(Topic ID: 200141)

JJP Pirates of the Caribbean Official Owners and Fan Club!

By goren1818

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 18,885 posts
  • 633 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by Buzzie
  • Topic is favorited by 284 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pirates2 (resized).jpg
IMG_2296 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2297 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2298 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2299 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2301 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2300 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
20240330_165232 (resized).jpg
POTC_Mods_annotated (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2024-03-29 at 12.02.54 PM (resized).png
17117301082711484468150429261795 (resized).jpg
20240329_160033 (resized).jpg
431321214_1110342276953195_8816628931148154685_n (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223442061 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223435586 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

20 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,885 posts in this topic. You are on page 272 of 378.
#13552 4 years ago

Can someone tell me where this came from. Playing game and looked like it came from the pearl not sure stopped play and shut down.

IMG_1173 (resized).JPGIMG_1173 (resized).JPG
#13553 4 years ago
Quoted from FryDaddy:

Can someone tell me where this came from.

Looks like the back of an opto thingy.

LTG : )

#13554 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Where do I look. The only other thing i did was took off the wire stop by the glass to rebend. I heard something drop but could not find anything.

#13555 4 years ago
Quoted from FryDaddy:

Where do I look.

At every one of the optos in the black plastic case in the game. From the spinning disc back.

Or see if it comes up in error. ( it may still work if stuck in it's hole )

#13556 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Not the back of an opto thingy, too short.

#13557 4 years ago

Not sure but it looks like it is to stop a ball from drain to shooter rail. If you look the line stops where it might be.

IMG_1174 (resized).JPGIMG_1174 (resized).JPG
#13558 4 years ago

I know it is hard to see but same line.

IMG_1177 (resized).JPGIMG_1177 (resized).JPG
#13559 4 years ago
Quoted from FryDaddy:

I know it is hard to see but same line.[quoted image]

Not plastic it's metal

#13560 4 years ago

Thanks for sharing this. I think mine has the same side to side play. I would assume they all do given the way the mech is. Maybe not...

Here's sort of my frustrating thing... when I try to move the plunger rod to be more centered within the auto forks (so moving the plunger tip/assembly to the right), it tends to collide horribly with the auto forks where basically every manual plunge is crashing into the auto forks.

You can't theoretically have the plunger assembly (that is the 3 screws) any lower than the lowest screw on the bottom so I'll continue to mess with this. Oh... I also noticed .. as I was tightening that bottom screw it was sorta raising the elevation of the other two screws (the plunger assembly) which is no good so maybe I can only tighten so much, test, add the other top screws and then finish tightening the bottom.I thought I raised the playfield enough, but it looks like that plunger washer still just wants to rub against that auto plunger mech...sometimes.

--------------------------------------------------------

On a completely separate thought - I wouldn't be surprised if my wireworms aren't perfect.
Has anyone ever manually rode a ball all the way up the shooter lane - like with their hand? It's not smooth..

In this photo, that horizontal bar underneath the wireform right above where I have the ball positioned, there is a very noticeable bump. I have highlighted the suspect area:
Screen Shot 2020-01-06 at 1.36.44 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2020-01-06 at 1.36.44 AM (resized).png

#13561 4 years ago
Quoted from joseph5185:

Thanks for sharing this. I think mine has the same side to side play. I would assume they all do given the way the mech is. Maybe not...
Here's sort of my frustrating thing... when I try to move the plunger rod to be more centered within the auto forks (so moving the plunger tip/assembly to the right), it tends to collide horribly with the auto forks where basically every manual plunge is crashing into the auto forks.
You can't theoretically have the plunger assembly (that is the 3 screws) any lower than the lowest screw on the bottom so I'll continue to mess with this. Oh... I also noticed .. as I was tightening that bottom screw it was sorta raising the elevation of the other two screws (the plunger assembly) which is no good so maybe I can only tighten so much, test, add the other top screws and then finish tightening the bottom.I thought I raised the playfield enough, but it looks like that plunger washer still just wants to rub against that auto plunger mech...sometimes.
On a completely separate thought - I wouldn't be surprised if my wireworms aren't perfect.
Has anyone ever manually rode a ball all the way up the shooter lane - like with their hand? It's not smooth..
In this photo, that horizontal bar underneath the wireform right above where I have the ball positioned, there is a very noticeable bump. I have highlighted the suspect area:
[quoted image]

