manage to complete all 25 chapter in the game ( all 5 movies done). I feel if you complete 25 chapters you should be able to go through them again, but that’s not what we have atm

1 week later
#16027 3 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

I'm pretty over this. keefer is certainly occupied, so I don't want to throw shade on him, but WTF DUDE you are turning this into a WOF situation. Took Stern years to recover from that.
BY THE WAY: due to Eric's usually-awesome-but-more-frequently-a-drain-suck-Letter-I-gate draining balls immediately from The Depths, there should be a ball save there. You talk shit about how nobody will get to the Final Wizard mode but don't have basic accommodations for mechanical issues? That's amateur hour.

All I can say is yep. year and a half without an updates. Meanwhile there has been time to update almost their whole other lineup. Its pretty fucking sad we cant even get bug fixes done. Picture this "lazy ass" finally gets everything where he wants it and we get an update, but because of the massive changes that were done a ton more bugs pop up. How long should we wait to get the second round of bug fixes? By this point surely there will be a new game to program and focus (or lack thereof) will shift.

#16055 3 years ago
Quoted from heni1977:

I think Keefer is still working on the best piratey music for the attract song!
I have high hopes that the next update will be AMAZING!!!
Sucks it is taking so long but JJP has to make money and keep the new pins coming out!

That’s called business. They will always have something new to do. Doesn’t mean they should abandon their old stuff. I just want to know at what point the fanboys will consider it taking too long. I mean are we going to make it a whole 2 years with no update. Meanwhile their “new” game has had 3-4 updates that included not only bug fixes but new features that weee not present on day 1. If potc was given the same care at any point we would have a more complete game. I still stand by what I said many months ago. If they would release anything even a minor update with a couple bug fixes people would calm down. It at least shows us they are doing something and not just always working on the new project.

#16062 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinballomatic:

Keefer always comes through but I don't like speaking for him because he's a world class player and has his own pinside voice and is a colleague and friend. All I meant by GnR being more or less done is that he will not be burdened going forward fleshing out too much more on GnR that's all. Last week a customer in Europe sent in his error log concerned about an error he didn't know how to fix. I emailed Keith and he explained that it was non fatal and based on what was reported there, it exposed a bug that he had already fixed in a code update. I said great which one? He said the next one. Game was a BA Hobbit. I swore there would be no more Hobbit code updates but for bug fixes and wifi there will be. So if that's in the works despite no Hobbit production ahead, what's to stop POTC from getting it's code too? That's all I meant. This seems like drama for the sake of drama to me but hey I see the points.

With an UNFINISHED game how can you justify working on a machine thats 5 years old. Speaking of Hobbit didnt it get a major release with code updates like a year ago. I guess it was more fun for him to recode a finished game than spend anytime working on Potc. Wonder if I can get apple to release an update for my iphone 4.

#16068 3 years ago

A bug does not mean a game is unfinished. Potc also has multiple game ending bugs. I guess I can play with the glass off that fixes one of them. And maybe just never play liars dice that fixes the other. I just don’t understand how you guys can have blind faith after 2 years that anything is getting done when it has been pretty clear they have 0 interest in finishing the machine in a timely manner.

3 weeks later
#16127 3 years ago
Quoted from RTS:

I was really just thinking that playing all chapters would automatically create a huge score by virtue of just having played so many.
I've never come close to doing that. It really is impressive.

Chapters by themselves aren’t worth a lot of points on their own. I did some testing at one time and running through all 25 chapters and complete it them was only worth 2-2.5 million points. Where there score really starts stacking up is from multipliers and multiball super jackpots.

2 weeks later
#16161 3 years ago

Try cleaning the opto. Could just be a little dirty

#16175 3 years ago
Quoted from mtp78:

What are you using to clean an opto that does not leave any residue ??

99% isopropyl alcohol with a q-tip works pretty well

1 month later
#16294 3 years ago

Points for wizard modes are increases 2 ways. First is by getting characters in the movies for that wizard mode. Completing the chapter gives no extra bonus that I know of. The second way is super jackpots for the associated multiball. Multiply your characters collected by your supers collected and this gives the game the baseline for how much shots score in the wizard mode. For me bad scores come from not having super jackpots for the multiplier.

