(Topic ID: 200141)

JJP Pirates of the Caribbean Official Owners and Fan Club!

By goren1818

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 18,874 posts
  • 633 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 hours ago by Oneangrymo
  • Topic is favorited by 284 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
20240330_165232 (resized).jpg
POTC_Mods_annotated (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2024-03-29 at 12.02.54 PM (resized).png
17117301082711484468150429261795 (resized).jpg
20240329_160033 (resized).jpg
431321214_1110342276953195_8816628931148154685_n (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223442061 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223435586 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240204_044856660.MP (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240203-170723 (resized).png
PXL_20240128_214506994 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240128_224833483.MP (resized).jpg
IMG_0980 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0982 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0981 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

20 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,874 posts in this topic. You are on page 295 of 378.
#14701 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

One weird problem I saw on a machine - the wire harness to the Pearl rubbed raw and shorted against the flipper assembly. I put thick plastic wire loom on that harness to prevent this. Are all the wires to the pearl intact?

yes everything checked out good. I think I figured it out. The plastic of the ship runs so close to the top of the flippers at the proximal end. So I cut out part of the plastic, to allow for better clearance. I played for 20 minutes and no problems yet. I will give it a good hour game later and hopefully that’s it. Lots of work for just that, oh well I cleaned under ship and star map area and replaced rubbers in The star map area that were at the breaking point anyway. I can’t get enough of this game, an all time great!

#14702 4 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

I just started playing this game for real this week. I noticed last night that I would collect characters by just getting the ball somewhere near the required shot. Like one shot called for me to shot the right BP ramp and even though I bricked it, I still collected the character. Is this normal?
Also, Is it normal for the game to sometimes say “9 pieces of whatever we have left blah blah” when a ball (this happened at the start of ball 2, with Carina as character) is fed to the shooter lane and isn’t even launched yet?
The game also makes other (what I think are barrels or doors moving) little sounds before a ball is even launched.
Thanks!

1. thats a character trait - james norrington
2. yes - thats the red skull multiball
3. for random stuff, like out of place pirate sounds, go into switch test mode and shake the machine. i had a few too sensitive switches on mine.

#14703 4 years ago
Quoted from Dexje:

1. thats a character trait - james norrington
2. yes - thats the red skull multiball
3. for random stuff, like out of place pirate sounds, go into switch test mode and shake the machine. i had a few too sensitive switches on mine.

Yeah, I’ve been playing Norrington a lot. Makes sense.

The machine doesn’t make random sounds during the game. It sometimes makes one (not sure what it is) when a new ball is fed into the shooter lane. Might be just part of the game tho

#14704 4 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

I just started playing this game for real this week. I noticed last night that I would collect characters by just getting the ball somewhere near the required shot. Like one shot called for me to shot the right BP ramp and even though I bricked it, I still collected the character. Is this normal?
Also, Is it normal for the game to sometimes say “9 pieces of whatever we have left blah blah” when a ball (this happened at the start of ball 2, with Carina as character) is fed to the shooter lane and isn’t even launched yet?
The game also makes other (what I think are barrels or doors moving) little sounds before a ball is even launched.

1. If you choose Norrington the chapter shots are qualified also by hitting nearby targets.
2. At the start of every ball you get for free one the “9 pieces of 8” if you haven’t played at world end MB yet.
3. Check the left and right leaf swithes in the chapter start chamber. One is probably adjusted to tight causing it to activate even with the slightest movement going on in the machine.

#14705 4 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

Thanks!

When you play as Norrington the character shots are easier, like either target to the left or right will count. Nine Pieces of Eight are the major shots, so you tend to hit them all by the second or third ball.

#14706 4 years ago

Norrington is a great way to rush the wizard modes.

#14707 4 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

You should read the manual, it tells you all about the characters and multiballs. If you choose Norrington it will give you the shot if you are close, but at a price, you will not get the full points. Nine pieces for eight is the multiball for the red movie. Collect all red arrows for multiball.

