(Topic ID: 200141)

JJP Pirates of the Caribbean Official Owners and Fan Club!

By goren1818

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 18,875 posts
  • 633 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 15 hours ago by Mrsiyufy
  • Topic is favorited by 284 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
20240330_165232 (resized).jpg
POTC_Mods_annotated (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2024-03-29 at 12.02.54 PM (resized).png
17117301082711484468150429261795 (resized).jpg
20240329_160033 (resized).jpg
431321214_1110342276953195_8816628931148154685_n (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223442061 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223435586 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240204_044856660.MP (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240203-170723 (resized).png
PXL_20240128_214506994 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240128_224833483.MP (resized).jpg
IMG_0980 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0982 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0981 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

20 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,875 posts in this topic. You are on page 291 of 378.
#14501 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Hi - my name is the yellow brick edition of WoZ. I was recently released but no longer have the monkey mech. Don’t worry - I cost only $11,500.
Yeah sure jjp doesn’t price gauge especially on re-releases. Also looks like your buddy also gambled on that game coming in from far away - potentially Germany. Hopefully no damage. Good luck getting stateside CEs for that price. And that potc LE for 11.5 is not huo.

Hungary to Austria to London to Portland to Bend. Perfect out of the box, no adjustments needed. I was a little concerned about how it would arrive but fortunately no issues.

#14502 4 years ago
Quoted from dts:

Hungary to Austria to London to Portland to Bend. Perfect out of the box, no adjustments needed. I was a little concerned about how it would arrive but fortunately no issues.

Haha that was yours? Yeah I remember your unboxing. That was a gamble I wouldn’t have taken but it looks like it paid off well bc you saved a few thousand off of stateside prices. Congrats

#14503 4 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

And I ordered another 350+ amazing mod for it today... lol.

I ordered that mod also - crazy expensive but very cool. I could be approaching $1k in mods alone on the pin!

#14504 4 years ago

Endeavor mod here too. Finally saw a video. As awesome as Lior’s other mods

Now JJP Where’s the code?!?

#14505 4 years ago
Quoted from arzoo:

I ordered that mod also - crazy expensive but very cool. I could be approaching $1k in mods alone on the pin!

I surpassed that number before I unboxed mine. I have probably 500 in just upgrading the mods on the Dauntless alone. Crazy yes, but pirates is worth it.

#14506 4 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

I surpassed that number before I unboxed mine. I have probably 500 in just upgrading the mods on the Dauntless alone. Crazy yes, but pirates is worth it.

It's funny because I've had the mod couple railing on my potc and it looked better than nothing at all, but it always bothered me because the railing continued around on the left side which does not make sense given that the ship is at an angle in the corner. I guess I could have cut that one section off, but with the new mod there's no need

#14507 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Hi - my name is the yellow brick edition of WoZ. I was recently released but no longer have the monkey mech. Don’t worry - I cost only $11,500.

Now that is funny!

#14508 4 years ago
Quoted from arzoo:

Is there a link to where I can buy the mod?

#14509 4 years ago

Argh! Need to get me Pirates fully functioning! All this talk of how great a game makes me go nuts! Maybe if I get sheltered (looking more and more possible) for next 2 weeks I will have the time to get her working!

#14510 4 years ago
Quoted from VolunteerPin:

Argh! Need to get me Pirates fully functioning! All this talk of how great a game makes me go nuts! Maybe if I get sheltered (looking more and more possible) for next 2 weeks I will have the time to get her working!

Surely there has to be another pinball collector in your area. Refloating pin’s is really a simple process and I suspect that’s all that is going on with your game. At least I hope so.

#14511 4 years ago

Just got home yesterday. Today was grocery store and Costco. Tomorrow is hopefully relax and play some pinball and troubleshoot Pirates. I'll keep things up to date on the troubleshooting thread...

#14512 4 years ago
Quoted from VolunteerPin:

Just got home yesterday. Today was grocery store and Costco. Tomorrow is hopefully relax and play some pinball and troubleshoot Pirates. I'll keep things up to date on the troubleshooting thread...

Good luck! You can do it!

#14513 4 years ago
Quoted from Headwires:

Is there a link to where I can buy the mod?

