(Topic ID: 200141)

JJP Pirates of the Caribbean Official Owners and Fan Club!

By goren1818

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 18,885 posts
  • 633 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by Buzzie
  • Topic is favorited by 284 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pirates2 (resized).jpg
IMG_2296 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2297 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2298 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2299 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2301 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2300 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
20240330_165232 (resized).jpg
POTC_Mods_annotated (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2024-03-29 at 12.02.54 PM (resized).png
17117301082711484468150429261795 (resized).jpg
20240329_160033 (resized).jpg
431321214_1110342276953195_8816628931148154685_n (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223442061 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223435586 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

20 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,885 posts in this topic. You are on page 284 of 378.
#14151 4 years ago
Quoted from jrawlinson_2000:

Does anyone have an idea when the new Pirates code will come out of beta testing?
Just dying to try it, as not doubt all you salty sea dogs are.

Last week Keith was saying that they are working on changing even more character traits to balance things out. The beta testers have only seen "some" of the coming changes they are working on / tweaking. It's a good thing to hear that they are working on more changes/polish.

#14152 4 years ago

We will be lucky if we see it at tpf

#14153 4 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

Last week Keith was saying that they are working on changing even more character traits to balance things out. The beta testers have only seen "some" of the coming changes they are working on / tweaking. It's a good thing to hear that they are working on more changes/polish.

Arrrgh Keith stop updating things, it’s slowing down the release ! Lol

#14154 4 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

That and while the result is awesome for pinball use the parts are like virtually printing in glass. Resin parts have No mercy for manipulation or a ball strike. We have printed many but you really can’t put them anywhere a ball could fly to.

That's really not right. Resin is much stronger from poor pla. Its depends on the resin you use and the quality. And if you are talking about sla 3d printing just get better quality printer and better quality resin there is resin for hard core stuff and you also need to design it better. But resin is much stronger from cheap 3d printing pla and what he did looks much better also resin have better life time from pla.
I made tons of parts not only for pinball in resin if its mold or if its 3d printing. The resin im using its around 195$ for 900ml and the printer is around 25$k and the results is awesome. 90% of the figures you see in disney parks made from resin or fiberglass but today they are using resin 3d printing

And about fdm 3d printing like pla. You have 300$ printers that's giving shity results with tons of lines and there is 20k$ printers that's gives awesome results. Its also depends on your experience and quality of the material

Sorry for my poor english

#14155 4 years ago
Quoted from liorillusion:

That's really not right. Resin is much stronger from poor pla. Its depends on the resin you use and the quality. And if you are talking about sla 3d printing just get better quality printer and better quality resin there is resin for hard core stuff and you also need to design it better. But resin is much stronger from cheap 3d printing pla and what he did looks much better also resin have better life time from pla.
I made tons of parts not only for pinball in resin if its mold or if its 3d printing. The resin im using its around 195$ for 900ml and the printer is around 25$k and the results is awesome. 90% of the figures you see in disney parks made from resin or fiberglass but today they are using resin 3d printing
And about fdm 3d printing like pla. You have 300$ printers that's giving shity results with tons of lines and there is 20k$ printers that's gives awesome results. Its also depends on your experience and quality of the material
Sorry for my poor english

All understood not saying there aren't options out there but they do depend on the market. All of our printers cost over 6k each and have the ability to print at or below .05 layer height but I like most won't pay $300 for an add on mod because it took 8 hours to print. I also have an EOS metal machine that cost 950k but the parts it makes would cost more then a pinball machine in most cases. There are many tools to perform a task, some just don't make sense for the application. ABS is the correct way to print over PLA no question.

#14156 4 years ago

Make a heart-mod by myself... is nice to see

#14157 4 years ago

Now that I've been playing my game a bit more I have some thoughts and questions.

1. A STDM ball save really is needed. I'm going to do some mechanical changes like others have done but it's lame when you drain from the chapter select or tortuga hole. On that note, why are VUKs never consistent? The tortuga seems to change from ball to ball. I've heard "after they warm up" and such before, but that coil is used once every so often, it should be pretty much the same condition each time I would think. Flippers are consistent, right? Which flipper do you have it hit when ejecting (I can't remember, I've asked before)?

2. It would be awesome to have a different sound for each state of a lock target hit on the chest. Hitting a blinking arrow versus hitting a solid arrow versus hitting an unlit arrow. Not a lot of satisfaction of hitting the right shot and getting the same sound as the wrong shot.

