(Topic ID: 200141)

JJP Pirates of the Caribbean Official Owners and Fan Club!

By goren1818

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 18,885 posts
  • 633 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 days ago by Buzzie
  • Topic is favorited by 284 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pirates2 (resized).jpg
IMG_2296 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2297 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2298 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2299 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2301 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2300 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
20240330_165232 (resized).jpg
POTC_Mods_annotated (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2024-03-29 at 12.02.54 PM (resized).png
17117301082711484468150429261795 (resized).jpg
20240329_160033 (resized).jpg
431321214_1110342276953195_8816628931148154685_n (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223442061 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223435586 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

20 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,885 posts in this topic. You are on page 271 of 378.
#13501 4 years ago

Not necessary. Look at the right side flipper button leaf blade switches. Same set up.
LTG : )

Won't be back in front of my machine for several days was just curious to see a picture if anyone had one.

#13502 4 years ago

First picture, left side second is right, but as we discussed before, it appears to be the transistor. Again this was my issue also and the transistor was what failed. Call me if you want to discuss further and I can help you. Mike
541-514-7229 cell#

20191231_150520 (resized).jpg20191231_150520 (resized).jpg20191231_150527 (resized).jpg20191231_150527 (resized).jpg
#13503 4 years ago
Quoted from Mikespinball:

First picture, left side second is right, but as we discussed before, it appears to be the transistor. Again this was my issue also and the transistor was what failed. Call me if you want to discuss further and I can help you. Mike
541-514-7229 cell#[quoted image][quoted image]

Thanks Mike. It's definitely the transistor. Good thing this beauty is still under warranty. Now just need JJP to ship me a warranty replacement I/O board.

#13504 4 years ago
Quoted from SuperMas77:

Thanks Mike. It's definitely the transistor. Good thing this beauty is still under warranty. Now just need JJP to ship me a warranty replacement I/O board.

I wonder what would happen if you weren’t under warranty. Would they sell you a new board? Is the board repairable?

#13505 4 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

Is the board repairable?

Yes. If you have board skills. Through hole transistors soldered on.

#13506 4 years ago

Happy New Years All

#13507 4 years ago
Quoted from GnarLee:

Happy New Years All

Happy New Year to you too!!!

#13508 4 years ago

Playing this game last night reminded me that if/when a code update comes, I hope there is an option for ball save out after chapter is selected. It doesn't happen that often, but often enough that it drains SDTM. It really hurts when it is your last ball.

#13509 4 years ago

My 3.7 million point game ended that way

#13510 4 years ago

Anyone have a spare CE playfield or know of any around?

#13511 4 years ago
Quoted from Vitty:

Anyone have a spare CE playfield or know of any around?

You don't want an old CE playfield, you want a new generation one from JJP once they come in from Germany

#13512 4 years ago
Quoted from DerGoetz:

You don't want an old CE playfield, you want a new generation one from JJP once they come in from Germany

Thanks for the info. Are they supposedly being produced?

#13513 4 years ago

Any more rumblings on the possibility of more being made?

#13514 4 years ago
Quoted from Vans:

Any more rumblings on the possibility of more being made?

Just guesses but if you follow the money, yes (eventually)

#13515 4 years ago

Is there any guess on how many playfields were affected by the clear issue? I've found a good deal on an LE regionally but have to drive, so it would be helpful to know what manufacturing dates were affected.

#13517 4 years ago
Quoted from dts:

Is there any guess on how many playfields were affected by the clear issue? I've found a good deal on an LE regionally but have to drive, so it would be helpful to know what manufacturing dates were affected.

I figure most of them, to some degree or another.

You owned this before, correct?

I'd say just buy if you want the game, the playfield issues kinda need to be very, very secondary to you at this point, picking up a HUO.

#13518 4 years ago

I would agregue every one... but some have more apparent and visible issues than others. I have seen A LOT of Pirates games I’d say 6 of the 7 I have seen do

#13519 4 years ago

It's one of the last ones made. Here is some info:
“On the back it says SIN ( I assume that's the serial number) is 08731639 4/24/19., no bubbles or PF damage”
I’ll take a look and see. Yes, I owned it before and bet it would be made again. But no guarantees, good deal regionally, so I’ll see...

#13520 4 years ago
Quoted from Time:

Just guesses but if you follow the money, yes (eventually)

Keep hearing Pirates is done for good.

#13521 4 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

I figure most of them, to some degree or another.
You owned this before, correct?
I'd say just buy if you want the game, the playfield issues kinda need to be very, very secondary to you at this point, picking up a HUO.

