(Topic ID: 200141)

JJP Pirates of the Caribbean Official Owners and Fan Club!

By goren1818

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 18,885 posts
  • 633 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 days ago by Buzzie
  • Topic is favorited by 284 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pirates2 (resized).jpg
IMG_2296 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2297 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2298 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2299 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2301 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2300 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
20240330_165232 (resized).jpg
POTC_Mods_annotated (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2024-03-29 at 12.02.54 PM (resized).png
17117301082711484468150429261795 (resized).jpg
20240329_160033 (resized).jpg
431321214_1110342276953195_8816628931148154685_n (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223442061 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223435586 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

20 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,885 posts in this topic. You are on page 277 of 378.
#13801 4 years ago
Quoted from GnarLee:

ok enough is enough. For all you that keep assuming I cannot do this. I will have 5 Wizard modes completed in 1 game by Sunday. Not sure how its hard to understand losing interest when ive been 2 chapters and 1 wizard mode away and know what lies beyond. Is there any special rules you would like to impose? Ive said before send me the streaming equipment and I will attempt to stream (live in country so internet isnt the greatest) this game for you. If not ill have a picture by Sunday.
*Edit Anybody know the first time they said game would be feature complete at launch?

It’s definitely been in the JJP game flow chart from the beginning and I think also the manual. Also there was this from This Week in Pinball on October 30, 2017:
"Pirates of the Caribbean New Info
As mentioned previously, Jersey Jack Pinball announced their newest game Pirates of the Caribbean at Expo. The game is packed with features and the response from the pinball community has been overwhelmingly positive. (Check out TWIP’s Deep Dive into the game here.) We reached out to Jersey Jack Pinball to find out some additional details:
The game will ship with the code at “Rules Complete” with all features included in the game (it was at around 20-30% at Expo)"

https://www.thisweekinpinball.com/twip-guardians-galaxy-rumor-round-jjp-pirates-new-info/

#13802 4 years ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

Fact is it’s been almost 9 months of no update AND no communication by JJP. I think it’s pretty reasonable to think that’s not good regardless of what the situation has been with other games.

9 Months waiting is NOTHING in the Stern model (see: Batman '66, Munsters, Ghostbusters, any number of other gimped Stern releases that were/are terrible for a LOT longer than 9 months). So, basically the whiners complaining about a mode that 99% of them will never legitimately see means they own too few pins and therefore no point of comparison with much worse pin code situations to see how great JJP code completeness and long term code suppoet is compared to Stern, or they just like to whine.

Got it.

#13803 4 years ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

It’s definitely been in the JJP game flow chart from the beginning and I think also the manual. Also there was this from This Week in Pinball on October 30, 2017:
"Pirates of the Caribbean New Info
As mentioned previously, Jersey Jack Pinball announced their newest game Pirates of the Caribbean at Expo. The game is packed with features and the response from the pinball community has been overwhelmingly positive. (Check out TWIP’s Deep Dive into the game here.) We reached out to Jersey Jack Pinball to find out some additional details:
The game will ship with the code at “Rules Complete” with all features included in the game (it was at around 20-30% at Expo)"
https://www.thisweekinpinball.com/twip-guardians-galaxy-rumor-round-jjp-pirates-new-info/

Wait hold up is it me or is it getting close to 3 years?

#13804 4 years ago
Quoted from GnarLee:

Wait hold up is it me or is it getting close to 3 years?

OMG. SINCE RELEASE. Nowhere close to 3 years. Just finally passed ONE year.

Any excuse to complain.

crash-and-burn1.gifcrash-and-burn1.gif
#13805 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

9 Months waiting is NOTHING in the Stern model (see: Batman '66, Munsters, Ghostbusters, any number of other gimped Stern releases that were/are terrible for a LOT longer than 9 months). So, basically the whiners complaining about a mode that 99% of them will never legitimately see means they own too few pins and therefore no point of comparison about how great JJP code completeness is compared to Stern or they just like to whine.
Got it.

