(Topic ID: 200141)

JJP Pirates of the Caribbean Official Owners and Fan Club!

By goren1818

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 18,875 posts
  • 633 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 26 hours ago by Mrsiyufy
  • Topic is favorited by 284 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
20240330_165232 (resized).jpg
POTC_Mods_annotated (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2024-03-29 at 12.02.54 PM (resized).png
17117301082711484468150429261795 (resized).jpg
20240329_160033 (resized).jpg
431321214_1110342276953195_8816628931148154685_n (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223442061 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223435586 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240204_044856660.MP (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240203-170723 (resized).png
PXL_20240128_214506994 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240128_224833483.MP (resized).jpg
IMG_0980 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0982 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0981 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

20 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,875 posts in this topic. You are on page 290 of 378.
#14451 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

I heard the same about assets and was surprised. Not sure if that's really happening

It sounds like more assets means more video clips from the films without the actors faces / voices. Theres still a lot they can use from all 5 films.

#14452 4 years ago

JJP is still having PotC playfields manufactured. Could this indicate plans to put it back into production or just replacement playfields?

#14453 4 years ago
Quoted from Green-Machine:

JJP is still having PotC playfields manufactured. Could this indicate plans to put it back into production or just replacement playfields?

FWIW, I got a replacement playfield last week so it seems they are still just being utilized as replacements...so far.

#14454 4 years ago
Quoted from Freakyguy666:

FWIW, I got a replacement playfield last week so it seems they are still just being utilized as replacements...so far.

Did they inform you that it was on the way before they sent it? I’m still in wait of mine to be manufactured it seems

#14455 4 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

I wouldn't, but if they want to sell say...another 500 games?
Thing is, Kaneda didn't state, and most likely doesn't know either way, what type of assets they might be. Would they most likely be more non actor based snippets?
I kinda figured we'd see one way or another at TPF, but now...... Unless these companies start making fully produced and edited game debut videos, I have no idea how things will be presented henceforth.

I'd think most likely any assets would be video clips they hadn't used yet. I think they said once a long time ago they could use any video clip from the movies that didn't have an actor in it. I think they said that meant they had something like 20 to 30 minutes combined total from the 5 movies available to use. There's at least one wizard mode that needs work since it currently only has static soldier's outlines as a place holder. That one definitely still needs animation or something added to it, and all the wizard modes could use some additional fanfare when they start. Plus there are sill several bug fixes, shaker effects, and other things listed in the other thread that they should do. Hope it happens soon.

#14456 4 years ago

Since I installed the most recent code, when on the Black Pearl, I activate the Cannon shot, but the gate doesn’t stay open. Checked the coil and it’s working fine. Are there any new rules to this? Seems when I hit the yellow stand ups the coils activated briefly.

Could be a switch issue? But before I go crazy trying to investigate thought I’d check here.

#14457 4 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Since I installed the most recent code, when on the Black Pearl, I activate the Cannon shot, but the gate doesn’t stay open. Checked the coil and it’s working fine. Are there any new rules to this? Seems when I hit the yellow stand ups the coils activated briefly.
Could be a switch issue? But before I go crazy trying to investigate thought I’d check here.

Think i found the problem- one of the switches in the Starmap was stuck shut. Must have been causing problems with the Black Pearl ramp switch which tells the game that there’s a ball on the Black Pearl which activates the canon gate coil.

Amazing what a mess switch issues can cause.

#14458 4 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Yeah code!!!! Still hearing that Pirates is done.
Kaneda is criticizing JJP for working on Pirates code since it's done and says they should be working on Wonka code instead. He doesn't understand that Pirates code is not complete and that the owners that paid $8500 - $12,500 deserve to have the code completed and polished at the same level as JJP's past games.
Stern did this with Ghostbusters code even though that game was done and I'm glad to see JJP following through with Pirates code as its actions like these that bring back customers. JJP properly completing Hobbit code (and then some, amazing code) helped sway me to buy Pirates.
Sounds like it will be a huge update! Can't wait

Sounds like typical K logic to me. Hype for hype’s sake. Logic be damned!

#14459 4 years ago

Been spending some more time on Potc, and it truly is something special.

But I really can not believe how few POTC assets are used. Whilst they’ve done a great job re-creating the world with almost no footage from the film, if this really is all they have, whoever negotiated this license should be fired immediately.

