(Topic ID: 200141)

JJP Pirates of the Caribbean Official Owners and Fan Club!

By goren1818

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 18,885 posts
  • 633 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by Buzzie
  • Topic is favorited by 284 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pirates2 (resized).jpg
IMG_2296 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2297 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2298 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2299 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2301 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2300 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
20240330_165232 (resized).jpg
POTC_Mods_annotated (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2024-03-29 at 12.02.54 PM (resized).png
17117301082711484468150429261795 (resized).jpg
20240329_160033 (resized).jpg
431321214_1110342276953195_8816628931148154685_n (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223442061 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223435586 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

20 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,885 posts in this topic. You are on page 281 of 378.
#14001 4 years ago
Quoted from Green-Machine:

What is the latest code?

jerseyjackpinball.com - Support - Downloads - Pirates. Keep an eye on updates, download the manual too.

LTG : )

#14002 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

jerseyjackpinball.com - Support - Downloads - Pirates. Keep an eye on updates, download the manual too.

Thank you kind sir! See you at TPF2020!

#14003 4 years ago

See you at TPF2020!

Not sure I'll be there yet.

#14004 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Not sure I'll be there yet.

Aren't you demoing the Guns n Roses at the reveal?

#14005 4 years ago

Thanks for everything, the dangling ethernet cable was correct - did not see the all black ethernet port back there!

Monitor is still an issue, I'll work on that...

Quoted from zaphX:

Looks to me like those orange plastic protectors are blocking the ball. I'd lose them personally.

Plug in that dangling ethernet cable into the star map board.

Lift the metal levers on the sides of the monitor and push it up into the bracket.

What else is wrong with it?

#14006 4 years ago

Congrats on the new addition! Must admit your avatar brings back awesome memories. Man I loved my green machine as a kid.

#14007 4 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

So you've obviously heated these spots with mylar already on, it seems?
Man, I do appreciate the wisdom of experience. I never quite feel like I have the confidence of you folks that have been in this hobby for years. It's definitely appreciated!

We are all here to help. Makes the hobby much more enjoyable when it’s not a complete blind mystery when things go wrong. Yes I have used that simple iron for many little binds from pooling, small bubbles in new cabinet decals, to Mylar lifting. Amazing how many goofy yet useful tools you collect along the way in this hobby.

#14008 4 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Congrats on the new addition! Must admit your avatar brings back awesome memories. Man I loved my green machine as a kid.

Thanks! I loved riding other kids green-machines.... I never had one

#14009 4 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Was about to post nearly the opposite comment ! I don’t think the RGB GI adds much to a game like Say, Monster Bash, but I think it is QUITE important to the moodiness of POTC.

I definitely agree. As a former LE owner, I loved how the colors would change during modes and thought it popped even more bc the game isn't overly colorful. It also helped differentiate the modes which is this games biggest flaw. I just didn't think I would notice it that much but never saw a standard and yep... Big time diff

Crazy bc I recently had a standard deal fall through and now I'm happy it did. I'll join the club in eventually.

#14010 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Aren't you demoing the Guns n Roses at the reveal?

I have absolutely no idea what JJP NJ or Chicago plan as far as game, announcement, or reveal. What, when, or where. If at all.

They never send me to shows, so what ever they have going on, I'll likely not be part of, other than attend their seminar. I do clean their glasses and help if needed.

Expo I did on my own, and not likely to return. Last couple years Chicago Gaming sent me to TPF and MGC, to keep an eye on their games. Clean, repair, etc. In the past I've also cleaned glasses if I beat their crew in for AP, and Kingpin Games - JJP, AP, and Spooky. And help if needed.

As of right now, I don't believe I'll be attending any shows this year.

I do look forward to show reports and pictures, to share in the fun. Should be a great year for pinball with reveals and what not.

