(Topic ID: 200141)

JJP Pirates of the Caribbean Official Owners and Fan Club!

By goren1818

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 18,868 posts
  • 633 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 30 hours ago by gunstarhero
  • Topic is favorited by 284 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240330_165232 (resized).jpg
POTC_Mods_annotated (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2024-03-29 at 12.02.54 PM (resized).png
17117301082711484468150429261795 (resized).jpg
20240329_160033 (resized).jpg
431321214_1110342276953195_8816628931148154685_n (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223442061 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223435586 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240204_044856660.MP (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240203-170723 (resized).png
PXL_20240128_214506994 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240128_224833483.MP (resized).jpg
IMG_0980 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0982 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0981 (resized).jpeg
download (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

20 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,868 posts in this topic. You are on page 274 of 378.
#13651 4 years ago

Anyone know how many spins around the inner orbit it takes to re-qualify On Stranger Tides (Movie 4) multiball after the first time you play it? It's bugged me for a long time noticing that a lot of shots don't advance that multiball and I took the glass off and tested it tonight. First time through all shots advanced it and only had to cross the first opto. But after running the multiball I sent about 5 or 6 more balls around the inner orbit and while they registered for qualifying a chapter and made the sound effect for the shot, they never advanced the multiball. Does it take a bunch more shots around that orbit to re-qualify the multiball? This has bugged me for a long time now but I only finally decided to stop and investigate tonight. I looked at the Game Settings and there's a difficulty level setting for that multiball but it doesn't have any information about what the setting means. The manual on page B-34 doesn't give any detail on the setting either. Anyone know?

#13652 4 years ago

Edit: realized you’re asking about the second time. So I’m not sure.

#13653 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

That's not accurate. Games started to flow in October of 2018. By February 2019, the LEs were already starting to constrict - people who wanted them could only get CE's (happened to two people I know.). Shortly thereafter those also dried up.
POTC was effectively "hard to get" by late March 2019, save for ops hoarding them and this cache of (surprisingly) unsold Australian units returning to the states.
This whole POTC fiasco is our own fault, and that includes me. The Pinside hivemind turned against the game when 2 mechs were nerfed. Complaints about the disc artwork happened, deposits got pulled, etc. If I were JJP, I would cut my parts orders and truncate the run too given that kind of market force. It's a damned shame because it's one of the best pins made in recent memory and IMO will stand the test of time as one of the greats for years to come. It deserved the benefit of the doubt when the mechs were nerfed, and it deserved a much larger run than it received.
This should be a lesson to us all as a community about giving a game a chance - by actually playing it - before rallying the troops and shitting on it.
In fact - here's a crazy idea - if you don't like a game maybe consider not shitting on it at all? Just don't buy it and STFU.

bought my LE nib from pinballs.com in late march and he still had 1-2 after my sale. There was another place in Canada I found a LE nib but went with the US company, well because I'm from the US. I would say late April early May when they started to become hard to find nib. Then wanna say it was Aug/Sep that we started seeing the nib popping up on the marketplace from private sellers

#13654 4 years ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

Anyone know how many spins around the inner orbit it takes to re-qualify On Stranger Tides (Movie 4) multiball after the first time you play it? It's bugged me for a long time noticing that a lot of shots don't advance that multiball and I took the glass off and tested it tonight. First time through all shots advanced it and only had to cross the first opto. But after running the multiball I sent about 5 or 6 more balls around the inner orbit and while they registered for qualifying a chapter and made the sound effect for the shot, they never advanced the multiball. Does it take a bunch more shots around that orbit to re-qualify the multiball? This has bugged me for a long time now but I only finally decided to stop and investigate tonight. I looked at the Game Settings and there's a difficulty level setting for that multiball but it doesn't have any information about what the setting means. The manual on page B-34 doesn't give any detail on the setting either. Anyone know?