#14460 4 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Been spending some more time on Potc, and it truly is something special.
But I really can not believe how few POTC assets are used. Whilst they’ve done a great job re-creating the world with almost no footage from the film, if this really is all they have, whoever negotiated this license should be fired immediately.

Read in a prior post that Johnny Depp (or maybe Disney) wanted 500k per movie for his voice assets.

#14461 4 years ago
Quoted from arzoo:

Read in a prior post that Johnny Depp (or maybe Disney) wanted 500k per movie for his voice assets.

Eric said that in one of his pinball show seminars. Consider that to not just be a rumor.

#14462 4 years ago
Quoted from arzoo:

Depp’s agent. I guarantee Johnny Depp didn’t even know there was a pinball machine being made.

Still, there are other actors who could have their voices used. I think all the Gibbs callouts were specially recorded for the game, right?

I do wish JJP would allow some way to update the game with other assets. The crypto dongle
That is used on their games has been cracked for years now, but you still have to reverse engineer how the assets are called.

#14463 4 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Depp’s agent. I guarantee Johnny Depp didn’t even know there was a pinball machine being made.
Still, there are other actors who could have their voices used. I think all the Gibbs callouts were specially recorded for the game, right?
I do wish JJP would allow some way to update the game with other assets. The crypto dongle
That is used on their games has been cracked for years now, but you still have to reverse engineer how the assets are called.

More video content would be amazing. Maybe someone will figure that out eventually.

#14464 4 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

whoever negotiated this license should be fired immediately.

Quoted from arzoo:

Quoted from KingBW:

Eric said that in one of his pinball show seminars. Consider that to not just be a rumor.

This has been covered to death. Disney doesn't own the audio or video rights to their Pirates movies, the actors and actresses do. So you have to make a deal with each one. Your people contact their people. Some will be cheap, some will be expensive. Then you get the part you want and put it in the game. Then get Disney to sign off on the change to the game you are making under license from them. They can take how ever long they want. And what if the don't want it in the game ?

This would have been a nightmare of gigantic proportions that would have cost huge money and taken many, many years, if it ever got done.

Eric and JJP did an amazing job with what they had to work with. And I'm grateful they put up with Disney and made a great game.

LTG : )

#14465 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Eric and JJP did an amazing job with what they had to work with. And I'm grateful they put up with Disney and made a great game.

This. Nobody who owns a POTC still complains about the video assets because the game is so damn good.

#14466 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

This has been covered to death. Disney doesn't own the audio or video rights to their Pirates movies, the actors and actresses do. So you have to make a deal with each one. Your people contact their people. Some will be cheap, some will be expensive. Then you get the part you want and put it in the game. Then get Disney to sign off on the change to the game you are making under license from them. They can take how ever long they want. And what if the don't want it in the game ?
This would have been a nightmare of gigantic proportions that would have cost huge money and taken many, many years, if it ever got done.

Wouldn't this fella work for peanuts though..?

(I think I read there were 3 Capuchins used...) Mo nuts!!

images (11) (resized).jpegimages (11) (resized).jpeg
#14467 4 years ago

I’ve heard all the stories about actors cost of rights etc. and completely understand that. (Except it should have been bailed on when that became apparent). What I meant was any assets at all??? There must be heaps of footage that doesn’t show an actors face or even an actor at all?

#14468 4 years ago

I agree it's amazing. I'm loving having another, such a great game. My comment was more along the lines of I'm surprised nobody has hacked into the code and added video, such as flynnsbit has done with his LCD screen conversion of Tron. JJPOTC is a pinball masterpiece.

#14469 4 years ago

I seem to recall they the monkey has its own manager, and to use its likeness was very expensive.
Funny stuff

#14470 4 years ago

Regarding the assets in the game, they are the perfect length. If they where longed, I would just skip them. Long video clips is fine the first time around. Then you just want to kill them and move on.

#14471 4 years ago

I've said it before, I could really care less about the video assets. The game doesn't need them, and in my opinion I prefer it without them. I'm not a huge fan of the movies, but this machine is incredible. One of the best ever (at least as of March 2020) Just my take on the whole video asset debate.

#14472 4 years ago
Quoted from Axl:

Regarding the assets in the game, they are the perfect length. If they where longed, I would just skip them. Long video clips is fine the first time around. Then you just want to kill them and move on.