You could loosen all 3 screws in the shooter housing, then place a washer between the housing and the front of the cabinet (at the bottom of the housing) and tighten accordingly. This will cause the top of the housing (and therefore the tip of the plunger) to point down slightly.

#13562 4 years ago
Quoted from joseph5185:

[quoted image]

I was sent a new wireform as mine was not formed properly. There was a flat spot that the ball collided with and caused a loss of a lot of momentum.

#13563 4 years ago
Quoted from KingPinGames:

You could loosen all 3 screws in the shooter housing, then place a washer between the housing and the front of the cabinet (at the bottom of the housing) and tighten accordingly. This will cause the top of the housing (and therefore the tip of the plunger) to point down slightly.

I may just do this. I just don't really want to raise the playfield anymore. Ever since doing so, that yellow lockdown bar goes nowhere near back where it used to. In fact, it basically just hangs down and won't budge.

Also, I feel silly for this... but I just realized that I can adjust the shooter assembly while actually having the playfield down and a ball in place going through the coin door. I definitely think this would help as I wouldn't be completely blind if you will when adjusting.

#13564 4 years ago

I'll move this conversation over to the Tech Thread... but I think this is part of the issue.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjpirates-of-the-caribbean-troubleshooting-tips-issues/page/3#post-4941271

"Third, see if the ball moves freely through the metal ball guide that goes up and over onto the playfield. It may be making contact with a weld instead of riding only on the rail guides, robbing the ball of power.

#13565 4 years ago
Quoted from BC_Gambit:

I was sent a new wireform as mine was not formed properly. There was a flat spot that the ball collided with and caused a loss of a lot of momentum.

I MAY have this exact issue.

Did it sound anything like this?
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1WMXja4uYKU3QZ8EuAcn7-_4pquc_-cA9

#13566 4 years ago
Quoted from FryDaddy:

Not plastic it's metal

Is it the ball catch for when you lift the PF?

#13567 4 years ago
Quoted from joseph5185:

I MAY have this exact issue.
Did it sound anything like this?
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1WMXja4uYKU3QZ8EuAcn7-_4pquc_-cA9

Basicallly, if you move the ball through the wireform by hand (I discovered this when I removed the wireform from the game, but this should not be necessary) does the ball hit that piece of metal rather than move over it?

My old wireform hit hard, my new one not at all.

#13568 4 years ago
Quoted from FryDaddy:

Can someone tell me where this came from. Playing game and looked like it came from the pearl not sure stopped play and shut down.[quoted image]

Found the same part in the bottom of my cabinet. Couldn’t find where it’s from and everything is working so just stored. Doesn’t look like a typical pinball part. Hopefully someone knows.

#13569 4 years ago

This is from the manual can you look and see if that piece is in place. Trying to find a better pic but at work.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#13570 4 years ago

So there it is...

A faulty shooter lane from day 1 that I didn't notice and I guess? quality control didn't check. The list grows with issues. I just feel like it's not "okay" after spending near $13,000 on a... game.

Surely, I can't be the only one that feels this way, but I'll take my disappointment and thoughts elsewhere.

#13571 4 years ago

Got same problem wich i had two months ago. The right flipper on the boat is not aligned well. Looks like an easy fix but not if i must do this every two months

37923A40-A45C-410E-825E-DBCB4E3A8F46 (resized).jpeg37923A40-A45C-410E-825E-DBCB4E3A8F46 (resized).jpeg6062C038-6F57-49EB-8CD3-7FD50DC22C12 (resized).jpeg6062C038-6F57-49EB-8CD3-7FD50DC22C12 (resized).jpeg
#13572 4 years ago
Quoted from heni1977:

Is it the ball catch for when you lift the PF?

