(Topic ID: 200141)

JJP Pirates of the Caribbean Official Owners and Fan Club!

By goren1818

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 18,875 posts
  • 633 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 hours ago by Mrsiyufy
  • Topic is favorited by 284 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
20240330_165232 (resized).jpg
POTC_Mods_annotated (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2024-03-29 at 12.02.54 PM (resized).png
17117301082711484468150429261795 (resized).jpg
20240329_160033 (resized).jpg
431321214_1110342276953195_8816628931148154685_n (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223442061 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223435586 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240204_044856660.MP (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240203-170723 (resized).png
PXL_20240128_214506994 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240128_224833483.MP (resized).jpg
IMG_0980 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0982 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0981 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

20 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,875 posts in this topic. You are on page 289 of 378.
#14401 4 years ago

So I love this guys videos.....well done. Really great player

I noticed his video captured this random sound that I’ve never figured out what it is. Check it out. Happens right at 12:10 in (maybe start 12:08) and it sounds like “uuugggghhh”

What does that tie to?

#14402 4 years ago
Quoted from luckymoey:

Lloyd, I’m not questioning the value of distributors overall, just that you shouldn’t have to leverage them to get decent general tech and parts support from JJP.
There have been numerous, ongoing complaints about parts and tech service support in this and other posts for some time - including many about not even getting a response after multiple attempts. I personally gave up on two separate issues after many calls and failure of JJP to follow-up as promised. And all of my interactions were courteous and professional. They are obviously resolving many issues but that doesn’t offset the negative experiences. I hope they are making the necessary changes, but haven’t seen any real indications yet.

Direct-customer service isn't the only way businesses work. In fact, MOST businesses would prefer not to deal with the customer directly. They are not properly informed, waste a lot of time, and make unreasonable demands. Take the building industry for example. All the really good quality materials and products are not sold to the public. The public gets 'safe' products which meet regulations - but which don't last. Anything you buy at Home Depot for example, costs more and works less well due to this situation. Same with distributors and JJP. There are only so many workers and hours in the day.

#14403 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

I noticed his video captured this random sound that I’ve never figured out what it is. Check it out. Happens right at 12:10 in (maybe start 12:08) and it sounds like “uuugggghhh”
What does that tie to?

Yep - Karl's streams are the best for seeing all that a game offers. Wish I had even half his playing skills! Not all of his streams make it to his YouTube channel - so make sure to check out those on his Twitch channel (IE Pinball) before they expire if you haven't already.

The "uuuuggghh" sound that I'm hearing appears to be part of Tortuga multiball and these seem to correspond with items being tossed across the screen for the most part. Don't know if these are triggered by hitting anything in particular.

#14404 4 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Direct-customer service isn't the only way businesses work. In fact, MOST businesses would prefer not to deal with the customer directly. They are not properly informed, waste a lot of time, and make unreasonable demands. Take the building industry for example. All the really good quality materials and products are not sold to the public. The public gets 'safe' products which meet regulations - but which don't last. Anything you buy at Home Depot for example, costs more and works less well due to this situation. Same with distributors and JJP. There are only so many workers and hours in the day.

I understand how distributors work and the important role they can play - I've used them throughout my career. Are you suggesting that JJP's model is only to provide tech and parts support through distributors (and thereby only to original purchasers)? Or that it's OK to repeatedly ignore and/or blow off owners of their machines who call published support numbers? They have not positioned themselves solely as a wholesaler. They sell direct and provide direct support channels on their web-site and other communications. Even if they didn't offer direct support, any good, customer focused business will refer you to the right place - and monitor their distributors to make sure they are providing proper support. They make great games (I've owned every one other than Wonka) but they are having real issues with support that will negatively effect their long-term success if they don't improve.

#14405 4 years ago

Hi Guys,
How can you remove the treasury? I probably overlook something small .. but cant get it loose. I wanted to continue without my playfield protector but noticed a lot of dimpling underneath it. its on it since the first ball.... never seen this before...