3. Is there some code that prevents you from hitting both chest targets too quickly? I'll have a ball ricochet from target to target (yeah, I miss a lot guys) and i'll get two sounds for the unlock target but only the first one will trigger.

4. Did I do something or screw up my "skill shot angle"? I used to be able to make skill shots no problem, even with a few loops. I can't hit the map shot for anything but mostly on ball launch. I can easily hit the inner loop, which obviously is easier but I am wondering if my flipper power needs to change or maybe the cliffy is interfering.

#14158 4 years ago
Quoted from harryhoudini:

Now that I've been playing my game a bit more I have some thoughts and questions.
1. A STDM ball save really is needed. I'm going to do some mechanical changes like others have done but it's lame when you drain from the chapter select or tortuga hole. On that note, why are VUKs never consistent? The tortuga seems to change from ball to ball. I've heard "after they warm up" and such before, but that coil is used once every so often, it should be pretty much the same condition each time I would think. Flippers are consistent, right? Which flipper do you have it hit when ejecting (I can't remember, I've asked before)?
2. It would be awesome to have a different sound for each state of a lock target hit on the chest. Hitting a blinking arrow versus hitting a solid arrow versus hitting an unlit arrow. Not a lot of satisfaction of hitting the right shot and getting the same sound as the wrong shot.
3. Is there some code that prevents you from hitting both chest targets too quickly? I'll have a ball ricochet from target to target (yeah, I miss a lot guys) and i'll get two sounds for the unlock target but only the first one will trigger.
4. Did I do something or screw up my "skill shot angle"? I used to be able to make skill shots no problem, even with a few loops. I can't hit the map shot for anything but mostly on ball launch. I can easily hit the inner loop, which obviously is easier but I am wondering if my flipper power needs to change or maybe the cliffy is interfering.

1) It would be nice to have a 2 second ball save coming out of the star map area. Or adjust the magnet action so it never just pulls the ball straight back and instead always draws it back at an angle (if that's possible). Occasionally when the ball is sitting to the left side of the post it will be drawn straight back by the magnet, bounce flat off the back target, and come straight down the middle. Doesn't happen as much as it did before I put the post sleeve on, but still more often than I'd like. I had the same problems with Tortuga being completely inconsistent, but got good results getting it rock solid consistent by adding foam to the plunger rest. Here's a link: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-pirates-of-the-caribbean-official-owners-and-fan-club/page/273#post-5406195

3) I'm 99.9% sure I've had shots deflect off both chest targets and both targets registered, so one shot ended up enabling ball lock.

4) Is your deflector parallel with the back edge of the map hole? When I first put my cliffy in I couldn't get my deflector to stay tight because the metal deflector slipped on the metal cliffy and would angle slightly. That resulted in most shots hitting the deflector not going in when they should have because they were bouncing out to the right. I had to add rubber washers between the cliffy and the deflector to get the deflector to hold its position. Now the deflector stays parallel to the back edge of the map hole and shots off the deflector are going in again when they should.

#14159 4 years ago

You can deflect off 1 chest shot to the other and both register. The reason why it sometimes does and other times doesn’t is the momentum of the ball is hitting 2nd target from side so requires a bit more force for it to register

#14160 4 years ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

1) It would be nice to have a 2 second ball save coming out of the star map area. Or adjust the magnet action so it never just pulls the ball straight back and instead always draws it back at an angle (if that's possible). Occasionally when the ball is sitting to the left side of the post it will be drawn straight back by the magnet, bounce flat off the back target, and come straight down the middle. Doesn't happen as much as it did before I put the post sleeve on, but still more often than I'd like. I had the same problems with Tortuga being completely inconsistent, but got good results getting it rock solid consistent by adding foam to the plunger rest. Here's a link: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-pirates-of-the-caribbean-official-owners-and-fan-club/page/273#post-5406195
3) I'm 99.9% sure I've had shots deflect off both chest targets and both targets registered, so one shot ended up enabling ball lock.
4) Is your deflector parallel with the back edge of the map hole? When I first put my cliffy in I couldn't get my deflector to stay tight because the metal deflector slipped on the metal cliffy and would angle slightly. That resulted in most shots hitting the deflector not going in when they should have because they were bouncing out to the right. I had to add rubber washers between the cliffy and the deflector to get the deflector to hold its position. Now the deflector stays parallel to the back edge of the map hole and shots off the deflector are going in again when they should.