And we praise JJP for being a cut above and why we pay a premium for them. Stern also releases many more games a year. Kinda hard to use that argument when JJP releases 1 a year.

#13806 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

9 Months waiting is NOTHING in the Stern model (see: Batman '66, Munsters, Ghostbusters, any number of other gimped Stern releases that were/are terrible for a LOT longer than 9 months). So, basically the whiners complaining about a mode that 99% of them will never legitimately see means they own too few pins and therefore no point of comparison with much worse pin code situations to see how great JJP code completeness and long term code suppoet is compared to Stern, or they just like to whine.
Got it.

Only thing I got is that you should try to get over yourself and your ego thinking your someone who can set the standards for everyone else. That part I got very clearly. I get that you’ve been around pinball way longer than most, but it just doesn’t matter when it comes to someone thinking a code update (any incremental update) is overdue.

#13807 4 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

Haven't posted regarding my game for a good while.
I started following the POTC thread way back in fall 2018. I read about the fixes, made sure to know what I was getting into, then decided to jump in and purchase around February 2019.
I got my game in March, waited for my Cliffys to arrive, then started to read about playfield issues.
Over the course of the past year, I've waited to gather as many protective parts, Cliffys, starposts, mylar rings, etc, and finally went in last night to finish up with mods, protective star posts, and the updated Cliffys.
I have only 100 games played on my POTC.
Last night upon first inspection, I found dimples scattered around the lower third of the game, the kind I expected on a routed game, with 1000's of games played on it monthly.
When taking apart the sling under the Pearl, a giant ring was under the star post, two other smaller ones under the regular posts. Later I found large ripples under the washer for the guiderail, then even an indentation under the metal rail right next to the Pearl VUK.
I know this isn't new info, I prior replaced the sling posts, seeing rippling there, as well as had a tear near the shooter lane. But I guess for me, I felt I staved playing my game, for nearly a year now, and felt I was doing so to prolong my game for decades to come.
Last night felt pretty heart breaking frankly, to realize nothing I can do to protect my favorite game of the last three decades, will help alter the complete state of fuckdom that this playfield has placed this entire game into.
It's just disheartening, disgusting, and saddening. And it all comes back to this cursed playfield, that all of us Pirates owners have to deal with.
Nothing much else to do at this point. This entire time I could have been playing daily. Instead I chose to find as many bandaids as possible, to place on a gaping wound, across an entire bleeding body.
This fucking sucks.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Personally, and I totally want to stress this is MY opinion and you're absolutely more than welcome to disagree, I think you're way overreacting... You can't see any of the spots you're calling out while playing the game so I just don't see what the issue is. It's not affecting gameplay either. You're allowing it to balloon into something way more than it is and you just need to relax a bit. I know I'm going to take some heat for saying that but... Yeah...

Jeff

#13808 4 years ago

Oh my gosh … common guys. We are all on the same side as consumers. We all want complete code for all of our pinball machines. We just have a different tolerance for "acceptable" time. We are not each others adversaries. Kiss and GB took a real long time. WOF still isn't completed. All of that really doesn't matter and isn't a argument. JJP wants to change that with Pat himself declaring (after JJPOTC) that games would ship code rules complete, but just not with all of the bells and whistles and light shows and call outs necessarily completed yet. That is what created this particular delay. Wonka was rules complete on delivery. JJP is still saying that #6 will not be shipped until the rules are code complete. They need to keep the production line moving and sell pinball machines. JJPOTC took an extra time hit because of that (in my opinion). They are starting to work on JJPOTC code again, it will be a big update with tons of hours spent on it (even if SOME people think otherwise), not just checking off that box, and they have always come through for us … yes for us. Once they get this update behind them, there will be (should be) no more JJP games made with incomplete code. Think about that. Is any other company committing to that? If you think they are, that would make me laugh … real hard. We really shouldn't be arguing (if that's what you call it) about this. It's definitely not abandoned as some had claimed/thought. Some of the update is at the testing stage. We should have some relief at that. Lets keep it calm, progress is being made once again.

