(Topic ID: 200141)

JJP Pirates of the Caribbean Official Owners and Fan Club!

By goren1818

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 18,868 posts
  • 633 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by gunstarhero
  • Topic is favorited by 284 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240330_165232 (resized).jpg
POTC_Mods_annotated (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2024-03-29 at 12.02.54 PM (resized).png
17117301082711484468150429261795 (resized).jpg
20240329_160033 (resized).jpg
431321214_1110342276953195_8816628931148154685_n (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223442061 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223435586 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240204_044856660.MP (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240203-170723 (resized).png
PXL_20240128_214506994 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240128_224833483.MP (resized).jpg
IMG_0980 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0982 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0981 (resized).jpeg
download (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

20 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,868 posts in this topic. You are on page 298 of 378.
#14851 3 years ago
Quoted from jarozi:

Actually had a ball make it to the top of the apron. That one was a PITA to clear, as you pulled the glass down, the ball rolled down further binding the glass from sliding out. Fun fun. I raised the apron rail a bit, hopefully that prevents it in the future.

How did you manage to get that ball out of there?

#14852 3 years ago
Quoted from jarozi:

That one was a PITA to clear, as you pulled the glass down, the ball rolled down further binding the glass from sliding out. Fun fun.

Slide a ruler or something thin in and push the ball back so it clears the playfield glass. Then slide the glass out.

LTG : )

#14853 3 years ago
Quoted from jarozi:

Actually had a ball make it to the top of the apron. That one was a PITA to clear, as you pulled the glass down, the ball rolled down further binding the glass from sliding out. Fun fun. I raised the apron rail a bit, hopefully that prevents it in the future.

That happened to me about a week ago. Crazy!

#14854 3 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

That happened to me about a week ago.

Loosen the screws holding the chrome rail in place along the front of the apron and pull as high as it will go and retighten the screws.

#14855 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Slide a ruler or something thin in and push the ball back so it clears the playfield glass. Then slide the glass out.

That's exactly what I had to do, carefully used a screwdriver to move the ball over to where the plunger is, it dropped down into the cabinet, but I was able to get the glass off.

#14856 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

No way the game could kick it out of there.
When that happens, you usually need a smaller rubber ring.

That was a joke LTG. I knew it wouldn’t find it. Just thought it was funny.

#14857 3 years ago
Quoted from Hogey:

That was a joke LTG.

I'm an old guy. You have to type slower if you want me to get it.

#14858 3 years ago
Quoted from KingPinGames:

spotlights are controlled by
f709 3a sb
f714 4a sb
Yellow power wire (J109-1) and yellow/green drive (J109-8)
are you pop bumper barrels spinning, your black pearl moving? (these are on the same power line). If they are, then you either have a blown transistor (Q416) or a broken wire. The same color wiring is for all 5 spotlights

This post was helpful and allowed me to fix my problem. thank you.

#14859 3 years ago
Quoted from SDpinballer:

This post was helpful and allowed me to fix my problem. thank you.

The Fuse Stream is on page D-91 in the manual.

If you don't have a manual, you can download it from jerseyjackpinball.com under Support click on that and go to Downloads and then click on that and then on the game you want.

#14860 3 years ago

Thanks as always Lloyd!

#14861 3 years ago

Question about Dead Man's Chest wizard mode. I know that you have to shoot the fountain of youth loop a bunch of times to raise the net before the tentacles sink the ship. I also read somewhere that you can stop them by hitting the shot that corresponds to the tentacles, true? what are those shots? also is there suppose to be a ball save that is active during the mode?

#14862 3 years ago
Quoted from Lambow:

Question about Dead Man's Chest wizard mode. I know that you have to shoot the fountain of youth loop a bunch of times to raise the net before the tentacles sink the ship. I also read somewhere that you can stop them by hitting the shot that corresponds to the tentacles, true? what are those shots? also is there suppose to be a ball save that is active during the mode?

