(Topic ID: 200141)

JJP Pirates of the Caribbean Official Owners and Fan Club!

By goren1818

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 18,885 posts
  • 633 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 days ago by Buzzie
  • Topic is favorited by 284 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pirates2 (resized).jpg
IMG_2296 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2297 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2298 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2299 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2301 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2300 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
20240330_165232 (resized).jpg
POTC_Mods_annotated (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2024-03-29 at 12.02.54 PM (resized).png
17117301082711484468150429261795 (resized).jpg
20240329_160033 (resized).jpg
431321214_1110342276953195_8816628931148154685_n (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223442061 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223435586 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

20 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,885 posts in this topic. You are on page 279 of 378.
#13901 4 years ago
Quoted from Reznnate:

While that could be it, unfortunately I doubt it.
I recently unboxed game #135 and haven't played a proper game on it yet because I'm still working through issues.
But my playfield won't go in easily either... I have to push very hard to get it down. Nothing is bent, it's just REALLY tight.

Make sure the wire loom that is on the left
Is not hitting play field. I moved mine more towards the center And was a lot better.

#13902 4 years ago
Quoted from GnarLee:

Make sure the wire loom that is on the left
Is not hitting play field. I moved mine more towards the center And was a lot better.

Yeah, thanks for that. This is annoying enough that I've already exhausted those types of fixes.

#13903 4 years ago
Quoted from TomN:

Just wanted to ask a question and get some opinions. A couple of months back I bought a nice modded out JjpPotc Se from a pinside member. Everything went well. Game was beautiful and as described. Currently working with no issues whatsoever. My only small issue and admittedly partly my fault is that I forgot a couple of the mods. Art blades and the chest mod...anyway I let him know and offered to pay postage to get them mailed to me. Even offered to meet up and exchange if he didn’t want to be bothered with shipping. At this point he is ghosting me and currently not even responding to my txts or pm’s. Still do not have the items btw. Should I just say my bad and forget about it? Not quite sure I want to call him out, but would like to get what was offered and paid for. Personally, I think it’s garbage to ignore and not do something as simple as drop the items in the mail. Thoughts and advice?

If they were clearly included in the ad then he should obviously work with you to get them - otherwise it’s basically theft. Personally, I wouldn’t get into a debate on Pinside which always quickly devolve, but would leave negative feedback even though he will likely do the same. I’d just buy new ones (definitely worth it) and enjoy the game. It sucks, but $400 isn’t enough to dwell on in this hobby.

#13904 4 years ago
Quoted from luckymoey:

If they were clearly included in the ad then he should obviously work with you to get them - otherwise it’s basically theft. Personally, I wouldn’t get into a debate on Pinside which always quickly devolve, but would leave negative feedback even though he will likely do the same. I’d just buy new ones (definitely worth it) and enjoy the game. It sucks, but $400 isn’t enough to dwell on in this hobby.

I agree. It’s not worth it. Just disappointed that a relatively simple request gets ignored and dismissed. Your reputation is everything and I wouldn’t want it dinged for such a minor request. Who knows? Maybe something happened? Regardless, a response and follow through would be nice. Not surprisingly he was very quick to respond when I was giving him a big stack of cash.

#13905 4 years ago

As others have started to post, I just got notice of my replacement playfield shipping.

#13906 4 years ago
Quoted from TomN:

Just wanted to ask a question and get some opinions. A couple of months back I bought a nice modded out JjpPotc Se from a pinside member. Everything went well. Game was beautiful and as described. Currently working with no issues whatsoever. My only small issue and admittedly partly my fault is that I forgot a couple of the mods. Art blades and the chest mod...anyway I let him know and offered to pay postage to get them mailed to me. Even offered to meet up and exchange if he didn’t want to be bothered with shipping. At this point he is ghosting me and currently not even responding to my txts or pm’s. Still do not have the items btw. Should I just say my bad and forget about it? Not quite sure I want to call him out, but would like to get what was offered and paid for. Personally, I think it’s garbage to ignore and not do something as simple as drop the items in the mail. Thoughts and advice?

The only SE I see near you included both the art blades and the chest mod, listed as included but not installed in the ad. And for the kind of money they were asking for an SE you definitely should have received them. Not cool to ghost you over that, but not much you can do except leave bad feedback if they won't respond...

#13907 4 years ago
Quoted from VillaThrills:

As others have started to post, I just got notice of my replacement playfield shipping.

Awesome. My fingers are still crossed.

#13908 4 years ago

Got a shipping notice also, for my Pirates LE Playfield this afternoon!

I hope everyone affected with Pirates and Wonka playfield issues gets a playfield to try and correct matters. I'm going to write Jack a letter upon receiving mine, and let him know I appreciate the gesture, as well as Mike at Automated.