I checked it out and despite the late manufacture date, lots of clear buildup, and some lifting of ink. Not sure how two machines made in the same day have a different outcome. The #0001 that sold recently was made the same day. So much for a unicorn...

#13522 4 years ago

Fellow pirates!

A Wonka Candy Kode (411411) has revealed the existence of a hidden 23rd POTC character!

32068C0B-DCEC-4A59-BD21-5814C117B1C7.jpeg32068C0B-DCEC-4A59-BD21-5814C117B1C7.jpeg
#13523 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Fellow pirates!
A Wonka Candy Kode (411411) has revealed the existence of a hidden 23rd POTC character![quoted image]

That would be pretty crazy if....

"Git yer hands off me Gobstoppers...YARRR!!"

(Sorry for the quick phone editing!)

Polish_20200104_203809175 (resized).pngPolish_20200104_203809175 (resized).png
#13524 4 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

That would be pretty crazy if....
"Git yer hands off me Gobstoppers...YARRR!!"
(Sorry for the quick phone editing!)[quoted image]

Maybe it's Sao Feng? I always thought it was weird he wasn't in it when they included very minor characters like Cotton and Scrum.

#13525 4 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

Maybe it's Sao Feng? I always thought it was weird he wasn't in it when they included very minor characters like Cotton and Scrum.

I remember someone mentioning maybe a license issue to get Chow Yun-Fat? I think even just for those photos, they had to pay each actor.

Personally, I hope it's....

Polish_20200104_212801836 (resized).jpgPolish_20200104_212801836 (resized).jpg

OR!!! Hogbog

Polish_20200104_212931904 (resized).jpgPolish_20200104_212931904 (resized).jpg

#13526 4 years ago

Oh dear lord...........................The question now becomes is there a secret code somewhere on the playfield. Or is it something that requires dumb luck. Before we find out its a 1.0 easter egg.

Wonder if we could get LTG to confirm or deny if hes actually attainable (whomever it is)

#13527 4 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

I remember someone mentioning maybe a license issue to get Chow Yun-Fat? I think even just for those photos, they had to pay each actor.
Personally, I hope it's....
[quoted image]
OR!!! hogbog
[quoted image]

I asked the question of there being a licensing issue with Chow-Yun Fat since he wasn't in the game, but I don't think anyone ever confirmed there was an issue.
The monkey makes a lot of sense. It's off beat being an animal so it makes sense not to include it by default and I would assume the licensing would be easier. Probably have to do some combination when the icon is on Jack on the player select screen to get him to appear.

#13528 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Fellow pirates!
A Wonka Candy Kode (411411) has revealed the existence of a hidden 23rd POTC character![quoted image]

Wow! Need more info. I wonder if it’s in current code?

#13529 4 years ago
Quoted from GnarLee:

Wonder if we could get LTG to confirm or deny if hes actually attainable (whomever it is)

Please remember. I'm tech support. First to go. Last to know.

#13530 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Fellow pirates!

Let us know when you discover the Candy Kode that unlocks POTC 1.0 complete code.

#13531 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Fellow pirates!
A Wonka Candy Kode (411411) has revealed the existence of a hidden 23rd POTC character!

Awesome find/hint! I thought maybe a clue would be on the playfield/inserts since each player has a respective shot. I only saw the 22 characters (and nothing else) as a labeled insert or pic on the playfield. Maybe the CE has someone on the playfield that the std/le doesn't?

Also tried a combination of flipper buttons (411 code, but no luck). Just holding in the left and pressing 5 right makes the random select is all I know.

#13532 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Please remember. I'm tech support. First to go. Last to know.

It was worth a shot

#13533 4 years ago

Also....!

Polish_20200104_224709216 (resized).jpgPolish_20200104_224709216 (resized).jpg
#13534 4 years ago

Out of curiosity what is a wonka candy kode?

#13535 4 years ago

I wish the plunger had a bit more punch and the ball card around faster.

I did the fix so I’m pretty sure blinding isn’t occurring, but I have seen other videos where the ball seems to launch much faster.

Has anyone upgraded to the next level of spring for the plunger or are there any other tips/tricks out there?

Thanks!

#13536 4 years ago

That is QUITE a next-level tease! Wow. Well done JJP. Now make it happen in the game! #wheresthecode

#13537 4 years ago
Quoted from joseph5185:

I did the fix so I’m pretty sure blinding isn’t occurring, but I have seen other videos where the ball seems to launch much faster.
Has anyone upgraded to the next level of spring for the plunger or are there any other tips/tricks out there?
Thanks!

Are you sure that the washer from.you plunger tip isn't hitting the auto launch bracket? Mine was doing this and I really lost a lot of momentum. I loosened the 3 screws that held the shooter rod assembly in place, lowered the entire assembly and the retightened the screws. Now it works great

#13538 4 years ago
Quoted from joseph5185:

Thanks!