As always great post. I'll check out all of those items.

#14161 4 years ago
Quoted from GnarLee:

You can deflect off 1 chest shot to the other and both register. The reason why it sometimes does and other times doesn’t is the momentum of the ball is hitting 2nd target from side so requires a bit more force for it to register

But I'm pretty sure I hear two sounds, so it would seem like it is hitting both. I just got my gopro working so I'll record a bit and play back in slow mo to confirm. That's why we need different sounds!

#14162 4 years ago

After aiming and tightening my tortuga vuk with loc-tite it still sends a ball SDTM quite often instead of to the left flipper. I happened to be working on the machine tonight (tightening one of the Pearl flippers which came loose) and saw EaglePin post above regarding the addition of foam on the plunger rest. I added this to mine and over the first several games and dozen or so times i landed in the tortuga it has been rock solid now every time to the left flipper like clockwork. I’ll keep an eye on it and report back over time. Seeming like a great tip though so far. Much appreciated!

#14163 4 years ago
Quoted from Vitty:

After aiming and tightening my tortuga vuk with loc-tite it still sends a ball SDTM quite often instead of to the left flipper. I happened to be working on the machine tonight (tightening one of the Pearl flippers which came loose) and saw eaglepin post above regarding the addition of foam on the plunger rest. I added this to mine and over the first several games and dozen or so times i landed in the tortuga it has been rock solid now every time to the left flipper like clockwork. I’ll keep an eye on it and report back over time. Seeming like a great tip though so far. Much appreciated!

Oh awesome to hear. I'm gonna take off the glass to do this and put something on the chapter select post to prevent those STDM and figure out what is wrong with my map hole.

I finally got the annoying audio cutting in and out fixed thanks to an owner on Facebook so I've been playing much more lately and that was annoying as hell.

#14164 4 years ago

Oh awesome to hear. I'm gonna take off the glass to do this and put something on the chapter select post to prevent those STDM and figure out what is wrong with my map hole.
I finally got the annoying audio cutting in and out fixed thanks to an owner on Facebook so I've been playing much more lately and that was annoying as hell.

I found the map hole guard was misinstalled on my machine - it was leaning to one side because the support bracket was under it instead of on top. Fixing that improved map hole shots a lot.

#14165 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I found the map hole guard was misinstalled on my machine - it was leaning to one side because the support bracket was under it instead of on top. Fixing that improved map hole shots a lot.

I just put on that cliffy and was wondering which way was right. I went with the bracket on top. Glad I did! Whew

#14166 4 years ago
Quoted from paynemic:

I just put on that cliffy and was wondering which way was right. I went with the bracket on top. Glad I did! Whew

Also make sure the scoop guard is pushed back as far as it will go - there's a little bit of play on it, and if you're robbing sinkable map hole area, it's going to affect the shot.

#14167 4 years ago

Is it possible to put something on the chapter select post that retracts?

#14168 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Hum, I could very well have done that. Going to check today.

Quoted from EaglePin:

Is it possible to put something on the chapter select post that retracts?

I don't think so because the fit is very tight. I think others have added more rubbers to the left front post to push the ball over a bit to prevent the STDM direct path.

#14169 4 years ago

Hum, I could very well have done that. Going to check today.

IMG_1756 (resized).jpegIMG_1756 (resized).jpegIMG_1762 (resized).jpegIMG_1762 (resized).jpeg
#14170 4 years ago

the second photo above is how mine came from the factory. Just installed my map Cliffy today.

#14171 4 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

That's good news! The more polish the better. Hopefully we see the update out by TPF if not before.

#14172 4 years ago

Funny looking at all the various pics the game has taken. Anyone else make funny faces? The ones at the end... oh boy

#14173 4 years ago

Anyone else make funny faces?

I try to but I can never time it. My girlfriend does not even try and her pics turn out funny as hell!

#14174 4 years ago
Quoted from JohnnyPinball007:

I try to but I can never time it. My girlfriend does not even try and her pics turn out funny as hell!

It's on the "END" but you can't do too much or it won't detect your face.

But... did you watch the whole video?