Big thanks to @HarryHoudini, and every person that posted photos, made calls, discussed on podcasts, and never let this issue go away.

Hopefully from now on, playfields get better treatment and scrutiny before they get used in games.

Good luck all!

#13909 4 years ago
Quoted from GnarLee:

I bet the new owner of your machine that no longer has a warranty would appreciate it.

That would be the honorable thing to do.

#13910 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

The only SE I see near you included both the art blades and the chest mod, listed as included but not installed in the ad. And for the kind of money they were asking for an SE you definitely should have received them. Not cool to ghost you over that, but not much you can do except leave bad feedback if they won't respond...

That same ad listed as not sold. So if it is the same game, the guy tried to weasel out of paying a small seller's fee.

#13911 4 years ago
Quoted from Palmer:

That same ad listed as not sold. So if it is the same game, the guy tried to weasel out of paying a small seller's fee.

Crazy if that's the same machine he bought here on pinside, but in my experience way too common an occurrence.

#13912 4 years ago
Quoted from benbethel:

Finally got my NIB (then modded, then shipped) POTC CE #138 yesterday - after paying $16,500 for it and wiring $29K to someone (also a Wonka Ce) on 11/13/2019 - I've been unpacking things, putting them together, reading up, and finally booted it last night and played two games. Here's a link to the photo album: https://photos.app.goo.gl/BqyW3VBw25A3tCnCA
So far - and forgive me for not knowing all the lingo, I'm clueless...
* my left lane wire ramp isn't lined up, trying to loosen nuts but still doesn't want to move...
* my starfield (the JJP one) and starfield mod aren't working, the mod has a few lights illuminate, the JJP one has the green light on but no testing shows the lights...
* the screen was dropped and backglass paint is scratched - I opened the backbox and tried adjusting but it won't sit at the right level, argh...
* ball got stuck somewhere in the back need to investigate that...
* when sliding the playfield back in it doesn't want to go all the way back to sit nicely, it seems to barely fit, and in doing that when I dropped it in one of the orange plastic pieces on the left lane flew into the air, guess I need a new one of those...
Really wish someone in Phoenix with great knowledge of this game would come over and check it out and let me know what's working/not working as it should. This is my 7th.. went from Bride of Pinbot, added Whitewater, Simpsons Pinball Party, Woz 75th Ruby Red, Road Show, Hobbit Smaug, now POTC CE, and 8th pin - Wonka CE - arrives on Thursday... since then I've sold Whitewater, TSPP... really do miss that Whitewater. I'm addicted, love them, but really need to start knowing more and caring more and understanding more!
Thanks everyone!
Ben

I'd recommend Firebird Pinball. Kris is just awesome

#13913 4 years ago
Quoted from benbethel:

* my left lane wire ramp isn't lined up, trying to loosen nuts but still doesn't want to move...

Looks to me like those orange plastic protectors are blocking the ball. I'd lose them personally.

Quoted from benbethel:

* my starfield (the JJP one) and starfield mod aren't working, the mod has a few lights illuminate, the JJP one has the green light on but no testing shows the lights...

Plug in that dangling ethernet cable into the star map board.

Quoted from benbethel:

* the screen was dropped and backglass paint is scratched - I opened the backbox and tried adjusting but it won't sit at the right level, argh...

Lift the metal levers on the sides of the monitor and push it up into the bracket.

Quoted from benbethel:

Really wish someone in Phoenix with great knowledge of this game would come over and check it out and let me know what's working/not working as it should.

What else is wrong with it?

#13914 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I’ve given up at this point. Not looking to call anyone out as that usually devolves into nothing helpful. Sucks but I’ve asked more times then I can remember. What am I gonna do? Like I said...partly my own fault. Live and learn I suppose. Would have been sweet though

#13915 4 years ago
Quoted from Palmer:

Not POTC, but another game I had listed for sale, then decided to keep. a pinsider months later looked at the archives and contacted me.

A few months later he bought the game, and within 2 hours of the sale I donated to pinside.

I would never cheat pinside or anyone.

#13916 4 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

Got a shipping notice also, for my Pirates LE Playfield this afternoon!
I hope everyone affected with Pirates and Wonka playfield issues gets a playfield to try and correct matters. I'm going to write Jack a letter upon receiving mine, and let him know I appreciate the gesture, as well as Mike at Automated.
Big thanks to HarryHoudini, and every person that posted photos, made calls, discussed on podcasts, and never let this issue go away.
Hopefully from now on, playfields get better treatment and scrutiny before they get used in games.
Good luck all!

What did you do to request or get on a list for a replacement playfield and what are the issues with your playfield?

#13917 4 years ago

Is no one talking about the new beat code? Just dialed in to Kevin's live feed but have zero idea about what is new.

#13918 4 years ago
Quoted from dnaman:

What did you do to request or get on a list for a replacement playfield and what are the issues with your playfield?

