(Topic ID: 200141)

JJP Pirates of the Caribbean Official Owners and Fan Club!

By goren1818

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 18,869 posts
  • 633 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 hours ago by Oneangrymo
  • Topic is favorited by 284 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
20240330_165232 (resized).jpg
POTC_Mods_annotated (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2024-03-29 at 12.02.54 PM (resized).png
17117301082711484468150429261795 (resized).jpg
20240329_160033 (resized).jpg
431321214_1110342276953195_8816628931148154685_n (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223442061 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223435586 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240204_044856660.MP (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240203-170723 (resized).png
PXL_20240128_214506994 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240128_224833483.MP (resized).jpg
IMG_0980 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0982 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0981 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

20 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,869 posts in this topic. You are on page 299 of 378.
#14901 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Pirates fans, designer Eric Meunier is streaming his POTC CE #1 tonight at 8:30 CST!
Be there or be [ ][quoted image]

Is there a link to this?

#14904 3 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

Or some shaker motor action when you sink the Dauntless!
Surprising that this has been neglected given Keith is such a big shaker motor fan.

LOL caught that too

#14905 3 years ago

Eric confirmed in his live stream tonight why Sao Feng isn't in the game. He tried to get him in the game, but he said Chow Yun Fat was a dead stop no to any licensing. Money, whatever didn't matter so they weren't able to put him in the game.

#14906 3 years ago

Great stream. Fun to see Eric back at it again. Love this game.

#14907 3 years ago

Is the recording of the stream gone? Can't seem to find it.

#14908 3 years ago
Quoted from Axl:

Is the recording of the stream gone? Can't seem to find it.

unfortunately, this one was not archived.

#14909 3 years ago
Quoted from KingPinGames:

unfortunately, this one was not archived.

Can you please just reenact it again for us tonight. Thanks KP your the best!

#14912 3 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Done!!
[quoted image]

That looks great...well done!

#14913 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

That looks great...well done!

Accidentally printed it with 100% infill (solid block of plastic), so it is REALLY sturdy

#14914 3 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Accidentally printed it with 100% infill (solid block of plastic), so it is REALLY sturdy

well done...

#14915 3 years ago

I put the same cup holder on my Hobbit Black Arrow and also on my Oktoberfest but without the bands of twine on the sides. It really looks great on OKT. Someone did a really nice job in creating it.

#14916 3 years ago

What ground loop isolator seems to work best at eliminating the hiss/whine/buzz sound that is non stop during game play?

Easy install?

#14917 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

What ground loop isolator seems to work best at eliminating the hiss/whine/buzz sound that is non stop during game play?
Easy install?

I believe POTC already includes one. Try *removing* it - it's usually at the back of the cabinet.

#14918 3 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

I believe POTC already includes one. Try *removing* it - it's usually at the back of the cabinet.

It does have one but it’s been reported they are poor quality and create this faint steady hissing/buzz sound.

I thought someone installed some sort of replacement that corrected this issue? Is it even necessary to have one installed?

#14919 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

It does have one but it’s been reported they are poor quality and create this faint steady hissing/buzz sound.
I thought someone installed some sort of replacement that corrected this issue? Is it even necessary to have one installed?

My new gl came in today. I will install it after work. Fingers crossed.

#14920 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

I don't know if it's the best. It's been posted here in the past by others and me on various JJP threads.

https://www.amazon.com/AUKEY-Ground-Isolator-Systems-Included/dp/B01L1NP7YI/ref=sr_1_2_sspa

LTG : )

#14921 3 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

My new gl came in today. I will install it after work. Fingers crossed.

What one did you order? Let me know if it works.

#14922 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

I got this one. My short attention span quickly tired of clicking on each one to see the differences, so I just bought one. Will find out soon. I also have a replacement coming from JJP.

https://www.amazon.com/BESIGN-Ground-Isolator-Stereo-System/dp/B06XQYN77L/ref=sr_1_7

#14923 3 years ago

I bought the one recommended by Lloyd (ltg), post 14920. The guru was spot on and it works great.

#14924 3 years ago
Quoted from arcadem:

I bought the one recommended by Lloyd (ltg), post 14920. The guru was spot on and it works great.

Perfect, will be ordering. The hissing noise is really irritating after a while.

#14925 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

I don't know if it's the best. It's been posted here in the past by others and me on various JJP threads.
amazon.com link »

Will this help with the terrible turn on pop as well?

#14926 3 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Done!!
[quoted image]

Nicely done. Guess I should have been clearer ... someone commercially needs to do this so poor saps like me can buy one since I don't have a 3D printer.