The tentacle shots are indicated by the lit up green arrows. When a green arrows is lit, make the shot to stop the tentacle from progressing. If it reaches full "size" (end of the timer) the arrow turns red and you can no longer stop the tentacle progression. Once all tentacles are full size they sink your ship, and ends the wizard mode. The goal is to hit the inner loop shot (shot count in lower right of display) to raise the gunpowder net and enable final shot before the ship is sunk. Losing your ball sinks your ship too. I think ball save is what ever your default ball save timer is set too. Game default is 0.

#14863 3 years ago
Quoted from MarZ_78:

The tentacle shots are indicated by the lit up green arrows. When a green arrows is lit, make the shot to stop the tentacle from progressing. If it reaches full "size" (end of the timer) the arrow turns red and you can no longer stop the tentacle progression. Once all tentacles are full size they sink your ship, and ends the wizard mode. The goal is to hit the inner loop shot (shot count in lower right of display) to raise the gunpowder net and enable final shot before the ship is sunk. Losing your ball sinks your ship too. I think ball save is what ever your default ball save timer is set too. Game default is 0.

A couple more questions. Is the final shot different than the loop shot? Is the number of loops needed set, or can it be reduced somehow thru game play? Thanks for the info.

#14864 3 years ago

Here’s a pick of the new version 2 ramp cannons that are easier to install, and look gorgeous. I’m running a steal of deal this weekend! https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjpotc-double-barrel-cannon-mod#post-5616841

A36E285E-EB57-49E2-957D-64295F925856.jpegA36E285E-EB57-49E2-957D-64295F925856.jpeg
#14865 3 years ago
Quoted from Lambow:

A couple more questions. Is the final shot different than the loop shot? Is the number of loops needed set, or can it be reduced somehow thru game play? Thanks for the info.

I think the final shot is the chest. I don't think you can reduce loop count during game play.

#14866 3 years ago

So the boat has cannons aiming at itself, flanking the boarding ladder?

#14867 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

So the boat has cannons aiming at itself, flanking the boarding ladder?

Haha..... gotta use your imagination!

#14868 3 years ago

Question for Pirates owners. Does your glass have the Invisa Glass Logo on your game?

Did they ship games without the logo on the glass?

#14869 3 years ago

should be there . is your game an LE

#14871 3 years ago

check all 4 corners and each side of the glass , you may have the logo up at the top upside down

#14872 3 years ago

Yeah. I have a hobbit and the logo is there.

I bought the game from a pinside and specifically asked if it had the orinigal invisa glass.

My fault for not checking

#14873 3 years ago

Regarding the secret 23rd character...

Not sure if this is it (probably not) but sometimes when you choose Tia Dalma the game states that you’ve chosen “Calypso” who is the sea goddess in At World’s End and is the same character as Tia Dalma. Just a thought...

#14874 3 years ago

**** Liars Dice Info from Keefer **** (Make this a key post please)

IE Pinball asked: "How does POTC decide what to wager for in Liar's Dice? "

@pinball_keefer: Great question! This is going to take some explaining. How @potcpinball chooses what you'll risk in Liar's Dice:

* Everything possible thing you can risk is assigned a weight. The 2 items with the highest weight are selected as your possible wagers.
* Weights are assigned as follows:

1. 50% score: If no wins yet, weight = 50. If 1 win, weight = 20. Otherwise, weight = 0.
2. 75% score: If 1 win, weight = 50. Otherwise, weight = 25.
3. 100% score: If wins > 1, weight = 50. Otherwise, weight = 0.
4. 100% gold: If you are at least 50% of the way to Tortuga, weight = gold / target * 100 (so 50% to Tortuga is weight 50 and goes up from there). If <50%, weight = 0.
5. Treasures work the same way as gold. If 50% of treasures, then weight = treasures / 12 (max * 100. If treasures < 6, weight = 0.
6. Souls: If souls > 1 (simply to avoid dealing with pluralization, lol), weight = souls * 3.
7. Tilt warnings: If current warnings >= 1, weight = 40. If warnings < 1, weight = 90.
(I just realized the previous entry was more specifically 1 tilt warning, sorry.)
8. 2 tilt warnings: If current warnings is 2, weight = 90. If 1 warning, weight = 65. If < 1 warning, weight = 40. Otherwise (already > 2), weight = 0.
9. Extra ball: If Liar's Dice has been one at least once AND you haven't won an extra ball from it, weight = 100. Otherwise, weight = 0.
10. Your soul: If you've already won exactly 1 extra ball from Liar's Dice, then weight = 100. Otherwise, weight = 0.