#13809 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

So, basically the whiners complaining about a mode that 99% of them will never legitimately see means they own too few pins and therefore no point of comparison with much worse pin code situations
Got it.

I just caught you little quip. Not that its any of your f@#$%^& business but I choose to spend my money enjoying life over many hobbies. I'm a certified in Scuba and if I chose could become a divemaster and instructor at any time missing 2 maybe 3 classes. Ive raced 1/8 scale nitro r/c cars semi-professionally and raced at the worlds as an amateur. Can fly r/c drones helicopters airplanes. Went to college for computer science and hated it (so know a tiny bit about coding 1 semester). Decided couple months ago that I wanted to learn airplane mechanics so going to college for that now and am enrolled for 25 hours this semester. Plan of getting my pilots license after graduating ( getting 2 degrees in case you wanted to know) and will build a plane in my garage (hopefully will happen in 5-7 years) after getting mechanics license and pilot license. I have traveled half way across the world and many many place not half way across the world. Pick any one of the half dozen things I just listed pays in cash for your pinball machine that I dont have so I complain. I can sell 1 of my 4 sets of scuba gear (well 2 are mine 2 are sisters) and buy a pin. And yes I would have to sell something remember I'm taking 25 hours of college courses (scheduled for something like 85 in 19 months) so no job until school is complete. It is still early enough to cancel my school and buy a few pins idk

#13810 4 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

WOF still isn't completed. All of that really doesn't matter and isn't a argument.

WOF code isn't complete? Wow, did not know that. I better hold off buying one until Stern finishes the game. It's on my list.

#13811 4 years ago
Quoted from Time:

WOF code isn't complete? Wow, did not know that. I better hold off buying one until Stern finishes the game. It's on my list.

Lol That one WAS abandoned with no hope. It still plays okay with code that is available. You might as well take it off of your list if you won't be able to accept it that way.

#13812 4 years ago
Quoted from luckymoey:

Yes, I did it on numerous posts and under some guides across the playfield and it came out nearly perfect. It’s surprisingly easy and effective. The clear readily softens and flattens down. From my experience and everything else I’ve read, it also further cures the clear preventing the pooling from returning. Not sure installing mylar over the repaired areas is necessary (unless there is already chipping) but can't hurt. If you don’t address the pooling, it will eventually crack and chip.

Aw man, thanks for that bit of news on your end! After finding all of this stuff, new post issues I wasn't aware of, this is really reassuring to read! Made my night, as well as last night with you and Yelobird, and zaphX also!

Quoted from jeffro01:

Personally, and I totally want to stress this is MY opinion and you're absolutely more than welcome to disagree, I think you're way overreacting... You can't see any of the spots you're calling out while playing the game so I just don't see what the issue is. It's not affecting gameplay either. You're allowing it to balloon into something way more than it is and you just need to relax a bit. I know I'm going to take some heat for saying that but... Yeah...
Jeff

It's cool Jeff. We all have differing opinions, values, whatever. For me it's most disturbing as when I started to get back into pinball a few years back, JJP was by far the biggest eye opener to what could be done in modern pinball. June 2018, I went to the JJP plant, played POTC there as a prototype, and only dreamed of owning a game. So for me, seeing defects immediately occur, when I tried to prevent them years beyond them occurring, and the game being fully paid off, is pretty heart breaking.

I also don't have a huge friend circle, no wife, kids, etc, and my work is pretty mundane stuff, so pinball is presently my most involved form of daily escapism. For those reasons, this is a larger issue for me, than if it were just something in the background, tucked away in my basement.

Everyone is different.