I believe you can look up the number it requires second time around in game settings. One of the screens lets you change the req for multiballs. For example Tortuga is 50, 100, 150 repeating. You could change that to 25, 50, 100 if you wanted. Pretty sure there is settings for all the multiballs in there. If I remember right it should be 8 loops for the first mb. If I was to bet I would bet that the second time around is 16 loops. Every multiball I can think of the req double after the first go

#13655 4 years ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

I recall reading in some documentation that the loops are only counted when they are non-consecutive. I take this to mean some other switch needs to be hit in between. I sometimes hit the bumpers while trying to do the loop consistently, which I believe allows it to count toward the total.

#13656 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

That's not accurate. Games started to flow in October of 2018. By February 2019, the LEs were already starting to constrict - people who wanted them could only get CE's (happened to two people I know.). Shortly thereafter those also dried up.
POTC was effectively "hard to get" by late March 2019, save for ops hoarding them and this cache of (surprisingly) unsold Australian units returning to the states.
This whole POTC fiasco is our own fault, and that includes me. The Pinside hivemind turned against the game when 2 mechs were nerfed. Complaints about the disc artwork happened, deposits got pulled, etc. If I were JJP, I would cut my parts orders and truncate the run too given that kind of market force. It's a damned shame because it's one of the best pins made in recent memory and IMO will stand the test of time as one of the greats for years to come. It deserved the benefit of the doubt when the mechs were nerfed, and it deserved a much larger run than it received.
This should be a lesson to us all as a community about giving a game a chance - by actually playing it - before rallying the troops and shitting on it.
In fact - here's a crazy idea - if you don't like a game maybe consider not shitting on it at all? Just don't buy it and STFU.

What he said^^^^^
I was in that boat of waiting to see what happened with the two mechs and literally just trying to find one and play it. I told myself after buying X-men sight unseen that I would never buy another pin without having at least played it a few times. By the time I found one and played it the nib games had all dried up. Distribution was nonexistent. I was lucky enough to find a basically nib standard locally a month or so ago. However JJP cutting production so quickly on a game that had just started to find a foothold and sell really surprised me. I’m in the group that hopes for a remake but deep down if I’m honest...probably not going to happen.

#13657 4 years ago

Honestly the biggest thing that would probably hold back another run of POTC is licensing. I’m guessing the license is up on the game so if Jack wanted to make more he would have to redo the license. I thought I recall him at TPF last year saying they had like 1 year left? I could be mistaken.

If they had the parts and decided to do another small run, I’d buy some new LE version for up to $11k so long as all other physical mechs remained the same or better. I don’t care if I have to tweak the game. It’s worth it.

#13658 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

The point is that in that year the sales were not slow and spotty all year, sputtering along. The interest level for the general pin community was around 3/10, maybe 4/10 for most of that year, which made sales VERY SLOW. However, interest accelerated to 8/10 or more the last 3 months or so before NIB supply mostly dried up, and then was cut off abruptly while there was substantial, still increasing interest in buying one by an ever-expanding group as awareness of the machine's actual real-world awesomeness grew.
So saying it took a year to move 1000 is misleading, because rather than sputtering all year and then tapering off to a halt, interest and demand was catching fire at the very end as more people were exposed to the actual machine, but AFTER JJP had already scheduled the end of manufacturing. The crazy pricing we're seeing now is just the afterburn of that demand that's still there, with most late-arriving hopefuls now priced out of ever having one. There's EASILY YBR level sales left to pick up, but probably more like 2x-3x YBR sales, or more.

I saw one on route here as early as August last year, and another probably September, October. I'd imagine there are far more home owners than routed one's, so these were obviously being shipped and out in the world, not hidden in some cave in the middle east never to be discovered.

Stern devours so much of the market, and JJP has production issues to get up to full speed at times. I see those two as more at hand than even indifference towards the game.

If people wanted to play this game, it was out there, not hidden. Wonka had similar initial backlash too. JJP games arrive with insanely robust code and features, get torn apart for what users don't see. Stern ships barebone code, still sells shit tons.

This is the markets fault, not ours or jjp's. Stern loyalists exist, and are detrimental possibly in not just spreading bad word of mouth on JJP games, but also worse yet, never being willing to buy them.