#14708 4 years ago

Haha I think you got your answer from 5 different people now, all with the same. Enjoy the game, it rocks!

#14709 4 years ago

Thanks!

#14710 4 years ago

Does anyone know the logic for when the magnet catches the ball coming through the orbit vs. letting it go around? I'm just curious what the rule for it is and I haven't been able to figure out a pattern for it yet.

#14711 4 years ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

Does anyone know the logic for when the magnet catches the ball coming through the orbit vs. letting it go around? I'm just curious what the rule for it is and I haven't been able to figure out a pattern for it yet.

If “board the pearl” on the ship is lit, the magnet will grab it. I believe the right inlanes qualify that.

#14712 4 years ago

What is the default right outlane rubber setup for this game? Does the rubber go on the right post, left post or both?

#14713 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

What is the default right outlane rubber setup for this game? Does the rubber go on the right post, left post or both?

Right post for Very hard ball saves, Left post for Simple bump saves, and No rubber for either for a neutral but tough setup. I personally have it on the left but I do suck at pinball sooooo.

#14714 4 years ago

Here is my Norrington game tonight. Finished all 25 chapters and 3 wizard modes. Went through the last two balls unable to start either of the last 2 wizard modes. First one hit the sling and jumped over everything into the outlane and then I bricked the shots at least 10 times each until the “I” lane got me on the last one and I had no tilt warnings left

1018C6DA-57DF-4A19-A8B1-96496C03E28F (resized).jpeg1018C6DA-57DF-4A19-A8B1-96496C03E28F (resized).jpeg
#14715 4 years ago
Quoted from JamCat:

Here is my Norrington game tonight. Finished all 25 chapters and 3 wizard modes. Went through the last two balls unable to start either of the last 2 wizard modes. First one hit the sling and jumped over everything into the outlane and then I bricked the shots at least 10 times each until the “I” lane got me on the last one and I had no tilt warnings left [quoted image]

Very impressive! Would require the sum of about 14 games for me to it make it that far...

#14716 4 years ago

Nice job! What does lighting the PIRATE lanes do exactly?

#14717 4 years ago
Quoted from JamCat:

Here is my Norrington game tonight. Finished all 25 chapters and 3 wizard modes. Went through the last two balls unable to start either of the last 2 wizard modes. First one hit the sling and jumped over everything into the outlane and then I bricked the shots at least 10 times each until the “I” lane got me on the last one and I had no tilt warnings left [quoted image]

good lord! How long was that game!?

#14718 4 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

Nice job! What does lighting the PIRATE lanes do exactly?

The pirate lanes completed lights the shot to the left of the chest to collect the reward You selected with the button on the lock bar from the little screen in front of it. You pirate have some reading to do! lol JK

#14719 4 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

The pirate lanes completed lights the shot to the left of the chest to collect the reward You selected with the button on the lock bar from the little screen in front of it. You pirate have some reading to do! lol JK

Lol

#14720 4 years ago
Quoted from JamCat:

Congrats. If legit, that’s some of the most impressive playing ever. Can’t fathom how it’s possible to successfully complete 24 chapters and play 3 wizard modes on basically 2 balls even with Norrington. Pinball is still some fraction of luck.

#14721 4 years ago
Quoted from luckymoey:

Congrats. If legit, that’s some of the most impressive playing ever. Can’t fathom how it’s possible to successfully complete 24 chapters and play 3 wizard modes on basically 2 balls even with Norrington. Pinball is still some fraction of luck.

I collected 3 extra balls. Plus chapters go quick with Norrington especially during multiballs

#14722 4 years ago
Quoted from JamCat:

Awesome game! And not just running chapters but completing 23 of the 25. Even with Norrington that's amazing. Well done!!!

#14723 4 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Right post for Very hard ball saves, Left post for Simple bump saves, and No rubber for either for a neutral but tough setup. I personally have it on the left but I do suck at pinball sooooo.