#14011 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

I have absolutely no idea what JJP NJ or Chicago plan as far as game, announcement, or reveal. What, when, or where. If at all.
They never send me to shows, so what ever they have going on, I'll likely not be part of, other than attend their seminar. I do clean their glasses and help if needed.
Expo I did on my own, and not likely to return. Last couple years Chicago Gaming sent me to TPF and MGC, to keep an eye on their games. Clean, repair, etc. In the past I've also cleaned glasses if I beat their crew in for AP, and Kingpin Games - JJP, AP, and Spooky. And help if needed.
As of right now, I don't believe I'll be attending any shows this year.
I do look forward to show reports and pictures, to share in the fun. Should be a great year for pinball with reveals and what not.

It’s a shame. You are the best “advertising” these companies have. You frequent the forum. You answer technical questions that you do not have to. Hell you even tell an occasional joke. These companies should be begging you to go

#14012 4 years ago

Is this a common happening?
9B0F9427-EDF8-403F-BE74-2E5987133EA9 (resized).jpeg9B0F9427-EDF8-403F-BE74-2E5987133EA9 (resized).jpeg

#14013 4 years ago

Gap between the ramp in the ship seems pretty big.
image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg

#14014 4 years ago

Gap between the ramp in the ship seems pretty big.

Loosen allen head bolt behind the mini playfield and push the whole rocking ship further forward. Then retighten it.

Below the spotlight is a hex head screw through a rubber grommet, you can tighten that down to lean the ramp to the right if you need it.

#14015 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Loosen allen head bolt behind the mini playfield and push the whole rocking ship further forward. Then retighten it.
Below the spotlight is a hex head screw through a rubber grommet, you can tighten that down to lean the ramp to the right if you need it.

Awesome thanks

#14016 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Loosened bolt and tightened it. It did nothing to move it forward. It just slid right back where it was sitting before I loosened the bolt

#14017 4 years ago

Loosened bolt and tightened it. It did nothing to move it forward. It just slid right back where it was sitting before I loosened the bolt

You need to loosen, then push/pull the ship forward then tighten. Not just loosen and retighten.

#14018 4 years ago

Exactly what I did. It seems to have the same play forward and backward and tightened and Untight

#14019 4 years ago

The ship will move forward and backward about 1/8 of an inch while the bolt is tight. When I loosened the bolt it had the same amount of movement. There seems to be no change between loose and tight bolt

#14020 4 years ago

The ship will move forward and backward about 1/8 of an inch while the bolt is tight. When I loosened the bolt it had the same amount of movement. There seems to be no change between loose and tight bolt

Maybe you need to loosen it more so it can travel a bit more? The set screw might not be high enough without loosening it a bit more.

Alternately, I've found that if the two screws at the bottom of the ramp OR the screw on the post to the right of the ramp are too tight, it will pull the ramp away like this. If you can't get the ship the move, check this.

#14021 4 years ago

I completely removed it to make sure it was loose. It seems to be doing nothing more than holding the ship on the shaft

#14022 4 years ago

Will the threads go fully into the shaft? When it feels screwed in tight there are still exposed threads. Is that normal?

#14023 4 years ago

I completely removed it to make sure it was loose. It seems to be doing nothing more than holding the ship on the shaft

That is my experience also. Fore/aft position is a function of the hooks underneath, I believe.

#14024 4 years ago

Doing some work on a JJP ecosystem lighting kit. It's an overall system that provides control and power to any number of lighting elements you can install across various JJP games. I have 5 different options for POTC right now. Two of those have interactive game lighting elements that I think will be a great addition to gameplay. The release version will have individual RGB controls for all lighting elements where it makes sense to set colors. Control will be via remote (provided), phone app, wifi or home assistant (alexa, etc) for individual elements. You can set color, change brightness, turn each light element on or off. All lighting elements are directed/specific to an area/game. All pieces of the system are plug and play, clean installs.

Here's the first set of POTC items. Not pictured it the backboard lighting, I have it on my WOZ but not putting it on POTC as I don't need it but it is available if people want it. Maybe I'll try a nice wash in a dark/dim color and see how that looks.