Here's the thread. The mod designer is only selling 100 and I'm not sure if there are any slots left. I'd send him a pm.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-potc-new-very-detailed-hms-endeavour-ship-top-

#14514 4 years ago
Quoted from arzoo:

Here's the thread. The mod designer is only selling 100 and I'm not sure if there are any slots left. I'd send him a pm.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-potc-new-very-detailed-hms-endeavour-ship-top-

thank you
there is 3 places left

#14515 4 years ago
Quoted from liorillusion:

thank you
there is 3 places left

What is the price?

#14517 4 years ago
Quoted from Green-Machine:

What is the price?

Invaluable!

Really amazing looking mod!

#14518 4 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

Invaluable!
Really amazing looking mod!

Ouch!

#14519 4 years ago

Well... I think the master JJP plan has worked. I would actually maybe pay for a code update at this point!! Come on dudes!!

#14520 4 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Well... I think the master JJP plan has worked. I would actually maybe pay for a code update at this point!! Come on dudes!!

Let’s not put any ideas into someone’s greedy mind

#14521 4 years ago
Quoted from Green-Machine:

Let’s not put any ideas into someone’s greedy mind

Ok ok good point ...

#14522 4 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Ok ok good point ...

#14523 4 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

If they could build in a wizard mode as exciting as witch battle in WOZ I’d pay!

#14524 4 years ago
Quoted from mountaingamer:

If they could build in a wizard mode as exciting as witch battle in WOZ I’d pay!

Uh is this PotC thread? I’d pay nothing extra for this! I think we have all given enough of our cash for this pin.

#14525 4 years ago

I ran into what seemed like a bug in the On Stranger Tides (Movie 4) wizard mode today. Before starting the wizard mode, Tortuga multiball was qualified. I started the wizard mode and then after a making a couple Stage 1 shots I got Tortuga MB started. For a bit it seemed to continue running the wizard mode fine with MB going, but then it seemed like the wizard mode just stopped running. It suddenly went to normal screen and game play without me having drained out and with more than one ball still in play. Play just continued on with multiball still going and with chapter select lit and normal game play. Stage 2 of the wizard mode never started. Anyone else had that happen?

#14526 4 years ago

its been a while but if I remember right the timer on 4 is short. You only have like 20 seconds or something to hit 5 sequential shots. And im probably wrong but I also seem to remember losing a couple seconds for every missed shot. maybe not. Technically you are not supposed to be able to multiball during the wizard modes to start with other than with ragetti special. Tortuga MB during the wiz modes was supposed to be fixed on this patch but wasnt. Long story short tortuga mb is good on 3 of the 5 wizrd modes.the other one that would be a pain during mb is turning the ship upside down. Which makes me think how badly I need to learn to cradle balls better on multiballs.

#14527 4 years ago

I'm so glad I have this pin when we're all stuck inside. It is so much fun to play and just doesn't get old to me at all. I have cliffy's and the chest opening mod to install but my game works so I don't want to take it apart and roll the dice right now of it not working when I put it back together. My favorite way to play right now is look at the character high score list and play with whichever character currently has the lowest score overall. Last night it was Cutler Beckett and I ended up taking him from the lowest to a new Grand champion score. It's so much fun to take each character and see a high you can go with them. How is everyone else playing it?

#14528 4 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

My favorite way to play right now is look at the character high score list and play with whichever character currently has the lowest score overall. Last night it was Cutler Beckett and I ended up taking him from the lowest to a new Grand champion score. It's so much fun to take each character and see a high you can go with them. How is everyone else playing it?

My girlfriend gets tired of me beating her scores, so I circled on a sheet of paper the 9 characters I want to play. She is welcome to play those, with the understanding if she lucks up and gets a high score, not to get pissed if I beat it.

She can have the rest, although still mostly my scores remain.

And me and her play 4 player, with the understanding that we will never plunder each other, but only our spare character we are playing. (and one time I caught her cheating on that agreement when I went for a beer).

She is a keeper, and she wins sometimes. And she knows when she wins I had a bad game, because I do not let anyone win on purpose, I am competitive, and will try my best until the game is over.