POTC has such a perfect/ideal balance. I never understand what the complaint is, and I'd want an option to choose with or without, if licensed actor clips ever existed.

It's nice to get lost in a pin, with visual cues, versus literal repeating ones.

#14473 4 years ago

I'm with you guys on this. I'm on my second and last round with this machine, and I love the immersive feeling involved with the graphic art, music, and modes. More video would just slow it down. My POTC has had no problems out of the box, really remarkable.

#14474 4 years ago
Quoted from dts:

I agree it's amazing. I'm loving having another, such a great game. My comment was more along the lines of I'm surprised nobody has hacked into the code and added video, such as flynnsbit has done with his LCD screen conversion of Tron. JJPOTC is a pinball masterpiece.

its a huge pain in the ass. The hard drive is encrypted with the USB dongle that's on each game, and I think it checksums the assets before booting (not 100% sure if it does that). So the dongle has to be decrypted (which is available, but each owner would have to do it) and the new assets loaded in in place of existing ones. A couple weeks of work at least. And no new triggers could be added, just enhancements to the existing video/audio. Then I think there's some mild concern about JJP getting in trouble with Disney about not protecting their assets, which is part of the deal. I think Disney has a hell of a lot more to worry about right now, but it could eventually come up. Doing these games is neither as easy nor as rewarding as hacking a WPC or Spike game. Plus this game doesn't need it!

#14475 4 years ago

my ball keeps getting stuck under the left side of the treasure chest, does anyone have a fix, Ive been looking but didnt find much in this thread
Thanks

#14476 4 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

my ball keeps getting stuck under the left side of the treasure chest,

By the post that traps it ?

If so please be sure the post moves up and down freely. Could be off center in the hole in the playfield and dragging, or the mech underneath binding. Just a plunger spring set up. Check that the coil sleeve is good and end of the spring isn't worked into the inside of the coil sleeve stopping the plunger.

Or if that plunger is too low and the ball sits above it in the low spot in the playfield, at the bottom of the assembly under the playfield is a screw to turn the post higher or lower.

#14477 4 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

my ball keeps getting stuck under the left side of the treasure chest, does anyone have a fix, Ive been looking but didnt find much in this thread
Thanks

Are the fork tips poking up too high? You can loosen the 2 screws for it and adjust. Make sure to loctite them so they don't move.

#14478 4 years ago

Here's a stuck ball I've never had happen before.

20200317_191357 (resized).jpg20200317_191357 (resized).jpg
#14479 4 years ago

Thanks for the reply guys, this is where it is, like right under neath the treasure chest. I think my machine is level. It doesn't happen that often, but enough to annoy me.

IMG_1556 (resized).jpegIMG_1556 (resized).jpeg
#14480 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Or if that plunger is too low and the ball sits above it in the low spot in the playfield, at the bottom of the assembly under the playfield is a screw to turn the post higher or lower.

This!

#14481 4 years ago

Agree, now that I can see where it's landing it's definitely the plunger too low giving a little dish for the ball to rest in.

#14482 4 years ago
Quoted from arzoo:

Here's a stuck ball I've never had happen before.

Wait until you get one on top of the apron. Fun and games.

For a wide body, Pirates is fast.

#14483 4 years ago

what does everyone do for the rightside outlane ball save? Is their a preferred placement for the rubber or no rubber etc?
thanks

#14484 4 years ago
Quoted from TZBen:

what does everyone do for the rightside outlane ball save? Is their a preferred placement for the rubber or no rubber etc?
thanks

I stuck with the rubber only on the right post (as it came from JJP). Much harder to save with that configuration.

#14486 4 years ago

Just pointing this out.... all of a sudden there are FIVE JJP POTC's for sale on Pinside. Five. Is the Pandemic having an effect? Crap.

#14487 4 years ago
Quoted from MurphyPeoples:

Just pointing this out.... all of a sudden there are FIVE JJP POTC's for sale on Pinside. Five. The Pandemic is having an effect. Crap.

Stop the bullshit. Keep it on the other dumb virus topics. Guy just sold an alien in less than a day for 14k. Enough

#14488 4 years ago

Just pointing this out.... all of a sudden there are FIVE JJP POTC's for sale on Pinside. Five. The Pandemic is having an effect. Crap.