Working on the other 3 right now, some interact with other elements we will be releasing soon so those will have to coincide. I'm also working on a generic option for custom RGB controlled LED strips for any part of the game you want to add to.

0203201628 (resized).jpg0203201628 (resized).jpg0203201654 (resized).jpg0203201654 (resized).jpg0203201654a_HDR (resized).jpg0203201654a_HDR (resized).jpg0203201654c_HDR (resized).jpg0203201654c_HDR (resized).jpg0203201654d_HDR (resized).jpg0203201654d_HDR (resized).jpg
#14025 4 years ago

very original

Quoted from harryhoudini:

Doing some work on a JJP ecosystem lighting kit. It's an overall system that provides control and power to any number of lighting elements you can install across various JJP games. I have 5 different options for POTC right now. Two of those have interactive game lighting elements that I think will be a great addition to gameplay. The release version will have individual RGB controls for all lighting elements where it makes sense to set colors. Control will be via remote (provided), phone app, wifi or home assistant (alexa, etc) for individual elements. You can set color, change brightness, turn each light element on or off. All lighting elements are directed/specific to an area/game. All pieces of the system are plug and play, clean installs.
Here's the first set of POTC items. Not pictured it the backboard lighting, I have it on my WOZ but not putting it on POTC as I don't need it but it is available if people want it. Maybe I'll try a nice wash in a dark/dim color and see how that looks.
Working on the other 3 right now, some interact with other elements we will be releasing soon so those will have to coincide. I'm also working on a generic option for custom RGB controlled LED strips for any part of the game you want to add to.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

#14026 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

That is my experience also. Fore/aft position is a function of the hooks underneath, I believe.

Same here - have been unable to eliminate that gap - that’s the furthest forward it will go because of the brackets it rocks on.

#14027 4 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Same here - have been unable to eliminate that gap - that’s the furthest forward it will go because of the brackets it rocks on.

I use a combination of BP ramp support, BP alignment/protection kit and moving my ramp flap holes slightly. Shameless plug, but I use and like them both.

https://pinballmods.co/pirates-of-the-caribbean-jjp/black-pearl-ramp-support
https://pinballmods.co/pirates-of-the-caribbean-jjp/potc-black-pearl-actuating-protection-amp-alignment-kit

BP stays in a fixed place now (can't slide fore/aft), ramp doesn't sit on the screw under the middle and I can tilt/raise/lower the top of the ramp to match the BP.

#14028 4 years ago

I second houdini's post above. Great products which I also use and recommend!

#14029 4 years ago

I just picked up one of the most recently made POTC NIB Born on date 5/1/19. Very few issues except for all difficulty and game presets are are blank as pictured.

I called JJP and they said they took them out a few years ago due to bugs. Can anyone confirm? I am on 0.99 and reloaded the full code to make sure that wasn’t it. Seems strange. Thanks guys.

B95E5085-C318-4737-9139-5DF032F05951 (resized).jpegB95E5085-C318-4737-9139-5DF032F05951 (resized).jpeg
#14030 4 years ago
Quoted from Harmonic-Homes:

I just picked up one of the most recently made POTC NIB Born on date 5/1/19. Very few issues except for all difficulty and game presets are are blank as pictured.
I called JJP and they said they took them out a few years ago due to bugs. Can anyone confirm? I am on 0.99 and reloaded the full code to make sure that wasn’t it. Seems strange. Thanks guys.[quoted image]

Did you press enter to "view this item"?

#14031 4 years ago

Does it sound like 1.02 will be the next code release (currently 1.02B in beta) or will beta testers be testing another updated version before general release?

#14032 4 years ago

I called JJP and they said they took them out a few years ago due to bugs. Can anyone confirm? I am on 0.99 and reloaded the full code to make sure that wasn’t it. Seems strange. Thanks guys.[quoted image]

My pirates on 0.99 does not have difficulty presets either. I thought I recall this next update adding them.