#14406 4 years ago
Quoted from luckymoey:

I understand how distributors work and the important role they can play - I've used them throughout my career. Are you suggesting that JJP's model is only to provide tech and parts support through distributors (and thereby only to original purchasers)? Or that it's OK to repeatedly ignore and/or blow off owners of their machines who call published support numbers? They have not positioned themselves solely as a wholesaler. They sell direct and provide direct support channels on their web-site and other communications. Even if they didn't offer direct support, any good, customer focused business will refer you to the right place - and monitor their distributors to make sure they are providing proper support. They make great games (I've owned every one other than Wonka) but they are having real issues with support that will negatively effect their long-term success if they don't improve.

I couldn't agree more....at the moment anyone defending JJP's tech support isn't being honest with themselves. No idea if this will improve or not, but clearly JJP can't afford spare parts, and their customer support is gone WAY downhill over the years. For myself I was fine paying the premium for their product, but that came with the expectation of great customer support.....

#14407 4 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Generally I would agree, but if said company decides to eliminate the wholesale model than all bets are off + the pinball industry is so specialized most manufacturers have to provide direct customer support even if they have the wholesale model (stern, CGC)....theres no denying that JJP has seriously cut the budget on customer support, which I am certain they are fully aware of. My guess is the they have a short runway to turn a profit or they turn out the lights.

#14408 4 years ago

I think you guys are looking at things in too much a black or white situation. I don’t know what the deal is with JJP right now, and they have never been the top stars at fast customer support - but if distributors are supposed to be part of the equation, they should be doing some of the legwork to their customers. Maybe JJP has changed that model, or told the distros to contact them ? I don’t know, but both avenues seem to be on the table. My point about distributors was that if they are positioned right, they should be taking some of the heat off JJP’s direct support, which is especially needed during this big move to Illinois they are doing.

#14409 4 years ago

Corn

#14410 4 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

I think you guys are looking at things in too much a black or white situation. I don’t know what the deal is with JJP right now, and they have never been the top stars at fast customer support - but if distributors are supposed to be part of the equation, they should be doing some of the legwork to their customers. Maybe JJP has changed that model, or told the distros to contact them ? I don’t know, but both avenues seem to be on the table. My point about distributors was that if they are positioned right, they should be taking some of the heat off JJP’s direct support, which is especially needed during this big move to Illinois they are doing.

a lot of distributors do. I tell ALL of my customers to call/email me before reaching out to JJP. Do they all listen? no...

#14411 4 years ago
Quoted from KingPinGames:

a lot of distributors do. I tell ALL of my customers to call/email me before reaching out to JJP. Do they all listen? no...

ha! Fair point

#14412 4 years ago
Quoted from KingPinGames:

I totally get the point, but should it really make a difference? Customers are told to register their games directly with JJP in order to trigger the warranty period. If said customer has an issue then he or she is instructed to open a ticket directly with JJP. I get some distributors have more clout with JJP, and know who to call and how to go around the system, but its not the process JJP has set up to deal with issues.

#14413 4 years ago

Emailed JJP directly a few weeks ago about a concern. Today I received an email reply and confirmation that I will be receiving a replacement for my issue.

#14414 4 years ago
Quoted from Green-Machine:

Emailed JJP directly a few weeks ago about a concern. Today I received an email reply and confirmation that I will be receiving a replacement for my issue.

They do seem to be stepping up their game.

LTG : )

#14415 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

They do seem to be stepping up their game.
LTG : )

I was very pleased to hear from them.

FC8C32FD-C3FD-4A7F-B50E-D884504A70FE.gifFC8C32FD-C3FD-4A7F-B50E-D884504A70FE.gif
#14416 4 years ago

So I’m doing a little touch up on my LE. Anyone know where I can get the t-mounding for this pin? Mine got a little dinged up in transit. Also, there are little chips in the powder coat on the rails right where the top of the head hits when folded. Anyone know a reasonable patch for that?

Thanks in advance.