My ball catch is chrome plated - but good guess. Its about the same size.

#13573 4 years ago
Quoted from Munsters:

Got same problem wich i had two months ago. The right flipper on the boat is not aligned well. Looks like an easy fix but not if i must do this every two months [quoted image][quoted image]

Yea. Had this issue from the beginning. I think many did and assumed it was "supposed" to be that way. Not symmetrical flippers? Not in my world...

Anyways, perhaps you can tighten the flipper more than last time and/or use loctite to better ensure it doesn't happen again.

Sorry to hear...

#13574 4 years ago
Quoted from FryDaddy:

Can someone tell me where this came from. Playing game and looked like it came from the pearl not sure stopped play and shut down.[quoted image]

For sure that looks like a hole for an Opto - and you can see an outline of where an opto might have been plugged in... but I've not see this part...And I've had the BP out.

#13575 4 years ago
Quoted from joseph5185:

So there it is...
A faulty shooter lane from day 1 that I didn't notice and I guess? quality control didn't check. The list grows with issues. I just feel like it's not "okay" after spending near $13,000 on a... game.
Surely, I can't be the only one that feels this way, but I'll take my disappointment and thoughts elsewhere.

I don’t think you’re the only one, there’s nothing wrong with feeling disappointed about it, and I don’t think there should be any need to take your thoughts elsewhere. You’re a pirate same as the rest of us and we’re all in it together to help, as evidenced by the great support and suggestions people have been providing on this issue for you.

There’s nothing wrong with getting frustrated or disappointed with build, service, code or any other issues. It’s a great design and great game to play but that doesn’t mean there can’t be valid criticisms too. This game has required a lot of tinkering. I don’t know how it compares in that regard to other recent new games but it doesn’t really matter because each person has his/her own view of how much is acceptable vs reaching the point of feeling like things should have be been done better by the manufacturer.

#13576 4 years ago

I appreciate it.

Without this community, many would be lost...

I personally feel like my experience has been 50/50 as far as being better done by the manufacturer. Some things are blatantly obvious and some things are not. You just don't want to think that the company knew about some of these issues and were like "F it, ship it anyways!" We'll never know I guess and I'm trying to not sound like I am insinuating this, but I really hope that simply isn't the truth.

Anyways, the shooter lanes aren't currently available for replacement so it just stings that much more now because I don't know how long I will have to deal with the lackluster plunger issues. Perhaps forever?

I sincerely hope not...

EDIT:
I have put in a tremendous amount of work on this machine as so many others have and I can confidently and proudly say that it's probably around 98/99% as far as playability and functionality. Once I get over this current disappointment I'm in, I do look forward to continue playing and hopefully putting many games on this awesome game.

I don't mean to sound unappreciative in the slightest if it feels like it comes off that way. My girlfriend is over it considerably more than I am understandably for the issues that we have had and fixed. I still think it's great, but the taste becomes a bit bitter as the issues elongate.

#13577 4 years ago
Quoted from Munsters:

Got same problem wich i had two months ago. The right flipper on the boat is not aligned well. Looks like an easy fix but not if i must do this every two months [quoted image][quoted image]

Is it binding from the playfield protector? Does the flipper move higher if you move it by hand? Is there a little vertical play in it if you lift it up and down?

#13578 4 years ago
Quoted from Munsters:

As you (or someone) had to remove the stock assembled flippers to install that upper playfield protector my guess is you simply need to tighten the flipper pawls a bit more. Once aligned and tightened correctly I suspect you won't have any further issues. I like the mirror blades you installed.