#13813 4 years ago
Quoted from GnarLee:

If your giving out software for a beta test it should include all features (of said beta). This would create a situation where your beta testers say everything looks good then they push out update with other features as well that break the features the out of house guys said was good. The final wizard mode should include a little bit of everything. Or at least some reference to the 5 chapters. So the out of house guys say that the “normal stuff” looks good. The in house guys test the wizard mode and are happy but when you put them together a bunch of bugs pop up. Happens all the tome with software but is why developers allow you to run beta code. Bugs arenot found when you have 3 special people testing something. Bugs are found through brute force of thousands of users stress testing a program. You can also look at game developers. They give their game away for free months before release for stress testing and bug reporting to everyone (normally only for a few days). This gives them hundred of thousands instances to check code and fix anything major/minor. If new code is only in a few people’s hands you can believe there will be bugs some possibly game changing

I can complain too! Global warming! Indoor smokers! Nitrates!

There’s another code update after this one. Maybe chill.

#13814 4 years ago

It's amazing how one broken record can really spoil what should have been a coo reveal for owners.

Fwiw I am excited for this even partial update.

And even more excited if there are more surprises.

Life is too short to stress over everything. There is no shame in selling a game after 2k plays. Heck I owned a LOTR for a decade or so and maybe got halfway there.

And after I found myself not playing it I sold it. The world did not end.

#13815 4 years ago
Quoted from BC_Gambit:

It's amazing how one broken record can really spoil what should have been a coo reveal for owners.
Life is too short to stress over everything. There is no shame in selling a game after 2k plays. Heck I owned a LOTR for a decade or so and maybe got halfway there.

Many of us are excited and thankful for the update and having fun. I honestly envy GnarLee - he has serious skills to be able to get that close to the final wizard mode. Maybe he can teach me a thing or two at TPF!

#13816 4 years ago

I just want my promised playfield....

#13817 4 years ago
Quoted from GnarLee:

ok enough is enough. For all you that keep assuming I cannot do this. I will have 5 Wizard modes completed in 1 game by Sunday. Not sure how its hard to understand losing interest when ive been 2 chapters and 1 wizard mode away and know what lies beyond. Is there any special rules you would like to impose? Ive said before send me the streaming equipment and I will attempt to stream (live in country so internet isnt the greatest) this game for you. If not ill have a picture by Sunday.
*Edit Anybody know the first time they said game would be feature complete at launch?

I've done it once on route at SS Billiards. I'm sure there is someone, but I don't know of anyone else anywhere that has had them all lit in one game. The game is so feature packed and getting all the wizard modes lit is so much more the exception rather than the rule, I don't mind in the least waiting for the code update. Plus, who says that you will just have to play the wizard modes to get to Break The Curse, there was potential talk going round that you might have to actually complete them all to light that in which case I'd say good luck with that to anyone.
0a36a47cf6538e3b7242d181025bc83afd9050c0 (resized).jpg0a36a47cf6538e3b7242d181025bc83afd9050c0 (resized).jpg

#13818 4 years ago
Quoted from kidchrisso:

I just want my promised playfield....

And yet, maybe the delay is to prepare you for an experience not quite what you expect it to be...

Fantasty_Island (resized).jpgFantasty_Island (resized).jpg
#13819 4 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

Plus, who says that you will just have to play the wizard modes to get to Break The Curse, there was potential talk going round that you would have to actually complete them all to lit that in which case I'd say good luck with that to anyone.

I'm 100% expecting that you have to complete them all to get to Break the Curse. If you don't that will be disappointing. Maybe give a booby prize mode if you get all the movie modes but don't complete them, but to legit finish the game, you should be required to actually finish the game, not just get to each mode.

That's totally fine with me. When I finish a game, I usually lose interest in it for good. Happened many times before, and I don't like it.

#13820 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:Many of us are excited and thankful for the update and having fun. I honestly envy GnarLee - he has serious skills to be able to get that close to the final wizard mode. Maybe he can teach me a thing or two at TPF!