#14417 4 years ago
Quoted from paynemic:

So I’m doing a little touch up on my LE. Anyone know where I can get the t-mounding for this pin? Mine got a little dinged up in transit. Also, there are little chips in the powder coat on the rails right where the top of the head hits when folded. Anyone know a reasonable patch for that?
Thanks in advance.

Problem is it’s not t-molding. It’s banding that is glued on. JJP apparently buys the back box as an assembly with the molding already installed. Not sure where to buy, but unless it’s significant, you’re probably better off leaving alone or touching up with a little paint to make less noticeable.

You can’t really touch up powdercoat. JJP sells replacement rails at a very reasonable price. They may even have them listed on their website store. Hopefully they’re not out of stock for Pirates.

#14418 4 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I was down in Florida for vacation and saw this Disney Tommy Bahama Pirates of the Caribbean Hawaiian shirt. It was pricey but had to have it. Will only play Pirates with it on lol.
[quoted image]

I wish PanzerFreak you would have not shown your new Tommy Bahama pirate shirt, but I am a real fan of Tommy Bahama clothing and own the machine too, so I also purchased the shirt. Arrr

20200309_160104 (resized).jpg20200309_160104 (resized).jpg
#14419 4 years ago
Quoted from Mikespinball:

I wish PanzerFreak you would have not shown your new Tommy Bahama pirate shirt, but I am a real fan of Tommy Bahama clothing and own the machine too, so I also purchased the shirt. Arrr[quoted image]

Is this going to turn into something like the old lady Red Hat Club? If so, I gotta get a FL relative to pic up one for me at Disney.

#14420 4 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

Is this going to turn into something like the old lady Red Hat Club? If so, I gotta get a FL relative to pic up one for me at Disney.

It might happen, want to join??
Anyhow I cheated as I bought mine off EBay. Check out Tommy Bahama pirate and you will fine the shirt. Good luck.

#14421 4 years ago

I wish PanzerFreak you would have not shown your new Tommy Bahama pirate shirt, but I am a real fan of Tommy Bahama clothing and own the machine too, so I also purchased the shirt. Arrr[quoted image]

I'm sorry haha, nice shirt!

#14422 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

What does that tie to?

wish I hadn't watched that, now I want to buy one...

#14423 4 years ago
Quoted from luckymoey:

You can’t really touch up powdercoat. JJP sells replacement rails at a very reasonable price. They may even have them listed on their website store. Hopefully they’re not out of stock for Pirates.

Yup...assuming I didn’t grab the last ones, I actually just bought new POTC side rails for another project and they were in stock. I think they were like $30 for the pair, but I think you could just get one. Much better than trying to touch it up IMO.

#14424 4 years ago

i really like the game and thanks for the help of few of the guys here and in jjp i finally made it work perfect and i decide to do few projects to this great game!
i made a full replacement for the top of the left ship with very details and nice led effects and i really like it! (also Eric loves it )

here is the thread for more info:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-potc-new-very-detailed-hms-endeavour-ship-top-#post-5517609

limited for 75 pieces only

i will post video and photos with the leds very soon
p3 (resized).jpgp3 (resized).jpg 1 (resized).jpg1 (resized).jpg

here you can see more photos:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-potc-new-very-detailed-hms-endeavour-ship-top-#post-5517609

thank you guys for all of the help and support

#14425 4 years ago
Quoted from liorillusion:

i really like the game and thanks for the help of few of the guys here and in jjp i finally made it work perfect and i decide to do few projects to this great game!
i made a full replacement for the top of the left ship with very details and nice led effects and i really like it! (also Eric loves it )
[quoted image] [quoted image]

Very nice job! Me being an artist I am very envious of this. I would love to be able to use my skill to make mods

#14426 4 years ago
Quoted from liorillusion:

[quoted image] [quoted image]

That looks Amazing, Great work!!!