Valid point but also note that Each is being offered at a Crazy profit premium so not really a pandemic response.

#14489 4 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Valid point but also note that Each is being offered at a Crazy profit premium so not really a pandemic response.

It's not so much the pricing, which is legit right now, but the fact that so many people said this was their "Bolted to the floor" - "Never gonna sell" pin.
If you take the CE last week, and Zach's LE last week, plus these five - that's a lot of POTC for sale in 7 days time. Wow.

Quoted from delt31:

Stop the bullshit. Keep it on the other dumb virus topics. Guy just sold an alien in less than a day for 14k. Enough

Stop the BS? I just made an small observation - not related to the price of pins - but rare pins going up for sale. Alien at 14K is spot on. But when have you ever seen 7 POTC's for sale in a single week for the past year? I rarely say much on Pinside, and usually try to make upbeat comments. Your reply to me, I consider harsh compared to a tiny comment I made. Sheesh.

#14490 4 years ago

It's not so much the pricing, which is legit right now, but the fact that so many people said this was their "Bolted to the floor" - "Never gonna sell" pin.
If you take the CE last week, and Zach's LE last week, plus these five - that's a lot of POTC for sale in 7 days time. Wow.

Stop the BS? I just made an small observation - not related to the price of pins - but rare pins going up for sale. Alien at 14K is spot on. But when have you ever seen 7 POTC's for sale in a single week for the past year? I rarely say much on Pinside, and usually try to make upbeat comments. Your reply to me, I consider harsh compared to a tiny comment I made. Sheesh.

I think Delt was more referring to the in general bullshit, the whirlwind kind that gains traction and doesn't need to, more so than your direct comment. That was my interpretation anyway....

Eh, I wouldn't read too much into it. People say things all the time, maybe they mean it then, but it's tough to take anything from anyone as written in stone. People change their minds, novelty wears off, new games come around, bills that were being neglected, spouse and house size issues. Who knows?

#14491 4 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

I think Delt was more referring to the in general bullshit, the whirlwind kind that gains traction and doesn't need to, more so than your direct comment. That was my interpretation anyway....
Eh, I wouldn't read too much into it. People say things all the time, maybe they mean it then, but it's tough to take anything from anyone as written in stone. People change their minds, novelty wears off, new games come around, bills that were being neglected, spouse and house size issues. Who knows?

that's exactly it. I rather not let that drama spill into this thread too. Enough of it. Anyone who wants to sell their pins for cheap, PM me. Otherwise don't stir the pot and try to make something out of it. Let's keep it on target.

#14492 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

that's exactly it. I rather not let that drama spill into this thread too. Enough of it. Anyone who wants to sell their pins for cheap, PM me. Otherwise don't stir the pot and try to make something out of it. Let's keep it on target.

Easy there Boss.

#14493 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Understood. I should have left the word "pandemic" out of it and let Pinsiders ruminate on the possibilities of why 7 POTC's were up for sale in a single week. Apologies if I upset anyone.

#14494 4 years ago

It's not the Virus that's getting people looking to sell.Its the premium price they are getting and people are looking to what is coming up the pipeline.I Just bought mine yesterday and I paid 12k and i'm stoked that I was able to buy one and no regrets. 12 k is a high premium for a used game and in my opinion the more plays they get the less likely one will pay the 12k for one.And of course if Jack makes more the 12k gos to 9 k overnight.I personally have never sold any of my games so I don't buy them to make money on them, but value is always important, and if people want to move on their machine the lower plays the better.Zacks game and others I looked at had 700 plus games on them and I found one with 250 so I was willing to go 12. My point is the game is at a high price point now,and the more plays they get and when GNS,Turtles,and more new shineys come out the value of Pirates will most likely drop a bit.
But really who cares ? I bought the best game out their and it's the Twilight Zone equivalent of its time.No one or no game has come close to the new innovation,deep rules and fun this game has delivered other than mabie woz.Come on, a rocking ship that a cannon fires a ball across the playfield to hit the other ship to sink it.How cool is that :}' and when has any other company put the effort or thought into something like that.Stern has put out some great games and I have totally enjoyed them and they deserve a high five for giving us mostly fun games but Jersey Jack and Eirc,Joe and the all team deserves a high 10 for being the best innovator and bringing it all to the table.I know this has been said over and over but hey I just got mine yesterday and I'm totally stoked and heading back now to make the play count go up.:}

#14496 4 years ago

Damn. Thought there was actually some news, instead of Pinsider navel gazing. If people want to sell at $12K or whatever price.. they can. No conspiracy theory.

