(Topic ID: 200141)

JJP Pirates of the Caribbean Official Owners and Fan Club!

By goren1818

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 18,810 posts
  • 633 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 15 days ago by insight75
  • Topic is favorited by 284 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

431321214_1110342276953195_8816628931148154685_n (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223442061 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223435586 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240204_044856660.MP (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240203-170723 (resized).png
PXL_20240128_214506994 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240128_224833483.MP (resized).jpg
IMG_0980 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0982 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0981 (resized).jpeg
download (resized).jpg
IMG_6275 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6274 (resized).jpeg
8b9srv (resized).jpg
20231211_131402 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

20 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,810 posts in this topic. You are on page 296 of 377.
#14751 3 years ago

Yes! I’ve got a fever and the only prescription is more code...

BFF1D130-D653-4740-81A7-BD599BD75001.gifBFF1D130-D653-4740-81A7-BD599BD75001.gif
#14752 3 years ago
Quoted from DorkVonWaterfall:

Any more info on this?

You want an honest opinion ... if I was a pinball company I would shut down the line for 6 months. I wouldn't release a new game now until Pinball Expo in Chicago. Keep your guys designing games, filling parts, and mods but focus on selling inventory. I wouldn't restart a pinball line making new games until I knew without any doubt the market is there, the economy is there. There is an old saying 'love to be a fly on the wall'. I'm sure all these guys are sitting around trying to figure out of the market will be strong enough for starting up the line, when they might be sitting on a lot of inventory.

My guess honestly is you won't see a new game until you hear some good news about the economy, or pinball expo. Pinball companies won't be able to get 50 dollars worth of PR for a game right now, much less distributors orders would almost certainly be down drastically even for a new game. Right now you have distributors sitting on piles on NIB games they can't sell. This is just my honestly to goodness opinion you won't see new games for months. The risk is just too high.

Quoted from 3pinballs:

Stern has released code updates for JP, Elvira, and Deadpool since the shutdown....Wish JJP would release a new code update

Yeah lets go JJP ... where is code for Wonka and Pirates.

#14753 3 years ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

Will Pinside users allow a change of the guard, and let POTC to sit on top of the throne as the greatest pinball game ever created? POTC deserves to sit on top of that throne and people should be okay, and accept a new king of all-time pinball. Its beyond time to finally crown this game the goat? Who has ever put this much into one pinball game anyone? Oh yeah JJP did with Wizard of Oz, but you know what I'm saying.
Now if JJP will just release new codes to cement this once and for all that would be icing on the cake. Can't wait for round two with Eric, new code for Pirates and Guns N Roses.
Welcome to the Jungle baby!

Check out the top 100 scoreboard.

#14754 3 years ago

Does anyone have a link to the pop bumper Davy Jones crafting directions? I know I saw them some time ago but I can’t seeM to find the posting. I know someone sells completed versions now but I had already bought a figure I wanted to use and give it a shot. I am going to use a Jack figure from Neca series one with a jacket if anyone has seen those directions out there. Ty

#14755 3 years ago
Quoted from Furio:

Does anyone have a link to the pop bumper Davy Jones crafting directions? I know I saw them some time ago but I can’t seeM to find the posting. I know someone sells completed versions now but I had already bought a figure I wanted to use and give it a shot. I am going to use a Jack figure from Neca series one with a jacket if anyone has seen those directions out there. Ty

I did a step by step how to in post 2473. Good luck. Very simple to do.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-pirates-of-the-caribbean-official-owners-and-fan-club?tq=Davy+Jones&tu=

#14756 3 years ago

while fixing my tortuga scoop I noticed that on a SE the pop bumper contains a LED light.
Did JJP forget this one in the code?
Its not part of the light test and I have never seen it lit while playing.

#14757 3 years ago
Quoted from Dexje:

while fixing my tortuga scoop I noticed that on a SE the pop bumper contains a LED light.

Inquiring minds want to know?!

#14758 3 years ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

You want an honest opinion ... if I was a pinball company I would shut down the line for 6 months. I wouldn't release a new game now until Pinball Expo in Chicago. Keep your guys designing games, filling parts, and mods but focus on selling inventory. I wouldn't restart a pinball line making new games until I knew without any doubt the market is there, the economy is there. There is an old saying 'love to be a fly on the wall'. I'm sure all these guys are sitting around trying to figure out of the market will be strong enough for starting up the line, when they might be sitting on a lot of inventory.
My guess honestly is you won't see a new game until you hear some good news about the economy, or pinball expo. Pinball companies won't be able to get 50 dollars worth of PR for a game right now, much less distributors orders would almost certainly be down drastically even for a new game. Right now you have distributors sitting on piles on NIB games they can't sell. This is just my honestly to goodness opinion you won't see new games for months. The risk is just too high.