#14427 4 years ago

I have a few rum barrels left if anyone is interested an you get a fun keychain
2142259F-952B-454E-A678-BAE7668BDEFF (resized).jpeg2142259F-952B-454E-A678-BAE7668BDEFF (resized).jpeg

54CBA4E0-CEF5-44E1-8B5E-5208307AE1D6 (resized).jpeg54CBA4E0-CEF5-44E1-8B5E-5208307AE1D6 (resized).jpeg

#14428 4 years ago

CE 172 made it back home to Oregon from Hungary. Looks great. I don’t know if it actually works as my 220 to 110 conversion kit isn’t here, but it looks amazing...
DA9BC9CC-FDE4-4AEE-B6EE-A219010414BC (resized).jpegDA9BC9CC-FDE4-4AEE-B6EE-A219010414BC (resized).jpegEE263CB7-3B97-4024-8F15-C878D6D5FF33 (resized).jpegEE263CB7-3B97-4024-8F15-C878D6D5FF33 (resized).jpeg3AA56631-5FF7-41D1-B124-D29E9D8586A6 (resized).jpeg3AA56631-5FF7-41D1-B124-D29E9D8586A6 (resized).jpeg31057472-3CA0-41E6-A6EE-8EAFCA9933C3 (resized).jpeg31057472-3CA0-41E6-A6EE-8EAFCA9933C3 (resized).jpeg

8027CAD4-0270-409C-BEB8-147F6B46D105 (resized).jpeg8027CAD4-0270-409C-BEB8-147F6B46D105 (resized).jpeg
#14429 4 years ago

It might happen, want to join??
Anyhow I cheated as I bought mine off EBay. Check out Tommy Bahama pirate and you will fine the shirt. Good luck.

Jesus...those are pricy. Expensive self mod!

#14430 4 years ago
Quoted from dts:

CE 172 made it back home to Oregon from Hungary. Looks great. I don’t know if it actually works as my 220 to 110 conversion kit isn’t here, but it looks amazing...
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Looks brand spanking new! Congratulations. Looks like Ramen noodles for dinner for the next few months

#14431 4 years ago

Looks brand spanking new! Congratulations. Looks like Ramen noodles for dinner for the next few months

Or the rest of my life...

#14432 4 years ago
Quoted from dts:

Or the rest of my life...

Did you get the figurine from the Pinball mod co?

#14433 4 years ago

Did you get the figurine from the Pinball mod co?

I found it for $60 shipped on Mercari from a mom down in California. The plastic packaging was brown from UV but the figure is fine. Incredible detail, I hate to cut it in half to replace the pirate!

F8D69F24-BC11-4E9E-8BC1-71BAD741EE31 (resized).jpegF8D69F24-BC11-4E9E-8BC1-71BAD741EE31 (resized).jpeg
#14434 4 years ago
Quoted from dts:

I found it for $60 shipped on Mercari from a mom down in California. The plastic packaging was brown from UV but the figure is fine. Incredible detail, I hate to cut it in half to replace the pirate![quoted image]

That’s pretty sweeet! I’d like one

#14435 4 years ago

That’s pretty sweeet! I’d like one

Just need to keep an eye on Ebay. As you don't need the box or any of the accessories they do pop up reasonably priced. I got mine for $45 just kept an eye on listings. You can also by New in pretty box but they are about $100. I would hold out for a used one personally. Good luck it does look Great. I did a write up in this thread on how to make this setup. Need to find "Pirates or the Caribbean Series 1 NECA"

ebay.com link: Neca Pirates of the Caribbean Dead Man Chest Series 1 Davy Jones

#14436 4 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Just need to keep an eye on Ebay. As you don't need the box or any of the accessories they do pop up reasonably priced. I got mine for $45 just kept an eye on listings. You can also by New in pretty box but they are about $100. I would hold out for a used one personally. Good luck it does look Great. I did a write up in this thread on how to make this setup. Need to find "Pirates or the Caribbean Series 1 NECA"
ebay.com link » Neca Pirates Of The Caribbean Dead Man Chest Series 1 Davy Jones

Thanks for the information!