No rubber was on the prototype games and when I asked Eric at that time, that was the way he intended it to be, but a rubber ring would be provided with the game to either make it easier or harder.

#14724 4 years ago

I am terrible at this game (and pinball in general) but want to get better. To give you an idea my average score is around 100k and a good game for me is 300-400k, my all-time best is ~1.4 million.

Can someone give me a simple / repeatable strategy to follow to maximize score? Which character should I use for that strategy? I plan to practice a simple strategy and kind of build from there.

I'm also looking to get better at bumping, nudging, and flipper skills so if anyone has links to any videos or resources showing universal pinball skills I'd appreciate it. I've found a few out there from Googling but not a ton. Thanks!

#14725 4 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

No rubber was on the prototype games and when I asked Eric at that time, that was the way he intended it to be, but a rubber ring would be provided with the game to either make it easier or harder.

Agreed and he told me the same. The poster asked what the setups were and I explained his options.

#14726 4 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Agreed and he told me the same. The poster asked what the setups were and I explained his options.

Appreciate the input from both of you guys. Very helpful.

#14727 4 years ago
Quoted from jarozi:

I am terrible at this game (and pinball in general) but want to get better. To give you an idea my average score is around 100k and a good game for me is 300-400k, my all-time best is ~1.4 million.
Can someone give me a simple / repeatable strategy to follow to maximize score? Which character should I use for that strategy? I plan to practice a simple strategy and kind of build from there.
I'm also looking to get better at bumping, nudging, and flipper skills so if anyone has links to any videos or resources showing universal pinball skills I'd appreciate it. I've found a few out there from Googling but not a ton. Thanks!

Here's a good video explaining a couple of strategies for high scoring

#14728 4 years ago
Quoted from MurphyPeoples:

Here's a good video explaining a couple of strategies for high scoring

Thanks, I hadn't watched that one, very helpful. I immediately put up a pretty decent (for me) score after watching. Barbosa -> Dead Man's Chest -> Play Better = Profit.

#14729 4 years ago

Less than a 1000 votes, could be a all time top of the list (as it should be)! Just sayin!

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#14730 4 years ago

I watched the IE pinball video and one thing he was able to do was lock a ball in the chest with a backflip from the left flipper or shoot the right ramp onto the pearl with a backflip from the right flipper. On my pirates neither of those shots are possible. Either my incline is steeper or my flipper strength is lower maybe?

#14731 4 years ago
Quoted from arzoo:

I watched the IE pinball video and one thing he was able to do was lock a ball in the chest with a backflip from the left flipper or shoot the right ramp onto the pearl with a backflip from the right flipper. On my pirates neither of those shots are possible. Either my incline is steeper or my flipper strength is lower maybe?

I'm able to do both on mine but only under certain conditions as I'm not that skilled to pull either shot off on a regular basis. I'm at 6.5 degrees with no changes to factory coil strengths on any of the flipper coils.

Jeff

#14732 4 years ago
Quoted from arzoo:

I can hit the chest lock with the left flipper, but I can't backhand the Pearl ramp from the right flipper. My right flipper is at default power setting. I haven't tried increasing that power because I'm pretty happy with how all the other shots are set up currently and I'm thinking increasing that power would probably result in airballs off the Maelstrom.

#14733 4 years ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

I can hit the chest lock with the left flipper, but I can't backhand the Pearl ramp from the right flipper. My right flipper is at default power setting. I haven't tried increasing that power because I'm pretty happy with how all the other shots are set up currently and I'm thinking increasing that power would probably result in airballs off the Maelstrom.

With a perfect shot, I can backhand the right ramp to just get it up there enough to qualify the shot and then return to the right flipper. I cannot backhand the chest shot when lock is lit with enough power to lock the ball, nor can I simply hold up the right flipper and trap the ball everytime on a ball return to the right flipper like Karl does. That auto trapping would be super helpful.