#14529 4 years ago
Quoted from GnarLee:

its been a while but if I remember right the timer on 4 is short. You only have like 20 seconds or something to hit 5 sequential shots. And im probably wrong but I also seem to remember losing a couple seconds for every missed shot. maybe not. Technically you are not supposed to be able to multiball during the wizard modes to start with other than with ragetti special. Tortuga MB during the wiz modes was supposed to be fixed on this patch but wasnt. Long story short tortuga mb is good on 3 of the 5 wizrd modes.the other one that would be a pain during mb is turning the ship upside down. Which makes me think how badly I need to learn to cradle balls better on multiballs.

Thanks. I hadn't thought about a timer. I'll have to check that out next time.

#14530 4 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

I'm so glad I have this pin when we're all stuck inside. It is so much fun to play and just doesn't get old to me at all. I have cliffy's and the chest opening mod to install but my game works so I don't want to take it apart and roll the dice right now of it not working when I put it back together. My favorite way to play right now is look at the character high score list and play with whichever character currently has the lowest score overall. Last night it was Cutler Beckett and I ended up taking him from the lowest to a new Grand champion score. It's so much fun to take each character and see a high you can go with them. How is everyone else playing it?

I've been playing Norrington and trying to run as many chapters as possible. Still trying to get all 5 wizard modes run in a game and still getting closer and closer.

#14531 4 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

I also like playing "low man on the totem pole!"

#14532 4 years ago
Quoted from GnarLee:

I watched the video of the 20+ million shot posted in the thread a long time ago. I noticed he's able to backhand the right ramp. I'd be curious what the pitch and lower right flipper power settings are in that setup. The way mine is currently set up I can't backhand to the Pearl. It only gets about 3/4 of the way up the ramp when I try it. My pitch is 6.5 by the flippers (and 7.0 by the upper left flipper, and 7.3 by the chest) and my lower right flipper is at the default 25.

#14533 4 years ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

I watched the video of the 20+ million shot posted in the thread a long time ago. I noticed he's able to backhand the right ramp. I'd be curious what the pitch and lower right flipper power settings are in that setup. The way mine is currently set up I can't backhand to the Pearl. It only gets about 3/4 of the way up the ramp when I try it. My pitch is 6.5 by the flippers (and 7.0 by the upper left flipper, and 7.3 by the chest) and my lower right flipper is at the default 25.

I can't backhand that shot like that either. On mine, with a perfect shot I can barely make it through the gate to register the shot and have it come right back down to the right flipper. What a nice advantage it would be to be able to do that consistently to set up your Pirate awards.

#14534 4 years ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

Great question as I cant make that shot.....my games pitch is pretty close to yours and my flipper settings are at default settings. I'm guessing his game is at a much lower pitch?

#14535 4 years ago

My machine is currently a little more than 6.5 and can continuously backhand the right ramp. Interesting that some machines have issues doing that. Just curious... Flipper rubbers clean? what is the flipper coil strength at? level left to right? My right flipper coil setting is default (25).

#14536 4 years ago
Quoted from MarZ_78:

My machine is currently a little more than 6.5 and can continuously backhand the right ramp. Interesting that some machines have issues doing that. Just curious... Flipper rubbers clean? what is the flipper coil strength at? level left to right? My right flipper coil setting is default (25).

6.5 at the flippers? my flipper rubbers are clean....I may try to increase the coil strength today and see if that helps. I really don't want to lower the play field angle as I like how it plays. My game is 6.5 at the lower flippers and 7.4 at the chest.....

#14537 4 years ago
Quoted from MarZ_78:

Wow, I can’t backhand it either, and my stuff is all stock as well. how perfect does the shot need to be ?

#14539 4 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Wow, I can’t backhand it either, and my stuff is all stock as well. how perfect does the shot need to be ?

I've hit mine flush multiple times without success....I just figured it wasn't possible! Clearly I was wrong

#14540 4 years ago
Quoted from MarZ_78:

Curious do you know what your pitch is at the left upper flipper and at the chest? Machine is level and the right flipper is clean with default strength setting 25. And I changed the coil sleeves and cleaned the underside mechanisms of the flippers recently too. Can't get up the ramp on a very clean backhand though.

#14541 4 years ago

I used the pinball leveler app on my android. calibrated it using a table i leveled with a 3' bubble level. If i remember right it was at 6.5 at the flippers, and a little steeper at the upper playfield maybe (7.0). Im happy to take a couple measurements later and even a video if anyone is curious. I'd even make it steeper to change things up a bit and re test the backhand.

