(Topic ID: 200141)

JJP Pirates of the Caribbean Official Owners and Fan Club!

By goren1818

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 18,875 posts
  • 633 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 17 hours ago by Mrsiyufy
  • Topic is favorited by 284 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
20240330_165232 (resized).jpg
POTC_Mods_annotated (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2024-03-29 at 12.02.54 PM (resized).png
17117301082711484468150429261795 (resized).jpg
20240329_160033 (resized).jpg
431321214_1110342276953195_8816628931148154685_n (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223442061 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223435586 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240204_044856660.MP (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240203-170723 (resized).png
PXL_20240128_214506994 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240128_224833483.MP (resized).jpg
IMG_0980 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0982 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0981 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

20 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,875 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 378.
#51 6 years ago

I just sent my deposit in for a LE to flipnout1 ! I had the chance to play a few games at Expo and the game is nothing but amazing to me. I was surprised by how well Eric and the rest of the team pulled it off. The other favorite JJP title is WOZ, which Zanzabar has a nice one in Louisville set up that I can always play. The biggest difference to me on POTC vs WOZ (or TH) is that POTC does not feel like a widebody on the shots. The real estate on the game is thought out well and completely chalked full of features. The second game, I finally noticed the 2 magnets at the top of the playfield above the map targets, that I think you may be able can control with flippers. I know ZBar will be getting one, but with the deep rule set, and the toys.. I know that my kids are going to play a ton of it too and not get bored, and that is what it is all about.

I felt like I talked a lot to Eric, Keith, Joe Harber and Jack on the game, which definitely helped me with making the decision to purchase the pin.
Thanks JJP crew for making an awesome pinball!

Oh, and what better way to move a nice title like this but with an Escalera from flipnout1 (That was for you Larry lol)

#52 6 years ago

I was lucky enough to play two games with the designer both Thurs evening and Friday. I am no fan of JJP games until this one. Game is killer except for the price. If you are on the fence, try to get a chance to play it - pretty cool new stuff.

Scott

#53 6 years ago

So geeked out about POTC! Ordered a CE without yet playing it. I’m hoping to catch a turn in Nashville. Especially since the news today that Star Wars is out of commission until Stearn fixes the code. What a bummer.

1 week later
#54 6 years ago

In plastic this looks a bit cheesy... but apply some custom paint, some LED’s and make it look a bit more weathered and does anyone think this Costco toy might just serve as a decent topper?

DD330FEF-E557-480C-AE48-1CC3E1C2FD97.jpegDD330FEF-E557-480C-AE48-1CC3E1C2FD97.jpeg

#55 6 years ago

I’m in for an LE. The CE is just too pricey.

1 week later
#56 6 years ago

PinballSTAR's JJP Pirates of the Caribbean LAUNCH PARTY - at Pinball Gallery, Malvern PA - Sat December 9th - (12 - 4pm) !

PinballSTAR has arranged to have a POTC game available to our east coast pinball friends. Like our prior reveal parties we will be at the wonderful location owned by Bill Disney - Pinball Gallery in Malvern PA...

TO ATTEND : We do need an RSVP sent to [email protected] - please put 'PIRATES PARTY' in the subject line and give us names of each person who will be attending. Even if you can't make the party to get on the list for the latest Pirates info, pictures, and ordering details email Joe at [email protected] to get on our email newsletter list ! And we are currently taking orders on all Pirates models - Standard, Limited, and Collectors Editions.

Party features :
- JJP's new game Pirates of the Caribbean will be there to play !
- Several other JJP games such as WOZ, Hobbit, and Dialed In will be on site to play - depends on Pinball Gallery game lineup at that time !
- Jersey Jack Guarnieri will be in attendance signing autographs, shaking hands / kissing babies, and of course explaining the fantastic playfield layout and gameplay of Pirates !
- The entire Pinball Gallery arcade to play - OVER 65 pinballs and arcade machines ! Stay all day / night even after the party is over.
- Door prizes given throughout the party - possible prizes are : POTC Swag, POTC Flyers, Limited Edition PinballSTAR POTC Posters and Trading Cards, and more - all signed by Jack !
- Food - Light Snacks / Drinks

Door fee for the party is estimated to be $ 20 and you will have full use all day of Pinball Gallery.

Pinball Gallery
81 Lancaster Ave.
Great Valley Shopping Center, Store #20
Malvern, PA 19355
(484) 693-0693

Pinball Gallery is run by Bill Disney and is located outside Philadelphia (very close to King of Prussia).
Pinball Gallery Website - CHECK IT OUT ! Look at the VIDEO TOUR !!!
http://www.pinballgallery.net

LIKE PinballSTAR's Facebook page for the latest info on the POTC game :
https://www.facebook.com/pages/PinballSTAR-Amusements/281515171950637

We hope to see everyone who can make it !!! Our parties are always at fun locations with tons of giveaways and great food !!!

