(Topic ID: 200141)

JJP Pirates of the Caribbean Official Owners and Fan Club!

By goren1818

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 18,885 posts
  • 633 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 days ago by Buzzie
  • Topic is favorited by 284 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pirates2 (resized).jpg
IMG_2296 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2297 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2298 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2299 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2301 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2300 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
20240330_165232 (resized).jpg
POTC_Mods_annotated (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2024-03-29 at 12.02.54 PM (resized).png
17117301082711484468150429261795 (resized).jpg
20240329_160033 (resized).jpg
431321214_1110342276953195_8816628931148154685_n (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223442061 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223435586 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

20 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,885 posts in this topic. You are on page 292 of 378.
#14551 4 years ago
Quoted from 2000_Alum:

I hope you mean million or I REALLY suck

Yep, corrected. If I was dropping 3.5 billion on the game I could live with a few bad balls.

#14552 4 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

Yep, corrected. If I was dropping 3.5 billion on the game I could live with a few bad balls.

5 ball games too?

#14553 4 years ago
Quoted from Green-Machine:

5 ball games too?

No, factory settings. I play all my games on factory settings, I like to play the game how it was designed to be played and see how good I can do. I had gotten 2 EBs on ball 1 so I had 4 balls left after my first ball.

#14554 4 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

No, factory settings. I play all my games on factory settings, I like to play the game how it was designed to be played and see how good I can do. I had gotten 2 EBs on ball 1 so I had 4 balls left after my first ball.

Oh! Gotcha

#14555 4 years ago

The price on the mod.

Yeah, it's expensive.... But that interaction when hitting the Dauntless.

#14556 4 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

No, factory settings. I play all my games on factory settings,

Me too. I have been tempted to adjust outlanes, but I have never touched any of those either.

#14557 4 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

God I love this game, but I swear there is not another game in existence that is so difficult to string together multiple good balls in a row or even just in a game. When you have to really start focusing and shooting for specific things (like in Wizard Modes and later on during play), this game is unforgiving. I've never seen another game like it in that regard. Case in point, played Gibbs since he was low on the totem pole score wise. Ball 1...3.5 million with 4 more balls to play. Everything was working. Play on, get another EB...and still end up with only 4.5 million for the game...5 balls later. I of course missed my hold bonus that was lit, so I missed out on countless points over those balls by not being able to carry over bonus and I had the Dead Man's Chest wizard mode running with 6x scoring, hit 1 shot and drained. I have seen this so many times on this game. It's like the game says, "I gave you 1 ball, that's enough of that." and you get pops right to the drain or a dribble off the gold targets down the left outlane. She's a beauty, but what a cruel mistress.

I feel the same way! I actually lifted my playfield looking for electromagnets that could activate in the posts when it wants you to lose. I’ve never had a game so consistently screw me over when I get something good lit. The worst for me was 6x playfield on the Fountain of Youth wizard mode and all of a sudden I bricked every single shot until the timer ran out and got NOTHING. This was after me nailing every shot like butter getting there. After that I was on the defensive for the last 2 balls. Every shot rattled between the posts and came back with a wicked spin that would result in relentless slap saves and shaking it out of the outlanes, until it jumped over the flipper to drain, then the star map dropped the second one down the center. Somehow I still love the game though

#14558 4 years ago
Quoted from JamCat:

I feel the same way! I actually lifted my playfield looking for electromagnets that could activate in the posts when it wants you to lose. I’ve never had a game so consistently screw me over when I get something good lit. The worst for me was 6x playfield on the Fountain of Youth wizard mode and all of a sudden I bricked every single shot until the timer ran out and got NOTHING. This was after me nailing every shot like butter getting there. After that I was on the defensive for the last 2 balls. Every shot rattled between the posts and came back with a wicked spin that would result in relentless slap saves and shaking it out of the outlanes, until it jumped over the flipper to drain, then the star map dropped the second one down the center. Somehow I still love the game though

You got nervous!

#14559 4 years ago

Choose Norrington today and the progress during modes goes very fast. Got close to the non-existing “break the curse” final mode.
Played 4 mini-wizard modes but didn’t complete any of them. Got about 6 extra balls which I really earned. Not for a score.
Only special rewards an EB.
Who has ever got this far?

5AB97B38-6F7C-4A61-A5B3-E3565D5BE5FB (resized).jpeg5AB97B38-6F7C-4A61-A5B3-E3565D5BE5FB (resized).jpeg
#14560 4 years ago

BACK IN THE CLUB. In what seems to be fate or destiny, we traded away our AFMr LE #860 and some cash, in order to get a like new JJP POTC LE #860 (crazy!). HUGE thank you to Kurt at Hemisphere Amusements for making this happen. The game has only 83 lifetime plays and looks brand new. As someone who previously owned a POTC and put on almost 2000 games, this one definitely looks like it was hardly ever touched!