#14033 4 years ago

I called JJP and they said they took them out a few years ago due to bugs. Can anyone confirm? I am on 0.99 and reloaded the full code to make sure that wasn’t it. Seems strange.

They took out the values. I believe you can still install the presets. 0.99 in mine.

#14034 4 years ago

.99 does not have presets, or at least you can’t see what the settings are. Hopefully 1.02 fixes

#14035 4 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Does it sound like 1.02 will be the next code release (currently 1.02B in beta) or will beta testers be testing another updated version before general release?

We are told that there is still lots of testing for the WIFI update testing … and beyond. It will likely go beyond the next game code updates released to everyone with some more cool network/Bluetooth things to come. And … we were told that the version number for beta testing will not match what is released for general consumption. Example: 1.03B for beta testers could be just version 1.00 that goes out for the game - the beta version number is meaningless … just used for testing updates (x>y so update). It might get confusing once that happens based on what has been streamed already.

Will beta testers get more game code updates? Only they (JJP developers) know. Guessing - maybe a day or two ahead of the public release (if it includes the WIFI update too) just to do one last final test. We have not seen the latest Wonka update in beta code yet (not much in that update though). So the public is ahead of beta testers on game code for that one.

#14036 4 years ago

.99 does not have presets difficulties. I asked keith about this 5-6-19 and I was told
Gnar_Lee: I know we went to look at presets. They still were not there correct or was I missing something?
pinball_keefer: they weren't there. a very silly mistake
Gnar_Lee: No worries. Thank you for answering questions tonight. Looking foward to the new code

#14037 4 years ago
Quoted from GnarLee:

.99 does not have presets difficulties. I asked keith about this 5-6-19 and I was told
Gnar_Lee: I know we went to look at presets. They still were not there correct or was I missing something?
pinball_keefer: they weren't there. a very silly mistake
Gnar_Lee: No worries. Thank you for answering questions tonight. Looking foward to the new code

Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

.99 does not have presets, or at least you can’t see what the settings are. Hopefully 1.02 fixes

Quoted from Vitty:

My pirates on 0.99 does not have difficulty presets either. I thought I recall this next update adding them.

For what it's worth, the presets are there in the latest beta code. That's not a guarantee that they will be there for game code 1.??, but it's a good sign that it will be.

#14038 4 years ago

Question. If the WiFi is coming, is there a WiFi Dongle we can order now? Does it need to come from JJP or can we get it anywhere? Or am I getting way too excited for the update and need to calm down and wait?

#14039 4 years ago
Quoted from Heater:

Question. If the WiFi is coming, is there a WiFi Dongle we can order now? Does it need to come from JJP or can we get it anywhere? Or am I getting way too excited for the update and need to calm down and wait?

They have only found a few dongles that will work so far. Linux doesn't like some (or most) of them currently. It would be best to wait as I'm guessing that JJP will come up with a list of ones that they know will work. And, you wont need it until the update after the full iso update that has the new WIFI code. A direct wire ethernet cable would work after that WIFI update also. You would be able to get it from anywhere - like Amazon, or maybe even Best Buy or the other usual places.

#14040 4 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

They have only found a few dongles that will work so far. Linux doesn't like some (or most) of them currently. It would be best to wait as I'm guessing that JJP will come up with a list of ones that they know will work. And, you wont need it until the update after the full iso update that has the new WIFI code. A direct wire ethernet cable would work after that WIFI update also. You would be able to get it from anywhere - like Amazon, or maybe even Best Buy or the other usual places.

The cheapo Atheros ones made for the Raspberry pi all work AFAIK

#14041 4 years ago
Quoted from Heater:

I am using this - AC600 version - with success.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00K11UIV4/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o08_s00

#14042 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I am using this - AC600 version - with success.
amazon.com link »

what exactly will this do for the game play?

#14043 4 years ago

Perhaps I have located part or all of my issues.