TO ATTEND : We do need an RSVP sent to [email protected] - please put 'PIRATES PARTY' in heading and give us names of each person who will be attending.

Please also know we have many of the following games IN STOCK at this time that we sell - including JJP's Dialed In !

* Jersey Jack Pinball -
- Wizard of Oz - Standard, 75th Anniversary Ruby Red - IN STOCK
- The Hobbit - Standard, Limited, and Black Arrow - IN STOCK
- Dialed In - Standard, Limited, and Collector's - IN STOCK
- Pirates of the Caribbean - Standard, Limited, and Collector's - Pre-order

* Chicago Gaming Remakes -
- Medieval Madness Remake - Standard Edition - IN STOCK
- Attack From Mars Remake - Classic, Special, and Limited Editions - IN STOCK SOON !

* Spooky Pinball -
- Total Nuclear Annihilation - Pre-order (in production now)
- Alice Cooper's Nightmare Castle (Pre-order coming soon - taking interested list names at this time)

* American Pinball -
- Houdini - Pre-order (production to start by end of the year)

* VP Cabs - Virtual Pinball
AS SEEN IN MAY ON ABC'S SHARK TANK ! They got a deal with Daymond John !
- Wizard - Full sized, powder coated machine with about 60 FX2 pinball tables and 100's of classic pinball tables available for download. IN STOCK
- Vertigo - Vertical upright cabinet with about 60 FX2 pinball tables and 60 classic video games - get both pinball and video games in one cabinet. Also you can upgrade the base model to get the ability to download all the classic tables too ! IN STOCK
- Vortex - Table top Vertigo model IN STOCK
Check out their website THEN CONTACT US FOR PINBALLSTAR CUSTOMER DISCOUNTED PRICING : http://www.vpcabs.com

* Chicago Gaming -
- Arcade Legends 3 - 130 classic video games including Golden Tee Golf in one cabinet http://www.arcadelegends.com/ - IN STOCK
- Ms Pac Man / Galaga video game http://www.chicago-gaming.com/pacman.php - IN STOCK
- Coffee Table Foosball - great quality, it's like a piece of furniture http://www.chicago-gaming.com/signature.php - IN STOCK

Joe Newhart
PinballSTAR Amusements
[email protected]
570-357-0042

pinballgallery (resized).jpgpinballgallery (resized).jpg
PS Logo (resized).jpgPS Logo (resized).jpg
POTCmatrix2 (resized).jpgPOTCmatrix2 (resized).jpg
potc5 (resized).pngpotc5 (resized).png

1 month later
#57 6 years ago

I have a deposit on an LE. The pin does look killer!

Not sure if I should post this here as well but what is everyone's thoughts on the spinning discs? If you watch the videos you can see that they rock as the ball(s) go over them. I have great concern about the possible wear of the playfield edge on the large hole that the discs sit in. What are your thoughts and how can we direct this question to Jack and Team? A thin stainless steel or carbon fiber cliffy may be in order, assuming that there is enough room.

I have an early WOZECLE and had to work with their Team to get through the RGB LED issues. They were very supportive and quite giving to get this resolved for me, I am very grateful but would prefer to not have to go through something similar. Potential wear on a PF is not something that can be easily fixed.

#58 6 years ago

I asked Eric about wear around the discs at Expo and he basically said it's a non-issue because the spacing is so tight. FWIW.

1 week later
#59 6 years ago
Quoted from RichieWrench:

I am in for #12 POTC-CE.

I knew you would be.
I am in for a LE. This will be my first JJP Title and prob my only NIB. Now I am still trying to smooth it over with the wife. But I think once she gets a few games in she will be hooked. Although when she asked how much it costs and then replied with, How much will the divorce cost you! I just kinda shrugged it off. LMAO!

#60 6 years ago

Deposit on CE, was told 6-7 months

1 month later
#61 6 years ago

SDTM Episode 51: Pirates of the Caribbean Pinball Machine Review - Deluxe Edition Part 1

#62 6 years ago

Look what I been playing all night.

20180223_213253 (resized).jpg20180223_213253 (resized).jpg

#63 6 years ago
Quoted from woody76:

Look what I been playing all night.

I love that place!

1 week later
#65 6 years ago

Is it a HIT or a FLOP?!