#13659 4 years ago
Quoted from Time:

No expects LE's to go back on the line. If re-made, JJP would make new 11.5-12.5K special edition pirates in limited numbers (Maybe 100). You really think that's a worse idea than an 11.5k Yellow Brick Road Edition the seven year old WOZ? Who was asking for that?

This is confusing to me! How many LE’s did Jack say would be built when this game was released? If that numbers has not been met and he decided to resume the games production why would he not just build the rest of the LE’s?

#13660 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

That's a bit extreme.

Honestly, like I said above, I feel the shitposts come from people that would never consider buying JJP, most of all. That kind of mindset feels so determined, spiteful, vindictive. I wish people that never intended to buy, would not chase a game down, thread to thread, trying to kill it.

But people do need to have rational critical responses. Rarely in life do people surmise those thoughts, then leave them be. It's always got to be a battle of will attrition. My view is better than yours, more write, so I'll post again till you understand that. That's my biggest issue with pinside, not criticism, but ego dominance.

A game I thought got blasted ridiculously last year was Black Knight. That game got hounded. It's simple, basic, yet competent and fun. For as indifferent as I am regarding Stern games, man that got shit on. Munsters had, sadly, good reasons to get blasted....

Oktobefest, man that was another case of getting shelled by posters, podcasts, etc. Game never had a chance, and is as mechanically robust as any other release last year, maybe even more than Wonka.

POTC at least had loyal fans and owners fight for it. It eventually had incredible word of mouth. And the existing stock sold through fairly quickly, tough mech and playfield issues aside.

This game dying, has to be more a matter of BOM, and JJP wanting to take steps forward, rather than back. I doubt, but hope, that Eric's next game will be as robust feature wise as Pirates. Doubt it though....as Wonka clearly was a step back.

Pirates. Too pricey for it's own good. Too good to not have 2000 units out there....

#13661 4 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

This is confusing to me! How many LE’s did Jack say would be built when this game was released? If that numbers has not been met and he decided to resume the games production why would he not just build the rest of the LE’s?

There was no LE limit to my knowledge. JJ LE's map to Stern Premiums. The CEs are Stern LEs and are limited. When he re-runs it, they'll be LEs, and likely YBR pricing. He can take the edge off that sting by getting giant Jack Sparrowface reduced on the playfield and making it a cast montage of the key players, or maybe even the skull and crossbones from the backglass. Wouldn't hurt as much to pay $2k more than the initial LE run if you're getting a perk in a slightly different playfield and hopefully cooler art package tweak that puts it between the original LE and the CE. And at $11,500 for an LE, there's no way even a short run of 400-500 more units would not be profitable.

#13662 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

There was no LE limit to my knowledge. JJ LE's map to Stern Premiums. The CEs are Stern LEs and are limited. When he re-runs it, they'll be LEs, and likely YBR pricing. He can take the edge off that sting by getting giant Jack Sparrowface reduced on the playfield and making it a cast montage of the key players, or maybe even the skull and crossbones from the backglass. Wouldn't hurt as much to pay $2k more than the initial LE run if you're getting a perk in a slightly different playfield and hopefully cooler art package tweak that puts it between the original LE and the CE. And at $11,500 for an LE, there's no way even a short run of 400-500 more units would not be profitable.

It's really puzzling to me the kickback on these threads about doing more. If they have to order parts anyhow to support the existing games, including quite a few LE playfields, still pending, why not do a larger run? I'm sure they are thinking about it. Jack told me in person recently, no plans on the table, but maybe down the line. To me that means the door is open.

#13663 4 years ago
Quoted from dts:

It's really puzzling to me the kickback on these threads about doing more. If they have to order parts anyhow to support the existing games, including quite a few LE playfields, still pending, why not do a larger run? I'm sure they are thinking about it. Jack told me in person recently, no plans on the table, but maybe down the line. To me that means the door is open.

He needs to get GnR out the door and see how that does, so that's where his forward energy is going right now. Understandable, but I think another jjPotC run will happen, just not at the same price point.

#13664 4 years ago

Well I need another one back in my collection someday, that’s all I know.