Yeah lets go JJP ... where is code for Wonka and Pirates.

Assuming you’re not involved in manufacturing. Shutting down for +/- 6 months carries huge risks and would be deadly for many manufacturers. They are bleeding fixed costs for salaries, benefits, property taxes, insurance, etc., and risk losing valuable employees during an extended layoff. Selling some product is far better than nothing, and there are many in this hobby who have lots of discretionary income and are anxious for a new toy to help break the boredom and lift their spirits. Also suspect that there isn’t a ton of inventory in the pipeline. Stern basically produces to order and doesn’t carry stock, and I think JJP is the same. And with no new production, the distributors probably aren’t anxious to discount their existing inventory.

#14759 3 years ago
Quoted from Dexje:

It is my understanding that all 4 pop bumpers have white LEDs on the SE. I may be forgetting but I know at least 2 have them and they should work.

#14760 3 years ago
Quoted from harryhoudini:

It is my understanding that all 4 pop bumpers have white LEDs on the SE. I may be forgetting but I know at least 2 have them and they should work.

The two farthest right do light up. It seems they are only lit while game is not in play.

#14761 3 years ago

So with waaaaaay too much time on my hands I was reading about mods on other pinball machines. I saw that someone came up with mushroom covers for the spot lights on the field for WWCF. Then, after way too much rum and Guinness, I was wondering what about light covers made to look like different islands from the Caribbean and of course, Rum Runners Island. They could have ocean, sand and a few mini palm trees. Ok, that's it, back to the crappy 100,000 scores and rum. This is what happens when I stop drinking. Stay safe

#14762 3 years ago

I didn't want to show until we had a prototype, but we are skipping the spotlight all together. 1W RGB color selection LEDs on their own PCBs with a remote so you can set whatever color and brightness you want. We have these coming out for WOZ and POTC. Plug and play, quick install. POTC ones are modeled after the lamps found all over the POTC ride at Disneyland (and I presume are used in other parks but that's the only one I've been to and looked up). I am thinking we'll probably not do the cannons but we are testing an option with the lamps on a barrel (how they are used in the ride often) or crate. But you get the idea.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#14763 3 years ago

I didn't want to show until we had a prototype, but we are skipping the spotlight all together. 1W RGB color selection LEDs on their own PCBs with a remote so you can set whatever color and brightness you want. We have these coming out for WOZ and POTC. Plug and play, quick install. POTC ones are modeled after the lamps found all over the POTC ride at Disneyland (and I presume are used in other parks but that's the only one I've been to and looked up). I am thinking we'll probably not do the cannons but we are testing an option with the lamps on a barrel (how they are used in the ride often) or crate. But you get the idea.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Love the lamp idea! I’m in!

#14764 3 years ago

Would def be in for lamp

#14765 3 years ago

Dang. May have to buy the lamp.

#14766 3 years ago

I love how the go to market is so quick, we’re now seeing graphic ideas for mods and people are already in. Only in this fucking insane hobby.

Someone should do a study about how much capital is in this hobby. Kaneda - take check and recognize.,

#14767 3 years ago

I've been trapped inside in my home for for the last 4 weeks. I'm in for almost anything that takes my mind off all the horrible shit that's happening.

#14768 3 years ago

Hey did anyone ever figure out how to get the secret 23rd character or was that just a joke?

#14769 3 years ago
Quoted from GrandFireball1:

Hey did anyone ever figure out how to get the secret 23rd character or was that just a joke?

Bump for that question!

#14770 3 years ago

The lamp is cool

#14771 3 years ago

It's Michael Jordan. Plunders the next players titles/abilities or in a one player game, gets a progressive multiplier each time he dunks the chest.

#14772 3 years ago

No one has figured it out that I know of. I'm not sure it's in the game yet, might be coming with the code update. I asked about it and the way my question was responded to makes me believe it is real and coming in the code update, but they couldn't discuss it.

#14773 3 years ago

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I would be in for the lamp as well.

#14774 3 years ago
Quoted from cheshirefilms:

It's Michael Jordan. Plunders the next players titles/abilities or in a one player game, gets a progressive multiplier each time he dunks the chest.

Or maybe Annamaria played by Zoe Saldana from movie #1. Forgot she was in it, didn't you?