#14927 3 years ago
Quoted from GCS2000:

Will this help with the terrible turn on pop as well?

No.

#14928 3 years ago

does anyone know the exact model or a replacement for the spinning pop bumper top motor?

#14929 3 years ago
Quoted from GCS2000:

Nicely done. Guess I should have been clearer ... someone commercially needs to do this so poor saps like me can buy one since I don't have a 3D printer.

Aaah.. touche’!!

That was the last good print I got out of our printer. I think it was a 9 hour print but it does look quite good - made me learn about paint foundations and “wash” paints

#14930 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Installed it tonight and it didn't help. My audio still keeps going out.

#14931 3 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Installed it tonight and it didn't help. My audio still keeps going out.

My audio doesn’t go out or clip. Just a high pitch hum/hiss in background.

#14932 3 years ago
Quoted from Dexje:

does anyone know the exact model or a replacement for the spinning pop bumper top motor?

C-32 in your manual

BDD88B7C-D8E1-4AD0-AB65-0A4051F1EC99 (resized).pngBDD88B7C-D8E1-4AD0-AB65-0A4051F1EC99 (resized).png
#14933 3 years ago
Quoted from evh347:

C-32 in your manual
[quoted image]

that sadly does not help - i´ve already seen it and searched for the part number. nobody sells it.

#14934 3 years ago
Quoted from Dexje:

that sadly does not help - i´ve already seen it and searched for the part number. nobody sells it.

So is this another POTC part number that JJP isn't stocking any longer?

#14935 3 years ago
Quoted from Dexje:

Yep, when I saw this posted yesterday I was curious and tried to look up the part number online at PinballLife, Marco, and then just a regular Google search with the part number and didn't find anything. Maybe if you sent an e-mail to one of the pinball parts companies like PinballLife, Marco, or another one describing what you're looking for they would know what it is or be able to find it?

#14936 3 years ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

Yep, when I saw this posted yesterday I was curious and tried to look up the part number online at PinballLife, Marco, and then just a regular Google search with the part number and didn't find anything. Maybe if you sent an e-mail to one of the pinball parts companies like PinballLife, Marco, or another one describing what you're looking for they would know what it is or be able to find it?

Have you tried contacting JJP?

#14937 3 years ago
Quoted from Dexje:

As you haven’t described Why you need this part nor contacted JJP might I suggest contacting HarryHoudini. He sells this motor kit complete and I’m sure he could help you out.

He has it listed for 15$. Problem solved.
https://pinballmods.co/pirates-of-the-caribbean-jjp/spinning-pop-bumper-barrels-jjp-potc

#14938 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

As you haven’t described Why you need this part nor contacted JJP might I suggest contacting HarryHoudini. He sells this motor kit complete and I’m sure he could help you out.

great idea...I can't imagine its not a standard motor thats probably cheap

#14939 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

He has it listed for 15$. Problem solved.
https://pinballmods.co/pirates-of-the-caribbean-jjp/spinning-pop-bumper-barrels-jjp-potc

I want to build my own spinning pirate mod for my SE. Thats why i´m looking for the part. So if anyone does know which motor is used - it would be very helpful

JJP hasnt really been helpful as a EU customer since they just redirect me to the main EU distributor and they dont have anything in stock nor will they get any parts from JJP anytime soon as they order everything in bulk shipments.

#14940 3 years ago
Quoted from Dexje:

I want to build my own spinning pirate mod for my SE. Thats why i´m looking for the part. So if anyone does know which motor is used - it would be very helpful
JJP hasnt really been helpful as a EU customer since they just redirect me to the main EU distributor and they dont have anything in stock nor will they get any parts from JJP anytime soon as they order everything in bulk shipments.

Again Harry H sells this; why not buy one of the ones he made? Have you seen that one?

#14941 3 years ago
Quoted from BC_Gambit:

Again Harry H sells this; why not buy one of the ones he made? Have you seen that one?

US - so shipping + customs makes no sense for such a part...

#14942 3 years ago

Have you looked to see if there is another part number on the motor itself. The motor looks like a standard brushed dc motor that is used for r/c cars. I bet if you pulled the motor and took it to a hobby shop they could find you a replacement. With that being said as it most likely is a standard brushed dc motor there should be no reason for them not to stock it. Just another reason I have lost faith in jjp for the time being. Also waited a bit for this one. No update for over a year and in what another 9 months or so we will be to the fabled 3 years all the ghostbuster fanboys speak of.