#13665 4 years ago

Checking feverishly every other day for code updates, but.. no

#13666 4 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

I recall reading in some documentation that the loops are only counted when they are non-consecutive. I take this to mean some other switch needs to be hit in between. I sometimes hit the bumpers while trying to do the loop consistently, which I believe allows it to count toward the total.

I just did a bunch more glass off testing sending the ball around with my hand. After running On Stranger Tides multiball once, I wasn't able to advance progress for it again until all other multiballs had also been run once. I was tapping targets and shooting other main shots in between inner loops, and it was registering those inner loop shots for scoring and playing chapters but it wouldn't advance the multiball progress.

However, once I ran the other 4 multiballs I was able to get it to start advancing On Stranger Tides again. But even that came with a catch. It would only advance if a shot was sent through the chest lane before an inner loop shot. I'd tap targets and send it through other main shots before the inner loop, but it wouldn't advance. The only way it seemed to advance was if the chest lane in particular was hit before making the inner loop. By doing that I got it to advance to the next to last position, and then it seemed like there was another catch because suddenly when trying to advance to the last step it wasn't enough to hit the chest lane before the inner loop. I had to fiddle with hitting a bunch more shots before the inner loop finally advanced the MB to the last step. It might have been that all other main shots needed to be hit before advancing that last step though the inner loop, but I'm not sure.

#13667 4 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

That's a bit extreme.
Honestly, like I said above, I feel the shitposts come from people that would never consider buying JJP, most of all. That kind of mindset feels so determined, spiteful, vindictive. I wish people that never intended to buy, would not chase a game down, thread to thread, trying to kill it.
But people do need to have rational critical responses. Rarely in life do people surmise those thoughts, then leave them be. It's always got to be a battle of will attrition. My view is better than yours, more write, so I'll post again till you understand that. That's my biggest issue with pinside, not criticism, but ego dominance.
A game I thought got blasted ridiculously last year was Black Knight. That game got hounded. It's simple, basic, yet competent and fun. For as indifferent as I am regarding Stern games, man that got shit on. Munsters had, sadly, good reasons to get blasted....
Oktobefest, man that was another case of getting shelled by posters, podcasts, etc. Game never had a chance, and is as mechanically robust as any other release last year, maybe even more than Wonka.
POTC at least had loyal fans and owners fight for it. It eventually had incredible word of mouth. And the existing stock sold through fairly quickly, tough mech and playfield issues aside.
This game dying, has to be more a matter of BOM, and JJP wanting to take steps forward, rather than back. I doubt, but hope, that Eric's next game will be as robust feature wise as Pirates. Doubt it though....as Wonka clearly was a step back.
Pirates. Too pricey for it's own good. Too good to not have 2000 units out there....

Yeah, I don't get why people waste time and effort in a thread repeating the same things over and over about why they don't like a machine and even arguing/debating with people who do like it. It just doesn't make any sense. In the past year there have been a lot of games introduced and only one grabbed my attention as a game I'd like to have in my basement, but I felt zero desire or need to chime in on any threads about the other games to let people know a machine wasn't one I'd be looking to buy. I don't understand what someone doing that thinks he/she is going to accomplish or what they get out of doing it.

#13668 4 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

That's a bit extreme.

So confused by your post. You state zaphX statement is "a bit extreme" then you basically reiterate Exactly what he said? lol Just with lots more words. And furthermore in my opinion Munsters and Octoberfest were not pushed aside because they were as you say "mechanically robust", they were simply Bad Games! I bought and sold both as did Many and felt almost robbed at the loss of time and money. But thats how I felt. As I do agree with zaphX I didn't however make it my life mission to crap on the game for others I simply moved on.

#13669 4 years ago
Quoted from dts:

It's really puzzling to me the kickback on these threads about doing more.

I’d just hope that it’s finally a jjp machine that retains its value. I know it’s a selfish intention.

All other ones I’ve had I’ve always lost money on. Even better quality jjp machines Vs stern counterparts just don’t retain their value the same. Exact reason I didn’t get a wonka.