I play a lot of norrington. Some skills yes a lot of skills no. Ive had 2 close games glass on one norrington and one barbossa. barbossa was a luck game. Norrington game had a endless multiball for prolly 5 minutes. You can mindlessly complete a ton of chapters that way. I have not fully completed a wizard mode and made it through every shot. Have got fountain down to 7 or 8 loops and timed out. BP got 600 some odd pieces of gold ( this happened with the tortuga multiball during wiz mode bug) made it though the first of the 3 rounds for ost. have never flipped the ship and close only once. and im so tired i cant think of the 5th wiz mode. A month ago I was definetly going to TPF now it depends on what course work I have that weekend. Should know if I get to go in about a month

Quoted from BC_Gambit:

If me engaging in conversation is spoiling anything maybe JJP should not have let people stream the beta code. You think its the greatest update ever I respect that, but you should respect that what I have seen (got to watch a bit more of the streams today) in my opinion the update is lackluster. Maybe there is more hidden stuff prove me wrong. I mean they have time to program in cosmetics (which i truly do appreciate) but not time to get anything major done. Im not considering character changes major as character framework is already there tweaking code is different than creating code. for example it prolly was not that hard to make marty earn alot of gold or spawn in 1 gold increments only.

#13821 4 years ago

I have said it before and I will say it again....I absolutely love this game!! And yes I have made it to break the curse a couple times. My only small complaint is that if you didn’t have break the curse ready at least let me start over if I have a great game and work through some chapters again and maybe get to another movie wizard mode. When you “complete” Dialed In or really most games you start over. Besides shooting for points there is no reason to continue in pirates once you complete the 5 movie wizard modes. Really looking forward to that changing! Exciting times on the horizon!!

#13822 4 years ago

I just noticed something on my machine. The washer under the flasher by the shooter lane has what looks like an intentional deletion of a wedge on it. It seems like that style washer might have been a good idea under the ball guide by the shooter lane. I’m wondering if that’s what was intended but they got reversed in assembly. It doesn’t seem like there would be a need for that style on the flasher post, but definitely a need for it to keep the shooter wire clear. Here are pics of the two washers. I might try swapping their spots.

D248FFBA-B3B6-4D50-B6D3-6EE782DB3DF6 (resized).jpegD248FFBA-B3B6-4D50-B6D3-6EE782DB3DF6 (resized).jpegF8ACAAB6-0048-4E27-9132-47033167A3FE (resized).jpegF8ACAAB6-0048-4E27-9132-47033167A3FE (resized).jpeg
#13823 4 years ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

I just noticed something on my machine. The washer under the flasher by the shooter lane has what looks like an intentional deletion of a wedge on it. It seems like that style washer might have been a good idea under the ball guide by the shooter lane. I’m wondering if that’s what was intended but they got reversed in assembly. It doesn’t seem like there would be a need for that style on the flasher post, but definitely a need for it to keep the shooter wire clear. Here are pics of the two washers. I might try swapping their spots.[quoted image][quoted image]

Be careful of that shooter lane washer. Mine didn't have one, and when I pulled it up to place a washer, that's where it tore. So there's a good chance the washer itself, from the rail pressure, might have sunk in a bit into the playfield.

#13824 4 years ago

On a positive note, I finally got done building my topper and I think it came out pretty sweet. Also added couple things to make the game my own so it doesn't look like everyone elses. The topper is made from a kit I bought on ebay made out of wood and it took about a month to build and paint. But mostly those strings for the sail probably took majority of time. It's kinda funny that for how long I've been lurking on this site, I've never actually posted any pics of my pins on pinside before so here it is. Thanks for looking and all criticism are welcome.

