(Topic ID: 200141)

JJP Pirates of the Caribbean Official Owners and Fan Club!

By goren1818

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 18,869 posts
  • 633 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 24 minutes ago by Oneangrymo
  • Topic is favorited by 284 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
20240330_165232 (resized).jpg
POTC_Mods_annotated (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2024-03-29 at 12.02.54 PM (resized).png
17117301082711484468150429261795 (resized).jpg
20240329_160033 (resized).jpg
431321214_1110342276953195_8816628931148154685_n (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223442061 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223435586 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240204_044856660.MP (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240203-170723 (resized).png
PXL_20240128_214506994 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240128_224833483.MP (resized).jpg
IMG_0980 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0982 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0981 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

20 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,869 posts in this topic. You are on page 288 of 378.
#14351 4 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

ModFather does make one specifically for POTC with small barnacle accents. Not sure if you seen that one. I got one and it fits the theme perfectly. Has a matching pingulp also. Love his original stuff.

Those would work/match better with the CE, but those looked good too. He does good original work.

#14352 4 years ago

Little late to the game on this but just really seeing the chest mod in action for the first time (as it was installed on the potc on recently got) and it's prob one of my favorite mods for a game ever.

It literally transforms how much fun and exciting that chest lock shot is. Totally revamps it bc the game already has the sounds of it opening and closing and there is something so visually appealing seeing it closed then open then close. Simple but so damn effective. Highly recommended

#14353 4 years ago

#14354 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Little late to the game on this but just really seeing the chest mod in action for the first time (as it was installed on the potc on recently got) and it's prob one of my favorite mods for a game ever.
It literally transforms how much fun and exciting that chest lock shot is. Totally revamps it bc the game already has the sounds of it opening and closing and there is something so visually appealing seeing it closed then open then close. Simple but so damn effective. Highly recommended

I'm not a big mod guy, but this one is a must in my opinion. As soon as they went on sale I bought one. Worth every penny.

#14355 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

welcome to the party!

#14356 4 years ago

I wanted to note that I changed from Titan flipper rubber and sling rubbers to superbands (marco) and it makes a huge difference. Before the slings sort of flailed the ball around, I'd almost say they could be characterized as bouncy and same with the flippers. I could not trap a ball very easily, lots of bounces. Since I had them sitting around I swapped the superbands in and it made a huge difference. I was pretty sure the slings were 2.5" and that's what I put on and they are much much less stretchy than the titans. I might even try a larger size. I had to make my switches more sensitive as they are so tight they would not trigger.

I'm a huge titan fan but I think in this case maybe they are too soft.

#14357 4 years ago
Quoted from harryhoudini:

I wanted to note that I changed from Titan flipper rubber and sling rubbers to superbands (marco) and it makes a huge difference. Before the slings sort of flailed the ball around, I'd almost say they could be characterized as bouncy and same with the flippers. I could not trap a ball very easily, lots of bounces. Since I had them sitting around I swapped the superbands in and it made a huge difference. I was pretty sure the slings were 2.5" and that's what I put on and they are much much less stretchy than the titans. I might even try a larger size. I had to make my switches more sensitive as they are so tight they would not trigger.
I'm a huge titan fan but I think in this case maybe they are too soft.

I put superbands on my JPPrem and really like them. Thanks for the input on superbands on POTC

#14358 4 years ago
Quoted from Green-Machine:

I put superbands on my JPPrem and really like them. Thanks for the input on superbands on POTC

I didn't realize they would make so much difference. I've only really put titans on my machines.

#14360 4 years ago
Quoted from Vitty:

Anyone in need of a Pirates CE backglass? I just had mine replaced under warranty for a bit of spot flaking in a small area of the black border that surrounds the monitor. If someone is good at repairing, it is otherwise perfect. Figured I'd mention it in case someone was looking.
Nic

May i ask who you contacted to get it replaced. Mine had a spot the size of quarter rubbed off when i opened the box. I submitted a ticket got a couple emails but then Heard nothing back.