With less numbers, great game play and collector demand then *maybe* (crosses fingers) they’ll hold most of their value in the next few years.

#13670 4 years ago

If.... you have a history in Pinball you should know that Bally/ Williams back in the day used proto and early production models to test gameplay and reliability. On many machines mechs were removed or redesigned. This used to be business as usual.
Finally in 2017 JJP did the same with Pirates and the outcome was to remove/adjust 2 mechs.
I, like any pinball fan, was dissapointed at first, especially about the removal of the tripple, illuminated, bi-directional spinning discs. But it took me only 0.01 second to realise there was still a hell of a Pinball machine left. And it surprised me I seemed to be a great minority: many pinheads condemned JJP for doing what B&W used to do with every title: test it first.
Whatever the reasons are or were to not produce more: Pirates is my nr.1. Probably for the next decade or more. Close 2nd is Alien, which I acquired a few month ago. Minimal collection of 2, maximum fun factor for me.

#13671 4 years ago
Quoted from koops:

I’d just hope that it’s finally a jjp machine that retains its value. I know it’s a selfish intention.
All other ones I’ve had I’ve always lost money on. Even better quality jjp machines Vs stern counterparts just don’t retain their value the same. Exact reason I didn’t get a wonka.
With less numbers, great game play and collector demand then *maybe* (crosses fingers) they’ll hold most of their value in the next few years.

Unfortunately the best way to go into this hobby (like most hobby's) is to assume you will loose money. Like wine or art every once in a crazy blue moon a fun purchase will increase in value but for the most part you should buy to enjoy or share with friends/family. From what I have seen though JJP as a whole actually hold a fair long term Minimal loss.

#13672 4 years ago
Quoted from Maurice:

If.... you have a history in Pinball you should know that Bally/ Williams back in the day used proto and early production models to test gameplay and reliability. On many machines mechs were removed or redesigned. This used to be business as usual.
Finally in 2017 JJP did the same with Pirates and the outcome was to remove/adjust 2 mechs.
I, like any pinball fan, was dissapointed at first, especially about the removal of the tripple, illuminated, bi-directional spinning discs. But it took me only 0.01 second to realise there was still a hell of a Pinball machine left. And it surprised me I seemed to be a great minority: many pinheads condemned JJP for doing what B&W used to do with every title: test it first.
Whatever the reasons are or were to not produce more: Pirates is my nr.1. Probably for the next decade or more. Close 2nd is Alien, which I acquired a few month ago. Minimal collection of 2, maximum fun factor for me.

99% agree with you only 1 minor mistake was they were taking Orders and deposits on what was shown played. If like (dare I say it....) Deeproot they made it clear this is Only a prototype we are simply play testing I Think the tone and expectations may have been lower. Thats just how I seen it and my deposit anyway.

#13673 4 years ago

So with all the interest in a new run of Pirates we will see another run of WOZ!!

#13674 4 years ago
Quoted from unlockpinball:

So with all the interest in a new run of Pirates we will see another run of WOZ!!

Jack calls Woz his "evergreen" pin, and I believe it. They'll be making WoZ for a long time, even if the gaps between runs get longer as JJP portfolio expands.

#13675 4 years ago
Quoted from koops:

You want to make money on a pin, easy. Sell your Pirates right now.

#13676 4 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

So confused by your post. You state zaphX statement is "a bit extreme" then you basically reiterate Exactly what he said? lol Just with lots more words. And furthermore in my opinion Munsters and Octoberfest were not pushed aside because they were as you say "mechanically robust", they were simply Bad Games! I bought and sold both as did Many and felt almost robbed at the loss of time and money. But thats how I felt. As I do agree with zaphX I didn't however make it my life mission to crap on the game for others I simply moved on.

I stated Munsters had good reasons to get blasted. Incredible art. Code that didn't relate to the game at all, features that were bate bare mechanically, and man I've seen some fogged up lower playfields.... Eek.