IMG_0186 (resized).jpgIMG_0186 (resized).jpgIMG_0182 (resized).jpgIMG_0182 (resized).jpgIMG_0183 (resized).jpgIMG_0183 (resized).jpgIMG_0184 (resized).jpgIMG_0184 (resized).jpg
#13825 4 years ago
Quoted from V4Vendetta:

On a positive note, I finally got done building my topper and I think it came out pretty sweet. Also added couple things to make the game my own so it doesn't look like everyone elses. The topper is made from a kit I bought on ebay made out of wood and it took about a month to build and paint. But mostly those strings for the sail probably took majority of time. It's kinda funny that for how long I've been lurking on this site, I've never actually posted any pics of my pins on pinside before so here it is. Thanks for looking and all criticism are welcome.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

That looks amazing! Fits in with the look of the machine perfectly!!

#13826 4 years ago
Quoted from V4Vendetta:

On a positive note, I finally got done building my topper and I think it came out pretty sweet. Also added couple things to make the game my own so it doesn't look like everyone elses. The topper is made from a kit I bought on ebay made out of wood and it took about a month to build and paint. But mostly those strings for the sail probably took majority of time. It's kinda funny that for how long I've been lurking on this site, I've never actually posted any pics of my pins on pinside before so here it is. Thanks for looking and all criticism are welcome.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Awesome job! Where did you find that monkey?

#13827 4 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

Forget the monkey, where did you find the Skelton pirate?! That is awesome

#13828 4 years ago

Agreed. That pirate skeleton on your spinning pop bumper is the best that I've seen. I assume it is Jack Sparrow's alter ego...I'd love to replace my Jack figure with that one. Too cool!

#13830 4 years ago

Yeah, but I think this one is different no? This one has legs. Not sure if they are the same or not. Are they? Both look great tho

#13831 4 years ago

Love that pirate ship and Kudos on the skeleton jack!!

#13832 4 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

Yeah, but I think this one is different no? This one has legs. Not sure if they are the same or not. Are they? Both look great tho

It's the monkey that comes with this figure...

ebay.com link: Pirates of the Caribbean Barbossa Monkey Jack 7 in Figure Series 1

#13833 4 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

I think it comes in a figure Pirates of the Caribbean Barbossa & Monkey Jack 7 in Figure NECA NEW Series 1. You can find it here on EBay: ebay.com link: Pirates of the Caribbean Barbossa Monkey Jack 7 in Figure NECA NEW Series 1

#13834 4 years ago

Thanks guys!

#13835 4 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

It's the monkey that comes with this figure...
ebay.com link » Pirates Of The Caribbean Barbossa Monkey Jack 7 In Figure Series 1

Great, the price of that set is going up now $100 by Christmas.

#13836 4 years ago
Quoted from V4Vendetta:

Wow, that ship looks GREAT, and the monkey is a nice detail.

#13837 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

nd the monkey is a nice detail.

We still need an undead monkey.

LTG : )

#13838 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

First world problems.

#13839 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

And then an undead monkey....video!

Quoted from PinMonk:

First world problems.

First world afterlife problems.

#13840 4 years ago

First off just wanted to share i replaced the Shooter rod spring with a stronger one from pinball life. And my plunger performs perfectly now. I read through some people having issues. I did the same things tried adjusting, disassembling etc etc. I just made sure i was close to lined up correctly and replaced the spring and bingo. Plunges great now.

Now to the negative

Between the code complainers and the JJP Has to remake Pirates people this thread sucks anymore. i just read through 20 pages of catch up material and most of it was that crap.

1st to the "i beat the game easy guy". Id love to see your game set up. And of course you cant possibly record a game because you live on another planet apparently. Do you have a smartPhone? lol
Between outlane posts, tilt bobs, and game settings games can play much easier.

And everything we have heard, from reputable sources, says Pirates will not be remade at any point in the foreseeable future. For other reasons other than money. So stop with all this speculation. Its been discussed over and over again with the same comments. If you want the game find an owner and make offers.

PS i dont know about you guys but watching Karl spam for gold was hilariously entertaining. Im not sure the value of that will stay in the game past the beta though. But my son would go crazy for that feature. Im excited for whatever updates they have in store for us. The final wizard mode will come.