#14361 4 years ago

I bet JJP is waiting to announce / release the code at TPF at this point. JJP has been pretty quiet in regards to big code releases over the past 6 months. They have incredibly talented staff with Keith, Ted, and Joe on the programming team. Perhaps all or most of them are working on GNR code at the moment?

#14362 4 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I bet JJP is waiting to announce / release the code at TPF at this point. JJP has been pretty quiet in regards to big code releases over the past 6 months. They have incredibly talented staff with Keith, Ted, and Joe on the programming team. Perhaps all or most of them are working on GNR code at the moment?

Another month.. I hope you’re right!

#14363 4 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Another month.. I hope you’re right!

I hope he's wrong I think it would be good to get it sooner. If it doesn't come out for another month I'm guessing it would probably mean they're more tied up on whatever the next machine is and POTC code priority would again be pushed to the side.

Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I'd think the only way it would make sense for them to be waiting on a new POTC code announcement for TPF would be if they're also announcing additional production of the machine. If that's not happening then just announcing new code for an old title wouldn't seem to be worthy of the excitement a company's announcements should be trying to create at a big pinball show, so why wait until then? I'd think waiting to just announce updated POTC code at TPF would make the company look like it doesn't have much else to talk about. Either way though, it would be good to finally get it at some point in the near future.

#14364 4 years ago
Quoted from harryhoudini:

I didn't realize they would make so much difference. I've only really put titans on my machines.

I feel more control with the superbands than with the Titans.

#14365 4 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I wouldn’t hold my breath. I see there being an update but it having nothing to do with what we are waiting for. Update will be something along the lines of we can now wirelessly do updates $50 bucks plz. And Bluetooth audio $50 bucks plz. I would be surprised if anything about the final wizard mode or character changes are there.

#14366 4 years ago
Quoted from GnarLee:

I wouldn’t hold my breath. I see there being an update but it having nothing to do with what we are waiting for. Update will be something along the lines of we can now wirelessly do updates $50 bucks plz. And Bluetooth audio $50 bucks plz. I would be surprised if anything about the final wizard mode or character changes are there.

The wifi code that was beta tested did include the character changeS and some other stuff. Not sure about the wizard mode.

#14367 4 years ago
Quoted from Green-Machine:

I feel more control with the superbands than with the Titans.

Yeah, likewise.

#14368 4 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

The wifi code that was beta tested did include the character changes and some other stuff. Not sure about the wizard mode.

Beta test did not include the final wizard mode. Keith did tell us that they are/were working on even more character tweaks to make some more of the less popular characters attractive to use in some ways to help balance things out.

Quoted from GnarLee:

Update will be something along the lines of we can now wirelessly do updates $50 bucks plz. And Bluetooth audio $50 bucks plz.

There's no JJP charges with the wifi updates. It will eventually be activated with a code update for everyone. You could buy the WIFI dongle maybe from them or one of select ones that are on the market (like from Amazon) for real cheap. Guessing that JJP wont sell the wifi dongle and it will be up to you to acquire one (nothing has been stated yet). This wont even be required ($0) if it's logistically feasible to connect up to your game to an ethernet cable connected to your network (this is faster and easier anyway). Bluetooth will probably be the same kind of thing. But … just a heads up … some of these dongles do not play well with the Linux OS that they are using so don't go out and buy them until JJP sends out the updates with instructions and likely a list of known brands/models/part numbers that are known to be compatible. Updates are getting harder to do - especially doing full update iso's using Macs. Beta testers are going to be testing doing full iso updates via wifi and wired networks (ethernet) soon.

Streaming screens? High score tracking on the internet? Log file submission to support for trouble-shooting? Screen mirroring to another monitor in your house? Who knows. They have already thought of more ideas than we can come up with, but it's likely a ways off - spare time from game coding kind of thing. Not hyping it, more downplaying it that this direction with that utility is likely low priority.

#14369 4 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

Beta test did not include the final wizard mode. Keith did tell us that they are/were working on even more character tweaks to make some more of the less popular characters attractive to use in some ways to help balance things out.