The family is stoked! Now I have a whole bunch of mods I need to pickup from Mod Couple. :p

IMG-4976 (resized).jpgIMG-4976 (resized).jpgIMG-4977 (resized).jpgIMG-4977 (resized).jpg
#14561 4 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

BACK IN THE CLUB. In what seems to be fate or destiny, we traded away our AFMr LE #860 and some cash, in order to get a like new JJP POTC LE #860 (crazy!). HUGE thank you to Kurt at Hemisphere Amusements for making this happen. The game has only 83 lifetime plays and looks brand new. As someone who previously owned a POTC and put on almost 2000 games, this one definitely looks like it was hardly ever touched!
The family is stoked! Now I have a whole bunch of mods I need to pickup from Mod Couple. :p[quoted image][quoted image]

Congrats....as you already know its a keeper Its the only game I've gone way overboard with mods, but it really improves the look of the game. The chest mod and that new Dauntless mods are both incredible

#14562 4 years ago
Quoted from Maurice:

Choose Norrington today and the progress during modes goes very fast. Got close to the non-existing “break the curse” final mode.
Played 4 mini-wizard modes but didn’t complete any of them. Got about 6 extra balls which I really earned. Not for a score.
Who has ever got this far?[quoted image]

I got 2 wizard modes a couple of times. It's tough, but extremely fun. A great sense of accomplishment to play one of those wizard modes.

#14563 4 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

The family is stoked! Now I have a whole bunch of mods I need to pickup from Mod Couple. :p[quoted image][quoted image]

Welcome back! There's a preorder list for the cannon smoke mod too. I would probably only turn that on during parties though.

#14564 4 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

Glad you're back, keep it this time

#14565 4 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

Welcome back! There's a preorder list for the cannon smoke mod too. I would probably only turn that on during parties though.

whose making that mod?

#14568 4 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Congrats....as you already know its a keeper Its the only game I've gone way overboard with mods, but it really improves the look of the game. The chest mod and that new Dauntless mods are both incredible

Crap I might be too late on the dauntless mod.

#14569 4 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

You should start a will he make more speculation thread

#14570 4 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

I got 2 wizard modes a couple of times. It's tough, but extremely fun. A great sense of accomplishment to play one of those wizard modes.

In ~100 games, I've only managed to see a single wizard mode so far. And of course I didn't complete it.

#14571 4 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

maybe u can get on the "if someone drops out list"? It looks pretty awesome

#14572 4 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

A few people ordered 2, ... speculation says that a few might show up later if you can't squeeze in from cancellations, or incomplete orders.

#14573 4 years ago
Quoted from Reznnate:

In ~100 games, I've only managed to see a single wizard mode so far. And of course I didn't complete it.

I might change to 5 ball games once the code update with the final wizard comes through. My wife and I are in the mediocre club. Don't want to put it on easy settings.

#14574 4 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

I might change to 5 ball games once the code update with the final wizard comes through. My wife and I are in the mediocre club.

The game is hard! It’s fast as TZ and way more complex. Also, a keeper!

#14575 4 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

The game is hard! It’s fast as TZ and way more complex. Also, a keeper!

way more complex is an understatement

#14576 4 years ago

any word on new code...?

#14577 4 years ago

Ok guys and gals... shameless plug here for a awesome, easy to install mod:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjpotc-double-barrel-cannon-mod#post-5548067
First and last mention I promise. But I do have a question for you all - the chest mod was about the most technical, time consuming mod I’ve probably done. All in all not hard, but took maybe a few hours or so to complete. Would you be interested in a mod unlike no other on JJPOTC, that could take maybe 5hrs to install, but visually on par with the chest mod?

#14578 4 years ago
Quoted from mountaingamer:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjpotc-double-barrel-cannon-mod#post-5548067
First and last mention I promise. But I do have a question for you all - the chest mod was about the most technical, time consuming mod I’ve probably done. All in all not hard, but took maybe a few hours or so to complete. Would you be interested in a mod unlike no other on JJPOTC, that could take maybe 5hrs to install, but visually on par with the chest mod?

Sure, well ... probably ... depending on what it is.

#14579 4 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

way more complex is an understatement

Lol. The basics are pretty simple. The deeper you dive, the more complex it is (in a good way for me). Tonight I beat the high score for treasure hoarding. Now that has me curious on what that's all about. I'll research that one tomorrow. Love this game.

#14580 4 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

Head on over and jump on the waitlist!

#14581 4 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

Lol. The basics are pretty simple. The deeper you dive, the more complex it is (in a good way for me). Tonight I beat the high score for treasure hoarding. Now that has me curious on what that's all about. I'll research that one tomorrow. Love this game.