I'm curious what you all use for a level/pitch measurement. I bought a digital level that doesnt work very well and decided to defer to the app since from my understanding is its well accepted in the pin community.

#14542 4 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Think i found the problem- one of the switches in the Starmap was stuck shut. Must have been causing problems with the Black Pearl ramp switch which tells the game that there’s a ball on the Black Pearl which activates the canon gate coil.
Amazing what a mess switch issues can cause.

Well thats weird. Ive had a broken switch in my star map for ever. Always reads closed. And my cannon shot works fine.

#14543 4 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

I was about to post the same. Hell i have 2 mods now that by themselves come close to the 1k mark.

#14544 4 years ago
Quoted from MarZ_78:

I used the pinball leveler app on my android. calibrated it using a table i leveled with a 3' bubble level. If i remember right it was at 6.5 at the flippers, and a little steeper at the upper playfield maybe (7.0). Im happy to take a couple measurements later and even a video if anyone is curious. I'd even make it steeper to change things up a bit and re test the backhand.
I'm curious what you all use for a level/pitch measurement. I bought a digital level that doesnt work very well and decided to defer to the app since from my understanding is its well accepted in the pin community.

I use the Pinguy app on my iPhone. It seems to be pretty accurate and reliable across my three machines. No need to go out of your way to measure. I was just curious if someone has a bit less steep upper playfield area could that make a difference. Can't think of anything else besides flipper strength setting that would have some machines able to backhand but not others.

I've got my machine dialed in pretty nicely the last few months to where it's playing pretty consistently and I can hit all shots pretty reliably. I don't know that I'd change anything to try to gain the right ramp backhand and risk other shots becoming less smooth.... Oh, who am I kidding. Of course I'd tinker with it

#14545 4 years ago

The price on the mod.

#14546 4 years ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

I use the Pinguy app on my iPhone. It seems to be pretty accurate and reliable across my three machines. No need to go out of your way to measure. I was just curious if someone has a bit less steep upper playfield area could that make a difference. Can't think of anything else besides flipper strength setting that would have some machines able to backhand but not others.
I've got my machine dialed in pretty nicely the last few months to where it's playing pretty consistently and I can hit all shots pretty reliably. I don't know that I'd change anything to try to gain the right ramp backhand and risk other shots becoming less smooth.... Oh, who am I kidding. Of course I'd tinker with it

Just a guess but on some of my games like SW back handing shots can also be determined by the angle you have your flippers set to. On Star Wars I have the tips just a smidge (pinball term) higher and now I can hit that ramp all day. Just a thought.

#14547 4 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Just a guess but on some of my games like SW back handing shots can also be determined by the angle you have your flippers set to. On Star Wars I have the tips just a smidge (pinball term) higher and now I can hit that ramp all day. Just a thought.

Thanks! I'll check that out too!

#14548 4 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Thats a good point....I'll check that out....I have a very accurate digital level so I'm pretty sure my measurements are spot on.

#14549 4 years ago

God I love this game, but I swear there is not another game in existence that is so difficult to string together multiple good balls in a row or even just in a game. When you have to really start focusing and shooting for specific things (like in Wizard Modes and later on during play), this game is unforgiving. I've never seen another game like it in that regard. Case in point, played Gibbs since he was low on the totem pole score wise. Ball 1...3.5 million with 4 more balls to play. Everything was working. Play on, get another EB...and still end up with only 4.5 million for the game...5 balls later. I of course missed my hold bonus that was lit, so I missed out on countless points over those balls by not being able to carry over bonus and I had the Dead Man's Chest wizard mode running with 6x scoring, hit 1 shot and drained. I have seen this so many times on this game. It's like the game says, "I gave you 1 ball, that's enough of that." and you get pops right to the drain or a dribble off the gold targets down the left outlane. She's a beauty, but what a cruel mistress.

#14550 4 years ago

I hope you mean million or I REALLY suck

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 100.00
Electronics
Led Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

29,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Frisco, TX
$ 26.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 28.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 49.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Wanted
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Vernon, BC
$ 20.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 35.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

There are 18,875 posts in this topic. You are on page 291 of 378.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-pirates-of-the-caribbean-official-owners-and-fan-club/page/291?hl=gnarlee and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.