#13841 4 years ago
Quoted from bgwilly31:

First off just wanted to share i replaced the Shooter rod spring with a stronger one from pinball life. And my plunger performs perfectly now. I read through some people having issues. I did the same things tried adjusting, disassembling etc etc. I just made sure i was close to lined up correctly and replaced the spring and bingo. Plunges great now.
Now to the negative
Between the code complainers and the JJP Has to remake Pirates people this thread sucks anymore. i just read through 20 pages of catch up material and most of it was that crap.
1st to the "i beat the game easy guy". Id love to see your game set up. And of course you cant possibly record a game because you live on another planet apparently. Do you have a smartPhone? lol
And everything we have heard, from reputable sources, says Pirates will not be remade at any point in the foreseeable future. For other reasons other than money. So stop with all this speculation. Its been discussed over and over again with the same comments. If you want the game find an owner and make offers.
PS i dont know about you guys but watching Karl spam for gold was hilariously entertaining. Im not sure the value of that will stay in the game past the beta though. But my son would go crazy for that feature. Im excited for whatever updates they have in store for us. The final wizard mode will come.

I absolutely don’t believe anybody’s made it to Break the Curse on anything other than 5 ball, get unlimited extra balls every 15 points and LOTS of time. Those mini-wizard modes are HARD.

I’m super impressed with all the little touches in the updates though, beyond the character changes. Can’t wait to check it OUT!!!

#13842 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

He needs to get GnR out the door and see how that does, so that's where his forward energy is going right now. Understandable, but I think another jjPotC run will happen, just not at the same price point.

Considering the lowered Wonka after POTC, I would hope they don't try to jack up POTC on a rerun. It was already higher than the current game. Either way, I do hope for more to be run at some point. I'm a patient man.

#13843 4 years ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

Considering the lowered Wonka after POTC, I would hope they don't try to jack up POTC on a rerun. It was already higher than the current game. Either way, I do hope for more to be run at some point. I'm a patient man.

Lowered Wonka is the stripped down version. The LEs were the same price AFAIK.

#13844 4 years ago
Quoted from bgwilly31:

Now to the negative

Not sure how I conveyed that getting there was easy. In fact I’ve stated multiple times that I have got close a grand total of 2 times in 3k+ games and one of those times was luck. Contrary to popular belief there are huge chunks of America that either do not have internet or have the equivalent internet of 10+ years ago. I do have a smartphone but how exactly do you propose I record? Where do I put the phone so you can see what’s going on? Do I have to call out every time I start a chapter Or do something? Last I checked I cant put multiple inputs into my phone. Then when I get this 45 min long video how do I upload it to the tube on an 8mbps internet? Not worth doing if not doing right. Picture should be sufficient. 3 balls. Extra ball for points at 1-2mil depending. Occasional light extra ball from map. Extra ball light for 20 star map collects. And the super rare extra ball off special. Tilt bob could be a little tighter.

#13845 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Lowered Wonka is the stripped down version. The LEs were the same price AFAIK.

Oh yeah, you're right. It was the SE that went down to 7500 vs POTC SE at 8500.

#13846 4 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

I absolutely don’t believe anybody’s made it to Break the Curse on anything other than 5 ball, get unlimited extra balls every 15 points and LOTS of time. Those mini-wizard modes are HARD.
I’m super impressed with all the little touches in the updates though, beyond the character changes. Can’t wait to check it OUT!!!

Same, plus we don't know what the requirement will be to reach Break the Curse. "Simply" attempting all 5 wizard modes in a standard 3 ball game at default settings will be difficult enough. If the requirement is to beat all 5 wizard modes I think that will be impossible to reach by even the best players on a game of a lifetime. I wouldn't be surprised if attempting all 5 wizard modes unlocks it and then your scoring in the wizard modes affects Break the Curse scoring.