Totally agree....its gets more and more complex the deeper u go....one of the reasons the game will probably never get old....looking forward to the new code

#14582 4 years ago

sure ... spill the beans

#14583 4 years ago
Quoted from Maurice:

Shhh dont tell them they will pull out the pitchforks.

#14584 4 years ago

Looks like I’m in on the HMS mod!

#14585 4 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

HMS Mod ?

#14588 4 years ago

A sneak peek at the top portion of a new flasher dome rum barrel I’m working on. Both the lantern and the rum jug allow light pass through from the flasher
E6F782A9-5CD8-495B-9327-B61FA822928C (resized).jpegE6F782A9-5CD8-495B-9327-B61FA822928C (resized).jpeg

#14589 4 years ago
Quoted from Soulrider911:

A sneak peek at the top portion of a new flasher dome rum barrel I’m working on. Both the lantern and the rum jug allow light pass through from the flasher
[quoted image]

Looks cool.....wish it was included with the barrel

#14590 4 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

sure ... spill the beans

Me and my big mouth! I will say I threw a ton of time at the development and prototyping around the time the playfield clear problems emerged, kinda as an escape from the drama. I hired an artist(she worked for cheap)and spoke with some vendors about an initial run of 50 or so units. Then I got nervous there’s so few pirates that it may not be feasible. I could just sell the game (not that I would) an make a nice profit or go all in on this and maybe loose money. I was thinking about pricing it around $250ish which in this hobby is kinda the going rate for a premier mod, which this definitely is! Heck the chest mod is amazing and factory - this mod could have been in the game also! That might of netted around $100 each, but allot more time putting everything together, and support, and things never go as planned, and on and on. I also kicked around offering it to a pro modder to run with and take a royalty, or just put up the teaser video knowing it was my idea. I think a few brave souls here could/would do the mod on their own after seeing it, but offering it as a complete kit with easy instructions, where you’ve upgraded your game on a Saturday seems so much more appealing. Hell maybe it’s actually dumb and I’m just bias. Sorry no spilled beans yet... maybe some day.

#14591 4 years ago

Me and my big mouth! I will say I threw a ton of time at the development and prototyping around the time the playfield clear problems emerged, kinda as an escape from the drama. I hired an artist(she worked for cheap)and spoke with some vendors about an initial run of 50 or so units. Then I got nervous there’s so few pirates that it may not be feasible. I could just sell the game (not that I would) an make a nice profit or go all in on this and maybe loose money. I was thinking about pricing it around $250ish which in this hobby is kinda the going rate for a premier mod, which this definitely is! Heck the chest mod is amazing and factory - this mod could have been in the game also! That might of netted around $100 each, but allot more time putting everything together, and support, and things never go as planned, and on and on. I also kicked around offering it to a pro modder to run with and take a royalty, or just put up the teaser video knowing it was my idea. I think a few brave souls here could/would do the mod on their own after seeing it, but offering it as a complete kit with easy instructions, where you’ve upgraded your game on a Saturday seems so much more appealing. Hell maybe it’s actually dumb and I’m just bias. Sorry no spilled beans yet... maybe some day.

Heres your saving grace....many people who own a POTC don't mind dumping a little more cash at the game especially since the market is currently several thousand higher than the original retail...your time is now

#14592 4 years ago
Quoted from Maurice:

I’ve had two games like this. Usually though, I only make it to one wizard mode if I’m lucky. One looked identical to your screenshot. But my absolute best, I was 2 chapters away from the 5th wizard mode and had check marks for every chapter I played. End total was 9.1 mil, due to finishing the red wizard mode with 4x playfield. TBH I’m glad I didn’t make it, because I would have been pissed there was no end wizard mode yet!

#14593 4 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

you was lucky! and welcome back! its a great game!

#14594 4 years ago

I miss this game! Anybody in the Northeast looking to make a trade? I have a bunch of games I can offer

#14595 4 years ago

Spill the beans, lol.

#14596 4 years ago

Huh? So what’s the idea?

#14597 4 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Huh? So what’s the idea?

Syphilis scab pop bumper Topper

#14598 4 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Huh? So what’s the idea?

If its really a great mod I'm sure he could get 100 owners to pre purchase or at least put down a deposit.....

#14599 4 years ago

Syphilis scab pop bumper Topper

I'm in!!!

#14600 4 years ago

I'm only going to make about 8 of these as they are super time-consuming. If interested hop over to the topic here and add your name:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-pirates-rum-barrel-flasher-dome

barrel (resized).jpgbarrel (resized).jpg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 49.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 32.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 38.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Smithtown, NY
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 26.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 24.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Vernon, BC
$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

Wanted
There are 18,885 posts in this topic. You are on page 292 of 378.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-pirates-of-the-caribbean-official-owners-and-fan-club/page/292 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.