#14734 4 years ago

My flippers rarely have the power to backhand the chest lock, I might bump power a couple points to see how that works.

#14735 4 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

With a perfect shot, I can backhand the right ramp to just get it up there enough to qualify the shot and then return to the right flipper. I cannot backhand the chest shot when lock is lit with enough power to lock the ball, nor can I simply hold up the right flipper and trap the ball everytime on a ball return to the right flipper like Karl does. That auto trapping would be super helpful.

I noticed that right flipper trap also, and to me it looked like he flips right after the ball goes onto the flipper in order to trap it. To me it seemed like a skill based on timing.

#14736 4 years ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

I increased the flipper power a bit and can now backhand the BP with the right flipper, no problem.....

#14737 4 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

I increased the flipper power a bit and can now backhand the BP with the right flipper, no problem.....

Nice, what setting did you bump it up to?

#14738 4 years ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

I noticed that right flipper trap also, and to me it looked like he flips right after the ball goes onto the flipper in order to trap it. To me it seemed like a skill based on timing.

His skills are crazy good! How about trapping balls on the lower flippers and just using the upper flippers, amazing! And he makes it all look so easy.

#14739 4 years ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

Nice, what setting did you bump it up to?

Let me check when I get home......I think 23 but let me make sure

#14740 4 years ago
Quoted from arzoo:

His skills are crazy good! How about trapping balls on the lower flippers and just using the upper flippers, amazing! And he makes it all look so easy.

WHAT? Is this really possible???

#14741 4 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

WHAT? Is this really possible???

Sure! Your flipper buttons have two levels. Half-press for the lowers, full press for the uppers.

#14742 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Sure! Your flipper buttons have two levels. Half-press for the lowers, full press for the uppers.

Both how can you trap a ball while hitting balls with the uppers?

By the way, I set my lower flippers at 28

#14743 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I got it to work!

#14744 4 years ago

So.. I’m beginning to wonder if my apron guard is set up correctly?!?!? Actual situation from an air ball..
24ED2C44-674D-49A7-A43E-10CCDF868955 (resized).jpeg24ED2C44-674D-49A7-A43E-10CCDF868955 (resized).jpeg

#14745 4 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

So.. I’m beginning to wonder if my apron guard is set up correctly?!?!?

See the chrome wire guard the ball is touching. It goes around the front of the apron. Loosen the screws holding it to the apron, pull it up as high as it goes, then retighten the screws.

LTG : )

#14746 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

See the chrome wire guard the ball is touching. It goes around the front of the apron. Loosen the screws holding it to the apron, pull it up as high as it goes, then retighten the screws.
LTG : )

You are correct Lloyd

#14747 4 years ago

Will Pinside users allow a change of the guard, and let POTC to sit on top of the throne as the greatest pinball game ever created? POTC deserves to sit on top of that throne and people should be okay, and accept a new king of all-time pinball. Its beyond time to finally crown this game the goat? Who has ever put this much into one pinball game anyone? Oh yeah JJP did with Wizard of Oz, but you know what I'm saying.

Now if JJP will just release new codes to cement this once and for all that would be icing on the cake. Can't wait for round two with Eric, new code for Pirates and Guns N Roses.

Welcome to the Jungle baby!

#14749 4 years ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

Guns N Roses.
Welcome to the Jungle baby!

Any more info on this?

#14750 4 years ago
Quoted from drfrightner:Now if JJP will just release new codes to cement this once and for all that would be icing on the cake

Stern has released code updates for JP, Elvira, and Deadpool since the shutdown....Wish JJP would release a new code update

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Mod Co.

Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 49.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Wanted
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 45.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 24.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Vernon, BC
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

There are 18,874 posts in this topic. You are on page 295 of 378.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-pirates-of-the-caribbean-official-owners-and-fan-club/page/295 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.