I can play the game now but none of my column 9 switches work. I tracked that down to the left opto I/o board. Out of curiosity I looked at the right opto board and saw what is pictured. It looks like the power is disconnected.

I want to confirm that it is okay to plug this in. Sort of a stupid question but I really want to make sure I don’t fry something.

Photos below are from the right opto I/o board. You can see the connector hanging in the breeze with what I think to be the appropriate plug on the board.

I’m hoping that if I plug this in all will be well.
97A9C381-AC72-48E0-AEA7-7A148389AD20 (resized).jpeg97A9C381-AC72-48E0-AEA7-7A148389AD20 (resized).jpegB7F61BC6-C601-4E28-BA93-A7C9F153BFAB (resized).jpegB7F61BC6-C601-4E28-BA93-A7C9F153BFAB (resized).jpeg

#14044 4 years ago
Quoted from VolunteerPin:

I want to confirm that it is okay to plug this in.

It's okay to plug it in. It belongs there. You could also verify with the pinouts in the manual.

#14045 4 years ago

what exactly will this do for the game play?

Once the wifi is out and ready to go, it will allow you to connect your game to a wifi source so you can easily update the game that way. No more downloading, no more putting on a memory stick, no more putting memory stick in game. No more killing game if you screw up. No more calling me when you screw it up.

#14046 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

It's okay to plug it in. It belongs there. You could also verify with the pinouts in the manual.

Yes, got it plugged in and it did fix my column 9 issues. I was on the phone with Jim at JJP. Still a couple of issues which I was really hoping that one plug would fix:

1. Coin door always shows as open even when shut (both the splash screen and in switch test) Splash screen will go away if I start a game. Edit: interlock switch does work.

2. Black Pearl does not move at all either during a game or in test mode. I tried the "force recalibration" and still no movement.

Back to the manual. Can Lloyd (or anyone) who can help point me in the right direction?

Thanks. I'm happy that I am slowly making some progress.

Darin

#14047 4 years ago

1. Coin door always shows as open even when shut (both the splash screen and in switch test) Splash screen will go away if I start a game. Edit: interlock switch does work.

Interlock doesn't cause the message to appear or go away. Lower switch, memory protect switch, does that. Be sure it works, open coin door and push in. If that makes the message go away, the metal flap on the door isn't pressing it in far enough. If pressing it in doesn't effect it, then check the wiring. See if it's in the right spots.

IMG_0567 (resized).JPGIMG_0567 (resized).JPG
#14048 4 years ago

Back to the manual. Can Lloyd (or anyone) who can help point me in the right direction?

jerseyjackpinball.com - Support - Downloads - Pirates - manual is there.

http://marketing.jerseyjackpinball.com/potc/POTC_Manual%202_0%20November%202018.pdf

#14049 4 years ago

2. Black Pearl does not move at all either during a game or in test mode.

Check the rear of the playfield. There is a flat metal strip securing the motor to the rocking ship. Two screws on it. You can loosen them and adjust the flat metal strip if it's too tight. You can also pull the clip off and lower it and check if the motor works in Tests - Devices.

potcship (resized).jpegpotcship (resized).jpeg
#14050 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Check the rear of the playfield. There is a flat metal strip securing the motor to the rocking ship. Two screws on it. You can loosen them and adjust the flat metal strip if it's too tight. You can also pull the clip off and lower it and check if the motor works in Tests - Devices.

Ignore the shipping block in this picture. It has long since been removed. Be sure all your shipping blocks are removed back there.

And connectors to I/O board in the head are all on solid.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Playfield - Protection
Pin Monk

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 45.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Wanted
$ 38.00
$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 26.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

24,999 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Frisco, TX
$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 100.00
Boards
Led Pinball

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 99.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Machine - For Sale
Smithtown, NY
$ 19.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 18,885 posts in this topic. You are on page 281 of 378.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-pirates-of-the-caribbean-official-owners-and-fan-club/page/281?hl=delt31 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.