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/potc-who-has-playfield-dimples-cracking-wear-around-star-posts-

#13919 4 years ago

I have the rippling in mine and have added the posts just wasn't sure if I can get on a wait list for a PF. I ordered a backup for my WOZ as a just in case (lots of dimpling) but at least it isn't a clear coat issue.

#13920 4 years ago
Quoted from dnaman:

I have the rippling in mine and have added the posts just wasn't sure if I can get on a wait list for a PF. I ordered a backup for my WOZ as a just in case (lots of dimpling) but at least it isn't a clear coat issue.

You need to put a ticket in on the JJP site and likely submit the photos they ask for.

#13921 4 years ago
Quoted from dnaman:

Is no one talking about the new beat code? Just dialed in to Kevin's live feed but have zero idea about what is new.

I assume you meant “beta” code . There’s another thread where it’s being discussed. I am quite ready for it to be released, let me tell ya!

#13922 4 years ago

hey pirates ,
i have the chance of getting a NIB SE - is there any good footage of one? I cant really find anything on yt showcasing an SE and I have only played LE versions myself. I would love to see the GI difference in gameplay.

#13923 4 years ago
Quoted from Dexje:

hey pirates ,
i have the chance of getting a NIB SE - is there any good footage of one? I cant really find anything on yt showcasing an SE and I have only played LE versions myself. I would love to see the GI difference in gameplay.

On an SE, the GI is all white like a most pins are. All inserts color change still though, so you can easily tell what Pirates reward you are on.

I played both versions extensively before I bought mine and I ended up buying an SE as I the felt the features lost were not worth the extra dollars in the second hand market. I am extremely happy with my decision and I would do it again in a heartbeat.

#13924 4 years ago
Quoted from Dexje:

hey pirates ,

I have an SE. I could probably get you some footage tonight if you need it.

#13925 4 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

On an SE, the GI is all white like a most pins are. All inserts color change still though, so you can easily tell what Pirates reward you are on.
I played both versions extensively before I bought mine and I ended up buying an SE as I the felt the features lost were not worth the extra dollars in the second hand market. I am extremely happy with my decision and I would do it again in a heartbeat.

ya that's how i judged the extras aswell

Quoted from Palmer:

would be cool if you can do that focusing on the gi aspect

#13926 4 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

I assume you meant “beta” code . There’s another thread where it’s being discussed. I am quite ready for it to be released, let me tell ya!

Where? I can't find it. I watched some of the twitch video, not all. The only new updates discussed were character changes.
Thanks

#13927 4 years ago
Quoted from Palmer:

Quoted from Dexje:

hey pirates ,

Here is our Pirates SE stream from a couple of nights ago. This is with beta 1.02 code.

#13928 4 years ago
Quoted from imagamejunky:

Where? I can't find it. I watched some of the twitch video, not all. The only new updates discussed were character changes.
Thanks

I think it was the “JJPWHERESTHECODE” thread. There were other mentions of attract mode changes, LE numbers being shown on game, (I think) the difficulty settings being populated. I can’t remember what else

#13929 4 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

I think it was the “JJPWHERESTHECODE” thread. There were other mentions of attract mode changes, LE numbers being shown on game, (I think) the difficulty settings being populated. I can’t remember what else

Balls per play being shown along with the price on the attract screen. WoZ got this in the wild first.

#13930 4 years ago

**poTC parts sold- feel free to ignore*

#13931 4 years ago

Wow surprised about how much I miss the colored GI in SE when compared to the LE

Never saw the SE ever thanks for sharing

#13933 4 years ago

JJP should skip waiting until the show and announce Guns N Roses ASAP to take advantage of the lull with Stranger Things bombing and Iron Man vault having close to zero demand. I assume they're making machines already since it was so delayed and they could beat TMNT to the punch by months.

#13934 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

JJP should skip waiting until the show and announce Guns N Roses ASAP to take advantage of the lull with Stranger Things bombing and Iron Man vault having close to zero demand. I assume they're making machines already since it was so delayed and they could beat TMNT to the punch by months.

Agreed. Now would be the time to strike.

#13935 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I'd agree, but I'd wait till Rick and Morty is shown, gameplay wise.

Even if that game has sold through, JJP needs the spotlight entirely for this next game.

#13936 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

ONLY if they are close to having them on the line. Hype is measured in days now. Releasing too early kills sales. Even wonka seemed to take forever to ship post release.

If the game isn’t on the line people will move their money to the next hot thing. Money needs to be locked in.

Stern knows this. Spooky knows this. Does jjp know this?

#13937 4 years ago
Quoted from koops:

ONLY if they are close to having them on the line. Hype is measured in days now. Releasing too early kills sales. Even wonka seemed to take forever to ship post release.
If the game isn’t on the line people will move their money to the next hot thing. Money needs to be locked in.