#16307 3 years ago

Liars dice algorithm has always felt weird to me. Almost like it’s in a set pattern

#16328 3 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

John, that is awesome! And with Marty, no less. Walter Day is a legend and to be associated with that is an honor.

You mean the same Walter Day that is being sued for manipulating high scores for profit. True story he suppressed high scores many times over the years so that he could profit from it. For example Billy Mitchell was not the first to get a perfect pac man high score.

Video explains everything fairly well. Once upon a time Walter Day was a legend, but that time has long passed.

#16352 3 years ago
Quoted from Nepi23:

Seems that my auto-launcher has started playing tricks. I search the forum and apparently it is suggested to move the auto-launcher, pinch the auto-launcher forks, tie the coil firmly in its place and also to use these tiny rubber dots that one puts in e.g. cupboard doors. But was there ever a generally accepted "best solution" for the auto-launcher occasionally not being able to shoot the ball up the ramp?
Thanks for any info!

You need a slow mo video of the ball launch to find out what is going on. The fix depends on the problem. For me I had a couple things going on. First the ball was hitting the bottom part of the wireform where it attaches to play field. I grinder that down a tad. My second issue was a little extra play in the mech. Maybe 2-3mm but it was enough that if the ball was not perfectly in the center of shooter lane weak auto launches would occur. A nylon washer on the shooter mech fixed the second issue. The last “problem” I know of is sometimes the play field sits a bit too low for some reason. A piece of foam tape under the hangers fixes this for most people that I know of.

#16355 3 years ago

That looks like auto plunger is not hitting the ball square. See if you can move the auto plunger to the left or right with the glass off. Almost willing to bet if the auto plunger is to one side it will plunge fine and other the momentum will be off. If this works you need to shim the mech to which ever side plunges fine. The ball hitting the wire form occurs a little farther up on the cross rail that attaches to the play field. Ball will roll fine until it hits the crossbar. Easy to tell as the part it hits will not have chrome

#16393 3 years ago

Just wait till $15 minimum wage ( I hope not ) machines will double in price over night. I’m not saying I’m not open to raising the minimum wage but doubling it would do no good. Pinball machines as far as i know have always been expensive. Weren’t data east of the 90’s like 3k or something. Gas was well under a buck a gallon. Now gas is 2-3 bucks a gallon and pins are well 9k. It’s called inflation

2 weeks later
#16473 3 years ago

Might depend on the post sleeve. I remember having to cut mine down by maybe a 1/8 of an inch. It is worth noting that putting a rubber on the post saves the PITA (pain in the ass) rubber, but it also makes the chapter shot a little tighter. For me was not that big of an issue. For others in the house it is more difficult to start chapters

4 weeks later
#16675 3 years ago

I think there is a slight bias toward chapters that have your character in it. Might be wrong

#16678 2 years ago

C-134 of the manual shows playfield posts. couldnt get the picture to copy for some reason

1 week later
#16696 2 years ago

If for some reason the game doesnt think it has a good picture of you it will pull a picture from a previous game I think

6 months later
#17268 2 years ago

This is pathetic at this point. Yet again a lucky few people get an update that they can play with and the rest are still sitting on code that is over 2 years old. If we go by how often beta code is out before someone gives a fuck to decide to release the next sliver of code it will be 2023 before we see anything. So we are at almost 3 years with an unfinished game do I have the right to complain? Wish I still had the screenshots (private message) where Keith said he was embarassed about still missing features that were supposed to be in the last update that was over 2 years ago. If they had any pride there would have been something released in the past 2 years, but fuck it they already recieved my money right.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Mod Co.
Decals
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 38.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
316 posts in this topic match your search for posts by gnarlee. You are on page 2 of 2.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider gnarlee.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-pirates-of-the-caribbean-official-owners-and-fan-club/page/2?tu=gnarlee and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.