#14775 3 years ago

Oooh nice, even more excited for the next update. The other thing I hope they add is a point bonus for sinking a ship and you build that with the spinners on the ship. Could add a nice risk/reward factor and the player could delay the start of their multiball to try and get a huge sink ship collect

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#14776 3 years ago

Oooh nice, even more excited for the next update. The other thing I hope they add is a point bonus for sinking a ship and you build that with the spinners on the ship. Could add a nice risk/reward factor and the player could delay the start of their multiball to try and get a huge sink ship collect

I love spinner shots! It would definitely be nice to have the spinners incorporated to do more than just qualify the multiballs for those two movies.

#14777 3 years ago

I finally took off my Black Pearl to install the rest of my cliffy set and give the game a good cleaning. I removed the vuk in the back right hand corner and noticed my vuk doesn't have a wire gate on it like Modfather's did in his Black Pearl removal video. My game seems to play perfectly. Any ideas what that gate is there for and what issues could pop up with out it?

#14778 3 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

Any ideas what that gate is there for

So a ball doesn't fall off the black pearl and go back in the VUK, the wire gate diverts it to the main playfield to it isn't kicked right back up to the black pearl.

Yours was probably broken off before you got it.

LTG : )

#14779 3 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

my vuk doesn't have a wire gate

Page C-47 in the manual.

Here is a picture of it.

LTG : )

DSC00215 (resized).JPGDSC00215 (resized).JPG
#14780 3 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

I finally took off my Black Pearl to install the rest of my cliffy set and give the game a good cleaning. I removed the vuk in the back right hand corner and noticed my vuk doesn't have a wire gate on it like Modfather's did in his Black Pearl removal video. My game seems to play perfectly. Any ideas what that gate is there for and what issues could pop up with out it?

Honestly, you don’t need it.....

#14781 3 years ago

Thank you! I knew there was a good how to out there but couldn’t recall which thread or how long ago. Combing through 20-30k posts wasn’t going to be a good time.

#14782 3 years ago
Quoted from Furio:

Thank you! I knew there was a good how to out there but couldn’t recall which thread or how long ago. Combing through 20-30k posts wasn’t going to be a good time.

When in doubt with Any thread. Simply use the Find (search) at the top of each thread page. I just typed Davy Jones and Bam, there it is. Good luck. Very simple mod to do really.

Screen Shot 2020-04-12 at 10.27.54 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2020-04-12 at 10.27.54 PM (resized).png
#14783 3 years ago

Wouldn't normal suggest or Sway it but as Pirates is a rather Small by comparison club/grouping do consider giving the Black pearl a vote in the finals IF and only IF you do believe it is the better game. Again Not swaying your opinion just suggesting this game deserves its rightful time to shine..... Plus its all in fun anyway. More like guidelines........

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/round-4-greatest-pinball-game-of-all-time-tournament-edition/page/2

#14784 3 years ago

RIP right opto of the black pearl .. you had a short life 21.2.20 - 12.4.20

i requested the protector from my distri the day my game arrived .. sadly they didn't event knew that thing existed and are still trying to get it to europe from jjp directly. I build my own for now.

does anyone know the screw size of the two screws which hold the opto? one is missing on mine or was knocked out by the impact

#14785 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Wouldn't normal suggest or Sway it but as Pirates is a rather Small by comparison club/grouping do consider giving the Black pearl a vote in the finals IF and only IF you do believe it is the better game. Again Not swaying your opinion just suggesting this game deserves its rightful time to shine..... Plus its all in fun anyway. More like guidelines........
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/round-4-greatest-pinball-game-of-all-time-tournament-edition/page/2

That's a tough draw. I'd take JJP Pirates over every other game in the Elite 8 without hesitation. Coincidentally I sold my LOTR for $$$ and space to pick up JJP Pirates and I don't regret it for a second.

#14786 3 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

That's a tough draw. I'd take JJP Pirates over every other game in the Elite 8 without hesitation. Coincidentally I sold my LOTR for $$$ and space to pick up JJP Pirates and I don't regret it for a second.

Completely agree. To me LOTR was without question one of Sterns greatest accomplishments. Especially as Keith made the master code on that game like Pirates. Hoping people consider a vote either way.