I agree, and I think Jack knows this now.

#13938 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I agree, and I think Jack knows this now.

Well, he was within a 60 day window last time. Close...!

#13939 4 years ago
Quoted from koops:

Spooky knows this? Jjp gets pins out quicker than spooky even if they get a late start? Some people will be waiting almost 2 years to get their rick and Morty ? Confused by what u mean? Also I believe wonka shipped within the time they said it wld from reveal?

#13940 4 years ago
Quoted from koops:

Quoted from bigd1979:

Spooky knows this? Jjp gets pins out quicker than spooky even if they get a late start? Some people will be waiting almost 2 years to get their rick and Morty ? Confused by what u mean? Also I believe wonka shipped within the time they said it wld from reveal?

Guess spooky does have it figured out ..at least what works for them. Release a pin with a short teaser and limit it to 750 even know it will take 18 or more months for some to get the game. However make the 1000 -1600 deposit non refundable and you sell out instantly with no gameplay or stream. Pretty smart actually.. and works out great for them especially with all the extra fang club members that signed up just bc you basically had to if you wanted a chance at the pin.

#13941 4 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Guess spooky does have it figured out ..at least what works for them. Release a pin with a short teaser and limit it to 750 even know it will take 18 or more months for some to get the game. However make the 1000 -1600 deposit non refundable and you sell out instantly with no gameplay or stream. Pretty smart actually.. and works out great for them especially with all the extra fang club members that signed up just bc you basically had to if you wanted a chance at the pin.

Yep spooky clinic. What's crazy is that they are shipping games to people and still have not even showed it to the public. Not sure I've ever seen that before.

#13942 4 years ago

oh man those white GI on SE models look so meh. Didn't know color changing GI made that much difference to the game. I really didn't think that would make the games look so different.

#13943 4 years ago
Quoted from V4Vendetta:

oh man those white GI on SE models look so meh. Didn't know color changing GI made that much difference to the game. I really didn't think that would make the games look so different.

Different strokes for different folks I guess. I personally don't care for RGB GI short of attract mode light shows. Maybe I need new glasses, but I find it hard to see the ball when the colors changes too much.

#13944 4 years ago
Quoted from thirdedition:

Different strokes for different folks I guess. I personally don't care for RGB GI short of attract mode light shows. Maybe I need new glasses, but I find it hard to see the ball when the colors changes too much.

I agree. Color changing GI can be okay on a color explosion game like WOZ or Wonka, but on a darker themed game like Pirates I don't think it translates nearly as well. Having a game like Pirates light up all neon pink looks out of place.

#13945 4 years ago

I have yet to see my pirates light up neon pink. In fact the only time the GI really changes significantly is for effect when you start a multiball, and then it goes back to mostly white with the occasional special effect. Personally I love it.

#13946 4 years ago

I love the color change too

#13947 4 years ago
Quoted from thirdedition:

Quoted from LesManley:

I agree. Color changing GI can be okay on a color explosion game like WOZ or Wonka, but on a darker themed game like Pirates I don't think it translates nearly as well. Having a game like Pirates light up all neon pink looks out of place.

Are you guys SE owners by any chance?

#13948 4 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

Was about to post nearly the opposite comment ! I don’t think the RGB GI adds much to a game like Say, Monster Bash, but I think it is QUITE important to the moodiness of POTC.

#13949 4 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Spooky posted facebook video of rick on the line yesterday or the day before. That’s pretty quick and faster than jjp. Was was it total? 4 weeks from teaser to showing 30+ Machines on the line.

And yes to be fair ALL rick and morty buyers won’t have them in 2 months but atleast you know they are being made.

#13950 4 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Was about to post nearly the opposite comment ! I don’t think the RGB GI adds much to a game like Say, Monster Bash, but I think it is QUITE important to the moodiness of POTC.

I think the argument that the playfield gets too dark is way overblown. There are traditional white spots that are always on and always lighting most of the playfield. You can see them in the picture below (not my pic). The pf is all blue but the white spots are clearly illuminating the black pearl, shining on the pops, shining on the pf, left sling, spinning disc, etc. In person there really aren't any places for the ball to hide. They're well placed and you don't lose track of the ball.
50b0f5715e6060da3a2d04373b4a1f4b48c5c8a3 (resized).jpeg50b0f5715e6060da3a2d04373b4a1f4b48c5c8a3 (resized).jpeg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 99.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 100.00
Electronics
Led Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Smithtown, NY
$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

24,999 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Frisco, TX
$ 45.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 20.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 32.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Mod Co.

Playfield - Protection
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks

Wanted
$ 39.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 24.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Vernon, BC
$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 19.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

There are 18,885 posts in this topic. You are on page 279 of 378.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-pirates-of-the-caribbean-official-owners-and-fan-club/page/279?hl=zaphx and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.