#14943 3 years ago
Quoted from GnarLee:

Have you looked to see if there is another part number on the motor itself. The motor looks like a standard brushed dc motor that is used for r/c cars. I bet if you pulled the motor and took it to a hobby shop they could find you a replacement. With that being said as it most likely is a standard brushed dc motor there should be no reason for them not to stock it. Just another reason I have lost faith in jjp for the time being. Also waited a bit for this one. No update for over a year and in what another 9 months or so we will be to the fabled 3 years all the ghostbuster fanboys speak of.

He doesn’t have the motor, he wants to make a mod like HarryHoudini offers and as I understand it doesn’t want to order fro HH or JJP due to shipping cost. Maybe HH wants to give him his source for the motor as I could only direct on where to buy it.

#14944 3 years ago
Quoted from Dexje:

US - so shipping + customs makes no sense for such a part...

Because you have an SE, JJP won’t sell it to you.

#14945 3 years ago

How do others have their flippers aligned? I wish JJP had guided on the playfield. My flippers were binding a bit so had to loosen to fix. Getting them in the right position is confusing. Some of my games like AFM have lower flipper positions by design.

So where should pirates be? I adjusted my right so that I can backflip the pearl. My left sits marginally lower.

Balls out of the depth do not lane pass to the right flipper unless I drop the Left flipper just as it starts to roll over. I take it this is intended? Do people try to pass or just flip straight away with the left flipper.

One of the things I find frustrating with the game is the amount of time the ball spends in the depths or bouncing around the slings. If I can adjust flipper alignment, switch to superbands or learn better techniques that would be great.

Any help is appreciated.

Here is my flipper position.

66483307-0D8D-497F-B6AE-930C4AA5373B (resized).jpeg66483307-0D8D-497F-B6AE-930C4AA5373B (resized).jpeg
#14946 3 years ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

How do others have their flippers aligned? I wish JJP had guided on the playfield. My flippers were binding a bit so had to loosen to fix. Getting them in the right position is confusing. Some of my games like AFM have lower flipper positions by design.
So where should pirates be? I adjusted my right so that I can backflip the pearl. My left sits marginally lower.
Balls out of the depth do not lane pass to the right flipper unless I drop the Left flipper just as it starts to roll over. I take it this is intended? Do people try to pass or just flip straight away with the left flipper.
One of the things I find frustrating with the game is the amount of time the ball spends in the depths or bouncing around the slings. If I can adjust flipper alignment, switch to superbands or learn better techniques that would be great.
Any help is appreciated.
Here is my flipper position. [quoted image]

I’ve been thinking about the same thing lately. Here’s where mine are. i think my right is a bit lower than my left and I’m going to raise it a bit to match. I’m especially curious about the upper left flipper though. Right now when I hit the loop and raise the flipper it doesn’t deflect into the gold targets. It misses above them. I’m thinking I should move it back toward the ramp a bit, but not so much that balls coming around the loop go SDTM if they aren’t flipped.

48AED97C-B4F6-423A-B6F6-0CEF137DAE22 (resized).jpeg48AED97C-B4F6-423A-B6F6-0CEF137DAE22 (resized).jpegB355C290-6F0D-43CB-8342-6C2EF36A7357 (resized).jpegB355C290-6F0D-43CB-8342-6C2EF36A7357 (resized).jpeg
#14947 3 years ago

When in doubt.... lay a metal ruler on the ball guide.

#14948 3 years ago
Quoted from Lounge:

Was going to suggest the same (plastic ruler though to avoid scratching)

#14949 3 years ago
Quoted from Lounge:

So I tried that. But that makes the flippers rest to far up.

I always get confused by the parallel to the lane guides. Does that mean the rubber of the flipper rests against the metal ruler which is running against the lane guide? Or do you line up the centre of the flipper against this parallel line?

Both my dead pool and AFM have alignment marks where the flipper points down compared to the lane guides. And pirates being such a wide bodied machine with targets so far too the side makes me think you don’t want the flippers to far off.

Then there is backflipping the pearl. Is this doable because of flipper alignment being slightly up or a higher flipper power setting?

Lastly the depths. How to do a rolling flipper pass from the depths over a raised left flipper to the right? Is this meant to happen? Or just always flip?

I guess I would like to know what the game behaviour should be. As I said the parallel rule does not work with some of my other pins.

#14950 3 years ago
Quoted from Lounge:

That’s how I have set up all my games new and old. True and parallel to the lane is a proper neutral. Jacking them to make shots or back hands possible doesn’t seem correct for me by design.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Vernon, BC
$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Mod Co.

Wanted
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

29,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Frisco, TX
$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 45.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 35.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 26.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 18,869 posts in this topic. You are on page 299 of 378.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-pirates-of-the-caribbean-official-owners-and-fan-club/page/299?hl=heater and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.