#14787 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

I have put a lot of time on LOTR .... its really not in the same league as POTC, but many haven't played so they vote on the game they own or have played

#14788 3 years ago

Interesting interview with Jack. At around 2:07:30 he mentions that they (JJP) only ship pins that are "code complete". I guess final wizard mode is not part of complete code. Also of interest at 1:34:20 Jack said it's possible they may do another run of Pirates.
http://superawesomepinballshow.libsyn.com/the-super-awesome-pinball-show-s01-e07

#14789 3 years ago

Can someone take a quick overhead picture of the area between the chest and the chapter start area?

I tore down my game for cleaning and to install the rest of the cliffys and when I put it back together it works and I had no extra pieces but my chest seems too leaned to the left. A locked ball shoots down to the chest arm and the arm holds it in the chest, but it really flexes it more so than I remember before. I think I may have stacked the metal chest connector tab on the top of the plastics on the right when maybe it should have gone underneath so I wanted to double check what that looks like. Thanks!

#14790 3 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

Can someone take a quick overhead picture of the area between the chest and the chapter start area?
I tore down my game for cleaning and to install the rest of the cliffys and when I put it back together it works and I had no extra pieces but my chest seems too leaned to the left. A locked ball shoots down to the chest arm and the arm holds it in the chest, but it really flexes it more so than I remember before. I think I may have stacked the metal chest connector tab on the top of the plastics on the right when maybe it should have gone underneath so I wanted to double check what that looks like. Thanks!

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#14791 3 years ago

[quoted image][quoted image]

Thanks harryhoudini . So is your setup like this I can't quite tell. There's a plastic and then a metal piece that connects both posts and then the metal tab that connects the chest to the plastic. Mine has the metal tab on top but because of how the chest is angled I'm thinking maybe it needs to go underneath. My chest just seems a little too high on that right hand side.

Thinking about it, the two posts closest to the chest are taller than the two posts closer to the chapter start shot. Your posts near the chest have the nuts right near the top of the bolt while mine have a lot of bolt excess showing on top of the nut. I wonder if I mixed those up and the smaller posts are supposed to be closer to the chest? I think I kept them in order when I took them out, but I guess they could have gotten switched.
IMG_20200414_142325 (resized).jpgIMG_20200414_142325 (resized).jpgIMG_20200414_142351 (resized).jpgIMG_20200414_142351 (resized).jpg

#14792 3 years ago

Those definitely aren't the right posts. Must be backwards.

#14793 3 years ago

Those definitely aren't the right posts. Must be backwards.

Figures. 50-50 shot and I get it wrong. I knew it was too good to be true when everything worked right when I put it back together. Now I get to take it apart again. Fun.

#14794 3 years ago
Quoted from luckymoey:

And with no new production, the distributors probably aren’t anxious to discount their existing inventory.

My thought immediately goes to content updates for active/available pins. Keep the coders and graphic Teams busy, build up some of these pins so that they are even more appealing to buyers.

#14795 3 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

Figures. 50-50 shot and I get it wrong. I knew it was too good to be true when everything worked right when I put it back together. Now I get to take it apart again. Fun.

I say go buy a lottery ticket!

The same happens to me, always picking the other option of 2 or making the other choice...

#14796 3 years ago

You know there is something wrong when you can get 4 balls into your chest...

4 balls chest (resized).jpg4 balls chest (resized).jpg
#14797 3 years ago
Quoted from jarozi:

I am terrible at this game (and pinball in general) but want to get better. To give you an idea my average score is around 100k and a good game for me is 300-400k, my all-time best is ~1.4 million.
Can someone give me a simple / repeatable strategy to follow to maximize score? Which character should I use for that strategy? I plan to practice a simple strategy and kind of build from there.
I'm also looking to get better at bumping, nudging, and flipper skills so if anyone has links to any videos or resources showing universal pinball skills I'd appreciate it. I've found a few out there from Googling but not a ton. Thanks!

His name escapes me right now. But he pirate that spots you a pirate lane.

Your in lanes are extremely important in this game.

Go super X>shot X> back to super X> stacked with arggghh then repeat

#14798 3 years ago
Quoted from bgwilly31:

Pintel?

#14799 3 years ago
Quoted from bgwilly31:

I never quite figured out how to make Shot X useful. Something I need to learn.

#14800 3 years ago
Quoted from Meadowhawk:

You know there is something wrong when you can get 4 balls into your chest...[quoted image]

Check the opto's. Something definitely isn't reading right.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
30,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Charlotte, NC
$ 100.00
Electronics
Led Pinball
Electronics
Flipper Parts
FlipMods
Flipper parts
There are 18,810 posts in this topic. You are on page 296 of 377.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-pirates-of-the-caribbean-official-owners-and-fan-club/page/296?hl=evh347 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.