#14497 4 years ago

I’m buying a super low play stock POTC for around $12.5. Honestly worth every penny. The whole family misses this game.

#14498 4 years ago
Quoted from Crumbalimb:

It's not the Virus that's getting people looking to sell.Its the premium price they are getting and people are looking to what is coming up the pipeline.I Just bought mine yesterday and I paid 12k and i'm stoked that I was able to buy one and no regrets. 12 k is a high premium for a used game and in my opinion the more plays they get the less likely one will pay the 12k for one.And of course if Jack makes more the 12k gos to 9 k overnight.I personally have never sold any of my games so I don't buy them to make money on them, but value is always important, and if people want to move on their machine the lower plays the better.Zacks game and others I looked at had 700 plus games on them and I found one with 250 so I was willing to go 12. My point is the game is at a high price point now,and the more plays they get and when GNS,Turtles,and more new shineys come out the value of Pirates will most likely drop a bit.
But really who cares ? I bought the best game out their and it's the Twilight Zone equivalent of its time.No one or no game has come close to the new innovation,deep rules and fun this game has delivered other than mabie woz.Come on, a rocking ship that a cannon fires a ball across the playfield to hit the other ship to sink it.How cool is that :}' and when has any other company put the effort or thought into something like that.Stern has put out some great games and I have totally enjoyed them and they deserve a high five for giving us mostly fun games but Jersey Jack and Eirc,Joe and the all team deserves a high 10 for being the best innovator and bringing it all to the table.I know this has been said over and over but hey I just got mine yesterday and I'm totally stoked and heading back now to make the play count go up.:}

Actually if they make more they won't be 9500 for a nib le anymore(most likely)... y wld they be when they have been selling pretty regularly for month's between 10500-14000(mostly around 12-13k).and some ce for 18-21k. Heck even standards were selling for 9500-10k. I suspect if they do make more(still unlikely anytime this year) they will be 11-12k plus shipping and possible taxes ...so used huo modded ones will still get 10500 + depending on everything. Regardless it's a great pin and I had mine sold for much more than 12500(bc of all the upgrades) but held off to wait on new code and knowing another run cld cost me 2-3k. Its whatever tho bc I'm enjoying having it in the collection and trying to learn the rules. And I ordered another 350+ amazing mod for it today... lol.

#14499 4 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Actually if they make more they won't be 9500 for a nib le anymore(most likely)... y wld they be when they have been selling pretty regularly for month's between 10500-14000(mostly around 12-13k).and some ce for 18-21k. Heck even standards were selling for 9500-10k. I suspect if they do make more(still unlikely anytime this year) they will be 11-12k plus shipping and possible taxes ...so used huo modded ones will still get 10500 + depending on everything. Regardless it's a great pin and I had mine sold for much more than 12500(bc of all the upgrades) but held off to wait on new code and knowing another run cld cost me 2-3k. Its whatever tho bc I'm enjoying having it in the collection and trying to learn the rules. And I ordered another 350+ amazing mod for it today... lol.

Edit: Apologies guys, I got a little confused on what thread I was posting in, I will blame it on the brain tumor and radiation therapy I am dealing with. I didn't mean to post what I posted in this club thread for some reason I thought I was posting in this thread..

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/is-jjp-really-done-with-pirates-/page/5#post-5502214

#14500 4 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

JJP is not going to price gouge.

Hi - my name is the yellow brick edition of WoZ. I was recently released but no longer have the monkey mech. Don’t worry - I cost only $11,500.

Yeah sure jjp doesn’t price gauge especially on re-releases. Also looks like your buddy also gambled on that game coming in from far away - potentially Germany. Hopefully no damage. Good luck getting stateside CEs for that price. And that potc LE for 11.5 is not huo.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
Wanted
$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Vernon, BC
$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 45.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 24.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

$ 32.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

There are 18,875 posts in this topic. You are on page 290 of 378.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-pirates-of-the-caribbean-official-owners-and-fan-club/page/290?hl=oneangrymo and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.