I mean, regarding zaphX contrary to what he says. As in, let people express negative viewpoints, that's fine, more than fine, but dedicated sandbagging on multiple threads, isn't. It's one thing to be vehement about how you feel about a game, it's another to actively picket it on multiple threads, over and over again. But...if you feel a game is crap, we shouldn't be thankful it was simply produced....which is what I feel he was implying, we should critically express viewpoints, leave it at that, and not buy the game.

On the subject of POTC, it was never crap, and never under value, for what the price was, it was simply a victim of production issues, and again, most likely a distancing of licensing....due to the shitbagging, (from what sounds unfair to me) of Johnny Depp. He was a hot ticket, then cancer due to #metoo. That and high BOM, = dead POTC production.

Yanno, you and zaphX, have like 1/250 Pirates currently. Talk about a Pirate's Booty!

Side note, Oktoberfest isn't a bad game. It's just peculiar, theme unfriendly, and suffered from a controversy involving the monkey backglass, long timeframe for release, and then initial shitty animations. I'd rank it up there top 3 releases with JP2, Wonka, and itself. That said, last year wasn't a stellar year, compared to the prior year.

#13677 4 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

Yanno, you and zaphX, have like 1/250 Pirates currently. Talk about a Pirate's Booty!

At the moment I’m sitting on 0.2% of the POTC supply.

#13678 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

At the moment I’m sitting on 0.2% of the POTC supply.

I was meaning to ask, are you keeping both?

If so....

images (9) (resized).jpegimages (9) (resized).jpeg
#13679 4 years ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

I just did a bunch more glass off testing sending the ball around with my hand. After running On Stranger Tides multiball once, I wasn't able to advance progress for it again until all other multiballs had also been run once. I was tapping targets and shooting other main shots in between inner loops, and it was registering those inner loop shots for scoring and playing chapters but it wouldn't advance the multiball progress.
However, once I ran the other 4 multiballs I was able to get it to start advancing On Stranger Tides again. But even that came with a catch. It would only advance if a shot was sent through the chest lane before an inner loop shot. I'd tap targets and send it through other main shots before the inner loop, but it wouldn't advance. The only way it seemed to advance was if the chest lane in particular was hit before making the inner loop. By doing that I got it to advance to the next to last position, and then it seemed like there was another catch because suddenly when trying to advance to the last step it wasn't enough to hit the chest lane before the inner loop. I had to fiddle with hitting a bunch more shots before the inner loop finally advanced the MB to the last step. It might have been that all other main shots needed to be hit before advancing that last step though the inner loop, but I'm not sure.

This is great investigation. I need more info. Code seems iffy here.

#13680 4 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

I was meaning to ask, are you keeping both?
If so.... [quoted image]

Np, I have a buyer lined up for the LE.

#13681 4 years ago
Quoted from Time:

You want to make money on a pin, easy. Sell your Pirates right now.

I’d be lucky to get back the same what I paid for my pirates in Australia. I watched a couple up for sale take a surprisingly long time to sell for about $1k below retail. I’m not looking to make money. Much easier ways than buying and selling pins.

I lost $3k on my hobbit.
I’ve so far lost atleast $2k, if not more, on dialed in.

Quoted from Yelobird:

Unfortunately the best way to go into this hobby (like most hobby's) is to assume you will loose money. Like wine or art every once in a crazy blue moon a fun purchase will increase in value but for the most part you should buy to enjoy or share with friends/family. From what I have seen though JJP as a whole actually hold a fair long term Minimal loss.

I came in assuming I’d lose *some* money just like any hobby.

My point was that if the pin wasn’t remade then maybe secondary market demand would remain higher thus eventually I’d only experience minimal losses and not the level of hobbit/dialed in. As I said it was a purely selfish desire should I decide to exit the hobby entirely.

#13682 4 years ago

Getting ready to start a restoration project on my Addams Family so the POTC acquired a new topper.

20200115_165440 (resized).jpg20200115_165440 (resized).jpg
#13683 4 years ago
Quoted from Mikespinball:

Getting ready to start a restoration project on my Addams Family so the POTC acquired a new topper. [quoted image]

Now if you can just get Keith to put an "IT'S SHOWTIME" easter-egg in jjPotC...