And that's all there is.

[If I find out specifically what the correction for #7 is, I will correct that. I don't want to mis-quote Keith. Interesting on how they come up with these things]

#14875 3 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

pinball_keefer: Great question! This is going to take some explaining. How @potcpinball chooses what you'll risk in Liar's Dice:
* Everything possible thing you can risk is assigned a weight. The 2 items with the highest weight are selected as your possible wagers.
1. 50% score: If no wins yet, weight = 50. If 1 win, weight = 20. Otherwise, weight = 0.
4. 100% gold: If you are at least 50% of the way to Tortuga, weight = gold / target * 100 (so 50% to Tortuga is weight 50 and goes up from there). If <50%, weight = 0.
5. Treasures work the same way as gold. If 50% of treasures, then weight = treasures / 12 (max * 100. If treasures < 6, weight = 0.
6. Souls: If souls > 1 (simply to avoid dealing with pluralization, lol), weight = souls * 3.
7. Tilt warnings: If current warnings >= 1, weight = 40. If warnings < 1, weight = 90.
(I just realized the previous entry was more specifically 1 tilt warning, sorry.)
8. 2 tilt warnings: If current warnings is 2, weight = 90. If 1 warning, weight = 65. If < 1 warning, weight = 40. Otherwise (already > 2), weight = 0.
9. Extra ball: If Liar's Dice has been one at least once AND you haven't won an extra ball from it, weight = 100. Otherwise, weight = 0.
10. Your soul: If you've already won exactly 1 extra ball from Liar's Dice, then weight = 100. Otherwise, weight = 0.
And that's all there is.
[If I find out specifically what the correction for #7 is, I will correct that. I don't want to mis-quote Keith. Interesting on how they come up with these things]

Liars dice has to be the most confusing video mode in history.

#14876 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Liars dice has to be the most confusing video mode in history.

Liars dice has more code and rules associated with it than all of Munsters.

#14877 3 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

pinball_keefer: Great question! This is going to take some explaining. How @potcpinball chooses what you'll risk in Liar's Dice:
And that's all there is.

Ok. Holy. Crap.

I am dying for an update here, but just THIS shows how much is left to be discovered in this game

#14878 3 years ago

Playing tonight...sound would intermittently go out for a few seconds then come back. Think I also noticed lights on the rocking ship went out for a moment too.

#14879 3 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Playing tonight...sound would intermittently go out for a few seconds then come back. Think I also noticed lights on the rocking ship went out for a moment too.

There’s a 2-conductor power cable on the ship that can work its way loose and cause flickers or it to eventually go out entirely. Mine did that for a while before I finally found the connector

#14880 3 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

There’s a 2-conductor power cable on the ship that can work its way loose and cause flickers or it to eventually go out entirely. Mine did that for a while before I finally found the connector

That only happened once. Now the sound is going out a lot more. Is there a connection somewhere I should check?

#14881 3 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

That only happened once. Now the sound is going out a lot more. Is there a connection somewhere I should check?

That didn’t happen to me - but the sound is connected with a variety of plugs and such - one may just have wiggled loose. Open the backbox and check the audio cables are plugged in snug

#14882 3 years ago

Anyone have an extra shooter lane wireform they aren't using? Mine is messed up (not fabbed correctly, ball is bumping multiple spots). Unfortunately it seems JJP sent out all of their 'extras' and is out of stock and not making more. Please send me a PM if you're able to help.
I wish I had been able to open my game sooner!