SDTM Episode 52: JJP Pirates of the Caribbean Deluxe Review Part 2

#66 6 years ago

Zach and Greg sealed the deal. Can't wait for it to ship!

3 months later
#67 5 years ago

Arrrrr GOLD! We are proud to introduce our First JJP Pirates custom GOLD mod. The CE models got barnacle the standard and LE owners deserve Gold! A very simple yet highly detailed add on to dress up the lock down bar and highlight to remind you to collect yer treasures! Each piece airbrush detailed for an authentic look worthy of such a fine machine. The mod kit also includes a single pirate coin translucent decal to perfectly detail the center illuminated button! Mod is simple to add and does Not effect play or originality should you wish to reverse later. Plunder this mod and be ready for when they start shipping!!! Arrrrrrr. Available now via our New website store. www.TheModCouplePinball.com Thank all you scurvy Pirates for liking our products!!!

The Mod Couple

IMG_0097 (resized).jpgIMG_0097 (resized).jpgIMG_0101 (resized).jpgIMG_0101 (resized).jpgIMG_0106 (resized).jpgIMG_0106 (resized).jpgIMG_0109 (resized).jpgIMG_0109 (resized).jpg
#68 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

the standard and LE owners deserve Gold!

Where did you get that ?

Great mod !

LTG : )

1 week later
#69 5 years ago

PinballSTAR will be at ReplayFX again in 2018 ! WITH DIALED IN AND PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN !

We are planning on having the following games (subject to change) :

JJP :
Wizard of Oz (will bring only if pre-sold)
Hobbit (will bring only if pre-sold)
Dialed In - open for play and NIB
Pirates of the Caribbean - open for play

Chicago Gaming :
Medieval Madness Remake (will bring only if pre-sold)
Attack From Mars Remake (will bring only if pre-sold)

American Pinball :
Houdini - open for play and NIB

Spooky :
TNA - open for play
Alice Cooper's Nightmare Castle - open for play

Homepin :
Thunderbirds - open for play

VP Cabs :
Vertigo - open for play
Vortex - open for play

Pre-orders for free delivery to the show ? YUP we'll do that...

We will bring INVISIGLASS if anyone wants to pre-order before the show - discounts for multiple sheets - we will ONLY bring what is pre-sold. Email Sales@PinballSTAR for pricing.

Email Joe at [email protected] for our full price list.

Joe Newhart
PinballSTAR Amusements
[email protected]
570-357-0042

PS Logo (resized).jpgPS Logo (resized).jpg
#70 5 years ago

Dead men tell no tales! We are proud to introduce our newest JJP Pirates custom Deadmen sign mod. A very simple yet highly detailed add on to dress up the devils triangle entrance! Each piece airbrush detailed for an authentic look worthy of such a fine machine. Mod is simple to install and does Not effect play or originality should you wish to reverse later. While shown in the preferred location above the devils triangle entrance you could install it to your personal taste also! Plunder this mod and be ready for when they start shipping!!! Fits ALL JJP versions! Enter at yer own risk, available Now along with many other unique custom Mods via our new online store. www.TheModCouplePinball.com
The Mod Couple

DeadMen_EDITED (resized).pngDeadMen_EDITED (resized).pngDeadmen2 (resized).pngDeadmen2 (resized).pngDeadmen5 (resized).pngDeadmen5 (resized).png
#71 5 years ago

Escape the Hangman ye be warned! We are proud to introduce our newest JJP Pirates custom Hangman Gallows mod. A very simple yet highly detailed add on to dress up the Escape the hangman out-lane! Each piece airbrush detailed for an authentic look worthy of such a fine machine and even includes an Ever so cute perfectly details parrot. You can't have pirates without a parrot!! Mod is simple to install and does Not effect play or originality should you wish to reverse later. Plunder this mod and be ready for when they start shipping!!! Don't get caught by the hangman, Available today from our store and www.TheModCouplePinball.com

Thanks for checking it out,
The Mod Couple

IMG_0249 (resized).jpgIMG_0249 (resized).jpgIMG_0250 (resized).jpgIMG_0250 (resized).jpgIMG_0258 (resized).jpgIMG_0258 (resized).jpgPOTC_Gallow_Photoshop (resized).pngPOTC_Gallow_Photoshop (resized).png
1 month later
#72 5 years ago

Who here has gotten the call and will be joining the club soon?!

#73 5 years ago
Quoted from goren1818:

Waiting for my distributer to invoice me. I know I am first on their list. Any...moment...

2 weeks later
#74 5 years ago
Quoted from goren1818:

I got an email from Jen saying I should have mine in November... very excited!!