There's no JJP charges with the wifi updates. It will eventually be activated with a code update for everyone. You could buy the WIFI dongle maybe from them or one of select ones that are on the market (like from Amazon) for real cheap. Guessing that JJP wont sell the wifi dongle and it will be up to you to acquire one (nothing has been stated yet). This wont even be required ($0) if it's logistically feasible to connect up to your game to an ethernet cable connected to your network (this is faster and easier anyway). Bluetooth will probably be the same kind of thing. But … just a heads up … some of these dongles do not play well with the Linux OS that they are using so don't go out and buy them until JJP sends out the updates with instructions and likely a list of known brands/models/part numbers that are known to be compatible. Updates are getting harder to do - especially doing full update iso's using Macs. Beta testers are going to be testing doing full iso updates via wifi and wired networks (ethernet) soon.
Streaming screens? High score tracking on the internet? Log file submission to support for trouble-shooting? Screen mirroring to another monitor in your house? Who knows. They have already thought of more ideas than we can come up with, but it's likely a ways off - spare time from game coding kind of thing. Not hyping it, more downplaying it that this direction with that utility is likely low priority.

Thanks for sharing some details, much appreciated!

#14370 4 years ago

I'm quickly losing faith in JJP as so many others have.

I reached out to Shannan for another update on my replacement rail since I had not heard anything since January. I'm so impatient right? I get a returned e-mail that she is no longer with the company and another member will reach out to me. Yea, I'm sure.

I spent $13k for a toy and I can't get a simple replacement part. Absolutely ridiculous! My next $13k will be going to improve my already impressive media room... not another JJP machine.

That is all...

#14371 4 years ago
Quoted from joseph5185:

I reached out to Shannan for another update on my replacement rail since I had not heard anything since January. I'm so impatient right? I get a returned e-mail that she is no longer with the company and another member will reach out to me. Yea, I'm sure.
I spent $13k for a toy and I can't get a simple replacement part. Absolutely ridiculous! My next $13k will be going to improve my already impressive media room... not another JJP machine.
That is all...

Took me almost 2 months to get some replacement stuff that was scratched during production. You'll get your part, just calm down. JJP has a lot going on right now and they aren't this mega corporation like Stern.

Jeff

#14372 4 years ago
Quoted from joseph5185:

another member will reach out to me.

Call tech support. Steve, Jim, or Barry. With the move, things are probably delayed right now.

LTG : )

#14373 4 years ago
Quoted from joseph5185:

That is all...

I have two backordered parts Shannan was taking care of for me and got the same message when I checked status. No message from another member yet.

#14374 4 years ago

Ive had a scratched backglass since i opened the box 10 month ago. After Numerous emails. Some with Steve. I get no response. I tried calling left a message once. No returned call.

I got 2-3 emails saying they will look into it and nothing still. Just sent another email a week ago with steve asking for an update and still no response.

Just my experience.

#14375 4 years ago
Quoted from joseph5185:

That is all...

Quoted from zaphX:

I have two backordered parts Shannan was taking care of for me and got the same message when I checked status. No message from another member yet.

Welp, the casualties are adding up.....

Now Shannan even. She was always fantastic.

I wonder if this is why Frank left in Fall, if he knew this was occurring, had other opportunities.

#14376 4 years ago

This is why a distributor is a great ally Working with joe PinballSTAR they always respond quickly. Very much appreciated.

#14377 4 years ago
Quoted from jeffro01:

Took me almost 2 months to get some replacement stuff that was scratched during production. You'll get your part, just calm down. JJP has a lot going on right now and they aren't this mega corporation like Stern.
Jeff

Calm down? The guy has just spent 13k with a company that want to be up there with the best, I have all but one of there machines in my collection. There’s no denying that there product is good,
but there aftersales/customer services needs some attention.

#14378 4 years ago

I did actually hear back from Marcy:

"Hi, unfortunately we still do not have any update on this item."

It is unfortunate...