#14883 3 years ago
Quoted from Reznnate:

Anyone have an extra shooter lane wireform they aren't using? Mine is messed up (not fabbed correctly, ball is bumping multiple spots). Unfortunately it seems JJP sent out all of their 'extras' and is out of stock and not making more. Please send me a PM if you're able to help.

There is someone on here that offers to repair wireform welds at a reasonable cost. Don't recall his username, but his business may be listed in the Pinside directory or you may want to ask in a separate post.

#14884 3 years ago
Quoted from Reznnate:

Noticed the post was a couple years old but maybe he'll still help: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/welding-service-for-broken-scoops-guides-ramps-etc#post-3589803

#14885 3 years ago
Quoted from Reznnate:

If you need you can send it to me and 5 minutes with a Dremel I can fix it and send it back. Free minus shipping. Just let me know.

#14886 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

If you need you can send it to me and 5 minutes with a Dremel I can fix it and send it back. Free minus shipping. Just let me know.

My wireform on the CE has the same malady. Do you just grind it down to allow the ball to travel? Do you do anything to touch up the chrome appearance after?

#14887 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

My wireform on the CE has the same malady. Do you just grind it down to allow the ball to travel? Do you do anything to touch up the chrome appearance after?

Only had to fix one. Only grinding a very small segment that sticks up. Light grind followed by a dot of clear ro seal. Hardly ever notice it and your back to playing.

#14888 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Only had to fix one. Only grinding a very small segment that sticks up. Light grind followed by a dot of clear ro seal. Hardly ever notice it and your back to playing.

Cool. CoolCoolCool.

I'll try this on mine. Thanks as always!

#14889 3 years ago
Quoted from Reznnate:

Its frustrating that JJP doesn't have the cash to stock spare parts for this machine. I've been waiting on a wire form for months

#14890 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Its frustrating that JJP doesn't have the cash to stock spare parts for this machine. I've been waiting on a wire form for months

What's wrong with it?

#14891 3 years ago
Quoted from Reznnate:

Appreciate you sending that video. Yes that would be bit annoying no question. For those that didn't see it, basically it appears the rails were spaced just a Smidge to far apart so when the ball travels over the 1st and 3rd straight support wire it "clicks". Still willing to fix it as I think it could be done with minimal if any damage.

I will Try to describe how I would fix it. Basically the radius of the ball just comes in contact with the straight center of the bar. I would set the (off the game of coarse) wire form on a soft piece of pine wood. Using a round say 3/8" Metal dowel or socket even place it at that wires center. Using a vise or hammer, apply pressure to the dowel to create a Slight bow to the center of that straight wire. That applied pressure would Also slightly pull those rails together say 1/32". Combined I suspect that repair would be unnoticeable and fix the annoying sound. Hope this makes sense, still willing to fix it for you (Free) as we all have plenty of time these days lol...

#14892 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Appreciate you sending that video. Yes that would be bit annoying no question. For those that didn't see it, basically it appears the rails were spaced just a Smidge to far apart so when the ball travels over the 1st and 3rd straight support wire it "clicks". Still willing to fix it as I think it could be done with minimal if any damage.
I will Try to describe how I would fix it. Basically the radius of the ball just comes in contact with the straight center of the bar. I would set the (off the game of coarse) wire form on a soft piece of pine wood. Using a round say 3/8" Metal dowel or socket even place it at that wires center. Using a vise or hammer, apply pressure to the dowel to create a Slight bow to the center of that straight wire. That applied pressure would Also slightly pull those rails together say 1/32". Combined I suspect that repair would be unnoticeable and fix the annoying sound. Hope this makes sense, still willing to fix it for you (Free) as we all have plenty of time these days lol...

Would it be possible to post this video? Thanks!

#14893 3 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

Well, here's mine.

https://www.icloud.com/sharedalbum/#B11J058xyJHEC7z

It's not about the clicking being annoying, it's about the loss of power and control. Skill shots are not makeable.