#13684 4 years ago

Ha ha ha, that's great. No, just needed a place to put it for awhile as the LE topper won't fit on it right now due to head room and I thought why not. Looks pretty good.

#13685 4 years ago

arguably looks better

#13686 4 years ago

Anyone interested in a better topper? I've been working on some ideas and they are also lightly integrated with gameplay. It wouldn't be cheap but it would be easy to install and provide some fun interaction.

#13687 4 years ago
Quoted from harryhoudini:

Anyone interested in a better topper? I've been working on some ideas and they are also lightly integrated with gameplay. It wouldn't be cheap but it would be easy to install and provide some fun interaction.

How about we do a kickstarter to get some new code instead...

#13688 4 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

How about we do a kickstarter to get some new code instead...

Hey, at least we have a completed manual! Poor Wonka folk.

Believe me, if we could get access to modify the code I'd be all over it. The code request thread I started has at least 15+ good changes that need to be made. Maybe we'll get to a v1 one of these days.

#13689 4 years ago

Apologies if this was mentioned previously in the thread, but I’d guess at this point they want to wait and release the code update alongside the new WiFi capabilities. Based on previous comments from a while ago and listening to Keith on the SWL 24hr charity stream, my hunch is that the code is complete and they want to roll it all out together.

I don’t think it makes sense to release the code if the new new WiFi capabilities are on the horizon and it is the new method or behavior you would like most of your customers to adopt. Perhaps this applies to all their games. If we see an unusually long wait without any updates for ANY of their games, is that an indicator that the WiFi is almost ready?

Could anyone in the beta test provide any info without getting in trouble?

#13690 4 years ago

Count me in

#13691 4 years ago

Anyone interested in a better topper? I've been working on some ideas and they are also lightly integrated with gameplay. It wouldn't be cheap but it would be easy to install and provide some fun interaction..

I'm in, mine is really limited
20190302_095026 (resized).jpg20190302_095026 (resized).jpg

#13692 4 years ago

You make me curious. When you say it is fun, I assume that it will please me. So I am very interested.

#13693 4 years ago

SE owner here. I’d be interested.

#13694 4 years ago

Hey, at least we have a completed manual! Poor Wonka folk.

Wonka has a manual now.

You have my attention.

Quoted from Galooch:

Could anyone in the beta test provide any info without getting in trouble?

They are working on the WIFI code for all the pins at the same time, probably trying to keep that code "module" the same across the board for the pins to keep it under control. They have not included any additional game related code with it for us. They aren't revealing anything about other game code updates. It does make it super simple for code updates though.

#13695 4 years ago

I have been told by JJP that the manual is not fully complete as more work is still needed for section D, the wiring schematics portion. As soon as it is finished I will get a hard copy printed as I have for all of my JJP games; a really useful tool for me.

#13696 4 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

Wonka has a manual now.

Key word was completed.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#13697 4 years ago

Scott, anything you can offer the curious people here. Any pictures?

#13698 4 years ago
Quoted from Zora:

I can't wait to hear about it either! I would love to see a talking skull and cross swords like in the potc ride at Disneyland right before you go down the first waterfall. "Come seeking adventure with salty old pirates eh? Sure you come to the proper place. But hold on, with both hands if you please. Thar be squalls ahead. And Davy Jones waits for those who don't obey he he he"

Anyways, it would be perfect for attract mode and call outs. Wouldn't be cheap and probably a pain to make. Just a pipe dream!

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#13700 4 years ago
Quoted from Zora:

Nope, but Heater is on the right track. Pirate skull with movement, ships, gold, lighting interaction with game. I am researching a few elements and how best to accomplish them.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 49.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 100.00
Boards
Led Pinball

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 26.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 41.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 45.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Wanted
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 20.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 35.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Vernon, BC
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

29,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Frisco, TX
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 18,868 posts in this topic. You are on page 274 of 378.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-pirates-of-the-caribbean-official-owners-and-fan-club/page/274 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.