#14379 4 years ago
Quoted from Vitty:

This is why a distributor is a great ally Working with joe pinballstar they always respond quickly. Very much appreciated.

My distributor told me to submit a ticket with JJP> lol

#14380 4 years ago
Quoted from Vitty:

This is why a distributor is a great ally Working with joe pinballstar they always respond quickly. Very much appreciated.

Excellent point.

#14381 4 years ago
Quoted from Vitty:

This is why a distributor is a great ally

Quoted from bgwilly31:

My distributor told me to submit a ticket with JJP

Not just a distributor. A great one. Who is there after the sale.

#14382 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Have to agree thats the Key. Many post "My distributor was very helpful" or "My distributor told me to call someone else". It would be very helpful to actually Name said distributors good or bad as they are Not all created equal! Many Really step up Far beyond the call of duty in so many ways but are often lumped in with the bunch assuming they are all equal. Not often the case. They really do deserve the repeat and referral business as earned or in some cases not earned.

#14383 4 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Have to agree thats the Key. Many post "My distributor was very helpful" or "My distributor told me to call someone else". It would be very helpful to actually Name said distributors good or bad as they are Not all created equal! Many Really step up Far beyond the call of duty in so many ways but are often lumped in with the bunch assuming they are all equal. Not often the case. They really do deserve the repeat and referral business as earned or in some cases not earned.

Automated Services/Pinball And games. I only bought from them because they had the last potc CE on US soil NIB. Purchasing experience was fine. But yeah nothing after.

#14384 4 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Absolutely agree. I've even been told "such and such distributor is great!" and then when I tried to do business with them, they aren't responsive, and I end up going with someone else. The really good ones deserve repeat business. Joe Newhart (pinballSTAR) is one that I think should be commended in particular for all he does for the local shows around here.

#14385 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

I would highly recommend Gary from Abel Electronics to anyone. I've purchased 2/4 of my JJP pins (my latest two, DI + Pirates) from Gary and have had a great experience. Will be buying from him again.

#14386 4 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I would highly recommend Gary from Abel Electronics to anyone. I've purchased 2/4 of my JJP pins (my latest two, DI + Pirates) from Gary and have had a great experience. Will be buying from him again.

I 2nd the motion...Gary @ Abel is Phenomenal

#14387 4 years ago
Quoted from 3pinballs:

I 2nd the motion...Gary @ Abel is Phenomenal

That's a 3rd for me, Gary has taken great care of me every time. Smooth easy transactions.

#14388 4 years ago

Fourth for Gary. Class act.

#14389 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

That's a 3rd for me, Gary has taken great care of me every time. Smooth easy transactions.

This to me is one of the Primary values of Pinside. Feedback pro or against a dealer from multiple users Helps others make valued buying decisions! One opinion is a topic but when Multiple people stand forward to refer great service most times that distributor stands out. Awesome.

#14390 4 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

This to me is one of the Primary values of Pinside. Feedback pro or against a dealer from multiple users Helps others make valued buying decisions! One opinion is a topic but when Multiple people stand forward to refer great service most times that distributor stands out. Awesome.

Agreed. This was an eye opener.
I'll chime in and say that Brooke with The Pinball Company was instrumental in assisting me with the playfield replacement for my POTC. Good folks there.
Murph

#14391 4 years ago
Quoted from joseph5185:

I get a returned e-mail that she is no longer with the company and another member will reach out to me.

FUCK.

That's not good. She was, by far, the most responsive person at JJP that I have dealt with.

Hey, @LTG.. doesn't it get tiring of having to reply to people who don't get a response from JJP? I mean, I see you doing it at least weekly if not more. Does JJP know they have a reputation as a company that doesn't get back to people?

I guess it goes back to the whole "unique industry" situation. You can't get the parts JJP sales from anyone else. As long as people clamor for the next game there is little motivation to change.

#14392 4 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

Welp, the casualties are adding up.....
Now Shannan even. She was always fantastic.
I wonder if this is why Frank left in Fall, if he knew this was occurring, had other opportunities.

Sounds logical and sensible to me. Huge losses.