#14175 4 years ago

When the ball settles onto the map post (after it's bounced around), I always double-flip which skips the rest of the animation and releases the ball. I find doing this prevents STDM pretty much every time. But no doubt that a ball save should be added.

#14176 4 years ago

harryhoudini and other pinball modders, I think this could be one hell of an amazing Pirates mod but I don't have the programming knowledge to pull it off. If someone can pull this maybe just sell me one of the mods at cost for the idea lol

I think that most of us Pirates owners would like to hear audio clips of the actors from the movies in the game. From what I've read there's no way to add this to existing code or add it using something like Pinball Browser for Stern games. However, maybe there is a way. What if a device running on Raspberry Pie could recognize specific sounds in the game and when heard play back a piece of audio? For example one of the chapters in the game is called "Wedding Day". When that sound is played the mod would detect it and play back a piece of audio from the film for that scene. A timer in the programming could then trigger for say 60 seconds (or time given to complete chapter mode) that recognizes additional sounds such as the individual character collect sounds and then plays back audio for that character from the scene. When the timer ends the mod knows that a specific chapter has ended or is completed.

This concept could even be taken further by using it for multiballs and wizard modes as there are specific callouts for those modes in the game. Really any audio could be played back based on what the mod detects. There's Gibbs callouts for each character when they are selected at game start. The mod could hear the character selected callout and then playback a piece of audio of the character from the films.

One time consuming part of this mod would be recording all the chapter start and character collect sounds. Then audio from the movies would need to be ripped out. There may be a gray area with licensing at that point but worse case individuals could always add the sounds themselves.

Something like this would probably be needed to tie inputs from the game and mod together so that both sources could play on the games factory speakers. Outputting the mod to its own mini speaker or something probably wouldn't sound as well.

https://www.amazon.com/Rolls-4-Channel-Passive-Stereo-Mixer/dp/B00E4X6N7I/ref=sr_1_9

#14177 4 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

harryhoudini and other pinball modders, I think this could be one hell of an amazing Pirates mod but I don't have the programming knowledge to pull it off. If someone can pull this maybe just sell me one of the mods at cost for the idea lol
I think that most of us Pirates owners would like to hear audio clips of the actors from the movies in the game. From what I've read there's no way to add this to existing code or add it using something like Pinball Browser for Stern games. However, maybe there is a way. What if a device running on Raspberry Pie could recognize specific sounds in the game and when heard play back a piece of audio? For example one of the chapters in the game is called "Wedding Day". When that sound is played the mod would detect it and play back a piece of audio from the film for that scene. A timer in the programming could then trigger for say 60 seconds (or time given to complete chapter mode) that recognizes additional sounds such as the individual character collect sounds and then plays back audio for that character from the scene. When the timer ends the mod knows that a specific chapter has ended or is completed.
This concept could even be taken further by using it for multiballs and wizard modes as there are specific callouts for those modes in the game. Really any audio could be played back based on what the mod detects. There's Gibbs callouts for each character when they are selected at game start. The mod could hear the character selected callout and then playback a piece of audio of the character from the films.
One time consuming part of this mod would be recording all the chapter start and character collect sounds. Then audio from the movies would need to be ripped out. There may be a gray area with licensing at that point but worse case individuals could always add the sounds themselves.
Something like this would probably be needed to tie inputs from the game and mod together so that both sources could play on the games factory speakers. Outputting the mod to its own mini speaker or something probably wouldn't sound as well.
amazon.com link »

Great idea! Unfortunately almost impossible due to the unpredictability of the sounds coming out of the game. No software currently exists that can separate music/SFX/speech to separate elements, And process them quickly enough to trigger what you’re suggesting.

An alternative, which is largely in place on WPC machines, is to read the trigger inputs and figure out what is occurring on the game, which simultaneously would play a sound in the way you’re suggesting.

IMO it would be less time consuming and more effective to work on implementing the crack to the encryption dongle, which would let us add additional elements.

#14178 4 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I think that most of us Pirates owners would like to hear audio clips of the actors from the movies in the game. From what I've read there's no way to add this to existing code...

I think maybe my post was a bit too cryptic.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-pirates-of-the-caribbean-official-owners-and-fan-club/page/284#post-5475639

Working on some concepts for stuff like this.