#14894 3 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

What's wrong with it?

My right wire form doesn't lay flat (where the ball drops into the lane the wire form is an approximate 30 degree angle)....It works, but needs to be bent and tweaked in order to sit flat so its parallel to the play field. I bent it some, but was really nervous about it is because if it broke I'd be screwed. I spoke with JJP several months back, and apparently this was a common issue. They said they were out of stock and would contact me when they had more....its been crickets ever sense, and all my emails have gone unanswered.

#14895 3 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

As it’s not my video that would be up to the owner.

#14896 3 years ago

Well Yelobird inspired me!

I decided to take a good look at the wireform and see if I could bend it with a socket. I couldn’t, at least not without risking damage.
I didn’t want to hit it with the dremel as I was concerned it might zip out of control, so I used a hand file.

File, check for clicks, repeat until no clicks. It worked! I didn’t even have to remove that much material.
Now to reinstall this thing.

Updated video showing the now-smooth travel:

https://www.icloud.com/sharedalbum/#B11J058xyJHEC7z

51F708A0-38D8-4BAE-AA26-5D8C31B4066E (resized).jpeg51F708A0-38D8-4BAE-AA26-5D8C31B4066E (resized).jpeg72F2C2D0-FEE6-445C-8CC5-9A4CF69E32B1 (resized).jpeg72F2C2D0-FEE6-445C-8CC5-9A4CF69E32B1 (resized).jpegC289AC45-B3BB-4451-AD8D-3D8D8A387F97 (resized).jpegC289AC45-B3BB-4451-AD8D-3D8D8A387F97 (resized).jpeg
#14897 3 years ago

I have 2 of these barrels left if anyone is interested. PM Me. Cheers

15BC5478-65EE-4408-9FB2-CA05D320B1DA (resized).jpeg15BC5478-65EE-4408-9FB2-CA05D320B1DA (resized).jpeg
#14898 3 years ago

Pirates fans, designer Eric Meunier is streaming his POTC CE #1 tonight at 8:30 CST!

Be there or be [ ]

IMG_4088.png (resized).jpegIMG_4088.png (resized).jpeg
#14899 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Pirates fans, designer Eric Meunier is streaming his POTC CE #1 tonight at 8:30 CST!
Be there or be [ ][quoted image]

Awesome! Can we get him to light a fire under Keith for the update? (Kidding, I know he’s got a lot going on). Interesting he confirmed on the Buffalo Pinball interview that he would not release the update until the final Wizard is in there.

I was a little surprised about his mini rant about people wanting the update “just for a Wizard mode most wont even get to”. I doubt I’ll make it to that final mode, but I know there’s other stuff being updated. I wouldn’t mind some damn attract mode
Music, for example. Or some more licensed content integrated. The game is amazing. There is no question. But I’m actually starting to think that Lyman’s EHOH is giving it a run for its money.

#14900 3 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Awesome! Can we get him to light a fire under Keith for the update? (Kidding, I know he’s got a lot going on). Interesting he confirmed on the Buffalo Pinball interview that he would not release the update until the final Wizard is in there.
I was a little surprised about his mini rant about people wanting the update “just for a Wizard mode most wont even get to”. I doubt I’ll make it to that final mode, but I know there’s other stuff being updated. I wouldn’t mind some damn attract mode
Music, for example. Or some more licensed content integrated. The game is amazing. There is no question. But I’m actually starting to think that Lyman’s EHOH is giving it a run for its money.

Or some shaker motor action when you sink the Dauntless!

Surprising that this has been neglected given Keith is such a big shaker motor fan.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 20.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Wanted
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Vernon, BC
$ 41.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 38.00
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Playfield - Protection
Pin Monk

$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 45.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

29,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Frisco, TX
$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

There are 18,868 posts in this topic. You are on page 298 of 378.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-pirates-of-the-caribbean-official-owners-and-fan-club/page/298?hl=evh347 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.