On a side note there's a huge difference like you said between playing a game at default 3 ball settings and playing 3 ball with modified extra ball score awards and or 5 ball (or 10 lol). A cousin of mine has owned a LOTR since I believe 2003, has over 5,000 plays by himself on it and has reached Valinor twice (took 10 years the first time) on default 3 ball settings. To this day I've only heard of 1 person reaching Somewhere Over the Rainbow on WOZ at default 3 ball settings. There and Back Again on Hobbit? I don't think I've heard of anyone reaching it yet. Keith's super wizard modes are extremely difficult to reach but that's how it should be. Keith once described reaching his mid wizard modes as having a great game and then reaching a super wizard mode on a game of a lifetime. I love that there's always something to unlock and go after with Keith's rulesets even after years and thousands of plays of owning the game.

#13847 4 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Same, plus we don't know what the requirement will be to reach Break the Curse. "Simply" attempting all 5 wizard modes in a standard 3 ball game at default settings will be difficult enough. If the requirement is to beat all 5 wizard modes I think that will be impossible to reach by even the best players on a game of a lifetime. I wouldn't be surprised if attempting all 5 wizard modes unlocks it and then your scoring in the wizard modes affects Break the Curse scoring.
On a side note there's a huge difference like you said between playing a game at default 3 ball settings and playing 3 ball with modified extra ball score awards and or 5 ball (or 10 lol). A cousin of mine has owned a LOTR since I believe 2003, has over 5,000 plays by himself on it and has reached Valinor twice (took 10 years the first time) on default 3 ball settings. To this day I've only heard of 1 person reaching Somewhere Over the Rainbow on WOZ at default 3 ball settings. There and Back Again on Hobbit? I don't think I've heard of anyone reaching it yet. Keith's super wizard modes are extremely difficult to reach but that's how it should be. Keith once described reaching his mid wizard modes as having a great game and then reaching a super wizard mode on a game of a lifetime. I love that there's always something to unlock and go after with Keith's rulesets even after years and thousands of plays of owning the game.

If completion of all 5 is required then they may as well just say the mode is there but not actually put it in. No one would ever know. Of course, someone would pull the glass just to see it I guess, but for real no one gets there. Agree with all above.

#13848 4 years ago

Hey guys and/or harryhoudini , does anyone know how to properly install Harry's Star Field map mod? I have an SE and I bought the lighted version. I assume I just use the double sided tape to adhere the LED plastic to the star field plastic and then bend it into place and install like normal? Only other question is where to pull power for the lights on an SE? I watched the videos so I know the basic installation, but I didn't see that it covers the lights at all, so any help would be super appreciated. Thanks!

On a side note, my Tortgua has started throwing it down the middle the majority of the time. I boosted the coil up to 28 even in the menu and it will still do it. I would like for it to kick out to the left flipper like I know it should. Any ideas for a fix there instead of dropping power to have it go to the right flipper?

#13849 4 years ago
Quoted from bgwilly31:

First off just wanted to share i replaced the Shooter rod spring with a stronger one from pinball life. And my plunger performs perfectly now. ...

What color spring did you install?

#13850 4 years ago

To address my “good” games...flat out I am NOT a purist. I want to get as far as possible. So I play 5 ball games and am happy for all extra ball opportunities that come my way. I have played all the wizard modes multiple times however while I have activated all the wizard modes I have never beat all the wizard modes. Dead men and stranger tides are really tough. So if you have to beat all the wizard modes to get to break the curse that may be the impossible dream. My opinion ......and on the internet it is the minority opinion....but celebrate news of good games and congratulate people rather than discount and run down their accomplishments because they didn’t get it done your way. You are able to change game settings for a reason.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 41.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Wanted
$ 32.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 24.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 49.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

24,999 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Frisco, TX
Playfield - Protection
Pin Monk

Flipper Parts
FlipMods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios

Machine - For Sale
Smithtown, NY
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Vernon, BC
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 18,885 posts in this topic. You are on page 277 of 378.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-pirates-of-the-caribbean-official-owners-and-fan-club/page/277 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.