#14179 4 years ago

I’m just throwing this out there, but I wrinkled my cabinet decal on the right side of the head. I want to get a new one but i hate have four others wasted. Does anyone need any of the others so maybe I can split the cost with someone? It’s only $99 plus shipping for the whole set, so I’ll probably just pull the trigger.

#14180 4 years ago
Quoted from paynemic:

I’m just throwing this out there, but I wrinkled my cabinet decal on the right side of the head. I want to get a new one but i hate have four others wasted. Does anyone need any of the others so maybe I can split the cost with someone? It’s only $99 plus shipping for the whole set, so I’ll probably just pull the trigger.

YES. I need a front, when I moved the shooter rod to align it properly it exposed a screwed up decal where the rod was installed. Ugh.

PM me whatever you want for it and shipping.

#14181 4 years ago

If any owner wants to trade for my wonka LE and cash, pm me.

Cheers

#14182 4 years ago

Maybe no one watched the video... here's a screenshot. See anything interesting?

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#14183 4 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

amazon.com link »

Wasn’t someone working on a hack into the software?

#14184 4 years ago

Maybe no one watched the video... here's a screenshot. See anything interesting?[quoted image]

Oh wow I think this is the first time we've seen anything code wise altered on a JJP game outside of an official release. Awesome stuff. Looking forward to what's next!

With what you've done so far do you think it will eventually be possible to edit existing audio files?

#14185 4 years ago

Maybe no one watched the video... here's a screenshot. See anything interesting?[quoted image]

So many questions....

#14186 4 years ago
Quoted from paynemic:

So many questions....

I see that there are 3 possibilities.

1. harryhoudini pulled off an amazing Jack Sparrow costume and the game simply took his picture
2. harryhoudini is really Johnny Depp and loves to create amazing pinball mods.
3. harryhoudini cracked JJP's code for Pirates!

Seriously though if this is the real deal and existing game audio can be edited then this is a game changer. Pirates is already a GOAT level pin but having callouts from all the actors in it would be incredible.

#14187 4 years ago

Thanks to Lloyd (LTG) and others here, I successfully determined that the cause of the left flipper on my Black Pearl being constantly energized and in the up position was a transistor. Specifically, Q407, IRL540N, JJP part 130-0000-0T. A few YouTube videos on how to desolder thru-hole components and $2 for a replacement and I’m back up and running.

Thanks again. Hopefully this helps someone else some day.
56E3FD38-8693-4D48-9ED2-EA4BA4A6D3B7 (resized).jpeg56E3FD38-8693-4D48-9ED2-EA4BA4A6D3B7 (resized).jpeg

#14188 4 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I see that there are 3 possibilities.
1. harryhoudini pulled off an amazing Jack Sparrow costume and the game simply took his picture
2. harryhoudini is really Johnny Depp and loves to create amazing pinball mods.
3. harryhoudini cracked JJP's code for Pirates!
Seriously though if this is the real deal and existing game audio can be edited then this is a game changer. Pirates is already a GOAT level pin but having callouts from all the actors in it would be incredible.

I really don't want to be overwhelmed by the license. I'm less excited by Rick and Morty due to an overwhelming mess of repetitious clips and audio. The allure for POTC for me is the subtlety of how things click on infinite levels, versus bang you over the head with the same video and audio assets. Kinda like Wonka for this reason too.

I like the clever use of GUI that Wonka and Pirates needed, due to a lack of assets usage. Something like Rick and Morty, on the other hand, currently has plopped down full screen clips on loop, with really no clever use of the license visually, akin to all of the amazing work JP Dewinn has done on all of his games.

#14189 4 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Oh wow I think this is the first time we've seen anything code wise altered on a JJP game outside of an official release. Awesome stuff. Looking forward to what's next!
With what you've done so far do you think it will eventually be possible to edit existing audio files?

I think editing existing media assets would be the most basic thing, as you can see. Adding new assets and modifying other items is what is being worked on.

#14190 4 years ago
Quoted from andrewket:

Thanks to Lloyd (LTG) and others here, I successfully determined that the cause of the left flipper on my Black Pearl being constantly energized and in the up position was a transistor. Specifically, Q407, IRL540N, JJP part 130-0000-0T. A few YouTube videos on how to desolder thru-hole components and $2 for a replacement and I’m back up and running.
Thanks again. Hopefully this helps someone else some day.
[quoted image]

Yeah, it's good to keep some of these on hand because they're so commonly used for coil control and dead coils + shipping time = no fun.