#13579 4 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

As you (or someone) had to remove the stock assembled flippers to install that upper playfield protector my guess is you simply need to tighten the flipper pawls a bit more. Once aligned and tightened correctly I suspect you won't have any further issues. I like the mirror blades you installed.

Exactly this! Just remove the BP and tighten them and they won’t/shouldn’t move on you.

#13580 4 years ago

Had time to set down and look through the manual and is item 5 part # 10-100011-00 it is there to put a bump in the road so it is a little harder for the ball to go back to the shooter lane.

POTC (resized).jpgPOTC (resized).jpg
#13581 4 years ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

You’re a pirate same as the rest of us and we’re all in it together to help, as evidenced by the great support and suggestions people have been providing on this issue for you.

Well said.

#13582 4 years ago

So I did a little searching but couldn’t find what I’m looking for.

I’m helping a friend open the last LE out of Australia and a little worried about the unboxing and tuning (mine was used and already tuned). Anyone have a best practices list or flowchart for setting up a new potc? I assume this was built later in the run but I don’t know that for sure. Should I be worried about QC and having to fix a bunch of stuff right away? I have a set of cliffys. Are all of them 100% necessary? Are they hard to install? Etc.

Advice please.

#13583 4 years ago
Quoted from paynemic:

So I did a little searching but couldn’t find what I’m looking for.
I’m helping a friend open the last LE out of Australia and a little worried about the unboxing and tuning (mine was used and already tuned). Anyone have a best practices list or flowchart for setting up a new potc? I assume this was built later in the run but I don’t know that for sure. Should I be worried about QC and having to fix a bunch of stuff right away? I have a set of cliffys. Are all of them 100% necessary? Are they hard to install? Etc.
Advice please.

Step one, order the conversion kit direct from JJP that converts from Aussie power back to US power. DO NOT plug the machine in in without doing the full conversion FIRST.

Step two, check out the technical thread here:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjpirates-of-the-caribbean-troubleshooting-tips-issues

There's an index in post one to almost everything you could need to know to tweak and fix the machine.

Step three, enjoy one of the best pins ever made!

#13584 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Step one, order the conversion kit direct from JJP that converts from Aussie power back to US power. DO NOT plug the machine in in without doing the full conversion FIRST.
Step two, check out the technical thread here:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjpirates-of-the-caribbean-troubleshooting-tips-issues
There's an index in post one to almost everything you could need to know to tweak and fix the machine.
Step three, enjoy one of the best pins ever made!

Thanks! I have the kit already. That will happen. I will definitely check out the tech thread...

#13585 4 years ago

CE 146 is in the house!

IMG_2045 (resized).jpegIMG_2045 (resized).jpeg
#13586 4 years ago

where is the bottle?

#13587 4 years ago
Quoted from Ballypinball:

where is the bottle?

Probably removed for shipping

#13588 4 years ago

Does anyone sell shorter standup posts shorter than the factory ones ? My ship never aligned with the cannon so I can never make the shot,I read the fix is to use shorter posts to bring the ship back some to the backbox which would fix my issue

#13589 4 years ago
Quoted from Ballypinball:

where is the bottle?

847FB87B-D45A-4837-A8CE-48134F15C159 (resized).jpeg847FB87B-D45A-4837-A8CE-48134F15C159 (resized).jpeg
#13590 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

[quoted image]

There's the bottle!

In your... theatre room no less?

If you have audio popping, I know EXACTLY how to fix it!

#13591 4 years ago
Quoted from joseph5185:

There's the bottle!
In your... theatre room no less?
If you have audio popping, I know EXACTLY how to fix it!

Media room and pin room. It doesn't hold many pins, 3 currently.

#13592 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Every media room should have his and hers Pirates!!!! Love it!! Everyone should own 2!!!

#13593 4 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Every media room should have his and hers Pirates!!!! Love it!! Everyone should own 2!!!

That's a tall order since they are unobtainium!