#14437 4 years ago
Quoted from dts:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Congrats! Best interactive topper ever. Now I wish I went for a CE when I had the chance lol.

#14438 4 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Congrats! Best interactive topper ever. Now I wish I went for a CE when I had the chance lol.

By far the best topper JJP has ever developed, but not sure its better than CGC's AFMRLE

#14439 4 years ago

Figured I’d mention, looking to trade my AFMr LE plus cash for a JJPOTC LE if anyone is interested. :p

#14440 4 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

Figured I’d mention, looking to trade my AFMr LE plus cash for a JJPOTC LE if anyone is interested. :p

I thought you had a POTC for some reason

#14441 4 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

I know someone willing to trade an almost New Stranger Things LE if your interested! lol Just kidding. But your game does play nice. I knew you would be back to Pirates eventually....

#14442 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I thought you had a POTC for some reason

Sold it last summer. Regret it.

Quoted from Yelobird:

I know someone willing to trade an almost New Stranger Things LE if your interested! lol Just kidding. But your game does play nice. I knew you would be back to Pirates eventually....

Hah. And yea I knew I would eventually too. We miss it.

#14443 4 years ago

Hoping for a code update now more then ever with being home far more often due to the current situation lol.

#14444 4 years ago

Very weird...

Didn't see anyone mention this anywhere yet.

Kaneda, on his last podcast regarding TPF being cancelled, at 47:00 in, he very normally drops a mention of a big update with assets coming for POTC.

No hype, no speculation, just states it normally. In fact he does to illuminate why Wonka wouldn't as well? If course he wonders if this means more incoming games being made for Pirates.

#14445 4 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

Very weird...
Kaneda, on his last podcast regarding TPF being cancelled, at 47:00 in, he very normally drops a mention of a big update with assets coming for POTC.
No hype, no speculation, just states it normally. In fact he does to illuminate why Wonka wouldn't as well? If course he wonders if this means more incoming games being made for Pirates.

Yeah code!!!! Still hearing that Pirates is done.

Kaneda is criticizing JJP for working on Pirates code since it's done and says they should be working on Wonka code instead. He doesn't understand that Pirates code is not complete and that the owners that paid $8500 - $12,500 deserve to have the code completed and polished at the same level as JJP's past games.

Stern did this with Ghostbusters code even though that game was done and I'm glad to see JJP following through with Pirates code as its actions like these that bring back customers. JJP properly completing Hobbit code (and then some, amazing code) helped sway me to buy Pirates.

Sounds like it will be a huge update! Can't wait

#14446 4 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

Very weird...

I heard the same about assets and was surprised. Not sure if that's really happening

#14447 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

I heard the same about assets and was surprised. Not sure if that's really happening

Do you think they magically made a deal for more asset use (spending more money) on a dead game? I don't.

#14448 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Do you think they magically made a deal for more asset use (spending more money) on a dead game? I don't.

I wouldn't, but if they want to sell say...another 500 games?

Thing is, Kaneda didn't state, and most likely doesn't know either way, what type of assets they might be. Would they most likely be more non actor based snippets?

I kinda figured we'd see one way or another at TPF, but now...... Unless these companies start making fully produced and edited game debut videos, I have no idea how things will be presented henceforth.

#14449 4 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

I wouldn't, but if they want to sell say...another 500 games?
Thing is, Kaneda didn't state, and most likely doesn't know either way, what type of assets they might be. Would they most likely be more non actor based snippets?
I kinda figured we'd see one way or another at TPF, but now...... Unless these companies start making fully produced and edited game debut videos, I have no idea how things will be presented henceforth.

Could the "assets" be wireless dongle for new code? I bet the hardware will be common for all JJP.

#14450 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

No - I would be very surprised. Updated code yes, not updated assets but would love to be wrong!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 24.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 28.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Wanted
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Vernon, BC
$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 99.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 20.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 24.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 19.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 18,875 posts in this topic. You are on page 289 of 378.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-pirates-of-the-caribbean-official-owners-and-fan-club/page/289?hl=apinballwiz and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.