#14393 4 years ago

Why should going through a distributor matter for getting tech service or parts support. I understand the distributors role in warranty claims, but basic, ongoing support is a different story. Just reinforces that leadership is no longer customer focused, they are seriously under resourced (under major budget pressures), and dealing with problems to minimize business impacts, i.e. playing favorites.

#14394 4 years ago
Quoted from luckymoey:

Just reinforces that leadership is no longer customer focused,

Must be why they hired two more guys this year. Jim, and now Barry.

Quoted from luckymoey:

Why should going through a distributor matter for getting tech service or parts support.

A distributor helping you, may know what you need, what kind of help and even assist you in fixing it. And if needing parts the distributor may have it, or know who to call to cut to the chase.

A good distributor will bend over backwards so you get the most out of your game. And save you time in the back and forths of getting things done. He'll do it.

#14395 4 years ago
Quoted from luckymoey:

Why should going through a distributor matter for getting tech service or parts support. I understand the distributors role in warranty claims, but basic, ongoing support is a different story. Just reinforces that leadership is no longer customer focused, they are seriously under resourced (under major budget pressures), and dealing with problems to minimize business impacts, i.e. playing favorites.

If a company is going to sell a product to the public and not just through a distributor they should provide the same kinds and level of service. Either push them all through distributors or offer better service, IMHO.

#14396 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Must be why they hired two more guys this year. Jim, and now Barry.

A distributor helping you, may know what you need, what kind of help and even assist you in fixing it. And if needing parts the distributor may have it, or know who to call to cut to the chase.
A good distributor will bend over backwards so you get the most out of your game. And save you time in the back and forths of getting things done. He'll do it.

Lloyd, I’m not questioning the value of distributors overall, just that you shouldn’t have to leverage them to get decent general tech and parts support from JJP.

There have been numerous, ongoing complaints about parts and tech service support in this and other posts for some time - including many about not even getting a response after multiple attempts. I personally gave up on two separate issues after many calls and failure of JJP to follow-up as promised. And all of my interactions were courteous and professional. They are obviously resolving many issues but that doesn’t offset the negative experiences. I hope they are making the necessary changes, but haven’t seen any real indications yet.

#14397 4 years ago
Quoted from luckymoey:

I’m not questioning the value of distributors overall, just that you shouldn’t have to leverage them

I'm not saying to leverage them.

Just call them first. A good distributor will help you.

Ask Chris or Zach. See what they say.

#14398 4 years ago
Quoted from bgwilly31:

Automated Services/Pinball And games. I only bought from them because they had the last potc CE on US soil NIB. Purchasing experience was fine. But yeah nothing after.

I got the same response from Mike at automated with my hobbit issues. Just said to contact jjp. I bought a woz and hobbit from automated but won’t buy anymore from them. He told me my hobbit had all factory fixes and it did not. I verified a couple times and when it arrived it didn’t and then told me to contact jjp for the kit. Was not happy.

#14399 4 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

I got the same response from Mike at automated with my hobbit issues. Just said to contact jjp. I bought a woz and hobbit from automated but won’t buy anymore from them. He told me my hobbit had all factory fixes and it did not. I verified a couple times and when it arrived it didn’t and then told me to contact jjp for the kit. Was not happy.

When my NIB POTC Playfield issues arose, I sent an e-mail to my distributor, Brooke at The Pinball Company. Who promptly (like an hour later) shot JJP an e-mail about the issue and copied me in on it. JJP replied "all" and confirmed after seeing the pics they would replace it - which they did. Brooke followed up with me a few times to check on everything. Can't say enough good things about TPC.

#14400 4 years ago

I was also told to contact JJP myself. I never received a response back.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 35.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 100.00
Electronics
Led Pinball

Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 24.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 20.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

29,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Frisco, TX
$ 39.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 19.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Vernon, BC
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Wanted
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

There are 18,869 posts in this topic. You are on page 288 of 378.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-pirates-of-the-caribbean-official-owners-and-fan-club/page/288?hl=apinballwiz and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.