#75 5 years ago
Quoted from Navy_AT1:

I got an email from Jen saying I should have mine in November... very excited!!

Woohoo! When did you place your order?

#76 5 years ago
Quoted from goren1818:

Woohoo! When did you place your order?

Only a couple of weeks ago so those that have been in since the beginning should have theirs any time now

#77 5 years ago

I got my shipping notification yesterday! Hoping it is here next week. I will post some pics when it arrives!

#78 5 years ago
Quoted from pinballj:

I got my shipping notification yesterday! Hoping it is here next week. I will post some pics when it arrives!

Would love to see an unboxing video!!

#79 5 years ago

No homeowner pics? Tired of seeing barcades, bars, dealer pics. I dont care about those pics, come on homeowners!!!

#80 5 years ago

Finally have some time to upload some pics!
So I don't have a walkout which means I unboxed it in the garage and used my sweet escalera to take it down the stairs (in case you are wondering why the unboxing is not in the same place).

20180908_153549 (resized).jpg20180908_153549 (resized).jpg20180908_153554 (resized).jpg20180908_153554 (resized).jpg20180908_153719 (resized).jpg20180908_153719 (resized).jpg
#81 5 years ago

I didn't take pics of setting it up lol (sorry! I will ask my friends that were there if I can get their pics), but after it was set up my brother and I did a quick check of connectors underneath (everything was solid!)

20180908_160623 (resized).jpg20180908_160623 (resized).jpg20180908_162029 (resized).jpg20180908_162029 (resized).jpg20180908_162032 (resized).jpg20180908_162032 (resized).jpg20180908_162038 (resized).jpg20180908_162038 (resized).jpg
#82 5 years ago

Two minor call outs... The packing material wasn't exactly spelled out on the setup sheet. It was called out to "remove packing material", but just remember to take the foam blocks out from around the black pearl. They were a little hard to see as they blended in, but we did catch it before turning on.

As far as the topper goes, the cable is wire tied to the back of the bracket where the topper mounts too (I love strain reliefs!). This actually is in the way of the topper, so I had to slip off the wire tie. I plan to put a large wire tie on so that it just can't slip back through the hole in the top of the cabinet (if that makes sense)

20180908_160244 (resized).jpg20180908_160244 (resized).jpg20180908_160739 (resized).jpg20180908_160739 (resized).jpg
#83 5 years ago

This is kindof a terrible pic, but wanted to show the led lighting underneath the black pearl ramp, which lights up the playfield pretty well. The spotlights do a good job too.

20180909_150351 (resized).jpg20180909_150351 (resized).jpg
#84 5 years ago

Here are some other random photos

20180909_150311 (resized).jpg20180909_150311 (resized).jpg20180909_150323 (resized).jpg20180909_150323 (resized).jpg20180909_150600 (resized).jpg20180909_150600 (resized).jpg20180909_150644 (resized).jpg20180909_150644 (resized).jpg20180909_150657 (resized).jpg20180909_150657 (resized).jpg
#85 5 years ago

Everyone likes a nice set of legs right?

These look like a powder coated blackish-brown in my basement lighting, but the Leg Bolts AND leg levelers are powder coated the same. I was a little shocked on the levelers. Maybe all powder coated games have this (this is my first LE obviously).

20180909_153631 (resized).jpg20180909_153631 (resized).jpg
#86 5 years ago

oh also the pic above on the legs (just saw it)... they give you a piece of cut felt that goes behind the legs.

Basically cabinet->mounted metal plate->felt->leg if that makes sense.

#87 5 years ago
Quoted from pinballj:

Finally have some time to upload some pics!
So I don't have a walkout which means I unboxed it in the garage and used my sweet escalera to take it down the stairs (in case you are wondering why the unboxing is not in the same place).[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Thanks so much for the pics. It looks great. Hopefully not many issues out of the box. Its been in testing for 25 years so it should play perfect.

#88 5 years ago

Very cool, @pinball. If you ever want someone to play some games with, I'll bring the food.

#89 5 years ago

@pinballj... it’s been 2hrs so what are your initial thoughts? We need details!

#90 5 years ago

This pic is making me realize I need to order some mirror blades

AD4AADA6-E0DF-4AAD-96CA-A848948CCCC2 (resized).pngAD4AADA6-E0DF-4AAD-96CA-A848948CCCC2 (resized).png
#91 5 years ago

Thanks for sharing these pics and I am happy to see them here in the club thread, good call.

I too want to hear more once you get a hundred games or so in.

It might be 3-4 weeks before JJP ships mine.
As long as it is before snow falls.

#92 5 years ago

Oh, and if you can share your thoughts on additional protection that we should consider. Maybe you or someone else can soon work with Cliff to ready what we 'need'.