The tech thread has all my findings on making the plunger and autoplunger perfect.

Off the top of my head:

- Make sure the rails are even and don’t have any bumps, bends, or imperfections. Remove and carefully adjust if necessary,
- Make sure the autoplunger forks align and use washers and/or bend if needed
- Make sure the shooter assembly is lined up such that the tip hits the ball dead on center
- Make sure the autoplunger forks are not catching with the shooter and pad the playfield hooks if so (and re-level)
- Make sure the end of the shooter lane is aimed properly so the ball doesn’t rattle as it lands in the lane
- Put a fresh shooter tip on

I had to do all of these things but it fixed it. Not only is it powerful, it is consistent (important for skillshots.)

At the end of the day, the shooter is a pretty simple mech - not much else that can go wrong.

#13539 4 years ago
Quoted from KingPinGames:

Are you sure that the washer from.you plunger tip isn't hitting the auto launch bracket? Mine was doing this and I really lost a lot of momentum. I loosened the 3 screws that held the shooter rod assembly in place, lowered the entire assembly and the retightened the screws. Now it works great

I’ll check this.

Thanks!

EDIT: I didn’t stop to consider if it happens on the auto launch balls. I feel like it doesn’t?
I’ll play a few games and look for this specifically.

#13540 4 years ago
Quoted from joseph5185:

Thanks!

If you have played enough the plunger tip starts to get squished. If it gets squished enough you will get that effect. Might be fixed with a tiny piece of rubber. Id say every 750 plays or so I replace mine.

#13541 4 years ago
Quoted from GnarLee:

If you have played enough the plunger tip starts to get squished. If it gets squished enough you will get that effect. Might be fixed with a tiny piece of rubber. Id say every 750 plays or so I replace mine.

Good to know. I’m not sure I even have 400 games on it yet.

I’m considering taking a couple slow motion videos and uploading here for feedback. One with the plunger and forks and I guess just another one with the ball traveling upward.

I hope it’s something simple... I agree. It sorta has to be.

#13542 4 years ago
Quoted from joseph5185:

I’ll check this.
Thanks!

EDIT: I didn’t stop to consider if it happens on the auto launch balls. I feel like it doesn’t?

I’ll play a few games and look for this specifically.

#13543 4 years ago

Hi I am trying to find the octopus mod for my POTC, the one that goes on the top of the left ramp. Please can some one let me know where I can buy this.

#13544 4 years ago
Quoted from Wanderers:

Hi I am trying to find the octopus mod for my POTC, the one that goes on the top of the left ramp. Please can some one let me know where I can buy this.

www.TheModCouplePinball.com

Thanks

#13545 4 years ago

Well guys .. zaphX GnarLee

Looks pretty evident.

No where near centered...

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#13546 4 years ago
Quoted from joseph5185:

Well guys .. zaphx gnarlee
Looks pretty evident.
[quoted image]

Yeah I see two issues there. The autoplunger fork is too far right, which a washer should fix. The manual plunger is too far left, which you can fix by loosening the screws and repositioning the mech.

#13547 4 years ago
Quoted from joseph5185:

Well guys .. zaphx gnarlee
Looks pretty evident.
[quoted image]

Can you take another photo? This doesn't look centered, image wise. Nor does anything else though.

#13548 4 years ago

I tried to take a video of a manual plunge followed by an auto plunge by the video quality is terrible for some reason.

Ever so slightly it looks like the waster is still touching the fork mech so may need to raise the playfield a little bit more.
Does anyone have a video handy of what a normal plunge looks like for them? Guess I could YouTube it as well.

zaphX How exactly would I apply the washer? Did you do this?

#13549 4 years ago

Well FWIW ..

My plunging is no slower than this beginning of the video:

But I suspect 1) he doesn't care and 2) it's still an issue.

#13550 4 years ago

Autoplunger seem kinda centered to the wireform (hard to tell). The plunger tip should definitely be centered to the autoplunger. I had an issue where the autoplunger would move 1-2mm. To one side I got perfect auto plunges to the other it would rattle up the lane and be very weak. I fixed that issue by adding a nylon washer in the mech. I have a picture in the other thread I think lemme see if I can link.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Vernon, BC
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 26.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 45.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 20.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

24,999 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Frisco, TX
Wanted
$ 24.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 19.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 35.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

Flipper Parts
FlipMods

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

There are 18,885 posts in this topic. You are on page 271 of 378.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-pirates-of-the-caribbean-official-owners-and-fan-club/page/271?hl=crile1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.