Ed at Great Plains Electronics has them for $1.25 ea (or $1.13ea if you get 10):
https://www.greatplainselectronics.com/proddetail.asp?prod=IRL540N

#14191 4 years ago

I think editing existing media assets would be the most basic thing, as you can see. Adding new assets and modifying other items is what is being worked on.

Fantastic work! If it could be manipulated like pinsound that would be amazing. I’m thinking of folders for a specific game action that will call a random audio sample out of a given folder. Endprodukt made an amazing Indiana Jones mix with some original assets. It never gets old because for any given game action, there might be five audio samples that could be called randomly.

#14192 4 years ago
Quoted from paynemic:

Fantastic work! If it could be manipulated like pinsound that would be amazing. I’m thinking of folders for a specific game action that will call a random audio sample out of a given folder. Endprodukt made an amazing Indiana Jones mix with some original assets. It never gets old because for any given game action, there might be five audio samples that could be called randomly.

Yeah, that would probably be the first option. Ideally way more control and functions but haven't had a chance to dig in to it enough. We have a crapton of WOZ mods coming so been busy with that. Have a few more POTC coming out, the rear chest cover that people had asked for in the chest mod thread is one.

#14193 4 years ago

Just doing a little chest welding on a holiday weekend. Same place on both, not ironically. Not the best design when you bend one of the pre-bent sections again and it snaps off. Well, now it's double thick and you can't really bend it that easily.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#14194 4 years ago

One of the main reasons I bought this game is because of the lack of movie clips and actors voices. imo, that is why the game excels as it is.

#14195 4 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

One of the main reasons I bought this game is because of the lack of movie clips and actors voices. imo, that is why the game excels as it is.

I hear ya there. I don't really care about video clips as the custom assets such as the interactive map and other animations are done so well. However, just a short clip of actor audio from the corresponding movie scene a chapter is based on for when that character is collected would be awesome to hear. If it can't be done that's cool too as like ya said the game excels without those assets.

#14196 4 years ago

I installed the closing chest mod today. That was not a trivial install, but I finally got it dialed in and what a cool mod! Between the chest and the twinkling star backboard behind the original starmap, the game just keeps getting better. Can’t wait for new code, this game is a keeper for sure. What mods to do next...the game has almost all of them. Need to address that noisy map disc next...very annoying.

#14197 4 years ago

So does everyone else have their slings turned all the way down? Seems like the scale on that setting is off. Wonder if that is something that can be fixed in code. I'd like to lower mine more, maybe just have to change the coil to something smaller. I still get stuff bouncing off the glass and ending up in the shooter lane or over the flipper. I am wondering if Titan isn't the best ring and flipper rubber for this game, it seems way too bouncy. I have the same rubber on my TOTAN and I can trap and catch balls much easier on that game. I'd like to compare it to my WOZ but I need to get it back together first.

#14198 4 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

I really don't want to be overwhelmed by the license. I'm less excited by Rick and Morty due to an overwhelming mess of repetitious clips and audio. The allure for POTC for me is the subtlety of how things click on infinite levels, versus bang you over the head with the same video and audio assets. Kinda like Wonka for this reason too.
I like the clever use of GUI that Wonka and Pirates needed, due to a lack of assets usage. Something like Rick and Morty, on the other hand, currently has plopped down full screen clips on loop, with really no clever use of the license visually, akin to all of the amazing work JP Dewinn has done on all of his games.

OT: R&M is pre Beta code, it’s a little early declare the game “an overwhelming mess of repetitious clips & audio”

On topic: POTC is awesome and I will own this game someday!

#14199 4 years ago

I watched the entire video, but perhaps like most on this thread... I was wondering why you super imposed JD in post production as a SFX. LOL

#14200 4 years ago

PRICE
$ 185 (OBO)
Open for offers

FOR SALE
JERSEY JACK POTC BACKGLASS

Condition: Used, good condition

ITEM DESCRIPTION
Like New Jersey Jack Pirates of the Caribbean Backglass

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 45.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Vernon, BC
$ 28.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 32.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 19.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 35.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

24,999 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Frisco, TX
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
The MOD Couple

Wanted
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 18,885 posts in this topic. You are on page 284 of 378.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-pirates-of-the-caribbean-official-owners-and-fan-club/page/284?hl=gnarlee and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.