#93 5 years ago
Quoted from mountaingamer:

pinballj... it’s been 2hrs so what are your initial thoughts? We need details!

Something I shouldn't admit lol, but after the game was set up..first ball I full plunge it, and it flies around the top orbit straight down the middle. That is when we notice ball save is not on by default! So my "first impression was 256 points"

Honestly, this game has a lot going on as you all know. The developers on the twitch streams definitely make it look easy. I know it is a new game in the house , but my 9 year old loves it (esp collecting gold).

The light show of the GI is awesome...esp for stranger tides multiball when it goes red. The colors pop very well.

Sound/music.. I wish I remember what chapter it was, but there was like a choir chant (not describing this well) going on which was very awesome.

I haven't made any adjustments yet to the playfield or any power settings. Trunk lock has worked fine so far. There were a couple that didn't make it up, but it wasn't directly hit either. I do like how the balls are physically locked and displayed.

One software change I would love to see, but may be too difficult... Let's have this game have a "max players" option default to 4, that you can add up to 32 players. Last night we had 8 people all wanting to play. It would have been cool if we could plunder against each other! ARGHHHH!!!!

#94 5 years ago

Some questions for you:
Do you think the game has too many toys in it?
Do you feel like there are too many characters to choose from?
Can you understand how to play the game at all?
Do you know why the compass on the apron isn't round instead of the rectangular shape of a small LCD screen?

Actually...don't bother answering.

#95 5 years ago
Quoted from solarvalue:

Do you know why the compass on the apron isn't round instead of the rectangular shape of a small LCD screen?

Why would he know this?

There is already a discussion on this.

The majority of screens are not round, JJP was not likely up to getting a custom screen made.

#96 5 years ago
Quoted from dnaman:

Why would he know this?

Sorry, I was trying to make a joke based on a podcast I just listened to, I added a sarcasm emoji.

#97 5 years ago

No need to apologize, I did think that you were serious and thought 'please not in the club thread!'. I'll lighten up.

I do hope that others don't come in asking those types of questions

#98 5 years ago
Quoted from pinballj:

Two minor call outs... The packing material wasn't exactly spelled out on the setup sheet. It was called out to "remove packing material", but just remember to take the foam blocks out from around the black pearl. They were a little hard to see as they blended in, but we did catch it before turning on.
As far as the topper goes, the cable is wire tied to the back of the bracket where the topper mounts too (I love strain reliefs!). This actually is in the way of the topper, so I had to slip off the wire tie. I plan to put a large wire tie on so that it just can't slip back through the hole in the top of the cabinet (if that makes sense)
[quoted image][quoted image]

I like the piece of "wood" from the Black Pearl down to the ramp and did you have to remove the top of the Black Pearl to get to the packaging

#99 5 years ago

Just noticed in that picture of the upper playfield that there are extra holes so you can adjust the size of the "man overboard" opening - nice touch.

#100 5 years ago
Quoted from solarvalue:

Sorry, I was trying to make a joke based on a podcast I just listened to, I added a sarcasm emoji.

I typically like his podcasts but on the case of Pirates he’s way out there and wrong. He just doesn’t know Pinball. I like how he compared the rules of a game he’s owned for a year vs Pirates. I played Pirates and BM66 a handful of times each last week. In the 4 times I played each; I got the penguin crane out 0 times and I fired the black pearl cannon once or more in each game and blew up a ship once. I’ve played BM66 in the past and I still don’t understand that game whereas Pirates is easy to me. I have no idea how to light multipliers in BM66 but on Pirates is light as day, it says it on the ‘useless’ apron display “Super X” and even gives a ‘call out’ saying it’s lit, and the ‘oversized’ display shows your pf super x multiplier light as day.

He did have some good points though, especially about a 4-player game and how long it takes to get going when you have 22 characters to select from. Stern fixed this on GOT by making casual mode for operators that has House Stark as default. Maybe JJP can do something similar for Pirates and just have 4 or 5 of the main characters selectable for operators and advanced players can hold down action button to gain access to all 22.

And btw, potc isn’t all about jack sparrow. There’s tons of characters in the movies that play huge roles, hence all the character chapter mode styles and shots in the game. Fantastic integration for what rights JJP had even if a podcaster doesn’t think so. Don’t believe everything you hear on podcasts

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 100.00
Boards
Led Pinball

$ 45.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Wanted
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Vernon, BC
$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 99.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 26.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

There are 18,875 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 378.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-pirates-of-the-caribbean-official-owners-and-fan-club/page/2?hl=crile1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.