#13594 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Remove that sofa and you can likely fit 3-4 more, lol!

#13595 4 years ago
Quoted from mtp78:

Does anyone sell shorter standup posts shorter than the factory ones ? My ship never aligned with the cannon so I can never make the shot,I read the fix is to use shorter posts to bring the ship back some to the backbox which would fix my issue

Topic index links on the top of this page: post #6315

I had the same issue, I wasn’t even close. I ordered the parts and changed the spacers. Overall easy job to replace them. It’s perfect now, I can hit it every time with good timing.

#13596 4 years ago

Too funny....Between the two of you guys(Yelobird Zaphx) you own four Pirates...Share the wealth man

#13597 4 years ago

zaphX nice man! We have similar tastes in movie room setup.

55F66B1B-16CC-4EAC-B4EA-0E4556E7DB1D (resized).jpeg55F66B1B-16CC-4EAC-B4EA-0E4556E7DB1D (resized).jpeg
#13598 4 years ago

Fellow pirates.

I need help.

I've been spending the last 2 days reliving all my POTC history...doing all the tweaks and bulletproofing steps we all know and love to my new CE.
Cleaning, rubbers, wireloom, waxing, Cliffys, spinner leveling, shooter lane adjustments, spotlight replacements and bulletproofing, Tortuga scoop aiming, Chest fork tweaking, you name it I've done it over the last 2 nights.

It is almost where I want it, save for one issue...and the LE has the same issue.

The damn Depths VUK.

Frequently, the ball shoots out of the VUK - seemingly harder than usual - and it seems to hit the one way gate at the I lane like it's a wall, then drains.
When this happens it makes you want to quit pinball.

And both of my machines are doing it, so I am stumped.

I considered, maybe the Depths Cliffy is the cause and is putting some kind of spin on the ball? That one is a clip-on so I removed it - it did not make an appreciable difference.

Of all the issues we've troubleshot together, surely someone has come up with a fix for this one?

I would truly love to solve this on both machines.

#13599 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Fellow pirates.
I need help.
I've been spending the last 2 days reliving all my POTC history...doing all the tweaks and bulletproofing steps we all know and love to my new CE.
Cleaning, rubbers, wireloom, waxing, Cliffys, spinner leveling, shooter lane adjustments, spotlight replacements and bulletproofing, Tortuga scoop aiming, Chest fork tweaking, you name it I've done it over the last 2 nights.
It is almost where I want it, save for one issue...and the LE has the same issue.
The damn Depths VUK.
Frequently, the ball shoots out of the VUK - seemingly harder than usual - and it seems to hit the one way gate at the I lane like it's a wall, then drains.
I considered, maybe the Depths Cliffy is the cause and is putting some kind of spin on the ball? That one is a clip-on so I removed it - it did not make an appreciable difference.
Of all the issues we've troubleshot together, surely someone has come up with a fix for this one?

The Depths cliffy did not affect that here. Have you slo-mo'ed the eject of the ball to see what's different about the times when the ball comes screaming out? I'm thinking maybe the angle of the scoop curve is a little too high or too low?

I know that if it fails to eject, it will increase power and try again, so maybe there's a failed eject you're not seeing/hearing and the fast ones are the second try?

#13600 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Fellow pirates.
I need help.
The damn Depths VUK.

I hated that about the game when I had mine. The fix I found was to lower the power of the vuk as low as it would possibly go. I agree, when that would happen I would shut the machine off and walk away. I had no cliffy in mine and it was happening. Another thing you could try is loosening the inlanes and messing with the geometry slightly before tightening again

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Vernon, BC
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 20.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 38.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 19.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

24,999 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Frisco, TX
$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 100.00
Boards
Led Pinball

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 24.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

Electronics
Skillshot Combo

$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Wanted
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 18,885 posts in this topic. You are on page 272 of 378.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-pirates-of-the-caribbean-official-owners-and-fan-club/page/272?hl=zaphx and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.